Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!!

3 posters

Go down

WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!! Empty WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!!

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:16 pm

December 21, 2011

WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!! 37996810

CHICAGO - A man who allegedly took a photograph of his one-year-old daughter bound in tape then posted it on Facebook with the caption, "This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back," is now facing child abuse charges.

Andre Curry, 21, is charged with aggravated domestic battery and scheduled for a bond hearing Wednesday. Police say he used painter's tape to bind the girl's wrists and ankles and cover her mouth.

According to a Chicago police spokesperson, the department learned of the photograph - which has since been taken off Facebook - on December 14 and opened an investigation in cooperation with the Department of Children and Family Services.

CBS Chicago reports that several Facebook friends posted comments about the photo, including one who calls Curry a "nasty dirty child abuser," and another who claims she called DCFS and alerted them to the photo.

Meanwhile, a DCFS spokesman said the agency has had no prior contact with the family.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!! Empty Re: WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!!

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:54 am

Judge Sets Bond for Chicago Father Charged in Facebook Duct Tape Photo
By Joshua Rhett Miller
Published December 21, 2011
| FoxNews.com
Andre Curry, 21, has been charged with aggravated domestic battery after allegedly using painter's tape to bind his 1-year-old daughter and later placing an image on Facebook.

A judge has set bond at $100,000 for a Chicago father who posted an image on Facebook depicting his 1-year-old daughter bound with duct tape on her mouth, wrists and ankles.

Andre Curry, 21, was watching his 22-month-old daughter on Dec. 13 as the girl played with duct tape, according to Assistant State's Attorney Erin Antonietti. After taking the tape from the child, Antonietti said Curry bound her and then used his cellphone to take a picture that he later posted on Facebook.

A caption accompanying the image, which has since been removed, read: "This is wut [sic] happens wen [sic] my baby hits me back. ; )"

Assistant Public Defender Anand Sundaram said he believes Curry was playing around and wasn't trying to hurt the girl. WTF???

Curry, who was charged with aggravated domestic battery, was ordered not to have contact with his daughter and was barred from using the Internet.

Jimmie Whitelow, a spokesman for the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, told FoxNews.com on Tuesday that his agency was also investigating the image. Whitelow said DCFS officials have had no prior contact with the family.

Curry's Facebook profile contained several messages from Saturday referencing the image.

"Nasty dirty child abuser," one posting read. "To do this to your daughter, your flesh and blood, is unbelievable."

Another posting read: "This is what happens when children have children. I won't leave a negative comment because hate breeds more hate. This boy needs prayer, education, parenting classes, and therapy."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To think this degenerate posted that pic and stated that slander on his own FB page. What a dumb ass!! Didn't he KNOW someone would alert the police and media? In retrospect, I am Glad he posted it - otherwise, we would have never known. Makes me wonder what else he has done to this child and where is the Mother in all this??????

I normally do not like to post pics of that nature..but just provide a link - however, there is also video so it is out there. Nite, not a problem..just was shocking when I clicked on that thread.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!! Empty Re: WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!!

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:17 am

'This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back': Dad sparks police investigation after posting photo of his child BOUND WITH TAPE to Facebook
By THOMAS DURANTE
Last updated at 7:42 AM on 20th December 2011

A young father is now the subject of a police probe after a shocking photo of his daughter with her hands and feet bound was posted on Facebook.

Andre Curry, 21, of Chicago, has generated intense internet backlash after he posted the photo in July.
Last week, it appeared on websites like TheDirty.com and The Smoking Gun.

Bad dad? Andre Curry, of Chicago, has generated intense internet backlash after he posted this photo of his daughter in July

In the image, the tape holds the girl's arms and legs together at the wrists and ankles, with another large piece of tape across her mouth.

The photo is slapped with the caption 'this is wut happens wen my baby hits me back'.

Police probe: Cops say they're looking into the photo posted to Facebook by Andre Curry (Looking into it? What's to "look into"? It's all there!!)

Je’Vanna Cobbins, a friend of Curry's, told The Smoking Gun that he was just “playing around,' and would 'never do anything to harm anyone.'

She said: '[He was] being playful with his child. People play with their child differently'. GMAB!!

The Chicago Police Department told MailOnline that they were tipped off to the photo and their special investigations unit is looking into it.

A police spokesman said: 'It's an ongoing investigation.'
Curry has not commented on the issue.

He has since taken the photo off Facebook, but as the image has spread on the internet, angry users have targeted his page.

One commenter called Curry a ‘nasty child abuser'.

