Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Lillian Glass body language expert analyses Anthonys Today Show appearance

3 posters

Go down

Dr Lillian Glass body language expert analyses Anthonys Today Show appearance Empty Dr Lillian Glass body language expert analyses Anthonys Today Show appearance

Post by artgal16 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:12 pm

Even through Cindy and George Anthony’s words on The Today Show say that they believe their daughter Casey is innocent, their body language clearly says something different. Their body language says they know their daughter is guilty of killing their granddaughter Caylee. The shoulder shrugs, hunched shoulders, bowed head, head jerks, vocal choking. uhms, pained facial expressions, lip pursing, Cindy’s closed eyes when speaking, and George’s constantly looking down, are just a few of the “tells” which say they are not telling the truth about what they really think of their daughter and her role in the murder of their granddaughter.
CINDY AND GEORGE MUST CLAIM SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALLOWING CASEY’S BAD BEHAVIOR IN THE PAST
I have always found Cindy Anthony’s yelling, belligerence, anger, rudeness, obnoxious and inappropriate gum chewing, manipulation, and hostility extremely offensive. While my dear friend Nancy Grace, who’s show on which I regularly appear on Headline News cuts Cindy a lot of slack just because she is a parent and is defending her daughter, I refuse to do so.
Like Bounty Hunter Leonard Padilla who has seen Cindy up close and personal when he first bailed Casey out of jail, I find that Cindy is a large part of why Casey is in the predicament she is in.
While it is not always the parent’s fault that a child misbehaves as they do, in this case, I believe Cindy and George as well must take responsibility for letting their daughter run amuck over their lives. They knew about Casey’s lying and bad behavior throughout the years, yet they did nothing to stop it. They didn’t seek professional help or set serious boundaries for their daughter when they clearly knew something was wrong. Their letting her get away with her lying and stealing from them and others, not graduating from high school, lying about being in college, not even knowing she was out of a job, not even knowing Casey was pregnant and Cindy telling her own brother who asked about Casey’s growing abdomen that Casey was a “virgin: is unconscionable!!!!!!
CINDY’S CHANGED BODY LANGUAGE
While we are used to see Cindy Anthony with shoulders squared off, jaw jutted forward, an angry scowl on her face, tight pinched lips and loud staccato argumentative tones posed for a verbal battle with anyone who didn’t agree that Casey was innocent, we saw a very different Cindy on the Today Show. We saw a much meeker looking woman who’s shoulders were rounded and head was bowed, with softer more controlled tones indicating defeat. Even though her words still proclaimed Casey’s innocence, they were not said with as much bravado and vocal confidence as before. There was also somethinbg she did which is indicative of someone one not wanting to face the truth, They close their eyes when they speak or answer a significant question. this is vey telling as Cindy is in essence is literally closing her eyes to seeing the truth she obviously knows exists.
Cindy’s body language spoke volumes as they clearly belied her words. They screamed “ I know Casey is guilty but I have to defend her because I feel so guilty not only for letting Casey get away with all her crap over the years, but for our fight which lead to kicking her out of the house and her killing my precious granddaughter.”
GEORGE CONTINUES TO FOLLOW THE SCRIPT BUT HIS BODY LANGUAGE SHOWS FEIGNED DENIAL AS PAIN ON HIS FACE SHOWS HE KNOWS WHAT CASEY DID

