Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri

+19
Lilone
lorrie89
charminglane
Turtle
raine1953
concerned4all
Love4My5boys
mommyof3kids
misshesitation
adelacruz
NiteSpinR
CritterFan1
jeanne1807
artgal16
TerryRose
Nama
cherylz
Wrapitup
lisette
23 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 Empty Re: Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:36 am

Between the time he was arrested and when he was sentenced - was he out on bail?

artgal16

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 Empty Re: Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:41 am

http://northwesttales.com/

another story by R. Neil Horman, Kyrons grandfather
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:44 am

by artgal16 Today at 10:36 am Between the time he was arrested and when he was sentenced - was he out on bail?
Found this on another blog.....
Actually he was found guilty on 4/21/2010.. he stipulated to a bench trial.. instead of a jury trial.. judge found him guilty after a 30 minute trial.. was probably still out on bail until his sentencing on the 16th. But.. he was found guilty in April and knew that he would be going to jail on the day of sentencing
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:46 am

So he was out when Kyron went missing?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 Empty students and their parents answer a questionnaire about their memories of Kyron Horman's last day at Skyline School

Post by Nama Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:30 am

Skyline students, parents asked about Kyron again
School questionnaire also seeks information on a white Ford pickup

The questionnaire was prepared by the Multnomah County Sheriffs Office. A copy was obtained by KPAM 860. It asks students about seeing Kyron at the school on Friday, June 4, and whether they saw him in a white Ford F250 pickup truck. Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, owns a similar truck and took him to the school that morning. Media outlets reported that a white Ford pickup was towed from the Horman home several days ago, but sheriff's office officials said it was because of mechanical trouble.

Kyron has been missing for the past two weeks. Investigators say he was last seen at the school around 9 a.m., but they have not identified the person who saw him at that time.

Nearly all Skyline School students and their parents have already been interviewed by investigators looking into the disappearance. The questionnaire was recently distributed to them from the school. It is on plain paper and begins with the instructions: "If your child was at Skyline School between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. on June 4, 2010 - please fill out the questions below."

The questions ask whether, when and where the children and parents saw Kyron at the school. Another question asks, "Did your child see a white Ford F250 truck at or near the school on 6/4/10?"

Parents are instructed to return the questionnaire to the school.

Hundreds of search and rescue teams from across the state and the Northwest searched for 11 days around the school in rural Northwest Multnomah County for any trace of Kyron. The FBI child abduction unit joined the search in the first couple of days.

In addition to the search of the wooded areas, divers have looked in several places, including in the shallow water around Sauvie Island.

http://www.beavertonvalleytimes.com/news/story.php?story_id=127687387448812800
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:51 am

It seems to me that the only person that said he saw Kyron after his mother dropped him at school was another child. I dont know if a child is reliable - they get things mixed up and also can say what they think the questioner wants to hear. However, his back-pack
was found in his home room so if we assume that he was in school that day its really difficult to believe that he was taken out again by his stepmother, but its a possiblity.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:16 pm

Eyes for Lies.. she is never wrong...

Kyron Horman's Father Speaks Out

KGW Video of the Horman Family at a Press Conference
Kyron Horman disappeared from school June 4, 2010 after his
mother dropped him off and helped him with his science project

Kyron Horman's father finally spoke out today. If you are not familiar with the story, I posted about it here earlier and explain the details of this case.

In the beginning of the video, when I watch Kyron's stepmother and father, I immediately noted a resignation about them. Perhaps it is the way they bow their heads and do not look at the camera. Or perhaps it is their slumped over shoulders. Why have they given up so soon on finding their son? This concerns me. Parents of missing children hope for months and years that just maybe they will find their missing child...and often never give up. I've never seen parents of missing children give up in the first week. Why are Terri and Kaine?

Read moreI can't help but wonder if there is some shame and that is why they bow there heads...

While Tony is down and concerned, he still shows us hope, though I can't articulate why I feel this. Desiree Young, Kyron's biological mother, also shows hope. There is a distinct difference in behavior between the two couples. Do you see it? I wish I could articulate it better.

As the interview progresses, look at the way that Terri buries her head into Desiree shoulder in the middle of Tony Young (the stepfather's) speech. It's as if she's almost wanting to hide or recluse when Tony speaks. You know when little kids get embarrassed, they do this behavior. Why does Terri want to hide? It's very notable.

When I look at Terri to discern her personality, I question if she is super shy, but I don't get a feeling she is. We know for a fact that she helps out at Kyron's school, which confirms she is not the reclusive type. Furthermore, when she walked out of the gym this week and avoided the media, her body language did not support she was a shy, reclusive run-away type of a woman. So what is causing her to want to recluse here? It's intense. Terri appears very needy, too, as she keeps gravitating to everyone around her.

At one point, it even looks like Terri she can't cope anymore. Her body language conveys the message of "I can't take it anymore" (around 1:22). She lifts her hand towards her chest. Watch her react when Tony says, "...the community as a whole has shown how much impact one little boy's smile can have on a community."

Also at the very beginning of the tape when Tony starts speaking, Terri turns her head away from Tony sharply--as if to get away from what he is saying.

Watch how Terri looks up at Desiree while she has her arms around Desiree-- right before Kaine speaks. Its very odd. It's like she is hanging on Desiree for support and approval. Its like she is trying to comfort herself here instead of Desiree. Isn't that odd? Notice how Desiree doesn't reciprocate the embrace?

When Kaine starts speaking, watch Terri rub her arm --a gesture to comfort herself. She does this a couple of times. Terri also takes deep breaths and is doing all she can just to stand there. Her arms are pressed tight on her body in a very closed off manner.

Both Terri and Kaine are exceptionally nervous. Watch Kaine's hands tremble as he holds the paper from which he reads. Why on earth would they be nervous? I could understand talking to the media will make anyone nervous, but the nervousness that both Terri and Kaine are feeling far exceeds what everyone else in this press conference are displaying. That is notable. Kaine may be picking up on Terri's nerves. That is possible.

