Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson

+6
TerryRose
crolsnest
raine1953
Wrapitup
NiteSpinR
samgoodwin
10 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Empty Re: UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:17 pm

I agree he probably did use the dogs to get her inside his house.
Here's what stands out to me in this picture of Tyler...

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 A57

As far as the shot under the chin. I bet the Officer who wounded him took any available shot before he continued shooting at the other Officers or before he could turn the gun on himself.

NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Empty Re: UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:18 pm

Ya, like he's watching while getting stoned? I agree with ALL you said.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Empty Bond $1M For Hospitalized Suspect Tyler Holder For The Murder Of Alanna Gallagher

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:58 pm

July 31, 2013

SAGINAW, Texas -- Bond has been set at $1 million for a hospitalized North Texas teenager charged with killing a 6-year-old neighbor and wounding an officer

Tarrant County jail records Wednesday listed 17-year-old Tyler Holder of Saginaw as in custody while hospitalized after being shot in the head by police. Still being reported

Defense attorney Rose Anna Salinas said Wednesday that she’s visited her client. Salinas declined to release Holder’s condition or comment further.

Holder was shot July 23 as officers served a capital murder warrant in the slaying of Alanna Gallagher. Her body was discovered July 1 wrapped in a tarp.

Investigators say Holder shot an Arlington officer before police returned fire.

Holder was charged with attempted capital murder after the wounding of Detective Charles Lodatto. Lodatto was discharged from a hospital Monday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:54 pm

I sure hope they try him as an adult. I have a good feeling that they will, heck he's seventeen and he tried to kill a cop! And a darling little innocent girl.....MOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:15 pm

Agree! And there should be NO Bond. Period!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:09 pm

He raped and killed an innocent child, shot a Police Officer and is granted BAIL? WTH!!!!What if he happens to get out? What kind of fight will he put up the next time?
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:12 pm

In complete Shock that his bond would be so low. Hell, drug traffickers get higher bonds! DESPICABLE!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:24 am

Agree there should be NO bond. We've all seen cases where the bond was set at $ Million or even half of that and somehow they made bond. No way there should be any bond for a murderer!!!!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Empty Suspect Tyler Holder Expected To Make A Slow Recovery

Post by NiteSpinR Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:16 am

Jul. 31, 2013

The 17-year-old suspect in the slaying of Alanna Gallagher is likely months away from being released from the hospital as he recovers from a gunshot in the head, Saginaw police said Tuesday.

Police spokesman Damon Ing said Tyler Holder continued to receive breathing assistance after a tracheotomy and cannot speak to investigators. Though Holder is expected to recover from his injury, Ing said it is going to be a “slow recovery.”

“I’ll be surprised if he’s out before three months,” Ing said. “I would be ecstatic if that happened. That would be a miraculous recovery.”

On Monday, the Arlington detective who was been shot while participating in Holder’s arrest was released from the hospital.

“We have some great news. … Officer Charles Lodatto is released from the hospital and is back home,” the department said on its Facebook page. “His friends, neighbors, and family lined the streets with posters and signs as he drove into the neighborhood!”

Lodatto was assigned to the Safe Street FBI Task Force, one of several groups investigating Alanna’s death.

The girl was found slain, concealed in a trash back and wrapped in a tarp on a residential less than a mile from her home the evening of July 1. She was last seen playing outside her house that afternoon.

Holder, who lived a couple houses down from Alanna, was linked to the crime through DNA found on the girl’s body and on the buckle of a belt that encircled the tarp, according to court documents.

The morning of July 23, Lodatto and other investigators went to Holder’s home. Holder declined to speak with them, then pulled out a handgun after being told he was under arrest, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

FBI agent Andy Farrell pushed Holder inside the house and was struggling for the gun it went off, striking Lodatto in the groin, the affidavit says.

Saginaw Detective Robert Richardson returned fire, hitting Holder in the head, it says.

Lodatto was treated at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth.

