Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links

+3
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
Juanita
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links Empty Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links

Post by Admin Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:50 am

Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links Leah10

Here are a few links to Leah's Case

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Legal Documents (Click on to see documents)

Last edited by lindamarie on Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing broken links)
Anonymous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links Empty Re: Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:11 pm

This is so wonderful having all of this information in one place!! I've read and re-read all of it, but this makes it so easy to be able to look through and take notes. I am trying to look at the case thru new and fresh eyes and see if anything pops out that may have been overlooked. It's pretty cool being able to do this with my own baby girl too. ❤
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links Empty Re: Leah Freeman ... Information, Documents & Links

Post by Juanita Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:49 pm

has this story been featured on America's most wanted yet? do you want it to be Cory?
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi Juanita,
I sent them information last year but they never did get in touch with me. I also sent the story to 48 Hours and 48 Hours Hard Evidence. I did hear back from them and at first they seemed interested but then nothing. It has been frustrating for all concerned. I recently sent in another request to Nancy Grace as well. If you have a way to get this put out there....please try it all again. The more of us who send it...the better. I actually even sent it to Oprah. Her people e-mailed me of some interest but then I never heard another word. :x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:03 pm

i propose everyone on VH who wants to, become very informed about this case and then start writing letters to all these places as members of VH. power of the masses.

i am willing to help you.
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:13 pm

I'm in!! I have a list of addresses to shows that I sent to. I will find them and post them all here in one place. I have to leave for a while, but I will get it done this evening or tomorrow morning at the latest. We can do this!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:15 pm

treaves Today at 4:57 pm

Hi Juanita,
I sent them information last year but they never did get in touch with me. I also sent the story to 48 Hours and 48 Hours Hard Evidence. I did hear back from them and at first they seemed interested but then nothing. It has been frustrating for all concerned. I recently sent in another request to Nancy Grace as well. If you have a way to get this put out there....please try it all again. The more of us who send it...the better. I actually even sent it to Oprah. Her people e-mailed me of some interest but then I never heard another word.

What, MOTHER, you recently contacted the Nancy Grace show? I never knew this! I knew once I got you on here, you would be just as hooked and contribute as much as me!! I love you Mommy ❤

treaves Today at 5:13 pm

I'm in!! I have a list of addresses to shows that I sent to. I will find them and post them all here in one place. I have to leave for a while, but I will get it done this evening or tomorrow morning at the latest. We can do this!!!

I am ALL 100% in and I think that we should plan a weekend where I can come down there and we(you, me, Cory and who ever else) to try and organize this as well as we can!!! :cheers:

Now back to my Lasagna, Not sure I can blog and cook at the same time... Trying really hard though!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:34 pm

Anything we can do to help get the word out to shows like 48 hours or 20/20. Not sure about NG though, but that is just me.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Let's get through Caylee's thing this week & we'll work on something ALL together. Things seem to happen when you have numbers :-) I bet a lot of members here will help as well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:38 pm

sounds good, im in :bounce:
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:53 pm

Juanita wrote:sounds good, im in :bounce:
I might have to leave you behind Juanita, you scare the do-do out of me with all thise face changes today! LMAO

Let's see, I've see Palin (I think), Trump (eewww, lol) bubblegum face & now Mrs. Pres! You are totally freaking me out. I have't slept (yet) but I'm heading that way now. Have a great night.

Love & Hugs To All of you.

~FystyAngel~
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:21 pm

Wrapitup Today at 6:34 pm

Anything we can do to help get the word out to shows like 48 hours or 20/20. Not sure about NG though, but that is just me.
Aww, come on Wrap... You know how I feel about NG and even I am all in.. LOL, LMAO!!!! Love you girl! :P :lol!:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:33 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:

Aww, come on Wrap... You know how I feel about NG and even I am all in.. LOL, LMAO!!!! Love you girl! :P :lol!:

Yeah...she is not a very nice girl. :evil:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:26 pm

treaves wrote:
mommyof3kids wrote:

Yeah...she is not a very nice girl. :evil:
Treaves, I KNOW you meant NG cause I am a very nice girl but my tolerance limit on NG is about the size of an ameba. :x I would be shocked if she would do Leah or Cory an justice. Now, JVM is one to consider.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:37 am

LOL...yes, wrap i did mean ng not you! :oops:

Not to sound dumb or anything...but who or what is JVM?
Thank you sweetie.
BTW...I posted some links on the other thread that probably go in this thread. Sorry. :(
Shall I copy and paste them and move it here?

