Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please.

+16
samgoodwin
Lilone
Slys Hunny
lisette
Bombshell
raine1953
Boston_Lady
janie
charminglane
Heike
cherylz
NiteSpinR
jeanne1807
Wrapitup
Nama
artgal16
20 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 13 Empty Re: Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please.

Post by artgal16 Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:18 am

Its interesting - I saw the video of Baez dancing around before the vedict was read and that always bothered me.
Was he dancing because the case was finally over for him? I just cant see how they got to the jury. I know Baez is crooked but Mason, while a huge jerk, is not a crook at least I dont think he would jury tamper. But at this point we will probably never know.

artgal16

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 13 Empty Re: Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please.

Post by Wrapitup Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:57 am

Updated: Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 5:08 PM EDT

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - ONLY ON FOX: Casey Anthony’s white Pontiac Sunfire that was a key piece of evidence in the prosecutions case against her was crushed at a central Florida junkyard Thursday.

Photos: Casey Anthony's white Pontiac Sunfire crushed at junkyard

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Her father, George Anthony, brought the car to the junk yard, turned the title over and it was crushed for scrap metal.

The prosecution presented evidence during Anthony’s murder trial that there was human
decomposition found in the trunk.

Casey Anthony was found not guilty in the death of her daughter Caylee who was last seen in June of 2008, but she was not reported missing until a month later. Anthony was charged with first-degree murder in her daughter’s death and pleaded not guilty, claiming a babysitter kidnapped her toddler. Caylee’s remains were found in woods near the family's home in December 2008.

In July a jury acquitted Anthony in Caylee's death. She was released from jail and has dropped from public sight.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:01 pm

It's just like the OJ case in so many ways. I have always believed there was some jury tampering going on w/the dream team. Back then, it was easier to get away with. No way could any jury find either of them Not Guilty but, it happened!

Also, if both are so damned innocent, why didn't either make a quest to look for Nicole, Ron and Caylee's killers? That would be the first thing I would do if I were truly innocent.

I think Bozo was dancing around because he knew Either Way this case went, he is a household word. And like all fame/money mongers, that is all that really matters.

It looks like he may be severely admonished for his bad lawyering. Will be interesting.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:15 pm

pretty interesting the news station was there to film the car being crushed...Do I smell a PR bug????
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:18 pm

Someone tipped off the news thats for sure. Probably Lippman.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 13 Empty Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson Shared the Same Lead Investigator

Post by Wrapitup Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Pat McKenna was lead investigator for the Casey Anthony defense team. (Palm Beach Post/Zuma/AP Photo)

By NIKKI BATTISTE
Aug. 18, 2011

The trials of Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson have drawn comparisons for their notoriety, their shocking acquittals, extraordinary media attention and public abomination.

They shared one other link. The lead investigator working to bolster their defense was Pat McKenna.

McKenna was the man who unearthed the racist rant tapes of Los Angeles cop Mark Fuhrman that undermined the prosecution of Simpson. He also helped Kennedy scion William Kennedy Smith beat rape charges in another high profile case.

But the Casey Anthony trial is special for McKenna.

"This case was the sweetest victory of all the cases I have ever worked because there was so much hatred toward Casey and her lawyers. We had no money, no resources and we were working against a firestorm of bad press," McKenna said.

Anthony's lawyer, Jose Baez, told ABC News that she is facing a tougher "uphill battle" than OJ. Simpson had.

"Casey's current fight is a lonelier one too," he said.

Although Simpson spent several years after his acquittal largely golfing, in 2008 he was convicted of robbery and sentenced to 33 years in prison.

Baez says Anthony has been passing the time since her release from jail reading and is committed to getting well. He says she is still grieving from the more than three years of traumatic events since her daughter Caylee died.

She was acquitted of charges she murdered Caylee, but spent three years in jail waiting for a trial that tore apart her family. Since her acquittal Casey Anthony has received death threats and been ordered to return to Florida to serve a year's probation.

"Casey is at a much bigger disadvantage than OJ because he had money, a support system and he was a significant part of the African-American population who believed he was innocent. There was no division beyond racial lines with Casey," Baez said.

McKenna reflected on both verdicts saying, "I was more surprised by Casey's acquittal than OJ's because I had more confidence in OJ's jury. There was just more science to back up his case than Casey's."

McKenna, who is still in touch with Simpson, said the former football great and star of the "Naked Gun" movies, was an excellent witness for himself, which was another bonus for him. Casey Anthony didn't testify at her trial.

While Simpson had a fan following, Anthony was an unknown single mother reviled for not telling police for a month that her child was missing.

