Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please.

+16
samgoodwin
Lilone
Slys Hunny
lisette
Bombshell
raine1953
Boston_Lady
janie
charminglane
Heike
cherylz
NiteSpinR
jeanne1807
Wrapitup
Nama
artgal16
20 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 8 Empty Re: Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please.

Post by Nama Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:19 am

Wrapitup wrote:Just thought of something..even w/the initals..her name w/be in the link. So, I wonder if it does any good? We Have to post a link. head bang
What am I missing here.? Are we banned from saying the name of the lying slut on VH? What's going on?

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 8 Empty Re: Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please.

Post by artgal16 Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:40 am

Wrap also any new members wont know who the heck we are talking about!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:26 pm

'Splain it to me, Lucy...
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:04 pm

Lilone wrote:'Splain it to me, Lucy...

The plan is to make all the media think no one is interested in or talking about the lying slut who was just on trial for murdering her two year old precious daughter by wrapping duct tape over her nose and mouth or her lying family members or her lying defense team, by using code names for all of them so that it will appear they are not a topic of any blogs. Theoretically, if no one is interested the price for an interview or book deal will go down. Hope that is a proper explanation...

My only interest at this point in keeping up with the bunch is to make sure I do not contribute to their "island fund". Barf
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:52 pm

Wrap wrote:
Just thought of something..even w/the initals..her name w/be in the link. So, I wonder if it does any good? We Have to post a link.
I know, Wrap, and also her name is still in the thread title, so I don't really know if it's a practical idea or not...Maybe if we just cut down on mentioning her name as much as possible it will help...IDK...I like your initials, though, and will use them.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:42 pm

ok so lets just call her lying slut that certainly works for me!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Im going to call her The Creature

Last edited by artgal16 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:59 pm

NiteSpinR wrote:ok so lets just call her lying slut that certainly works for me!
It worked for Bozo!.....her DEFENDER! It works for me, too, until a better one comes along. Maybe Bozo will come with a better one for us.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:14 pm

NiteSpinR wrote:ok so lets just call her lying slut that certainly works for me!
should I put the lying slut as a meta tag? lol
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:19 pm

If I have to go code to talk in this thread like on other unnamed sites i just wont bother!
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:03 pm

Nah, it won't really work. We are but one of many sites. We just happen to be a great one and I want to keep it that way. I refuse to lose members for the sake of code for the lying slut.

In reality, no matter what we or anyone does, I think the masses are all about seeing the infamous interview w/her and until she finally gives it up, even though it w/be b.s., she w/be in demand. Does it piss us off? Of course.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 pm

You are right wrap, for now we are sore from this injustice, but eventually it will fade away, shes the one that has to live with the guilt and what she did to Caylee. And you know what - shes going to mess up again, we will see it, I believe that absolutely. Shes a walking train wreck and shes not going to change, in fact she probably has become emboldened by this but in the end she will turn into an "old con" that everyone can see through,
who wants her life - no one.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:20 pm

I'll take her head on a platter.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:22 pm

LOL, Art. IMO, she is a young felony convicted con for check fraud, indited on a capital murder case and got off scott free, and like "Cheers", Everyone Knows Her Name.

She is Eating this up. Guaranteed.

I firmly believe she will mess up again. She might not murder anyone but she will continue to lie and possibly steal. I wouldn't doubt it if she ends up screwing the people, the defense, that was behind her for these 3 years. In particular, Bozo. She w/use and abuse and take this as far as she can go.

I see her back in the slammer eventually, just like OJ.

So, we shall just keep on as we have been and she will get her just desserts. (Stressed spelled backwards) over reaction

Last edited by Wrapitup on Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:26 pm

Read your avatar and check your spelling, wrap!

deserts. I forgive you-I know it is damn hot in Texas with no air conditioning!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:27 pm

charminglane wrote:I'll take her head on a platter.
You and millions of others.