Kaine says, "Your memories and statements can help us find Kyron."

Memories?

That's an odd word choice. It's not common that memories and statements find missing children. Why would Kaine be thinking about "memories"? You would think that word would be the most removed from his thoughts right now -- consciously and subconsciously. I would expect him to use "remember" instead.

Yes, it is important for people to remember relevant information so why isn't he asking people to think back and recollect anything they can--that any and all details may have relevance, no matter how small they are. Why isn't he asking students, parents and teachers to try to recollect if there was any strangers outside the building, any strange cars--anything that might help solve this mystery! Neither parent suggest that people do a thing to help bring Kyron home. More sad to me is that neither of his parents, or biological parents spoke directly to Kyron, in case he was kidnapped and out there. Only his step-father did.

Kaine continues, "We will never be able to thank you enough for that help." Who would think about thanking people before your son is found? It's out of place. It doesn't make sense. It's the cart before the horse, frankly. Would you feel like thanking people when your child is still missing?? What is more important -- keeping the search going or thanking people?

At this point, all signs are pointing that fact that Terri likely knows something, maybe even Kaine, that they are not sharing... They have definitely raised my eyebrows... I wish I could ask them direct questions. That would give me an immediate answer. I am highly suspicious of Terri right now, that is for sure.

If more interviews surface, let me know.

------------
After I walked away from publishing this, I realized what is missing the most. It's anger. These parents (Terri and Kaine) should be outraged that their child was safe at school and the school did not protect him! I would expect the parents to be very outspoken about this, because if Kyron was abducted or was able to walk out of school without anyone seeing him -- that's a big concern for ALL parents and children alike. I would be so furious, you couldn't get me to contain it. I would be all over the news asking for answers from the school board. I wouldn't be thanking a damn soul!!

-----
Saturday, June 12 CLARIFICATION:

I need to clarify is that Terri's behaviors in this video are NOT CONSISTENT with what we currently know in the news right now, if this is the story she is representing. If we get more information at another point, it may justify her behavior. That is all I can say at this point. To me, at this time, her behaviors are notable red flags. I cannot say that she is lying per say, but her body language is flagging me.
http://eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2010/06/kyron-hormans-father-speaks-out.html
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:31 pm

I don't put much stock in interpretations of body language. To me it is totally subjective, not scientific at all, and it can be used erroneously. Everyone has their physical quirks, some quirks people miscontrue frequently. I resent it when people try to accuse someone of criminal behavior simply on their body language. JMO.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 Empty Police issue questionnaire asking about Kyron Horman's stepmother, vehicle

Post by Nama Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:16 pm

THESE FORMS ARE DIRECTED TO ANYONE (teachers, other school employees, delivery persons, parents, etc.) WHO WAS AT SKYLINE SCHOOL (either the buildings or grounds) AT ANY TIME BETWEEN 8 AM AND 4 PM ON JUNE 4, 2010.
PARENTS OF CHILDREN WHO WERE PRESENT ON THE CAMPUS BETWEEN THESE HOURS, BUT WERE NOT THEMSELVES PRESENT, SHOULD FILL OUT THE PAGE FOR STUDENTS.
ANYONE ELSE WHO WAS PRESENT SHOULD START AT THE BEGINNING.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE COMPLETION OF THIS FORM SEND AN E-MAIL TO skyline.flyer@mcso.us
EVERYONE WHO WAS AT SKYLINE SCHOOL ON JUNE 4, 2010, DURING THE TIMES NOTED ABOVE IS BEING ASKED TO FILL OUT A FORM AND RETURN IT.
PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM AND RETURN IT EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN INTERVIEWED BY LAW ENFORCEMENT
We are requesting that the form be returned on Sunday, June 20 between 9:00 am to 7:00 pm at Skyline School. There will be a uniform police officer in the school parking lot to receive it. It is not necessary to drop it off personally. If you are unable to deliver the form or have it delivered for you, you may e-mail your responses to skyline.flyer@mcso.us. .
YOUR COOPERATION IS ESSENTIAL AND IS APPRECIATED.
WHITE FORD F250
PHOTO OF KYRON HORMAN 6/4/10
(Similar to the one driven by Terri Horman on 6/4/2010)
PHOTOS OF TERRI HORMAN SINCE 6/4/10
ADULT NAME:____________________________________________________________________
ADULT FORM
ADDRESS:_______________________________________________________________________
Home Phone:_________________ Cell Phone:_______________ Work Phone:_________________
E-Mail address(es) and / or additional contact info:________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________
Please answer these questions with as much specificity as possible
1. Why were you at Skyline School on 6/4/10?___________________________________________ . If more than one adult was present, each should fill out a copy of this page.
4. At any time did you see KYRON HORMAN? YES / NO (if no, please skip to #8)
5. What time(s) did you see KYRON HORMAN? _________________________________________
10.Is there any additional information about 6/4/10 that you believe is important for the police to know (examples—suspicious persons, vehicles, etc) and / or would you like further contact by a detective?______________________________________________________________________
STUDENT FORM
IF YOUR CHILD WAS AT SKYLINE SCHOOL BETWEEN 8AM AND 4PM ON JUNE 4, 2010, please fill out the questions below with your child. If more than one child was present at the school on June 4, please submit a separate page for each.
1. Child’s Name:_______________________________________________________________
2. Did your child see KYRON on 6/4/10? YES / NO (if no, please skip to # 6)
3. Where did your child see KYRON?_______________________________________________
YES / NO
8. Is there any additional information regarding your child being at Skyline School on June 4 that is important for the police to know?_______________________________________________

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/police_issue_questionnaire_ask.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 Empty Police issue questionnaire asking about Kyron Horman's stepmother, vehicle

Post by Nama Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:19 pm

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 -3de1ef6b12fe0347_large

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is distributing a flyer showing photos of Kyron Horman's stepmother and the type of pick-up truck she is believed to have driven on the day the 7-year-old disappeared from his school.

