Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kayla Chadwick

5 posters

Go down

Kayla Chadwick Empty Kayla Chadwick Missing Person Case

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Colorado teen reportedly missing after argument with boyfriend
Police in Fort Morgan, Colorado are asking for the public’s help in the search for a 17-year-old girl who has been missing for two weeks.
According to the Fort Morgan Times, Kayla Chadwick was last seen on County Road R.7 around 11 pm on March 27 after an argument with her boyfriend. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children currently lists her as an “endangered runaway,” but authorities have not ruled out the possibility that she was taken against her will.
KUSA reported that Chadwick was wearing a plaid shirt over a black spaghetti strap shirt, blue jeans and black shoes when she disappeared. She is described as approximately 5’5” and 135 lbs with red hair and brown eyes.
In a comment posted on the “Bring Kayla Chadwick home” Facebook page, Morgan County Sheriff Jim Crone urged anyone with information to come forward and contact police.
“If you know something dammit, tell someone!!!” he wrote. “If her disappearance is involuntary, every hour she remains gone could threaten her life or hinder a discovery to punish those involved! If you know something, STEP UP AND DO THE RIGHT THING, NOW!”
Crone said the case does not currently meet the criteria for issuing an Amber Alert. He asked anyone with information regarding Kayla Chadwick’s whereabouts to contact the Fort Morgan Police Department at (970) 867-5678.
Kayla Chadwick Kaylachadwick.5.-.qp1
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by raine1953 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Kayla Chadwick Empty Re: Kayla Chadwick

Post by Guest Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks for posting this raine. Has the boyfriend's name been reported? Is he missing or accounted for?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Where is Kayla Chadwick? Fort Morgan Teen Missing

April 07, 2012 04:05 AM EDT

Seventeen year old Kayla Chadwick has been missing from the Fort Morgan, Colorado area since March 27th of this year. Detectives are seeking help in locating the missing girl, but it doesn't appear that any tips are leading them in positive directions. Where could this young woman be? Is she missing on her own free will or was she abducted like so many other young girls?

Kayla Chadwick was last seen around a rural stretch of County Road (R7) in Fort Morgan, Colorado. She reportedly had an argument with her boyfriend around the time and vanished soon after her last sighting. Since this region of her last sighting is so rural, it would be interesting to know if the young woman had been on foot or if this sighting is simply going by the words of her boyfriend or another witness.

It's also not reported whether or not Kayla has a history of running away, so it's hard to tell whether or not this young girl may be gone on her own will or if she is the victim of foul play or abduction.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:31 pm

lindamarie wrote:Thanks for posting this raine. Has the boyfriend's name been reported? Is he missing or accounted for?
I just heard part of JVM last night and she had this story on. I haven't heard anything about it but wish it would get more publicity now.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:37 pm

There isn't very much on a "google" search either.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm sorry, don't listen to me anyone! This was not the female that I heard about on JVM, it was Vilet Patricia Torrez and I just posted a new thread on her.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:14 pm

according to the FB page Nancy Grace will air about her. I cant stand the woman but atleast that gets her name out. Wish someone would name the BF.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:17 pm

I wonder if NG will NOW be talking about the latest on that Zimmerman idiot.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:37 pm

She spent at least a week talking about him before so I would bet she airs the Zimmerman subject again before a missing person! MOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Yup, it's Zimmerman. Once again ratings win out over missing children or adults. It makes me sick when I hear people call in and tell NG how much 'she' does for the missing. MOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:06 pm

I agree I agree I agree
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:06 pm

There was no doubt in my mind she would change it up and go Live re: Zimmerman. Dollar Signs Dollar Signs Dollar Signs Dollar Signs BS
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Authorities offer reward to help find missing girl

2:38 PM, Apr 12, 2012

FORT MORGAN - Police already asked for help from the public to find a 17-year-old girl who was reported missing on March 28 after a fight with her boyfriend.

Now, they are offering a $500 reward for information on the case offered through Crime Stoppers.

Fort Morgan Police say Kayla Chadwick was last seen in the 19500 block of County Road R.7 the evening of March 27. They say she has not been seen or heard from since.