"The media attention and absolute conviction by the public that Casey and OJ were guilty early on, without any consideration of the evidence, was so intense in both cases," McKenna said.

"But they had stark contrasts too. Casey had absolutely no money, and OJ had millions of dollars. Casey's lawyer, Jose Baez, was a young, fairly new lawyer compared to OJ's high profile lawyer, Johnnie Cochran. Baez was an underdog," he said.

For the first year of Casey Anthony's case, McKenna admits he did not follow the press reports and knew few details. He got a phone call from Casey's defense team the day Caylee Anthony's remains were found.

OJ Simpson's Investigator Says Casey Anthony Acquittal Was 'Sweetest'

Still knowing little about the case, McKenna's first move was a visit to the Anthony house where he met Casey's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, and spent time in the bedroom Casey and Caylee shared.

"The room was a shrine of pictures to Caylee, hundreds of loving photographs. I was stunned by the neatness and organization of the room and all the photos. It was this lovely room, like a young kid that has a baby she loves. It was the opposite of what was being portrayed in the media," he said.

His first impressions of George and Cindy Anthony were not as favorable.

"I walked out of that house and thought to myself, 'I don't think this kid committed first degree murder. There is something really disturbing about this family. I was shocked by their lack of emotion. There was no sense of loss or despondency. Their granddaughter's remains had just been found and they're sitting around booking television interviews and talking about how much money their foundation is making," McKenna recalls.

He also says George and Cindy Anthony were not cooperative with him at first, even though he was there to help their daughter.

"George was bizarre. He would go around and around for hours and he wouldn't answer a question directly. And he is a former detective, so he knows the drill. There was something off with this guy," McKenna said.

He shared his instincts with Baez and suggested looking into the family dynamics - and any dark secrets -- of the Anthony family.

Some of the alleged family secrets famously unfolded at trial, with Baez accusing George Anthony of molesting Casey Anthony and having an affair during the search for Caylee.

"After I read the discovery and George's interviews, I thought, "This guy is way too eager to throw his daughter under the bus."

McKenna's theory of what happened to Caylee Anthony mirrors Baez's court defense of Casey Anthony.

"It was an accident that spun out of control and George disposed of the body, but I can't say exactly how," McKenna said. "If Casey wanted to be free, she would have dropped Caylee in the pool, called 911 and been a grieving mother."

angry
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
Pat McKenna was lead investigator for the Casey Anthony defense team. (Palm Beach Post/Zuma/AP Photo)

angry
I agree and Barf
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:25 pm

"It was an accident that spun out of control and George disposed of the body, but I can't say exactly how," McKenna said. "If Casey wanted to be free, she would have dropped Caylee in the pool, called 911 and been a grieving mother."
If Casey wanted to be free, she would have said that her father covered up this "accident" from the get go, instead of sitting in jail for almost 3 years. What a load of CRAP!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:12 pm

McKenna said. "If Casey wanted to be free, she would have dropped Caylee in the pool, called 911 and been a grieving mother."

Wait a dam* minute....this jerk/a**hole says to gain freedom a mother can just "drop their baby in a pool, call 911 and pretend to grieve" OMG!!!!!! Why is murder his "good" option kc could have chosen if she wanted to be free? I would not be surprised if this is the guy who bought that jury and the other two cases mentioned above too, kinda funny how all three cases involved a guilty as sin itself defendant that a jury acquitted! angry
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:59 am

Leonard Padilla
I have discussed with Tracy about writing a book about what she and Rob were privy to that was not discussed with anyone, especially the prosecution who were naive enough to bypass their testimony.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Wasn't sure where to post this. Found it and thought it really spooky. Tells about Casey and her adventures. Cell phone tracking. Interesting.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:46 pm

They seem to be getting after Dr. Phil. Going to his master...Oprah also.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 13 Empty Casey Anthony: She is getting therapy, Jose Baez says

Post by Nama Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:00 pm

In an interview with Univision, attorney Jose Baez says Casey Anthony is going through therapy.

WFTV-Channel 9 relayed the news this morning, and it’s an update from an interview that Baez gave WTSP News 10 in Tampa. On Tuesday, the station asked Baez how Anthony was doing.

“Much better than she was in jail. She’ll start therapy when she comes to Florida for probation,” Baez said.

Anthony was acquitted July 5 of first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee. She left Orange County Jail on July 17, and her whereabouts have been a mystery.

But she faces a deadline of Friday to report for probation in her check-fraud case. Anthony’s attorneys have filed an emergency petition with the 5th District Court of Appeal to vacate Chief Judge Belvin Perry’s ruling on the probation. Central Florida News 13 photographed defense attorney Lisabeth Fryer filing the appeal at the court in Daytona Beach.