Holder remains under guard in serious condition at John Peter Smith Hospital. He has been formally charged with attempted capital murder in the shooting of Lodatto and faces a capital murder charge in connection with Alanna’s sexual assault and suffocation.

In a telephone interview Tuesday, the teen’s biological father, Glenn Geisen, said he learned he had a son in 2009 when he was served with court documents informing him that Kimberly Holder was seeking child support for the teen.
Geisen said that he had had a brief relationship with Kimberly Holder while both lived in Boyd as teenagers but that she’d never told him she was pregnant with his child.
After learning that paternity tests confirmed he was Holder’s father, Geisen said he tried unsuccessfully to meet the boy.

“I’ve tired to contact them, get ahold of them, and nobody was helping me out with anything,” said Geisen, who lives in Montana. “I’ve tried getting ahold of the child support office. They don’t give me any information. All they gave me on the paper was when he was born and his birthday and such.”
Geisen said he is continuing to pay back child support for his son but after hearing of Holder’s charges, is no longer interested in meeting him.
“If those accusations are true, I don’t even want to acknowledge that he is my son,”
Geisen said.

Neighbor says search uncovered stolen property
Ing said investigators are continuing to comb through evidence seized from Holder’s home and car. He said police have found nothing pointing to an accomplice in the slaying although the investigation is continuing.

Ryan Costello, who lives on the same street as Holder and Alanna, said he had suspected that Holder rifled through his wife’s car in the days before Alanna was slain.
“We reported it but we had no evidence to who it was,” Costello said. “But there were other neighbors who had run-ins with him in the past.”
He said those suspicions were confirmed after police searched Holder’s house and found some of Costello’s possessions inside, including the registration to his wife’s car.
“We only thought he stole the navigation card,” Costello said. “Come to find out, what we didn’t know, is he also took a spare key to my truck.”

Costello said that nothing indicates Holder ever accessed his pickup and that security surveillance systems reviewed by police apparently showed that the truck never left the driveway after Costello came home from work July 1.
Costello said police reportedly found other people’s belongings as well.
“If they know who they belong to, I don’t know, but he had a slew of stuff,” Costello said.

Ing would not comment on Costello’s assertions or on whether investigators suspect that items seized from Holder’s home could be stolen. He said police are cross-referencing seized items with property reported stolen.
“We really can’t identify stolen property if we don’t know if it’s stolen in the first place,” Ing said.

Costello said he’d seen Holder around the neighborhood for years but had never talked to him.
“I guess you could say we saw him grow up. He went from looking like a normal 12-year-old to growing into a kind of a gothic-looking guy,” Costello said. “You could tell something was going on.”

Costello said he and his wife “were not too thrilled” on discovering that his name and address were on a search warrant inventory of items that police seized from Holder’s home. As a result, Costello said, some have mistakenly assumed he was involved.
“When I first found out, I looked it up on the Internet,” he said. “I guess they have talk forums and people are running all these theories [about me] on forums. That’s a pretty unsettling feeling.”

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Look how cute and normal Tyler looked at 7 years old. Somewhere along the line it seems he got into drugs and went downhill.

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Tylerage7

I've seen reports of people finding him offering himself for sex services on Craigs List also, not going to post the links here though, because it hasn't been verified that it's him.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:13 pm

He looks like at some point in his life he was a good kid.

But so did Charles Manson

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Manson10
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:39 pm

LOL, Nite! Manson actually looks creepy to me even there. IMHO 
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:46 pm

samgoodwin wrote:LOL, Nite! Manson actually looks creepy to me even there. IMHO 
Sam you think he looks creepy in that picture?
Here's one of him as a baby!

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 A62
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Empty Wounded Arlington Police Detective Charles Lodatto Talks About The Day He Was Shot By Tyler Holder

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:52 pm

August 6, 2013

ARLINGTON -- Wounded Arlington police detective Charles Lodatto said he knew immediately that he’d been shot through his femoral artery, but never believed it would kill him.

