Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

+8
Slys Hunny
HippyChick2
Darkman
Lilone
spayneuteryourpets
raine1953
Nama
Wrapitup
12 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 Empty 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:14 pm

First Posted: 12/29/11 05:35 PM ET Updated: 12/29/11 05:35 PM ET
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The trial of Jodi Ann Arias, set to begin Feb. 1, could be the biggest court proceeding since Casey Anthony.

The 32-year-old photographer is accused of shooting her lover in the face, stabbing him 27 times, and slitting his throat from ear to ear.

The dead man, Travis Alexander, was found in the shower of his Mesa., Ariz., apartment five days later.

CNN and TruTV have both been gearing up for major coverage. Even Dr. Drew Pinsky has chimed in, recently comparing Arias to Casey Anthony.

One problem: The would-be legal event of 2012 may not even happen in 2012. The Huffington Post has learned it could be another 12 months before the case goes before a jury.

"They [the defense] are starting over with new counsel," said Jerry Cobb, a spokesman for the Maricopa County attorney's office.

Cobb says the entire defense team will be replaced. This comes after Arias had asked the court for permission to represent herself, only to ask later for legal counsel.

Arias had been represented by Victoria Washington, who filed a motion to withdraw from the case on Dec. 16. Six days later, the motion was granted.

"It looks like right now, it will be pushed to 2013," Cobb says.

More should be known after a case management hearing next week.

The case has already been more than three years in preparation, and details remain as disturbing today as they were in 2008. In September of that year, Arias was arrested for the brutal slaying of Alexander and instantly commanded headlines around the world, especially after details became public.

According to Alexander's friends, he and Arias met at a conference in Las Vegas in 2007.

Alexander was a 30-year-old motivational speaker and legal-insurance salesman.

Arias, then 28, was living in Yreka, Calif., and was trying to make it as a saleswoman and an independent photographer. The two hit it off and began dating in February 2007.

"Shortly after they began hanging out, his business [and] income began to suffer," Alexander's close friend Sky Hughes told The Huffington Post. "She made it impossible for him to live a normal life."

A normal life was something for which Alexander had fought hard while growing up in Riverside, Calif., according to a blog he maintained online.

"My childhood unfortunately was very much like any child's that had drug addict parents," he wrote.

"My father was never around, which left my siblings and I to the fate given by my mother. A good woman, with the intent at an early age to be a loving mom. A few poor decisions changed that. As she progressively got more involved in drugs she progressively got less capable of raising children."

Alexander and his six siblings were eventually taken in by their grandmother. It was through her that he was introduced to the Mormon faith. He maintained that faith into adulthood and became a devout practitioner, something Arias allegedly tried to emulate when they were dating. Alexander's friends, however, were not convinced by her conversion.

"There was something very off about her. She was extremely obsessed with him," Hughes said, adding, "She liked him a lot more than he liked her."

Despite living 400 miles apart, the couple managed to make it work. For a few months, anyway. It was not until after the relationship soured that Arias moved to Mesa. Although no longer dating, the couple maintained a physical relationship.

In 2008, Arias moved back home to Yreka. Nevertheless, she continued to keep a watchful eye on Alexander, Hughes alleged.

"She would break into his email -- multiple times -- [and] when he began dating another girl, she snuck into the house and watched them sleeping -- they had fallen asleep on an oversized bean bag watching a movie," Hughes said.

"He would be at his girlfriend's house and someone would knock and run -- he knew it was her. His tires were slashed twice and he 'knew' it was her. His girlfriend's tires were slashed, and again he knew it was her ... If Travis began talking to a girl or took a girl on a date, it was shortly after that Jodi would friend them on MySpace and began talking to them."

Hughes added: "To say Jodi was creepy and obsessed with Travis would be a huge understatement."

Jodi Arias Court Documents

Whatever the relationship between Alexander and Arias was, it all ended on June 9, 2008. On that day Alexander's friends, concerned because they had not heard from him for several days, went to his home in the 11400 block of East Queensborough Ave. It was inside the 4,500-square foot home that they made a horrific discovery.

"A friend of ours is dead in his bedroom. His roommate just went in there and said there's a lot of blood," one of Alexander's friends said in a call to 911.

Asked by the dispatcher if Alexander had "been threatened by anyone" recently, the caller replied: "Yes, he has. He has an ex-girlfriend that's been bothering him, and following him and slashing tires and things like that."

When police arrived on the scene, they found Alexander's naked body inside his standup shower. Advanced decomposition suggested he had been dead for several days. Large amounts of blood were discovered throughout the master bathroom, as well as on the floors, walls and sink area.

It was ultimately discovered that Alexander had been shot in the right brow with a .25-caliber gun -- the bullet was found lodged in his left cheek -- and had been stabbed 27 times. Someone had also cut his throat from ear to ear. Numerous other injuries to his body suggested Alexander had attempted to fight back, police said.

Investigators found several vital clues inside Alexander's bedroom and bathroom. A spent .25-caliber shell casing was located on the floor near the sink, a hair and a small latent print in blood was found near the entrance of the bathroom hall, and a digital camera was found in the washing machine in the downstairs laundry room. The camera appeared as though it had been run through the wash cycle.

An examination of Alexander's cellphone and computer revealed neither device had been used in the past five days.

When questioned by police, Alexander's friends and family members left no doubt about whom they considered the prime suspect.

"[Arias] was totally obsessed with him," Hughes said. "She wouldn't let him go. Whenever he would try to sever all ties, she would threaten to kill herself ... He would tell her he didn't want anything to do with her, and she would show up at his house. We knew it was her. We didn't want it to be her, but [we] just knew it was."

The day after Alexander's body was found, police contacted Arias and questioned her about his murder.

"Jodi stated she last saw Travis in April of 2008," a police officer wrote in a probable cause document. "She admitted they had been seeing each other as boyfriend and girlfriend for over five months but had officially broken up in June of 2007, after some jealously issues on the part of both of them. After they broke up, they continued to have a sexual relationship, but kept it quiet from people they knew. She said she last spoke to Travis on Tuesday 6-03-08."

Later that day, at 10:54 p.m., Arias posted the following message to her MySpace page: "misses Travis. See you soon, my friend, but not soon enough."

Alexander's friends were devastated by his murder.

"He was a light to his family and friends, and he loved them all very much. His death has left a void in all of our lives," Hughes said.

"Travis wasn't perfect -- none of us are -- but he was a really incredible human being. But when you know where he came from, how he grew up, you couldn't help but admire him and be in continual awe of all that he accomplished in his short life, as well as his dreams of helping youth that struggle in life."

On June 17, 2008, Arias went to the Mesa Police Headquarters and was voluntarily fingerprinted. She also gave investigators a sample of her saliva for DNA testing.

While waiting for the lab test results to come back, investigators were notified that several shocking images, some of which had been deleted, were recovered from the memory card of the camera found in Alexander's washing machine.

The deleted pictures were of Alexander, naked in the shower, just before his death. He appeared to be posing for the photographs; however, other photos, which were dark and grainy, "were of a subject on the floor of the bathroom bleeding profusely," police said.

Six other photos, time-stamped that same day, allegedly show Arias on Alexander's bed. According to police, "all were nude pictures," and in some she was in "provocative sexual poses."

As a result of the photos, an investigator wrote: "Jodi was lying about not seeing Travis since April of 2008. This also proves that Jodi was the last person I can prove had contact with Travis prior to his death."

Travis Alexander was laid to rest in Olivewood Memorial Park in Riverside on June 21, 2008. Five days later, investigators were notified that the hair and bloody print found inside Alexander's home belonged to Arias. DNA typing results also indicated the blood was a mixture of Arias' and Alexander's.

Arias celebrated her 29th birthday on July 9, 2008. Unbeknownst to her, a grand jury in California indicted her that same day on first-degree murder charges in the death of Travis Alexander. Six days later, Mesa police detectives and Siskiyou County sheriff's deputies arrested Arias at her northern California home. Arias was booked in the Siskiyou County Jail on suspicion of first-degree murder. She was held there until September 2008, when she was extradited to Arizona.

Following her arrest, Arias changed her initial story. She admitted she was present when Alexander was murdered, but said his death occurred during a home invasion. Arias said the two were having fun playing with his new camera when things took a sudden turn.

"I heard a really loud pop. And the next thing I remember, I was lying next to the bathtub and Travis was screaming," Arias said in a 2009 interview with "48 Hours." "At that point, I sort of was just trying to come around and kind of orientate myself to what was going on," Arias explained. "And I looked up and I just -- I saw two other individuals in the bathroom. And they were both coming toward us."

The intruders, whom she described as a man and women dressed in black, were armed with a knife and a gun. At one point, she said the man pointed the gun at her but she was miraculously spared.

"He pulled the trigger. And nothing happened with the gun. And so I just grabbed my purse, which was on the floor at that point, and I ran down the stairs and out of there and I left [Travis] there ... I pushed past him and -- and his gun. And I just didn't look back."

Arias said she kept driving and never called police.

"It was -- I was terrified. And I was scared for my life. And I think there was a naive belief that I could pretend like it didn't really happen," Arias said.

On Tuesday, Arias' younger sister, Angela Arias, said her sister's statements during the "48 Hours" interview were lies, and that Alexander's death was an act of self-defense on her sister's part during an incidence of domestic violence.

