Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Remains of Debbie Flores-Narvaez, 31, have been found in downtown Vegas. LE is not talking; however, Jason "Blu" Griffith,Ex-Boyfriend Arrested for Murder in Showgirl's Murder.

+2
Wrapitup
raine1953
6 posters

Go down

The Remains of Debbie Flores-Narvaez, 31, have been found in downtown Vegas. LE is not talking; however, Jason "Blu" Griffith,Ex-Boyfriend Arrested for Murder in Showgirl's Murder. Empty The Remains of Debbie Flores-Narvaez, 31, have been found in downtown Vegas. LE is not talking; however, Jason "Blu" Griffith,Ex-Boyfriend Arrested for Murder in Showgirl's Murder.

Post by raine1953 Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:29 pm

The former boyfriend of a missing Las Vegas showgirl has been arrested for murder.

The arrest of Jason "Blu" Griffith comes after much doubt had been cast on him considering the couple's often tumultuous relationship, and nearly a month since Debbie Flores-Narvaez, 31, vanished without a trace after last being seen at Griffith's home on Dec. 12.

Three days after she was allegedly at his home, Flores-Narvaez's car was found abandoned in a Northwest Las Vegas neighborhood, its license plates removed.

Griffith, 32, is being held without bail in the Clark County Detention Center, jail records show.

It is not known whether Flores-Narvaez's body has been found. The brunette beauty worked in several of Las Vegas's top nightclubs after following her dream to be a trained dancer. She previously studied law and business, her family said, and she was also a cheerleading ambassador for the Washington Redskins football team.

Prior to her disappearance, Flores-Narvaez sent an ominous text to her mother. "In case there is ever an emergency with me, contact Blu Griffith in Vegas," the text sent on Dec. 1 read. "My ex-boyfriend. Not my best friend."

"It was a rocky relationship," Celeste Narvaez-Flores told PEOPLE after her sister went missing. "A lot of ups and downs."

Last October, Griffith, also Las Vegas entertainer, was arrest for domestic violence and formally charged with coercion following a confrontation with his ex-girlfriend. A preliminary hearing is set for April on the coercion charge.

Police did not immediately return calls. The attorney retained by Griffith on the coercion charge said he could not speak about the murder arrest since he has not yet been formally brought on to represent Griffith on the case.

In light of the murder charge, Celeste Narvaez-Flores told PEOPLE, "I don't want to react until I talk to the police face to face and hear what it is that they need to tell me."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(I was sure I've seen this somewhere on VH but can't find it, hope I'm not duplicating threads.)
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

The Remains of Debbie Flores-Narvaez, 31, have been found in downtown Vegas. LE is not talking; however, Jason "Blu" Griffith,Ex-Boyfriend Arrested for Murder in Showgirl's Murder. Empty Re: The Remains of Debbie Flores-Narvaez, 31, have been found in downtown Vegas. LE is not talking; however, Jason "Blu" Griffith,Ex-Boyfriend Arrested for Murder in Showgirl's Murder.

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Thanks, Raine..it had not been posted and was on NG a few weeks ago. I think she was pregnant. I am not surprised the boyfriend was arrested for murder.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

The Remains of Debbie Flores-Narvaez, 31, have been found in downtown Vegas. LE is not talking; however, Jason "Blu" Griffith,Ex-Boyfriend Arrested for Murder in Showgirl's Murder. Empty Re: The Remains of Debbie Flores-Narvaez, 31, have been found in downtown Vegas. LE is not talking; however, Jason "Blu" Griffith,Ex-Boyfriend Arrested for Murder in Showgirl's Murder.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:29 am

Missing Las Vegas showgirl Debbie Flores-Narvaez may have left behind a clue to her wherabouts in a bizarre text message to her mother days before she vanished last week

"In case there is ever an emergency with me, contact Blu Griffith in Vegas. My ex-boyfriend. Not my best friend," the Dec. 1 text said, according to Flores-Narvaez' mother, Elise Narvaez.

"I asked Debbie what it means, and she says 'never mind, mommy. Just keep it for your records,'" Elise told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Eleven days later, her 31-year-old daughter was gone.

Flores-Narvaez’s ex, Jason "Blu" Griffith, seems to be the last person who saw her before she vanished. Her sister Celeste said Griffith told her the showgirl visited him the night she disappeared. They spoke briefly outside his home before she left.

Though police have said he is not a suspect in her disappearance, Griffith has a history of being violent toward his dancer ex.