The state has until noon Monday to file a response.

In talking to WTSP, Baez blasted reports that Anthony has signed a book deal and dismissed the notion that she would be giving an interview soon. “If you look at it, why should she do this? What benefit does she have to do an interview?” Baez told the Tampa station. “Who knows what’s going to happen? It’s just too soon.”

About her whereabouts, Baez joked, “She is in a beach house in Arizona.”

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:02 pm

In an interview with Univision, attorney Jose Baez says Casey Anthony is going through therapy.
“Much better than she was in jail. She’ll start therapy when she comes to Florida for probation,” Baez said.
So is she getting therapy or going to start therapy? Mike up your mind, Bozo!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:06 am

BJ wrote:
So is she getting therapy or going to start therapy? Mike up your mind, Bozo!
I caught that too BJ. Sounds like a LMS lie but then Baez is sure catching up with her.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:14 am

BJ wrote: In talking to WTSP, Baez blasted reports that Anthony has signed a book deal and dismissed the notion that she would be giving an interview soon. “If you look at it, why should she do this? What benefit does she have to do an interview?” Baez told the Tampa station. “Who knows what’s going to happen? It’s just too soon.”
[url=https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/t4457p600-thread-1-july-17-casey-anthony-released-from-jail-on-07-17-has-been-allegedly-spotted-in-columbus-oh-has-been-offered-a spread-in-hustler-stay-tuned-for-more-updates-no-discussion-of-probation-here][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dollar Signs Dollar Signs Dollar Signs Is he kidding???? Does he think everyone is stupid except the LMS and him?????!!!! Dollar Signs Dollar Signs Dollar Signs
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:58 am

I'm Delerious!!! I don't know why but you have me ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

If she does any "inteview", it w/be a "No Clothes" event. pole dancer :sucker: :trampoline: Hiney grrrr Dollar Signs Whip frying pan :crystal ball:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:11 am

I am very sorry but no amount of therapy will erase the memory of killing your child.

A jury of 12 made a mistake when they said "not guilty" but a higher power knows the truth about all of us and that is the one to be feared.

Does Baez really think therapy sessions will erase the memory of smothering or drugging your child to death?

Really?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:22 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:30 am

Casey Anthony back in Florida and 'concentrating on therapy', says lawyer Jose Baez
By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 12:57 PM on 22nd August 2011

Casey Anthony is back in Florida and 'concentrating on therapy', her lead attorney, Jose Baez, said on Sunday.

Anthony fled to Ohio following her unpopular acquittal last month of first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

But the 25-year-old, who has disappeared from the public eye since she was released from the Orange County Jail on July 17, is doing the best to 'go on with her life', according to Mr Baez.

Appearing on Geraldo Rivera's Fox News show, he said: 'Right now she's really trying to concentrate on getting counselling and therapy and trying to go to a place where she can be healthy and try to figure a lot of what's happened out over the past three years...and go on with her life.'

Anthony initially flew out of state in the early morning hours on July 6 on a private aircraft, in a bid to avoid the media circus surrounding her sensational trial.

Photos emerged of her out in about in Columbus, Ohio, wearing a baseball cap and sweats as she tried to go unnoticed.

Mr Baez refused to talk of the comings and goings of his client due to safety concerns.

Mr Baez would only disclose that Anthony was staying with 'close friends' of the defence team that 'somewhat are spiritual advisors' and 'people who care and are trying to help her get on with her life.'

The primary concern, he said, is her safety.

'She's really just trying to get on with her life and it's proving to be very difficult,' he said.

Mr Baez confirmed Anthony has had 'limited contact with her parents', George and Cindy Anthony, from whom she is estranged. She has not spoken with her estranged brother, Lee.

snipped from:

I Refuse to comment. Well, hell's bells, I just did. la la la 🇳🇴 Sarcasm umno gum
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:10 am

Pat McKenna's involvement and statements he made (link wrap posted upthread) have been bugging me all week-end. I think the FBI or someone needs to do a thorough investigation of this investigator!
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 am

Anthony initially flew out of state in the early morning hours on July 6 on a private aircraft, in a bid to avoid the media circus surrounding her sensational trial
How could this be? She was ordered to stay in jail until July 17.

Bozo really has a lot of nerve saying her "so called friends" did not care about Caylee!! He makes her out to be this little tiny innocent baby girl who has done no wrong to anyone! angry
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
Anthony initially flew out of state in the early morning hours on July 6 on a private aircraft, in a bid to avoid the media circus surrounding her sensational trial
How could this be? She was ordered to stay in jail until July 17.

angry

Maybe that was another double we saw released on the 17th....I said a dna test was in order.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:05 pm

I was reading along and found this RUMOR on another blog. I have always felt it was something like this that happened to George up in Ohio LE. Interesting to have my thoughts confirmed...sorta...with a rumor.

