Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20 Year Old Holly Bobo Drug From Home & Into Woods By A Man Wearing Camouflage~ Zachary Adams & Jason Autry Indicted For Aggravated Kidnapping & 1st Degree Murder~ Mark & Jeffrey Pearcy Arrested In Connection. Remains confirmed to be Holly's!!

+10
Nama
mommyof3kids
Ruth Sampson
charminglane
jeanne1807
Wrapitup
Slys Hunny
lisette
raine1953
artgal16
14 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

20 Year Old Holly Bobo Drug From Home & Into Woods By A Man Wearing Camouflage~ Zachary Adams & Jason Autry Indicted For Aggravated Kidnapping & 1st Degree Murder~ Mark & Jeffrey Pearcy Arrested In Connection. Remains confirmed to be Holly's!! Empty 20 Year Old Holly Bobo Drug From Home & Into Woods By A Man Wearing Camouflage~ Zachary Adams & Jason Autry Indicted For Aggravated Kidnapping & 1st Degree Murder~ Mark & Jeffrey Pearcy Arrested In Connection. Remains confirmed to be Holly's!!

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:30 pm

PARSONS, Tenn. — Searchers in western Tennessee continued looking Thursday for a nursing student who was last seen being dragged from her house by a man wearing camouflage.

Some 300 people gathered in Parsons on Thursday morning to resume the search for Holly Bobo, 20, after volunteers searched the rural area around her home Wednesday.

Bobo's 25-year-old brother told investigators he saw a man dragging her across the carport at her family home and toward a wooded area, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said.

Bobo's brother was inside the house and the kidnapping was outside in the rural area of small, modest homes about 100 miles northeast of Memphis, the TBI said. A spokeswoman would not give more details on what the brother told them.

"It's very disturbing to our community, it's very disturbing to us as law enforcement. We are praying for the family and the young lady," WTVF-TV quoted Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt as saying. "It's our hopes and our prayers that we find her alive."

Investigators are looking into the possibility that someone may have checked out Bobo's home before the abduction and are asking neighbors to report any unusual people or cars in the area.

'Walking in a nightmare'
Since news of the case spread, neighbors and people in nearby communities have poured out to help search, bring food and support. Family members who are holding together reasonably well, Decatur County Mayor Michael Smith said.
country music singer Whitney Duncan took to Twitter to spread news of the disappearance and make a plea for help in the case, saying Bobo is her cousin.

"Lord have mercy. I feel like I'm walking in a nightmare," she said in a post to her Twitter account.
account.

Authorities used dogs and a helicopter in the search Wednesday. Also on Wednesday, volunteers had set out on horseback, four-wheelers and on foot to search for Bobo, WTVF reported.

"It's the least we can do, and if we were in the same situation, I would hope and pray that everybody would come out for us also," volunteer Mary Cruse told the station. "These are friends of ours and even if we didn't know them, we'd still do it."

Bobo is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 110 pounds. She was last seen Wednesday morning wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.

'The whole community is praying'
Smith said the close-knit community has little crime, so word of this has come as a shock. Parsons has about 2,500 residents.

Mark Humphrey  /  AP
People talk outside the Corinth Baptist Church following a Wednesday prayer service for Holly Bobo, a member of the church who may have been abducted from her family home earlier in the day. Bud Grimes, a spokesman for the University of Tennessee at Martin, said Bobo was studying to be a licensed practical nurse through the Tennessee Technology Center. She was taking classes at the university's extension campus in Parsons, but was not a UT-Martin student.

Bobo's mother is an elementary school teacher and her father works for a tree service company.

Courtney Jeffreys, 20, went to school with Bobo since preschool and said she loves animals and always had a lot of different kinds of pets growing up.

"She is just a really sweet girl," Jeffreys said.

Family friend David Ivey, whose son went to high school with Bobo, said the young woman has an "angelic voice" and loved to show it off in talent contests at school. She also would sing solos at Corinth Baptist Church where she was a member, he said.

Bobo's pastor, Don Franks, said he has known her all her life and said she is "a fine young Christian girl." He said the community response has been exceptional.

"They're searching, bringing food and holding prayer vigils," Franks said. "The whole community is praying for her safety and well-being."

source
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

20 Year Old Holly Bobo Drug From Home & Into Woods By A Man Wearing Camouflage~ Zachary Adams & Jason Autry Indicted For Aggravated Kidnapping & 1st Degree Murder~ Mark & Jeffrey Pearcy Arrested In Connection. Remains confirmed to be Holly's!! Empty Re: 20 Year Old Holly Bobo Drug From Home & Into Woods By A Man Wearing Camouflage~ Zachary Adams & Jason Autry Indicted For Aggravated Kidnapping & 1st Degree Murder~ Mark & Jeffrey Pearcy Arrested In Connection. Remains confirmed to be Holly's!!

