Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 day old Yair Anthony Carrillo kidnapped in Nashville..Mother stabbed 8 times/ Anthony found alive

5 posters

Go down

4 day old Yair Anthony Carrillo kidnapped in Nashville..Mother stabbed 8 times/ Anthony found alive Empty 4 day old Yair Anthony Carrillo kidnapped in Nashville..Mother stabbed 8 times/ Anthony found alive

Post by Wrapitup Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Wrapitup on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

4 day old Yair Anthony Carrillo kidnapped in Nashville..Mother stabbed 8 times/ Anthony found alive Empty Re: 4 day old Yair Anthony Carrillo kidnapped in Nashville..Mother stabbed 8 times/ Anthony found alive

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:38 am

Do you believe it? And pretended to be immigration. What the hell is the world coming too? You can't even open your door??
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

4 day old Yair Anthony Carrillo kidnapped in Nashville..Mother stabbed 8 times/ Anthony found alive Empty Nashville stabbing victim wants her kidnapped baby back

Post by ladyjustice37 Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:07 am

It is vitally important that the community be on the lookout for a woman who has a child inexplicably - who has not been pregnant and suddenly has a child," Metro police spokesman Don Aaron said.

There is more if you click the link.

If I posted in the wrong area - please feel free to move.
ladyjustice37
ladyjustice37

Back to top Go down

4 day old Yair Anthony Carrillo kidnapped in Nashville..Mother stabbed 8 times/ Anthony found alive Empty Re: 4 day old Yair Anthony Carrillo kidnapped in Nashville..Mother stabbed 8 times/ Anthony found alive

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:08 pm

thanks lady justice for that link....lets pray whoever is involved in this woman's life keeps current with the news. Hard for me to imagine but some people avoid the news and do not watch it on purpose. Hope not the case here. I sure hope they get this precious bundle back home really fast. REAL fast! LE says they feel she was followed home from a store.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:22 am

Good news! Yair Anthony Carrillo has been found.

Police: Kidnapped newborn found safe in Alabama

For three days, a Tennessee mother endured a parent’s worst nightmare after her newborn son was snatched by a knife-wielding kidnapper — until police Friday found the baby alive in northern Alabama and arrested a woman suspected of abducting him.
Nashville police said week-old Yair Anthony Carillo was found at a home in Ardmore near the Tennessee line.
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn identified the arrested woman as Tammy Renee Silas, 39, of Ardmore. He said charges are “pending,” but she was not immediately charged. She was being questioned and will be held at the jail in Morgan County, Ala., police said.
The infant underwent a medical checkup in Alabama and was in good health, authorities said. They were still making arrangements early Saturday to reunite him with his mother, 30-year-old Maria Gurrolla.
“This baby is a week old, and this child has spent half his life away from his family. I think it’s time we reunite them,” said My Harrison, a special agent with the FBI in Tennessee.
Authorities said they would be reunited through the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services.

more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:25 am

This is great news, just fantastic news!!!!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:51 am

Great!!!!!!!! Great police work there also!!!!! Bravo!!!!
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:52 pm

Fantastic!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:50 pm

4 Day Old Kidnapped Baby Found in Alabama
Posted on October 3rd, 2009 by Jan Barrett

I just love happy endings and I can’t begin to tell everyone how happy this makes me to be able to write this article right now. I would like to thank one of BNN’s friends and a supporter of ours for bringing this news to my attention. Thanks treece.

Tuesday night a woman, from Nashville knocked on a door posing as an immigration worker demanding that the mother of the child turn over the baby but when she refused to do so the woman went crazy and started stabbing the mother about 8 times, then grabbed the baby and fled leaving the mother there helpless to fight. Thank God the mother did survive but she is worried about her newborn son being kidnapped.

The state of Tennessee issued an Amber Alert that afternoon. Little Yair Anthony Carillo was only 4 days old when he was kidnapped. Last seen he was wearing a blue and white striped onesie suit. Yair is a Hispanic male with black hair and brown eyes.

The woman that took the baby is described as a white female with Blond hair, about 30 years old with a heavy build. Her hair was pulled back into a pony tail and she was last seen wearing a black shirt and blue jeans. She took off in a black car which was described sort of like a police car.

The good part of this report is that the Amber alert has now been canceled since this morning once the baby was found safe in Ardmore Alabama. The suspect is now in custody being held on abduction charges and is being questioned by the police regarding the kidnapping. She is Tammy Renee Silas, 39 years old and she is from Ardmore.