Anyway I thought you might like to read it.

"Re George and his LE job. He left citing personal family reasons, but back in 2008 I posted that there was some controversy with his job and had he not left he would have been fired. We discovered this thru a LE friend of my son's who used to work in Ohio's Internal Affairs division. I know no details, no one would ever tell, understandably. Knowing George's temper, maybe it has to do with that, but that's just a guess"
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:21 pm

Somewhere in time we discussed the Federal Government trying Casey Anthony. It does happen.

"In a rarely used maneuver prosecutors reserve for cases that "cry out for another prosecution," a former Marrero resident who was acquitted in 2008 of killing four people, including his 19-month-old daughter, in a Harvey apartment he set ablaze, has been indicted by a federal grand jury in those same deaths."

"I was shocked to find out he had been indicted," said Williams, a former prosecutor.

The acquittal represented a stinging blow to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office and the district attorney's office, which declined to comment on the indictment. A jury deliberated less than two hours May 31, 2008, acquitting Casby of four counts of second-degree murder and one count of attempted second-degree murder and sparing him a mandatory sentence of life in prison.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 13 Empty Casey Anthony 'Seems Like a Horrible Person,' Says Juror

Post by Nama Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:52 am

They knew it would be a controversial decision: to acquit Casey Anthony of murder charges in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

What they didn't expect was the public outrage that would follow.

The Casey Anthony jurors have been barred from restaurants, shunned by family members, and vilified online. One even quit her job and moved out of Florida, for fear of the backlash.

One male juror consented to speak with PEOPLE under the condition of complete anonymity.

"We tried very hard to separate our emotions from the evidence," he says. "Generally, none of us liked Casey Anthony at all. She seems like a horrible person. But the prosecutors did not give us enough evidence to convict. They gave us a lot of stuff that makes us think that she probably did something wrong, but not beyond a reasonable doubt."

Now that the trial is over, life "has been a nightmare," says the juror.

"I live in fear that someone will find me. I Google my name every day to see if anyone has figured out who I am. The few people that do know haven't said anything, but one of my friends told me that his wife forbid him to talk to me. My own sister cussed me out. It has ruined my life."

Inside the Deliberations

After 90 witnesses and 33 days of testimony in the courtroom, the jurors began to deliberate. "We took a vote on the [four] charges of lying to police," he says. "And it came back 12-0 to convict. That didn't take long at all."

"We took the first vote on first-degree murder," says the juror. "We were 10 to 2 to acquit. So we talked for about thirty minutes, and the two decided that they were willing to change their votes, so first degree was off the table pretty quickly."

Next up: aggravated manslaughter.

"We did our first vote and it came out half to acquit, half to convict," says the juror. "And we talked about it for a while, going through the evidence. I'd say that some people got intense, but there were no personal attacks, no real yelling. And we talked for a while, then it was 11-1 to acquit. And the guy who didn't want to acquit basically looked at us and said, 'O.K., whatever you all want.' He knew he wasn't going to convince us."

"And then we sat there for a few minutes and were like, 'Holy crap, we are letting her go free,' " he continues. "Everyone was just stunned at what we were about to do. [One of the women jurors] asked me, 'Are you okay with this?' and I said, 'Hell, no. But what else can we do? We promised to follow the law.' "

Nearly two months later, would the juror change his vote? "I've learned a lot more about the case by reading the documents," he says.

"But when we were sequestered, we could only go by what the prosecution and defense gave us. If I had to vote now, I'd probably vote for manslaughter. But we didn't get the evidence to support it before. I know people are mad at us, but we did our jobs, and I think we did them to the very best of our abilities.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:28 am

I honestly think we need a big over haul of our court system. The pendalum has swung too far away from the victim and their rights.

I thought part of the outrage we are feeling in the Anthony trial is that we expected our court system to DO THE RIGHT THING.

What a screw up it has become and a guilty woman walks the streets free.

I would guess Law Schools will go over and over this case for years to come.

Surely the prosecution has to shoulder some responsibility. Jurors never heard a lot of what went on. I think they too share some of the blame in this fiasco.

Did they overcharge? Was it political? Who decided how the case would be presented since they really didn't have a means to the end...dead Caylee.

