Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two Little Girls sexually abused by Mother and Step Father/ No names on this thread

3 posters

Go down

Two Little Girls sexually abused by Mother and Step Father/ No names on this thread Empty Two Little Girls sexually abused by Mother and Step Father/ No names on this thread

Post by Marica Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:35 pm

Two little girls have been sexually abused by their Mother and step father. This occurred in Michigan. Neighbors witnessed the acts, called authorities, and the children were paced in foster care. The Mother and her husband fled the state. The biological Father and his wife appeared in court requesting custody of the girls. The courts maintained the previously ordered joint custody. No charges were brought against the step father, and in fact he was not even mentioned in the hearing. These children, will no doubt be subjected to the same abuse in the future. Our court systems are failing our children. Apparently, the rights of the adults are more important than the welfare of the children. I am beginning to see why there are so many abused children, and so many children murdered. I am wondering what we can do to bring about changes which will protect children. Does anyone have any ideas about where to start in getting laws passed to protect the children. I feel there should be a separate judicial/court system for children, and all children should be provided an attorney.
I am sorry that I don't remember names, but I recall reading here that we should use the opportunity of having been brought together by the tragic deaths of our precious little ones to make a difference for all children. I BELIEVE, this group could make a difference if we combined our energy and resources to insist upon laws of protection of the child and court systems that are designed to protect children.

Marica
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Two Little Girls sexually abused by Mother and Step Father/ No names on this thread Empty Re: Two Little Girls sexually abused by Mother and Step Father/ No names on this thread

Post by Love4My5boys Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:59 am

Marcia

I feel your Compassion on this subject we have many people on this board that are very knowledgeable with the court system, And may have the means to dig deep and direct you in the direction that we need to take on this matter. I also feel the same way and my heart aces for these Children in these terrible situation. I just wish I had the Expertise in this matter, Where would one first Start?

Its good to see you on board Marcia, You have been very insightful, and compassionate about what you have to say!!!

Take Care
Big Hug

Last edited by Love4My5boys on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Love4My5boys
Love4My5boys

Back to top Go down

Two Little Girls sexually abused by Mother and Step Father/ No names on this thread Empty Re: Two Little Girls sexually abused by Mother and Step Father/ No names on this thread

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:45 am

I am going to check in to this further for you marcia. If the step father and mother fled then that is abandonment. She should lose her joint custody based on that fact alone. The bio Dad needs a better lawyer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Marcia, thank the Lord that the neighbors called LE. Usually it is too late for the child...and everyone comes out of the woodwork and they all "knew " something!!!! After therapy maybe this will have a happy ending.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:34 pm

Thank You all for your support here.My friend wrote today to say, it may be possible to have the case moved to Colorado (where the Grandparents, and Father of the little girls live). Obviously, Iowa is NOT the best place for the decision to be made.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down