Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrea Lyon on the Today show - likens Anthony case to the Salem Witch Trials!

+5
Lilone
TerryRose
laga
cherylz
artgal16
9 posters

Go down

Andrea Lyon on the Today show - likens Anthony case to the Salem Witch Trials! Empty Andrea Lyon on the Today show - likens Anthony case to the Salem Witch Trials!

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the link. She was supposed to be talking about her new book, but instead spent most of the time talking about Casey Anthony. Lyons stated "she didnt kill her "kid" " She couldnt even say Caylee's name. Look at her face, she doesnt even believe it while she is saying it! I think the defense is in a LOT of trouble.
Lyons says shes afraid for her client. She has a right to be, with this half-hearted defense of Casey which is so apparent in this video, she has no chance to convince a jury.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Andrea Lyon on the Today show - likens Anthony case to the Salem Witch Trials! Empty Re: Andrea Lyon on the Today show - likens Anthony case to the Salem Witch Trials!

Post by cherylz Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:55 am

Thanks for the link Artgal. Afraid to watch it. How unbelievable..."the kid'...what is she afraid if she calls her by name, she may have to give up her post as DA for this case, b/c maybe she has a conscious? I could never be a DA. :mad:
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Andrea Lyon on the Today show - likens Anthony case to the Salem Witch Trials! Empty Re: Andrea Lyon on the Today show - likens Anthony case to the Salem Witch Trials!

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:19 am

Here is something else interesting I picked up.
The fraud charges if she is convicted or makes a plea deal has jail time (which she has already served)
but also a monetary fine - of $5000.00 per charge.
She has 9 charges which is $45,000.00! I dont think she will get such a large fine, but no matter if its just
$5000.00 any money that goes into her jail house account for goodies and treats will be taken right out again! No more treats for Casey! Unless of course,
Baez or her parents pay the fines. Now that would be really interesting, to see just how much money is floating around in this case and from whom?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:30 am

Someone explain to me exactly how that works....she is in jail, not having been convicted YET of anything, right? So the time she is serving will go as a credit against whatever sentence she gets? What if a person is found innocent (not possible in this case), do they get compensated in some manner for the time they served? If not, and I don't think they should unless fraud against them by LE proven, then I don't think their time served if found guilty should count toward their sentence. If the jury's verdict is guilty and the sentence is 10 years, then the ten years should begin at that point. The fact that one is not able to be out on bond before trial and therefore kept in jail should not be a positive. The guy who is granted bail until trial does not get that time subtracted from his sentence when found guilty.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:41 am

I think it only counts when you are in jail as "time served" but what you posted makes absolute sense.
They just dont do it that way. If someones sentence was 18 months and they served two years awaiting trial for another case as they didnt have bond - they would be credited for the sentence of 18 months.
At least I think that is correct.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:36 pm

Bill Sheaffer being interviewed by Kathi Belich on wftv.com
calls Lyons a whiner! I agree!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Thanks, artgal16 and good points, laga.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:13 pm

Andrea Lyon disgusts me. It isn't her opinion of the death penalty that bothers me. It's her method of using threats, humiliation and name-calling. Can you believe that she stated in a speech to lawyers that most women prosecutors have str**-ons at home? Where in the hell did that come from? She has a filthy mouth and has no room in her world for anyone's opinion but her own.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:52 pm

Yes Lilone, I agree about Lyons - I cannot stand the woman. Does anyone know - is she married?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:01 pm

I don't think she was ever married, but she has a daughter. She seems to hate men... but I could be wrong about that because she seems to hate women too.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Lyon is a "hata'.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:50 pm

Seems she hates everyone but Casey.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:54 pm

boy I wish I knew what those words meant! I must be old. str--ons and hata? Please don't tell me though, I don't have to know.

Last edited by TerryRose on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:15 pm

Oh, sweet woman TR, you are toooo much!

Hata is hater
I won't tell you the other one. affraid
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks, Charm.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:44 pm

I wondered about those too TerryRose, but didn't know who to ask nor if I really wanted to know.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Ok, let me try to explain... :scratch:
:study:

You may not really want to know, but... affraid

A woman wears a str**-on because she doesn't have a real one. Shocked 2 The way you wear it is to strap it on. I hope this helps. :oops:
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:36 pm

Hata = Slang variant of hater, used by those with heavy accents.
Don't be a hata
I think when the gangstas (:lol!:) call people hata's it means a person that hates you because they want to be you or are jealous of you.

BTW, I'm not a gangsta
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks for the explanation of Hata. I must be thick, Laga, but I still don't know what the other word means, something she doesn't have? Is it a male type of thing? Maybe I should not even post, since I fear I will lead others into a naughty discussion. Thanks all for trying to explain it to me and thanks Laga for making me feel like I am not the only one in the world that doesn't know these things.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:08 am

:study: man I'm so happy I showed up for class today! :scratch: faint
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down