Lots more questions than answers.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:49 am

Everyone carries a certain amont of responsibility in how this turned out. KC was painted out to be a victim when the murder trial was suppose to be all about Caylee. It was sickening to watch this happen. Seeking the death penalty was a huge factor in how this all played out. If that is "over charging" then I say yes she was over charged.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:38 pm

Ah, but if they didn't feel like convicting her to death they still could have gone w/ a lesser charge.
That 1 juror should have held out for a hung jury. They did not do their job.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:56 pm

cherylz wrote:Ah, but if they didn't feel like convicting her to death they still could have gone w/ a lesser charge.

And they were NOT in the sentencing phase anyway, even if they voted first degree, the sentencing could have been LWOP. They keep saying they thought she was guilty but the state didn't give them the evidence, WHAT did they base their thought on if not the evidence presented.

I did not think the moon landing was staged, nor do I jump on all those conspiracy theory bandwagons, but this case and those jurors' verdict and statements after have me believing something is rotten in Florida. I really think there needs to be an investigation, but I doubt there will be.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:07 pm

The jury paid NO attention all the lies that Casey told. They should have considered the lies as evidence and I can't believe that they didn't.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:30 pm

laga wrote:
cherylz wrote:Ah, but if they didn't feel like convicting her to death they still could have gone w/ a lesser charge.

And they were NOT in the sentencing phase anyway, even if they voted first degree, the sentencing could have been LWOP. They keep saying they thought she was guilty but the state didn't give them the evidence, WHAT did they base their thought on if not the evidence presented.

I did not think the moon landing was staged, nor do I jump on all those conspiracy theory bandwagons, but this case and those jurors' verdict and statements after have me believing something is rotten in Florida. I really think there needs to be an investigation, but I doubt there will be.

EXACTLY, Laga! And it is annoying how it is always stated as if the prosecution did not do their job...I think they NAILED it to every extent possible with all the circumstantial and forensic evidence! The decomposition in the trunk along with her behavior and a dead baby, oh my...you all know. IF I let it, it makes me crazy.

AND I will not eat my shorts yet...I still do NOT believe those pics are Casey. I do not know why they are lying, but you can see absolute distinctions. Laga?

Cheers all
xoxo
Heike
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:21 pm

I also do not think those pics are of the real LMS. The only reason I can think of why they are still lying about it is money.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:22 am

True laga they could have and should have convicted her of the lesser charge. The death penalty sure did make this case expensive than it needed to be. During jury selection I could see from question and answers that this possible outcome rattled many of the jurors.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:03 am

I don't think the DP should have been on the table. We ALL knew she was not going to be convicted of the DP, no way!! I think had the DP not been on the table and the State would have put Richard & Jessie Grund, Tim Miller, Leonard Padilla, Rob Dick and the gal who actually stayed w/Casey (name escapes me) & Kia Marie Torres on the stand (even though she sold her story to the NE), I think she would have At Least been convicted of manslaughter. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:12 am

Wrapitup wrote:I don't think the DP should have been on the table. We ALL knew she was not going to be convicted of the DP, no way!! I think had the DP not been on the table and the State would have put Richard & Jessie Grund, Tim Miller, Leonard Padilla, Rob Dick and the gal who actually stayed w/Casey (name escapes me) & Kia Marie Torres on the stand (even though she sold her story to the NE), I think she would have At Least been convicted of manslaughter. MOO.

I disagree, I think the dp was warranted, if ever anyone deserved it, a mother who wraps duct tape over the face of her baby, leaves her to decompose in the trunk of her car while she parties, and then throw her remains in the woods like garbage, deserves it! I think the State did a great job, while there could always be Monday morning quarterbacking in any situation, I do not believe the State's lack of presenting anyone's testimony would have made a difference. With this jury, whether it was apathy, stupidity, tampering, or some of all, I think they would have discounted a video of the event. Afterall, they discounted the 31 days, they didn't connect the lies to the murder, they didn't believe it when so many said they smelled decomposition in the trunk, they didn't connect the computer look-ups and why cindy lied about them, and...............
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:25 am

I disagree, I think the dp was warranted, if ever anyone deserved it, a mother who wraps duct tape over the face of her baby, leaves her to decompose in the trunk of her car while she parties, and then throw her remains in the woods like garbage, deserves it! I ALSO think it was "warranted" but feel it made the jury go from a possible DP to a Not Guilty plea. Of COURSE the DP was "warranted", I never said it wasn't..just said I don't think it should have been put on the table. I should have explained WHY I think this.I think the State did a great job
So do I. I loved LDB & JA! However, I do wish they had called the above witnesses I mentioned to the stand. Yes, this jury was inept (& I am being kind). And yes, I am actually doing Wed morning quarterbacking. We've ALL done the "if only" or "what if" scenario until we are blue in the face.

