Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autopsy planned for child’s body found along Weber River/ Body believed to be that of Corbin Anderson, 4.

2 posters

Go down

Autopsy planned for child’s body found along Weber River/ Body believed to be that of Corbin Anderson, 4. Empty Autopsy planned for child’s body found along Weber River/ Body believed to be that of Corbin Anderson, 4.

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 15, 2012 12:41 pm

By Janelle Stecklein | The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published 4 hours ago • Updated 1 hour ago
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Authorities plan to conduct an autopsy Monday on the body of a young child found along the Weber River.

Ogden police said Monday that authorities believe that the body is that of missing 4-year-old Corbin Anderson who fell into the river April 28 and was swept away. However, police are awaiting Monday’s autopsy results to make a positive identification.

A Washington Terrace resident walking the riverbank spotted the child’s body Sunday under a fallen tree about 1:40 p.m. Sunday. The child’s body was found about a quarter-mile downstream from where Corbin fell into the river. The child’s clothing and appearance matched that of Corbin, police said.

Corbin, who lived in Layton, tumbled into the river two weeks ago while he was standing on a boulder so his family could take his picture, police said.

The extensive search for Corbin’s body had involved more than 100 people including divers, kayakers, dogs, helicopters and walkers on river banks between 17th and 24th streets.

Last weekend, the river was lowered and diverted through an alternate channel, leaving some areas shallow enough to wade while other spots remained up to 10 feet deep. The boy’s body was spotted 6 to 8 inches under the water, in an area where river levels have dropped about two feet in the last week, police said.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue May 15, 2012 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Autopsy planned for child’s body found along Weber River/ Body believed to be that of Corbin Anderson, 4. Empty Found body identified as missing 4-year-old Layton boy, Corbin Anderson/Medical examiner lists cause of death as drowning.

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 15, 2012 12:45 pm

By Jessica MIller | The Salt Lake Tribune
First Published 3 hours ago • Updated 49 minutes ago

Authorities have confirmed that the body of a young child found along the Weber River is that of missing 4-year-old Corbin Anderson.

Ogden Police Lt. Danielle Croyle said the medical examiner confirmed the identification of the body, and said that while the final report has not been completed, the initial cause of death appears to be drowning. She said the final report will not be completed for several weeks.

Corbin, who lived in Layton, tumbled into the river April 28 and was swept away. A Washington Terrace resident walking the riverbank spotted the child’s body Sunday afternoon under a fallen tree about a quarter mile downstream from where Corbin fell in.

Corbin fell into the river while he was standing on a boulder so his family could take his picture, police said.Michelle Faamausili, Corbin’s aunt, said Tuesday morning that their family plans to have a funeral for the young boy, but plans for the event to be a family-only. A public memorial was held Saturday to honor the boy."We just want to thank everyone for what everyone did, and thank the man who found him," she said. "Our family has been really, really grateful for what everyone did."

The extensive search for the boy’s body involved more than 100 people including divers, kayakers, dogs, helicopters and walkers on river banks between 17th and 24th streets.The river was lowered last weekend and diverted through an alternate channel, leaving shallow areas for divers to search the waters. The boy’s body was spotted 6 to 8 inches under the water, in an area where river levels dropped about two feet in the last week, police [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Autopsy planned for child’s body found along Weber River/ Body believed to be that of Corbin Anderson, 4. Empty Re: Autopsy planned for child’s body found along Weber River/ Body believed to be that of Corbin Anderson, 4.

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 15, 2012 12:45 pm

OGDEN – Ogden police confirmed on Tuesday that the body of a child found in the Weber River is Corbin Anderson.

Corbin was found by a man walking along the banks of the Weber River on Sunday, said Ogden Police Lt. Scott Conley. Police said the preliminary cause of death is accidental drowning.

Jack Price spotted the body of a child lodged under a log in the water, about 5 feet from the bank of the river and about a quarter mile downstream from the location where 4-year-old Corbin Anderson fell into the water more than two weeks ago.

“I’ve seen a lot of debris floating in the river and I really couldn’t tell and I walked down because I wasn’t sure what I was seeing. I picked his hand up to make sure and it broke my heart,” said Jack Price, the man who found the body.