Post by raine1953 Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Tennessee Nursing Student Dragged into Woods by Camouflaged Abductor
Holly Bobo's Brother and Mother Watched as She was Dragged into the Woods

Almost 400 volunteers are searching the dense West Tennessee woodlands looking for a 20-year-old nursing student last seen being dragged by a man dressed in camouflage into the woods near her home, investigators said.

Holly Bobo was dragged "across the carport of her home… toward a wooded area" in the town of Parsons on Wednesday, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. Both Bobo's mother and 25-year-old brother watched the woman being abducted and called 911.

Mayer would not say if family members tried to intervene or if they were suspected in the abduction.

Bobo is a cousin of Whitney Duncan, a country music singer and a finalist on the television talent show Nashville Star.

"My cousin Holly was kidnapped this morning," Duncan wrote on Facebook. "Please pray for her & our family. This is really sad & shocking."

Investigators initially believe the young woman may have been abducted from her house in a home invasion, but John Mayer, spokesman for the TBI told ABCNews.com that "the suspect was never inside."

Police won't comment on what else family members told them or what evidence may have been left behind.

"The investigation is ongoing," said Mayer.

Between 300 and 400 people are involved in today's search, Mayer said.

Investigators are using sniffing dogs and a helicopter to comb the rural area around Bobo's home, about 100 miles north of Memphis.

Calls to Bobo's family were not returned.

Bobo is 5-feet-3 and weighs 110 pounds. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt and blue jeans.

Don Franks, the family's pastor who has known Bobo her whole life, told the Associated Press she is "a fine young Christian girl."

"The whole community is praying for her safety and well-being," Franks said.
There is a video at above link, can't embed.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

20 Year Old Holly Bobo Drug From Home & Into Woods By A Man Wearing Camouflage~ Zachary Adams & Jason Autry Indicted For Aggravated Kidnapping & 1st Degree Murder~ Mark & Jeffrey Pearcy Arrested In Connection. Remains confirmed to be Holly's!! Empty Re: 20 Year Old Holly Bobo Drug From Home & Into Woods By A Man Wearing Camouflage~ Zachary Adams & Jason Autry Indicted For Aggravated Kidnapping & 1st Degree Murder~ Mark & Jeffrey Pearcy Arrested In Connection. Remains confirmed to be Holly's!!

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:17 pm

What the heck is this all about? The mother and the brother watched while she was being abducted - I would have been out that door so fast after them and Im a girl! (well ok maybe not so much of a girl anymore) but you know what I mean.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:12 pm

I agree, Art...Surely her brother could have done something! Maybe he had a gun on her, threatening to shoot her...It's just hard to imagine them just watching without doing something...Maybe they did and it's just not being reported for some reason...IDK.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Wow. Maybe he was holding a gun. The article does not say. If the guy was not carrying a weapon I would think if that was my Sister I would have done something.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:23 am

Police: Tennessee woman, 20, missing after being dragged from home

(CNN) -- The tearful parents of a 20-year-old Tennessee nursing student pleaded for her safe return on Thursday, one day after she was seen being dragged away from her home and into woods.
Holly Bobo was wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, when a relative saw her being dragged across the carport of her Darden, Tennessee, home, according to a statement from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
The witness said the man, wearing camouflage, hauled the young woman toward nearby woods. The state bureau of investigation and the Decatur County Sheriff's Department are looking into the incident as a possible home invasion and kidnapping.
A day later, as law enforcement, friends and neighbors searched intensively for Bobo, police had not named any suspects in her alleged kidnapping. A $25,000 reward had been offered for information that may help authorities locate the woman, who is 5 feet, 3 inches tall and weighs about 110 pounds, and arrest her purported abductor.
"We'd just like to send a plea out to whomever might be listening and watching to help this family," said Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt, who choked up speaking shortly after Bobo's parents addressed reporters.
"You can only imagine what they go through. They need your help."
Minutes earlier her father, Dana Bobo said, "My daughter was taken from us yesterday morning ... from my house, going to school."
The young woman was taking classes at a Tennessee Technology Center campus in Parsons, at an off-campus center that is affiliated with the University of Tennessee at Martin.
Dana Bobo echoed Wyatt's plea, calling for "any help (to) bring home our daughter" and thanking law enforcement personnel and citizens who had joined the search for the young woman. He said the incident occurred when neither he nor his wife were at home.
Online, the search has gained momentum, with more than 12,000 people joining a Facebook group titled, "Prayer for the return of Holly Bobo" by 5 p.m. Thursday. That amounts to several times more people than all of those living in the rural central Tennessee community of Darden, about 100 miles southwest of Nashville and 120 miles northeast of Memphis.
Bobo's parents, meanwhile, struggled to come to grips with their daughter's disappearance. Her mother, Karen Bobo, cried throughout her husband's brief statement to reporters and then spoke directly to Holly and whomever might know what has become of her.
"Holly, I love you so much. Please try to get home to us." Karen Bobo said.
"She's ... so precious, you just don't even know. I just want her back."
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:56 am

"Holly, I love you so much. Please try to get home to us." Karen Bobo said.
"She's ... so precious, you just don't even know. I just want her back."
I feel so bad for them crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:29 am

Both Bobo's mother and 25-year-old brother watched the woman being abducted and called 911.
He said the incident occurred when neither he nor his wife were at home.

