Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Zimmerman's lawyer to seek up to $300,000 from state

Go down

George Zimmerman's lawyer to seek up to $300,000 from state Empty George Zimmerman's lawyer to seek up to $300,000 from state

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:50 pm

By Amanda Evans, Reporter
Last Updated: Tuesday, August 27, 2013, 5:59 PM

ORLANDO --
Lawyers for George Zimmerman are preparing to ask the state of Florida to cover $200,000 to $300,000 of his legal expenses.

"I just think it's patently unfair that the state, by overcharging the case that they could not prove at trial, gets to cost either Mr. Zimmerman or me or the donors a whole bunch of money and they're not responsible for it," said O'Mara.

Because Zimmerman was acquitted, Florida law allows for the defendant to recoup some expenses in the case. Our Legal Analyst Mark NeJame says it's unlikely.

"I think the chances of Mark O'Mara getting $300,000 are about as good as him sprouting wings and flying to the courthouse. It's just not going to happen," NeJame said. ROFLMAO ROFLMAO 

Florida's law says limits the expenses that can be paid back.

It's basically down to law enforcement fees and court reporters. It doesn't include the $400 an hour legal fee O'Mara charges or the expert witnesses brought in to testify.

"The statute severely limits what you're allowed to get even if your client is acquitted," said NeJame.

Zimmerman was acquitted in July of all charges, including second-degree murder, in the 2012 shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford. His murder trial lasted five weeks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

George Zimmerman's lawyer to seek up to $300,000 from state Empty Re: George Zimmerman's lawyer to seek up to $300,000 from state

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:53 pm

I'll tell you what..Florida..especially Orlando..is something else! Perfect place to file for bankruptcy..try to recoup attorney fees if your client is found 'innocent'...get away w/perjury..get away w/killing your child..it's mind boggling! MOO!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down