Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joshua Davis Jr, 18 month old missing from home in Texas. Did he wander off on his own?/ Mother gives birth to new baby/CPS has taken custody of new baby

+6
Silvahalo
Wrapitup
charminglane
jeanne1807
raine1953
CritterFan1
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Joshua Davis Jr, 18 month old missing from home in Texas. Did he wander off on his own?/ Mother gives birth to new baby/CPS has taken custody of new baby - Page 2 Empty Re: Joshua Davis Jr, 18 month old missing from home in Texas. Did he wander off on his own?/ Mother gives birth to new baby/CPS has taken custody of new baby

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:54 pm

OK I got it figured out Sabrina Benitez is Married to Brandon Benitez not Joshua Davis SR.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Joshua Davis Jr, 18 month old missing from home in Texas. Did he wander off on his own?/ Mother gives birth to new baby/CPS has taken custody of new baby - Page 2 Empty Re: Joshua Davis Jr, 18 month old missing from home in Texas. Did he wander off on his own?/ Mother gives birth to new baby/CPS has taken custody of new baby

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks for finding their Facebook's. Not a lot of information, is there?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:59 am

I copied this from her MS page:

Hey There(; Name's Sabrina, make me a name? (;
I'm 15 years young, And it's pretty fucken chill (:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It sounds like she is only 15 years old? If so, she wouldn't be married yet. I wonder if this is correct? :scratch:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:54 am

Rainbow, that's the wrong Sabrina, we had a bit of confusion on this today. Sabrina, Joshua's Mom FB is: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:58 am

Rainbow wrote:I copied this from her MS page:

Hey There(; Name's Sabrina, make me a name? (;
I'm 15 years young, And it's pretty fucken chill (:

It sounds like she is only 15 years old? If so, she wouldn't be married yet. I wonder if this is correct? :scratch:
Her Facebook says: Roosevelt High School - Class of 2008

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:48 am

What a beautiful baby boy. I do not understand how this case is falling through the cracks. I am going to make it a goal of mine to find out what LE is doing about this. Sabrina is now 19 yrs old.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:31 am

19 years old with an 18 mo old missing and a newborn. (Shakes head)
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Joshua Davis Jr, 18 month old missing from home in Texas. Did he wander off on his own?/ Mother gives birth to new baby/CPS has taken custody of new baby - Page 2 Empty very strange

Post by Vera Nordalm Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:21 pm

I hate to think the worse of people, but given the current news, there is not much hope out there. What I find this story really strange, why the police focuses on searching the ground while the family is saying someone took him from the house, apparently they had a big party (BBQ) with lots of people and think someone in the house took the baby. Too similar to Shaniya Davis story. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] had some good info, including the dad's twitter account, which is hard to follow.

Vera Nordalm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:30 pm

vera welcome2 to Victims Heartland. Thank you for the link to kgnb.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:36 pm

And thanks for referring us to this site from kgnb.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:26 am

Thanks for clarifying, raine & BJ! I was a bit confused, but that makes more sense. She didn't look 15!

Welcome to VH, Vera! :cheering:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:47 am

OMG, that is the father talking like that. I am not at all surprised. I really do think this pair are from the Hood. I do wonder what really happened to this precious boy.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:27 am

Vera, welcome to VH! Was that twitter link to Joshua's Father? He's not even talking about his son being missing just his music!
This case really bothers me too, a house full of people, parents feel someone that was there took that adorable little boy and LE was concentrating on looking in the fields. I would think they would have had a dual search going on!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:30 am

I didn't check the dates prior to posting, OK he's not talking about Joshua because it was way before he went missing. My mistake.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Some interesting conversations going on at this site.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:55 pm

Thank you, Vera! Welcome!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvahalo Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Joshua Davis Jr, 18 month old missing from home in Texas. Did he wander off on his own?/ Mother gives birth to new baby/CPS has taken custody of new baby - Page 2 87540b92

Updated 03:37 a.m., Friday, April 1, 2011
NEW BRAUNFELS— Friends of Joshua Davis Jr.'s family have put up a billboard on Interstate 35 to keep the toddler's mysterious disappearance in the public eye.
The sign, located near the Texas 46 intersection, shows one of the most recent photos of the boy, who was 18 months old when he who disappeared on Feb. 4 from his parents' house and mentions a $5,000 reward. The cumulative rewards made available for the information, put up by Comal County Crime Stoppers and the FBI, total $20,000.
Police, Texas Rangers, FBI agents and even prison system dog teams scoured the city for weeks to no avail. But with no leads and no arrests, says a family friend, the case has been out of the news for weeks. [...]
“We're just trying to do anything we can to keep the name out there,” said Angie Flack. “There's not a lot of publicity and there's still a child missing. People need to remember that.”
Nothing even with the $20,000. I was hoping for my by now.
Silvahalo
Silvahalo