A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office declined to answer questions about the flyer or whether Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, is considered a person-of-interest in the investigation. She said Capt. Gates will respond to questions at a 2 p.m. briefing.

Authorities are asking students, teachers, parents and anyone who was at Skyline School, where Kyron attended second-grade, on June 4 between 8 am and 4 p.m. to answer the questions, which can be viewed here. The questions ask whether Terri Horman was seen at the school and at what time. They also ask whether a white Ford F250 pickup was seen at the school.

Police ask that people return the questionnaire on Sunday, between 9 am and 7 pm to Skyline School or to e-mail skyline.flyer@mcso.us.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/police_issue_questionnaire_ask.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Actually I think the strangest thing about all of this is these peoples names.

Now really what family has a Kyron, Kristian, Kaine and Moulton.

I can't keep track of the players.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:20 pm

The name Kyron is a baby boy name. The baby name Kyron orginated as an Greek name. In Greek, the name Kyron means- lord, sir, master

Its greek

Moulton is an English surname - maybe named after a maternal relatives
maiden name
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:06 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:Actually I think the strangest thing about all of this is these peoples names.

Now really what family has a Kyron, Kristian, Kaine and Moulton.

I can't keep track of the players.
I was thinking the same thing. Like Tripp, Trigg, etc.

p.s. Sorry, but I found Jeanne's post :lol!: I know this is NOTHING to laugh about.
Thank you, Artgal, for your post.

I said the stepmom from the get-go and still think so. Either her or the step brother.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by misshesitation Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Sad Sad Sad! Where are you Kyron? I can only hope your in a better place!
misshesitation
misshesitation

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:55 pm

I was reading some posts from the press conference and somebody said the step mother was posting under this handle RDSQRL on KATU website and they have composed her posts. Thought it of interest and posting it here.

RDSQRL-75p
5 comments posted · 6 followers · following 0
1 day ago @ KATU - Portland, OR - Details wane but need ... · 4 replies · -8 points

If I may clear your mind...the truck was towed due to starter and is back at the property. The cat is fine.
1 day ago @ KATU - Portland, OR - Vigil a symbol of hope... · 0 replies · -5 points

Hi Mama-law. Just so you can have the facts straight since I know personally... The family started in the green room, then went to the cry room and after a prayer by Becky Owens went to the back of the church to watch and be part of the community - all together - mom, stepmom, dad, stepdad and a couple of really close friends.
5 days ago @ KATU - Portland, OR - Search for Kyron turns... · 0 replies · -12 points

Thank you Clay. You explained exactly what I was doing. :)
1 week ago @ KATU - Portland, OR - Narrowing the search f... · 2 replies · -3 points

Thank you "owt". You said if perfectly.
1 week ago @ KATU - Portland, OR - Narrowing the search f... · 1 reply · -7 points

Wow. Unless you know all the details, the stress, the worry, the pain, you have nothing to speak of. You are merely making assumptions - you have no facts, details or knowledge to present so please refrain from your accusations.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:00 pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/police_issue_questionnaire_ask/4053/comments-7.html

More from over there in the posts.

"You guys aren't going to belive this! Out of curiosity I googled RDSGRL, and check out the last book she was reading!

Enter a Murderer
by Ngaio Marsh | Mystery & Thrillers
Registered by rdsqrl on Tuesday, May 18, 2010

LINK - http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/8015937
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:56 pm

You simply googled her name and this came up? Unreal!! And great sleuthing, Jeanne!! :cheers:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:31 am

TerryRose wrote:I don't put much stock in interpretations of body language. To me it is totally subjective, not scientific at all, and it can be used erroneously. Everyone has their physical quirks, some quirks people miscontrue frequently. I resent it when people try to accuse someone of criminal behavior simply on their body language. JMO.

i've been following eyes for over a year now and she's always on the dot. it's not only just body language, it's microexpressions that people do without noticing. after years of doing this type of work she's only been wrong once. she has been able to catch many people lie before the truth was told. sometimes years before the truth came out. i too didn't believe it, but i've come to respect her work
i really do believe the mother in law knows something at the least....
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 Empty Terri Horman to take another poly

Post by Nama Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:34 am

Kyron Horman's stepmother -- who became the most prominent figure in the investigation into the boy's disappearance Friday -- is scheduled to take a second polygraph test Saturday, according to a friend.

Investigators put photos of Terri Moulton Horman, 40, and the type of pickup she was driving the day Kyron vanished, on fliers seeking information on the missing child.

Jaymie Finster, a longtime friend, said Horman is "tired and frustrated with the intensity of the questioning she's been getting."

After taking one polygraph test, Finster said, Horman is taking another one Saturday and "she's not very happy about it." Finster has known Horman since they went to junior high in Roseburg and worked together in the Hillsboro School District, where Finster is a special ed teacher. She said Horman and her husband, Kaine, are exhausted as the investigation drags on.

Friday, the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office held a press conference to release the flier with Horman's face on it and to dispel online rumors that the second-grader had been found.

Capt. Jason Gates would not say whether Terri Moulton Horman is a suspect in the second-grader's June 4 disappearance from Skyline School.

"Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared," Gates said. "We are releasing this information at this time in hope that it helps jog people's memory of that day."

Horman told Finster, "I just don't know what's going on. This is what I did that day."

Finster said Horman had told Kyron's teacher the day before that she was taking the boy to the doctor on Friday, June 11, and gave the teacher paperwork to fill out related to the appointment.

Finster said that when Kyron didn't show up at the bus the afternoon of June 4, Horman talked to the teacher who said she thought that Horman had taken Kyron to the doctor that day. Horman told Finster that the child's teacher was new, in her first year of teaching, and was hard of hearing in one ear. "She doesn't know if she understood her," Finster said.

Investigators say Horman told them she last saw Kyron at 8:45 a.m. June 4 as he walked to his classroom after the two had toured the school's science fair. Previously, officials had said that Kyron had been seen around 9 a.m. by an unnamed witness, but Gates declined to clarify the discrepancy Friday.

