Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Voice In Honor of Missing Children

+3
TerryRose
HippieChick
Wrapitup
7 posters

Go down

A Voice In Honor of Missing Children Empty A Voice In Honor of Missing Children

Post by Wrapitup Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:06 pm

Posted on September 28th, 2010 by Jan Barrett

I have to admit to everyone that I am by far no professional or expert on the subject. I have never claimed to be, but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see there is something wrong in this world.

We see mother’s or father’s harming their innocent children which will scar them for the rest of their lives or even worse take their lives before they even have a chance in this world.

We see the courts let criminals that are clearly sex offenders back out on the streets knowing that just because they served their time, they haven’t learned anything. Officials know they are more than likely going to go right back out and commit another horrible thing again. They take these small children and they abuse them. They torture them, rape them and then kill them.

Some are obsessed with having their own children that they just pick randomly one from a park, shopping center, schools and even while they are out playing in their own yards at their home.

The point is there are so many people taking innocent children from their family only never to be seen again.

In July of 2008 I read a news story about the two year old child from Orlando Florida, Caylee Anthony. Something kept pushing me to follow the story. Usually when I would write something I would write the article, publish it and go on to something else but something about this precious child’s eyes got to me. I couldn’t get her off of my mind so I found myself checking the news everyday. I had no clue this would become a high profile case that has been delayed over and over again while defense attorneys try every trick in the book to keep their client from facing a jury that would determine her fate. Caylee’s remains were found on December 11, 2008. Her mother has been charged with first degree murder of her daughter and she is facing the death penalty and is now the trial is scheduled to begin the first part of May of 2011.

In January of 2009 a little 6 year old boy, Adji Desir disappeared from his grandmother’s home where he had been playing. Once again this was also in Florida. Adji’s grandmother was watching Adji while his mother was at work. To the best of my knowledge this little boy has never been found. We don’t hear his name in the news anymore. Where is Adji Desir? That is a good question, does anyone have an answer? Someone somewhere has the answer.

In February of 2009 we got involved with another case of a missing little girl from Florida as well. This time it was a 5 year old child, Haleigh Cummings, with the most beautiful smile ever on her face that has now captured the hearts of just about any mother or father that has read about her case. Haleigh’s case has become a much publicized case and I am sure that the one responsible for this little girl never dreamed it would get so big. Families fighting against each other, pointing their fingers at any suspect they can to keep LE from blaming them. Everyone wants to be the one to solve this case.

The problem here is that somewhere along the line a lot of people forgot why they were here to begin with. They seem to have forgotten that the main focus here should be about the sweet adorable little girl, Haleigh Cummings that no one seems to know where she is. There is basically no news. Sure they have the three main people involved in jail for drug charges and most seem satisfied that they are behind bars but as of yet no one has been charged in Haleigh’s case. Haleigh hasn’t been found and all we hear are theories and opinions but some are completely convinced that their theory is correct, mainly because of their sources that they trust.

No one can give a straight answer. Rumors pass around that this person knows for sure this or that but no one questions if they indeed know these facts then why they wouldn’t be charged with obstruction of justice. If suddenly they have all this information, why go directly to the media. Why go on national TV just to announce what you “Think” happened. More importantly, if it is true how come the person said to be responsible has not been charged with Haleigh’s murder.

All this comes back to the one question, where is Haleigh Cummings? How come none of these people have gone to LE and reported what they know before now. If they would little Haleigh just might have been found before now. Where is Haleigh?

In October of 2009 another Florida girl disappeared, 7 year old Somer Thompson. She was walking home from school when she was separated from her sister and brother. Somer was never seen alive again after that. A few days after she was reported missing her lifeless little body was found in a Georgia landfill. He legs were sticking out but the rest was covered with garbage. This precious child was thrown out like trash.