Some reporter was wrong somewhere. I guess just she and her brother were home at the time?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:36 am

I was watching the early morning shows today. This poor mother all but collapsed and the sheriff was in tears and choked up. They said the boyfriend is a hunter and frequently wears camo but has been cleared and they have no suspects. This just doesnt sound like its going to have a good outcome. I wonder how far into her nursing school she was. After a certain amount of time they train in a hospital. I wonder if she treated some crazy that became obsessed with her. What a heartbreaking story. crying praying
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Kidnapped Woman's Father Thinks Suspect Knew Their Family

The father of a Tennessee woman who was kidnapped from outside her home and dragged into the woods, believes the shadowy figure who abducted Holly Bobo was someone who knew the college student and her family's routines.

"It might have been somebody close, somebody that kind of knew our routine and when I left and when she left [his wife] and when my daughter left to go to school, is what I got in my mind," said Dana Bobo. "But I don't know what for sure."

The 20-year-old woman's brother saw the abduction on Wednesday from inside the family's home in Parsons, Tenn. Her brother called 911 and said a man wearing camouflage dragged the woman from the carport of her family home toward the woods.

"It's very possible that he could have known her, could have known her daily routine. We're following up on everything we possibly can," said Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt.

Thunderstorms and a tornado warning hampered a massive manhunt early Friday morning, but the search resumed just after noon.

"As long as we keep our faith that she is alive," said Wyatt, the search will continue.

Bobo is a cousin of Whitney Duncan, a country music singer and a finalist on the television talent show Nashville Star. She recently tweeted, "Lord have mercy. I feel like I'm walking in a nightmare."

Almost 400 volunteers searched for the nursing student on foot, on horseback and using ATVS on Thursday.

"Holly I love you so much. Please try to get home to us and if anybody knows anything about her please, please help us find her," said Karen Bobo, Holly's mother.

Pink ribbons and pictures of Holly Bobo are posted all over the close knit community of 2,500 people.

"If this was my daughter, I'd want everybody doing the exact same thing for her," one volunteer said.

The community is offering a $25,000 reward for any information that leads to Holly Bobo's safe return. "If there's anybody that can help, just come on and help us please," said Natalie Bobo, Holly Bobo's cousin.

Investigators initially believed the young woman may have been abducted from her house in a home invasion, but John Mayer, spokesman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, told ABCNews.com that "the suspect was never inside."

Bobo is 5-feet-3 and weighs 110 pounds. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt and blue jeans.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:42 am

New Evidence Redirects Search for Holly Bobo

Correction: Relying on information gleaned from News Channel 5 of Nashville, an earlier report that they had written stated that personal items had been found, including a car and cell phone. The station has since corrected their article, and we have likewise followed suit.

The TBI, in a press statement today, stated that no vehicle had been recovered, but did confirm that a lunch pail was recovered.

Parsons, TN - Decatur County Mayor Michael Smith said at around 3 PM this afternoon that "new evidence" has surfaced in the search for Holly Lynn Bobo. The search is now being redirected to the Bible Hill area of Decatur County according to Smith.

The 20 year old was abducted from the carport of her home on Wednesday, April 13th in the Darden Communtiy area of Decatur County, near the Henderson County line.

When asked if the evidence was physical evidence or testimony, Mayor Smith confirmed that the new evidence was considered physical evidence.

Smith declined to elaborate, deferring to law enforcement agencies who continue to scour the rural countryside for clues leading to the return of Holly Bobo to her family.

Smith stated that media and volunteers were now gathering at the Decatur County Fairgrounds, and once "this little [storm] front passes", the search would resume in force near Bible Hill.

Bible Hill is north and west of Parsons, and about 1-2 miles slightly north and east of the Bobo home on Swan Johnson Road.

WBBJ's Will Nunley reported via Facebook this afternoon that "911 Dispatchers are asking nearby rescue squads for additional manpower." Nunley, representing the local ABC affiliate, later tweeted that school buses were arriving to help transport the mass of volunteers.

The search in the Bible Hill area is expected to resume in force as authorities and volunteers arrive en masse.

