Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Goldman finally gets to take his son home!

+3
adelacruz
jeanne1807
Juanita
7 posters

Go down

David Goldman finally gets to take his son home! Empty David Goldman finally gets to take his son home!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:25 am

I'm sure many of you are aware of this story. I was SO delighted to see this boy MAY finally come home to his dad! We shall see though. I'm cautiously optimistic.

David Goldman's Story and fight to get his son back

TIME ELAPSED SINCE SEAN GOLDMAN'S KIDNAPPING:1811 Days 17 Hours 50 Minutes 34 Seconds

David and Sean Goldman

“Until you have a son of your own . . . you will never know the joy, the love beyond the feeling that resonates in the heart of a father as he looks upon his son. You will never know the sense of honor that makes a man want to be more than he is and to pass something good and hopeful into the hands of his son.”

David's Story

The following letter was sent from Brazil on September 20, 2008 by David Goldman to his local elected officials and to the media. David returned to the United States, once again, without Sean.

David married Bruna Bianchi Carneiro Ribeiro in Eatontown, New Jersey, USA, on December 17, 1999. We had a son, Sean Goldman, born in Red Bank, NJ on May 25, 2000. On June 16, 2004, I drove Bruna, Sean and Bruna's parents to Newark Airport for a planned 2-week vacation to her parent's home in Brazil. Bruna arrived in Brazil and called me that day to tell me our marriage was over, she and Sean were not returning to the US, and if I ever wanted contact with my son again, I would have to sign custody over to her. I have never signed any papers granting Bruna custody of our son, Sean.

Prior to Bruna's decision to permanently remove Sean from our home and my life (with the aid of her parents), without my consent, the three of us were living as a family in Tinton Falls, NJ USA. Prior to Sean's abduction, I was under the impression that our home-life was happy and typical of any American family's. Even since the date of Sean's abduction, Bruna made no allegations to the contrary, and this is documented in the court records in Brazil and the United States.

I have been fighting in the Brazilian courts under The Hague Treaty for 4+ years.
See the rest of the story at their website below.

http://bringseanhome.org/letter.html

Here is an update from today. Hope this boy will really get to finally come home to HIS DAD!

(CNN) -- A New Jersey man whose efforts to gain custody of his son in Brazil attracted international attention may have finally gotten his wish.
David Goldman has been fighting for custody of his son, Sean, since his mother took him to Brazil in 2004.

David Goldman has been fighting for custody of his son, Sean, since his mother took him to Brazil in 2004.

David Goldman's lawyer, Patricia Apy, said Monday night that a Brazilian federal court has ruled that Goldman's son should be returned to the United States.

Apy said she found out Monday afternoon about the court's decision, which calls for 8-year-old Sean Goldman to be turned over to the U.S. Consulate in Rio de Janeiro on Wednesday. Apy said David Goldman was traveling to Brazil and was expected to arrive in Rio de Janeiro early Tuesday morning.

Sean's mother, who was Brazilian, divorced Goldman, and in 2004 returned to Brazil with Sean. She died in 2008 while giving birth to another child. Sean was was being raised in Brazil by his stepfather.

See the rest of this story at the link below:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/06/01/new.jersey.brazil.custody/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

David Goldman finally gets to take his son home! Empty Re: David Goldman finally gets to take his son home!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:55 am

Thanks for posting this Tracy.. I cud almost cry when I was reading the link. We all have waited for this day for so long and now that it seems to be here, ( I wont hold my breath till he is with the U.S officials) I hate to say it but its like bittersweet. I cant imagine how that boy must feel. He has probably been told horrible stories, and I believe he may have half siblings too. How will the kids get through losing each other? Had his mom, her family, the brazilian govt and the new step dad done the right thing in the first place, this wud have never happened. I do agree that he needs to be with his bio dad, but he and the sibs may need alot of counselling. Hopefully he is a strong boy like his father and will come out of this one with roses !
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

David Goldman finally gets to take his son home! Empty Re: David Goldman finally gets to take his son home!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:37 am

Well, AJ, I am going to cry now too, AGAIN! This ruling was suspended and it can take weeks again OR MONTHS!