He limped slowly into a press conference Tuesday at Arlington police headquarters, alongside his wife, Chauntel, and FBI special agent Andy Farrell.

"Sitting here beside me is the true hero of this story," Lodatto started out, turning to Farrell.

The two have worked together for eight years, including the day last month when they were part of an FBI task force sent to arrest 17-year-old capital murder suspect Tyler Holder for allegedly raping and killing Saginaw 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher.

Holder allegedly shot Lodatto as they were serving the warrant in the entryway of the home, two houses down from Gallagher's.

"He bear hugged a guy with a gun," Lodatto said of Farrell.

They weren’t wearing heavy body armor because they wanted Holder to talk to them before they produced the arrest warrant.

"He said he wasn't going to talk to us,” Farrell recalled. “I stepped to him then, and said, 'We have a warrant. You're coming with us.' He produced a gun. I was very close to him."

Farrell tackled the suspect as shots were fired.

"While I was wrestling, the gun went off," he said.

Holder was shot in the head; Lodatto in the groin.

"I saw the blood shooting out of my pants," Lodatto said.

One officer pulled off his shirt to bandage the wound. Farrell used a belt as a tourniquet, then talked himself hoarse to keep his friend alert.

"I told him to stay with us, to fight through this, that he would be OK," Farrell said.

Lodatto, the detective of the year in Arlington last year, repeatedly said his faith allowed him to stay calm. He even took time to witness to firefighters and MedStar paramedics trying to save his life. He said it seemed like a good opportunity.

"He looked at the fire fighter and me and he literally asked if we were right with God,” said Tim Penic, one of the first responders. “I'm not a particularly religious person. I told him I’m not, but I envy your faith. But I don’t have any."

Penic spoke to News 8 about the rescue last month. He said he quickly changed the subject but Lodatto wouldn't let him.

"The last thing he said as we were getting out of the ambulance at the hospital, he stopped and grabbed my hand and said you need to go to church on Sunday," Penic said, laughing.

Paramedics say even in the ambulance, he seemed more concerned with their souls than his own blood.

"I realized this was a time when I had a platform to spread my faith with them," Lodatto said.

Detective Lodatto still has a bullet lodged in his hip, and said he doesn't know when he can return to work. But agent Farrell said the detective hasn’t stopped working and still calls daily to ask about the case.

Tyler Holder remains hospitalized with a head wound. According to a search warrant affidavit, investigators found in his home a sealed letter addressed to "Mom" that read "I love you, I'm sorry." As News 8 reported after the document was unsealed:

Additionally, authorities took a Timex watch with a purple band with pink-and-green flowers on it; girls necklaces and jewelry; multiple condoms, including at least four that had been used; bedding; plastic and latex gloves; plastic containers and tubing; white ropes with knots tied in them; and paper towels and toilet paper with blood on them.

Ladotto is a 21-year police veteran. He downplays his wound now.

"I do have a little hitch in my giddy up," as he puts it.

Chauntel Lodatto said the shooting still affects their two young children, but they all understand that dad's a cop.

"If you know Charles Lodatto,” she said, “there's no question he'll return."

"I think this is what God wants me to do with my life,” her husband said. “I enjoy it. I can't wait to get back to it."

And he said his priority remains securing justice for Alanna Gallagher.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 pm

Arlington Police Detective Charles Lodatto talked to the media for the first time since he was shot serving a murder arrest warrant in Saginaw two weeks ago. He appeared with his wife, Chauntel and FBI special agent Andy Farrell, left, on Tuesday, August 6, . 2013. (Star-Telegram/Joyce Marshall)
UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 A11gbg10

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Empty UPDATE: Saginaw murder suspect Tyler Holder out of hospital; now in Tarrant County Jail!!!!!!!!

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:29 pm

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Tyler-Holder-240x300
The Saginaw man accused of raping and killing a 6-year-old neighbor is now in Tarrant County Jail after he was released from the hospital Wednesday, the Sheriff’s office announced.