Another said: 'I hope you fall down the stairs and land on a bunch of bullets. Hate hate hate hate!'

Check out some of these comments:

Comments (158)
Here's what other readers have said. Why not debate this issue live on our message boards.
The comments below have not been moderated.

People are steady asking where is the mother..have y'all stop to think that maybe him and the mother are not together! And the child was visiting her dad for the weekend or some..geesh!!!! But I think it was a harmless joke and he didn't mean none by it..if he did do you think he would've put it on Facebook for the whole world to see...duh!
Duh! This person is ignorant or an abuser just like him!
- Melanie , Birmingham,al, 22/12/2011 03:55

I had called my cities police department when I had originally seen this online. He had reposted this picture Dec 13th. I had police come to my house within an hour of seeing this. Our local police department had faxed over the picture of his facebook page with the picture to the Chicago police department. I just don't see how any father could do this to their innocent child. Not only the father though, where the hell was the mother? I am sorry but I would never let my father of my children do that to our children, joking or not. It would never happen. I am glad that there was a lot of us in our city that wouldn't budge with letting this guy slide. Several of us called the Chicago Pd, Child protective services, emailed news sites. Finally glad that someone is finally doing something about this!
BRAVO!!!
- Concerned Parent, Dubuque Iowa, 21/12/2011 02:54

For a laugh, we should bind and gag him, stick him on the floor and put it on Facebook. Ha ha! He'd soooooooo find it hilarious. In fact I can hear him laughing from here. He is one sick and evil git to do that to his lovely, wee daughter.
- Minnie the Minx, UK, 20/12/2011 22:29

Get this child away from these evil people immediately!! Where was mother? This will leave a lasting emotional scar on this child- regardless of how old she is. People that think this is funny or OK have some serious thinking about their parenting values and abilities. Regardless of whether it was supposed to be a joke, this situation can seriously emotionally harm any child. Why on earth would anyone do this to a child, joking or not? .
Amen!
- anja, UK, 20/12/2011 18:57

I always wonder about the guy that invented Duct Tape seeing a picture like this.
- Adam, USA, 20/12/2011 16:27.

Not saying this is right, but it is not duct tape, that is painters tape he used. Not a very strong tape and won't hurt the child when he removes it. Still not right though.
- Jesse, USA, 20/12/2011 18:08

Hahaha you silly little man. My kids are some of the happiest kids I know, they have great imaginations. Dya know what, I also allow them to play 'dangerous' games like climbing trees, and going up ladders to the slide...I know, my bad.
- Kirsty, UK, 20/12/2011 18:07

Oh god we've tied ours up before playing with them, they love it and laugh like mad. Im sure this is all this man was doing. People are so uptight these days.
WTH?? - Kirsty, UK, 20/12/2011 16:23
Children don't know what is right or wrong until they are taught by the parents and tying your children up is very very wrong. They may laugh because they are happy to get attention from their parents but if the parents think that tying up their children is a suitable game they have a problem.
- Pablo Hemingway, Londonish, 20/12/2011 16:53

I always wonder about the guy that invented Duct Tape seeing a picture like this. An innocent and helpful product that is more known for it's use in crime than taping ducts. He should get a check from 3M every time to make him feel better.
???????????????
- Adam, USA, 20/12/2011 16:27

yeah i have problems breathing through my nose,i can only breathe properly through my mouth....if that ever happended to me, id be dead.
- Amy, UK, 20/12/2011 14:38

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!! Empty Man who bound daughter with tape indicted on felony charges

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:26 am

January 10, 2012 12:19 PM
By Crimesider Staff Topics Daily Blotter

(CBS) CHICAGO - A Chicago man who posted a photograph on Facebook of his 22-month-old daughter bound with painter's tape was indicted Monday on felony charges.

CBS Chicago reports the most serious charge 21-year-old Andre Curry faces is aggravated battery, which carries a sentence of 7 years.

Curry's pastor says the father posted the picture as a joke and did not hurt the girl. His attorney said the incident had been "blown out of proportion."

FOX News reports prosecutors said Curry decided to tie up his daughter after he witnessed her playing with the tape on Dec. 13.

Curry put the tape over her mouth and bound her wrists and ankles together. He then allegedly photographed her with his cell phone and put it up on a social networking site.

A caption of the image read, "This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back. ; )"

Chicago police investigated Curry the day after the photo was brought to their attention. He was arrested and ordered held on $100,000 bond on Dec. 21 and barred from contact with his daughter or any children.

Curry faces charges of aggravated domestic battery, aggravated battery and unlawful restraint, Cook County State's Attorney's office spokesman Andy Conklin said.