In November of 2009 a little 5 year old girl, Shaniya Davis, from Fayetteville, NC was kidnapped. Her mother claimed that the last time she saw her daughter was about 5:30 that morning but the police expected foul play right away. This little girl was a beautiful child. I hated reporting that this little girl’s body had been found off the side of the road along a pile of trash and deer carcasses. She had been thrown out with the garbage. The man that took her was caught on video tape carrying the child going towards an elevator. He was caught and charged with first degree murder and first degree rape of a child and kidnapping. The mother also was involved and charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution. It turns out the mother had apparently sold her daughter as a sex slave to the man.

These cases are just a few that I have reported on. There are too many for me to sit and list right now. Everyday I get notices of another person missing. I wonder why so many. What have all these children done to deserve this? Are the drug and alcohol problems out there gotten so bad that we now are having our innocent children paying for the addictions? What can we do? God only knows other than keep praying, I don’t have an answer.

There are a few happy endings in some of the missing children’s cases. The children are found safe and unharmed. That is an answer to a lot of prayers. Remember 11 year old Jaycee Dugard? She was kidnapped in June of 1991. She was gone for 18 years and she was located in August of 2009. Her kidnappers kept her hid and by then she had 2 children of her own. Imagine how her family felt when they got the news that she was alive and had been found.

If this were your child taken from you and then found, you would be down on your knees thanking God, so would I. What about those that are still waiting for a knock at their front door and find their missing child standing there.

I just wrote an article about a 10 year old girl who disappeared when she had gone to her neighborhood grocery store to buy candy that was only two blocks from her home. It was as though she just disappeared out of thin air. It has been 17 years now since Andrea Parsons was last seen by her loved ones. Detectives have never been able to solve this case. You can go here and see the progressed photo they come up with to give everyone an idea of what this girl (now grown woman, if she is indeed out there alive somewhere) would look like today in case anyone sees her.

We can all write to our congress, we can write to our Governors and hell we could even write to the president of the United States but will this help find the answers. I don’t know but it can’t hurt to try. Why do they let the people that commit such crimes back out on the streets. Laws can be changed to make the punishments more harsh if only they would do it. Why won’t they listen to mothers and father’s screaming at them to do something to help save our children, the future of this country? Why do they wait until tragedy hits one of our homes before even noticing that another crime has been inflicted upon an innocent child?

Someone needs to be a Voice for the Missing, whether it be a young child or an adult even that has disappeared. Someone needs to speak up. I am limited to what I can do here but I can ask everyone out there to please reach out. If someone is missing in your area, continue writing and asking LE about the case especially if it seems to being cold. Sometimes this really adds pressure to them to try harder to solve the case.

Do this because you care though. Do it because you want this attack on our children to stop. Do this to hopefully prevent it from happening to yet another innocent child. I pray that God will lead these children home. I could go on and on with this but I am going to stop. I am just going to ask that everyone join together and try to fight this. United We Stand! Help save the children. God bless them all.

Jan Barrett

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kudo's to Jan for a beautifully written and heart wrenching article!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

A Voice In Honor of Missing Children Empty Re: A Voice In Honor of Missing Children

Post by HippieChick Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Jan, you are so right and as I sit here in absolute disbelief over the fate of Zarah Baker, I think, this isn't even the worst of it. Someday a case will come along that will shock us worse than the Zarah case. Just as surely as I sat and cried over Caylee, who was found the day my father died, I thought surely nothing worse would ever be reported about a child than what I was hearing about Caylee. Now this. Whats next? What can people do? There seem to be too many sick people out there for us to protect our kids. Gone are the days kids could go out and play and use their imaginations and built treehouses and take picnic lunches and be gone all day, and safe. Now, you don't dare take your eyes off of them. Kids snatched from their beds and yards and from bus stops. Where will it end? Whats the cause for such heinous atrochities? Is is society and the permiscious behavior of sick sex offenders, of people who have no regard for human life much less the life of a child, what? I am speechless with grief, I guess I knew Zarahs body would eventually be found, and there will be more gruesome details in the days to come and I don't know how I will be able to bear that news when it comes. Its almost too much to bear. I pray for all the little children who go to sleep tonight in an unsafe place, with no food in their tummies, with adults who abuse them and treat them worse than some people treat dogs. May they find peace and safety. May we all report anyone, no matter who, we suspect is abusing a child. Even if its family.