Brazil Halts Custody of Boy to US Dad

TRENTON, N.J. (June 2) - A Brazilian supreme court justice on Tuesday suspended a court order granting custody of a 9-year-old boy to his U.S. father, extending a multiyear battle that has reached the highest levels of both the Brazilian and U.S. governments.
The decision by Justice Marco Aurelio was in response to a request by a small Brazilian political party that filed the emergency request because it believes the boy should stay in Brazil, the supreme court said on its Web site.

(more at link below but I also put this paragraph below** here to make a comment on it. This progressive party says the boy should not be moved so abruptly because he has been here for 5 years. Well, he wouldn't have been, had the right thing be done in the first place. His dad has tried for FIVE YEARS to get him back. It's the court's that made it drag on and end up being FIVE YEARS! I am SO ANGRY! And sad too!

**The Progressive Party argued that the boy should not be returned to the United States in such an "abrupt manner." The party said he should stay in Brazil because he's been living here for five years and would be stripped of his current family environment of "happiness, love and comprehension," the supreme court statement said.

See entire story at link below:
http://news.aol.com/article/brazil-custody-battle/508079?icid=main|main|dl1|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fbrazil-custody-battle%2F508079

Last edited by Tracey276 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the ** in my comment paragraph)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:06 am

yes! finally justice is served. why didnt Bush Jr. do anything? cause he was a lame duck thats why! three cheers for Obama.
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:10 pm

Well Tracey, i hate to say it but Im not surprised, and I doubt you are either. Unfortunately, Hilary's "presence" is the reason there was a positive ruling the other day and now her "involvement" is required. This has to stop.
My opinion (humble as pie) lol is that I do feel a transition is required. Clearly, the stepdad is selfish, crazy, arrogant, and has entitlement issues to say the least. On the flipside, I think for this huge change in all parties involved life, there needs to be an adjustment period.
Here's how I think it should be done... I think on account that there are siblings, and a stepdad who is likely totally in "parent" love with this boy, (inspite of doing it al wrong from the beginning) need to come together. As we have seen how brutal the Brazilian govt has been throughout, I think it should be on U.S soil. With all the broken promises, breaches and stoppers that has been imposed on biodad for all these years, it would only be fair to put him in the driver seat. i doubt for one minute that he would pull any fast ones over sibs and step dad if they were all in the U.S. He is too upstanding and an allrouund great guy. Ethics, brains, morals, and relentless love and devotion to his son. I cant see that he wud even disagree to any transitional planning, as he wud likely agree that it may be in the sons best interest. I havent heard of any allegations of any type of abuse (of course, aside from trying to keep biodad away) so I believe he is "safe". I suspect once the U.S govt gets involved tghere will be a favorable decision for biodad that is not subject to appeal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:41 pm

I spent some time reading on David's website forums and found out a lot more information than I had even known before. To put it lightly and for the way of shortening what could be a novel, this man has literally been through hell. And I do disagree somewhat that the boy is "safe" there with the stepdad and family. He is absolutely being brainwashed and a victim of parental alienation. This young boy can barely speak English. How is this in ANY scenario, helpful to a child, whose BIOLOGICAL FATHER is AMERICAN?? (not yelling, making a point to the SD's family, lol)

I agree that David would agree to almost anything that was truly in the best interest of this child and just to have him back. However, I do NOT feel he should be the one making the concessions for this, the SD should be. If he were my child, I am absolutely positive, I would never have been able to retain such grace, calm and humility in this situation. I am sure of one thing. When this young boy grows up to be a man, he will be VERY PROUD of his father and how he has fought for him with such grace. God bless them ALL. I do feel so sad for the little sister too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:44 pm

If the child was taken from a blood relative illegally and unwillingly, then the child is NOT safe and never will be safe, and im not talking about abuse or not. He could be living in the best circumstances, but if hes kept from his father unwillingly and illegally, then that is morally wrong. definitely wrong.
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:39 am

Here is one of the notices I got. Please help keep interest alive in this case. this has gone on long enough. Go to the website below. think you will find a lot of this case SHOCKING and SAD! Imagine this was YOUR little boy or girl.