Investigators say they suspected Silas after a witness spotted a Kia Spectra following the baby and his mother, Maria Gurolla in a Wal-Mart parking lot the same day the baby was kidnapped. Fortunately the surveillance cameras from Wal-Mart caught sight of the car and they managed to get the license plate number. The car was tracked down as a rented car from the Nashville Airport the same day.

The baby, now 8 days old should be returned to his mother as soon as possible. I can only imagine how she feels now that the baby is safe. If only all the other missing children cases could end like this. I have tears in my eyes as I type thinking if only this kind of ending would come for little Haleigh Cummings who has been missing since February 10, 2009 or for Adji Desir who has been missing since January 10, 2009. That is only to name two. I wish I had the resources to write about every missing child there is to keep their names out there so they don’t turn to a cold case file. It is sad to say there just aren’t enough hours in the day to be able to cover each and every one of them.

It is said from some that it depends on the race, the family and the location of the child’s origination as to who gets reported about but that is not the case with us. I don’t care who they are, or what color their skin is or how much money the families have or don’t have. A child is a child no matter what they look like, no matter whether they are a boy or a girl. They still are helpless human beings that deserve to live in peace and happy. No child deserves to be abused or taken from their home by an unknown leaving the parents to grieve for their child fearing they may never see them again. I often think of an abused child and the fears they must have while being abused. I was 18 years old when I was severely beaten and raped and even at my age I didn’t understand why this man was doing this to me. I kept asking myself over and over again what I did to deserve this. Imagine a baby or a 2 year old or a 5 year old being beaten and tortured or facing death. I shiver when the thoughts of what would be going through that child’s mind. It breaks my heart. Something needs to be done to stop this.

In the meantime let’s all thanks God for the safe return of baby Yair. This child was lucky, let’s pray the same ending will happen for little Adji and Haleigh too soon. I wish it would have ended better for Caylee Anthony as well but as we all know it didn’t but it isn’t too late to continue our prayers for the others. I pray for all the missing children to be found safe and that they are soon returned home to their loved one.

Jan Barrett

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:17 pm

by Wrapitup Yesterday at 3:50 pm 4 Day Old Kidnapped Baby Found in Alabama

I just love happy endings
NOT SUCH A HAPPY ENDING The mother's other children were removed from her home.

Officials: Abducted newborn safer in state custody
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — A newborn boy abducted by a woman posing as an immigration agent was again taken from his mother after a brief reunion, this time by state officials who said the baby and his three siblings would be safest with foster parents.
Rob Johnson, a spokesman for the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services, said the children were taken from their mother, Maria Gurrolla, “purely for safety reasons,” though he would not detail why they were in danger.
Johnson said officials made arrangements for Gurrolla to see her baby Saturday afternoon and hold him, four days after he was abducted. She brought her three other children — ages 3, 9 and 11 — to the reunion and all of the children were then taken into custody. Johnson, who said he could not discuss details of the situation for privacy reasons, said a judge would review the case next week to determine when the children can go home.

Joel Siskovic, an FBI special agent in the Memphis division, said there was no indication of an ongoing threat to the family. He could not say why the children were put into state custody.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:26 pm

How sad. WTH is going on??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:28 pm

Moving this here.

Missing Newborn Found Safe
by Marica Yesterday at 23:31

What the heck is the meaning of this.... Some one PLEASE explain... why were these children taken from their Mom?