HippieChick crying

excuse terrible spelling errors
HippieChick
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

A Voice In Honor of Missing Children Empty Re: A Voice In Honor of Missing Children

Post by TerryRose Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Amen to everything you have written, HippieChick. crying
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:22 pm

HippieChick, I couldn't have said it better myself!!

The world as we know it today is nothing like yesterday, and so forth... It is only getting worse, and I am scared for not only my young children now, but their children in the future.

We must stay vigilant and do what ever necessary to keep these children safe from these monsters
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:05 pm

I laid in bed a long time last night second-guessing bringing children into this world. I love my (grown) kids dearly but what kind of a world are we leaving them, and our grandkids? Its a sad sad state of affairs (as my dearly departed father used to always say) and I am sad for what this world wioll be in 10-20 or even 50 years.....so glad I will be gone and not here to see what its turned in to.

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:46 pm

HippieChick, let us not despair, but rather pray (if you are a person of faith) that God will control all things for the good and the benefit of our children, grandchildren and our posterity. The pendulum always swings widely, from one extreme to the other, and will swing again back to the center after it has reached its outer maximum. It has been this way throughout history. Sure, it is hard for decent people to live through what has taken hold in our society, but persevere we must, knowing that this has been predicted to be. When I become concerned for my own, I just pray, and I have come to the realization that the world actually needs the children of the good in order to have a balance. They will be the saviors of the future. If the good among us refrain from having children, then there will certainly be a decline and destruction of civilization.

I myself am very bothered by what I see going on in society and wonder about it, how so many can accept this trend and not care, but I was not put in a position of power to do anything about it. Therefore, let us relish each day with gratitude for the young born among us, our good friends and relatives that are good people, and also relish those we meet in the strangest of places (like Victims' Heartland) that are of one mind with us about the horrible situations we discuss. We at least know that the members here actually care along with us and we are not the only ones in this world who care about this depressing situation in society. For me, it helps to know that, across this whole vast country, there are people joining VH for the simple reason that they all care as much as I do.

Incidentally, reading your post on the heels of watching Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theories program tonight just put me in a fearful mood and feeling the sorrow you feel all the more. Tonight's program included the building and running of what appear to be concentration camps across the country, some seem to be already occupied with some children, and the stockpiling at one of them with hundreds of thousands of coffins at the ready---all on tape and not fiction. Who knows what our future will bring?----We shall do what we can for goodness now and relish each moment that we have with each other.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:53 am

I myself am very bothered by what I see going on in society and wonder about it, how so many can accept this trend and not care, but I was not put in a position of power to do anything about it.
TR, your post speaks volumes. I think that a lot of people have such busy lives that they don't keep up with the news or turn a blind eye because it is too difficult for them to watch. They feel that if they don't watch what is happening to our children (while they are raising their own) and not think about it, then it could never happen to them. I know lot's of younger people like that...some in my family and it bothers me GREATLY!!

I respect your first para very much although I may not see things in that light per se'. However, I will say this: Today, w/the announcement of Zahra Baker's death has caused me to become less cynical about "God". I don't know if this w/make sense and I really don't want to start a debate about it, but I don't like praying out of fear. I think if a person prays, they should do it just to feel good about themselves and others. Many people who are "non-believers" find themselves praying when something horrific or challenging comes their way. I personally don't feel that is genuine.

As far as Ventura's CT, I had never heard of this before. I have always rather liked listening to JV but had no idea of this rather radical theory.Where are these concentration camps? This is chilling!!!!