Holly Lynn Bobo is 5' 3" tall and weighs around 11o ponds. She was last seen on Wednesday, April 13th at around 7:45 AM wearing a pink t-shirt, blue jeans, and tennis shoes.

Anyone with information is asked to call the TBI missing persons hotline at 1-800-TBI-FIND or the Decatur County Sheriff's Office (731) 852-3714

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:34 am

Lunchbox Of Missing Woman Found In Decatur County

PARSONS, Tenn. - Authorities said they have discovered the lunchbox belonging to a missing woman in Decatur County.

Search crews found the items on the side of the road on Friday about eight miles from her home. The break came more than 48 hours since 20-year-old Holly Bobo was last seen at her home in Parsons.

During a press conference on Friday at 5 p.m., officials with the TBI said they have found a lunch box believed to belong to Holly, but did not specify where it was found.

Officials said Holly was taken from outside the home on Wednesday morning as she was headed to school. They said she and the unidentified suspect walked off arm and arm into the woods.

"He actually had an arm holding her, so we feel that she knew that she was in fear of her life. So she was complying with his demands," said John Mehr, a special agent with TBI.

They said Bobo's 25-year-old brother saw her outside with a man before she was taken on Wednesday morning. But they said he only saw the man from the back and thought it was her boyfriend.

He did not become suspicious until he went outside and saw blood. Then he called 911.

They also re-iterated the fact that neither her boyfriend nor her brother were a suspect.

Authorities said they have widened their search area to include not only Decatur County, but Benton and Henderson Counties as well.

A break in the rain about midday Friday allowed dozens of law enforcement officers and volunteers to resume looking for Bobo.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation officials on Friday also gave new details about 20-year-old Holly Bobo's abduction.

The TBI had previously said Bobo was dragged from the home by a man wearing camouflage clothing.

Authorities continue to suspect foul play in the nursing student's disappearance. Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said there are no suspects.

Her parents made a tearful plea on Thursday for help in finding their daughter.

The community is offering a $25,000 reward.

Anyone with information is asked to call the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:30 am

Her brother called 911 and said a man wearing camouflage dragged the woman from the carport of her family home toward the woods
They said Bobo's 25-year-old brother saw her outside with a man before she was taken on Wednesday morning. But they said he only saw the man from the back and thought it was her boyfriend.
He did not become suspicious until he went outside and saw blood. Then he called 911.
Which is it!?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:21 am

The brothers story seems to change and so does the debate on if her mom was home or gone at the time. Several things dont add up with this case.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:44 pm

Holly Bobo Search: Hundreds of Volunteers Comb the Woods

Hundreds of police and volunteers combed the woods in three Tennessee counties today searching for any sign of Holly Bobo, the 20-year-old college student abducted outside her home.

Some 600 volunteers joined police Saturday, working until midnight to find any trace of the young woman, whose brother saw the abduction Wednesday, but only realized too late that the man leading her into the woods was not her boyfriend.

Family, friends and concerned residents of Holly Bobo's hometown of Parsons, Tenn., and neighboring communities came out again this morning to continue the search.

"We got lots of volunteers and we're continuing to do searches throughout the county in other areas and looking any type of leads that could help us in bringing Holly back," Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Special Agent John Mehr said.

"We also are getting tremendous amount of leads from all over the country throughout the United States. And so, we're following up on those leads as they come in and prioritizing the ones that aren't the urgent leads," he said. "We're continuing to ask people to call in and give us information on this case because we want to bring Holly back."

A reward of $25,000 of information leading to Bobo's return and the arrest of her kidnapper was announced Saturday evening.

A service was held in honor of the missing student at Corinth Baptist Church in Parsons.

Investigators said that contrary to initial reports, Bobo was not dragged by a camouflaged kidnapper into a nearby woods but was instead led there because she was "in fear of her life."

She was confronted Wednesday by a man in hunting camouflage who forced her to go with him into the woods, Mehr said.

"What we believe, and I'll tell you he actually had an arm holding her and so we feel that she knew that she was in fear of her life so she was complying with his commands," he said.

Mehr said investigators "did not see drag marks." He added she was "not forcefully dragged and she's like any other victim, maybe complying with her attacker, but she walked into the woods,"

Bobo's 25-year-old brother Clint watched from inside the home, but did not believe she was being abducted until later. He saw the stranger from behind and believed it was his sister's boyfriend.

Her brother, said Mehr, "had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker," and did not call 911 until he saw blood outside.

The officer said that neither Bobo's brother nor her boyfriend were suspects. "We are confident of that," he said.

But police have no leads to the identity of Bobo's abductor.

"There is not a person of interest at this time," he said.

Investigators said they had found new pieces of evidence, including what Mehr called Bobo's "lunch purse," but would not specify where it was found.

