Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HaLeigh Cummings case: Man claims Ronald Cummings threatened to kill him. Audio released. Also, Misty Interviewed on Blog Talk Radio.

+2
charminglane
Wrapitup
6 posters

Go down

HaLeigh Cummings case: Man claims Ronald Cummings threatened to kill him. Audio released. Also, Misty Interviewed on Blog Talk Radio. Empty HaLeigh Cummings case: Man claims Ronald Cummings threatened to kill him. Audio released. Also, Misty Interviewed on Blog Talk Radio.

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:39 pm

December 31, 5:22 PMCrime ExaminerCindy Adams

The father of missing Satsuma, Fla. girl, HaLeigh Cummings is being investigated for an alleged incident of road rage. According to News 4 Jax, the man who complained to authorities about Cummings was “investigated for making harassing phone calls to Ronald’s ex-wife, Misty.”

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office’s incident report states that on Wednesday night, Cummings hit the front of Charles Jones III’s vehicle with his pickup truck. Jones told law enforcement that Cummings threatened him with a gun saying, “I will kill you.”

Cummings, 26, was not alone in the truck—with him was his ex-wife, Misty, 18. Both claimed that Jones tried to run them off the road. According to Misty, she was with Cummings to retrieve the rest of her things out of his home, since the two had divorced.

News 4 Jax reports that no damage was evident on Cummings’ truck and no gun was found on him or in the vehicle.

Approximately 30 minutes later, Misty called authorities claiming Jones was calling her and threatening her over the phone. The report states he left messages indicating “…he would get female friends to beat up Misty” and would do harm to Cummings.

No arrests were made regarding the road rage or the phone calls.

On Thursday, Lt. Johnny Greenwood said authorities are investigating the complaints, however, their focus remains on finding little HaLeigh, 6.

Misty, then Cummings’ teenage live-in girlfriend, claims she was at home sleeping in the master bedroom on the February night HaLeigh disappeared. She told authorities she got up to go use the bathroom, saw the kitchen light on, the back door propped open, and discovered HaLeigh was gone.

Cummings married Misty about a month after HaLeigh vanished, however, the two parted ways and divorced several months later. Misty has since become the focus of the investigation after giving conflicting stories to law enforcement about the night HaLeigh went missing, and failing several tests, including a polygraph.

Anyone with information on HaLeigh’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Putnam County Sheriff's Office at 386-329-0808 or Crime Stoppers at 1-888-277-TIPS. A monetary reward is available for information leading to her recovery or the conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance. You may remain anonymous.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m12d31-HaLeigh-Cummings-case-Man-claims-Ronald-Cummings-threatened-to-kill-him

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

HaLeigh Cummings case: Man claims Ronald Cummings threatened to kill him. Audio released. Also, Misty Interviewed on Blog Talk Radio. Empty Re: HaLeigh Cummings case: Man claims Ronald Cummings threatened to kill him. Audio released. Also, Misty Interviewed on Blog Talk Radio.

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:43 pm

Haleigh's Dad Questioned In Road Rage Incident
Driver Says Cummings Threatened To Kill Him

POSTED: Thursday, December 31, 2009
UPDATED: 4:04 pm EST December 31, 2009

Ronald Cummings, the father of missing Putnam County girl Haleigh Cummings, is being investigated in connection to an alleged road rage incident. Then the man making the allegations was investigated for making harassing phone calls to Ronald's ex-wife, Misty.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office said Cummings was driving a pickup truck that hit another vehicle on Wednesday night on county Road 308B in Welaka.

According to the incident report, the rear of Cummings' pickup struck the front of Charles Jones III's vehicle. Deputies said Jones told them Cummings stuck a gun out his window and said, "I will kill you."

Deputies said Cummings, 26, and his ex-wife, Misty Cummings, 18 -- who was a passenger in the pickup at the time -- said the other vehicle was trying to run them off the road.

The report said there was no evidence of a rear-end collision on Cummings pickup. Deputies said Cummings told them he does own a gun, but it was home secured in a gun cabinet at the time.

Thirty minutes later, Putnam County deputies were called in investigate after Misty Cummings reported Jones making several threatening and harassing phone calls to her.

According to the report, Misty Cummings said Jones and his father left several messages "boasting that he would get female friends to beat up Misty." The report said the calls also threatened to do harm to Ronald Cummings.

Deputies advised Jones not to call Misty Cummings again. No arrests were made in either case.

Misty Cummings told them her ex-husband was giving her a ride to get the last of her belongings out of his home.

In a statement issued Thursday, Lt. Johnny Greenwood said the incident remains under investigation, but "the main focus of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is solving the Haleigh Cummings investigation."

Haleigh was reported missing from her father's Satsuma home in February. She was 5 years old at the time.

Ronald Cummings married Misty weeks after Haleigh was reported missing and divorced in October. Misty was in Cummings' mobile home watching Haleigh and a younger sibling when the girl disappeared.