Have a great Sunday y'all.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:44 am

treaves wrote:LOL...yes, wrap i did mean ng not you! :oops:

Thank you sweetie.
BTW...I posted some links on the other thread that probably go in this thread. Sorry. :(

It stands for Jane Valez-Mitchell treaves. Her show is on right before Nancy Grace's.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:13 pm

Mom, Are you going all Country on me?? LOL.JK!

It stands for Jane Valez-Mitchell treaves. Her show is on right before Nancy Grace's.

Yes and she is GREAT to watch. I always miss the daily discussion on here with everyone because I am still at work when she first airs. But record her everyday. The only reason I watch NG too is becuase she get's a lot more interviews for some reason and sometimes get's different "Bombshell's" then JVM.

As for contacting either of them, I say we try AMW or A&E to get them to run a segmant and then contact JVM and even Operah to promote the show when it airs!

Just an idea though. :?:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:28 pm

I watch NG cause she is so out there ridiculous!!

Might also want to try NBC's "Dateline."
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:30 pm

treaves wrote:LOL...yes, wrap i did mean ng not you! :oops:

Thank you sweetie.

Treaves, It's fine for now. Just happy you posted the links. We can move them later. It's Sunday, relax!! :flower:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:34 am

Hi all! I'm Cory's friend from Chicago who wrote the docs on Websleuths. You can feel free to use the docs and my name as I have no problem with this and nothing to hide (right!!??). Anything to help further the case!! That is why I wrote the docs, to help Cory. So use as you will. I'd be interested to see what you do! :)

Last edited by hollmars on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:36 am

Factual information obtained from police reports and search warrants. All other is my opinion only.

Leah Freeman was 15 years old when she was murdered June 28, 2000. For five weeks they searched for Leah. Her body was located August 3, 2000. This small town of 4,000 rarely saw a murder, let alone a missing girl and murder mystery. I would have to think hard to even recall a murder the 20 years I lived there. The police department simply wasn't used to dealing with this type of crime. I didn't know Leah, I knew of her family and went to school with some of them, including her half sister. She was barely starting school when I moved away. But this case has bothered me from the beginning. Why can't they solve it? Why isn't there any justice for this girl?

From the beginning LE focused in on one person, her boyfriend. He gave conflicting statements, he had the opportunity to commit a crime, and he failed a polygraph. However even with an offer of immunity to his best friend (who partially failed his polygraph and retained counsel), they were not able to make a case. Or so it seems. Leah's mother Cory hasn't even been told the COD, just that it was “homicidal violence”. Her death certificate says "pending investigation". Very little has been released to the family. The only clues to the case can be found in the few documents they did release. From their website:

The Coos County District Attorney's office has released all documents not sealed in the Leah Freeman murder investigation.* Most of these documents consist of affidavits for search warrants, search warrants and the results of search warrants.* Those not familiar with legal documents should not confuse these affidavits with actual police reports and other similar documents.* There are undoubtedly numerous affidavits, reports and documents remaining in the Leah Freeman case that are currently sealed.

The City of Coquille Police Department declined to release any documents pertaining to the Leah Freeman case.* The fact that CPD did not release any documents is an indication that the case is still being actively investigated and CPD does not want to compromise any portion of that investigation.
Seven years ago the family retained the services of a private investigator.* The findings of the private investigation were independent of any law enforcement investigation into the matter.

Since the private investigator's report does contain information which is not contained in any of the documents released thus far by the District Attorney's office, it has been decided not to publish the report on this website.* It could be counter productive to publish information on this website which could compromise or hinder any on-going investigation being conducted by law enforcement personnel.