He is scheduled to be arraigned Jan. 26.

Where oh Where is the mother in all this????

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:33 am

All I can say is: This was NO Joke! If he thought it was a "joke", he needs to re-assess his sense of humor. And, boo hoo hoo....he did not get to spend Christmas w/his family who cannot raise the 10 grand..which tells me that if they could, they would. Sickening!!!

Would bet - even though his little daughter was not hurt physically - she has emotional scars that w/last her the rest of her life. And, how many times did he tie her up before he posted that pic on his FB? This dude is Ignorant and an abuser and his family needs to Stop enabling him and get therapy.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!! Empty Father of Duct Taped Girl in Court Thursday Girl's mother says photo posted to Facebook last month was a joke

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:56 am

Wednesday, Jan 25, 2012 | Updated 10:29 PM CST

View more videos at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

A caption with the photo read, "This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back."

A Chicago mother wants the public to know that a photo showing her daughter bound with duct tape was meant as a lighthearted joke and that the girl's father is not the monster many are calling him.

That 21-year-old father, Andre Curry, goes to court Thursday on charges of aggravated domestic battery and unlawful restraint.

"It's just not what it's supposed to be," Yesmin Doss said through tears Wednesday afternoon. "He's been called a monster and stuff and Dre's just a great guy. He's just a great, a great father." WTF??? The entire world has gone crazy!

Doss said she and Curry were together for five years and called him a very attentive dad who loves to spoil his little girl.

Curry was arrested last month after he posted the photo to his Facebook profile. The photo carried a caption that read, "This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back."

The Department of Children and Family Services later investigated and Curry was ordered held on $100,000 bond and told to stay off the Internet and away from all children under the age of 18, including his daughter.

Doss showed off more pictures that depict a loving relationship between Curry and his daughter. Though she concedes the photo looks bad, she said the child was never in any danger and said it was one moment during a playful evening between father and daughter.

The Rev. Torey Barrett said he recently visited a very remorseful Curry in jail and said he hoped others can learn from Curry's mistake.

"He broke down and just cried and kind of explained to me what actually happened," he said. "You have to think about your decisions before you do them.

Doss said she hopes Curry will be able to see his daughter on her second birthday in a couple of weeks.

"She's crying for him," she said. "It just kills me."

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:58 am

Let her cry. She is probably Very confused. That little one needs to be taken from Both parents & needs intense counseling if this is the mindset of the mother..he's a great dad. NO Great Dad ductapes their child. angry
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:20 am

CHICAGO — The mother of the girl whose father bound her with tape and posted the photo on Facebook says the picture was meant as a joke.

Prosecutors have charged 21-year-old Andre Curry of Chicago with aggravated domestic battery and unlawful restraint. His arraignment was scheduled Thursday.

The child's mother tells WMAQ-TV (http://tinyurl.com/7qr4s8g ) that Curry isn't a monster. Yesmin Doss says Curry is "just a great, a great father."

Curry was arrested last month and is being held on $100,000 bail. Prosecutors say he posted a photo of his 22-month-old daughter with tape around her mouth and wrists with the caption "This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back."

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Bond reduced for father in duct tape photo case

Posted: Jan 27, 2012 2:28 PM CST
Updated: Jan 27, 2012 2:28 PM CST

CHICAGO (AP) - A Cook County judge has reduced bond for a Chicago man accused of binding his young daughter with tape and posting a picture on Facebook.

Judge Lawrence Flood on Friday reduced bond from $100,000 to $30,000 for 21-year-old Andre Curry. Curry has pleaded not guilty to aggravated domestic battery and unlawful restraint. The case became national news after Curry posted the photo of his 22-month-old daughter on his Facebook page in December.

Curry's attorney has said his client was just trying to be funny with the photograph and that he didn't harm the girl. Curry's mother, the mother of Curry's daughter and Curry's pastor have all told the media the same thing.

On Friday, Curry told the judge he would comply with any conditions to have his bond reduced.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Man charged with taping up daughter, 2, can’t go to her birthday party

BY RUMMANA HUSSAIN Criminal Courts Reporter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] February 15, 2012 2:04PM

Andre Curry, 21, has been charged with bounding his daughter in tape and postring her photo on his Facebook page.
Updated: February 15, 2012 2:26PM

Andre Curry’s daughter turns 2 on Thursday.

But the young father cannot attend her birthday party and will have to wait until next week when a Cook County judge will determine whether he can see the toddler he allegedly bound in tape and photographed — and then posted the picture on Facebook.