Gates said Terri Horman and the rest of Kyron's family have cooperated with the investigation. In a statement he read at the press conference, Kyron's family expressed its support for the release of the flier.

"We want Kyron home, and we hope this will help do that," the family said.

Gates repeatedly said he could not comment on suspects or persons of interest in the case. In response to a question about the possible danger to the community, he said: "I can't say for certainty that it wasn't stranger-to-stranger, I can't. But I also can tell you that the need for the public to be alarmed is very low."

Finster said Horman was very down. "She's exhausted. She said I don't understand why they keep asking me stuff. They want me to take the polygraph again. It doesn't make sense because I didn't do anything."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:19 am

If it were me they suspected & I were innocent, I would not care how many poly's or whatever it is they want me to do. I would gladly do whatever it took and not say I am tired, bla bla bla.

Think about it. If this were your child or grandchild..would you adhere to the police and not complain that you're tired? I realize this is her step-son but still...the bitching and moaning tells me right there she is very suspect.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 Empty Google

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:01 am

Wrapitup wrote:You simply googled her name and this came up? Unreal!! And great sleuthing, Jeanne!! :cheers:

Sorry if I gave that impression. I put quote marks to show it was somebody elses words that I got from the Oregon paper under the comments section.

Somebody on those comments board did a google and got that information.

I am not gooooood. Wish I was.

I wonder if the second poly means they have more questions to ask or if she failed the first one?

I read in that same comments section of the article that she had failed the first poly. Of course the person commenting had no authority to make that remark. Just interesting that they posted it and now she is taking a second one.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:21 am

This case is really puzzling. Many seem suspicious now of the step-mother - or have been from the first - and I have to state I was one of them as well. However, this would have to be one of the most convulated ways to get rid of someone that I have ever read about. Why would the SM
take him to school, leave his bag, and then risk taking him out again? How could she be sure no one else would have seen them leaving? It doesnt make sense. There were a lot of people in school that day, its such a risky thing to do. Because there is no other scenario if its the stepmother - as Kyrons bag was found at his desk. The only other way it makes sense is if Kyron wasnt in school at all and the SM came alone to school, left his bag and then left again. That makes sense to me. If someone saw her leave his bag without Kryon she could have said he was looking at science projects. There is doubt now that the child who said he saw Kyron that day was accurate.
Its not that he was lying, its just that kids dont make good witnesses as far as events that have occurred even a few hours after an event.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:25 pm

Artgirl on other forums they are looking closely at that picture and wondering if it was indeed taken at school and that morning.

I guess with no new information speculation runs rampent. That is why the stepmother is in the "limelight". And of course there is always the "wicked stepmother" idea people have from fairytales.

Some stepmothers step in when there is an absentee mom or mother who just can't parent at that time or at all. They get a bad wrap and that is too bad.

I think because Terri is "step" and I guess the last to see Kyron she gets the "looks" until they find somebody else to chase.

I still can't get over the crazy names in that family.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:43 pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

This story on the whole blended family is in the paper today. I was going to bring it over but it is really long.

If you have any problems I can bring the whole writing over.

Quite interesting and shows Terri in a whole different light.

Now I am wondering about how she was feeling after the baby girl was born in 2008 and what happened that James doesn't visit them anymore.

More questions of course.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:53 pm

http://registry.adoption.com/records/34580.html

Adoption record for Terri.

Evidently the article and her birthplace are in dispute per this comment.

"in this post it says she was born in oregon but according to adoption.com she was born in california
http://registry.adoption.com/records/34580.html"
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:01 pm

Thought I might as well bring the story over because it just might "disappear". Some insite into the family dynamics. Missing is the info on the Child Molester uncle and why James lives with his father. Interesting read.

Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group
Published: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 10:00 AM Updated: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 10:47 AM
Lynne Terry, The Oregonian

Kyron Horman's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman (right), hugs his mother, Desiree Young, during a news conference June 11. The women were friends before Kyron was born, and they shared parenting of the boy, who went missing June 4.
The dark-haired and redheaded women standing side by side at a news conference in the Kyron Horman investigation share a longtime bond with the 7-year-old boy gone missing. With a nation looking on, they shared their grief under the glare of television.

The mother, Desiree Young, 38, and stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, 40, have been friends for years, long before the beaming and bespectacled 7-year-old went missing from Skyline School in northwest Multnomah County. Since his June 4 disappearance, his blended family has hunkered down out of public view, emerging only as a group. Neither mother has spoken publicly, and the dads have read only prepared statements.

But details of their relationship have emerged in multiple interviews by The Oregonian with friends and family.

Terri was the last known person to see Kyron after she took him to school that day, and she was the first to report him missing when she discovered he wasn't on the school bus that afternoon. That day followed years of caring for him. When Kyron was a toddler, Desiree went to Canada to seek treatment for a serious medical condition. Her close friend Terri became Kyron's caretaker.

The story dates to 2000, when Desiree married Kaine Horman. The couple's relationship quickly soured, however, and they planned to separate, but then Desiree got pregnant. So, they gave it another shot. But in August 2002, when Desiree was eight months pregnant, she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel. With a demanding job at the company's Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, where he works in the architecture group, Kaine needed child care. So, Desiree's friend Terri moved in to help.

"Someone had to watch the baby," said Amanda Howard, the former wife of Kaine's brother Kristian. "Terri was her friend. She moved in just to help with the baby."

Terri brought her son, James, now 16, from her first marriage.

Two months after leaving for Canada, Desiree returned to the United States with $30,000 in medical bills. To get back on her feet, she moved in with her family in Medford, who helped support her.

Desiree never tried to regain custody of Kyron, though she has maintained a close relationship with her son, caring for him every weekend or so with her new husband, Medford police Detective Tony Young.