"She was not under oath when she spoke on TV and yes, she lied," Angela Arias wrote on Facebook after The Huffington Post sent her a request for comment. "But, it was because she was so in love with that man she did not want people to know what a monster he really was. She wanted everyone to believe that he was as amazing as they thought he was."

Arias' third story is detailed in recent court documents as part of a request she made to admit electronic copies of letters allegedly written by Alexander between November 27, 2006, and May 27, 2008.

"Defendant had previously attributed the crime to intruders. She now argues that all of the letters must be admitted to support her domestic violence defense," prosecutors wrote in a motion to preclude the letters. "Defendant argues that the letters are relevant to her claim of self-defense and that she was a victim of previous 'sexual and physical abuse' by Mr. Alexander."

Arias, according to prosecutors, is claiming Alexander "became angry when she dropped his camera" and she was forced to kill him in self-defense. Angela Arias made reference to this defense in a Facebook post Tuesday.

"My sister is innocent of the crime they are accusing her of ... She did kill Travis but it was not in cold blood, it was not for revenge, it was because she was afraid for her life," Angela Arias wrote.

Jodi Arias is also claiming that Alexander admitted in the letters that he was a pedophile. But, according to Cobb, the prosecutor's office was able to show the letters were not all they were alleged to be.

"They did a scientific examination of the letters and concluded they had been forged," Cobb told The Huffington Post.

Drama in the case continued in August, when Arias told Judge Sherry Stephens of Maricopa County Superior Court that she wanted to represent herself.

"Do you have any experience?" Stephens asked. "Do you have a law license? Have you even read the statute you're accused of?"

Arias answered "no" to each question.

Nevertheless, Stephens granted the request but had her public defenders, Victoria Washington and Kirk Nurmi, remain on as advisory council.

Less than a week later, Arias' request to have Alexander's alleged letters admitted into evidence was denied. Afterwards, Arias told Judge Stephens she was "over her head." The judge then reinstated her defense counsel.

While the latest monkey wrench -- the turnover in defense council -- will delay the case even longer, more drama is likely to come, according to Pat Brown, founder of the Pat Brown Criminal Profiling Agency.

"Jodi Arias exhibits a good deal of psychopathic traits in her behaviors," Brown told The Huffington Post. "When she was getting her mug shot taken, she explained her smiling demeanor as a result of ruminating over what Travis would think of the situation."

Brown added: "She employs a distorted mirror image in explaining how someone else would view the situation. It isn't that Jodi Arias is psychotic and disconnected from reality; it is that only her reality matters ... Arias is an actor in her own drama and as long as she is clapping for her performance, she is happy. If convicted of murder, I can guarantee Jodi Arias will have a great time in prison, amusing herself quite nicely as she moves on to Act Two."

Hughes agreed with Brown.

"The bottom line is Jodi Arias went to Arizona to kill Travis Alexander," she said. "After she slaughtered him, she immediately began trying to cover her tracks. She is a despicable human being and evidently hasn't found enough satisfaction [in] slaughtering Travis. Now she is set on ruining his name with disgusting and abhorrent lies. If you knew Travis, you would realize how heartbreaking it is to watch and listen to what she is doing to him."

Hughes said that she hopes prosecutors succeed in getting the death penalty for Arias.

"I can't think of anything scarier than her being let out," Hughes said. "She would date again -- someone's son, brother, friend. She slaughtered an innocent person because he didn't want to be with her. She has no soul, no accountability. As long as she is alive, those she has contact with are not safe. She is extremely evil, and she deserves the death penalty."

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:55 pm; edited 10 times in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 Empty Re: 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:55 pm

By Shanna Hogan

The story of the murder of motivational speaker Travis Alexander, and the beautiful, young suspect who will stand trial for the crime.

As 20-year-old Dallin Forrest climbed the stairs of Travis Alexander’s five-bedroom Mesa home, he was filled with a sinking sense of dread.

It had been days since anyone had heard from Travis, and during that time he hadn’t responded to numerous emails, text messages or phone calls. Even more unsettling, Travis’ car was parked in his garage, and his wallet, credit cards, laptop and cell phone were still in his office downstairs. Yet, there was no sign of Travis himself.

It was June 9, 2008, and Forrest, along with two of Travis’ friends, had arrived at the house around 10 p.m. to search for the 30-year-old entrepreneur and motivational speaker. When no one answered the front door, they used the keyless entry code on the garage to make their way inside the house and eventually toward Travis’ upstairs bedroom.

As Forrest approached the top of the stairs, he could hear music blaring from an adjacent bedroom. He knocked on the door and found Travis’ roommate, Zachary Billings.

“Have you seen Travis?” he asked.

Billings shook his head. “I think he’s out of town.”

Travis was scheduled to depart the following morning for a cruise to Cancun, but the girl who was supposed to accompany him had been trying desperately to reach him for more than a week to no avail. After explaining their cause for concern, Billings retrieved a key and unlocked Travis’ bedroom door.

As the double doors were cast open, a foul order pervaded the air. Later, it would seem strange that no one had noticed the smell earlier.

Cautiously, Billings peered into the bedroom and headed slowly toward the master bathroom, with Forrest following closely behind.

Suddenly, a large dark spot on the floor caught Forrest’s attention. On the carpet was a dark pool of a thick, tacky substance he immediately recognized as blood. Forrest’s heart began to race. He continued hesitantly toward the bathroom, following the trail of dryed blood.

“Oh my god,” Billings gasped as he turned and rushed out of the room.

Forrest shrunk back in horror when he too noticed the figure slumped over in the shower.

“I saw him curled up, you know, in the shower on the ground,” Forrest later told police. “I turned. I turned right back around.”

Backpedaling out of the master bedroom, he ushered the others back outside the house.

“He’s not alive,” Forrest said, his voice trembling. “Call 911.”

Moments later Travis’ normally quiet house would erupt into turmoil, as police and paramedics flooded the scene. Travis Alexander had been shot in the face, stabbed multiple times and his throat had been slit from ear to ear. The fatal wound, the medical examiner would later determine, was a single stab directly to the heart.

It was a vicious murder with an unlikely victim and, as police would soon discover, a disturbingly unusual suspect.

A Tragic Loss

It would take months for many of Travis’ close friends to fully comprehend the senseless loss. It was an unspeakable tragedy. Travis was only 30 years old and so full of life—so driven, so accomplished.

Tall, broad-shouldered with bright green eyes and dark hair, Travis was a handsome, young entrepreneur who appeared to have the world at his feet—a lifetime away from his impoverished beginnings. Growing up in the slums of Riverside, California, his childhood had been rough. Travis was one of seven children born to parents who were addicted to crystal meth. For years, the family lived in a tent. At other times home was a dilapidated camper in his aunt’s backyard. Often, the children went to bed hungry.

Eventually, Travis and his siblings were taken in by their grandmother, Norma, who introduced them to the Mormon community. For Travis, his faith became his salvation. He was devoted to the church and strictly adhered to Mormon values.

Despite his difficult and humble beginnings, Travis was determined to do great things with his life.

“Travis was so disciplined. Such a great guy, just larger than life,” says Chris Hughes, a success coach and one of Travis’ closest friends. “He was charming, hilarious and super-outgoing. He had a huge heart and he loved helping people.”

In 2001, Hughes hired Travis onto his sales team at Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc., a company that sells legal-service insurance. Using the story of his own childhood struggles as a motivational tool, Travis excelled at the company and was quickly met with financial success. By his mid-twenties he owned an upscale five-bedroom home and was driving a BMW.

“He was just incredible,” says Hughes. “He was a phenomenal worker, totally focused. One of the top guys I ever had in my company out of 40,000 people.”

As a public speaker, Travis had a gift for inspiring. He preached “limitless thinking” and encouraged others to achieve their dreams. In his own life, Travis was positive and ambitious, swallowing life in big gulps.

“I love my life,” Travis wrote on his blog in 2008. “Why I have been so blessed, is hard for me to understand. I have fantastic visionary friends. A supportive family. Most importantly the Gospel of Jesus Christ.”

Travis had many goals. He wanted to be independently wealthy and travel the world, and he fancied the possibility of eventually getting involved in politics. Near the end of his life, his main aspiration was to get married and to have a family.

“He was all about, ‘How do I change the world? How do I become my best self? How do I influence people around me?’” says Taylor Searle, one of Travis’ closest friends. “He was always focused on achieving. He had these daily affirmations, which listed exactly what he wanted to accomplish in life. He would read them every day.”

On his blog, he had written some of his affirmations for the year 2008, in a post dated April 16, 2008.

“This year will be the best year of my life,” Travis wrote. “This is the year that will eclipse all others. I will earn more, learn more, travel more, serve more, love more, give more and be more than all the other years of my life combined.”

Instead, the year would end in an unimaginable tragedy.

Cold Blooded

For five days Travis lay dead in his master bathroom shower before his remains were finally discovered. By the time police and paramedics arrived on the scene on June 9, 2008, his body was severely decomposed—his once handsome face unrecognizable.

The murder was beyond brutal. Detectives would later theorize that Travis survived the gunshot wound to his face and fought off his killer, before receiving the laceration to his throat and the fatal stab wound to his heart. Due to the savage nature of the crime, detectives believed they were searching for a cold-blooded killer who likely came to the house with the intent to kill.