Officers say Kayla was last seen wearing a plaid shirt over a black lace spaghetti-strap shirt, blue jeans and black shoes. They say she is 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighs about 135 pounds, has red hair with black tips and brown eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call 970-867-5678.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:40 pm

Reward triples in case of missing teen Kayla Chadwick
Local business, Kansas man add $500 each

By JOHN LA PORTE Times Editor
Posted: 04/20/2012 09:10:18 AM MDT
Updated: 04/20/2012 09:14:32 AM MDT

Kayla Chadwick has been missing since March 28. Police are now offering a reward for information leading to finding the Fort Morgan teen.

The reward for information leading to the finding of a missing Fort Morgan teenager, Kayla Chadwick, has tripled.

Ron Greene, owner of local business Western Cleanup, has added $500 to the reward being offered by Crime Stoppers.

Rodney Wadell, a friend of Greene and a former local resident who now lives in Garden City, Kan. has also offered $500.

Those donations bring the total to $1,500 for information leading to the whereabouts of Kayla Chadwick.

And Greene challenges other businesses to contribute to the reward fund.

"Ever since it happened it's been bothering me," Greene said. "When things like this happen, the community needs to get behind it."

Fort Morgan Chief of Police Keith Kuretich asked that any

Friends of Kayla Chadwick light up Fort Morgan City Park Tuesday evening in honor of the girl who has been missing for about three weeks now.

Any businesses wishing to contribute to the reward fund or anyone who has information on the case please contact the police department at 867-5678.

Those wishing to leave anonymous tips can call or e mail Crime Stoppers (542-3411, www/cityoffortmogan.com, Crime Stoppers tab on home page).

Chadwick was last seen in the 19500 block of County Road R.7, following an argument with her boyfriend. She was apparently walking home from there and has not been seen or heard from since. The boyfriend has been interviewed and is cooperating with the investigation, police said.

She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a plaid blue and white shirt covering a black lace spaghetti strap shirt, and black shoes.

She is 5-foot-5, 135 pounds and has brown eyes and red hair with black tips.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:50 pm

While looking through the facebook page and news reports i found a girl Savannah Odekirk 17 who went missing from the same town in 2010. I cant find out if she was ever found but the cases are very similar.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Police still seek missing local teen
Fort Morgan Times staff
Posted: 05/12/2012 11:34:50 AM MDT

Fort Morgan Police are still looking for a 17-year-old Fort Morgan girl who has not been heard from by family since March.

Family members told police that they last spoke with Kayla Chadwick on March 27 and that she was reported missing from the area of the 19500 block of County Road R.7 (E. Eighth Avenue) in the late evening hours.

She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a plaid shirt covering a black lace spaghetti strap shirt, and black shoes. She is described as 5 feet, 5 inches tall and weighing 135 pounds, having red hair with black tips and brown eyes.

Family members and friends are planning a search of the area Saturday, May 19, starting at 9 a .m. at Jensen Onion at E. Riverview Avenue and Barlow Road.

They are seeking people to search on foot, horseback and by all-terrain vehicle.

Several searches, one involving more than 100 people and a helicopter, have failed to turn up any substantial information.

Authorities continue to receive about 10 tips a week, which are being followed up locally or with the assistance of other law enforcement agencies.

Anyone with any information on the whereabouts of Chadwick is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 970-542-3411 or the police department at 970-867-5678. People can also report anonymously by going to cityoffortmorgan.com and selecting the "Crime Stoppers" tab on the left side of the home page.

There is a reward of $7,500 donated by community members and police.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon May 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Male body found near Hudson; Kayla Chadwick still missing

A body found near Hudson Wednesday is not missing Fort Morgan teen Kayla Chadwick, Morgan County Sheriff Jim Crone has reported.
The body wrapped in a tarp was found in Weld County near Interstate 76 Wednesday morning.

The body is believed to be that of a white man, about 30 to 40 years old.

Detectives began a homicide investigation at the scene, which is close to westbound I-76 and state Hwy. 52, the Hudson exit.

Employees of the Farmers Reservoir and Irrigation Co. found the body Wednesday. Weld County Sheriff's Office spokesman Tim Schwartz says a couple of irrigation service workers found the body near a ditch.