BringSeanHome.org
The International Campaign to return kidnapped
minor Sean Goldman to his father

VICTORY DELAYED

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dear Friends and Supporters of David Goldman,

As you may know Brazilian Federal Judge Rafael de Souza Pereira Pinto issued a ruling Monday the 1st ordering the return of Sean Goldman to the United States in 48 hours. It was an extraordinary ruling in every sense.

David left for Brazil Monday evening to be reunited with Sean and bring Sean home today, Wednesday June 3rd.

There has been a major and shocking development. The New York Times, reported that on Tuesday evening "...Marco Aurelio Mello, one of 11 (Brazilian) Supreme Court justices, suspended the sentence after receiving a request from Brazil's Progressive Party, which argued that ordering the child to be sent to the United States was unconstitutional. The Supreme Court must now take up the case, but it was unclear when that would happen." The Times also quoted Bernard Aronson, a former United States assistant secretary of state for Latin America who is advising David Goldman.

"Brazil needs to define itself as either a nation of laws or a nation that harbors and protects child abductors,..."

We still do not have all the facts surrounding this order, whether or not an uninvolved political party can even appeal a Federal judge's decision under Brazilian law. We are now told that the 11 member Supreme Court will vote on the appeal next Wednesday June 10th. If this appeal succeeds, basically rejecting Brazil's sovereign obligation under the Hague Convention, it endangers all of the 70 American children and countless more from other countries who have been abducted to and harbored in Brazil. As Mr. Aronson bluntly stated above, we too can only wonder if Brazil will allow this to happen and deny this father and son their fundamental right to be together.

We have no animosity towards Brazil and its nearly 200 million citizens. Today we have been receiving emails from hundreds and hundreds of Brazilians and Brazilian-Americans, this single one is representative of the very same sentiments expressed in all of them:

"Some group of Politicians got a new order from a Federal Judge changing the sentence about Sean come back to USA. I couldn't believe this happen. I am so disappointed and furious...and I ashamed to be Brazilian. I'm so sorry."

NBC's Today Show aired an update on the events of the last 48 hours on Wednesday, You can view the video at: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/#31080439

Check the Dateline NBC ScheduleDateline NBC which traveled to Brazil with David has tentatively announced that it will be airing a complete one hour report on the Goldman case on Sunday June 7th at 10:00 p.m. Eastern, 9:00 p.m. Central. For supporters in the Mountain and Pacific time zones please check your local listings for the channel and correct time. The situation in Brazil is FLUID, please check the FORUMS on the www.BringSeanHome.org website for any breaking news on the case.

There is an excellent synopsis of the events of the past three days on the Asbury Park Press website. The article Congressman: Father visited with son in Brazil was written by Bill Handelman.

Radio station NJ 101.5 (FM) is scheduled to air a taped interview with Congressman Chris Smith on Thursday the 4th. Unfortunately we do not know the time of interview will be aired. NJ 101.5 streams their broadcasts online: http://www.nj1015.com/

WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP!

Friends of David Goldman

* Judge in Brazil Stays Order for Boy's Return to U.S. The New York Times

Thank you,
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:47 am

What greater love than a parent has for his child. David has shown us how to keep on fighting with dignity, courage and hope. The mother was so wrong to take the child and never return him to the USA as promised.