I loved reading that one of the juror's sister cussed her out.

These juror's evidently had NO CLUE of the firestorm they created by finding her "not guilty." And, I don't buy that they did not have enough proof from the State of Florida to convict her of at the Very Least..Manslaughter. It's despicable!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 am

The reason I used the word "warranted" is because I believe the State is required, both morally and legally, to charge a person as the crime "warrants". They can't assume a jury will think she is too young, too pretty, to give the dp, but most importantly, there were other options for this jury to consider.

I guess I wasn't clear either, what I disagree about is that anything the State did or did not do was the cause of the verdict, especially the dp charge since there were other options to consider. JMHO
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:26 am

I agree w/everything you said.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 13 Empty How Casey Anthony Could Have Been Convicted

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Evan Britton, ResourceWebs | Jul. 11, 2011, 10:44 AM

Like many of us, I followed the Casey Anthony trial closely. HLN had great coverage and cameras being allowed in the courtroom added another level of intrigue to the case. After watching the case, hearing the expert analysis, and learning from the jury - I think it is pretty clear how Casey Anthony could have been convicted. And I think that when the media continues to analyze the case, they aren't focused on the most important thing.

In interviews, the jurors continue to say that they couldn't convict because they don't know how Caylee was killed. The prosecution focused a lot of effort and time on trying to prove how she was killed with the "how to make chloroform" searches along with analysis of the duct tape that was found on Caylee's skull. All of this evidence was circumstantial, and the more the prosecution focused on it - the more confused the jurors got.

On Piers Morgan Tonight, veteran prosecutor Marcia Clark said that you don't have to prove cause of death to get a conviction In fact, she said that she has gotten several convictions, including a first degree murder conviction, without even producing a body. While everyone in the media, along with prosecutor Jeff Ashton, continue to reference the specific evidence as proof that Casey murdered Caylee - it still remains a question in many people's mind. So, we need to stop focusing on this and instead focus on the thing which could have convicted Casey Anthony.

In my mind, the prosecution was given a gift when defense attorney Jose Baez told the jury what really happened during his opening statement. Casey didn't testify on the stand, but this was her story of the events that occurred. And instead of focusing on the cause of death, we need to focus on her statement about what really happened.

Casey said that her father, George Anthony, found the body in the pool and that it was an accident. She then said her dad convinced her to help him cover it up so that she wouldn't have to go to jail. This, she said, is how the body got from the pool to the swamp which is where it was ultimately found. However, this story has major holes.

Casey was facing the death penalty. If convicted of first degree murder, at best she'd spend life in jail and at worse, she'd be put to death If this truly was an accident, that both George and Casey covered up, the criminal penalty would have been a few years in jail, at most. So, why would George not admit the accident to police?

Casey admitted the baby drowned and that it snowballed out of control. She's leaving jail this week. Why wouldn't George have admitted the same thing, if it had happened that way?

Regardless of whether or not you think George Anthony is a good guy, what father would not admit to an accident and risk his daughter getting the death penalty. In fact, most legal pundits thought Casey was going to get murder 1 - so are we really to believe that George would continue to lie about a minor crime and let his daughter spend the rest of her life in jail and potentially get the death penalty? That doesn't make sense - and there is no reasonable doubt there.

Also, remember, Casey said her dad covered up the accident and threatened to her that if they didn't cover it up - that she would go to jail. So Casey admitted that her dad was doing all of this so that she didn't go to jail. Well, if this is the case, and her dad didn't want her going to jail, why would her dad not admit the accident and instead risk his daughter getting the death penalty?

Not to mention, there is taped meetings Casey had with her parents from jail. Casey clearly tells her dad she loves him - and that she doesn't know where Caylee is. This is all happening while Casey is rotting away in jail - with no sign of ever leaving. Why in the world would Casey not ask her dad to admit that it was a simple accident? If this was an accident that George and Casey experienced, that jailhouse meeting couldn't have went the way that it did.