Price, a father himself, said he has been searching the Weber River for Corbin for the last few weeks and found the boy’s body near 21st Street.
“I have a six old son, it would’ve broke my heart, I can’t imagine what they’re going through,” said Price. “Just wish them the best. Now they can have closure and hopefully, eventually go on.”

The body of the child has been removed from the river and was taken to a Salt Lake City medical examiner for identification and analysis. The Anderson family was not asked to identify the body because of its condition.
Initially, police could not confirmed that it is definitely the body of Corbin, but Conley said that the child was be about the same age as Corbin and is wearing similar clothing.

Corbin was taking photos with his family on April 28 when he fell into the fast, cold water of the Weber River in Ogden. Search and rescue crews searched both above ground and below the water’s surface for the boy’s body, even diverting the river, without success.
A memorial has been set up near Kayak Park where Corbin went missing.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Autopsy planned for child’s body found along Weber River/ Body believed to be that of Corbin Anderson, 4. Empty Re: Autopsy planned for child’s body found along Weber River/ Body believed to be that of Corbin Anderson, 4.

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 15, 2012 12:47 pm

What a little cutie!!!! OMG, this is SO sad!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Autopsy planned for child’s body found along Weber River/ Body believed to be that of Corbin Anderson, 4. Empty Prayer led me to boy's body

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 15, 2012 12:49 pm

By JaNae Francis
Standard-Examiner staff
Mon, 05/14/2012 - 11:58pm

OGDEN — A Washington Terrace man who police say found the body of a boy in the Weber River on Sunday afternoon says he felt compelled to keep looking until the child was found.

Jack Price, 53, said he went to the place where 4-year-old Corbin Anderson, of Layton, fell into the water every day for the two weeks since the boy was believed to have drowned.

Price said he’s not particularly religious nor a member of any faith group, but he said prayer is what led him to find Corbin’s body.

“Something kept telling me to keep coming down here,” he said. “I knew he was down here. I didn’t want to quit until he was found.”

Price said he has a 6-year-old son of his own, whom he even brought with him to the river Saturday to look for the boy.

“I just wanted to give the family closure,” Price said.

Because Sunday was Mother’s Day and Price’s mother had died two years ago, he decided the best way to honor her was to spend the day in the service of Corbin’s mother’s heart.

“I can’t imagine what they’ve got to be going through,” he said of Corbin’s family. “I kept feeling his presence. I kept praying.”

Price said he found the boy about a quarter-mile downstream from where he fell in.

He said Corbin’s body was under a log where some other debris had gathered.

Price was hiking through a brushy area off the beaten path when he spotted what he thought was the back of Corbin’s head and the top of one arm a few inches under the water.

He said he had to walk away at first but then returned to reach down and take Corbin’s hand out of the water.

“It broke my heart,” he said.

That’s when he called police.

Ogden Police Lt. Scott Conley said police were called to the scene around 1:40 p.m. Sunday.

He said detectives and a medical examiner on the scene both gave a positive identification of the body, which was transported to the state medical examiner’s office.

Conley said the state medical examiner will have to give final identification, but he did not doubt the body was Corbin’s.

He said officials talked with Corbin’s father, whose description of what Corbin was wearing at the time he fell into the river matched what the found boy was wearing.

“It was kind of a bittersweet solution,” Conley said. “On Mother’s Day, we find him in the river.”

But Conley said notifying the family on that day while they were surrounded by other family members at a Mother’s Day gathering gave them a chance for some support.

Conley said there’s no way of estimating the hundreds of man hours that have been put into finding Corbin in the river, as hundreds of volunteers have helped in one way or another in looking for the boy.

There was a false alarm Wednesday when a man in a float tube thought he had found the boy.

On Thursday, Ogden detectives observed Make a Difference Day by picking up trash along the river while looking for the boy at the same time.

Conley said low water levels in the river assisted in the search. He said much water has been held back, likely in anticipation of upcoming irrigation needs.

Corbin was posing for photos with his family when he fell into the cold water of the Weber River near the Ogden Kayak Park.

Search and rescue crews searched both above ground and below the water’s surface for the boy’s body, even diverting the river, without success.

The family held a memorial service for the boy Saturday in Layton.

“Faith makes all things possible,” reads a rock that is part of a makeshift memorial at a lookout point across the river from where Corbin fell into the river. A candlelight vigil was held late Sunday evening where Corbin's body was found.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue May 15, 2012 3:14 pm

crying
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down