Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos. More problems for Baez

+4
CritterFan1
artgal16
Wrapitup
lisette
8 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos. More problems for Baez Empty Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos. More problems for Baez

Post by lisette Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:05 am

Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos
Updated: 14 hours 27 minutes ago

David Lohr
Contributor
(July 26) -- The attorney representing Casey Anthony, the Florida mother accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, is lashing out at a group of unidentified bloggers for allegedly lifting and republishing his Facebook photos.

"I had to take all of my copyrighted photos down from my FB," attorney Jose Baez wrote on his Facebook page, "because it has come to my attention that certain bloggers were taking these photos without authorization and posting them on their websites."

Baez did not respond to a request from AOL News seeking comment. However, some in the blogosphere have speculated that his action may be related to a recent photo parody on the website Blink on Crime.

Not only has Baez removed all his personal photos, minus one profile picture, he claimed he has contacted an attorney about the alleged infringement.

"I have a civil lawyer preparing a case and will post the resolution as soon as it happens," Baez wrote on his page, adding, "I am glad I did not post any information about my family, as I know these childlike individuals know no boundaries."

Baez's tabloid-star client is facing the death penalty in the first-degree murder of her daughter. She is being held at the Orange County Jail without bond. Her trial is expected to begin in May.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos. More problems for Baez Empty Re: Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos. More problems for Baez

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:39 am

Let's just see about this. BJ, what is your take?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos. More problems for Baez Empty Re: Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos. More problems for Baez

Post by Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:34 am

Jose needs a tech for his website. I noticed that all of Sassy photos have been changed to bitmap and cannot be copied anymore. Maybe we should volunteer to help him with his facebook. I have not seen any of those photos here on VH. I did not even know he had a facebook account. Jose is not the sharpest crayon in the box.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony's Attorney Yanks Facebook Photos. More problems for Baez Empty Baez has fit, pulls photos from facebook - taking legal action against blogger!

Post by artgal16 Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:59 am

I believe the incident that precipitated this was a photo of Baez at blinkoncrime.com
Check out Val's summary of this on hinkymeter.com

July 26) -- The attorney representing Casey Anthony, the Florida mother accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, is lashing out at a group of unidentified bloggers for allegedly lifting and republishing his Facebook photos.

"I had to take all of my copyrighted photos down from my FB," attorney Jose Baez wrote on his Facebook page, "because it has come to my attention that certain bloggers were taking these photos without authorization and posting them on their websites."

Baez did not respond to a request from AOL News seeking comment. However, some in the blogosphere have speculated that his action may be related to a recent photo parody on the website Blink on Crime.

Not only has Baez removed all his personal photos, minus one profile picture, he claimed he has contacted an attorney about the alleged infringement.

"I have a civil lawyer preparing a case and will post the resolution as soon as it happens," Baez wrote on his page, adding, "I am glad I did not post any information about my family, as I know these childlike individuals know no boundaries."

Baez's tabloid-star client is facing the death penalty in the first-degree murder of her daughter. She is being held at the Orange County Jail without bond. Her trial is expected to begin in May.
source:
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:17 am

Who goes around copyrighting their pics on FB. He put them there for the world too see.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:40 am

I merged these two threads.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Yesterday it came out that Jose Baez borrowed Casey Anthony’s poopie pants and is now deep in the throws of his own poopie-pants-dance over a parody that some “unnamed blogger” put up of him using one of his publicly published photographs on his Facebook account. According to unnamed sources Baez, seen stomping down north Orange Avenue with one of those big sticky pacifier rings in his mouth, mumbled something about he was going to go find a real lawyer who by golly would help him get his pictures back….or something to that effect. I think he wants to sue someone.
Read the rest here on the Hinky Meter.
:lol!:
Valhall your humor always brightens my day.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:48 pm

More problems for Baez:
The chief prosecutor in the Casey Anthony case says that defense attorney Jose Baez knew that a call he received from a prison inmate about his high-profile murder case was being recorded, according to a new court filing.

Baez has asked the court to seal the May 31 call of a conversation he had with state prison inmate Robin Lunceford. The prosecution wants it included in discovery, which would make it public.

Baez argued to have a protective order placed on the phone conversation, insisting he was not aware he was being recorded and that the discussion represented "work product."

