Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jail video will NOT be released - Hold that thought!!! Orlando Sentinal in Court Friday, June 19th!!

5 posters

Go down

Jail video will NOT be released - Hold that thought!!! Orlando Sentinal in Court Friday, June 19th!! Empty Jail video will NOT be released - Hold that thought!!! Orlando Sentinal in Court Friday, June 19th!!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The public will not see the video of Casey Anthony the day she learned a child's remains were found less than a mile from her home.

Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland ordered today that the video taken at the Orange County Jail on Dec. 11 be sealed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Jail video will NOT be released - Hold that thought!!! Orlando Sentinal in Court Friday, June 19th!! Empty Re: Jail video will NOT be released - Hold that thought!!! Orlando Sentinal in Court Friday, June 19th!!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:27 pm

I think that was right thing to do. It might have created some sympathy for KC, if that is possible.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Jail video will NOT be released - Hold that thought!!! Orlando Sentinal in Court Friday, June 19th!! Empty Re: Jail video will NOT be released - Hold that thought!!! Orlando Sentinal in Court Friday, June 19th!!

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:30 pm

I agree (although I would have paid money to see her squirm!!) - so it will not be shown in the trial.

Bozo is prolly doing a prancy dance about now!! :bounce: :drunken:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:58 pm

Baez doing a happy dance I would pay to see. 8)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:58 pm

Between being robbed of this and the autopsy, the boredom is going to make me buy the Enquirer AND the Globe!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 pm

I think the autopsy will be released before trial.On NG last night at the bottom of the red flashing screen that drives my BP sky high, it said "autopsy to be released at any moment." Of course, that is coming from her loving producers so who knows??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:06 pm

while i think her reaction was suspicious, scientifically it doesnt prove anything. also, it would require the "control" video of her reaction to stuff that was planted in the river (which is a whole other circus btw) and even with that it doesnt prove anything, and may even be bad for the prosecution, it shows they are trying too hard.
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:07 pm

lovemysam wrote:Between being robbed of this and the autopsy, the boredom is going to make me buy the Enquirer AND the Globe!
LovemySam, you will have to get in line behind me for the rags in the checkout line. There has to be some type of smoking gun, unless LE is just going to tie everything together to prove that she murdered Caylee. the parties, renting the video the 16th w/Tony, the decomp smell in trunk...the list goes on.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:10 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I think the autopsy will be released before trial.On NG last night at the bottom of the red flashing screen that drives my BP sky high, it said "autopsy to be released at any moment." Of course, that is coming from her loving producers so who knows??
She's full of crap, Enquirer quoting TV person. (I read, don't report!) :lol!:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:12 pm

he's won that battle but not the war! :x
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:15 pm

Didnt we hear that also in the video it shows Baez with his hand, well, his hand on KC in a certain way? Maybe that is really why he fought so hard to keep it out.
It may have created sympathy for KC, or it could have done the opposite, OR it could have shown Baez and KC in a "bad light"??? affraid
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Sentinel filed motion to intervene:

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:30 pm

Casey Anthony: Jail videotape 'so damaging,' judge rules

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:32 pm

Watch interview w/ WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer discussing judge's ruling to seal jailhouse video of Casey Anthony:

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:39 pm

HLN said that the Judge stated that if the video was released, that there would be no way KC could get a fair trial in the State of Florida! **coughs**sputters**Bu**Chit!** She's done.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:42 pm

~FystyAngel~ wrote:HLN said that the Judge stated that if the video was released, that there would be no way KC could get a fair trial in the State of Florida! **coughs**sputters**Bu**Chit!** She's done.

ha ha ha! no matter what she will get a fair trial! actions speak louder than words and her actions (along with the anthony's) are enough to convict anybody!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:50 am

"Given the nature and scope of the pretrial publicity, it is not unreasonable to assume that many persons in the potential jury pool might view this video and develop a 'hardened' attitude in reference to the defendant's guilt," he wrote

I would say this pretty much sums it up. Stricklands ruling WAS because this video WOULD show the defendant's guilt.
Those words say it all. He watched it; he made his ruling based on what he saw and knew the contents of the video COULD "develop a "hardened" attitude in reference to the defendant's GUILT."
AMEN
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:24 pm

This news bugs me a little bit though. Since when does doubling over and hyperventilating indicate guilt? im not saying she isnt guilty, cause i believe she is, but i've seen a few people hyperventilate, and can think of 3 of my friends who hyperventilated and had panic attacks after they had their hearts broke for whatever reason...