Blood spatter throughout the master bedroom seemed to indicate that there had been a struggle. Dried blood covered the walls, bathroom mirror and sink, and had pooled in large, thick puddles on the carpet throughout the hallway and the bathroom.

“The large amount of blood throughout the bathroom and bedroom areas indicated to me there was either a struggle or the victim was attempting to flee his attacker,” lead homicide Detective Esteban Flores wrote in the police report. “He had numerous injuries and trauma to his body, which indicated he had attempted to defend himself.”

Forensic investigators combed the scene, collecting and bagging a houseful of evidence. Blood, fingerprints, hair and multiple fibers of clothing were found throughout the master bedroom. A .25 caliber bullet casing was located on the tile floor near the bathroom sink, across from the shower. There was no gun inside the house, and nothing appeared to have been taken, ruling out robbery as a motive.

Except for the evidence of mayhem in the master bedroom, the rest of the house looked relatively undisturbed. As Detective Flores was exiting the home, he noticed a smearing of blood on the washing machine located in the laundry room downstairs. It seemed to be an unusual place to find blood, since nearly all of the other evidence had been confined to the upstairs.

As investigators sifted through the contents of the machine, they discovered a shocking piece of evidence—one that would blow the case wide open.

A Toxic Relationship

Taylor Searle was on the phone with Travis’ friends on June 9, 2008, as his body was discovered in the shower. When he heard that one of his best friends was dead, Searle went numb.

He immediately jumped in his car and sped toward Travis’ house. He had something urgent police needed to see. Searle believed Travis had known his killer. In fact, he says he had warned Travis about her just a week prior to his death.

“When he showed up dead, I was on my laptop saying to the cops, ‘This is the girl who did it,’” he says. “I knew it was her right away.”

A year and a half prior to his death, Travis was at a Pre-Paid Legal sales conference in Las Vegas when he first met a beguiling, 28-year-old blonde named Jodi Arias. He was instantly taken by her personality and good looks.

Jodi, an aspiring photographer, was working as a representative for Pre-Paid Legal while launching her photography business. Although she lived in Palm Desert, California, about 400 miles away from Travis’ home in Mesa, they began dating.

For months they communicated through phone calls, email and text messages, and met for romantic rendezvous at Chris and Sky Hughes’ house, a midway point in their long-distance relationship. As their romance blossomed, they took trips together to the Grand Canyon, Sedona and New Mexico. All the while, Jodi was with her camera, snapping hundreds of photos.

But friends say the relationship seemed to mean more to Jodi than it did to Travis. While he was attracted to her, he did not see a future with Jodi and had been dating several other girls throughout their relationship.

According to friends, Jodi wanted to marry Travis and tried desperately to get him to commit, even joining the Mormon Church to grow closer to him.

“She was very good at manipulating people… She was like a chameleon,” says Chris Hughes. “She knew he wanted to marry a Mormon and get married in the Temple. She felt like she had a better shot at Travis if she joined the church. So she gets baptized.”

Several friends say they witnessed incidents where Jodi appeared alarmingly possessive. When they were together she would cling to his side, never letting him out of her sight. Friends have claimed she eavesdropped on his private conversations and read email and text messages without his permission.

Jodi later told police that during one incident, while going through his cell phone she discovered romantic text messages from other girls. Their relationship soon ended, and although Travis tried to distance himself from her, she continued to attempt to insert herself in his life.

Shortly after their breakup, Jodi made the surprising decision to pack up her belongings and move to Mesa, just miles from Travis’ neighborhood. According to those familiar with their relationship, that’s when her infatuation with Travis appeared to grow into an obsession.

“She drove him crazy, she would stalk him,” says Searle. “He swore that she broke into his house and stole his journals. He had a journal with all his writing and it just disappeared and he swore that she took it.”

In late 2007, Travis began dating another girl seriously. Late one night in December of that year while at his new girlfriend’s house, Travis discovered his tires had been slashed. He replaced the tires only to have them slashed again on the following night. Shortly after those incidents, Travis’ new girlfriend received a hostile email from a “John Doe.” The email, which was wrought with heavy religious undertones, refereed to her relationship with Travis.

It read in part: “If you let him stay in your bed one more time or even sleep under the same roof as him, you will be giving the appearance of evil... You are a daughter of God, and you have been a shameful example. Be thou clean, sin no more.”

The girl later told police she believed the email had been sent by Jodi.

There were several other similar incidents leading up to about a week prior to his death, when Travis caught Jodi hacking into his Facebook account, according to the police report. By this point, Travis had had enough and told her he wanted her out of his life.

“They had a chat where he tore her apart,” Searle says. “He called me the next morning and read to me what he said to her. I said, ‘Aren’t you afraid she’s going to hurt you?”

A week later, Travis Alexander was dead.

Hard Evidence

Days after Travis was murdered, nearly a thousand people crowded the pews of a Mormon church in Mesa to say goodbye to their dear friend. Amid the sea of heartbroken faces, one person seemed to stand out. Near the front of the church, sat a woman—at times she appeared to be crying, at others, witnesses were said to have noticed a mischievous grin come across her face. The woman was Jodi Arias.

Just a day after Travis’ body was discovered Jodi transformed her MySpace page into an apparent shrine for Travis—writing poems dedicated to his memory and posting pictures of the two of them together.

To Travis’ friends, it all seemed very strange. By the day of the memorial service, word had spread about her bizarre behavior and dozens of people had come forward to relay stories to the police of incidents involving Jodi.

Meanwhile, when detectives first questioned Jodi, she claimed to have not seen Travis in months.

According to police, the evidence disproved her story.

Inside the washing machine detectives discovered, along with several of Travis’ religious undergarments, a new digital camera. Although the camera had been run through the wash and the memory card had been wiped clean, forensic investigators were able to recover photos from the camera taken on June 4, 2008—the last day Travis was seen alive. The pictures were mainly of Travis and Jodi in sexually provocative poses. But most disturbing were the last three photos retrieved from the memory card, taken just minutes after the sexual pictures, which showed Travis as he was being murdered.

“The deleted pictures were of Travis naked in the shower, just before his death,” Detective Flores wrote in the report. “One photo was of a male lying on his back with large amounts of blood around his neck and shoulders. The amount is consistent with the type of neck wound Travis sustained.”

In addition to the damming photos, all the physical evidence—fingerprints, blood, hair—pointed to Jodi Arias. In fact, the bloody palm print on the wall was later determined to be a combination of Travis’ blood mixed with Jodi’s, which investigators say not only connects her to the crime scene but to the crime itself.

On July 15, 2008, Jodi was arrested at her grandparents’ home in Yreka, California and charged with first-degree murder.

After her arrest, Jodi changed her story.

She admitted to police that on the day of Travis’ murder, she was headed on a road trip to Utah when she decided to stop and see Travis in Mesa. That evening, after engaging in some sort of sexual encounter, she said two people burst into Travis’ house, killed him and attempted to kill her. She claimed to have narrowly escaped but never reported the crime. A year later, Jodi again changed her story, now reportedly claiming to have killed Travis in self defense.

The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department didn’t respond to numerous requests for an inmate interview with Jodi Arias.

Meanwhile, Jodi remains behind bars without bail. The trial, which was originally scheduled to begin in August, was recently postponed until 2011. Due to the heinous nature of the crime, the state is seeking the death penalty.

Remembering Travis

It has been more than two years since Travis was found dead, and for many of his friends, it still seems surreal. Those who loved Travis continue to promote his legacy.

“We only live once. We don’t get another shot if we screw it up. Why not live life to the fullest?” Travis wrote on his blog a few months before his death. “It is my prayer that we live all the days of our lives… Then you can live an abundant fulfilling life without regret. A life that most are afraid to even dream about. I know that such a life exists—that it is intended for all of us.”

Travis’ loved ones take comfort in his memory living on in the peoples’ lives that he touched. Still, for Taylor Searle and many of Travis’ other friends and family, it remains a heart-wrenching thought to consider that he won’t have the opportunity to fulfill many of his life goals.

“He really wanted to be a force in the world for good. He had that dream, he believed it and I thought he really could have accomplished it,” Searle says. “Now he’s gone. When I think of things from a divine perspective, like if he was put on this earth for a reason, then that totally sucks that the world just got robbed of such a great person.”

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 Empty Re: 12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Eyes for LiesSM
An expert in deception

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Thoughts About Jodi Arias
by Eyes at 10:42 AM

Jodi Arias, in many ways, is an unremarkable woman. She is a soft-spoken woman with a gentle demeanor. Her words ebb and flow almost effortlessly, and she is quite confident in the story she tells. If you just watched her speak, without listening to the words, you'd think she was just having a casual conversation with someone about something inane, or something even slightly pleasing to her. Her story doesn't get remarkable until you hear what it is she is talking about, and then suddenly, everything becomes remarkable.

Here is a quick synopsis of a few my thoughts:
Arias' story clearly has one-in-a-million odds. What are the odds...

That two people would break into an apartment in the middle of the day, or late afternoon dressed in all black?

That they would kill one person, yet let the other go as a witness?

That you would leave a loved one mortally injured, and escape death yourself, but that you would never tell a soul nor ever call for help?