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:46 am

Joshua's parents, his Aunt and Grandma were on the Bring Them Home Now radio program on April 6th and it's very interesting and definitely worth listening to. The family sounds heartbroken, they name a person who was at their home the evening Joshua went missing as someone they think took him. That person has spoken with police but then lawyered up. The Mom hasn't taken a poly yet, she was told she could not until 90 days after the baby was born because of hormones. I have to question WTH is LE doing? Again, in Texas!

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:14 pm

The Mom hasn't taken a poly yet, she was told she could not until 90 days after the baby was born because of hormones. I have to question WTH is LE doing? Again, in Texas!
B to the S on that one!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Did you listen to the show Wrap? It really is worth it. The parents sound very upset and sincere to me. I haven't tried to find a transcript of the show but listening to them talk is what made me form an opinion on them.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:39 pm

No, but I promise I will listen.

I just don't believe it takes 3 months after a baby is born in order to take a poly and it's because of hormones. What if it was the baby that were missing? Hormones be damned..give me the poly!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvahalo Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:11 pm

Thanks for the info Rain, was wondering about the poly test....so agree wrapitup!

I'm jaded. I want to believe they know nothing, not a part of this at all...NOT saying they are, I'm suspicious tho. I hope I'm entirely wrong on my feelings and that, only want little Joshua to be found safe and sound.
Silvahalo
Silvahalo

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:17 pm

lindamarie wrote:Some interesting conversations going on at this site.

Wow! Those comments!! Great link linda! Joshua Davis Jr, 18 month old missing from home in Texas. Did he wander off on his own?/ Mother gives birth to new baby/CPS has taken custody of new baby - Page 2 482713

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

http://abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks, LM.
Another very hinky situation.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:34 am

I dunno what happened to this child, if he wandered off (I doubt it) or what, but I hope she keeps better eye on this new baby. When she has the new baby in her care, that is. Too many grandparents are raising their grandkids these days. Very sad. I am sure I would step in and raise one or more of mine but God help me, it would kill me for sure. Just having one at a time for overnights is tough for us.

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:25 am

I so agree about the grandparents parenting grandbabies but in this case better safe than sorry!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new avitar Hippie!!!!
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by HippieChick Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:21 pm

New avatar is thanks to you, Slys, cos you told me how you found yours. It was so incredibly easy I felt like a dumbass when I found them.

HippieChick
HippieChick
HippieChick

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Missing tot's parents plead for public's help

NEW BRAUNFELS — Looking sad-eyed and heartbroken, the parents of missing toddler Joshua Davis Jr. once again begged the public to help find their son.
Mother Sabrina Benitez said she clutches his blanket when she sleeps at night.
“I miss holding him at night,” a tearful Benitez said Tuesday. “I miss him crying in the night for his cup. I miss waking up to his morning kisses.”
Father Joshua Davis Sr. said some days are more difficult than others.
“It's hard going to work every day,” he said, “not knowing where my little boy is ... not knowing where he's putting his head down at night.”
Their boy was 18 months old when he disappeared from his parents' mobile home on the southern edge of town on Feb. 4. It was the coldest night of the year, with the temperature dipping to 19 degrees.
A large-scale search began that night and continued for weeks. It included hundreds of volunteers, trained search teams, helicopter sweeps, state prison bloodhounds, and cadaver-sniffing dogs.
Homes, yards and outbuildings were searched, as were two square miles of hardscrabble fields around the home. The FBI sent two dozen agents to pore over evidence and interview witnesses.
The family handed out fliers around town, and friends have put up a billboard on Interstate 35 seeking information about the boy's disappearance.
Friends, Comal County Crime Stoppers and the FBI have posted offers of rewards totaling $22,000, trying to shake loose any information that could lead to recovery of the boy and the arrest of anyone involved in his disappearance.
The boy's parents said they suspect a longtime family friend, who left shortly before the boy disappeared, could be involved. He gave conflicting versions of events that night — which door he used to leave, for example — and claimed the tot tried to follow him out the door that night.
The parents say the man declined to take a polygraph test, never helped in the search, and has since avoided the family. They claim he has hired an attorney, but say police don't consider him a suspect.
New Braunfels police are saying little about specifics of the case.
“It's still an open investigation,” said Lt. John McDonald. “We've still got people working on it every day, and we're still working with the FBI. We're committed to finding that little boy.”
The parents said they remain determined that Joshua will come home.
“We still believe he's out there,” Benitez said. “We still need your help.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:29 pm