I guess its possible it was done in such a fake way he thought it indicated she was guilty. Or maybe it was just obviously hyperventilation due to stress and not emotional turmoil.

I feel as if im the only person genuinely kind of upset they arent releasing this video. I know my mother even says she understands, but i do not. This video will be shown in trial anyways, like it wont affect a jury then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:28 pm

sassybtsweet wrote:This news bugs me a little bit though. Since when does doubling over and hyperventilating indicate guilt? im not saying she isnt guilty, cause i believe she is, but i've seen a few people hyperventilate, and can think of 3 of my friends who hyperventilated and had panic attacks after they had their hearts broke for whatever reason...

I guess its possible it was done in such a fake way he thought it indicated she was guilty. Or maybe it was just obviously hyperventilation due to stress and not emotional turmoil.

I feel as if im the only person genuinely kind of upset they arent releasing this video. I know my mother even says she understands, but i do not. This video will be shown in trial anyways, like it wont affect a jury then.
I am not certain it will be allowed in as evidence at trial. I think one would have to watch it and draw our own conclusions.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:32 pm

Really? if its really as damning as the judge claims, it would be rather sad it couldnt be included in the trial....

and i agree, im sure everyone would have a different opinion of the video if they saw it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:34 pm

sassybtsweet wrote:Really? if its really as damning as the judge claims, it would be rather sad it couldnt be included in the trial....

and i agree, im sure everyone would have a different opinion of the video if they saw it.
I agree. If Strickland looked at it and said it was "damning", why not release it as part of evidence???
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:39 pm

sassy, I can assure you that you aren't the only one upset about the video not being released. I am also, ONLY because I thought that a person in jail had no privacy rights, except with their attorney, AND because she showed absolutely NO reaction when she was watching LP on TV the day he had his divers in the Econ River. This to me says she is guilty as sin, which we all know, but the video would be a good "reminder" of how she did NOT react the day LP was searching. So WTF Guess the judge thought it would taint the jury pool. That's all I can figure... :idk:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:47 pm

Even though Momster won't be there on Friday, I have to wonder if the Ant's will be there???
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:51 pm

IMO i think its worse if they are only witholding it now to release it at trial. if thats the end game, they're better off at letting it go now, so people have time to watch it and analyze it, and kind of get over it.

A jury is more likely to go from "This shows she is guilty!" to "well, it could also be a real sign of grief.." if given a longer length of time to analyze it.

maybe thats what they dont want to actually happen. Just as wrap mentioned, it makes no sense that they wont release it if its so damning. So they could be lying to everyone, when in reality its that they dont want anyone to see it and feel any sympathy towards her.

ETA: Also, i dont know why i defend a person i know is guilty in one way or several, but i do have to say that she had no reaction the day they were searching the river, she also claimed to everyone at that point she felt caylee was still alive (though obviously, she probably knew better)...its alot different when the newscast is searching for a body, instead of big bold headlines saying they found a tiny skeleton that resembles a 2 year old
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Wrap said:Even though Momster won't be there on Friday, I have to wonder if the Ant's will be there???