That as a victim, you wouldn't want justice?

That as a victim of violence, when approached by the police, you would deny everything, and then change your story, if you were truly almost killed at gunpoint by masked gunmen?

What are the odds that you'd forget about those masked gunmen after that night, never worry that they might know your identity or that they might come back to finish you off?

That an intruder would decide to use a victim's camera and take the time to shoot photos?

And then that they would take photos of the dying or dead body?

But strangely leave that camera behind in a washing machine (which shows the gunmen hoped to destroy the images)? What would be the point?

What intruder would even take the time to use a washing machine to remove the images, instead of taking the camera or the memory card with them?

What are the odds that a photographer might do this? Or that Arias might do this?

What are the odds the intruders or killers would pull the gun on Travis Alexander and it goes off, but when they pull it on Arias, it miraculously does not?

Arias also says at one point that the man walked her to Travis' bedroom and just left her there (without tying her up, etc). What killer or intruder would do that? Anyone know?

Almost every aspect of this case there are one-in-a-million odds, and each one by itself is incredible, but put them together, and it clearly supports that Arias is, statistically speaking, likely not being honest with us.

Arias' emotions are completely absent. When people experience trauma, their memory and emotions become deeply intertwined, and when they recount their story, their emotions always come flooding back. Yet Arias is an exception here. She faced a gun pointed at her forehead, and the trigger was even pulled, but no bullet came out. Yet amazingly, she has no emotional memories to match it. Mind you, Travis Alexander, her boyfriend, was not killed until June of 2008, so he hasn't even been dead a year yet when this interview took place. Arias doesn't show any true emotions outside of flickers of joy. Is it duper's delight? Or joy that she succeeded in putting Travis where she thought he belonged? What other joy could she be feeling after a man she loved was murdered?

Arias' details of the event are very sketchy and full of hedge words. Both of these raise alarm bells for me as well.
Arias: I heard... ah.... really loud, pop, and the next thing I remember, I was lying next to the bathtub and Travis was, um... screaming.

Arias: At that point, I...um...I sort of was just trying to come around and kind of orientate myself to what was going on," Jodi explains. "And I looked up and I just -- I saw two other individuals in the bathroom. And they were coming towards us.
Two other individuals? Is that how you would recall two people who attacked you? And the use of the word "other" is unusual as well. Also, if the intruders knocked Arias and Alexander down, or at least knocked her down and shot him, how come she recalls them both coming towards them again? It's unlikely two people will hit two others by hand or with a gun, move away and then come back again. It doesn't make sense.

"Jodi says Travis was alive when she fled his house." (48 Hours)
Arias: He was still sort of on his hands and knees, the whole time, until I ran from the room. That's the last that I saw him.
Notice the words "sort of" and how she finishes the sentence with "until"? Both of these words are unusual to me.
Arias: He pulled the trigger, and nothing happened with the gun, and so, I just grabbed my purse, which was on the floor at that point, and I ran down the stairs and out of there and I left [Travis] there. …I pushed past him and - and his gun, and I just didn't look back.
I find the words, "so", and "I just" here interesting, as well as her lack of emotional involvement in a supposedly horrific situation. I also find it interesting how she talks about her purse and qualifies its location, which was conveniently right at her feet at that point. How amazing is that? And if you notice, her story is not in the order of how things would naturally happen. She tells us she first ran down the stairs and out of there. Then she says she pushed past him and his gun. When people are deceptive, they often get their facts out of order like this.

When Arias says during the interview that the man led her to Travis' bedroom while the woman kept an eye on Travis, and just left her alone in Travis' bedroom, once he left, she says charged "her and she fell over him". Does this make any sense at all? It doesn't make sense on multiple levels. Try to envision it.

Arias' story shows indications that she is thinking as she speaks in these instances as well:
Arias : They were both taller than me, um...they were covered -- their hands, their gloves -- they had long-sleeved shirt on. They were in all black. He was wearing jeans. But they all -- they had ski masks on and I believe they were there to kill him, um...because they didn’t take anything...to my knowledge, there was nothing missing from the house.
I find it strange how she says "their hands, their gloves", how they had long-sleeve "shirt" on, and how she says "But they all--they had ski masks on." It's not a natural speech pattern for recollection.

Then Arias says, "They were in all black", but she then says the guy was wearing jeans. Jeans are typically blue. If they weren't blue, I would be surprised that she noticed, in this horrific event, that they were black denim. It's rather an odd clue for her to pick up on, unless, of course, she is creating this story.

I find it rather odd when she says, "I think they were there to kill him, because they didn't take anything." She immediately adds on an afterthought, which is common when people don't tell the truth..."to my knowledge, there was nothing missing from the house." How did she know that, if she ran out of the house and left Travis? Did the police tell her this? Either way, her speech pattern here is unusual.

Arias says, "He had some blood all over the floor." Isn't this somewhat of a contradiction? Some blood, yet it is all over the floor? Doesn't it usually take a lot of blood to be all over the floor?

I find it interesting when Arias says, "“I drove forever and ever, until I was in the middle of the desert." At which time, she tells us she called Travis twice and left him voice mail messages. Was she trying to create a record of her whereabouts so she could claim she was far away from Alexander that night? It makes absolutely no sense otherwise that she would call him at this point, and not call for help instead.

Arias shows several times that she is a master manipulator and liar. My response to that? When people show you who they are, trust them. Believe them.

Talking about her situation in the intro to 48 Hours, Arias says, "Sometimes life requires you to step out of your comfort zone a little bit....and that's kind of the reason why I am here right now." Arias is clearly manipulating why she is where she is--in jail right now.

Arias is not in jail right now awaiting a murder trial because "life required her to step out of her comfort zone". Give me a break. She is trying to paint a sweet portrait of herself. Notice the words "kind of"? That she doesn't talk about "murder"? How she uses other words instead of the word "sex" many times until later in the story? All of these behaviors are indicative that she is a manipulator.

When asked by 48 Hours if she confessed what she knew to police when they first interviewed her, Arias said, “No. I think I was wise enough to know that coming to him with that story at this point would be like implicating myself.”

Clearly, we can see Arias lied. She admits to it. She has no problem lying to people, if she feels it will suit her. An innocent person knows that lying will only cause problems to get worse. A liar? Well, lies are their only hope, aren't they?

Interestingly enough, she can't keep her facts straight, which is another indication of deception. When Arias is talking about the photographs police found, she says "I'm assuming it's the woman, because the pants were black. And the guy was wearing blue jeans.”

Obviously, Arias cannot keep her facts straight. This is total contradiction to her story above about how the intruders were dressed in "all black". (I found this after going back to get quotes in this case).

Jodi said she had to "try and remember that day" when the police found her. Don't you find that interesting? Most people would struggle to forget about it, because it would be so haunting. Why is it not haunting to Jodi?
Do I trust Jodi Arias? I do not. Not at all.

To me, though I am not an expert in psychology, Arias has the classic behaviors of a psychopath. I don't think it will take a jury very long to convict her and put her behind bars for life, or perhaps even give her the death penalty, to which Arias said, "“I know that I won't be the first person to be wrongly convicted, and possibly wrongly sentenced for either life in prison or the death penalty. Personally, if I had my choice, I would take the death penalty because I don't want to spend the rest of my life in prison.”

Have you ever seen an innocent person say, "You know what? If I am convicted, just give me the death penalty". It's totally absurd, as is Arias' story, if you want my opinion.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:17 pm

Jodi Ann Arias
This is 28-year-old Jodi Arias. On Her MySpace page, she describes herself as, among other things, tolerant, kind, compassionate and loving.

Travis Alexander (His MySpace), 30, her ex-boyfriend, was a motivational speaker. Travis was a very confident guy – his nickname for himself was T-Dog, for Top-Dog – but also professed to be into things like helping the homeless and saving the environment.

Travis was found dead in his shower on June 9, 2008. He was stabbed 27 or 28 times in the head, neck and torso. He was also shot in the head.

One of the most striking details that investigators noticed was that his throat had been slashed from ear to ear. His body had also been rinsed off in the shower. According to an autopsy report, Alexander’s cause of death was sharp force trauma to his neck and head.

Alexander’s cell phone was found in the downstairs office, with the last call made at 12:13 p.m. June 4. All calls after that went unanswered, including an important conference call he was scheduled to take part in. From that they were able to set his approximate time of death.

The last few moments of Travis Alexander’s life – before he was shot in the head and stabbed to death – were captured on the memory card of his own digital camera.

Although it had been run through the wash and nearly destroyed, the memory card’s eight snapshots told the story for Mesa, Arizona, police investigators of the final hours of the 30-year-old motivational speaker’s life.

There were pictures of his ex-girlfriend, Jodi Arias, lying naked on Alexander’s bed. There were also naked pictures of him posing in the shower. Oh, and there were two pictures of a person on the floor of the bathroom, bleeding heavily. I wonder who that could have been?

And best of all, each picture was electronically stamped with the time and date it was taken – June 4th, 2008. Lead Homicide Detective Esteban Flores said there were only minutes difference between the time the pictures of Travis were taken and the pictures of his dead body were taken.

Alexander’s body was found about five days after the photos were taken. His two roommates told police that they believed he had gone on a vacation to Mexico. They had been living in the apartment, unaware that his body lie locked in his room. A distinct odor coming from behind the locked door betrayed its location.

Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander had dated for a short time, and Jodi had even lived with Alexander for a few months, but the relationship ended because Jodi wanted to get married and Travis, a confirmed bachelor, was NOT interested.

After interviewing Alexander’s relatives and friends, investigators learned how Jodi Arias had stalked Travis.

Travis Alexander’s good friends, Chris and Sky Hughes, described their concerns about Jodi Arias:

“Whenever he came in town, he would stay at our house,” says Sky. “They would hang out. And we’d all go out to dinner and stuff.”

At first, everything was great. But as Sky began to spend more time with Jodi and Travis together, she realized that Jodi might be coming on too strong and too quick.

Sky says, “She was glued to him. If he moved [or] shifted, she shifted.” Chris describes Jodi’s expressions of affection in front of them as “a bit inappropriate.”
“Like, sucking on his ear, kissing his neck…” adds Sky. “Travis was not as into her as she was into him, and so she would come to me with her concerns.”

But the more questions Jodi had about Travis, the more questions Sky Hughes began to have about Jodi.

“[Sky] said, ‘I’m really uncomfortable with Jodi,” says Chris. “Something’s not right.

During one of their weekends together, after Jodi Arias had gone to bed, the Chris and Sky Hughes took Travis Alexander aside to express their concerns.

“We were just cautioning him and that went on for, what, an hour-and-a-half, two hours,” says Chris. “And then I just said, I’m like, ‘She’s out there listening,’” adds Sky. “She’s out there.”

At that moment, the couple says there was knock on the door. It was Jodi and she was not very happy about what she had apparently overheard.

“What really scared us was the look in her eye,” says Chris. “I mean, it shook me at my core. It was just this scary — almost an evil look in her eye that I’ve never seen before, or since.”

Chris says that one look was all he and Sky needed to lay down the law. “We made it very clear to Travis that if you continue with this relationship, you’re gonna have to do it at a distance from us,” he says. “Because she ain’t coming around our kids, she’s not coming around our house. This is not gonna be your meeting ground anymore.”

Once they broke off their relationship, Jodi would continue to hang around the house and even enter Travis’ home without his permission,” Arias’ arrest report says. “Jodi was described as being completely obsessed with Travis, by his family and his closest friends.”

Something I noticed while looking at Jodi’s MySpace page – she seems to admire a lot of the same people Travis did. it’s creepy, really, when you think about why SHE would want to meet a guy like Tony Robbins. Travis, a motivational speaker himself, yes, but Jodi? Check it out for yourself and see what I mean.

When police examined Alexander’s body, they found that his injuries showed that he tried to put up a fight. Investigators also noticed a shell casing in the bathroom, but no gun. When detectives took a closer look at Alexander’s bedroom, they discovered that his bedding was missing.

The blankets were later discovered downstairs in the laundry room, along with clothing and the camera. The bedding had been washed and was found in the dryer, the report shows.

Arias said she and Alexander dated from Feb. 2, 2007, until late June 2007 and that she broke up with him on June 29 and moved to California in April 2008. She says neither of them was interested in marriage, so she moved away to put some distance between them.

That’s not exactly true. She actually moved to California to follow Travis there when he had to relocate for a time. When he returned to Arizona, Jodi remained in California.

Police called Arias on June 10th, 2008 for an interview. She said she hadn’t seen Alexander since April, but admitted that they had been in a relationship and broke up due to jealousy issues they both had. She said that after the breakup, the pair continued a sexual relationship but kept it quiet from the people they knew, and that they had last spoken on the phone on June 3.

“Even after we broke up, we continued to be a little more than friends, but we tried to keep it a little clandestine,” Arias said.

Arias declined to discuss all the reasons police believe she killed Alexander, but said that while investigators’ evidence is “compelling enough,” it is purely “speculation.”

“None of it is solid proof that I committed a murder,” Arias said.

Arias said detectives told her that they found her DNA inside Alexander’s home, but said that her DNA “could’ve been found there just as easily as (Alexander’s)” since she spent a lot of time over there.

On June 17, Arias came to the Mesa Police Department and voluntarily gave fingerprints and saliva for DNA testing, according to Arias’ arrest report. Two days later, police uncovered the nude pictures and said they were able to “prove” that Arias was the last person to see Alexander before he died.

Arias again denied seeing Alexander. She said she left her home in Northern California on June 3 to drive to Salt Lake City for a conference. She said she was alone on the trip, which took more than two days, and was not in contact with anyone for 20 hours because her cell phone had run out of power.

She said that she reached Salt Lake City on June 5, participated in the last day of the conference and headed home.

June 5 was one day after the camera shows Arias nude on Alexander’s bed.

Finally, detectives examined the bloody palm print found on Alexander’s wall and said that it was shown to be Arias’ left palm and contained her DNA.

“This was conclusive evidence that Jodi was present at the time of Travis’ death, or at least at the time of his initial injury,” the arrest report says.

Chris Hughes has a theory about why Jodi killed Travis, and I like his logic. see what you think:

“We’d won a trip to Cancun. It’s all expenses paid,” says Chris. “He had asked another gal that he’d been seeing if she would go with him and she had agreed.”

They were scheduled to leave on that trip just days after Jodi’s visit; a fact that Chris believes may have pushed Jodi to extremes.

“I can see Travis being Travis and saying, ‘Look, you wanna show up at my house in the middle of the night and do this? Fine. But you’re not my girlfriend. I’ve made that clear. You’re never gonna be my girlfriend and I’m not taking you to Mexico. And I’m taking so and so to Mexico.’ And– wrong answer,” he says.

Jodi Arias has a different explanation for the murder. She has changed her story completely and now claims she was there, and that two men and a woman, all dressed in black from head to toe, broke into the apartment and killed Travis Alexander:

“They were both taller than me. They were covered — their hands, their gloves — they had long-sleeved shirts on. They were in all black. He was wearing jeans. But they all — they had ski masks on. I think they were there to kill him, because they didn’t take anything. To my knowledge, there was nothing missing from the house.”

But her account of her miraculous escape from death is, well, miraculous:

“He pulled the trigger. And nothing happened with the gun. And so, I just grabbed my purse, which was on the floor at that point, and I ran down the stairs and out of there and I left [Travis] there. …I pushed past him and – and his gun. And I just didn’t look back.”

It was an unbelievable getaway. Jodi jumped into her car and drove away with no one following her.

Jodi Arias was booked for 1st Degree Murder, Premeditated, charges at the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department jail, Friday, September 5th, 2008.

In an Aug. 29 jail interview with Arias, she denied killing Alexander and said that she is “very calm” and knows she is innocent.

Jodi Arias pleaded not guilty and is now incarcerated at the Estrella Jail in Phoenix, Arizona, awaiting her trial, which is scheduled to begin in February of 2010 (View Case Records).

Editor’s Note: Pretty arrogant, isn’t she?

The second mugshot I published of Jodi Arias tells us alot about her personality. Ah, Jodi, you’re in prison dear, you’re not posing for a high school yearbook picture. Jesus, what a piece of work. One website I visited, Courthouse Steps Mavens, called this photograph her “smugshot”.
This article has been sitting, unfinished, in the “Drafts” section of our website for almost a year. I hope admin doesn’t mind, but in my opinion it was just too good to go to waste, so I decided finish it, add the pictures, links and video and publish it. I signed off on it under my name because it doesn’t really resemble anything admin would do anymore – it’s just not up to his standards.

CLARIFICATION

Some of you have a question about the time and date stamp on the photos referred to in the story. The time stamp the police are talking about has nothing to do with the date and time you set yourself on a camera. Most people don’t know this, but there’s an internal clock inside the computer chip that controls the camera. It’s set at the factory and can’t be reset by the consumer – that’s the clock that stamped the date and time on the pictures in Travis’ camera. Sometimes I forget that not everyone has a head full of generally useless knowledge like I do.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:20 pm

FBI Profiler reacts to local cases

Posted: Jul 29, 2011 3:12 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 01, 2011 6:50 AM CDT
By Nicole Crites

FBI profiler Candice DeLong talked with CBS 5 about some prominent Valley cases as she prepares to launch her new season of "Deadly Women," on Investigation Discovery on Friday night.

She has worked some of the FBI's most memorable cases, from the Unabomber to taking-down terrorists and gangsters.

Now, she has focused her sights on women who kill.

We are a society fascinated by the drama of the motive and mystery of high profile murder cases. We just saw it play out with the Casey Anthony trial.

DeLong says, there is a definite distinction between male and female killers.

"When women kill, it's generally for different reasons and it's a different style than when men kill," DeLong says. "Women are more methodical, their crimes are more premeditated. They generally kill more quickly, the murder has a purpose and the purpose is to get rid of that person."

CBS 5 asked her about the 22 year old case of Phoenix mom, Debra Milke. Milke was convicted of masterminding a plan to have her toddler son murdered out in the desert, under some sort of ruse they were taking him to see Santa Claus. Milke is still trying to appeal from death row.

What's the psychology behind convicted killers like her?

"When children are murdered, at least in America, it was the parents who did it in 75 to 80 percent of the cases," DeLong says. "It's not to say all the times it was premeditated. Often times, it was involuntary manslaughter. But about 20 percent of the time, it was premeditated."