Tyler Holder, 17, sported a black eye and bandages on his neck in his new mugshot released Wednesday. He was in the hospital after he was shot during an exchange of gunfire with officers who were trying to arrest him in connection with the slaying of 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher. At the time, police said Holder was shot in the head.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram’s Bill Miller reported Wednesday on Twitter that Holder had more firepower available to him; Holder’s home also contained two handguns, four rifles and a shotgun, according to a search warrant affidavit.

The Arlington officer Holder is accused of shooting in the groin, Charles Lodatto, was released from the hospital. Another officer was credited with preventing Lodatto from bleeding out. Speaking publicly Tuesday, Lodatto said he is looking forward to returning to work, but has “a little hitch in my giddyup.”

Holder has been charged with capital murder for the Gallagher slaying and attempted capital murder for the Lodatto shooting. Other charges could be tacked on later. His bond has been set at $1 million.

Holder has declined all media interviews, Sheriff’s Office spokesman Terry Grisham said in an email.

Last edited by NiteSpinR on Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:32 pm

July 31, 2013
Police spokesman Damon Ing said Tyler Holder continued to receive breathing assistance after a tracheotomy and cannot speak to investigators. Though Holder is expected to recover from his injury, Ing said it is going to be a “slow recovery.”
Apparently "Slow" is "Faster" than it used to be!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:48 pm

Tyler Holder, 17, was booked into the Tarrant County Jail shortly after midnight on Wednesday.  He is still under the care of JPS Hospital.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:49 pm

That's what I thought! Damn the media!!

So, he declined interviews. He cannot talk. But, he can write and I've said this from the get go. Really, what the hell would he say/write in an interview? I don't think I'd want to read anything he has to say. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:46 pm

NiteSpinR wrote:
samgoodwin wrote:LOL, Nite! Manson actually looks creepy to me even there. IMHO 
Sam you think he looks creepy in that picture?
Here's one of him as a baby!

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 A62

OMG! LOL. Freaky child. (Sorry, I've been absent - caught walking pneumonia. I'm playing catch up.)
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:49 pm

That is a God awful photo! affraid 
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:50 pm

NiteSpinR wrote:UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Tyler-Holder-240x300
The Saginaw man accused of raping and killing a 6-year-old neighbor is now in Tarrant County Jail after he was released from the hospital Wednesday, the Sheriff’s office announced.

Tyler Holder, 17, sported a black eye and bandages on his neck in his new mugshot released Wednesday. He was in the hospital after he was shot during an exchange of gunfire with officers who were trying to arrest him in connection with the slaying of 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher. At the time, police said Holder was shot in the head.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram’s Bill Miller reported Wednesday on Twitter that Holder had more firepower available to him; Holder’s home also contained two handguns, four rifles and a shotgun, according to a search warrant affidavit.

The Arlington officer Holder is accused of shooting in the groin, Charles Lodatto, was released from the hospital. Another officer was credited with preventing Lodatto from bleeding out. Speaking publicly Tuesday, Lodatto said he is looking forward to returning to work, but has “a little hitch in my giddyup.”

Holder has been charged with capital murder for the Gallagher slaying and attempted capital murder for the Lodatto shooting. Other charges could be tacked on later. His bond has been set at $1 million.

Holder has declined all media interviews, Sheriff’s Office spokesman Terry Grisham said in an email.

This picture kills me. That hair - LOL. I thought he was going to look so much more badly injured than this. He barely looks wounded at all! A black eye and a trachea bandage. Pffft. I agree he could still write a confession if he wanted to.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:27 pm

A spokesman for the Tarrant County Sheriff's Department told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that Holder was shot under the chin during a brief gun battle with officers. 
Holder must still undergo regular medical care in jail, but authorities had him transferred from the hospital - where he had been recovering - for security reasons.