After Desiree returned to Oregon, Terri and Kaine stayed under the same roof while he worked at Intel and she cared for the kids. What started as a caregiving relationship blossomed.

In April 2007, they got married. Looking buff in their bathing suits, they said their vows in a small ceremony on a shimmering beach in Kauai, the Garden Isle of Hawaii.

Terri's wide smile and glimmering eyes shine with happiness in a photo posted on her Facebook page.

On Mother's Day that year, Kaine gave his new bride a 2007 candy apple red Ford Mustang GT.

"Something shiny for the driveway," she wrote under the picture on her Facebook page. "Yes, Kaine is all that and a bag of chips!"

She adorned it with her vanity license plate RDSQRL, which is short for Red Squirrel, a nickname that reflects her long, thick mane of red hair.

More than a year after they were married, on Dec. 8, 2008, Kaine and Terri had a baby girl, Kiara.

Her name reflects a family tradition of Kaine's biological father, Kurtis Mengel, who has a twin sister, Kari Mengel Hoagland. Mengel and his wife, Kristi, named their sons Kaine and Kristian, now 32.

According to friends and family, the Hormans are a tight-knit, loving family that enjoys doing things together.

They play board games, go bowling with friends and take trips. In 2009, they visited Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla. Late last year they went to the Roloff Farm in Helvetia where the reality TV show "Little People, Big World" is filmed. And recently, they peered at the animals at the Oregon Zoo.

Terri volunteered at Skyline School, where Kyron was in second grade, and she took him to swimming lessons with James and with Kiara.

"They're very nice people," said Adam Farber, who runs a swimming school and taught Kyron to swim and worked on strokes with James. Farber had no idea until he went missing that Kyron was Terri's stepchild. "They all fit in really well."

Marriage, parenthood

Terri was born March 14, 1970, in Roseburg, the daughter of two teachers, Carol and Larry Moulton. She graduated from Roseburg High School in 1988 and went to Umpqua Community College, where she met her first husband, Ron Tarver. They married in 1991 in Roseburg.

Their son, James Logan, was born Jan. 26, 1994.

The couple divorced in 1995 but tangled in court in 1999 over Tarver's failure to pay child support.

Court documents indicate that he did not pay child support between 1996 and 1998.

By that time, though, she had moved on. In 1996, she married Richard Ecker in Springfield. He adopted James two years later. Ecker, who now lives in the Portland area, continues to pay more than $500 in monthly child support for James, though he's not seen him in six or seven years.

"He's still my legal son," Ecker said.

During their marriage, Terri earned a bachelor's degree from Northwest Christian University in Eugene in 2000, according to her Facebook page.

The couple relocated to Beaverton in 2001 and separated that year, and their divorce became final in 2002.

Terri looked for work.

Between March 2001 and June 2002, she was a substitute teacher in the Hillsboro School District. According to spokesman Beth Graser, Terri held long-term jobs at Eastwood, Mooberry and Lenox elementaries.

After moving in with Kaine, Terri went onto the on-call substitute teachers list between 2003 and 2006. Graser said Terri held no more long-term jobs with the district.

"She stopped teaching and subbing so she could be with Kyron during his preschool and toddler years," said Jaymie Finster, a friend from junior high school who worked with Terri in the school district.

But Terri did hit the books. In about 2004, she earned a master's in education from Pacific University in Forest Grove.

On her Facebook page, she says her dream job would be superintendent of a school district.

She also loves playing video games such as "World of Warcraft" and is an exercise buff, regularly going to the gym. In 2005 she placed fourth in the over-35 category for women in the Emerald Cup of bodybuilding.

That same year, she was snagged on Interstate 5 in Marion County for drunken driving. James, who was 11, was in the car. With a blood-alcohol level of 0.15 percent, she was charged with DUII and reckless child endangerment. Terri pleaded guilty and took a diversion course.

She has had no other violations.

Family and friends say she is a focused mom.

"She's a pretty attentive mom," said Tarver, her first husband.

Her second spouse, Richard Ecker, has kind words to say about her as well: "She was always a gifted teacher. She did as much for the school and the kids as she could."

He couldn't imagine his ex-wife doing anything to harm a child.

"She would never hurt a child," he said. "She's not wired that way."

Focus on the kids

Terri was thrilled when Kiara was born in December 2008. Tarver said she had always wanted a girl. Terri's enthusiasm spilled onto her Facebook page, which has dozens of photos of the cherub-faced carrot-topped girl with blue eyes. She also flooded Tarver and other acquaintances with photos and e-mail updates of the baby's progress.

He thought that was unusual because he wasn't close to her family.

Mainly, their relationship has consisted of exchanging kids. Once a month, they would converge at Shari's Restaurant in Springfield and do a swap, with James staying with Tarver and his new wife, and Kyron going with Desiree and her husband.

They no longer do that swap with Tarver. Since March, James has lived in Roseburg, first with his grandparents and now with Tarver.

It's not clear why he was sent away.

But the parents' relationships have been cordial, said Terri's mom, Carol Moulton.

She's been in Portland, trying to comfort Terri and Kaine. "It's a tough deal," said Larry Moulton, Terri's father, who's still in Roseburg. "There's a lot of grilling. There's a lot of pressure."

Kaine's adoptive dad, R. Neil Horman, says Kyron's disappearance has been a strain on the parents.

"The loss of a child like this is devastating," he said.

-- Lynne Terry

(Kimberly A.C. Wilson, Shane Dixon Kavanaugh and Lynne Palombo contributed to this report.)
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:02 pm

By the way, I am assisting BJ this afternoon. angel

I hope that is ok with BJ?????
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Hey, Jeanne, I need all the help I can get! :thanks:
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Terry the bodybuilder picture. Interesting. 2005

http://www.twixpix.com/emeraldcup/05/twx_EC05Intro_14.html
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Another one....

http://tour.ftvideo.com/view.php?i=content/genex/contests/2005/emerald/181189_jpg.jpg&t=7&l=38&s=6
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:39 pm

It never fails to amaze me when something like this happens how we all become voyeurs unintentionally in other peoples private lives.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:50 pm

Artgirl respectfully this is not "peoples private lives". They are the parents of a missing child. The SM being the last to see him.