She is pole dancer and huge waste crap and a major loser! Sucks to be her!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:29 pm

charminglane wrote:Read your avatar and check your spelling, wrap!

deserts. I forgive you-I know it is damn hot in Texas with no air conditioning!
Maybe she will just end up in a desert.

My a/c was never broken but I felt the heat at the kids! I know I am still brain damaged by it. crazy3
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:47 am

Where is Casey Anthony? That is the question everybody was asking but to tell you the truth I don't really think anybody other than Media care to know???

This story has been a huge money maker for a lot of people. The networks and talking heads have lined their pockets with gold from all of this commotion.

They will spend big money hunting her down for that first picture and that first location.

Think of Baez and Casey trying to avoid the big money being spent to find her.

Interesting thoughts I am having this monning with my coffee.

I will say this. Baez was underestimated. He pulled it off. He did what everybody said could not be done.

Now he manages to keep two women silent. His wife and his client. Nobody has heard a peep from either of them.

I think that a miracle!
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:42 am

Casey Anthony hit the bottle minutes after being released from jail ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ has seen video of Casey getting off a private jet in Florida, hours after she ended her stint behind bars. The video shows Casey holding a half-empty Corona beer bottle.

Casey is smiling as she deplanes. Her former lawyer, Todd Macaluso, is also on board. At one point Casey is heard saying, "I concur" -- a little legalese she probably picked up from her legal team.

Laughter erupts as someone screams, "De Plane, De Plane."

The video is being shopped around by Casey's people, along with anything else that isn't nailed down.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:22 am

YOU CANT MAKE THIS STUFF UP:
Bidding Ends At Nearly $1M For Casey Anthony Mask On eBay
Winning Bid $999,900 For eBay Mask

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Bidding ended Wednesday night on a life-like Casey Anthony mask on eBay. The winning bid stands at $999,900.

Click Like For Casey Anthony Updates:

It may be the scariest Halloween costume for 2011 -- a life-like Casey Anthony latex mask.

On Tuesday afternoon, the mask was fetching just under $200. By Wednesday morning, the highest bid stood at $24,300. In the end, 41 bidders drove the price to nearly $1 million.

Whether the unknown seller will actually pay that amount is not clear.

"Forget Freddy, Jason (and) Meyers," the mask's seller says on eBay.

The seller, who goes by the username prophunter, claims to be based in Los Angeles.

According to the seller, nine such masks were made for a parody video. The mask for sale is numbered six of nine pieces.

"No matter what your opinion of the trial is, this is still one heck of a conversation piece," writes prophunter.

And in case you were wondering about size, prophunter says the mask "fits most heads sizes comfortably."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:26 am

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The state on Wednesday added $80,000 to the total cost of prosecuting Casey Anthony.

Investigators for the Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation spent $10,645 looking for Caylee Anthony, tracking the calls of George and Cindy Anthony, Casey Anthony's ex-boyfriends Tony Lazzaro and Jesse Grund, and tracing Casey Anthony's movement through her cellphone records.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement said it spent $71,939 on investigating leads of false sightings of Caylee.

The court cost of acquitting Casey Anthony of murder and child abuse is $269,138, but the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the State Attorney's Office have not yet filed claims.

The cost of acquitting Casey Anthony included the $186,554 to select, house, feed and protect the jurors and court for the six-week trial.

The state will ask Judge Belvin Perry on Aug. 25 to order Casey Anthony to pay the total costs of investigation and prosecution. Casey Anthony's attorneys are expected to fight the state on the costs when this goes to court next month.

If Anthony's attorneys can get Perry to appeal her misdemeanor conviction for lying to investigators, she will have been acquitted of all charges and the defense could then bill the state for defense costs.

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:42 am

Wrap I didnt mean Id leave VH just the Casey thread...Im way too addicted to VH and would miss my friends here. I didnt mean it to be as grumpy as it sounded! Group Hug
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:47 am

Thank Goddess, Slys!