Ronald Cummings was arrested at his grandmother's house in August after a fight with his in-laws. He was charged with burglary with assault or battery. That case is still pending.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22100085/detail.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

HaLeigh Cummings case: Man claims Ronald Cummings threatened to kill him. Audio released. Also, Misty Interviewed on Blog Talk Radio. Empty Re: HaLeigh Cummings case: Man claims Ronald Cummings threatened to kill him. Audio released. Also, Misty Interviewed on Blog Talk Radio.

Post by charminglane Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:53 pm

Another Happy New Year in Satsuma.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:35 pm

Oh, there is more. Here is the actual report. Warning: foul language!!

Haleigh Cummings Update: Ron and Misty Have Brushes With The Law
Posted on December 31st, 2009
by Jan Barrett

This just in from TJ Hart - Jan Barrett
This is from the PCSO Incident report involving Ronald Cummings:

Direction: South on State Road 19 to 308B

On December 30 2009, I responded to the above location in response to a possible Assault.

Upon arrival I spoke with Charles Jones III who advised he was driving down County Road 308B when he drove up behind a white truck he knew as Ronald Cummings. Charles stated at that time the truck tried to run him off the road, at which point the front of his car met with the back of Ronald’s.

Observation of Charles vehicle showed old front end damage but no new damage.

Charles also said after Ronald parked in the middle of the road and stuck a gun out the window and said “I will kill you mother fucker”. Charles said he sped by the other vehicle. Charles said the gun was black and could fit in the palm of your hand. Charles also stated he clearly identified Ronald Cummings as the driver and there was no one else in the vehicle.

Charles stated he wanted to pursue charges. Charles then signed/completed a voluntary statement and a charging affidavit. Charles was supplied a Victim’s Right’s pamphlet.

I then met with Ronald Cummings at 126 4th Ave.. Ronald advised he was traveling down 308B when he came across a car parked in the middle of the road. Ronald stated the vehicle belonged to Charles and as soon as he went by Charles pursued him attempting to run him off the road.

Ronald stated Misty Cummings was in the truck with him and he had her call 911 about what was occurring.

Ronald stated he was picking up Misty from Buffalo Bluff to get the rest of her belongings from his house. Ronald stated that he did indeed have a gun but did not carry the gun with him. Ronald said he kept the gun in a gun cabinet inside the house.

Ronald then supplied the location to the firearm and access to it. Ronald stated the gun is always secured inside the gun cabinet in the house and he did not have it during the incident.

Ronald signed/completed a voluntary statement.

Upon observation of Ronald’s truck there was no evidence of a rear end collision.

While there I spoke with Misty Cummings who advised Ronald went to her house and picked her up so she could get the rest of her things from his house.

Misty said Charles raced up behind her and Ronald flashing his lights in an attempt to run them off the road. Misty went on to say Charles attempted to pass them a couple times and at one point he almost collided with an oncoming car.

Misty stated Ronald did not have a gun during the incident and she never saw one.

Misty signed/completed a voluntary statement.

The charging affidavit will be forwarded to the State’s Attorney’s Office for further review.

In view of the above information this case is deemed exceptionally cleared.

Any further reports will be

completed in a timely manner and submitted as required.

C.BRIDGES

This is from the PCSO Incident report involving Misty Croslin:

Driving Directions: Highway 17 South, Right on County Road 309, Left on County Road 308B, Right on 4th Avenue (Last residence on the Left)

While investigating a related incident (see PCSO Case# 2009-11512), I was made aware of several threatening and harassing phone calls which were made due to the events in the aforementioned case.

Misty Cummings told me that she’d been receiving threatening and harassing phone calls from Charles “Charlie” Jones, and his father, who is also Charles Jones. Misty said that Charlie was leaving messages regarding the incident in 09-11512.

Misty told me that Charlie’s messages were verbally abusive, and that he boasted that he would get female friends to beat up Misty due to the earlier altercation.

Misty had at least three messages from Charlie. Misty said that Charles had also called and left several messages. Charles’ messages threatened to do harm to Ronald Cummings.

Charles, in his messages, demanded to know where Ronald lived, and what his phone number was. Charles said that he wanted to “talk to Ronald if you know what I mean” and said that he wanted to confront Ronald prior to Law Enforcement making contact with him.

Misty played the voicemail messages while in my presence. Misty wished to pursue criminal charges, and was allowed to sign a complaint affidavit against both Charlie and Charles for Harassing/Threatening Phone Calls.

I relocated to Charles residence, and made contact with him. Charles was advised not to call Misty any more. Charlie was not present during my interview with Charles, but Charles said that he would advise Charlie to not call anymore as well.

The complaint affidavits will be forwarded to the State Attorney’s Office for further review.

In view of the above information, this case is deemed Exceptionally Cleared. Any further reports will be completed, in a timely manner, and submitted as required.