He was arrested and charged with one count of domestic-violence-related battery in October, when he reportedly stole Flores-Narvaez's cell phone during an argument and then assaulted her when she tried to retrieve it.

In a police report obtained by CBS News, Griffith allegedly threw the phone and pushed her to the ground, pulling her hair and kicking her as she tried to pick it up.

Police said Flores-Narvaez suffered bruises on her legs and that a chunk of her hair was found at the scene of the fight.

The police report contains another bombshell – Flores-Narvaez was reportedly pregnant during the incident, just two months ago.

After she went missing, the brown-eyed beauty's car was found parked in the northeastern section of Vegas, its license plates removed. Little else is known about what happened to her.

Originally from Puerto Rico, Flores-Narvaez grew up in Baltimore and moved to Las Vegas two years ago. According to her Facebook page, she is a ballroom and hip-hop dancer, and worked for the Washington Redskins Cheerleader Ambassadors for two years. Since making Nevada her home, she became a dancer at the Luxor's "Fantasy" show.

"She worked so hard to get in that show," Elise said. "Many girls wanted to be in that show. There was no way for her to miss that show without calling."

Family and friends have been reaching out to news outlets in hopes of finding Flores-Narvaez.

"I'm just hoping and praying that somebody sees her, that somebody knows something," Elise said.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:47 am

Remains of missing dancer found, ex-boyfriend arrested

LAS VEGAS, NV - An arrest was made in the case of Debbie Florez-Narvaez, the missing Las Vegas Dancer. Her body was found, and her ex-boyfriend has been charged with her murder.

Metro isn't giving specifics, because the investigation is ongoing. Detectives say Debbie's remains were found downtown, but they're not revealing exactly where.

Celeste Flores-Narvaez is living a nightmare.

"You want to wake up from it and get that call from her," she describes.

We now know that call will never come. After nearly a month of searching, Celeste's sister Debbie, a professional dancer and former NFL cheerleader, has been found dead.

"I wasn't able to tell her that I loved her," Celeste says.

It was an anonymous tip that led police downtown.

"Based on the tip that came in, the information that we had, and the follow-up information that was gathered, it became pretty evident that the human remains we found, were our victim's," says Lieutenant Lou Roberts. "From that, we were able to determine that our initial suspect, was in fact our suspect."

Debbie's ex-boyfriend, Jason Griffith, is behind bars for her murder. He's being held without bail at the Clark County Detention Center. Known as "Blu", he's also a local entertainer. He was on Metro's radar. He was arrested for beating Debbie back in October. At the time, she told police she was pregnant with his child.

Debbie was last seen at Griffith's home in North Las Vegas on December 12th. He admitted to Action News earlier in the investigation that she was there, but said she left to go see friends.

Three days later, her car was found abandoned, with its license plate removed. But she may have left behind a clue in a bizarre text message to her mother just days before she vanished. It said, "In case there is ever an emergency with me, contact Blu Griffith in Vegas. My ex-boyfriend. Not my best friend."

It was a vague text that the family didn't take as a warning.

"We weren't thinking along those lines," Celeste says. "You never think something like this will happen. The message could have been taken either way. Contact him if there was an emergency, or if something happened to her, look to him."

Now Celeste wants answers from Griffith. "I want to see him face to face," she says. "I still want to sit down and talk to him. I want to know why."

Her fight to find her sister has turned into a fight to bring her justice.

An autopsy will be done Monday. Police are still investigating whether Griffith acted alone, or had help.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:57 am

Is he sucking his thumb or am I brain dead from no sleep?

This poor girl. crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:24 am

Raine, thanks for creating this thread. I had heard about this on Nancy Grace before Christmas, but had forgotten about it. I hadn't realized that they had found her body! So very sad... I remember hearing her sister speak about what a wonderful person she was. I'm sure that Griffiths, with his past violent history with her, is the murderer. I wonder if it had to do with her pregnancy?

Wrap - it does look like he is sucking his thumb. Too funny!!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:28 am

Rainbow wrote:Raine, thanks for creating this thread. I had heard about this on Nancy Grace before Christmas, but had forgotten about it. I hadn't realized that they had found her body! So very sad... I remember hearing her sister speak about what a wonderful person she was. I'm sure that Griffiths, with his past violent history with her, is the murderer. I wonder if it had to do with her pregnancy?

Rainbow, the news just came down today that they found her body but before they confirmed that, they arrested Griffiths. I wondered the same thing about the pregnancy.