Investigator Claims New Lead In Baby Joshua Case
POSTED: Wednesday, May 18, 2011

NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas -- It's been more than three months since the disappearance of Joshua Davis Jr., and questions still remain over what happened to the baby boy.

In the meantime, Child Protective Services has taken custody of the baby born to Joshua's parents, Sabrina Benitez and Joshua Davis Sr.
Benitez, who was pregnant at the time of Joshua's disappearance, must wait 90 days after giving birth to take a polygraph test.
read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:31 pm

This is the first I've heard that CPS took custody of the baby! Has anyone else heard anything about this? The date on the article is May 18 so this is old news.
I wonder if the Mom has taken the poly, it must have been 3 months since the baby was born.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:40 pm

I thought the grand parents had the baby???
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:00 pm

This is the first I have read that the baby was taken away. That is a good thing in my mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:13 pm

I tried to find more info on CPS taking the baby or the Mom taking a polygraph or not and I can't find anything at all. There just isn't any new info.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:49 am

The New Braunfels PD is keeping things close to the vest. Makes me think there is a lot more going on with this "couple" and their friends and family.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:50 pm

NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas -- The parents of a Texas toddler are struggling for answers days after their young son mysteriously disappeared from a house full of people.

Sabrina Benitez, the 18-month-old's mother, said she believes the boy was abducted -- insisting it would have been all but impossible for her boy to go outside. Even if he did, Benitez said, the toddler would have been smart enough to try to get back in or would have been spotted by now.

But New Braunfels Police Lt. Michael Penshorn said as of Monday, it's most likely that young Joshua Davis Jr. left the home without anyone noticing or taking him.

"The first scenario that we are looking at is that somehow the child was able to exit the house ... and basically disappear into the night," he told HLN's Nancy Grace on Monday.

Benitez, also speaking on HLN, said she was watching "Toy Story" with Joshua shortly before 8 p.m. Friday when he left the room, heading toward where six other adults and another child were. About 10 minutes later, when the boy hadn't come back to watch the video or pick up a toy, Benitez asked the others about his whereabouts.

But Joshua was nowhere to be found, neither inside nor outside the house. Within minutes, family members called police -- who investigated the scene and sent an alert to 2,500 nearby residents.

One individual came in and out of the house between when Benitez last saw the toddler and reported him missing, but that person is not considered a suspect. Penshorn said police don't think anyone at the house took the child. No Amber Alert has been issued for Joshua because such an alert typically requires solid evidence that an abduction took place.

"If for some reason somebody came and took that child, not only would (the people inside) have seen the child leave the residence, but they would have seen somebody come inside and take him," Penshorn said.

Still, Benitez said her toddler couldn't have gotten outside himself, noting he wasn't tall enough to turn a doorknob.

"The only way that the baby would have gotten out the door is (if) the front door (was) open," she said. "But we had the doors closed."

Ice covered the steps outside, leading Benitez to believe that there would be signs of Josh if he did get out.

Still, as of Monday, police searches involving people, helicopters and dogs hadn't led to any signs of the boy.

"They had scent dogs out here, and (they) said there was no scent of him leaving the yard," the toddler's father, Josh Davis Sr., told CNN affiliate KENS. "So I don't see how he could have wandered off, or else they would have picked something up."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:09 pm

The above article is from 2.8.2011.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:15 am

Thanks Raine. I am still working on the missing threads trying to update them and or move them.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Joshua Davis Jr, 18 month old missing from home in Texas. Did he wander off on his own?/ Mother gives birth to new baby/CPS has taken custody of new baby - Page 2 Empty Private Investigators Talk About missing Toddlers Case

Post by Silvahalo Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:40 pm

Yeah, that is about the same date I read on this case.
This one is sooo close to my parts, been following it.
Didn't read anything on the outcome of the last reinterviewing w/ family...I guess nothing new turned up.