He is currently separated from the jail's general population, so he can receive medical attention and continue to heal.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:33 pm

Would LOVE to know who gave him that black eye! He doesn't even look miserable. I want this degenerate to be COMPLETELY Miserable!

So, he gets FREE medical care..in Texas..b/c he killed and raped a child. no no 
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:35 pm

I have known of peeps in jail with their blood pressure through the Roof that couldn't get medical care. And this POS Does? IMO, he GOT the medical care in the hospital....he is going to live. Stop w/the medical care in jail and let him SUFFER ALIVE. MOO!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:34 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I have known of peeps in jail with their blood pressure through the Roof that couldn't get medical care. And this POS Does? IMO, he GOT the medical care in the hospital....he is going to live. Stop w/the medical care in jail and let him SUFFER ALIVE. MOO!
Don't they want to get him to where he can talk????
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:11 am

I don't know if that's possible.....if it IS..yes..give him the medical..
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:12 am

Even if he can/could eventually talk..I doubt he would say anything that would be of any benefit to anyone but him. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Empty Medical Examiner Reports That 6 Year Old Alanna Gallagher Was Smothered By Plastic Bags

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:31 pm

Oct 02, 2013
SAGINAW, Texas -

The Tarrant County medical examiner says a girl who was sexually assaulted and murdered in July died after being smothered by plastic bags.

According to police documents, investigators believe Tyler Holder acted alone.

They believe he used his mother's car on the day 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher of Saginaw was killed.

Police also took what's believed to be Alanna's watch from Holder's home.

He is charged with capital murder and also attempted murder for shooting an Arlington police officer.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Empty New Details Emerge

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:38 pm

October 2, 2013

Alanna Gallagher always wore her Timex watch with flowers and a purple band when she went out to play so she’d know when to come home, her mother told Saginaw police.

After the 6-year-old was found raped and murdered July 1, her mother never found the watch, according to recently released police documents.

The details shed light on why police were searching for a girl’s watch in the home of the 17-year-old neighbor accused in Alanna’s death. A watch matching the description was among the 100 items taken from his house, according to police documents released in July.

New documents provide more details about the investigation into Alanna’s death.

Tyler Holder has been charged with capital murder and remains in jail in lieu of $1 million bail. He is due to appear in court in Tarrant County on Thursday.

Alanna’s body was found about a mile from her home on Babbling Brook Drive in Saginaw. She was wrapped in a tarp bound with red duct tape, and her head was covered with four plastic shopping bags. The recently released documents said that a report from the Tarrant County medical examiner’s office stated the cause of death as asphyxiation from the plastic bags.

Among the outstanding questions surrounding the case had been whether more than one person was involved. Video surveillance obtained from the north and south ends of Babbling Brook Drive did not show Holder driving his vehicle the day of Alanna’s death. But the new documents state that police believe he may have used his mother’s car during the crime.

The documents also state that Holder bought a new cellphone July 3, two days after Alanna’s death. He gave his old phone to a friend a week or two before his arrest on July 23.

According to the documents, the friend told police on July 24 that he had found a YouTube search on Holder’s phone for “Good Kid Porn Websites.” The friend also told police he found pictures of Holder wearing women’s clothing and photos of male genitals.

Holder has also been charged with the attempted murder of Arlington police Officer Charles Lodatto. Police said that Holder shot Lodatto in the groin during a gunfight when officers came to his house to arrest him. Holder was shot in the head in the incident.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:21 pm

Something in the Daily Mail today also.. lots of pictures.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks for the link Sam. Most if not all of those pictures are posted here already.
I have a feeling this is going to be one of those cases that drags on for years before finally going to trial. Sure hope I'm wrong about that.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:39 am

I think now that they know for sure he raped her before suffocating her, he should be prosecuted fairly quickly. At least I hope so!
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:23 am