“I’m leaning toward supervised visits,” Judge Lawrence Flood hinted during a brief hearing Wednesday.

However, Flood said before he reached a final decision, he wants Curry, 21, to undergo a drug test.

Curry was released from Cook County Jail last month after Flood reduced his bail for domestic battery from $100,000 to $30,000.

Once he was out, officials with the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services evaluated Curry and determined that he should be able visit his daughter twice a week with supervision, Curry’s attorney Zachary Hamilton said.

Curry was arrested in December when his Facebook friends from across the country reported that a controversial picture of his daughter’s hands and feet bound in blue painter’s tape had been posted on his Facebook page. Tape was also placed over her eyes.

“This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back,” Curry allegedly wrote under the picture.

Curry’s family has maintained that he posted the photo as a “joke” and would never harm the daughter he adores.

Curry, who wore a striped black and white long sleeved t-shirt, refused comment following Wednesday’s hearing.

After Josh Powell, Any supervised visit needs to be done at a public venue. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:27 am

March 9, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The father accused of putting electrical tape on his daughter's wrists and face and posting a photo online will get to visit her with supervision.

Andre Curry has entered not guilty pleas to charges of aggravated domestic battery and unlawful restraint.

The photo was posted on Facebook and showed up on several websites including smokinggun.com.

"A silly, momentary lapse of judgment and now he has to pay for it by having supervised visits which is a good thing today because now we can start the healing process so father and daughter can be reunited," said Sam Adam, Jr.

A judge says Curry can visit his 2-year-old daughter with the supervision of DCFS at what he calls neutral locations, not the homes of relatives.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!! Empty Trial Set for Man Who Duct-Taped Daughter on Facebook

Post by Wrapitup Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:56 pm

Father faces aggravated domestic battery charges, claims incident was a joke

Tuesday, Oct 30, 2012 | Updated 10:48 AM CDT

A bench trial was scheduled to begin Tuesday for a Chicago man accused of posting a Facebook photo of his 1-year-old daughter bound in duct tape.

Andre Curry, 21, was charged with aggravated domestic battery in the case. He claims it was a joke.
The photo on his profile page showed the little girl with her hands bound by blue tape and another strip of tape covering her mouth.

A caption with the photo read, "This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back."

The Department of Children and Family Services had no prior contact with the family before the December 2011 incident.

Curry was jailed until he posted $100,000 bond and ordered to stay off the Internet and away from all children under the age of 18, including his daughter.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by spayneuteryourpets Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:30 pm

My brother is ten years older than me. He used to do this to me with rope. Only then he'd tickle me until I peed my pants. He thought it was funny too.
spayneuteryourpets
spayneuteryourpets

Back to top Go down

WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!! Empty Father acquitted of unlawful restraint for picture of taped baby on Facebook, still faces battery charges

Post by Wrapitup Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:46 pm

BY RUMMANA HUSSAIN Criminal Courts Reporter [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] October 30, 2012 6:22PM

Andre Curry, who after allegedly posting a picture of his daughter on Facebook bound in painter's tape, was charged with 3 felonies. Friday, March 2, 2012. | Brian Jackson~Sun-Times

Updated: October 30, 2012 8:06PM

A toddler who was allegedly bound in painter’s tape by her young father and then had her picture with the adhesive posted on Facebook was jovial and playful following the stunt and did not have any visible injuries, her relatives and a Chicago Police detective testified Tuesday.

“She was laughing. He was laughing and I started laughing because she was laughing,” Annastesia Curry said, describing the antics at her South Side home last year.

Curry said her sibling, Andre, and her then 22-month old niece were horsing around when her brother decided to place the blue tape on the girl’s mouth, ankles and wrists for roughly 30 seconds.

The baby was giggling during the act and minutes later when she was freed of the tape, guffawed as she ran into the kitchen, Annastesia Curry said at her brother’s hour long bench trial before Cook County Judge Lawrence Flood.

Defense attorney Sam Adam Jr. argued that Andre Curry, 22, did something “stupid, not criminal,” and should have never been charged with aggravated domestic battery, domestic battery and unlawful restraint for the “joke.”

But not everyone thought it was a laughing matter.

Andre Curry’s Facebook “friends” called law enforcement officials after he posted a picture of his daughter and captioned the photo “This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back. ; ),” prosecutors said.

He even texted the picture to the child’s mother, writing “Mommy help me,” the mother, Yesmin Doss, 21, said, testifying for the prosecution.

However, even though Doss didn't find the text as humorous as her former boyfriend, she didn't think he intended to harm their child.