Again, there was clear logic to prove that Casey's story was a farce. Why hasn't the media, and why didn't the prosecution focus more on this? They didn't break down Casey's actual story enough, so it lingered as a possibility in the jurors minds. Casey was on the hook for that story, and the prosecution would have had a much easier time proving that her story was a lie instead of trying to prove the cause of death. And maybe they couldn't have gotten murder 1 had they only focused on her story - but they could have focused on and had success with a lesser charge.
This jury didn't want to convict with reasonable doubt in their minds. The cause of death and time of death evidence wasn't strong. And by coming up with a theory for the cause of death, it gave the jurors something to find doubt with. Had the prosecution focused more of their attention on poking holes into Casey's laughable story - the jury would have had the resolve it needed to convict.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks for posting that Wrap, it was a well written article. However, I think it is just another attempt to excuse the jury for their total disregard for the duty they swore to carry out. I am not of super intelligence and there was no confusion with the way the State presented the evidence in my mind nor in the minds of the majority of people. To make a point that the State should have pointed out how ridiculous the defense story was is, I think, ridiculous. It was the jury's responsibility to understand and interpret the evidence presented. I refuse to shift any blame away from them and each time I hear another statement made by one of them only cements my resolve. I wish I had the power to insist on a full investigation into the defense team including pat mckenna and any involvement with members of the jury.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:50 pm

To make a point that the State should have pointed out how ridiculous the defense story was is, I think, ridiculous. It was the jury's responsibility to understand and interpret the evidence presented.
JP would have shot that down in a heartbeat anyway and I think the State knew it. I also think they covered that by calling George to the stand immediately after Bozo's Opening Statement's.

This jury IMO, NOW regrets their decision..they have seen a lot more footage and read reports but I think the main reason is because their lives are all in danger. I think had they known what their NG decision implied, they would have most definitely found her guilty. MOO
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by HippyChick2 Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:35 pm

laga wrote:Thanks for posting that Wrap, it was a well written article. However, I think it is just another attempt to excuse the jury for their total disregard for the duty they swore to carry out. I am not of super intelligence and there was no confusion with the way the State presented the evidence in my mind nor in the minds of the majority of people. To make a point that the State should have pointed out how ridiculous the defense story was is, I think, ridiculous. It was the jury's responsibility to understand and interpret the evidence presented. I refuse to shift any blame away from them and each time I hear another statement made by one of them only cements my resolve. I wish I had the power to insist on a full investigation into the defense team including pat mckenna and any involvement with members of the jury.

Amen, laga! I agree
HippyChick2
HippyChick2

http://www.abbiespot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 13 Empty Florida sheriff's detectives ask court to bill Casey Anthony $293,123

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:47 am

By Michael Martinez and Aletse Mellado, CNN
August 24, 2011 5:23 p.m. EDT

A Flordia sheriff's office is requesting a judge order Casey Anthony to pay for their 2008 investigative costs.

NEW: A court hearing on whether to bill Casey Anthony is rescheduled to September 2.

The sheriff's office spent $293,123 investigating Caylee Anthony's disappearance.

That figure counts only detective work; the cost of other deputies' work isn't included
Prosecutors want Casey Anthony to pay the cost and those of other law agencies

Orange County Sheriff's Office
(CNN) -- The Orange County, Florida, Sheriff's Office spent $293,123.77 on detective work in the disappearance of 2-year-old Caylee Anthony in 2008, according to authorities, and it wants to be reimbursed.

The sheriff's office is among three law agencies asking a county judge in Orlando to order the girl's mother, Casey, to pay their investigative costs.

A court hearing on that request was set to take place Thursday, but it was rescheduled to September 2, court spokeswoman Karen Levey said Wednesday.

Anthony has been in seclusion since her July acquittal on murder charges in the 2008 death of her 2-year-old daughter and her subsequent release from jail.

But in the same case, a Florida jury convicted her on four misdemeanor counts of providing false information to law enforcement officers. Prosecutors cite those misdemeanor convictions as the legal basis for their request that Anthony pay for the police costs involved in her daughter's disappearance.

Caylee Anthony's skeletonized remains were found in December 2008 in woods less than a mile from her grandparents' Florida home.

Lt. Paul Zambouros of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said the investigative costs of $293,123.77 are based largely on the criminal investigation division's work between July 15, 2008, and December 11, 2008. If other deputies' work were included, "the reimbursement for cost of investigation would certainly be larger," Zambouros said in an internal July 28 memo.
Prosecutors are also seeking reimbursement for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's investigative expenses of $71,939.56 and the Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation's expenses of $10,645.38, according to court records.

Anthony's attorney didn't return calls for a comment.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:53 am

***WESH-Channel 2 reported that lead detectives Yuri Melich and John Allen have been added to the witness list for a hearing on investigative costs in the Casey Anthony case. That hearing, which had been set for Thursday, has been delayed to Sept. 2. Four state agencies are seeking more than $500,000 in restitution from Anthony “for leading them on a nationwide, wild-goose chase” to find Caylee, WESH’s Bob Kealing reported.