"They have found some evidence that is new and specific to the case," said Decatur County Mayor Michael Smith. The mayor called the newly discovered clues "very encouraging."

While refusing to discuss any other evidence, Mehr said reports that a car had been found containing Bobo's cell phone and some camouflage clothing were wrong.

Police and volunteers have scoured wooded areas of three counties over four days, at times during thunderstorms and heavy winds.

Authorities said they believed they were on a trail that was still warm.

"Folks, this is getting good now. Things are happening fast," a state investigator told a crowd of volunteers at the makeshift staging ground in Parsons.

Holly's cousin, country music singer Whitney Duncan, tried to provide searchers with some hope on Twitter.

"I can't thank y'all enough for all the efforts to find holly. Keep it up until she is home with us," she said.

more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:37 am

In Disappearance of Holly Bobo, No One Ruled Out as Suspect
By Cristina Corbin
Published April 18, 2011
| FoxNews.com
Authorities are "not ruling out anyone" in their investigation into the disappearance of a 20-year-old nursing student, last seen being led into the woods near her rural Tennessee home by a man dressed in camouflage.
A spokeswoman with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation told FoxNews.com Monday that police are appealing to the small community of Parsons, Tenn., for help in finding Holly Bobo.
"We're trying to develop a person of interest who maybe missed work or missed an appointment unexpectedly that day," TBI spokeswoman Kristin Helm said in an interview.
Bobo's 25-year-old brother Clint reported seeing his sister being led by a man into the woods near their home at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday. Clint told investigators that he initially assumed Holly was with her boyfriend, but said he grew concerned after finding blood outside, prompting him to call 911.
Clint and the woman's boyfriend have not been named as suspects in the case, but Helm said Monday, "We haven’t ruled out anyone" in the investigation.
"We’re trying very careful not to get tunnel vision," she said, adding that the woman's brother and boyfriend have been "very cooperative" in the case. Helm said authorities were treating Clint as a "witness."
Helm said authorities do not believe Bobo, a nursing student at the University of Tennessee at Martin, went willingly.
"We believe that she was probably being forced to comply," she said.
On Monday, searchers plan to comb the area surrounding Bobo's home for clues in the case. Investigators last week found a number of items believed to belong to Holly, including a lunchbox that Helm said was found "several miles away" from the young woman's home.
Law enforcement officials have received 250 leads so far in their investigation.
The kidnapper, whom authorities describe as between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot-tall, may have known her everyday routine. Holly's father, Dana Bobo, said Thursday that he believes the man who snatched his daughter was familiar with the family's routine.
"It might have been somebody close that kind of knew our routine -- when I left, and when she left, and when my daughter left to go to school," Dana Bobo said.
Friends have described Bobo as kind and loving with an "angelic voice."
Bobo's Facebook page says her interests include Miley Cyrus and country music singer Whitney Duncan, who is her cousin.
Friends said she loves animals, especially horses, and spends much of her free time going to dinner and the movies -- she likes "Morning Glory" and "The Hangover 2" on Facebook -- with her boyfriend.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

From an earlier article:
The officer said that neither Bobo's brother nor her boyfriend were suspects. "We are confident of that," he said.

Sounds like they might now have some doubts?

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

20 Year Old Holly Bobo Drug From Home & Into Woods By A Man Wearing Camouflage~ Zachary Adams & Jason Autry Indicted For Aggravated Kidnapping & 1st Degree Murder~ Mark & Jeffrey Pearcy Arrested In Connection. Remains confirmed to be Holly's!! Empty Tennessee investigator makes plea for help in Bobo case

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:29 am

By Tin Ghianni

NASHVILLE, Tennessee | Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:03pm EDT

(Reuters) - Tennessee's top investigator on Monday made a public plea and Governor Bill Haslam offered a $50,000 reward as authorities pressed for leads in the apparent abduction of 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo five days ago.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation was checking more than 250 leads in the disappearance of Bobo, who is a cousin of country artist Whitney Duncan, TBI Director Mark Gwyn said in an appearance on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"The next analysis of a piece of evidence could be a key in solving this particular incident," Gwyn said. "I can tell you that we have not eliminated anyone from this case."

Monday's search centered on Natchez Trace State Park north of the Bobo family home in Darden, Tennessee, said Kevin Cagle, director of the Decatur County Emergency Management Agency.

Some 300 volunteers searched the park on horseback, all-terrain vehicles and on foot Monday, down from the weekend when more than 1,000 people joined the search.

Investigators were going door-to-door to ask neighbors near the Bobo home if they saw anything the day she disappeared, Gwyn told reporters on Monday afternoon. Another 30 leads came in Monday, bringing the total to about 280, he said.