Could..not..agree..more..but..(pardon..if..I..fray..some..nerves..here)
It's
TexASS..
Depends..on..what..County..
UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 808364237 UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 808364237 confused confused fingertap fingertap fingertap rabbit rabbit pulling hair pulling hair pulling hair pulling hair pulling hair pulling hair thinking thinking eyerolling eyerolling eyerolling head bang head bang head bang RIP RIP RIP 
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Empty Tyler Holder Indicted For Attempted Capital Murder In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Detective Charles Lodatto

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:04 pm

Oct. 17, 2013

The teenage suspect in the slaying of a Saginaw girl in July has been indicted on an attempted capital murder charge in the shooting of an Arlington police detective, the Tarrant County district attorney’s office announced Thursday.

A grand jury returned the indictment against Tyler Holder, 17, who is accused of wounding Detective Charles Lodatto, who had accompanied other officers to arrest Holder on July 23.

Holder, who also was wounded, is accused of kidnapping and killing 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher.

Prosecutors plan to ask a grand jury to indict Holder on a capital murder charge in the girl’s death, but are “waiting on some investigative reports,” said Melody McDonald, a spokeswoman for the district attorney’s office.

Alanna was found dead the evening of July 1 on a Saginaw street corner. Her family lives near Holder and his mother on Babbling Brook Drive, about a mile from where her body was found.

Authorities have said they used DNA evidence to connect Holder to the killing.

He remained in the Tarrant County Jail on Thursday with bail totaling $1 million on the attempted capital murder and capital murder charges.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Empty Trial Date Set For Tyler Holder~ October 20, 2014

Post by NiteSpinR Thu May 29, 2014 3:53 pm

May 28, 2014

A trial date has been set for the teenager charged with killing his 6-year-old neighbor in Saginaw last July.

Tyler Holder’s trial is set for Oct. 20, according to the Tarrant County district attorney’s office.

Holder, 18, has been charged with capital murder in the death of Alanna Gallagher and attempted capital murder in the shooting of an Arlington police officer.

Alanna was found dead July 1 after she disappeared from her Saginaw home. A few weeks later, Holder shot Officer Charles Lodatto when authorities came to his home to arrest him, authorities say.

Holder remains in the Tarrant County Jail with bail set at $1 million.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson - Page 8 Empty UPDATE: Tyler Holder Pleads Guilty To The Capital Murder Of Alanna Gallagher And Is Sentenced To Life ~ PLUS 40 Years In The Shooting Of Arlington Police Officer & 20 Years For Arson

Post by NiteSpinR Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:02 am

September 4, 2014

A Saginaw teen has pleaded guilty to the murder of 6-year-old Alanna Gallagher, whose body was found wrapped in a tarp and dumped on a residential street on July 1, 2013.

Tyler Holder, 18, received a life sentence in a plea agreement made Thursday with the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office.

"Because Holder was 17 when he committed the offense of capital murder, prosecutors were left without a sentencing option for a capital murder conviction," read a statement from the District Attorney's Office. "Rather than navigate unchartered waters, which would delay justice, it was decided to proceed on the murder charge."

The teen also received a 40-year sentence in the shooting of an Arlington police officer and 20 years on an arson charge.

As part of the plea deal, Holder agreed to serve the sentences consecutively.

"This means Holder will have to finish serving his time or be granted parole on the murder and arson charge before he begins serving his time on the attempted capital murder charge," read the statement from the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office.

A medical examiner ruled Gallagher was sexually assaulted. Authorities said Holder then taped a plastic bag over the young girl's head and suffocated her.

Several weeks after the murder as police continued their investigation, a car parked outside the Gallagher family home was set on fire. A memorial for the young girl was also set ablaze.

Authorities eventually linked Holder to the crimes through DNA taken from the murder crime scene.

On July 23, 2013, officers served a warrant at Holder's home. Det. Charles Lodatto was shot in the groin by Holder before officers returned fire, hitting the teen. Both Lodatto and Holder survived.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:46 am

If anyone deserves the DP, it's HIM!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8