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Oct. 3) - A newborn boy abducted by a knife-wielding woman posing as an immigration agent was safe Saturday and being held by child welfare officials as authorities charged a woman with his kidnapping.
Rob Johnson, a spokesman for the Tennessee Department of Children's Services, said Maria Gurrolla got to hold her week-old baby, Yair Anthony Carillo, on Saturday afternoon, but was not being allowed to take him home yet. Gurrolla, 30, and her three other children — ages 3, 9 and 11 — visited with the baby, then all four of the children were taken into state custody, Johnson said.
Our focus is on the children, and under the current situation right now, we think the safest thing to do is take the children into state custody," said Johnson, who declined to elaborate.
Joel Siskovic, an FBI special agent in the Memphis division, said he did not have details about whether the parents were also under protective custody. "As of now, there's no indication that there's an ongoing threat to the family," he said.
Nashville police said the baby was found in good health at a home in Ardmore, Ala., about 80 miles south of Nashville near the Tennessee line.
Earlier Saturday, officials said the baby would remain with a foster family as authorities made arrangements for Gurrolla to be reunited with her son.
"This baby is a week old, and this child has spent half his life away from his family. I think it's time we reunite them," said My Harrison, a special agent with the FBI in Tennessee.
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director Mark Gwyn identified the arrested woman as Tammy Renee Silas, 39, of Ardmore. Federal authorities formally charged her Saturday with kidnapping. The Morgan County Sheriff's office said Silas was picked up by U.S. Marshals on Saturday morning, though it was not known where she was being taken.
The baby and Silas were found about 10 p.m. CDT in Ardmore, and Silas did not resist arrest, Gwyn said. Authorities said they had no word on a possible motive. Police in Nashville did not know if Silas has a lawyer.
The infant was taken from his home Tuesday, just four days after he was born. His mother told police a heavyset white woman with blonde hair arrived at her home posing as an immigration agent and attacked her with a knife.
Gurrolla told investigators that during the abduction, she heard the woman make a phone call and tell someone in Spanish words to the effect of "the job is done" and that the mother "was dying," said Siskovic, the FBI agent.
Siskovic said Silas took the victim's cell phone, which helped investigators locate Silas.
He would not comment further on the possibility that Silas was not working alone.
At a Wednesday news conference, Gurrolla told reporters she had never seen the woman, who threatened to arrest her, then got a knife from the home and stabbed her several times.
"I need my baby back," the 30-year-old mother said Wednesday through an interpreter outside Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Gurrolla said she did not see the woman take the baby because she ran to a neighbor's home. The neighbor, Eric Peterson, told The Associated Press that Gurrolla was "covered from her head to her toe with blood" with gashes on her neck and upper chest.
Gurrolla asked him to save her children from the "lady in the kitchen" who had a butcher knife. When Peterson got there, he saw a woman speeding away from the home. He brought Gurrolla's 3-year-old daughter back safely to his house, but found no baby, he said.
Officials believe Silas followed Gurrolla and her baby from a local office of the Women, Infants and Children program and to a Walmart store. "I think it's clear that she was targeting people at that location," Siskovic said.
The task force of local, state and federal investigators got a break when they found that a video camera in the Walmart parking lot had captured the license plate of the car seen following the mother and baby, according to the arrest warrant.
Gurrolla's home was quiet Saturday morning, where a cleaning crew had been working inside. Some neighbors had placed flowers outside the house, and many neighbors said they were relieved Yair had been found.
Cathy Nahirny, a senior analyst for infant abduction cases at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, said there have been at least two other recent cases where an abductor used a ploy similar to the one used in this case.
"We need to get the word out to our immigrant communities," Nahirny said. "Anybody that claims they are from federal law enforcement agencies, you have the right and you should ask for photo identification."
Abductions of infants by strangers are rare, with only nine reported cases so far this year and five last year, according to the missing child center.
Nahirny said immigrant families have been targets of child abductions because of the assumption they will not tell police.
Gurrolla is Latina but her immigration status isn't clear. She was released from the hospital Thursday.
Associated Press writer Kristin M. Hall contributed to this story.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:25 pm

By KRISTIN M. HALL, Associated Press Writer Kristin M. Hall, Associated Press Writer – 2 hrs 58 mins ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A week ago, Maria Gurrolla was celebrating the birth of her fourth child. A blue yard sign announced: "IT'S A BOY!" She visited a local welfare office that helps low-income mothers.

Then an attacker posing as an immigration worker arrived at her home south of Nashville, stabbed the 30-year-old mother and snatched away her 4-day-old son. The newborn was found safe, but after a brief reunion, state officials took the baby away from Gurrolla again, along with her other three children.

Now Gurrolla is left to wonder when she might see any of them again. A judge will review the case this week to determine when Yair Anthony Carillo and his siblings — ages 3, 9, 11 — can come home.

State officials say the children were taken into custody Saturday for safety reasons but have not offered details. A spokesman said a hearing must occur within three days of when the children were taken into state custody.

Tammy Renee Silas, 39, was arrested and charged with kidnapping. She waived her initial court appearance in Alabama on Saturday and is expected to be brought to Tennessee sometime this week, FBI spokesman Joel Siskovic said Sunday. She was appointed an attorney, but Siskovic didn't know the lawyer's name and the jail wouldn't release any information.

Police have not released a motive, but Silas' live-in boyfriend said she told him she could not have children and wanted to adopt a child from a relative who was going to jail.

Gurrolla had returned home with the infant and her 3-year-old daughter on Tuesday when she answered a knock at the door.