I would hate to think the lying slut would come between our friendship!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Bombshell Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:35 am

Ok, here is my take on stuff. If the media hadn't given attention to the mask, it wouldn't have fetched as much money as it did. It's a shame that any person would have that much money to throw around on such a novelty, when there are MANY charities that would have appreciated a donation of that magnitude.

Ive been tweeting a lot more lately, and that's given me a lot of enjoyment. I get tweets from Lisa Bloom, Diane Dimond, Steve Helling, Mark NeJame to name a few. Oh Vinnie, who can forget him?

Diane Dimond tweeted she was covering for NG and they were covering the latest on the lying slut. I tweeted her back and told her sorry, I will not be tuning in, I've had enough of her. And she needed to give other current missing people exposure.

After the show I got a tweet from her, and she told me she ended up not having to talk about the lying slut at all, the show focused on a girl from NH. I told her I knew, cause I tuned it, and thanked her very much.

If you want to follow me on Twitter, my UN is: honeyrun. Group Hug
Bombshell
Bombshell

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks, Bomb! Tweeting with the famous!!!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:28 pm

I dont understand the whole tweeting thing. Ive tried it a few times but it confuses my old mind!
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Bombshell Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:39 pm

Hunny, I, old, will be 60 on my nex bday. This is the first Ive done it since the trial. although I signed for it 3 yrs ago...lol. Im getting the hang of it. Practice makes perfect.
Bombshell
Bombshell

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:19 pm

I found the case of Alice Crimmins accused of murdering her children in 1965 really interesting reading again. Here is her story - before Casey Anthony case Alice Crimmins case was a media and tabloid sensation. Though convicted it was overturned on appeal and she spent only about 3 years in prison - how did she end up? She married a rich man and sailed away in his yacht!

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:45 pm

This is my take on the Mask bidding and winning.

I bet Cindy Anthony is going crazy. "That could have been me! That could have been me!"

Greed is a terrible sin. I am sure Cindy is going crazy thinking of all that money...tax free...in her pocket!

Actually I think the bidding war for Casey might have also reached new heights with this news.

After all if a mask can raise almost 100,000 just think what an interview will now be worth!!!
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:03 pm

Larry Flynt has offered the lying slut half a million dollars to pose nude for Hustler Magazine......heard it on Nancy Grace.
Larry Flynt won't say whether the lying slut's "people" approached him or if he approached them.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by janie Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:12 pm

I saw that on NG too BJ! Larry Flynt is disgusting!!! What's that old saying birds of a feather flock together. Bozo, the lying slut, and Larry Flynt are three of a kind. Barf Barf Barf
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:42 pm

I agree Janie! Birds of a feather.......
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:55 pm

That mask is one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen! Some website say there are 6 of them..others say 9. And they sold one for almost a cool million. I agree..this money could have gone for many, many great causes. I have zero respect for Ebay for allowing this to take place. I will never buy anything from them again! And, God help the person that wears that mask come Halloween..especially in Los Angeles. I think the lying slut is either in Hollywood or in Puerto Rico.

Just a thought. What if she dresses up exactly like the mask..fixes her hair and makeup just like it..puts that look that she is so famous for on her face and goes out in public. People w/think it's not her.
Am I losing it for thinking this or what?

Tweeting: Bomb, i was the same. Signed up years ago but didn't start tweeting until the trial. Have tweeted w/JVM, Vinnie and Mark Nejame. It's fun and you also get the very latest news.

Sly, keep trying. Once you get the hang of it, you will really like it. Also, I am VERY happy to hear you were not thinking of leaving us. We would be very sad if you did that. You would have gotten an email from me post haste asking you to please come back to us!! Couple Hugging

The TMZ article: If they have a video of her getting of TM's plane in Florida w/a Corona in hand.. where is it??? I can't stand this tease b.s. Don't tell us you have something and then not deliver it. And, IF they saw her deplaning, wouldn't they have followed her?