Another femme fatale case is about to start trial here in the valley.

Jodi Arias is accused of premeditated murder for killing a Mesa motivational speaker and entrepreneur.

Police say, they'd been dating on and off when she moved to town to be closer to him.

Despite damning evidence, police found pictures of his murder, time-stamped seconds after images of the two naked together in his home, she still insists on her innocence.

DeLong says, we shouldn't rush to judgment and follow the flock of people asking why the case is even going to court."I think we all said that about Casey Anthony too, so we need to watch out!"

"I would love to hear her explanation of how those photographs of them intimately engaged were so closely time stamped. It'll be fascinating to hear what her explanation, or her attorney's explanation of that is," DeLong says.

Arias first told police she was not involved, then said two people broke into his home, killed him and attacked her, then later changed her story a third time, saying she killed her ex in self-defense.

Prosecutors are going for the death penalty.

DeLong says she'd love to pick those cases apart in even more detail.

You can tune-in Friday nights for her expert take on the psychology and criminology behind some of the most fascinating female killers in America in Investigation Discovery's "Deadly Women."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:24 pm

48 Hours has apparently removed the hour long video on this case.

This girl is really something. What a horrible person she is. Notice in the first video how she is smiling and patting her face...just like Casey Anthony. affraid
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Trial has been delayed until October of 2012 because Jodi's defender has jumped ship!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Link, please??????????????? duct and run
Couldn't get the page to load. I heard this on CNN HLN.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm

OK. It's probably online somewhere. I have a google alert on her but haven't had the time to look.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:53 am

New trial date set for Arias

A Phoenix judge sets a new trial date for a woman accused of murdering her former boyfriend.

Jury selection for the trial of Jodi Arias was originally set to start in late February. It's being delayed after Arias' attorney withdrew from the case late last month. The judge set a new date of October 17, which gives a new public defender time to prepare.

Arias is accused in the 2008 death of Travis Alexander, whose body was found in the shower of his home in Mesa. Police say his throat was cut from ear to ear. He also had a gunshot wound to his face and 27 stab wounds all over his body.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:45 am

Nancy Grace Blog Video

This case has already been a rollercoaster ride from day one and the waiting of family and friends for justice must be unbearable.

Arias first told police that she wasn’t even in Arizona, but when her DNA and her palm print were confirmed at the scene, she quickly changed her story to it was a home invasion by a man and woman. After Travis was shot, she claims the gunman put the gun to her head, but it misfired. So, like any person scared out of their wits, she reached down and grabbed her purse off the floor and fled and drove for hours. Nope, she never called police or reported to anyone what had happened!

Next, Arias had letters allegedly written by Travis that purportedly showed he was abusive and in which he admitted to being a pedophile, electronically sent to the prosecutors. They were rejected as evidence after both the prosecution and defense determined they were forged.

Then, Arias informed the judge she wanted her attorneys tossed and she would represent herself even though she has no legal background and only completed school through eleventh grade! The judge kept the attorneys on as advisors for Arias.

Next ploy by Arias is that she had to kill Alexander in self-defense. She claims he grew enraged when she dropped his new camera and attacked her.

Finally, on December 23, Arias’ death penalty qualified public defender, Victoria Washington, withdrew from the case. Jennifer Willmott, a death penalty-qualified defense attorney has until October 17 to get up to speed with this topsy-turvy case.

Oh, and Travis Alexander’s camera and bed sheets were run through the wash. Police were able to recover two sets of photos from the memory card – one set are provocative photos of Alexander as well as nude photos of Arias, the other set shows a bleeding and dying Travis Alexander on the bathroom floor!

With all the evidence, seems to me, self-defense will be a pretty hard sell – seeing Arias on the stand trying to explain self-defense will be jaw dropping, I’m sure!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:10 am

Jodi Arias, Accused Of Stabbing Ex-Boyfriend 27 Times, Will Face Death Penalty

First Posted: 02/10/2012 5:15 pm Updated: 02/10/2012 5:17 pm

Jodi Ann Arias, the California woman accused of brutally killing her ex-boyfriend, will face the death penalty when her case goes to trial later this year, an Arizona judge has decided.

Judge Sherry Stephens denied a defense motion Thursday in which defense lawyers requested the death penalty be removed as a punishment option for Arias. The 31-year-old photographer is accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him multiple times, and slitting his throat.

The defense had argued that Arias should not face death because she had not planned to kill Alexander. His death was an act of self-defense, her attorneys argued.

While Stephens denied the motion regarding the death penalty, she did grant a separate motion, prohibiting witnesses from hearing the testimony of other witnesses when the case goes to trial.

Alexander, a 30-year-old motivational speaker and insurance salesman from Mesa., Ariz., was found dead on June 9, 2008. Friends found Alexander's naked body inside his standup shower, and advanced decomposition suggested he had been dead for several days.
Authorities ultimately determined Alexander had been shot in the right brow with a .25-caliber gun and stabbed 27 times before his throat was cut from ear to ear.

Arias initially denied any involvement in the slaying. When police used DNA and other physical evidence to place her at the crime scene she admitted she was present when Alexander was murdered, but said his death occurred during a home invasion. Arias now claims she was a victim of domestic violence who killed him in self-defense.

Originally slated to begin on Feb. 21, Arias trial was delayed because Arias' lawyer, Victoria Washington, asked to withdraw from the case. Jennifer Willmott, a death penalty-qualified defense attorney, has since been assigned to represent Arias.

Stephens has set Oct. 17 as the date jury selection will begin.

READ THE LATEST COURT DOCUMENTS IN THE CASE:

The CNN video is a Must-See!! IMHO, she is another Casey Anthony. Electric Chair
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:22 am

No way was this self defense. Stabbing someone 27 times is not self defense. I agree with you wrap this chick is crazy3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 Empty Jodi Arias' attorneys move to bar evidence

Post by Wrapitup Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:52 pm

By Graham Winch
updated 4:31 PM EDT, Fri September 07, 2012

Jodi Arias is accused of killing her ex-boyfriend in Arizona
Defense: Her attitude could hurt sentencing if convicted

Jodi Arias will go on trial later this year for the death of her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander, but her attorneys are already worried about evidence that may indicate a lack of remorse in the alleged killing. Attorneys say the evidence may hurt her chances in court.

In June 2008, Alexander's roommates found his mutilated body in a shower at his Mesa, Arizona, home. Alexander, a Mormon motivational speaker, was found with his throat slit from ear to ear. According to police, he’d been shot in the face and was stabbed 27 times.

Prosecutors say Arias killed Alexander after he decided to distance himself from their sexual relationship.

Arias has given authorities several stories about Alexander's death. First, she said she wasn’t with him when he was killed. But police found a camera at the scene showing Arias and Alexander in suggestive poses, along with photos of Alexander’s dead body.

Later, Arias said two intruders killed Alexander. Now, she’s saying she killed him in self-defense because he got violent with her.

Arias is facing the death penalty, and jury selection for her trial begins November 19.

Arias’ attorneys argued during a pre-trial hearing Thursday that prosecutors shouldn’t be allowed to bring up evidence that could be construed as a lack of remorse on her part. It could mean a harsher sentence if she’s found guilty.

Judge Sherry Stephens said she wouldn’t rule on that now, saying the issue is premature because Arias has not been found guilty.

Also Thursday, defense attorneys asked prosecutors to turn over Arias’ computer hard drive so they can conduct their own independent testing on it. They also complained that prosecutors weren’t being forthcoming in turning over evidence, because they have not given the defense access to the contents of the hard drive.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez explained that the delay was because the hard drive was damaged and an outside firm had to examine it for potential evidence. (Wonder if she "damaged" it).

Martinez says his team is still waiting for the examination and would turn over to the defense the hard drive and the firm’s report when everything is complete. It is still unclear what the hard drive could reveal.

There will be at least two more hearings -- September 24 and October 16 -- before the trial begins.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 Empty Jodi Arias/Fatal Attraction/Stalker/Murderess

Post by Wrapitup Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:29 am

Posted on September 23, 2012
Remember this name, Jodi Arias

I just finished reading about Jodi Arias and the information I garnered was chilling. When you combine a ‘fatal attraction’ with ‘stalking’, it only spells one thing, trouble.

You may find a lot of similarities in this case with one that we were obsessed with for over three years. A young, attractive, woman with an outgoing personality does not fit a cold, callous, calculating murderess who would premeditate a vicious murder. Was the motive, “if I cannot have him, I am going to make sure that no one else will have the chance?”

An Arizona judge has set a new trial date for Jodi Ann Arias, a California woman accused of brutally killing her ex-boyfriend. Tuesday morning, Judge Sherry Stephens set Oct. 17 as the date jury selection will begin.

Originally slated to begin on Feb. 21, the trial has been delayed because Arias’ lawyer, Victoria Washington, asked to withdraw from the case.

During today’s case-management hearing, Stephens appointed Jennifer Willmott, a death penalty-qualified defense attorney, to represent Arias. Willmott will have roughly 10 months to get up to speed on the case.

