Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Children Removed After Filthy Conditions Found/ Parents Angela DeWitt and Nicholas Flaker charged with two counts of child endangering

3 posters

Go down

Children Removed After Filthy Conditions Found/ Parents Angela DeWitt and Nicholas Flaker charged with two counts of child endangering Empty Children Removed After Filthy Conditions Found/ Parents Angela DeWitt and Nicholas Flaker charged with two counts of child endangering

Post by Praying For Faith Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:17 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Children Removed After Filthy Conditions Found

Posted: 4:40 pm EST February 10, 2011Updated: 5:04 pm EST February 10, 2011

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio -- Police in Springfield said two parents are in jail after officers found pills scattered on the floor of their house and children running around.

News Center 7 has learned that officers even gave the couple a chance to clean up the house before they were taken into custody.

The parents, Angela DeWitt and Nicholas Flaker, were charged with two counts of child endangering.

The charges are the result of the alleged conditions inside their apartment on East High Street. Officers responded to the apartment earlier this week.

According to reports, officers found filthy conditions with trash overflowing and pills on the ground.

Police reports also indicated that officers found dog feces, along with trash on the ground. Officers said they gave the couple a warning to clean the apartment, but when they returned, it still appeared to not be safe for the children.

Police said the children are 1-year-old and less than 1-month-old. They are currently staying with family.

Flaker and DeWitt were each given a $1,000 bond. News Center 7 made several attempts to speak with Springfield police about the case, but the declined.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Children Removed After Filthy Conditions Found/ Parents Angela DeWitt and Nicholas Flaker charged with two counts of child endangering Empty Re: Children Removed After Filthy Conditions Found/ Parents Angela DeWitt and Nicholas Flaker charged with two counts of child endangering

Post by Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:29 am

I am thankful LE followed up to see if the Parents cleaned the place up. I do not understand People that can live like pigs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Children Removed After Filthy Conditions Found/ Parents Angela DeWitt and Nicholas Flaker charged with two counts of child endangering Empty Re: Children Removed After Filthy Conditions Found/ Parents Angela DeWitt and Nicholas Flaker charged with two counts of child endangering

Post by HippieChick Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:56 pm

OMG. I am so paranoid about dropping my pills when I am dumping them out every morning that I get down on the floor (and I have a lot of trouble getting up and down) with a flashlight and look until I find it. And I have no children living here, but grandkids visit often!!

I have never understood how people live like that, either. I saw many homes when I was doing homecare and opening/ evaluating patients for services. Much dog doo, no plumbing, coffee cans for toilets, dishes piled high, roaches, rats, snakes, no electricity....pretty much you name it and I have seen it at one point or another. And these were older people, not young junkies and pill/ crack/ ice meth heads. I can only imagine what those places look like.
No furniture to speak of except mattress on the floor and dirty laundry piled high, is what I have seen and read about. NO ENVIRONMENT for a child of any age.
They should additionally be charged with child endangerment!!!!! And, sorry to say but take the kids away and keep them away- in a decent foster family and pray they have a social worker who will do the right thing and save these kids from adults with no common sense about safety for a child and obviously care more about their drug/ drinking habit than raising a child.

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Amen to that!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down