The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency was using imaging technology to map the bottoms of bodies of water near the Bobo home, Gwyn added.

Haslam's $50,000 reward for information leading to Bobo comes on top of $25,000 raised by the community.

Bobo was last seen being led by a camouflage-clad man into the woods near their home on Wednesday morning about the time she normally would leave for school.

Investigators have said Bobo was being led by her hand or arm and they believe she was coerced and feared for her life and complied with the abductor.

On Sunday, investigators asked area residents to try to recall people who may have been acting peculiarly the day Bobo disappeared or afterward, saying it was likely her abductor had knowledge about the the thick woods nearby.

The abductor may have missed work or appointments on Wednesday or for days afterward and also may have an "excessively cleaned" car or all-terrain vehicle, or suddenly sold a vehicle or reported it stolen, the bureau said.

Some clues have been found, including the young woman's white lunch box that was found about eight miles from her home. Investigators are not commenting on other evidence found.

Investigators have also said Bobo's brother saw her outside the house with a man Wednesday morning, but at the time he thought it was her boyfriend. When he went outside later, he saw blood and called police. The blood is being analyzed.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:16 pm

This is not right - something about the brothers story is off. It sounds madeup to me.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

20 Year Old Holly Bobo Drug From Home & Into Woods By A Man Wearing Camouflage~ Zachary Adams & Jason Autry Indicted For Aggravated Kidnapping & 1st Degree Murder~ Mark & Jeffrey Pearcy Arrested In Connection. Remains confirmed to be Holly's!! Empty Holly Bobo is Missing

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:09 pm

This one is going to take on a life of it's own. I don't remember seeing anything here about it. If it is a duplicate please delete. Interesting how she simply walked into the woods with her brother watching???

Holly Bobo Missing: Tenn. woman, 20, feared abducted from home
Posted by Barry Leibowitz

(CBS/AP) NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Authorities are looking for 20-year-old Holly Bobo, a west Tennessee woman who was last seen being dragged from her home by a man dressed in camouflage.

Investigators believe Bobo may have been abducted in a home invasion on Wednesday.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation says that her 25-year-old brother told investigators that he saw the man dragging his sister across the carport at her family home and toward a wooded area.

Authorities said Bobo was on her way to school. She is a student at the UT Martin campus, according to CBS affiliate WTVF.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's Violent Crime Response Team was gathering evidence at the home in the community of Darden in Decatur County.

Bobo is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 110 pounds. She was seen around 7:30 a.m. wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:18 pm

First her brother said he thought it was her boyfriend. That she was "led" into the woods by the arm.
When the brother went outside, there was blood.
Holly's lunchbox was found 8 miles away from her home.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:21 pm

You are right Charm. The stories just keep changing. The brother was in the house our out. Mother was with him watching the abduction..he was alone.

I tried to find a facebook page. Something they usually set up but the one I found seemed to already be argueing.

I will keep trying.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:39 pm

According to the source, Holly had two ex-boyfriends. One from a few days ago and the other, she had a restraining order against, because he threatened to kill her. Holly left the house to go to school and her brother heard her arguing with her ex-boyfriend who was dressed in camo, outside the home. He saw them both walking towards the wooded area of the yard, and he went back to what he was doing. About an hour later he noticed his sister's car was still in the driveway. He called his parents, a friend of Holly's and then the ex-boyfriend, and then the police.

Holly's ex-boyfriend was at work earlier and then left and he has not been seen since.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Another near abduction by a young woman that lives close to Holly.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:41 pm

According to the source, Holly had two ex-boyfriends. One from a few days ago and the other, she had a restraining order against, because he threatened to kill her. Holly left the house to go to school and her brother heard her arguing with her ex-boyfriend who was dressed in camo, outside the home. He saw them both walking towards the wooded area of the yard, and he went back to what he was doing. About an hour later he noticed his sister's car was still in the driveway. He called his parents, a friend of Holly's and then the ex-boyfriend, and then the police.

Holly's ex-boyfriend was at work earlier and then left and he has not been seen since.

This is the first that I've heard any of this...I thought she had a "long time" boyfriend...

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:19 am

The above link that Wrap posted is about another attempted kidnaping in January of young, blonde girl 45 minutes away from Holly and the circumstances are nearly identical.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:59 pm

Attempted Abduction Could Be Related To Holly Bobo Case

CENTERVILLE, Tenn. - Police are now looking into an attempted abduction in Hickman County and if it might be connected to the Holly Bobo case.

Heather Sullivan told police about three months ago, a man grabbed her as she walked out of her Centerville home.

She dropped a lamp, and the man took off.

Centerville is about 45-miles from Bobo's hometown of Parsons in Decatur County.

The 20-year-old nursing student hasn't been seen since last Wednesday. Her brother told authorities that he saw a man dressed in camouflage walk her into the woods.