The appeal for "lying to police". NO WAY JP will accept that appeal. I can just hear him now. "You're appeal is DENIED!" Can't wait!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Oh, how could I forget the Larry Flynt idiot?

I think that the lying slut just may take him up on this. I think if Bozo or his minions tell her NO..she w/do it anyway. She doesn't have to say a word and she is used to taking her clothes off and being photographed so this is easy money for her. MOO.

(and sales for that issue will be sky high.) head bang
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:18 pm

I am hoping a Kardashian jumped in on the bidding for the mask and will be burning it on their front lawn.
Then--I MIGHT have some respect for at least one of them.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:28 am

NBC News statement regarding Casey Anthony

NBC News has not and will not offer money for a Casey Anthony interview.

No money has or will be offered, no licensing or other arrangements.

They did not deny or mention that they put Bozo up at a hotel and paying for all his meals.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:31 am

Unreal!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:19 am

I don't think it was the initial $500,000 that was the big deal it is the 10%of sales that would rake in the big money with Hustler.

He said he could make 20 million on Casey. So that would give her $2,500,000.

I wonder sometimes if the networks are saying they are not bidding because the bidding is over and they lost. So now they are bowing out gracefully..they think.

If Baez has been sitting in some NY hotel room all this time I will eat my hat!

Actually Hustler might be the way for Casey to go. If she could up that percentage to 20% she could show her ass and shut her mouth and that would be her "great deal". That would get her a cool $4,500,000 and she would never have to say a word.

Never fear. The crazies of this world would buy every copy. In Europe that magazine is gobbled up.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:00 am

While much of the broadcast and tabloid world speculates daily on Casey Anthony's whereabouts, records show that, legally, she ought to be here in Orange County.

When Circuit Judge Stan Strickland sentenced Anthony on check fraud and related charges in early 2010, he intended for her to serve a one-year probation sentence after her release from jail.

His intent is apparent from video and a printed transcript from the Jan. 25, 2010 sentencing. And that is how Strickland today says his sentence should have been interpreted.

"I have reviewed my sentencing transcript and she was to begin her probation sentencing once released," Strickland said Thursday.
Among many other restrictions, that probation would have confined Anthony to Orange County, unless she received approval by her probation officer to leave her home jurisdiction.

Officials with the state Department of Corrections were confused by Strickland's sentence, however. They contacted the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office and were told the probation sentence should be applied during her time in jail, according to DOC spokeswoman Gretl Plessinger.

According to the DOC, Anthony's probation was terminated on Jan. 24 — exactly one year after Strickland's sentence — while she was in jail awaiting trial in the death of her daughter Caylee Marie.

Anthony, 25, was acquitted earlier this month of the most serious charges against her, including first-degree murder. She was found guilty of four misdemeanor counts of lying to law enforcement. Early on July 17, she was released from the Orange County Jail with no restrictions whatsoever.

The handling of her probation in the check-fraud case underscores how the system largely ignored her actual sentence in that case. This is perhaps due to the mistaken assumption by many that Anthony likely would receive a lengthy prison sentence on the very serious charges she faced.

But a printed transcript from the January 2010 sentencing clearly shows that Strickland intended for Anthony to be on strict probation conditions upon her release from jail.

Strickland ordered, "there's going to be a withhold [of adjudication of guilt on some of the charges], followed by a year of supervised probation, once released — again, that's an issue here."

He also gave Anthony credit for 412 days time served in jail relating to that case.

A special condition Strickland applied to the probation sentence also suggests it was meant for after Anthony's release from jail: "no personal contact direct or indirect with the victim, Amy Huizenga."

Casey Anthony's complicated sentence involved 13 counts of check fraud, theft and fraudulent use of personal identification information involving Huizenga. Following her sentencing that day, Casey Anthony apologized to Huizenga, saying, "I wish I would have been a better friend."

Strickland explained to Anthony and her attorney Jose Baez that same day that he was withholding adjudication on seven counts against her and adjudicating her guilty on six counts.