This is what Leah's family has received so far:

The community has been divided over Leah. Many people feel LE did a horrible job and botched the investigation, thus they have nothing to go on and have to wait for someone to confess. Others feel supportive of LE and think they are still doing the best they can and working on the case. A new Chief of Police has given Leah's mother some hope, since the relationship between Cory and the previous Chief wasn't productive. Also many are supportive of the boyfriend and his family, they are a “nice” family and he would never do anything like this. We all know “nice” people do bad things all the time.

According to this blog, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , a cold case investigator was interested but turned away by the DA. Granted his interest came when he was trying to become the new police chief, and all he saw were very limited documents (probably just what I have posted already), but all fresh eyes are good eyes, in my opinion. Here is a link to the post and others about Leah:

Cold case investigator gets a cold shoulder
July 9th, 2008 · 20 Comments
Readers of this blog may know that an applicant for the position of new police chief took an interest in the Leah Freeman case. After reviewing the only case files available to the public the seasoned investigator came to these cursory conclusions…

Personally I have always felt the boyfriend was involved at the minimum. More than likely he killed her and disposed of her body to try and cover it up, possibly as an abduction. There is way too much pointing in that direction and very little pointing away. This town just didn't have random strangers roaming though killing girls and dumping bodies in rural ravines.

Any thoughts you have are appreciated. I don't believe this case is unsolvable, but it is becoming more and more likely that until the DA will let go and someone re-investigates, Leah's murder will not be prosecuted.

Prepared by Holly Marshall, 2008

Last edited by hollmars on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:42 am

Timeline of Leah Freeman disappearance/murder, all times are approximate. Factual information taken from documents available on leahfreeman.com, including search warrants and their results. Any information not factual in nature is my opinion only:

LF-victim Leah Freeman, she was wearing a white “wifebeater” t-shirt, jeans, Nike shoes
CC-victim's mother
NM-victim's boyfriend
BB-boyfriend's best friend
SM-victim's friend
DF-victim's sister
TM-local resident who finds evidence
SN-high school teacher

Afternoon hours of 6/28/00-
NM and LF spent time at LF's home located at 1173 Knott Street, Coquille, OR 97423 cleaning NM's car. Car is a '67 blue Mustang
LF/NM leave to pick up BB, then to NM's home at 56246 Baker Road for videos
They travel to BB's grandparents home at 2008 North Fir to watch the videos
NM/BB leave to pick up food, they come back and they eat (in one affidavit it seems BB's girlfriend was also at the home)

7pm-
NM takes LF to SM's home 444 ½ Elm Street

7-9pm-
3 male friends report meeting with NM and smoking marijuana at Johnson Mill Pond. He was driving the blue Mustang. (Note: Later in the evening they saw him again driving a maroon Thunderbird.)

9pm-
LF wants to go jogging with SM, SM's mother denies request and there is a shouting match between mother/daughter
LF leaves SM's home alone on foot, assumption is she is walking back to her home on Knott Street
NM shows up at SM's to pick her up and learns LF has left. He drives up Central to Knott and back again looking for LF, continues to drive around looking for her.

9:05-9:15pm-
LF seen by a witness passing McKay's Market on Central
LF seen by 2 witnesses passing Hunter's Restaurant on Central, north of McKay's
LF seen by witness passing Oregon Federal Credit Union, north of Hunter's

9:15-9:30pm-
NM shows up at Denny's Pizza to ask DF if she has seen LF

9:45-10pm-

2 witnesses see NM at Fast Mart on Central in maroon Thunderbird

10:15pm-
NM goes back to SM's and they call LF's home, she is not there

10:30pm-

NM stopped by LE (local PD) in blue Mustang

11:00pm-
NM picks up BB and they drive around looking for LF, drops BB off around 2:30am

11:00-11:30pm

NM shows up at Denny's Pizza again, talks with DF, says something about having “someone” in the car and having to go. (Note: NM did not mention this stop at Denny's to the police, DF did)

11:30pm-
TM finds Nike shoe off Elm Street and picks it up thinking it might belong to one of his children or other neighborhood children (Note: this is different section of Elm, close to BB's grandparents on the other side of town)

early morning hours of 6/29-
NM stopped by LE (local PD) in blue Mustang

2:30am-
NM goes to LF's home, sees a light in her room and attempts to contact her through the window. No response so he goes home