Travis Alexander had a blog. I just read one of his posts. He was decribing why he was not married and what he expected in a wife , if he ever found the right girl. I can fully understand why Jodi Arias tried to fit that bill and challenged him to choose her. You can tell by her actions, that she thinks highly of herself. When Travis Alexander rejected Jodi’s advances, this is when she did the unthinkable. You may find the following quite interesting….

Here is just one excerpt…People fall in love for too many reasons to count. Usually it is a combination of reasons. But I want someone to fall in love with me because I am a man of ability and achievement. Not because I have a lot of friends (not saying I do) but for the reason people want to befriend me, not because I have tons of money (not saying I do) but because I have the ability to earn a ton of money. Not because of my accomplishments but because I am a man of accomplishment. In fact I wouldn’t want to marry anyone if they loved me and these were not at least some of the reasons why.

Travis Alexander’s Blog

Jodi Arias is charged with shooting and stabbing her ex-boyfriend to death in his Mesa, Arizona, home in 2008. Prosecutors say the 31-year-old went to Travis Alexander’s home, shot him in the face, stabbed him 27 times and slit his throat from ear to ear.

Some of his closest friends found Alexander’s body in his shower. Taylor Searle told Jane Velez-Mitchell that he immediately suspected Jodi of the murder. “That was the first thing to my mind is that, ‘oh my gosh, Jodi actually killed him.’”

Searle described a confrontation between Arias and Alexander just days before his murder. “He had caught her breaking into his Facebook account, and he read back to me his response to her, and it was a pretty harsh response,” he said. “I just remember my response to him was, ‘are you afraid she’s going to hurt you?’ and four days, five days later, he goes missing and then we find him dead.”

Arias initially told investigators that she wasn’t at the home. Then she changed her story, saying two people broke into the house and attacked them. Finally in June 2010, Arias admitted to killing her ex out of self defense, according to court documents.

Police say they found a camera in Travis’ washing machine that had two sets of photos: a series of nude shots of Jodi and Travis together, and photos of a bloody Travis as he reportedly lay dying.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:29 am

Jodi Arias is freakin' nuts. I've seen a couple interviews with her and I think she believes her own lies.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:54 am

Most definitely!! And, I LOVED what Pat Brown had to say....usually do.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 Empty Re: Jodi Arias Case: Trial delayed until Oct 2012 due to Jodi's defender jumping ship

Post by raine1953 Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:05 am

Jodi Ann Arias's trial to begin October 17th.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 Empty Victim's sister: Jodi Arias deserves death/Sister of man allegedly killed by Jodi Arias speaks to HLN about upcoming trial.

Post by Wrapitup Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:26 am

By Graham Winch
updated 9:58 AM EDT, Thu September 27, 2012
IMAGE CREDIT: TANISHA SORENSON
Brother & Sister: Tanisha Sorenson says her brother Travis Alexander is her inspiration: “Travis was an amazing person and a great example for me."

Editor's note: On November 19, Jodi Arias is scheduled to stand trial for the murder of her ex-boyfriend, Travis Alexander. She says she killed him in self-defense. Alexander's sister, Tanisha Sorenson answered some questions in an email exchange with HLNTV/In Session multimedia producer Graham Winch.

Tanisha Sorenson wants the woman who is accused of killing her brother to pay the ultimate price.

"I know this might sound creepy, but I hope to get to watch her die someday after she's on death row. Even if it's in 20 years from now, the death penalty is what she deserves, though she most likely won't get it and instead will get some life sentence," said Sorenson in an email to HLN.

Jodi Arias has said that she killed Alexander, who was her ex-boyfriend, in self-defense because he got violent with her. Arias will go on trial in November for Alexander's death. She faces the death penalty if convicted.

In June, 2008, Alexander's roommates found his mutilated body in a shower at his Mesa, Arizona, home. Alexander, a Mormon motivational speaker, was found with his throat slit from ear to ear. According to police, he'd also been shot in the face and stabbed 27 times. Prosecutors say Arias killed Alexander after he decided to distance himself from their sexual relationship.

Sorenson says she wants Arias' trial to begin without any more delays.

"I pray and hope this trial isn't delayed again and it actually does start jury selection Nov. 19, but I won't be surprised if it is delayed, just because it's been delayed so much. It will all be worth it when this evil person is convicted," said Sorenson.

Authorities say Arias has given several stories about Alexander's death. First, Arias said she wasn't with him when he was killed, but police say they found a camera at the scene showing Arias and Alexander in suggestive poses, along with photos of Alexander's body.

Later, Arias said two intruders killed Alexander. Now, she's saying she killed him in self-defense because he got violent with her.

"I mean she really thought she wasn't going to get caught and messed up too many times. She thinks she can be that cunning and charming that she'll be able to have a jury believe her after all this, that she can play the self-defense card after all her previous stories didn't work out for her," said Sorenson.

HLN has reached out to Arias' attorneys for a comment regarding these allegations. Our calls were not immediately returned.

The defense had argued that Arias should not face death because she had not planned to kill Alexander and his death was an act of self-defense.

Despite the hate and anger she feels toward Arias, Sorenson is full of love for her brother.

"Travis was an amazing person and a great example for me. His death was so hard for me, we are the closest in age. After his death, I decided to become a better person and become active in our church and am thankful for the Gospel in which brings some peace to my heart and mind knowing that I will see my brother, my parents, and eternal family again someday. I look forward to the day I get to give him a great big hug," said Sorenson.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:34 am

A video of Tanisha's wedding celebration is on YouTube

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:43 am

Ahhhh. This poor girl!!

This is one trial I am really looking forward to! Jodi is a complete psychopath, just like TMLS.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:52 am

And I don't blame the victim's sister one little bit for wanting the death penalty for his killer and if she wants to watch her put to death, then she should be allowed to. MOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 Empty Victim's sister: Jodi Arias smiles at me in court

Post by Wrapitup Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 Empty Victim's siblings in Jodi Arias case speak out.

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:39 pm

Editor's note: This is the first of a two-part interview with the family of slaying victim Travis Alexander. Tuesday, Alexander’s siblings will tell In Session's Beth Karas why they believe Jodi Arias deserves the death penalty.

Travis Alexander's siblings say they both immediately suspected that Jodi Arias, their brother's former girlfriend, was involved in his murder.

Arias is charged in the 2008 slaying of Alexander, whom she used to date. She is accused of slitting his throat, shooting him in the head, and stabbing him 27 times.

Watch this video to see Steven Alexander and Tanisha Sorenson, Travis Alexander's brother and sister, talk with In Session's Beth Karas about how they found out about their brother's death.

Arias’ attorneys will be in court Tuesday for a hearing.

Arias' murder trial is scheduled to begin November 19. She claims that she killed Alexander in self-defense.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

12-29-2011 ~ 2-11-2013/ Jodi Arias trial:32-year-old accused of shooting her lover, Travis Alexander, in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread # 1 Empty Jodi Arias seeks to postpone trial -- again

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:58 pm

By Carol Gantt
updated 5:24 PM EDT, Thu October 25, 2012

Woman is accused of killing her ex-boyfriend in Arizona
Defense wants more time to examine evidence
The murder trial is set to start November 19

Jodi Arias is seeking to have her murder trial continued for the seventh time. Shades of TMLS.

Her defense team is requesting a six-week delay to conduct private testing on a laptop hard drive. Their expert needs more time to examine the evidence.

Court documents say the hard drive contains text messages and pictures of Arias and the victim, Travis Alexander.

In June, 2008, Alexander's roommates found his mutilated body in his shower at his Mesa, Arizona, home. Alexander, a Mormon motivational speaker, was found with his throat slit from ear to ear. According to police, he'd also been shot in the face and stabbed 27 times. Prosecutors say Arias killed Alexander after he decided to break off their sexual relationship.

Authorities say Arias has given several stories about Alexander's death. Initially, Arias told police she wasn't with him when he was killed. Then Arias said two intruders killed Alexander.

Police say they found a camera at the scene showing Arias and Alexander in suggestive poses, along with photos of Alexander's dead body.

Now, Arias is saying she killed him in self-defense because he got violent with her.

She could face the death penalty if convicted.

The defense has argued Arias should not face death because she didn’t plan to kill Alexander.

The trial is set for November 19.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:13 pm

Jodi Arias' trial is set to begin Mon, Nov 26, instead of Nov 19 as previously scheduled.

There is a chance the trial could be pushed back yet again, as the judge still hasn't ruled on the defense's request for a continuance.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:07 am

Jodi Arias trial gets one week delay -- for now

By Carol Gantt
updated 7:12 PM EST, Tue November 13, 2012

Woman is accused of killing her ex-boyfriend in Arizona
The murder trial is now set to start November 26
Defense wants more time to examine evidence

Alleged killer Jodi Arias’ trial is being pushed back at least a week.

At a hearing Tuesday, Judge Sherry Stephens moved the start date from November 19 to November 26. The judge has not ruled on the defense team’s request for a six-week delay. Arias’ lawyers say their expert needs more time to examine a laptop hard drive.

Court documents say the hard drive contains text messages between and pictures of Arias and the victim, Travis Alexander.

In June 2008, Alexander's roommates found his mutilated body in his shower at his Mesa, Arizona, home. Alexander, a Mormon motivational speaker, was found with his throat slit from ear to ear. According to police, he'd also been shot in the face and stabbed 27 times. Prosecutors say Arias killed Alexander after he decided to break off their sexual relationship.