"We can't withhold adjudication unless there's a period of probation attached to it," Strickland said at the time. "So we don't know what the future holds here. If the State's correct, there'll be a conviction and lengthy prison sentence, or worse. If the defense is correct, there will be an acquittal and she will walk free."

Immediately after that statement Strickland explained that the year of supervised probation should be applied "once released."

Later, during the same proceeding, the prosecution, including Assistant State Attorney Frank George, expressed concerns about the legality of having her probation start "at some indefinite time in the future."

George spoke about the possibility of Anthony's sentence starting that very day and her probation being served "while incarcerated in the Orange County Jail."
But Strickland stood by his sentence, while asking both the prosecution and the defense to file a suggestion on how to modify it, if they preferred.

"If either one of your want to submit something that you think might be better or – or more realistic, let me know and I'll certainly consider it," Strickland said. "Again, I don't think it's so indefinite as to be illegal, but I get your point."

On Thursday, Strickland said neither side followed up with a motion regarding the probation sentence. After the check fraud matter was handled, Strickland recused himself from the murder case and Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry took over.

Perry's sentence earlier this month only involved the misdemeanor counts of lying to law enforcement and it accounted for time Anthony served in jail during the last three years. It did not address any confusion over the probation period from the check fraud case.

The FREE Orlando Sentinel app for iPad. Now available in the app store.

As to whether Anthony can or should be compelled to serve probation today, Strickland said Thursday, "It's not my case now, and I have no position on what Ms. Anthony should be doing."

Randy Means, director of investigation and administration for the State Attorney's Office, said he understood the probation was supposed to start upon Anthony's release. He had not heard that DOC based its probation calculation after consultation with the prosecutor's office.

"We thought it was designed to start afterwards," Means said. "It's hard to violate probation while in jail. "

Local defense attorney Richard Hornsby, a legal commentator on the Anthony case for WESH-Channel 2, argues that case law supports the legality of Strickland's sentence.

"She's supposed to be on probation," Hornsby said. "The Department of Corrections is screwing up the interpretation of it…"

Hornsby said Department of Corrections or the State Attorney's Office could seek clarification through the court, if they chose.

"There's no doubt she's on probation and should be supervised for another year," Hornsby said.
source
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 8 Empty .....a dead body in the damn car

Post by Nama Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:40 am

Offers are rolling in for one of the most iconic pieces of evidence in Casey Anthony's murder trial - her white Pontiac Sunfire.

The car is still in the possession of the Orange County Sheriff's Office, which said the car can be picked up anytime by George and Cindy Anthony, who own the car.

Their attorney, Mark Lippman, said he's been getting calls from people interested in buying the car.

The car was thought to be key to proving the state's murder case against Casey Anthony.

Numerous witnesses took the stand saying how the car smelled like it had contained a dead body.

"There are collectors of macabre things. Apparently, this falls into that category now," Lippman said.

The Kelley Blue Book lists the normal value on a used Sunfire at about $3,000, but Lippman said it could go to a collector for more than that.

The money would be donated to the new foundation the Anthonys are establishing in memory of Caylee Anthony.

"I've had multiple offers to purchase it, but George and Cindy do not want to profit off it by any means," Lippman said.

Where would the car go?

Not to the National Museum of Crime and Punishment in Washington, D.C., according to the museum's CEO.

The museum has items like the so-called Bonnie and Clyde car riddled with bullet holes and vehicles belonging to Ted Bundy and John Dillinger.

"There wasn't any proof it was part of a crime," museum CEO Janine Vaccarello said. "It's not a true historic artifact, so its value should diminish in the wake of that."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:42 am

All this proves that a fool and his money are soon parted. On the Mask there were 9 - pretty soon the rest will appear for much less money, and the guy that paid the million will feel stupid, not that he aleady isnt stupid
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:16 pm

I think the car story was posted on an earlier thread here, and Jeanne made a comment she doesn't believe Lippman at all.