Throughout the entire interview on the Today Show, George looked as though he was going to break down in tears any second. His facial expression showed pure anguish. His initial statement that his attorney told him that things would get worse indicates that he is doing whatever his attorney is telling him to do and following his attorney’s advice by proclaiming his daughter’s innocence no matter what.
George’s pained facial contortions, lip pursing, shoulder shrugging, and looking down all the time and head shaking are all body language “tells” which clearly indicate he knows he is not speaking the truth when he says that he believes Casey didn’t kill Cayley.
The only time George spoke the truth since this incident occurred was when he was interviewed by police and said the trunk smelled like there was a dead body in there and when he told police that he was afraid to open the trunk for fear of what he would find in there.
FEIGINING DENIAL UNTIL REALITY SETS IN
George is not as dumb as he plays. He knows the drill! After all he was a member of law enforcement for years. He knows if a person is guilty or innocent and he clearly knows Casey is guilty. That is why he had to leave the room when prosecutor Ashton graphically described what his daughter did to his granddaughter.
His body could no longer take his’ living the lie and not facing the truth.” The truth hurt so much that he had to leave the room. But the thoughts haven’t left his psyche as this was the second thing brought up in the Today Show interview -how hard it was to listen to the prosecutor’s graphic description.
CINDY CONTINUES TO PLAY THE “BLAME GAME
On the Today Show Cindy now blames how every move of Casey’s is picked apart” and how that is why she hasn’t seen her daughter face to face for 15 months. She then says how even her Casey’s court appearance was picked apart.
Of course Casey’s movements picked apart Cindy. When the public clearly sees signals of deception and lying and fake tears and anger leaks, and lack of remorse, they are definitely going to pick it apart! Something isn’t right! Something doesn’t add up! The public is not dumb! You can’t spin it so they will fall for any for your BS. They see it ALL!
Then during the interview, the unthinkable happens with regard to Cindy. She has the audacity to say in an indignant and admonishing tone- “ This is a mother.” This is a mother who would never hurt her child. Yeah Right!!!! Casey is a mother all right. She is a mother who didn’t want to be a mother and would not only hurt her child, she would kill her child to get rid of her forever!
Then Cindy continues by blaming the investigators for not looking at all the evidence. This is the same woman who was willing to throw Casey’s innocent former fiancé Jesse Grund, and Casey’s former friend whom Casey stole checks from- Amy Huzunga, and Caylee finder Roy Kronk “under the bus” just to protect her sociopathic daughter Casey. Now you know where Casey got her abilities to blame others so freely. The apple defiantly does not fall to far from the tree!
THE VOICE DOESN’T LIE
Since my area of expertise is Vocal Forensics I can tell you a lot about the tone of a persons voice and what it means. So when I heard Cindy’s voice choke off and croak out her BS that there is a lot of evidence that is not being presented out there, I can tell you that it was clearly her body’s way of trying to shut her off. Her body was in essence saying “stop this lying at once/ I want no part of it!” Just as the body doesn’t lie- neither does the voice speech patterns. The several “uhms” as she says Nothing ties Casey to this. There is no motive there is no evidence UHM linking Caylee to Casey…except for the act that she didn’t report Caylee missing.”
WHAT ???ONLY GUILTY OF NOT REPORTING A MISSING CHILD!
When Cindy says that there is no evidence that Casey had anything to do with Caylee’s death and that all Casey is guilty of is not reporting Caylee missing I had to listen to Cindy say that several times as I couldn’t believe what I was hearing from her false lips. WHAT???? Is she kidding!! ALL Casey is guilty of is not reporting her missing daughter in over a month?
Anyone who had a missing dog for over a day would report him missing and put signs up around the neighborhood. Not reporting a missing child is a crime in itself! This clearly shows how Cindy will come up with anything just to save Casey’s skin. But there is no way she will succeed as no one will buy it. With her shoulder shrugs and uhms and pauses and slow and deliberate speech patterns even she doesn’t buy it.
SAYING “CASEY” WHEN SHE MEANS “CAYLEE” AND VICE VERSA
There is also something that Cindy did on the Today show which she has done numerous times- saying Caylee when she means Casey and vice versa. She often collapses and confuses the name of her daughter with her granddaughter. In doing so it appears that she is collapsing and confusing her love and the innocence of her granddaughter on to her daughter. The bottom line is that is disconcerting and clearly shows what is going on in her mind.
CINDY IS LITERATLLY TAKEN ABACK AS GEORGE IS JARRED INTO REALITY
There is a point in the interview when Meredith Vierra says “”You want to know the truth about who killed your granddaughter.”

Cindy's head jerking back (taken aback)
You literally see Cindy throw back her head. This means she is literally taken aback by the question. It was clearly a reality check that she was being jarred into reality and out of her own feigned denial.
When George hears this question he looks as though he is about to cry. One could not help but notice the heart breaking anguish that has leaked across his face. It indicated that in hearing Meredith recite those words, this may have been the first time in a long time that his brain literally processed the harsh reality of the situation.
He has been in denial for so long that he has no doubt come to believe his own lie- that Casey had nothing to do with Caylee’s death. In essence, Merdith’s comment clearly jarred him into facing that reality, even if for a moment.
GEORGE’S KEEPING CAYLEY ALIVE IS KEEPING HIMSELF ALIVE

With an alleged suicide attempt behind him, George is no doubt emotionally fragile. So whatever it takes to keep him hanging on to life is fine—even if it is using Caylee’s room as a shrine. Meredith mentioned that she understood he kept Caylee’s room exactly as it was before she left home.
This is the only time you see a little spark in George’s eyes as they open wider. It is also the forst time you hear animation and a little bit of joy in George’s voice as he says he goes in there often and that this is what keeps Caylee alive.
This is so sad because that may be the only thing to keep him alive when he finally faces the full blown reality that his daughter, whom he claims would never hurt anyone, is the one who smothered and tortured his beloved granddaughter. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Dr Lillian Glass body language expert analyses Anthonys Today Show appearance Empty Re: Dr Lillian Glass body language expert analyses Anthonys Today Show appearance

Post by cherylz Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:38 pm

Denial is a powerful thing. It is survival. It is their only protection against what must be an unbearable existence. They know the truth but they cannot bear to acknowledge it.
In the end, it will not matter what the Anthony's think. At the very least their only daughter will be spending a long time in prison and they will never see their Caylee again. What an awful life.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Dr Lillian Glass body language expert analyses Anthonys Today Show appearance Empty Re: Dr Lillian Glass body language expert analyses Anthonys Today Show appearance

Post by artgal16 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:41 pm

Someone should write a book about these families 5, 10 and 15 years down the road after the trials and convictions are over. How they cope, how they live with the aftermath. I would be interested in that very much. Do they find any joy or peace later I wonder.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Art, that was a great article. Very eye opening.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down