Wrap - it does look like he is sucking his thumb. Too funny!!

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:20 am

I think he is holding a microphone. He thinks he is a real hot dog.

They did some kind of stand up act with a lot of physical pushing and shoving.

I hope he fries. Time men learn they can't kill women and get away with it.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:15 pm

I think hes a real creep and I wonder what in the world she saw in him?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Former boyfriend of missing dancer arrested on murder charges

Posted: January 8, 2011 | 9:56 a.m.
Updated: January 9, 2011 | 8:05 a.m.
Dancer Deborah Flores-Narvaez's body, dismembered and packed into at least two cement-filled tubs, was left by her killer in a downtown Las Vegas home.

Flores-Narvaez' 32-year-old former boyfriend was arrested on murder charges early Saturday morning, nearly a month after she disappeared on Dec. 12. Jason "Blu" Griffith, a dancer who performs in the Cirque du Soleil show "Love" featured at The Mirage, is being held without bail, jail records show.

Detectives discovered that Griffith had purchased cement and had rented a U-Haul not long after she visited him at his North Las Vegas home on the night of Dec. 12. Financial records -- U-Haul requires a credit card -- confirmed the rental.

The U-Haul's global positioning tracking device allowed detectives to reconstruct Griffith's movements, leading them to the downtown house where they found Flores-Narvaez's remains encased in cement.

Lt. Lew Roberts, head of the Las Vegas police homicide unit, declined comment on specific details of the case at a Saturday news conference, "in the interest of providing a good prosecution." He said it was a "complicated case" and would only confirm that the body was found downtown.

Roberts said detectives received a tip Friday that led them to take Griffith into custody on the Strip. He said he doesn't know the motive for the slaying.

The Clark County coroner's office will make a positive identification and release the cause of death. An autopsy is expected on Monday.

The investigation is continuing, and Roberts said there could be more arrests. He did not elaborate.

According to court records, Griffith is scheduled to appear Wednesday in Las Vegas Justice Court on the murder charge.

It has been nearly a month since the 31-year-old dancer was reported missing, a day after she failed to show up for a Dec. 13 performance in the Luxor show "Fantasy." Three days later, police found her Chevrolet Prizm abandoned in the northeast area of the valley, its license plates removed. The disappearance of the woman has made national headlines in part because her family has made high-profile appeals for help in finding her.

Detectives focused on Griffith, a professional dancer himself, because she accused him of beating her in October. Flores-Narvaez also told police she was pregnant with Griffith's child at that time.

Griffith has told detectives that Flores-Narvaez visited him at his home on the night she went missing, but the conversation was brief and she seemed OK before leaving, police said.

Investigators have previously searched Griffith's North Las Vegas home and his car, and his attorney, Patrick McDonald, has said Griffith had cooperated with police, including volunteering for an interview with detectives.

A preliminary hearing in the domestic violence case is scheduled for April.

Flores-Narvaez grew up in Puerto Rico before moving to Maryland, where she studied international business and law. She served as an ambassador for the Washington Redskins in 2007, a non-performing position that sent her into the community.

She moved to Las Vegas to pursue dreams of dancing, and soon was hired at some of the Strip's poshest nightclubs: Jet at The Mirage and Haze at Aria, among others.

Flores-Narvaez' sister, Celeste Flores-Narvaez of Atlanta, who has been in Las Vegas in hopes of finding the dancer, did not return a message left Saturday.

Before her relationship with Griffith, court records indicate she was in at least one other troubled relationship with another professional dancer, Jamile McGee.

In April, Flores-Narvaez won a $250,000 civil judgment against McGee, whom she accused of beating her, according to court records. Court records do not indicate that she had received any money from the judgment.

McGee, who left Las Vegas more than a year ago, was never prosecuted by law enforcement, according to court records.