SAN ANTONIO - It's been a year since a New Braunfels toddler disappeared and now a private investigator hired by the family is talking about what he thinks could have happened to the boy.

18-month-old Joshua Davis Jr. was reported missing at about 8:30 p.m. Feb. 4, 2011. A few weeks later, private investigator Charlie Parker says he was hired by the child's grandmother. Parker says he worked "day and night" on the case for about three months before he ran out of money.

Parker believes the boy could have gotten out the back door of the home that night.

"That's an average door, that's 36 inches high," Parker said about the door knob. "Baby Josh could not only walk but he could run."

Parker showed News 4 WOAI the route he thinks Josh could have taken, out the back door, down the steps and to the front yard of the house.

"If he got out into the street, he could have been run over. It was late at night. Drunks were going home. Someone could have hit him, picked him up, put him in the car, and tried to make it to the emergency room but panicked and dumped him," Parker said.

Police searches turned up no sign of Joshua and despite Parker's interviews and surveillance work, he says he found no evidence to support or contradict his theory.

"Remember, there's no blood in the house. There's no forensics or body fluid. There's nothing of any kind of evidence that shows a baby could have been killed in the house," he said. "I know that from sources I have."

Police believe there "probably" was an accident inside the home.

"If there was an accident in there, the only way I see that is if the baby got ahold of some pills or drugs. Then there wouldn't be blood or body fluids," Parker said.

[...]
New Braunfels Police say they have confirmed with the family the child was not kidnapped and that the child did not get out of the home.

Silvahalo
Silvahalo

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:53 pm

There's no way that beautiful little baby just got up and walked out of that house and walked away. This case still bothers me and I just hope that baby is safe and healthy with whoever he's with.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Joshua Davis Jr, 18 month old missing from home in Texas. Did he wander off on his own?/ Mother gives birth to new baby/CPS has taken custody of new baby - Page 2 Empty Two Years Since 18-Month-Old Joshua Davis Jr Vanished From His New Braunfels Home

Post by Wrapitup Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:39 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Joshua Davis Jr, 18 month old missing from home in Texas. Did he wander off on his own?/ Mother gives birth to new baby/CPS has taken custody of new baby - Page 2 Empty Joshua Jr. missing three years

Post by Wrapitup Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:34 pm

Posted: Tuesday, February 4, 2014 9:36 pm
By Dalondo Moultrie New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung

After three long years and no answers, family members of Joshua Davis Jr. said they are becoming more and more frustrated with the situation and more frustrated with the local police department’s shortage of information.
“Three years in a town as small as New Braunfels, it’s not that big,” said the boy’s father Joshua Davis Sr. “In a city so small, it’s hard to believe after all this time (investigators know) nothing.”

I am moving this very confusing and sad case to "cold cases".
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Joshua Davis Jr, 18 month old missing from home in Texas. Did he wander off on his own?/ Mother gives birth to new baby/CPS has taken custody of new baby - Page 2 Empty Three years later, New Braunfels toddler still missing

Post by Wrapitup Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:43 pm

BY ALIA MALIK, SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS : FEBRUARY 4, 2014 : Updated: February 4, 2014 3:22pm

Missing tot's dad held on probation violation

SAN ANTONIO — When he was last seen, Joshua Davis Jr. was wearing a beige and white onesie and no shoes.

Exactly three years have passed since Josh, then 18 months old, vanished from his family's home in the 2600 block of Savannah Hills Circle in New Braunfels.

The New Braunfels Police Department and other agencies are still searching for Josh. Comal County Crime Stoppers is offering a reward of up to $7,500 for information leading to an arrest and indictment in the case. The offer expires March 1, according to Crime Stoppers. Combined with other agencies, the amount of reward money attached to the case at one point reached $20,000.

The New Braunfels Police Department has not returned messages from the San Antonio Express-News seeking information on the status of the case.

Josh was two feet tall and 30 pounds when he disappeared. He was also wearing a blue and red plaid button-down long-sleeved shirt over a gray Rocaware brand long-sleeved T-shirt and dark blue Rocaware jeans with black and white socks.

The toddler, who would now be 4 years old, was on medication for asthma.

Police have said seven people were in the house when Joshua vanished and they suspect some of those people are not telling the truth. Investigators have said they think Josh was somehow injured and then taken away, perhaps run over by a car.

By now, police have said, they believe Josh is dead.

Anyone with information on the case should call 830-620-TIPS or 800-640-8422. All callers remain anonymous.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2