An autopsy is scheduled to determine the identity and cause of death of the man.

Authorities say they hope the autopsy slated for today will help their investigation.

Sheriff's deputies say the person didn't have identification.

The body was wrapped in a blue tarp and had no obvious signs of injuries.

Meanwhile, the search for Chadwick continues.

Members of Chadwick's family told police that they last spoke with her on March 27 and that she was reported missing from the area of the 19500 block of County Road R.7 (E. Eighth Avenue) in the late evening hours.

She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a plaid shirt covering a black lace spaghetti strap shirt, and black shoes. She is described as 5 feet, 5 inches tall and weighing 135 pounds, having red hair with black tips and brown eyes.

Several searches, one involving more than 100 people and a helicopter, have failed to turn up any substantial information.

Authorities continue to receive about 10 tips a week, which are being followed up locally or with the assistance of other law enforcement agencies.

Anyone with any information on the whereabouts of Chadwick is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 970-542-3411 or the police department at 970-867-5678. People can also report anonymously by going to cityoffortmorgan.com and selecting the "Crime Stoppers" tab on the left side of the home page.

There is a reward of $7,500 donated by community members and police.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Kayla Chadwick Empty Police still looking for missing Fort Morgan teen Kayla Chadwick

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Fort Morgan Times staff
Posted: 06/28/2012 01:38:46 PM MDT

Fort Morgan police investigators are still following leads in the case of a teenage girl, who went missing from the Fort Morgan area after being last seen in the area of the 19500 block of County Road R.7 (East 8th Avenue) in the late evening hours of March 27.

And family and friends of Kayla Chadwick plan a search and fundraiser Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Jensen Onion at Barlow Road and E. Riverview Avenue.

Searchers said they need people on horseback, riding all-terrain vehicles and on foot to help in the search, the latest in several attempts to find leads on Kayla. Bottled water is also needed.

Several activities (such as a bounce house, vendor booths and face painting) and refreshments are planned at the search and fundraiser.

Fort Morgan Police Chief Keith Kuretich wants the community to know that law enforcement is very much involved in continuing to follow up and making progress in piecing together evidence to figure out what happened to Kayla.

The 17-year-old girl was last seen after having an argument with her boyfriend. She was wearing blue jeans, a plaid shirt covering a black lace spaghetti strap shirt, and black shoes. She is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing 135 pounds, having red hair with black tips and brown eyes.

Police are uncertain what happened to Kayla and continue to follow leads and people of interest in the case.

"We all are hoping for some resolution and need to determine the truth in what has happened to her and are still asking for the public's help," Kuretich said.

The local Crime Stoppers telephone line is 970-542-3411, or call the police department at 970-867-5678. Those with tips can also report anonymously by going to cityoffortmorgan.com and selecting the "Crime Stoppers" tab on the left side of the home page.

Crime Stoppers and current and former area residents have contributed or pledged funds totaling $7,500 or more for information leading to Kayla's whereabouts.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:10 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:35 am

Seems to me the investigation has slowed so much in this case. I hope more is going on behind the scenes than there seems to be up front. I keep up with Bring Kayla Chadwick Home facebook page,where her mom and sister have both been banned. I think alot of the posts that caused the ban have been deleted. There is apparently another facebook site started by her family but it is accessed by invitation only? Why hasnt more info on the boyfriend been released? I personally dont think she ran away but alot seem to think so. JMO
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Why were Kayla's Mom and Sister banned from the Bring Kayla Home FB page?
I had forgotten all about this case, thanks for updating Wrap and Slys!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:50 pm

Raine I wish I could answer that. Something to do with donation money most of the posts about it were deleted nbefore I saw them. It caused enough drama several people left the site.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:08 pm

I think I actually found 4 facebook pages for Kayla when I checked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Missing girl's family, friends to observe 18th

Kayla Chadwick missing for months
Fort Morgan Times staff
Posted: 08/11/2012 09:05:14 AM MDT

Friends and family of Kayla Chadwick will celebrate the missing local girl's 18th birthday Sunday at Riverside Park.