Everything becomes public now as the search for this little boy moves forward. All bets are off.

If he is dead as many suspect then for sure "his private life" has been invaded.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:01 pm

My comment was based upon the picture of the stepmom
who is a body builder - it just rather gave me a jolt
for some reason and I thought about the lives that we get a glimpse of when a story like this is brought to our attention.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 Empty Terri Moulton Horman

Post by Nama Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:45 pm

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 181189_jpg
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:49 pm

June 19, 2010 - According to news reports, police are focusing on Kyron Horman’s step-mother, who is scheduled for a second polygraph test and who has recently been featured on a new flyer distributed to all parents and students attending Kyron’s elementary school; they are also focusing on Kyron's uncle who was arrested Wednesday on unrelated child molestation charges in Everett, Wash.
Kyron is the 7-year-old boy who went missing from his Portland elementary school June 4.

Uncle Kristian Scott Horman
Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 Kyron_Horman_uncle_Kristian_Scott_H
In an unrelated case, Multnomah County Sheriff’s Department Lieutenant Jason Gates, confirmed online reports that Kyron’s uncle was recently convicted in the Seattle area for child molestation.

Kyron’s uncle, Kristian Scott Horman, began serving a six-month sentence after he was convicted Wednesday of third-degree child molestation in a 2008 case involving a female relative, officials told the newspaper.

The Everett Herald reported Friday that Kristian is serving time in the Snohomish County jail.

According to Willamette Weekly, authorities in Snohomish County, Wash., confirmed the victim in that case was a female relative.

Lt. Gates said investigators are working with authorities in Seattle to determine where Kristian was on June 4, the day Kyron vanished from Skyline Elementary School in Portland, Oregon. Lt. Gates said detectives are “following up on that.”

The South County Spotlight reported that Kyron’s uncle, Kristian Horman of Everett, Wash., is the brother of Kaine Horman, Kyron’s father.

They further reported that Kristian was originally arrested in February 2009 for third-degree child molestation in the October 2008 case of his 15-year-old stepdaughter. He was released on parole and not in custody until being convicted and booked into jail June 16. He was sentenced to 180 days in jail. Third-degree child molestation is a Class C felony.

Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office spokesman, Rebecca Hover, said she’s “not aware of any law-enforcement agency that’s called our agency about Kyron or Kristian Horman.”

She has, however, been swamped with calls from national media and said she has checked with her county’s major crimes and special investigations unit, and they had not been familiar with any connection to the Kyron Horman case.

According to Kristian’s booking documents he had no prior record of criminal charges other than failing to renew his vehicle registration. The molestation incident occurred when “they were all in the same house, in the same bed,” said Hal Hupp, the prosecutor in the case. “He almost immediately admitted he’d done what he’d done.”

Hover said Kristian has refused to talk to media and is referring all calls to his Seattle attorney, Donna Johnston.

Reporters and the public are looking for any connection between Kyron’s disappearance and the arrest of his uncle in the child molestation case, even though they appear unrelated.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Seattle-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d19-Seattle-Kyron-Hormans-uncle-arrested-in-child-molestation-2nd-polygraph-for-stepmom-Video
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:06 pm

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs305.snc3/28842_1445786505705_1264414625_1266263_1917291_n.jpg

This is Kyrons little stepsister 18 months old. Sweet little baby girl.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:45 pm

Kyron Horman case update: Investigators scour questionnaires in search of leads (video)

As the search for missing Kyron Horman continues, investigators are scouring questionnaires that were collected Sunday evening. Investigators hope the questionnaires will provide new leads in the case. Kyron Horman has been missing since June 4, 2010. Though no suspect or person of interest has been named, authorities have questioned Terri Horman, Kyron’s stepmother and last person to see Kyron. It is believed that their questions are purely routine.

The questionnaire included photos of Kyron, Terri Horman, and the Horman family pickup truck. Investigators said they hope the photos would jog citizen’s memory. Investigators have said that the questionnaire has already resulted in new leads.

Terri Horman has now taken two polygraph tests. The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office says that the Horman family is cooperative. The polygraph test is not used only to find when someone is lying, but can also rule a person out as a suspect. It is possible that the test is being used to clear Terri Horman and not just used to determine if she is guilty of foul play.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Kyron Horman, you are asked to contact the tip line at 1-503-261-2847.

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=7579
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:46 pm

Stepmother takes 2nd polygraph

http://www.google.com/#q=kyron+horman&hl=en&sa=G&prmd=nv&source=univ&tbs=nws:1&tbo=u&ei=re4eTJziM4P-8AaVyeXJDA&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQsQQwAA&fp=784161fe73a846a4
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:51 am

Was there something about Kyron having a learning disability in any of the reports? Seems like I remember something about that. It sounds like the step-mom had given the teacher some paper work to fill out for a doctor's appt. and I thought of the ADHD forms that I did on students that were requested by parents having their child evaluated by a physician for this disorder or other disabilities that interfered with learning. It is sad to think that raising Kyron had gotten to be too much for SM to handle. I hope and pray that this wild speculation on my part has no basis in fact!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:33 am

I was thinking this morning of little Haleigh Cummings and how she too has not been found.

I wonder if that is what will happen with Kyron? I hope not.