But in a response filed Tuesday, Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick wrote: "The assertion in the defendant's motion that Mr. Baez was 'never made aware that the call was being recorded' is simply untrue."

The prosecutor's response says the Baez Law Firm received two calls from Lunceford, an inmate at the state Department of Corrections' Lowell facility near Ocala. The first call came in at 6:34 p.m. and was answered by a Baez legal assistant. That call started with a recorded message, according to the filing.

The message states the call is a "prepaid collect call" from a state inmate and that the call "is subject to recording and monitoring."

An arrangement is made for the caller to call back at 7 p.m. to speak with Baez directly. At 7:01 p.m., inmate Lunceford calls again and "Mr. Baez hears the same warning detailed above and accepts the call," Burdick's response states.

After Burdick told Baez the warning occurred at the start of the call, she said Baez filed a supplemental motion saying he had "absolutely no recollection of hearing any recording by the correctional facility."

"Regardless of the state of Mr. Baez' faulty recollection, it is clear that the call was not an unlawfully intercepted communication under [ Florida statutes]," Burdick argues. "It takes little imagination to envision that calls being received from a prisoner in a correctional institution are being recorded negating any reasonable expectation of privacy Mr. Baez may believe he had in the call."

However, Baez maintained today that he had no recollection of the recorded message. He also noted that calls between prison inmates and their lawyers are not recorded and he did not know whether Lunceford told prison officials she was calling an attorney.

In addition, he noted that the second call was transferred from his office to his secretary's cell phone and then to his cell phone.

"Did my secretary hear it before she transferred the call to me? I don't know," Baez said. "I did not have any recollection of it being recorded."

Baez plans to file his response later, he said.

Burdick also argues that the conversation is not work product, saying, in part, that Baez and his assistant knew – or should have known – that such a call could be overheard by prison officials.

Baez and his assistant don't contribute much to the conversations. Instead, both calls "are dominated by the rantings of Robin Lunceford against Maya Derkovic."

Burdick concludes her response by saying the court should deny the Baez motion for the protective order.

Baez said the call with Lunceford involved a discussion about a conspiracy with other inmates to tell lies about his client. The recorded discussions, he said, amount to illegal recordings because he never consented to being taped. He asked the court to keep the recordings out of the public record.

The attorney talked with the inmate about how she and two other prisoners conspired "to possibly benefit by lying to the state [prosecutors] about Casey Anthony," according to the Baez motion.

Casey Anthony, 24, is charged with first-degree murder in her 2-year-old daughter's death. Caylee Marie Anthony's remains were found in late 2008, months after she was reported missing.

Baez has said that the Lunceford conversation is not damaging to the defense and more detrimental to the state's case.

Lunceford, 47, is serving life in prison at the Lowell Annex facility north of Ocala for a robbery with a gun or deadly weapon conviction in Miami-Dade, according to online prison records.
source:
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:51 pm

I dont understand why Baez is so against the calls being heard. If Lunceford is relaying that the witnesses
against Casey are lying, wouldnt that help Casey?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:24 pm

Baby Huey cannot understand that.
He hears the name Casey and good or bad, he has a reaction in his pants.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Baez has said that the Lunceford conversation is not damaging to the defense and more detrimental to the state's case.
Yes artgal why would he want them to NOT be released if they help his client?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Now I read Baez's house ($670,000.00) is up for foreclosure as well. He bought it in 2007. Also
Linda Drane Burdicks's response to Baez's asking for the phone call tape to be sealed, essentially calls Baez
a liar!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Artgal, where did you read that?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by frogs Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:28 pm

Prosecutors Claim Baez Has 'Faulty Memory'

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Prosecutors accused Casey Anthony's defense attorney on Tuesday of having a "faulty memory" and making "simply untrue" claims about recorded phone calls with a prison inmate.

Jose Baez has filed two motions in an attempt to have his conversations with state prison inmate Robin Lunceford sealed.

Prosecutors said Baez's claims that he didn't know the call was being recorded are "simply untrue."

The new filing by prosecutors also provided details about the recorded calls.

Prosecutors said Baez and his staff added little to the calls. They mostly contain so-called rantings by Lunceford, who is considered a career criminal. Lunceford allegedly claimed to have information that she and two other inmates conspired to make up false information about Anthony.

Prosecutors argued Baez has no right to claim these calls are confidential attorney work product and no right to privacy.