A heavy-set woman with blonde hair claimed she was an immigration agent and wanted to know about false information Gurrolla had given during a visit that morning to a Women, Infants and Children, or WIC, office. WIC is a federal program that provides vouchers to women to purchase approved foods at grocery stores and pharmacies.

Gurrolla's attacker stabbed her with a knife eight times, mostly in the neck and chest. When the woman briefly walked away, Gurrolla darted to a neighbor's house, pleading for help. Sometime after that, the kidnapper fled with the newborn.

Gurrolla was left bloodied from head to toe, a long scratch on her face. When she held a news conference Tuesday from the hospital to plead for her baby to be found, her eyes were bloodshot and her face was swollen.

Gurrolla has told police that she heard the attacker talking on the phone in Spanish, saying, "The job is done" and that the mother "was dying."

Authorities have not said whether they think anyone else was involved.

Police found a surveillance tape from a local Walmart showing a Kia Spectra with Indiana tags that appeared to have followed Gurrolla. It turned out to be a rental from the Nashville airport, and a phone number registered with the rental led police to Silas on Friday night.

Investigators were talking with her live-in boyfriend, Martin Rodriguez, when Silas appeared holding the infant, covered in a blanket.

Speaking through an interpreter, Rodriguez told The Associated Press that Silas told him she was adopting a baby from a cousin who had to go to jail, and was going to El Paso, Texas, to get the child.

He said Silas had a newborn with her when he picked her up from the Huntsville airport Tuesday. The rental car was returned in Huntsville, authorities said.

"She was acting normal around the baby, and I didn't really see any difference, but I think she was happy," Rodriguez said from their one-story home, where a box of baby clothes for a boy overflowed in the dining room. "What woman isn't happy to carry a baby?"

Rodriguez said the last thing she told him was: "I am so sorry, and I love you."

Siskovic, an FBI special agent in the Memphis division, said there was no indication of an ongoing threat to Gurrolla's family. He could not say why the children were in state custody.

Gurrolla was briefly reunited with her son on Saturday, and authorities said she was allowed to hold him. State officials then took custody of all the children.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:30 pm

by Wrapitup Today at 10:25 pm A week ago, Maria Gurrolla was celebrating the birth of her fourth child. A blue yard sign announced: "IT'S A BOY!" She visited a local welfare office that helps low-income mothers.
Just my opinion, but why did she have another child when she needs help from welfare? I know my remark is off topic, but I DO wonder?
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:33 pm

BJ in OR wrote:
by Wrapitup Today at 10:25 pm A week ago, Maria Gurrolla was celebrating the birth of her fourth child. A blue yard sign announced: "IT'S A BOY!" She visited a local welfare office that helps low-income mothers.
Just my opinion, but why did she have another child when she needs help from welfare? I know my remark is off topic, but I DO wonder?
1) She doesn't believe in birth control.
2) She figured she wouldn't get pregnant.
3) She didn't figure.

Take your pick!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:58 am

it looks like the issue may very well be that she is an illegal immigrant but her children are not because they may have been born in the USA..

in which case, they would put the kids in foster care, and put the mother through hoops to get them back, including applying for actual citizen status.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

4 day old Yair Anthony Carrillo kidnapped in Nashville..Mother stabbed 8 times/ Anthony found alive Empty Sources: Family tried to sell snatched Tenn. baby

Post by Nama Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:23 am

OMG!

Sources close to the investigation into the kidnapping of a newborn boy said the Department of Children Services is accusing Maria Gurrolla of trying to sell her infant. Gurrolla is the woman who was attacked in her home last week.

Police have already arrested a woman in Alabama, but investigators are not finished with the case. There is a hearing scheduled for Monday afternoon in juvenile court to discuss the DCS part of this case.

There is paper work filed in juvenile court alleging Gurrolla tried to sell the baby. That is allegedly why DCS took the baby and her three other children into custody over the weekend.

Late Friday, the FBI arrested 39-year-old Tammy Silas in Ardmore, Alabama.

Silas is charged with the federal offense of kidnapping. She is also accused of attacking Maria Gurrolla last week with a knife and stealing her then 4-day-old baby.

Court documents show Gurrolla told investigators after the attack she heard the suspect speaking on the phone.

Gurrolla told an FBI agent her attacker said quote "the job is done" and "she [Gurrolla] was dying."

Investigators are looking at phone calls made by the suspect after the attack.

The FBI is holding Silas in the Morgan County Jail in Alabama. She'll appear in federal court when U.S. Marshals bring her back to Nashville. No court date has been set.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:21 am

I started a new thread about this case now that the news has come out about the family planning to sell the baby.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down