For some reason I always expect these missing children to show up fine and well. They don't usually do that..do they.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 Empty Kyron's mom reaches out with emotional letter

Post by Nama Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:17 am

Thread #1 - Kyron Horman: Missing for 9 Months/ Desiree believes Kyron is dead/ Supporters put pressure on Terri - Page 3 Kyron-desiree

Kyron Horman's biological mother, Desiree Young, wrote an emotional letter to her son during his disappearance, hoping that he will return someday soon to read it.
Young agreed to share the letter with NBC, along with additional photos of Kyron with his family, as part of the ongoing coverage of the case:

Dear Kyron,
I am so soooooo sorry that this has happened. I am sorry that I was not there to protect you. I will never be able to forgive myself for being so many hours away when you needed me the most. I pray that you come back to me because I am afraid that I can’t live without you. I miss you every second of every day. I would give my life for yours, I just want you back safe. You must come back to us. We have so many things that we have planned this summer that you are going to love. Quinn loves you so much and wants you home too. All of the family is here and wants you to know just how much they miss you. Mayson is terribly sad without his best friend to play with and wants you home soon.
When you come home I will show you all of things that everyone did for you, just to find you. There are literally hundreds of thousands of people that don’t know you and yet they pray for you every night. They know how much I miss you and need you and they just want to bring you home to me. There are so many wonderful people working on this case and they are going to find you soon.
I would give anything to run my fingers through your short hair again. I miss having you to hug anytime I want. Night time is always hard for me. I miss you so much and want you back here so that I can protect you from all of the horrible things in this world. I just can’t believe that you aren’t still with us. Your life has been really great and I know that it is done yet. A long time ago you saved my life and now I am going to do the same for you. Our lives will never be the same after this. I love you very much!
Momma (Desiree Young)

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyrons-mom-reaches-out-with-emotional-letter-96794804.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:11 am

That was a lovely letter. It makes me wonder why she wasn't "running her fingers through his short hair" everyday. He was not living with her. I have to wonder why.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:24 am

I believe she is ill or was ill with a very serious disease.
I just read this somewhere but I cant remember where! Apparently the stepmom was her good friend,
after her divorce from Kyrons father she went up to Canada for a treatment and the stopmom moved in to take care of Kyron - eventually marrying his father.
The mother never pressed again for custody.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:46 am

I am sorry to hear about her illness. I am sorry, and I know this is being judgmental which isn't PC in this case, but I have to wonder WHY she never pressed again for custody. And, I have to say that I find it odd (for lack of a better word) that her "good friend" ends up marrying her ex husband. How strange!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:46 am

I wonder if now the school will put in cameras.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:50 am

I believe the Mother is now married to a policeman.
msnbc is doing a report on TV now, saying that LE cannot comment on a second poly be taken by the stepmother to confirm or not confirm, if this is true.
She is also not considered a person of interest or a suspect at this time.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:53 am

Wrap, here is the article that tells all about the blended families...It is very interesting, I think. I don't think anybody else had posted it...If so, I apologize for the repetition.

Kyron Horman's blended family: Friends describe a close, supportive group
Published: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 5:36 PM Updated: Saturday, June 19, 2010, 6:46 PM
Lynne Terry, The Oregonian

The dark-haired and redheaded women standing side by side at a news conference in the Kyron Horman investigation share a longtime bond with the 7-year-old boy gone missing. With a nation looking on, they shared their grief under the glare of television.

The mother, Desiree Young, 38, and stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, 40, were friends long before the beaming and bespectacled 7-year-old went missing from Skyline School in northwest Multnomah County. Since his June 4 disappearance, his blended family has hunkered down out of public view, emerging only as a group. Neither mother has spoken publicly, and the dads have read only prepared statements.

But details of their relationship have emerged in multiple interviews by The Oregonian with friends and family.

Terri was the last known person to see Kyron after she took him to school that day, and she was the first to report him missing when she discovered he wasn't on the school bus that afternoon. That day followed years of caring for him. When Kyron was a toddler, Desiree went to Canada to seek treatment for a serious medical condition. Her friend Terri became Kyron's caretaker.

The story dates to 2000, when Desiree married Kaine Horman. The couple's relationship quickly soured, however, and they planned to separate, but then Desiree got pregnant. So, they gave it another shot. But in August 2002, when Desiree was eight months pregnant, she filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences.

Kyron was born Sept. 9, 2002, and Kaine and Desiree were officially divorced in 2003. Kaine and Desiree shared custody, but Kyron mostly lived with Desiree until 2004, when she went to Canada after suffering kidney failure.

Kyron moved in full time with his dad, now 36, an engineer at Intel. With a demanding job at the company's Jones Farm campus in Hillsboro, where he works in the architecture group, Kaine needed child care. So, Desiree's friend Terri moved in to help.

"Someone had to watch the baby," said Amanda Howards, the former wife of Kaine's brother Kristian. "Terri was her friend. She moved in just to help with the baby."

Terri brought her son, James, now 16, from her first marriage.

Two months after leaving for Canada, Desiree returned to the United States with $30,000 in medical bills. To get back on her feet, she moved in with her family in Medford, who helped support her.

Desiree never tried to regain custody of Kyron, though she has maintained a close relationship with her son, caring for him every weekend or so with her new husband, Medford police Detective Tony Young.

After Desiree returned to Oregon, Terri and Kaine stayed under the same roof while he worked at Intel and she cared for the kids. What started as a caregiving relationship blossomed.

In April 2007, they got married. Looking buff in their bathing suits, they said their vows in a small ceremony on a shimmering beach in Kauai, the Garden Isle of Hawaii.

Terri's wide smile and glimmering eyes shine with happiness in a photo posted on her Facebook page.

On Mother's Day that year, Kaine gave his new bride a 2007 candy apple red Ford Mustang GT.

"Something shiny for the driveway," she wrote under the picture on her Facebook page. "Yes, Kaine is all that and a bag of chips!"

She adorned it with her vanity license plate RDSQRL, which is short for Red Squirrel, a nickname that reflects her long, thick mane of red hair.

More than a year after they were married, on Dec. 8, 2008, Kaine and Terri had a baby girl, Kiara.

Her name reflects a family tradition of Kaine's biological father, Kurtis Mengel, who has a twin sister, Kari Mengel Hoagland. Mengel and his wife, Kristi, named their sons Kaine and Kristian, now 32.

According to friends and family, the Hormans are a tight-knit, loving family that enjoys doing things together.