Morning of 6/29-

CC contacts NM, says LF hasn't come home and they go looking for her along Central

6/29-
LE (local PD) goes to BB's grandparent's home, no one is there. On the deck they see a white men's sleeveless t-shirt as well as beer cans. They do not collect the shirt.
LE realizes later LF was wearing a men's t-shirt (“wifebeater”) and return to BB's grandparent's home. The deck area has been cleaned and the shirt is gone.
NM provides LE with a picture of LF taken on 6/28
SN interviewed, indicates there appeared to be abuse in NM/LF's relationship, on occasion LF would hit NM and he would strike back, NM has a “flash temper”.

7/3-
TM comes to LE (local PD) with the shoe, realizing it might be connected to LF's disappearance

7/4-
LE (Sheriff's Department) finds another Nike shoe in rural area known as Hudson Ridge, near Fairview

7/5-
NM fails polygraph

7/6-
Search warrant executed on blue Mustang.
Items seized were vacuum sweepings and duct tape end, ¾ inch piece. One roll of film and a partial roll of photos were also taken by the crime lab.

7/20-
Grand Jury convened, 14 witnesses testify

7/27-
BB partially fails polygraph, immunity offered by DA's office

7/28-
Search warrant executed on NM's home and his person.
Items seized included mouth swabs, head/pubic hair, 1 roll 35 MM film, red Thunderbird (belongs to his parents), white sock w/ stain, 9 rolls of exposed film, purple women's sweatshirt, 1 package of photos dated 7/1/00, documents/notes/letters, pipes, bongs, marijuana, film canister w/ white powder, miscellaneous drug paraphernalia, marijuana seeds, broken light bulb, modified smoking device, high school annual (yearbook). Tested but not taken, Easton and Louisville Slugger baseball bats.

7/29-

Search warrant executed at BB's grandparent's. Items seized included sheepskin with stain and red/white quilt

8/3-
LF's body located near milepost 1.5 Lee Valley Road, down an embankment

Grand Jury where NM and BB were to testify called off after LF's body found.

Prepared by Holly Marshall, 2008
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :flower:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:52 am

hollmars Today at 2:34 am

Hi all! I'm Cory's friend from Chicago who wrote the docs on Websleuths. You can feel free to use the docs and my name as I have no problem with this and nothing to hide (right!!??). Anything to help further the case!! That is why I wrote the docs, to help Cory. So use as you will. I'd be interested to see what you do!

Thank you Holly for posting all of this info on here and welcome to this wonderful site!!! ❤
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi All,

Here is the address for Americas Most Wanted:

America's Most Wanted
PO Box Crime TV
Washington DC 20016

I just sent out the information from Holly in three seperate envelopes. PLEASE do the same. If lots of us mail it in they have to listen. I also sent it in e-mail form on the website under everything that had a contact area.

Thanks a bunch,
Treaves

Last edited by treaves on Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis spellings)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:26 pm

I will do the same tomorrow! Thank you mom for getting all these web sites and e-mail address! Muah ❤
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:27 pm

If we all do this one little deed, you would think it would catch their eyes, don't you???
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:31 pm

ok im still watching this thread, i will write a letter too.
Juanita
Juanita

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:59 pm

FYI...AMW just sent me a slightly nasty e-mail telling me that they will only consider letters written to the snail mail address. ...I sent it that way three times...but I also sent it to every department that they had a webmail form for. tee hee....at least they read it. They told me... "We are sorry for the situation regarding this unsolved murder but only written requests to the mailing address will be considered". It was quite a hand slap...BUT they had to read it. :pirat:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:34 pm

treaves Today at 4:59 pm

FYI...AMW just sent me a slightly nasty e-mail telling me that they will only consider letters written to the snail mail address. ...I sent it that way three times...but I also sent it to every department that they had a webmail form for. tee hee....at least they read it. They told me... "We are sorry for the situation regarding this unsolved murder but only written requests to the mailing address will be considered". It was quite a hand slap...BUT they had to read it.

