Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juvenile sexual assault is 'heartrending'

4 posters

Go down

Juvenile sexual assault is 'heartrending' Empty Juvenile sexual assault is 'heartrending'

Post by Guest Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:02 am

With four Phoenix, Arizona, boys ages 9 to 14 charged with sexual assault on an 8-year-old girl, a prosecutor vowed Thursday his office will "seek justice for the young victim in this heartrending situation." According to Phoenix police, the girl was lured to a storage shed at an apartment complex on July 16. The four boys, who had offered the girl chewing gum, allegedly restrained and sexually assaulted her. At a news conference about the case Wednesday, police did not release any information on the girl's condition, but officers called the case one of the worst they have investigated in many years. The victim and the boys charged are all from refugee families that have come to the United States from the war-torn West African nation of Liberia, police said. Detectives said the girl was placed in the custody of Phoenix child protective services after the attack because of her parents' attitude toward her. "The parents felt that they had been shamed or embarrassed by their child," Phoenix police Sgt. Andy Hill said.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Juvenile sexual assault is 'heartrending' Empty Re: Juvenile sexual assault is 'heartrending'

Post by CritterFan1 Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:05 am

Could it get any worse for her? To have lived thru what has gone on in liberia and then being shunned by her family after a group rape. The poor little girl.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Juvenile sexual assault is 'heartrending' Empty Re: Juvenile sexual assault is 'heartrending'

Post by Juanita Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:22 am

my bf thinks the parents should be indicted for child neglect
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:24 am

The Parents should never get her back. They make me sick.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:43 pm

The parents of the little girl feel SHAMED! I wonder what the parents of the boys are feeling. PRIDE? What is wrong with these parents that they shun their daughter? Oh yeah.. right! I forgot.. THIS is their culture. Makes me sick that people who come here drag their CULTURE along with them. What a horrible way for a little girl to have to gain release from this culture.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:46 pm

Thanks for posting Marica. Welcome to Victims Heartland. We hope you post often your thoughts are always welcome.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:06 pm

The parents should NEVER be allowed to have even limited access to their daughter, esp. unsupervised. They would most likely kill her instantly as an "honor" killling. If the boys have moved here recently, I am going out on a limb here saying that this is a way of life for them. This is what they would probably see happen on a daily basis in W. Africa. I hope the boys can be rehabilitated, I would say that they could stand a good chance of one day being a responsible citizen once they are taught how to behave. Even if they were born in the US, I think that the boys parents should be looked at closely... what are they teaching their kids that they would even THINK to do something like this at such a young age... I have a boy that age that is oblivious to things of that nature... as it should be.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:56 pm

I was listening to this Thursday on HLN. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. How can any family shun their daughter this way? Culture be damned!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:45 am

I received an email from and old friend and former classmate today. His son is headed from Colorado back to our home state where he will attempt to gain custody of his two small daughters. The girls were being sexually abused by their mother and her new husband. Neighbors witnessed this one night when they left a window open and lights on. My fury... This young man and his parents are being forced to spend a lot of money to gain custody of the children. WHAT, is wrong with a society that has laws to protect children, and yet when wrongs are done, those who will provide for and protect these innocent children, MUST hire a lawyer and not only fight the person abusing the children but also the system designed to protect them. These children were removed from the abusive environment and taken to another state to be placed in foster care, so the Father and his parents were required to retain TWO attorneys.
Seems to me our system for protecting children needs some serious overhauling.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:54 am

"The parents should NEVER be allowed to have even limited access to their daughter",
So very true... My Doctor told me recently... Anyone who chooses to come to the United States and make their home here should be REQUIRED to leave their culture behind, and accept the ways of our country. He further states this is why our country is such a mess, because we have allowed far too many cultures to thrive here. I have much doubt counseling the boys will change them. There is hope for the little girl if she is placed in an environment were she will never again be subjected to the beliefs of her family and their culture.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:56 am

Marcia, good to see you here! Welcome!

Are you telling me that the Mother was also sexually abusing her own daughters? It doesn't get any worse than that! It seems that the courts these days are all about red tape when it comes to anything anymore; but when it comes to innocent children, the court systems all across America need to step up to the plate and completely change their system.

This is very, very sad!!! I pray this father gets custody! I am sure he will, but he may be broke doing it. This is so unfair and un-just!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:59 am

Marica wrote:"The parents should NEVER be allowed to have even limited access to their daughter",
So very true... My Doctor told me recently... Anyone who chooses to come to the United States and make their home here should be REQUIRED to leave their culture behind, and accept the ways of our country. He further states this is why our country is such a mess, because we have allowed far too many cultures to thrive here. I have much doubt counseling the boys will change them. There is hope for the little girl if she is placed in an environment were she will never again be subjected to the beliefs of her family and their culture.
Agreed. This type of cultural upbringing has been in place since day one with these boys!! Let's hope this girl gets all the care she needs. Can you imagine how confused she must be? My heart goes out to her!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:31 pm

My friend and former class mate wrote: "This next week (name omitted) goes to Iowa for the custody trial for his little girls. His ex and her present husband were sexually abusing the girls and one night left the shades up. A neighbor called the cops and social services took the girls and put them in a foster home in Michigan" So, I take it that the Mother was involved. I am so sick about this. HOW can a Mother do this sort of thing? I want to see our JUDICIAL services, NATION wide, be changed so that there is a Division for CHILDREN ONLY! Where the rights of the child are addressed. My children's step sister was a social worker in Nebraska and she QUIT her job when her department began preparations to reunite a little boy with his father upon his completion of a prison term. Time was served for ... SEXUAL ABUSE OF THE LITTLE BOY!!!!! There is NO JUSTICE for children!
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:45 pm