They play board games, go bowling with friends and take trips. In 2009, they visited Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla. Late last year they went to the Roloff Farm in Helvetia where the reality TV show "Little People, Big World" is filmed. And recently, they peered at the animals at the Oregon Zoo.

Terri volunteered at Skyline School, where Kyron was in second grade, and she took him to swimming lessons with James and with Kiara.

"They're very nice people," said Adam Farber, who runs a swimming school and taught Kyron to swim and worked on strokes with James. Farber had no idea until he went missing that Kyron was Terri's stepchild. "They all fit in really well."

Marriage, parenthood

Terri was born March 14, 1970 and grew up in Roseburg, the daughter of two teachers, Carol and Larry Moulton. She graduated from Roseburg High School in 1988 and went to Umpqua Community College, where she met her first husband, Ron Tarver. They married in 1991 in Roseburg.

Their son, James Logan, was born Jan. 26, 1994.

The couple divorced in 1995 but tangled in court in 1999 over Tarver's failure to pay child support.

Court documents indicate that he did not pay child support between 1996 and 1998.

By that time, though, she had moved on. In 1996, she married Richard Ecker in Springfield. He adopted James two years later. Ecker, who now lives in the Portland area, continues to pay more than $500 in monthly child support for James, though he's not seen him in six or seven years.

"He's still my legal son," Ecker said.

During their marriage, Terri earned a bachelor's degree from Northwest Christian University in Eugene in 2000, according to her Facebook page.

The couple relocated to Beaverton in 2001 and separated that year, and their divorce became final in 2002.

Terri looked for work.

Between March 2001 and June 2002, she was a substitute teacher in the Hillsboro School District. According to spokesman Beth Graser, Terri held long-term jobs at Eastwood, Mooberry and Lenox elementaries.

After moving in with Kaine, Terri went onto the on-call substitute teachers list between 2003 and 2006. Graser said Terri held no more long-term jobs with the district.

"She stopped teaching and subbing so she could be with Kyron during his preschool and toddler years," said Jaymie Finster, a friend from junior high school who worked with Terri in the school district.

But Terri did hit the books. In about 2004, she earned a master's in education from Pacific University in Forest Grove.

On her Facebook page, she says her dream job would be superintendent of a school district.

She also loves playing video games such as "World of Warcraft" and is an exercise buff, regularly going to the gym. In 2005 she placed fourth in the over-35 category for women in the Emerald Cup of bodybuilding.

That same year, she was snagged on Interstate 5 in Marion County for drunken driving. James, who was 11, was in the car. With a blood-alcohol level of 0.15 percent, she was charged with DUII and reckless child endangerment. Terri pleaded guilty and took a diversion course.

She has had no other violations.

Family and friends say she is a focused mom.

"She's a pretty attentive mom," said Tarver, her first husband.

Her second spouse, Richard Ecker, has kind words to say about her as well: "She was always a gifted teacher. She did as much for the school and the kids as she could."

He couldn't imagine his ex-wife doing anything to harm a child.

"She would never hurt a child," he said. "She's not wired that way."

Focus on the kids

Terri was thrilled when Kiara was born in December 2008. Tarver said she had always wanted a girl. Terri's enthusiasm spilled onto her Facebook page, which has dozens of photos of the cherub-faced carrot-topped girl with blue eyes. She also flooded Tarver and other acquaintances with photos and e-mail updates of the baby's progress.

He thought that was unusual because he wasn't close to her family.

Mainly, their relationship has consisted of exchanging kids. Once a month, they would converge at Shari's Restaurant in Springfield and do a swap, with James staying with Tarver and his new wife, and Kyron going with Desiree and her husband.

They no longer do that swap with Tarver. Since March, James has lived in Roseburg, first with his grandparents and now with Tarver.

It's not clear why he was sent away.

But the parents' relationships have been cordial, said Terri's mom, Carol Moulton.

She's been in Portland, trying to comfort Terri and Kaine. "It's a tough deal," said Larry Moulton, Terri's father, who's still in Roseburg. "There's a lot of grilling. There's a lot of pressure."

Kaine's adoptive dad, R. Neil Horman, says Kyron's disappearance has been a strain on the parents.

"The loss of a child like this is devastating," he said.

-- Lynne Terry

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

I just discovered that jeanne had indeed posted this article on Sat., June 19, at 3:01 pm. Sorry, jeanne...

Last edited by lisette on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:04 am

Thanks, Lisette! Who am I to judge a blended family? The only thing is...Kyron is missing and IMO, someone in the family is guilty.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Wrap this whole story is beginning to smell. I wonder if they will ever find little Kyron.

He always looked so happy so I guess that goes well for the step mommy.

Where can Kyron be?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi Everyone!

I know I have been away for sometime now :pale: I have been so DARN busy with life! Boy have I missed you all! Group Hug

I've been following this case on the news and on Here as well (just not had time to post until now).

I actually have to say that I got all teared up when I read the letter from the BIO mom! It was so heartfelt and sympathetic. Even if she didn't have full custody and for what ever the reason may be (especially due to an illness) I can't imagine the pain she has to be going through right now. I look at Kyron and I think of my Oldest who is in second grade this year and how I watch him and his brother walk into the cafeteria EVERY morning... It makes me think, that if indeed this step-mom didn't have anything to do with it (IMO, I think she seems suspect, Suspect ) I can't even IMAGINE the horror and feeling of dropping off and watching your child walk into the school and then go to pick them up at the bus stop and NOT have them walk off the bus! To me, that makes my heart sink :( crying

I truly hope I am wrong with my judgment and everyone elses judgments about the SM, but it seems like things just aren't adding up with her anymore thinking
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi Mommy glad to see you back and posting. Sometimes life does that..it catches up with you.

I think about this little buy too because he is the same age as one of my grandsons. Such a dear age. He too is seven and playing baseball and knowing grandmas never run out of ice cream.

I can't imagine our lives without him.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next