The group will gather at 2 p.m. near the nature trails and will hold a balloon launch at 3 p.m.

There will be balloon launches in 17 states in Kayla's honor, said her mother, Robin Adams.

The gathering is to thank people who have helped search for the missing girl and helped support the family through the ordeal, Adams said.

Fort Morgan police investigators have said they are still following leads in the case of a teenage girl, who went missing from the Fort Morgan area after being last seen in the area of the 19500 block of County Road R.7 (East 8th Avenue) in the late evening hours of March 27.

The girl was last seen after having an argument with her boyfriend, who police said has been interviewed and cooperated with the investigation.

She was wearing blue jeans, a plaid shirt covering a black lace spaghetti strap shirt, and black shoes. She is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighing 135 pounds, having red hair with black tips and brown eyes.

Those with information that could lead to her whereabouts are asked to call the Fort Morgan Police Department at 867-5678 or Crime Stoppers at 542-3411. Those with tips can also report anonymously by going to cityoffortmorgan.com and selecting the "Crime Stoppers" tab on the left side of the home page.

Crime Stoppers and current and former area residents have contributed or pledged funds totaling $7,500 or more for information leading to Kayla's whereabouts.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:40 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Fort Morgan teen Kayla Chadwick remains missing.
Westminster case hits close to home
Fort Morgan Times staff
Posted: 10/18/2012 06:11:42 PM MDT

The recent case of a missing girl in Westminster hits close to home in Fort Morgan as local police continue to seek information on the case of Kayla Chadwick, who has been missing since late March 2012.

This remains an active investigation. Police hope the recent events in Westminster, including the discovery and identification of the body of Jessica Ridgway, 10, will renew awareness about the fact that Kayla remains missing, and perhaps additional information will emerge.

Fort Morgan police continue to seek assistance from the community with any information about Kayla.

Investigators have followed up on numerous leads across the state and even out of state. Police remain hopeful she will be reunited with her family.

Since she went missing, Kayla had a birthday and is now 18 years old. Family and friends gathered at Riverside Park to celebrate her birthday and launch balloons in her honor.

Kayla was last seen In Fort Morgan the evening of March 27, and is described as being 5 feet, 5 inches tall and weighing approximately 135 pounds, with brown eyes and red hair. At the time of her disappearance she was wearing blue jeans, a plaid shirt covering a black top and black shoes.

In the nearly seven months since she went missing, several searches have been conducted around the Fort Morgan area where Kayla was last seen. Family, friends and volunteers searched on foot, on horseback, on all-terrain vehicles and by helicopter.

Police have completed numerous interviews and have investigated all tips they have received.

Fort Morgan Police have received assistance from several agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the Morgan County Sheriff's Department and other local law enforcement agencies.

In addition, Kayla's information has been entered in law enforcement databases and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Crime Stoppers and private citizens have contributed to a reward fund that totals $7,500 for information that leads to the return of Kayla. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact police immediately.

Information can also be given anonymously by calling Crime Stoppers at 542-3411. Tips can also be submitted online by visiting the City of Fort Morgan website at cityoffortmorgan.com and following the Crime Stoppers link on the left side of the home page.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Kayla Chadwick Empty Morgan County teen Kayla Chadwick missing one year

Post by raine1953 Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:26 pm

Anniversaries are typically a happy occasion, but on Wednesday, March 27, it is a different story for the family and friends of missing teenager Kayla Chadwick.
It marks the one year anniversary from the date that she went missing after an altercation with her boyfriend, Ivan Torralba.

Family and friends are joining together at City Park on Main Street in Fort Morgan at 6 p.m. on March 27 to have a balloon release and prayer for information leading to Chadwick.

Her mother, Robin Adams, is asking the community to come join, bring helium filled balloons to release and show support as they walk around Fort Morgan to put up new flyers and keep Kayla's face in the public.

If anyone is interested in helping contact Robin Adams at (970) 370-8281.

Torralba is facing charges of interfering with an investigation into Chadwick's disappearance and is due for a disposition hearing in Logan County District Court on Wednesday, March 20.

