Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indigency Takes Toll On Casey Anthony Defense/ Expert Witnesses Added To List By Defense

Go down

Indigency Takes Toll On Casey Anthony Defense/ Expert Witnesses Added To List By Defense Empty Indigency Takes Toll On Casey Anthony Defense/ Expert Witnesses Added To List By Defense

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:44 pm

POSTED: 4:09 pm EDT July 1, 2010
UPDATED: 5:30 pm EDT July 1, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Attorneys for Casey Anthony filed a new list of witnesses on Thursday who will testify on behalf of her defense.

Four of the eight names on the list are expert witnesses. The defense team wanted to include more experts, but Judge Belvin Perry denied the use of more tax money to pay for them.

The witness list includes a plant expert from Colorado, Dr. Jane Bock, and an insect expert from Nebraska, Dr. Timothy Huntington. A Canadian forensic anthropologist is also included, as well as Florida International University professor Dr. Ken Furton. They are expected to challenge tests on the air in Casey's car.

"The case has always been kind of simple, and the witness list reflects that," defense attorney Richard Hornsby said.

Hornsby said the experts will attack the science involved in the tests. Others on the list, including Roy Kronk's ex-wife, will be used to try to raise reasonable doubt that someone else could have put Caylee Anthony's remains in the woods after Casey Anthony was indicted and jailed.

Hornsby said the list looks minimal since Anthony declared indigency.

"I think the defense had some grandiose ideas about how they were going to attack the state's case with experts from all over the country," Hornsby said.

But those ideas were cut back by Perry, who because of Anthony's indigency became the decider of which defense experts were necessary and which ones were not.

"If you're only going to have one testify, why do I have to pay for two?" Perry asked.

"Once you declare indigency, you're not entitled to an extravagant defense -- just a reasonable defense," Hornsby said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Indigency Takes Toll On Casey Anthony Defense/ Expert Witnesses Added To List By Defense Empty Re: Indigency Takes Toll On Casey Anthony Defense/ Expert Witnesses Added To List By Defense

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:05 pm

"Once you declare indigency, you're not entitled to an extravagant defense -- just a reasonable defense," Hornsby said.
Love it. :muahaha:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Indigency Takes Toll On Casey Anthony Defense/ Expert Witnesses Added To List By Defense Empty Re: Indigency Takes Toll On Casey Anthony Defense/ Expert Witnesses Added To List By Defense

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:17 pm

"If you're only going to have one testify, why do I have to pay for two?" Perry asked.
:cheering: I agree thinking
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 pm

I think we agree on this one wrap. Both of those were very good statements by the judge.
wink
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down