McGee's attorney has said there were never any medical or police reports to support Flores-Narvaez's allegations, and that she won the case only because his client ran out of money and could not continue fighting it.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:54 pm

What's up with all this dismemberment lately! affraid
I can't even imagine doing this to my worst enemy...just the logistics of it are mind-blowing! :jaw dropping: People that can do this must be able to psychologically remove themselves from the action. We are hearing of this happening TOO MUCH!! Eeewww
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:03 pm

I know Lisette, it's really giving me the creeps. It's really hard for me to even read but to even think what kind of a person it takes to actually do it? OMG, it makes me sick.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:32 pm

I am thinking the boyfriend sent that message to her mother.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:39 am

lisette wrote:What's up with all this dismemberment lately! affraid
I can't even imagine doing this to my worst enemy...just the logistics of it are mind-blowing! :jaw dropping: People that can do this must be able to psychologically remove themselves from the action. We are hearing of this happening TOO MUCH!! Eeewww

My thoughts exactly! It's bad enough to kill someone, but to actually dismember them is just completely sickening!! On the positive side, LE was definitely "on the ball" again - great detective work!! Bravo

Charm - that is an interesting thought! The message does sound like she is wanting her family to put their trust in the ex-boyfriend. Very suspicious!! thinking
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:29 pm

In case there is ever an emergency with me, contact Blu Griffith in Vegas. My ex-boyfriend. Not my best friend."

I interpreted this message completely different than some of you. I thought she meant: "If anything ever happens to me, look at Blu Griffith in Vegas. He is my ex-boyfriend. HE is not my best friend." I may be wrong, but that is the way it struck me when I first read it.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Yes, I can see that too! Very strange how it was worded - it could be taken either way. I am sure that LE will figure out who actually sent it!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Remains of Debbie Flores-Narvaez, 31, have been found in downtown Vegas. LE is not talking; however, Jason "Blu" Griffith,Ex-Boyfriend Arrested for Murder in Showgirl's Murder. Empty Claims by ex-boyfriends of slain 'Fantasy' dancer excluded from suspect's trial

Post by raine1953 Sun May 19, 2013 12:39 am

A judge blocked efforts by an ex-Cirque du Soleil dancer to paint the woman he is accused of killing as a serial stalker with a history of violent tendencies.

Judge Kathleen Delaney ruled Wednesday that Jason "Blu" Griffith's lawyers could not tell a jury about numerous accusations made by ex-boyfriends of "Fantasy" dancer Debbie Flores Narvaez. They claim she stalked and harassed them.

The ruling could be a blow to a possible defense strategy that contends Griffith was defending himself at the time he is accused of strangling Flores Narvaez, chopping up her body and hiding it in concrete-filled containers in an empty downtown home.

Deputy public defender Abel Yanez argued the defense has the right to show "who was the likely aggressor." Yanez said the history of aggression toward previous ex-boyfriends points to Flores Narvaez as being the aggressor.

But prosecutor Marc DiGiacomo countered that vilifying a victim is not allowed under the law.

Delaney agreed.

The defense will still be able to present evidence showing that Flores Narvaez stalked Griffith, including a video he secretly recorded showing Flores Narvaez admitting to slapping him, slashing his tires and damaging his property.

And Delaney will allow the defense to show one incident involving Flores Narvaez and a different ex-boyfriend, if Griffith uses a self-defense strategy. That incident involved her striking the ex-boyfriend.

The case shocked the Las Vegas performance community, and the sensational nature of the evidence garnered national attention.

Flores Narvaez was reported missing a day after she missed a Dec. 13, 2010, performance in the Luxor burlesque show "Fantasy."

Her disappearance made national headlines, partly because her family made high-profile appeals for help in finding her.

Authorities said Flores Narvaez had gone to Griffith's North Las Vegas home Dec. 12, 2010, to watch the television show "Dexter" - about a serial killer - and the two fought.

A key witness in the case is Griffith's roommate, Louis Colombo, who eventually told police he helped hide the body.

Colombo admitted his involvement in a bid for leniency. He has not been arrested or charged in the case.

Griffith was arrested Jan. 8, 2011.

Griffith and Flores Narvaez had a volatile history, including at least three incidents in which authorities responded to calls of domestic violence between the couple. One, on Oct. 22, 2010, resulted in Griffith's arrest.

Prosecutors have conceded there is evidence suggesting Griffith may have been improperly arrested in that case.

"I don't know because the star witness (Flores Narvaez) in that case is now deceased," DiGiacomo said Wednesday.

Griffith's accomplishments included dancing for singer Toni Braxton on tour, being a New York Knicks City Dancer and signing a record deal. At the time of his arrest he had a major role in the Cirque du Soleil show "Love" at The Mirage.

Flores Narvaez was a backup dancer for "Fantasy" who was developing a special segment for the show with pop singer Sisqó at the time of her death.

In the meantime a new trial date was set in the case for July 8, 2013.

Griffith, 33, remained jailed without bail at the Clark County Detention Center.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down