I certainly hope this has a happy ending and father and son are united and can live in peace.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:09 am

I think out of love for this boy the move should be transitioned. Just like we plan on doing for Katie sometime in the future. It would be traumatic for this young man to be brought back to the united states in one swift movement. Yes I agree it was wrong what the Mother did and guess what Karma stepped in just like it always does when we do something immoral like that. But the most important thing is the welfare of this young man. I think long extended visits here in the united states is a good idea. I think the Brazilian government needs to pick up the tab for their lack of moral and ethical doings. This should not have happened and I hold their government and legal system partly responsible for this mess.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:07 pm

i was wondering what happened to them! so sad that they went back on their word and he has to wait. The boy should be brought back asap and can't belive this didn't happened when his mother died... ugh!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:53 am

Here is the article. I am adding your new article here. Thank you for posting this!! I have been meaning to and keep forgetting.

Thank goodness he is getting his son back after all these years! This man has really been through the ringer!

David Goldman finally gets to take his son home!
by adelacruz Today at 11:46

i've been looking for the previous threads about this case and can't find em
here's the newest in this case

Brazilian family says no appeal on return of son to N.J. father, David Goldman
By The Star-Ledger Continuous News Desk
December 23, 2009, 10:55AM
RIO DE JANEIRO — The Brazilian family who has held custody of a 9-year-old-boy said they will not appeal Tuesday's ruling by Brazil's chief justice that upheld a lower court's ruling that ordered the boy returned to his father, David Goldman, according to CBS News.

An attorney with the family told CBS News they are looking for a "peaceful transition" of the boy. The 9-year-old boy has lived in Brazil since Goldman's ex-wife took him to her native country in 2004. Last year she died in childbirth.

AP Photo/Silvia IzquierdoNew Jersey father David Goldman speaks with the Associated Press in Brazil on Sunday.
Since he arrived in Rio a week ago — the latest of more than 10 trips in recent years during his legal fight — Goldman has said that until he is on a plane with his son heading to the U.S., he will not be convinced his battle is over.

"We're hopeful that David and Sean will be reunited today," said U.S. Embassy spokeswoman Orna Blum, who is accompanying Goldman in Rio.

Goldman's lawyers were finalizing legal documents this morning and were fully expecting that the Brazilian family would turn over Sean as ordered, Blum said.

Full coverage of Monmouth County dad David Goldman's custody battle for son in Brazil

Goldman, of Tinton Falls, New Jersey, has been fighting to get Sean back from the boy's stepfather.

Both the U.S. and Brazilian governments have said the matter clearly fell under the Hague Convention, which seeks to ensure that custody decisions are made by the courts in the country where a child originally lived — in this case, the United States.

Goldman's New Jersey-based lawyer, Patricia Apy, said she believed the order by Supreme Court Chief Justice Gilmar Mendes required Sean to be handed over immediately.

U.S. Rep. Chris Smith, a Republican New Jersey congressman who traveled to Brazil to offer his support, said Goldman was pleased with the Supreme Court justice's decision.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/12/brazilian_family_said_they_wil.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:02 pm

let's just hope that he brazilian "family" keeps their word to not appeal it!
david is one of the greatest dads in the world BlowKisses
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:09 pm

well the battle will never be over unfortunately, im not sure this boy speaks fluent english. hes going to have to completely change his world now.
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:20 pm

he is young Juanita. he will learn english in no time. Plus he has his awsome dad and his loving family here
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Yeah for Dad's rights!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:01 pm

you got that right Charming. Nice to see a loving dad, that wants his son instead of another one of these murdering ba$tard fathers that keep killing their families. he is a lucky boy to have his dad.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:08 pm

I agree. He has fought this for years and finally won. He is a good person, his son will be fine and Daddy is easy on the eye. duct and run
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:17 pm

Wrapitup wrote:I agree. He has fought this for years and finally won. He is a good person, his son will be fine and Daddy is easy on the eye. duct and run
I agree :riding: wink
It is so nice to share good news like this. Helps bring out my Christmas spirit.
:Christmas:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:40 pm

I think I am with David. I will breath that sigh of relief when he is on the plane with his son and they are on their way home. So many twists and turns.