I fear greatly for our grandchildren and their children after we are long gone. I hope you are right when you said:
I have come to the realization that the world actually needs the children of the good in order to have a balance. They will be the saviors of the future. If the good among us refrain from having children, then there will certainly be a decline and destruction of civilization.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:36 am

Wrap wrote, "As far as Ventura's CT, I had never heard of this before. I have always rather liked listening to JV but had no idea of this rather radical theory.Where are these concentration camps? This is chilling!!!!"

There is one in Austin, Texas, Wrap. All are constructed as residences for families, all are locked and off limits to a casual visitor, all are secretive about their purpose, all have barbed wire facing inward---in other words, they are preventing people from getting out and not preventing people from getting in.

If you do not have cable TRU TV station, then you can view parts 1,2,and3 of this broadcast on JV's Facebook Page----Here is the link:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:54 pm

OMG!!!!!!!! I have TRUTV (was just watching it last night) and will check it out. WHY would there be Concentration Camps and how do you know there is one in Austin? Are they all over the US and does JV have definite proof?

I guess I should watch it and quit asking you questions. Holy Shit!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:29 am

Wrap,

Where have you been? I saw videos on these concentration camps a couple of years ago.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:32 am

Praying For Faith wrote:Wrap,

Where have you been? I saw videos on these concentration camps a couple of years ago.

Color me (sorry Wrap, ripped off your saying) ignorant because I have no idea of what this is either. Looks like I will be up all night reading!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:14 am

Popping by to read all of the wonderful comments up thread.thinking along the same lines. SOMEONE needs to take on this horrible epidemic, someone smart and very visible. My mind has been tossing around the idea of our First Lady, Michelle O.
There is no more visible woman in America right now that could grab Americans hearts, capture their attention in a positive way, than a First Lady. Look what other First Ladies have accomplished over the years, nothing as important as this cause. Attention must be brought to the American forefront of the news, EVERY day. Every day. Keep drumming into people that our children are so important to our world's future.
Start teaching early in schools how important human life is, that is not a video game, that death is real. Teach children that when they grow up to, respect the human life that has been given to them to nurture and watch grow. This disgusting treatment of our innocent children HAS to be stopped. Stiffer sentences for mother's like Antionette Davis. She was out of jail before you could blink, and she was responsible for serving her beautiful daughter up on a platter, for drugs.
HARD drugs have changed so many parents from loving caretakers, to living in their drug induced haze where children can just get in their way of Living the Good Life. The children become like a fly, slap it , and it will go away.No worries, the family's can just continue to bring more children into the world as nothing more than a commodity, a trip to the gravy train. The world of Aid For Dependent Children, Food Stamps, free school lunches, free medical care at clinics since there is no income to account for, I could go and on. A lot of these Non-Parents consider a child nothing but a paycheck and a pain in their tail.
Let's all bombard politicians with letters, emails, phone calls to their staff, esp Michelle O. How could any parent, any American not realize the seriousness of this horrible epidemic.
Rest In Peace Zahra, and the other angels that she has joined.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:24 am

raine1953 wrote:
Praying For Faith wrote:Wrap,

Color me (sorry Wrap, ripped off your saying) ignorant because I have no idea of what this is either. Looks like I will be up all night reading!
What scares me are all of the coffins on hand. Just like the people inside are expected to never to leave the CT's on their own two feet. Like Lepor's being separated from society, could the people inside have some horrible disease that has not responded to medicine? A disease that is airborne, maybe the, cooks,maids, attendants, all of the people inside wear protective gear. If it was only adults inside the CT's I would have thought maybe they were the worst of the worst criminals. Having children in there with the adults changed my thoughts to the possible idea of sick, contagious people.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:03 am

Good to see you, Critter. What you said upthread made a lot of sense.

I don't know a thing when it comes to what JV is talking about. I am so upset over Zahra that I don't think I could take reading this right now. But, Thank you, TR. I WILL read it. Just not now. Thank you, Raine so I don't feel like the only one that has been living under a rock, and you can use my saying anytime.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down