Since then, hundreds of volunteers have scoured the area surrounding her home, as well as Natchez Trace State Park in neighboring Henderson County. Her lunchbox was found about eight miles from her home on Gooch Road last week.

The TBI has also analyzed blood found on the carport of her home, but has not released who it belongs to.

The community held a candlelight vigil on Wednesday night to mark the one-week anniversary of her disappearance. Strong storms pushed through, knocking out the power—but the vigil went on by candlelight as the attendees sang "Amazing Grace".

Police have not identified any suspects in the case.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:22 am

I didn't watch this show but on another blog they are saying that on the show they called it a home invasion at 7:30 am.

Really a man in camoflage dragging a young blonde woman carrying a lunch box into the woods while her brother watches and thinks everything is ok. Oh yes and it looks like her boyfriend?

Maybe they can look for breadcrumbs in the forrest and they will find her.

Something is off with this whole story. Don't know what. It might just be terrible reporting. Crazy. head bang
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:37 pm

The search for Holly Bobo intensifies: Did her kidnapper strike twice?

BY Brenna Cammeron
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Friday, April 22nd 2011, 10:19 AM

Authorities are investigating whether the recent disappearance of 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo is related to another recent incident near Bobo's home of Parsons, Tenn.

Heather Sullivan, 31, of nearby Hickman County told NBC News that she was grabbed by a "tall, skinny" man as she left her home one January morning. Sullivan was holding a glass lamp in one arm, which shattered, making a noise that spooked the would-be attacker and made him flee.

"I was scared, I was numb," Sullivan said. "I couldn't move. I couldn't say or do anything."

The early morning incident bears some similarity to Bobo's mysterious disappearance on April 13. Bobo, who is the cousin of country music crooner Whitney Duncan, disappeared around 7:30 in the morning near her home.

Bobo's brother, Clint, witnessed a man dressed in camouflage leading her into the woods near her house. There has been no trace of Bobo since, aside from a sample of blood found near her house. Authorities declined to say whether that blood belongs to the striking blonde.

Despite a multi-day search near Bobo's house leading police dogs into terrain so thick they needed to be carried, authorities have not recovered any signs of Bobo.

Sullivan's story is a new lead in the case, which has dumbfounded authorities until now.

"We're going to look at all the possibilities," said Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

"We're not going to have tunnel vision for anything or anybody."

Since Bobo's disappearance, her distraught family members have pled for her return.

"Holly, I love you," Bobo's mother, Karen, said in a tearful television plea. "Please help her come home to us."

There is an $80,000 reward for information about the case, including $50,000 offered by the state.

Bobo is 5-feet 3-inches and weighs 110 pounds. She was last seen near her home wearing a pink shirt and blue jeans.

Authorities ask that anyone with information about Bobo's whereabouts contact the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:59 pm

Urgent: Sources say nursing co-ed Holly Bobo's cell phone pinged soon after her abduction within one mile of her home! Her boyfriend allegedly claims he got a text from her phone that same morning sounding fine. What happened to Holly Bobo? Nancy Grace has all the latest, breaking developments at 8 PM ET only on HLN.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:04 pm

I am thinking if there is a perp that it could be someone from LE. Hence the unusually tight lipped pressers.
Or someone from their church.
An "upstanding" citizen.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:30 pm

Authorities: Lead in Bobo case fuels intensive search in northern Decatur County

Law enforcement officials searching for Holly Bobo say they are looking into a lead that prompted an intensive search of Northern Decatur County.

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt said the lead discovered sometime this morning or Saturday evening fueled their Northern Decatur County search, which would continue for another day. He would not comment on what the lead entailed but said law enforcement received a tip in the form of a phone call.

Wyatt said officers are calling for between 300 and 400 volunteers tomorrow to search the area.

The 20-year-old nursing student was last seen the morning of April 13 being led into the woods near her Darden home in Decatur County. Bobo is described as having long, blond hair. She is 5 foot 3 inches tall, weighs about 110 pounds, and was last seen wearing a pink T-shirt and light blue jeans.

The abductor is described as a white man about 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet tall and weighing 200 pounds. He was wearing camouflage.

An $80,000 reward is being offered for information about Bobo’s abduction and leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible. Anyone with any information on the abduction is asked to call the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office at (731) 852-3703 or 1-800-TBI-FIND.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Clue found in hunt for missing Tenn. woman
Published: April 24, 2011 at 11:38 PM

PARSONS, Tenn., April 24 (UPI) -- Volunteers hunting for missing Tennessee nursing student Holly Bobo Sunday found something but authorities wouldn't reveal what it is or its significance.

The Jackson Sun reported the undisclosed item was discovered along U.S. 641/Tennessee 69 in northern Decatur County.