But, who cares. It's good to have it posted again as there are so many posts and new developments on the lying slut. (I Really like that term for her..says it all..except we could also add "lying, murdering slut.")

I think I said "who would want that car? The Ant's should be telling LE to keep it and do what they will with it." If I were them, I would never want to see that "damned car" again!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:38 pm

Oh the A's want that car and the money it will bring in tax free. After the mask on Ebay fetching a cool Million everybody will want that car.

And watch and see some nutcase will buy it and then sell tickets to smell it and make a fortune.

What a crazy world of idiots. Sigh....
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 8 Empty State Attorney Won't Challenge Casey Probation

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:44 pm

artgal16 wrote:While much of the broadcast and tabloid world speculates daily on Casey Anthony's whereabouts, records show that, legally, she ought to be here in Orange County.

When Circuit Judge Stan Strickland sentenced Anthony on check fraud and related charges in early 2010, he intended for her to serve a one-year probation sentence after her release from jail.

His intent is apparent from video and a printed transcript from the Jan. 25, 2010 sentencing. And that is how Strickland today says his sentence should have been interpreted.

"I have reviewed my sentencing transcript and she was to begin her probation sentencing once released," Strickland said Thursday.
Among many other restrictions, that probation would have confined Anthony to Orange County, unless she received approval by her probation officer to leave her home jurisdiction.

Officials with the state Department of Corrections were confused by Strickland's sentence, however. They contacted the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office and were told the probation sentence should be applied during her time in jail, according to DOC spokeswoman Gretl Plessinger.

According to the DOC, Anthony's probation was terminated on Jan. 24 — exactly one year after Strickland's sentence — while she was in jail awaiting trial in the death of her daughter Caylee Marie.

Anthony, 25, was acquitted earlier this month of the most serious charges against her, including first-degree murder. She was found guilty of four misdemeanor counts of lying to law enforcement. Early on July 17, she was released from the Orange County Jail with no restrictions whatsoever.

The handling of her probation in the check-fraud case underscores how the system largely ignored her actual sentence in that case. This is perhaps due to the mistaken assumption by many that Anthony likely would receive a lengthy prison sentence on the very serious charges she faced.

But a printed transcript from the January 2010 sentencing clearly shows that Strickland intended for Anthony to be on strict probation conditions upon her release from jail.

Strickland ordered, "there's going to be a withhold [of adjudication of guilt on some of the charges], followed by a year of supervised probation, once released — again, that's an issue here."

He also gave Anthony credit for 412 days time served in jail relating to that case.

A special condition Strickland applied to the probation sentence also suggests it was meant for after Anthony's release from jail: "no personal contact direct or indirect with the victim, Amy Huizenga."

Casey Anthony's complicated sentence involved 13 counts of check fraud, theft and fraudulent use of personal identification information involving Huizenga. Following her sentencing that day, Casey Anthony apologized to Huizenga, saying, "I wish I would have been a better friend."

Strickland explained to Anthony and her attorney Jose Baez that same day that he was withholding adjudication on seven counts against her and adjudicating her guilty on six counts.

"We can't withhold adjudication unless there's a period of probation attached to it," Strickland said at the time. "So we don't know what the future holds here. If the State's correct, there'll be a conviction and lengthy prison sentence, or worse. If the defense is correct, there will be an acquittal and she will walk free."

Immediately after that statement Strickland explained that the year of supervised probation should be applied "once released."

Later, during the same proceeding, the prosecution, including Assistant State Attorney Frank George, expressed concerns about the legality of having her probation start "at some indefinite time in the future."

George spoke about the possibility of Anthony's sentence starting that very day and her probation being served "while incarcerated in the Orange County Jail."
But Strickland stood by his sentence, while asking both the prosecution and the defense to file a suggestion on how to modify it, if they preferred.