"It takes little imagination to envision that calls being received from a prisoner in a correctional institution are being recorded negating any reasonable expectation of privacy Mr. Baez may believe he had in the call," Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane-Burdick said in her response.

Baez has asked Judge Belvin Perry to seal the calls while he continues to investigate Lunceford's claim. Prosecutors asked Perry to deny the request.

Late Tuesday, Baez submitted a reply to Drane-Burdick's statement, saying he doesn't even have a copy of the call in question.

Baez wrote in the new paperwork that Drane-Burdick clearly takes the opportunity to personally attack him and his memory of the recording.

Baez is now asking for a copy of the tape to "make further objections or requests for redactions."

WESH.COM
-----
Prosecution Response:

frogs
frogs

Back to top Go down

Post by frogs Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:42 pm

Also, I saw the foreclosure story on Websleuths. I won't post the link out of respect, unless you request it.
frogs
frogs

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:21 pm

Poor Bozo...He really comes across as a dummy in this one! And Ms. Drane-Burdick "took this opportunity to personally attack him"...Poor wittle fellow...His feelings are hurt...Boo-hoo-hoo... :lol!:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:48 pm

frogs wrote:Also, I saw the foreclosure story on Websleuths. I won't post the link out of respect, unless you request it.
No, that would not be kosher. But just telling us where you read it is fine. Thanks for being PC. you rock
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:49 pm

I think websleuths also posted about his house being in foreclosure. he paid $670K and its now worth
$348K is what is being reported. Thats a huge
depreciation!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:28 pm

artgal16 wrote:I think websleuths also posted about his house being in foreclosure. he paid $670K and its now worth
depreciation!

That's because the house probably smells like CLOWN!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:30 pm

They are all losing their homes but Casey has money in her account once again and three squares every day. Life is good for Casey. Only the ones that "touch" her become blighted.

She should wear a sign "Beware of the Dog"!
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:41 pm

I think during their negotiations with the bank, they probably didnt want to show that they put money into her account. After all they got, what I call a sweetheart deal with the bank. They only have to pay 31 percent of what they think they can afford! How can we get that? How did they get it so fast? The banks are dragging their feet every day on these types of modifications. My family is in real estate - you try to do a short sale and the banks drag them out forever
most buyers just give up and look elsewhere. They are all crying about their losses, but when someone steps up and makes an offer they can make you wait months and months eventually losing the buyers. The whole system stinks! And so does this deal with the Anthonys. Their loan was only about $700.00 per month less than what you could rent an appartment for, now what are they going to pay $300.00? And in the meantime they can afford to put a third of a loan
payment towards Caseys snacks? Unbelievable!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Artgal, Welcome to Florida. Home of bankruptcy! Nothing like California.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:58 pm

NiteSpinR wrote:
artgal16 wrote:I think websleuths also posted about his house being in foreclosure. he paid $670K and its now worth
depreciation!

That's because the house probably smells like CLOWN!
Pretty vulgar odor, Nite? :lol!:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:36 pm

artgal16 wrote:I think during their negotiations with the bank, they probably didnt want to show that they put money into her account. After all they got, what I call a sweetheart deal with the bank. They only have to pay 31 percent of what they think they can afford! How can we get that? How did they get it so fast? The banks are dragging their feet every day on these types of modifications. My family is in real estate - you try to do a short sale and the banks drag them out forever
most buyers just give up and look elsewhere. They are all crying about their losses, but when someone steps up and makes an offer they can make you wait months and months eventually losing the buyers. The whole system stinks! And so does this deal with the Anthonys. Their loan was only about $700.00 per month less than what you could rent an appartment for, now what are they going to pay $300.00? And in the meantime they can afford to put a third of a loan
payment towards Caseys snacks? Unbelievable!
Dollar Signs I want a deal on my house like that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:03 pm

So WRONG in so many ways. Electric Chair Electric Chair Shocked 2
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Count on Cindy and Broadway George to swing one hell of a deal. Keep on rolling Anthonys!

America is watching. Maybe crime does pay???
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:49 am

Florida is known as the bankruptcy capital. Why do you think OJ moved there after the 95' trial?

It takes a lot to lose your home in Florida, that's why I figured the Ant's wouldn't...plus they have Conway working for them.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down