I got my bet on that they will be there. They seem to love the spotlight, you know. Do you know if there will be a live stream for the hearing? I'll be checking in the morning, since now I KNOW tomorrow is friday :lol!: affraid
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:49 pm

I don't even want to take a chance that a juror would see this video of KC and have sympathy for her. No one even knew for sure that was Caylee that day except KC. She was not acting that way out of grief but out of anguish that she was busted!!!! For KC it was always about her and not little Caylee. It won't come out at trial I am positive it won't. Baez has people that testified under oath that in their opinion it was cruel and unusual treatment. They are the same people who work with the worst of human beings on a daily basis so they are the ones that protect or don't protect scum like KC. Nothing is to cruel for people like KC. I hope her toilet is full of mold and makes her sick. Barf
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:43 pm

No one even knew for sure that was Caylee that day except KC. She was not acting that way out of grief but out of anguish that she was busted!!!! For KC it was always about her and not little Caylee.

this is why that video is so damming!!!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:55 pm

my question is, have any jail tapes been used for evidence to convict someone before?
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:08 pm

Good question, juanita.
I've never heard of one before, but then again, I've never heard of a case in my life that had so much drama and inappropriate incidents as this one.
I'm a little surprised that even the jailhouse officers told baez in their depos that they thought it was "cruel". I wonder if they got in any trouble for saying that? Shocked 2
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:32 pm

My 2 cents thought here might seem stupid to the rest of you but I can't help voicing it: If they were to release that video now and the trial doesn't take place until a year or so from now, I think we will see it every single day, over, and over and over on the NG show. I am so sick of seeing that jailhouse visit clip with CA and GA but I don't think seeing her hyperventilate would be a better substitute.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:34 pm

TerryRose wrote:My 2 cents thought here might seem stupid to the rest of you but I can't help voicing it: If they were to release that video now and the trial doesn't take place until a year or so from now, I think we will see it every single day, over, and over and over on the NG show. I am so sick of seeing that jailhouse visit clip with CA and GA but I don't think seeing her hyperventilate would be a better substitute.
In total agreement. And, hold on to your hat, tomorrow..Nancy is going to have video tape of Cindy Anthony for the enire hour. I think I'll pass, thanks. :evil:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:38 pm

i wonder if cindy likes watching herself on TV and if she critiques her behavior and practices what shes going to say etc
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:17 am

unleashthelawyers wrote:"Given the nature and scope of the pretrial publicity, it is not unreasonable to assume that many persons in the potential jury pool might view this video and develop a 'hardened' attitude in reference to the defendant's guilt," he wrote

I would say this pretty much sums it up. Stricklands ruling WAS because this video WOULD show the defendant's guilt.
Those words say it all. He watched it; he made his ruling based on what he saw and knew the contents of the video COULD "develop a "hardened" attitude in reference to the defendant's GUILT."
AMEN

I have to say, I am even a little worried about the judge's wording in this ruling being used by KC's defense as an example that even HE suggested it showed she was guilty, if and when she is convicted. I just mean that I could see her appeal attorneys using this statement to say, the judge's statement had prejudiced the public, to BELIEVE our client was guilty. I just didn't like his wording.
However, I can also add this. I don't think there will be ANYTHING done in this case, that will EVER give KC another shot at a second trial. I mean a defense attorney fell asleep once during a trial and he didnt get a new trial. The court ruled, well, he didn't fall asleep during the "important" parts of the trial. LOL! And look, KC has the VERY BEST attorneys money, (cough, cough, publicity for the attorneys) could buy. So, there's no way to say ineffective assistance of counsel, that's for sure. I mean, if a person who had to use a public defender with one year of court under their belt, is considered effective, then her team certainly should be seen as effective.
So, on one hand, I don't think the tape being seen, would ever get her an appeal for a new trial. However, I really don't care if I see the tape either. We've heard thousands of descriptions of how she acted. So, who cares, really. I don't want to take ANY chances, like some here already sad, that it may give some sympathy for her.
But geez, it seems like because she asked for a sedative, that made this a "medical treatment" trip and created this controversy. Hail, why didn't they just put her in front of a tv somewhere else? Then we wouldn't even be having this discussion because there would be no "violation of privacy" in another are of the jail. The should have put it at the station where she says she can see 24/7 anyway, in front of her cell. She has a camera in there. UGH!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:45 am

yup exactly i agree. all i really care about is whether this tape is admissible as evidence or not. alone, this tape is not enough to show her guilt, in combination with other evidence, it probably does
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:30 am

BooHoo to the Anthony's. The judge in essence said NOT your place to object. Autopsy will be released today
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:48 am

WOO! tell them judge!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down