I wish them Gods Speed
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:08 pm

As LM said, it is so nice to have some good news with all the horrific things that keep happening!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:07 am

im totally thrilled, totally.

the grandmother can say all she wants about brazillian morals (which i have a really hard time believing), but the kid is half american. american morals are 50% and in america (and i believe much of mexico) the father is the boss. of course the children go to the mother first of course, but the mother is gone, and hes got a step dad????? no way. that kid belongs in the US. if the grandmother and other family want to be a part of the child's life, they should start coming over here for a change.
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:50 am

boy is he easy on the eyes! he's the type of guy that i would dream of! he is handsom, was a great husband and is an even better father! any other guy would've stoped fighting for his son!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

David Goldman finally gets to take his son home! Empty Brazilian family wants to bring Sean Goldman back from US

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:35 pm

The Goldmans: Father and Son Reunited Play Video ABC News – The Goldmans: Father and Son Reunited

* N.J. father wins custody battle in Brazil Slideshow:N.J. father wins custody battle in Brazil
* Emotional Impact Play Video Video:Emotional Impact FOX News
* Transitioning After a Custody Dispute Play Video Video:Transitioning After a Custody Dispute ABC News

Sean Goldman arrives at the U.S. consulate with his Brazilian stepfather Joao Paulo Lins e Silva in Rio de Janeiro Reuters – Sean Goldman arrives at the U.S. consulate with his Brazilian stepfather Joao Paulo Lins e Silva in Rio …
By TALES AZZONI, Associated Press Writer Tales Azzoni, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 23 mins ago

SAO PAULO – The Brazilian family of a 9-year-old boy returned by court order to his U.S. father said Tuesday it will fight to regain custody.

Lawyers for the relatives of Sean Goldman said they will push forward with a request from his Brazilian grandmother to allow the boy to make his own wishes known in court.

The request was initially denied, but the Supreme Court has not issued a final ruling on that matter. The court does not convene until February.

Last week, a Supreme Court judge ordered Sean returned to his father, David Goldman, of Tinton Falls, New Jersey. The two have since returned to the United States.

Just before delivering Sean to his dad last week, the Brazilian relatives said they would end a legal battle to keep the boy in Brazil. On Tuesday, however, their attorneys said the family was only obeying the judge's order, not stopping its legal fight.

"Sean's early delivery does not end the legal process," the lawyers said in a statement. "The legal process in Brazil is not over."

The lawyers said that if the Supreme Court rules in favor of the grandmother, Silvana Bianchi, the decision will be relayed to American authorities so the boy can be heard.

Goldman's lawyer in Brazil, Ricardo Zamariola Jr., did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.

Bianchi has always maintained that Sean wanted to stay in Brazil.

Goldman said in an interview aired Monday on NBC's "Today" show that the boy was happy in the U.S., but hadn't yet called him "Dad."

Just three days before Christmas and following a five-year custody battle, Supreme Court Chief Justice Gilmar Mendes lifted a stay on a federal court's ruling ordering Brazilian relatives to hand over the boy. Sean was reunited with his father on Christmas Eve and returned to the United States the same day.

Sean had lived in Brazil since 2004, when Goldman's ex-wife, Bruna Bianchi, brought him to her native country for what was supposed to be a two-week vacation. She stayed, divorced Goldman and remarried, and Goldman, now 42, began legal efforts to get Sean back.

After Bianchi died last year in childbirth, her Brazilian husband, Joao Paulo Lins e Silva, a prominent divorce attorney in Rio de Janeiro, won temporary custody. Despite numerous court findings in favor of Goldman, Lins e Silva was able numerous times to delay relinquishing custody.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/lt_brazil_us_custody_battle

Please click on the above link to see the video of David and Sean being reunited.

This really pisses me off..are they not thinking of Sean? Let David (and YES - he is Extremely easy on the eye) have his son and they be happy!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:45 pm

Bet the Dad is terrified of the boy returning to Brazil even for a visit.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down