“He’s a very good father,” said Doss, who is currently living with the girl.

Even detective Charles Hollendoner said he didn't see any bruises or marks on the baby when he went to check up on her days after the Dec. 13 incident.

The child was in good spirits and playing, the officer said.

“She was walking and talking but she wouldn’t say anything to me. She just smiled,” Hollendoner said.

But Hollendoner also told assistant state’s attorney Elizabeth Ciaccia that children who have been suffocated or had their breath impeded may not show outward signs of injuries.

Hollendoner said Andre Curry told him he was playing with his daughter when he came up with the “joke.”

He also told Hollendoner that he taped the girl after she slapped him but didn’t mean any harm.

When cross-examined by Adam, Hollendoner said Andre Curry additionally relayed that the two continued to “play” following the slap and that he did not tape his daughter in retaliation.

Adam didn’t present any witnesses but asked the judge to clear his client in the case he earlier described as “silly.”

Flood acquitted Andre Curry of unlawful restraint Tuesday but will render his verdict on the pair of domestic battery charges on Nov. 8.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:33 am

WHAT IN THE HELL?

Just because the child was too young to understand or recognize this as abuse doesn't mean that's not what it was!!!!!! Wait till she's a teenager and show her the picture and the comment her daddy posted on a social media site for all to see and lets see if she giggles and laughs about it then.
I have truly become disgusted with our Judicial System! Isn't there anyone with the power of Authority who will stand up for children?
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spayneuteryourpets Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:23 pm

Yeah, she wasn't hurt and she thought it was funny. It was attention from her father. The real problem is the failure of her father to respect her as a person. What else has he done to her because it was "funny"? This isn't an isolated incident. And this kind of treatment damages self-esteem. She is a thing of amusement. I could go on and on but I'm having trouble not identifying with this child.
spayneuteryourpets
spayneuteryourpets

Back to top Go down

WARNING:GRAPHIC DISTURBING PHOTO!Child Abuse Charges Filed Against Andre Curry For Taping Toddler&Posting Photos To Facebook.Update:11/8/12:acquitted of unlawful restraint after a trial late last mo. but today he found him guilty of two battery counts!!! Empty Guilty verdict for dad who posted photo of daughter bound, gagged

Post by Wrapitup Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:28 pm

By Jason Meisner
Tribune reporter
1:52 p.m. CST, November 8, 2012

A father who posted a Facebook photo of his 22-month-old daughter bound and gagged with tape was found guilty today of charges of aggravated domestic battery and aggravated battery.

Judge Lawrence Flood had acquitted Andre Curry of unlawful restraint after a trial late last month, but today he found Curry guilty of the two battery counts, saying in a brief ruling that by placing tape over the girl's mouth, he had obstructed her breathing for his own enjoyment.

"To use a child...as a toy or a prop in an odd attempt at humor is conduct of an insulting or provoking nature," Flood said.

Curry, dressed in a sweater and tie, kept his head down and his hands behind his back as the judge spoke. His lawyers have said it was a stupid prank by the 22-year-old father. His photo became an Internet sensation last December.

He faces up to 7 years in prison when he is sentenced Nov. 29, but he has never before been in trouble and could be placed on probation. He remains free on bond pending sentencing.

Curry’s attorney, Sam Adam Jr., said his client was “devastated” by the felony conviction. The domestic battery law was not intended to punish a loving parent who makes a mistake but causes no injuries, Adam said.

“This is for people who beat their wives. This is for people who beat their kids,” Adam said. “That is not this case.”

Adam said prosecutors should have focused less on winning a conviction and more on doing what’s best for the child, who now has a father who will find it difficult to maintain a job and support her financially.

“How is he going to provide for this child as a convicted felon?” Adam said. “Do you know what it’s like to be a black man in America with a felony in your background? Who’s going to hire him? How is he going to make a living?

“Yes, this was stupid. Yes he put it on Facebook. Yes he made some silly remarks. But that’s not felony action,” Adam said. “That’s not what the legislature intended and we’re going to have to take it up (on) appeal.”

Curry told police he was playing with his daughter one night at their South Side home and used blue painter’s tape to bind her ankles and wrists and cover her mouth. He then snapped a photo and uploaded it on his Facebook page.

Across the top of the photo were the words: "This is wut happens wen my baby hits me back," according to prosecutors and police reports. The message was followed with a winking emoticon.

Family members have said that Curry is playful and the photograph was meant to be a joke.

But the image went viral on the Internet, prompting a flood of calls to police and state child-welfare authorities from Curry’s friends on Facebook and others who had seen it.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down