Marica wrote:My friend and former class mate wrote: "This next week (name omitted) goes to Iowa for the custody trial for his little girls. His ex and her present husband were sexually abusing the girls and one night left the shades up. A neighbor called the cops and social services took the girls and put them in a foster home in Michigan" So, I take it that the Mother was involved. I am so sick about this. HOW can a Mother do this sort of thing? I want to see our JUDICIAL services, NATION wide, be changed so that there is a Division for CHILDREN ONLY! Where the rights of the child are addressed. My children's step sister was a social worker in Nebraska and she QUIT her job when her department began preparations to reunite a little boy with his father upon his completion of a prison term. Time was served for ... SEXUAL ABUSE OF THE LITTLE BOY!!!!! There is NO JUSTICE for children!

What :?: :?: :?: I believe you I have witnessed this kind of justice. I don't care what it cost people that commit crimes against kids or the elderly should never ever be let out in to civilization. That poor little boy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:28 pm

Sometimes I have to wonder, Is it just me? I have had too may personal experiences with the system. Two years ago, my Great Grand Daughter died at age 7 months. She was a beautiful happy little girl. A wonderful baby. Her mother, (not blood relation to me) was and is a drug user. She left Lexi in the care of her sister in law who is also a known user. Lexi died of severe bronchial distress. Just stopped breathing. There was an investigation. Local city/county LE, and State Criminal Investigators. Lexi's case is still open... I think LE is waiting to connect the dots. Some day there will be a way to prove there was something in that house that caused her little lungs to shut down.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:33 pm

Marcia, how heartbreaking. This poor little angel did not deserve to die. Could they have been smoking crack?? My prayers are with you and your family. :littleangel:
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:46 pm

THEY, could have been smoking ANYTHING... I wonder if they were making METH... My ANGER.. my Rage... is two years old and stronger than ever... How may I share Lexi's pic with you? I need to keep her memory alive?
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:01 pm

Marica wrote:"The parents should NEVER be allowed to have even limited access to their daughter",

yeah i agree, but remember, this isnt a cultural tradition!! this is a human rights issue!!! this country certainly wouldnt let any "cultural tradition" to occur willy nilly, we would have alot of new cultures created!! they are in the US now they have to abide by US laws. The only cultural tradtion that i can think of that is against the law is the use of peyote and hallucinogens by american indians. this is limited to their religious holidays though. Im not well versed on the details of it, but i think it is regulated anyway.
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:44 pm

These people are SUPPOSED to abide by the laws of the land, but many still do as they have always done. There are far too many whom have come here that do not have a clue what the laws are, and don't understand our language. We cannot change their belief that it is acceptable to kill someone. Life has no value to these people. It is beyond their comprhension to accept that their child is not responsible for has happened to her. She is already dead in their minds. She has brought shame upon her family because of what has happened to her. THAT, is just WRONG.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:29 pm

its such a tragedy!!

oh btw, welcome to VH Marica! I love your posts, i hope you stay!
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:58 am

Smile... I am somewhat hard to get rid of... I'll be around. And Thank you for your posting encouragement. I tend to say what I think/feel. Sometimes I get carried away, and babble on & on...
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:44 pm

This is unfortunately how many kids and even young adults are treated after molestation or rape. "Oh its your fault, you brought it on yourself.." i've even hear people argue "but look at the way they dress!!!!"

That should have NOTHING to do with it. So what if someone wears certain clothes, that is NOT a sign that says "RAPE ME, I'LL LIKE IT" and anyone who thinks so is ignorant.

We should not live in a world where a person can defend ANYONE for molesting or raping a person, just because the victim involved was dressed a certain way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:03 pm

sassybtsweet wrote:This is unfortunately how many kids and even young adults are treated after molestation or rape. "Oh its your fault, you brought it on yourself.." i've even hear people argue "but look at the way they dress!!!!"

That should have NOTHING to do with it. So what if someone wears certain clothes, that is NOT a sign that says "RAPE ME, I'LL LIKE IT" and anyone who thinks so is ignorant.

We should not live in a world where a person can defend ANYONE for molesting or raping a person, just because the victim involved was dressed a certain way.
Or they said that they wore too much makeup and look cheap? So too much makeup and not knowing how to dress mean it is all your fault!! Time for this archaic mentality to stop!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:24 am

Rape, can happen to anyone any time. I feel people who dismiss rape based on the way a female dresses, is using that as an excuse not to face the reality of the assault. If they can convince themselves it ONLY happens to someone who dresses/acts/whatever
then they THINK, it cannot/will not happen to them or their loved ones. I know of a situation, where a 78 year old woman was assaulted, rapped in her own bed in the middle of the night. Obviously it was someone who knew her, knew where she slept, and was able to enter her home quietly. She was a widow, a Grandmother, and went to church every Sunday and always dressed in a very modest matronly manner.
There was absolutely no reason for this rape to have taken place based on anything this woman did. This took place 45 years ago in a very small town in southern Iowa. The man who did this was never caught.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:49 pm

Marica wrote:THEY, could have been smoking ANYTHING... I wonder if they were making METH... My ANGER.. my Rage... is two years old and stronger than ever... How may I share Lexi's pic with you? I need to keep her memory alive?
If you write LindaMarie(one of the administrators) she can help you. We would all love to see your precious Lexi.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down