Decatur County Sheriff Roy Wyatt told the newspaper the item was found after authorities received a phone call tip about it.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:05 am

Holly Bobo Breaking News: New item found, search intensifies; message from mom

WBBJ-TV News Anchor Will Nunley tweeted Sunday afternoon that according to dispatch, Decatur County rescue squad and volunteer firefighters just dispatched a specialized foot search.

Dispatch called for all available search teams on foot, a message that came from the Tennessee High Patrol at about 5:30 p.m.

The search organizer said, “This is the latest in the evening that a new search has been organized.”

Nunley tweeted, "We don't have time to waste" as searchers rushed to get on the bus to be shuttled to the new search location. "The volunteer center is all but empty as available crews rush to get on buses," he said.
much more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Investigators announced Sunday that they discovered a key item in their investigation but declined to elaborate on the nature of what was found, WSMV-TV reports. The clue was uncovered during an afternoon volunteer ground search for the young woman, prompting law enforcement to expand their search in the same area Monday, according to the station...
Police say they believe the alleged abductor may be from the area and possibly acquainted with Bobo and her family. The kidnapper is described as a white man, about 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing 200 pounds.

From the definite description, it sounds like they might know exactly who they're looking for.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:31 pm

If this suspect ends up being local Im afraid hes looking and listening closely and if shes not already dead she will be when he thinks they are closing in. JMO
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:59 pm

I read on Peter Hyatts blog that the brothers story is being reviewed again for inconsistencies?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Who is that in the picture? Is that Holly and her brother that saw her going into the woods?

I still think something is off with this story.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Read Blink today. LE knows who it is.

Third article down the page.
Posted by Blink | Clint Bobo,Holly Bobo,Jason Todd,Mark Gwyn,Tennessee Bureau of Investigation | Tuesday 19 April 2011 5:37 pm
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:08 pm

Charm wrote:
Somehow, I think Holly and her brother are in this together.

Charm, I don't understand what you mean. Do you think that Holly wasn't abducted at all, but is in hiding somewhere? I have to disagree. There has been nothing to indicate that she would have any reason to do that. I feel that she is the victim of some terrible crime, not a conspirator with her brother in some nefarious scheme. As for the brother, I don't understand some of his actions (and/or lack of), but I'm also not sure of the accuracy of the early reports...I really don't think he has anything to do with his sister's abduction either...JMO..
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:13 pm

"basically, Holly was kidnapped by her ex-boyfriend who has a history of threats against Holly and lead her into the woods and neither have been heard from since. The Ex’s family members may have been in contact and are “protecting” this guy and refusing searches of their property? (This happened in the Wix’s girls case too) Also their properties meet up to the Bobo’s?"

Comment from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Third article down the page.
Posted by Blink | Clint Bobo,Holly Bobo,Jason Todd,Mark Gwyn,Tennessee Bureau of Investigation | Tuesday 19 April 2011 5:37 pm
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Well, Lisette, In the back of my mind things don't set right.
1. It could be the ex boyfriend.
2. Why is the family protecting the brother and no one has been poly'ed to rule themselves out?
3. T-shirt funds make my skin crawl. Even when they are on the up and up. Why not just take donations?
4. I am cynical any more as I get older and the items that have been recovered all lead around in a circle. Is Holly dropping these things herself? I know it sounds preposterous. Holly is a beautiful girl. Maybe she wants to become famous? Everyone does nowadays, it seems, sadly so.
5. Why does the governor find the need for the state to come up with $50,000 to add to the reward? What is so special about Holly Bobo? There are other women missing in Tennessee that do not have that privilege.
6. Why did the Tennessee Senate Vote to Prevent Broadcast of 911 Calls within the last two weeks? granted, we assume we should be able to hear them, however to block them is another matter.

Too many questions and not enough answers. I know LE can't give out too much, however searchers need something to help fuel their passion, too. To know they are getting closer-or sadly further from finding Holly.
Things just seem very hinky to me.
I would LOVE to be wrong. Nothing would make me happier.

charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:48 am

Charm, I too wondered about the reward money. I thought maybe her family knows someone in the local/state government but I agree w/ you, why her when other girls have gone missing in TN and their reward wasn't nearly as high.

I was not aware of the TN Senate voting to prevent rebroadcasting of 911 calls, thanks for posting that and I agree, the timing is fishy.

I don't know what to think about this one, I go back and forth but something doesn't add up.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruth Sampson Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:59 am

I just saw this video on Fox News of Geraldo and Mark Furhman. It presents a slightly different point of view that I found very interesting.

Ruth Sampson

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am

Ruth, Welcome to VH!!!

Thank you for the video. Very interesting.

I agree that something just doesn't add up.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next