"If either one of your want to submit something that you think might be better or – or more realistic, let me know and I'll certainly consider it," Strickland said. "Again, I don't think it's so indefinite as to be illegal, but I get your point."

On Thursday, Strickland said neither side followed up with a motion regarding the probation sentence. After the check fraud matter was handled, Strickland recused himself from the murder case and Orange-Osceola Chief Judge Belvin Perry took over.

Perry's sentence earlier this month only involved the misdemeanor counts of lying to law enforcement and it accounted for time Anthony served in jail during the last three years. It did not address any confusion over the probation period from the check fraud case.

The FREE Orlando Sentinel app for iPad. Now available in the app store.

As to whether Anthony can or should be compelled to serve probation today, Strickland said Thursday, "It's not my case now, and I have no position on what Ms. Anthony should be doing."

Randy Means, director of investigation and administration for the State Attorney's Office, said he understood the probation was supposed to start upon Anthony's release. He had not heard that DOC based its probation calculation after consultation with the prosecutor's office.

"We thought it was designed to start afterwards," Means said. "It's hard to violate probation while in jail. "

Local defense attorney Richard Hornsby, a legal commentator on the Anthony case for WESH-Channel 2, argues that case law supports the legality of Strickland's sentence.

"She's supposed to be on probation," Hornsby said. "The Department of Corrections is screwing up the interpretation of it…"

Hornsby said Department of Corrections or the State Attorney's Office could seek clarification through the court, if they chose.

"There's no doubt she's on probation and should be supervised for another year," Hornsby said.
source

Spokesman: DOC Policy Allows Probation In Jail

POSTED: 11:57 am EDT July 29, 2011
UPDATED: 12:29 pm EDT July 29, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A spokesman for the state attorney's office told WESH 2 News it will not challenge Casey Anthony's probation status. WHY the hell NOT??

Earlier Friday, the state attorney's office said it was in discussions on whether to ask Judge Belvin Perry to reconsider whether Anthony should be serving probation.

Anthony pleaded guilty in January 2010 to 13 counts in a check fraud case.

Judge Stan Strickland sentenced her to $5,517.75 in court costs and also ordered her to serve a year of probation in Orange County upon her release from jail.

That probation sentence is not happening now.

After Anthony's acquittal on murder and manslaughter charges, the conditions of her probation were apparently misinterpreted by the Department of Corrections, paving the way for Anthony's release.

RAW VIDEO: Strickland Sentences Casey
cannot embed!

Since she was released from jail, her whereabouts have been unknown.

The state attorney's office spokesman said the Department of Corrections policy allows defendants to serve probation while still in jail and not under sentence.

Since the issue came to light, Strickland's office said he did intend for Anthony to be on strict supervised probation in Orange County if it turned out she was acquitted on the other more serious felony charges that were still pending at the time.

Strickland's office said the judge has no opinion on the issue because he recused himself from the case.

Perry's spokeswoman said he would only consider the probation issue if the state attorney's office took action.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:51 pm

She just seems to be getting all the breaks, huh? And, they are not going after CM for his finger episode. Not hearing anything about going after Baez for his courtroom escapades either. 🇳🇴
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:56 pm

Nor is Lippman filing any lawsuits against Defamation of Character on Baez. WHY????
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:03 pm

Because for the state of florida they all want her to just go away and take her parents with her. Yes she got all the breaks it seems
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
the lying slut. (I Really like that term for her..says it all..except we could also add "lying, murdering slut.")

Nope, we can't call her a murderer unless we want to be sued for definition. Maybe that's a good idea...we could put up huge billboards all over the country calling her a murderer causing her to sue whereby in defending our claim we prove BEYOND ANY DOUBT she is a murderer.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:04 pm

Keep talking Laga, I am in line with you on that way of thinking.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Always remember that when the lights go down and you are all alone then you are alone with your conscience.

That is the time where the truth is there for one to see each and every day.

I honestly believe this will be very hard to live with.

Maybe not today and maybe not tomorrow but soon...very soon.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next