Authorities say Arias has given several stories about Alexander's death. Initially, Arias told police she wasn't with him when he was killed. Then she said two intruders killed Alexander.

Police say they found a camera at the scene showing Arias and Alexander in suggestive poses, along with photos of Alexander's dead body.

Now, Arias is saying she killed Alexander in self-defense because he got violent with her.

She faces the death penalty if she’s convicted.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:58 am

Photo tiff postpones trial over 2008 killing

By Michael Kiefer
The Republic | azcentral.com
Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:22 PM

Jodi Arias, 32, was supposed to go on trial Monday involving the 2008 murder of her boyfriend Travis Alexander.

In early June 2008, Alexander, 30, was found in the shower of his Mesa home with his throat slit, 27 stab wounds and a gunshot wound to the face. Police found a camera in the home’s washing machine, and the memory card revealed naked photos of Alexander and Arias taken the day of the murder as well as photos of Alexander’s dead body.

More than a month later, Arias was arrested at her parents’ home in Northern California and charged with murder. If convicted, she could be sentenced to die.

In part because of the salacious photos, the brutality of the murder and Arias’ willingness to talk to reporters until her lawyers asked her to stop, the case has been covered nationally.

But the trial has been delayed because defense and prosecuting attorneys are fighting over tens of thousands of photographs on the hard drive of Arias’ computer.

On Monday, over the objections of the prosecutor, Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Sherry Stephens pushed jury selection in the trial to Dec. 10 to allow the defense time to analyze the photos. With the upcoming holidays, Stephens said, testimony in the case likely won’t begin before the new year.

Police and prosecutors have been in possession of the computer since Arias’ arrest, but there were questions about whether it could be accessed because it was supposedly broken.

In April, Arias’ defense attorneys, Kirk Nurmi and Jennifer Willmott, asked prosecutor Juan Martinez to let them find their own experts to try to access the computer. The computer was turned over to them May 31. The prosecution was able to retrieve three-fourths of the computer’s content, but it was provided to the defense only on Nov. 5.

The two sides have debated postponing the trial for weeks because of the computer findings. Martinez has repeatedly said that the computer has been available for four years and that it has nothing new on it. He has been pushing to start the trial.

Nurmi and Willmott say that additional images from the hard drive illuminate the relationship between Alexander and Arias.

Arias has changed her story, first saying that she was not guilty and that other people killed Alexander. According to current court arguments, Nurmi and Willmott say that Arias killed Alexander in self-defense after their relationship became abusive. Some national media outlets have painted Arias as a stalker and “a temptress” who lured Alexander to his death, Nurmi said in court Monday.

Among the digital evidence found by the defense attorneys are a video of Alexander baptizing Arias into the Mormon faith and nude photos of Alexander and Arias. Martinez said the images found on the hard drive are nothing new.

Willmott disagreed, saying that the newly discovered photos show Alexander initiating abusive behavior much earlier in the relationship.

Stephens pushed the trial back three weeks instead of the two months requested by the defense attorneys.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:27 am

Will the Jodi Arias trial be delayed again?

By Graham Winch
updated 10:06 AM EST, Tue December 04, 2012

Jodi Arias is accused of killing her ex-boyfriend in Arizona
He was shot in the face and stabbed 27 times, police say

Are Jodi Arias' lawyers conceding guilt?

Jodi Arias: Cold-blooded killer or innocent victim?

After more than four years, a hearing in the Jodi Arias murder trial Tuesday could determine whether jury selection will begin December 10. The trial has been delayed multiple times since Arias was arrested in July 2008.

The latest delays have centered around a laptop hard drive that court documents say contains pictures of Arias and the victim, Travis Alexander. Arias’ defense attorneys are requesting more time to examine the hard drive for relevant evidence.

In June 2008, Alexander's roommates found his mutilated body in his shower at his Mesa, Arizona, home. Alexander, who was known among his friends as a strong Mormon and a motivational speaker, was found with his throat slit from ear to ear. According to police, he'd also been shot in the face and stabbed 27 times. Prosecutors say Arias killed Alexander after he decided to break off their sexual relationship.

Authorities say Arias has given several stories about Alexander's death. Initially, Arias told police she wasn't with him when he was killed. Then, she said two intruders killed Alexander.

Now, Arias is saying she killed Alexander in self-defense because he got violent with her. She faces the death penalty if she’s convicted.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:52 am

I cannot wait for this trial to start. She is the epitome of TMLS hands down.

A camera in the washing machine???? confused
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Jodi Arias trial: Valley woman allegedly shot, stabbed boyfriend Travis Alexander

Posted: 12/09/2012
Last Updated: 8 hours and 15 minutes ago
By: Steve Irvin
MESA, AZ - In a case that sounds like a Hollywood movie, a Valley woman allegedly carried out an unbelievably violent crime after a day filled with steamy sex -- and all of it may have been caught on tape.

Jodi Arias' MySpace page seems frozen in time, with pictures of her and one-time boyfriend, Travis Alexander, scattered throughout the page. The pictures are from happier times, documenting their travels together and their intense, even obsessive relationship lasting five months in 2006 and 2007.

There are no indications Arias has spent more than four years in jail, no signs of the brutal killing which ended Alexander's life, no indications of the trial starting Monday which will ultimately determine whether Jodi Arias lives or dies.

The two met at a conference more than six years ago. Arias said there was an instant connection. They talked on the phone each night, and court records indicate the two exchanged 82,000 emails. Alexander was a Mormon, and Arias was so taken with him, she was baptized into the LDS church.

Alexander's family told ABC 15, Arias took his virginity, and that she was obsessed with sex. After their relationship ended, the sexual relationship continued.
On June 9, 2008, Arias allegedly came to Alexander's home in Mesa. They had sex, and took explicit photos of each other, according to court records.

Alexander took a shower, and prosecutors say Arias took a picture of him, then pointed a .22 caliber handgun at his head and pulled the trigger. Court records indicate Alexander remained conscious. Arias then allegedly stabbed him, repeatedly.

He suffered 27 stab wounds in all, and records indicate some of those wounds were "defensive." The fatal wounds, according to court records, a deep stab wound to the chest, and a wound which went clear across his neck.

"I would never hurt Travis," Arias told ABC 15 shortly after her arrest. The soft-spoken, attractive 29-year-old took the unusual step of holding a jailhouse news conference after she was extradited from California. At first, she denied even being at the home.

Police would find a camera with the nude photos in a washing machine at Alexander's home, an apparent attempt to destroy the contents of the SD card inside. The pictures, however, remained intact. Court records indicate the camera may have even "inadvertently" captured an image of the attack itself.

DNA evidence was found at the scene, and a fingerprint matched to Arias.

When confronted with the findings, Arias changed her story, saying she was indeed at the home, but acted in self defense.

Arias' demeanor stands in sharp contrast to the brutality of the crime. She has conducted at least two media interviews since her arrest, and has always calmly denied her role in the crime, professing a strong faith in God. Arias was even the winner of a jailhouse Christmas caroling contest two years ago, telling the media she was happy her efforts would benefit charitable causes. Alexander's family says that demeanor masks a much darker, more obsessive side.
"It makes me sick," said Alexander's brother, Steven. "I ask people not to buy into the sweet, innocent persona she puts on."

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty, for what they see as a cold-blooded killing, and a defendant with no remorse. More than four years after the crime, Arias is now on her third legal defense team. At one point, she even wanted to represent herself.

The trial has been continued and delayed by countless motions. In one of them, her lawyers seek to suppress a statement she made in an interview, saying, "no jury will ever convict me."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:20 am

Jury selections slated for Mesa boyfriend slaying

Posted: Dec 10, 2012 12:07 PM CST
Updated: Dec 10, 2012 6:14 PM CST
By Kelly Hessedal, FOX 10 News - bio

PHOENIX -
Jury selection began Monday in the murder trial of a Mesa woman accused of brutally murdering her ex-boyfriend.

Police say Jodi Arias shot, stabbed, and slit the throat of motivational speaker Travis Alexander.

Monday, both sides started the process of whittling down a very large pool of potential jurors.

Today we heard from all sorts of people, including a makeup artist, a mortgage company owner, and a single mom who could potentially decide the fate of Jodi Arias.

It's a case that made national headlines. Jodi Arias is now 31 years old. She's accused of stabbing her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander 27 times -- shooting him in the face -- and slitting his throat.

His body was found inside his east Mesa home back in June of 2008.

We interviewed Arias from behind bars that year. In a soft-spoken voice, she told us she's innocent.

"I've done many things that are shameful but this is not one of them. I would be shaking in my boots right now if I had to answer to God for such a heinous crime," Arias said four years ago.

Prosecutors say they have some very strong evidence in the case against her, including a digital camera card containing intimate photographs of the couple taken before the murder. One on a bed, another in the shower.

Minutes later, on the same card, there are bloody pictures of the 30-year-old after he had been killed.

Police also found a bloody palm print matching both Arias' and Alexander's DNA.

His friends had always suspected Arias was responsible for his death. They say she was obsessed with him.

"I didn't commit murder, I didn't hurt Travis, I would never hurt Travis," Arias said.

If convicted Arias could get the death penalty.

Jury selection is expected to last for 2 weeks. The trial is scheduled to begin January 2.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next