LOL!! That is awesome mom... Or excuse me treaves....
This works out better anyways, because NOW they are going to have mail coming in like crazy if we all stick to it and send it!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:36 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:
treaves Today at 4:59 pm

FYI...AMW just sent me a slightly nasty e-mail telling me that they will only consider letters written to the snail mail address. ...I sent it that way three times...but I also sent it to every department that they had a webmail form for. tee hee....at least they read it. They told me... "We are sorry for the situation regarding this unsolved murder but only written requests to the mailing address will be considered". It was quite a hand slap...BUT they had to read it.

LOL!! That is awesome mom... Or excuse me treaves....
This works out better anyways, because NOW they are going to have mail coming in like crazy if we all stick to it and send it!!

I made 7 more copies today :bounce: and I decided I am going to mail one a day for a week. They may get tired of me and take it on just to stop hearing from me. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:20 pm

Cory!!!! I need your contact information. AMW sent me a voice mail that they want to call here on Monday. I need them to call you directly. You can pm or e-mail me on hotmail....or call me, but we will be gone to Alex's graduation until Saturday night. This is exciting. They had to have read the one on the web form "they don't except"....cuz it hasn't been long enough for them to have recieved the ones I mailed. This is exciting!!! Everyone still mail the copies in the mail and bombard them. :cheers:

Last edited by treaves on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:52 pm

WOOT WOOT... I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Excited and hope they take this story seriously! I agree with you Mom, that we should still continue to show our support and send in that packet!!!!! :cheers:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:04 am

Yes....I don't want to get toooo excited in case they don't take us seriously...but PLEASE pray that this is for real and they are on board. Maybe they are realizing that we are coming up on an anniversary. That might make a difference. :cheers:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 am

:clapping:
treaves wrote:Cory!!!! I need your contact information. AMW sent an me a voice mail that they want to call here on Monday. I need them to call you directly. You can pm or e-mail me on hotmail....or call me, but we will be gone to Alex's graduation until Saturday night. This is exciting. They had to have read the one on the web form "they don't except"....cuz it hasn't been long enough for them to have recieved the ones I mailed. This is exciting!!! Everyone still mail the copies in the mail and bombard them. :cheers:
That is awesome!!!!!!!!!! Let us know what happens!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:24 am

treaves wrote:Cory!!!! I need your contact information. AMW sent an me a voice mail that they want to call here on Monday. I need them to call you directly. You can pm or e-mail me on hotmail....or call me, but we will be gone to Alex's graduation until Saturday night. This is exciting. They had to have read the one on the web form "they don't except"....cuz it hasn't been long enough for them to have recieved the ones I mailed. This is exciting!!! Everyone still mail the copies in the mail and bombard them. :cheers:

YAY!!!!! :cheers: You have an email from me treaves! I can't believe it! I haven't had ANY time to be on her til now and I find this??!! This is awesome! Thank you! I can't let myself get too excited - I have experienced too many let-downs in the past. But I will HOPE for the best.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:40 pm

Sorry again Everyone! Today I am frustrated. I got up this morning and Leah's website was down. Still is. Don't really know why it is down but I am pisssed. Smash PC
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:59 pm

Cory, I sent a friend request to Leah's Myspace page. Are you the one who manages it?
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:40 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:Cory, I sent a friend request to Leah's Myspace page. Are you the one who manages it?

No. Actually the one who manages it is Trisha. She's the first one on Leah's friends. And all I really know about Trisha is she is the Administrator of Leah's sites' sister-in-law. Also your Mom might know something.....I believe the Policewives are a part of it too????
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:57 am

Policewives helped get it (the myspace) going...but we do not have the permission to work on it or any passwords.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:23 pm

Finally got a few moments to look at the site. What a great group of people here to help find justice for Leah! So glad to see folks that are willing to help out and do something. :D

It's my sister Trish and my nephew that got Leah's MySpace page all set up as a dedication to her and to try to reach more people about her case. I don't recall the Police Wives helping with that, other than to spread the word on MySpace, which would explain why they do not have a password. She does not have high speed internet anymore so if a friend request has been made recently, please be patient.