ID #1256 12/31/2009 04:53

Approving Supervisor:

R.FRANK ID #1146

Division:

PATROL Unit: DELTA

Reporting Officers:

Scene: 216 4th Avenue

Reporting Officers:

D.ALTIZER ID #1306

ID

#0 12/31/2009 05:42

Approving Supervisor:

R.FRANK ID #1146

Division:

PATROL Unit: DELTA

Here is the press release:

PutnamCounty

Sheriff’sOffice

JeffHardy, Sheriff

Media Release

December 31st, 2009

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received several inquiries regarding the incidents involving Ronald and Misty Cummings on 12/20/2009. These events are not related to the Haleigh Cummings investigation in any way. I have attached copies of the two Offense Incident Reports filed last night by the investigating deputies.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office will not be participating in any formal interviews or providing statements regarding last evening’s incidents. The main focus of the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is solving the Haleigh Cummings investigation.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office
130 Orie Griffin Blvd.
Palatka, Florida 32177
(386) 326.2782

jgreenwood@putnamsheriff.org

TJ Hart

http://www.bloggernews.net/123422

Misty was seeing this Charles person who went to jail a few weeks back for.....drugs. Go figure. I would bet you any amount of money that Ron & Misty are back together. Maybe they will both land in jail for New Years Eve!! :new year:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:06 pm

Deputies said Cummings, 26, and his ex-wife, Misty Cummings, 18

Misty isn't 18. She'll be 18 on her next birthday. I think it's in February.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:12 pm

I will never understand LE in that area. These people are lose cannons.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:24 pm

Misty turned 18 on December 12th. I was hoping LE would arrest her, but no go.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:27 pm

Well Charles, how does someone run you off the road when you are behind them?
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:28 pm

this is news? he probably threatens someone every day lol.

way to go misty, almost legal!
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:35 pm

She's legal. She is 18. Too young to drink (yea, right) but she can buy her own cigs now. She should be proud! smoking :beer jumper:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:09 pm

Of course some one can attempt to run you off the road as Charles stated. He was just driving along minding his own business, and Ronald swerved out around him and then cut back in real tight causing poor Charles to either slam into the back of the truck, or go off the road. Obviously he nearly went off the road because there was no NEW front end damage to his car... Oh wait.. he was parked on the road and Ronald went around him.. no... it was... Oh heck I am confused by all of this.. but I KNOW what I was thinking when I first started reading this...
NOW WHY, would any one CARE why Misty was WITH her X? Why did they NEED to explain this? And then my little pea brain said.. Ahh Hahh.. Misty has been messing with Charles, Charles caught her with Ronald..

Oh MY!!!!

Happy New Year in Putnam County !

And these jerks are moving on with their insane lives, forgetting HaLeigh
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:49 am

I did read that Misty was doing Charles.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:19 pm

Croslin, Misty Jeanette—Ron Cummings live-in girlfriend/babysitter, age 17 dob 12-9-1991

I thought Misty was born in Feb (wrong), but have found several sites that say she was born on Dec 9.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

HaLeigh Cummings case: Man claims Ronald Cummings threatened to kill him. Audio released. Also, Misty Interviewed on Blog Talk Radio. Empty Audio

Post by Nama Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:34 am

This hot off the press from TJ Hart of Wsky 97.3 - Simon

More is being learned about the alleged road rage incident involving the father of missing Satsuma girl HaLeigh Cummings, his ex-wife Misty Croslin Cummings and a man identified as Charles Jones with the release of the 911 audio from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office.

The first audio recording is Misty Croslin Cummings making the first call claiming Charles Jones is trying to run her and Ronald off the road. Misty declines to give her name and informs the dispatcher that there are two children in Ronald’s vehicle.

Audio: Misty Croslin’s 911 Call
http://www.bloggernews.net/indepth/Haleigh/911misty.mp3

The second call is from Charles Jones. He tells PSCO a very different story and claims Ronald Cummings has a gun.

You will also hear in this audio Jones asking the dispatcher if he could legally shoot Ronald if conditions warranted it.

CAUTION: This audio contains strong language…

Audio: Charles Jones 911 Call
http://www.bloggernews.net/indepth/Haleigh/911jones.mp3

While investigating the alleged aggravated battery with a deadly weapon without the intent to kill, deputies also took down a complaint from Misty Croslin Cummings regarding threatening phone calls she had received from Charles Jones.

Incident Report: Alleged Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon Without the Intent to Kill
http://imgsrv.thesky973.com/image/wsky/UserFiles/File/2009-11512.pdf

Incident Report: Threatening Telephone Calls
http://imgsrv.thesky973.com/image/wsky/UserFiles/File/2009-11515.pdf

http://www.bloggernews.net/123430
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:36 am

This is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A must-listen to. What a bunch of idiots!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Misty was on Blog Talk Radio on the Levi Page show. She sounded sober and played all the messages that Charles person left on her cell phone. OMG!!

Warning, foul language!!!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:08 am

I'm so sorry I missed it!
I have to wonder, did Misty do the interview for Misty? Just to back up her story as credible?
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:57 am

When are they going to throw the entire "wild bunch"
in jail? Id like to see them all behind bars.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:09 pm

Wouldn't that be something, Artgal??

IMHO, I think Misty did the interview for Misty. She does everything for her and no one else.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down