Eighteen-year-old Kayla Chadwick was last seen in March 2012 after an argument with Torralba. She is described as 5 feet, 4 inches tall, with long red hair with black tips.

A grand jury convened to investigate her disappearance, later finding there was probable cause to believe Torralba had interfered with the investigation by moving or hiding a gun used as evidence.

The grand jury indicted Torralba, and he was arrested Nov. 8, 2012.

The investigation into Chadwick's disappearance is ongoing. Anyone with any information related to the case is asked to call the Fort Morgan Police Department at (970) 867-5678
Kayla Chadwick 20130313__13STP1-3_200
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Kayla Chadwick Empty Fort Morgan teen Kayla Chadwick missing one year

Post by raine1953 Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:43 am

It was a year ago Wednesday that Fort Morgan teenager Kayla Chadwick disappeared.
Her mother, Robin Adams, and about a dozen family members and friends gathered at City Park Wednesday for a balloon launch and a candlelight vigil.

Fort Morgan Police Chief Keith Kuretich stopped by the vigil and spoke privately to Adams.

Bobbi Meng, who was close to Chadwick, opened the vigil with a prayer, noting that one year ago her daughter came home and told her, "Kayla's gone."

"We've been praying ever since," Meng said. "We won't stop hoping and praying and dreaming."

"She's always going to be near and dear to me," Meng added.

She prayed that God would reveal to family and friends "the answers that we so desperately need."

Chadwick vanished from the area of the Country Steak-Out, in the 20000 block of E.Eighth Avenue in Fort Morgan.

Police learned of Chadwick's disappearance about nine hours after she was last seen on March 27, 2012, at approximately 11 p.m.

She had been at her boyfriend's, where some type of argument took place and a gun was allegedly brandished.

She reportedly left the house in an unknown direction.

Fort Morgan Pplice and Morgan County sheriff's deputies began canvassing the area where she was last spotted and her home at 1201 E. Eighth Ave.

In the days and weeks that followed, police, family and hundreds of community volunteers searched an expanded area around Fort Morgan and Morgan County.

Officers talked to witnesses, checked area hospitals and viewed surveillance photos and video.

Many tips have been received and followed up over the past year, both locally and in other counties and states, but police still don't seem to be any closer to finding Kayla than they were a year ago.

What police do know is that since the time Kayla was last seen by her boyfriend, she has not used her cell phone or social media or made contact with any family members or known friends of hers.

"Some place significance on the date marking one year since Kayla disappeared," Kuretich said. "But the passing of time has not deterred the effort or commitment on the part of the Fort Morgan Police Department to provide answers to Kayla's family and the Fort Morgan community."

Fort Morgan Police have received help from the Morgan County Sheriff's Office, FBI, Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Wyoming State Crime Lab and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Police are still looking for any information on the whereabouts of Chadwick or any information regarding the gun that has still not been recovered.

The boyfriend, Ivan Torralba, was indicted by a grand jury for allegedly hindering the investigation by concealing the whereabouts of the gun. His case is pending in Logan County District Court.

Kayla is described as being 5' 5" tall, 150 pounds with red hair and brown eyes. At the time of her disappearance, Kayla had dyed her hair tips black. The missing gun is described as a stainless steel or chrome .357 Magnum, with a 4 to 6-inch barrel.

A reward of up to $7,500 is offered for any person who is able to provide information that leads to the recovery of Kayla Chadwick. Anyone with information is asked to call the Fort Morgan Police Department at 867-5678 or Morgan County Crime Stoppers at 542-3411, where tipsters will remain anonymous.
Kayla Chadwick 20130328__28ftp1-1_500
Robin Adams, second from left, launches balloons during a vigil Wednesday for her daughter, Kayla Chadwick, who has been missing for one year.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:30 am

They were discussing this on NewsChannel 13 Orlando. Also, the Ocasio case aired last night on DiscoveryID.......
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:06 pm

I saw half of it on Disappeared last night, fell asleep during the second half. But I have it on my DVR so I'll watch it tonight.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:24 pm

I haven't watched it yet.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Kayla Chadwick Empty Kayla Chadwick's remains ID'd more than a year after she went missing, Ivan Torralba in custody

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:42 am

By Michael Roberts Fri., Jul. 5 2013 at 6:51 AM

Kayla Chadwick Kayla.chadwick.205x205

As is clear from the agonizing story of Dylan Redwine, the pain felt by families of missing young people grows when questions are left unanswered. In Dylan's case, seven months passed between the thirteen year old's disappearance and the identification of his remains in southwestern Colorado last week. But the wait has been even longer for those who loved Kayla Chadwick, seventeen, last seen safe in March 2012. DNA has now confirmed her death, and while a person of interest is in custody, he has not yet been charged with murder.