Attorney Richard Hornsby, a legal analyst for WESH, praised prosecutors for the way they’re going about getting the money. “They are only requesting money they believe was associated with the crimes she was convicted of,” Hornsby told Kealing. Anthony was convicted of four counts of lying to law enforcement.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:31 pm

Casey Anthony: Tony Lazzaro book project has fallen through

Caylee and Casey Anthony, Orlando Sentinel, Uncategorized — posted by halboedeker on August, 26 2011 6:10 PM

You won’t be seeing a book from Tony Lazzaro, Casey Anthony’s former boyfriend. That project has fallen through, says a source familiar with the negotiations.
“He says he doesn’t want to go through with the book,” the source said. “There were serious talks for four or five weeks.”

The book’s focus was to be the interaction that Lazzaro and his roommates had with Anthony around the 31-day period after Caylee went missing.

Anthony was acquitted last month of first-degree murder in the death of Caylee, her 2-year-old daughter. Anthony’s defense team said the toddler drowned in 2008.

Another source had said that Lazzaro hoped that Pulitzer Prize winner Jane Healy, formerly a top manager at the Orlando Sentinel, would write the book.

But that’s one Casey Anthony story that won’t be told.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:24 pm

Levi_Page Levi Page
Casey Anthony prosecutor Jeff Ashton's book "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony" out November 29th. Should be an interesting read.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:34 pm

Just catching up on this thread. Yep, she deserved the DP IMO. It still makes me so upset the jury did not put the puzzle together. Or was too lazy or ignorant to come to a more logical answer. I think Laga brought up the words "jury tampering". I have often wondered that very same thing. The only reason she lied for 31 days was b/c she was concealing a murder. And...nobody would ever make an "accident" look like a murder!!!!! She was not upset her daughter was dead...she was happy and partying away! CA covered for her daughter by lying about the comp. searches! What reason would she have to lie...b/c her daughter did the searches.
It was a case w/ OVERWHELMING circumstantial evidence. These jurors decided in the end that GA was the one that covered up and lied. In a nut-shell they chose to believe "her". This case still cuts me to my inner core- from soup to nuts.
God bless our Caylee.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 13 Empty Jeff Ashton confirms Casey Anthony book/Listings for book titled "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony" started appearing on websites Saturday.

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:59 pm

By Jeff Weiner, Orlando Sentinel
11:33 p.m. EDT, August 27, 2011

Former Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton, the veteran prosecutor who gained national notoriety during Casey Anthony's murder trial, confirmed he has agreed to write a book about the case.

Reached by phone late Saturday, Ashton confirmed what had until then been Internet rumors. Those began when a mysterious listing began popping up on popular book websites.

The internet was abuzz after listings appeared on Amazon.ca and bookseller Barnes & Noble's website, offering pre-orders for "Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony," with Ashton listed as author.

"I wasn't aware that it was going to go online today," Ashton said. He declined to discuss the format or content of the book on when reached by the Sentinel on Saturday.

The book's listed price is $26.66 Canadian on Amazon.ca, $14.57 American on BN.com. The book was not yet listed on the American version of Amazon late Saturday.

Described as a 256-page hardcover set for a late-November release by publisher William Morrow, the book's listing on the popular sites drew the attention of many on Facebook and Twitter.

Anthony, 25, was acquitted on all major charges in the death of 2-year-old daughter Caylee Marie. Many have speculated since about possible book or movie deals for the high-profile trial's players.

Ashton, an assistant state attorney with the Orange-Osceola State Attorney's Office for three decades, retired days after the verdict in the case was handed down.

This is ONE book I Will read!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:09 pm

I can't wait to read this book....
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:11 am

CASEY ANTHONY
Fixing Her Mental Problems
... From Home

Casey Anthony has decided NOT to enter a treatment facility for "obvious mental health issues" -- instead, TMZ has learned, she's getting professional psychiatric help delivered right to her front door.

Sources close to Casey tell TMZ, she's concerned about leaving her Florida home -- where she's serving a year of probation for her check fraud case -- but Casey still understands she needs mental help.

The solution ... we're told Casey has hired a team of mental health professionals to visit her on a regular basis.

But it doesn't end there -- we're told Casey has also employed the help of a spiritual adviser to keep her centered.

As we previously reported, sources close to Casey tell TMZ, Casey attributes her bizarre behavior when her daughter Caylee went missing back in 2008 to "obvious mental health issues."

According to sources, Casey needs to cope with the "obvious trauma of losing her child" -- and nearly three years spent behind bars in solitary confinement didn't help ... "It messed with her head."

Thread #1 (07/ 17 ~ ?) Out of Jail... No Probation Discussion on this thread, please. - Page 13 0825-casey-chair-ex-credit
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next