Way to go to all the posters here and the webmasters for making sure Leah is kept in the forefront!! :cheers: Thanks for letting me know about this site, Cory!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:28 pm

Angelina wrote:Finally got a few moments to look at the site. What a great group of people here to help find justice for Leah! So glad to see folks that are willing to help out and do something. :D

It's my sister Trish and my nephew that got Leah's MySpace page all set up as a dedication to her and to try to reach more people about her case. I don't recall the Police Wives helping with that, other than to spread the word on MySpace, which would explain why they do not have a password. She does not have high speed internet anymore so if a friend request has been made recently, please be patient.

Way to go to all the posters here and the webmasters for making sure Leah is kept in the forefront!! :cheers: Thanks for letting me know about this site, Cory!
We are so glad that you found this wonderful site, too. Anything we can do to help keep Leah's name out there just let us know. This is a dedicated group here.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:19 pm

Cory asked me to post this:

To: Jimmy Murphy
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2009 10:18 AM
Subject: Leah's Forum

Cory,

I can't figure out how to incorporate a new stand alone "Forum" so here is what I've done.

I set the forum to allow user registrations again. So anyone who wants to sign up will be allowed to do so. We tried to screen the user sign ups, but this wouldn't work because we weren't receiving the email requests from those wishing to "register" like we were supposed to.

Right now anyone can register for the forum like they used to and automatically get access within a minute or two. I am still investigating why we are not receiving the email requests and if I figure that out I will set it up that way again so as to filter out the spam sign ups. In the meantime Angie is going to monitor the user sign ups and delete the "spam" sign ups manually.

So the forum is now open to new user sign ups.

Dan
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:47 am

Justice for Leah
BlowKisses
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:14 am

Okay.. I signed up finally and am awaiting my approval.
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:12 am

mommyof3kids wrote:Okay.. I signed up finally and am awaiting my approval.

Your name is in the members Mommy! You should be able to post!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle_ellis Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:44 pm

Okay, as a public relations professional and former broadcast reporter I would suggest not bombarding any media outlets with information regarding the case. What we need to do is have a calculated approach at pitching them. I wrote a press release before the 9-year anniversary of Leah's murder and sent it to all of my contacts at AMW, Primetime, Dateline, 20/20, etc. and due to the short notice it didn't give them enough lead time to cover it. What we need to do now is contact them with a pitch letter/e-mail and follow it up with sending in a packet of information that includes a pitch letter should they show interest. We do not want to irritate them because they are the ones who chose whether to cover or not cover the story.

michelle_ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle_ellis Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:46 pm

An added note...I am going to use what would have been Leah's 25th birthday on October 29 as a new reason to pitch them. "Leah Freeman would be 25 years old this October 29, but tragically her life was cut short when she was murdered at 15. It has been almost a decade since her murder and the case is still unsolved..."

michelle_ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:06 pm

michelle_ellis wrote:Okay, as a public relations professional and former broadcast reporter I would suggest not bombarding any media outlets with information regarding the case. What we need to do is have a calculated approach at pitching them. I wrote a press release before the 9-year anniversary of Leah's murder and sent it to all of my contacts at AMW, Primetime, Dateline, 20/20, etc. and due to the short notice it didn't give them enough lead time to cover it. What we need to do now is contact them with a pitch letter/e-mail and follow it up with sending in a packet of information that includes a pitch letter should they show interest. We do not want to irritate them because they are the ones who chose whether to cover or not cover the story.

thanks for the tip! it's great for a person like you to be here and help Cory out! Couple Hugging
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:10 pm

by michelle_ellis Today at 4:46 pm

An added note...I am going to use what would have been Leah's 25th birthday on October 29 as a new reason to pitch them. "Leah Freeman would be 25 years old this October 29, but tragically her life was cut short when she was murdered at 15. It has been almost a decade since her murder and the case is still unsolved..."
And this is why you do what you do as a profession. I would have NEVER thought to do it that way. You are a wonderful brilliant PR Professional!!! Thank you for all you do for this case!! Just let me know what I can do to help :)
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next