That BF was Ivan Torralba, also a senior at Fort Morgan high; he's now nineteen. Kayla's family harbored suspicions about Torralba from the beginning. But the Facebook page kept the focus on Kayla, interspersing posts featuring missing posters....

Kayla Chadwick Kayla.chadwick.missing.photo

Kayla Chadwick Kayla.chadwick.2

Kayla Chadwick Kayla.chadwick.angel

Nonetheless, time passed without any sign of Kayla. Meanwhile, law enforcers in Fort Morgan kept digging for information -- and last November, Torralba was arrested.

The bust wasn't for Kayla's disappearance -- at least not directly. CBS4 reported at the time that a grand jury had been convened to explore the case, with Torralba among those called to testify. He was subsequently indicted, with charges against him including four perjury counts, plus destruction of evidence and attempting to influence a public servant. Here's the booking photo that resulted:

Kayla Chadwick Ivan.Torralba.mug.shot

Nonetheless, the mystery of Kayla's disappearance continued to linger.

Kayla Chadwick Kayla.chadwick.1
The Bring Kayla Chadwick Home page marked the one-year anniversary of the date she was reported missing with the following graphic:

Kayla Chadwick Kayla.chadwick.missing.one.year
In the months since then, posts have appeared regularly. Here's one from June 16:
Wondering when the Lord will see fit to allow the truth to come out and for Miss Kayla to be brought home safely. I know we do not get to understand the why's and the when, and that this lesson is not for who we might think it is for, but Dear Lord, this has been more Difficult for Kayla's family than it needs to be. I pray for you to show your mercy in all of this. It really is time to bring this child home to her family.... PLEASE!!!
Just over a week later, on June 22, Robin Adams, Kayla's mom, noted that "we will be going back to court for Ivan's perjury July 11th in Sterling Colorado at 1:30 p.m." But by that time, Torralba was already in more trouble with the law. On June 18, policereportedly executed a search warrant on the home he shares with his family and found marijuana, possession of which remains illegal for those under 21. The pot also violated the $75,000 bond on which he'd been released, leading to him being taken back into custody.

In addition, Torralba's mother, Lucila Torralba, was busted on accusations of perjury before the grand jury and attempting to influence a public servant. She's currently free on band, but Ivan is in stir thanks to a considerably higher bond than the previous one: $250,000.
Days later, on June 27, human remains were found on the 19500 block of Morgan County Road W, not far from the Fort Morgan Municipal Airport. Yesterday, confirmed that they've been positively identified as Kayla Chadwick. Our condolences to her friends, family and loved ones.
At this point, the cause of Kayla's death hasn't been determined. Hence, no homicide charges have been issued in the name of Ivan Torralba or anyone else.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2013/07/kayla_chadwick_remains_found_ivan_torralba.php?page=2
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:49 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:50 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:27 am

Wow, I didn't know they found her. That bf and his mother are real stand up people huh? Rhetorical. I sure hope that the ME or LE can find the evidence to charge that POS with her murder.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:34 pm

I didnt know she had been found either but figured it was just a matter of time. Hope they have enough for a conviction!
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Kayla Chadwick Empty Kayla Chadwick

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:33 am

Kayla Chadwick 20120412_041801_Kayla%20Chadwick%20-%20b_300

Kayla Chadwick 20130322_014322_Kayla%20Chadwick%20-%20a

Kayla Chadwick 1011933_273209266151776_317455546_n
Kayla Chadwick 555526_4299232798337_555467751_n
Kayla Chadwick Kayla-chadwick-from-flyer
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR