Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey's Lawyers Begin Evidence Examination/Cheney Mason loses his cool with Kathy Belich in interview/Wed, 7/14/10: Casey's Defense Wants More Testing On Evidence

+3
cherylz
Wrapitup
artgal16
7 posters

Go down

Casey's Lawyers Begin Evidence Examination/Cheney Mason loses his cool with Kathy Belich in interview/Wed, 7/14/10: Casey's Defense Wants More Testing On Evidence Empty Casey's Lawyers Begin Evidence Examination/Cheney Mason loses his cool with Kathy Belich in interview/Wed, 7/14/10: Casey's Defense Wants More Testing On Evidence

Post by artgal16 Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Wow I dont know where Cheney Mason gets his reputation - he's definitely is a hot head!
see interview:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Casey's Lawyers Begin Evidence Examination/Cheney Mason loses his cool with Kathy Belich in interview/Wed, 7/14/10: Casey's Defense Wants More Testing On Evidence Empty Casey's Lawyers Begin Evidence Examination

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:01 pm

Posted: 11:51 am EDT July 13, 2010
Updated: 6:20 pm EDT July 13, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s lawyers started a two-day evidence examination Tuesday. They brought in their own experts from as far away as the Netherlands to review stacks of evidence in the case.

RAW INTERVIEWS: Mason (per above post)

Dr. Lee [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (Belich actually asks Dr. Lee if he will be wearing a hairnet today. This is a must see as is Cheney's)

Baez [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

READ: Objection On Release Of Evidence

VIDEO REPORT: Experts Reviewing Evidence

Casey's attorneys are fighting to keep the list of evidence private. They turned over the list last week laying out what evidence they planned to inspect and a famous crime expert looked over some of it Tuesday.

Both members of the defense and prosecutors were at the Orange County sheriff’s headquarters Tuesday. The defense team is trying to keep the specific evidence they're looking at, which prosecutors already know about, secret from the public. Meanwhile, the sheriff's office is videotaping the evidence examination so there can be no question as to what happened there.

Evidence from the three possible crime scenes is being examined in separate bays at the Orange County Sheriff's Office: the car, the house, and the woods where Caylee Anthony’s remains were found.

Cindy Anthony was recorded in a 911 call that Casey's trunk smelled of death and a hair from Caylee's lifeless body was found there. In the Anthony's house, detectives found duct tape and heart stickers that matched stickers and tape found with Caylee's remains in the woods near her house.

Defense forensic expert Dr. Henry Lee arrived with Casey Anthony's lead defense attorney Jose Baez (raw Lee | raw Baez) Tuesday. WFTV asked Dr. Lee about his trouble during the Phil Spector murder trial in California, where the judge and the defense accused Lee of mishandling key prosecution evidence, the tip of the victim's fingernail, which could have proved that the victim had fought for her life.

“They never have such a thing. Just make up story,” Dr. Lee told WFTV reporter Kathi Belich.

“So the judge was lying then?” Belich asked Lee.

“Oh, I did not say anybody lying. Judge did not say I had a fingernail,” he replied.

Spector was eventually convicted.

Casey's other defense attorney, Cheney Mason, seemed annoyed and angry when WFTV asked whether Dr. Lee's problems led the judge to order the sheriff's office to videotape the defense's examination of the evidence.

“I don't want you asking questions. I don't intend to answer your questions. They're always too stupid,” Cheney Mason (raw video) told Belich.

“Do you think that's why the judge insisted the sheriff's office videotape your search of the evidence? Because of those problems?” Belich asked.

“You'll have to ask the judge. No he did not,” Mason replied.

The defense wouldn't tell WFTV Tuesday why they don't want the public to know which evidence their experts are looking at.

The defense filed a motion Tuesday (read it) slamming the media in its effort to keep the items of evidence it's examining this week sealed from the public. One of the arguments it makes is that the media will not get to see the defense inspection of the evidence, but that's not really true; it's being videotaped by the sheriff's office and the judge said WFTV will get a copy of the videotape.

CASEY EXPECTED IN COURT THURSDAY

WFTV will be there when Casey Anthony's mother and brother testify at a hearing later this week. The two were subpoenaed to discuss the panicked 911 call Cindy Anthony made where she claimed Casey's car smelled like a dead body. That call launched the murder investigation against Casey.

Also on Thursday, the judge will hear the defenses request to keep their list of evidence private.

The hearing is scheduled for Thursday afternoon. WFTV.com will stream it live online.

DEADLINE SET IN CASEY CASE FOR RELEASE OF LIST

If attorneys in the case against Casey Anthony want to block a list of evidence from being released to the public, they must submit a new motion by 4:00pm Tuesday.

VIDEO REPORT: July 13 Afternoon Deadline Set

Last week, Casey's attorneys met the judge's deadline to turn over the list. The list is public record, but the defense did not file it with the clerk. Instead, it was sent it directly to the judge, who was on vacation.

Now, if either party wants to keep it private they must file a request by July 13 at 4:00pm; if a motion isn't filed, it will be released. Looks like they made the deadline.

Kathi Belich even gets on my nerves, but she is doing her job. I about died laughing when Mason said her boss was stupid. "Stupid is as stupid does" would have been my response.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Casey's Lawyers Begin Evidence Examination/Cheney Mason loses his cool with Kathy Belich in interview/Wed, 7/14/10: Casey's Defense Wants More Testing On Evidence Empty Re: Casey's Lawyers Begin Evidence Examination/Cheney Mason loses his cool with Kathy Belich in interview/Wed, 7/14/10: Casey's Defense Wants More Testing On Evidence

Post by Guest Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:02 pm

:lol!: He sure throws that stupid word out there a lot for an educated fellow.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Casey's Lawyers Begin Evidence Examination/Cheney Mason loses his cool with Kathy Belich in interview/Wed, 7/14/10: Casey's Defense Wants More Testing On Evidence Empty Re: Casey's Lawyers Begin Evidence Examination/Cheney Mason loses his cool with Kathy Belich in interview/Wed, 7/14/10: Casey's Defense Wants More Testing On Evidence

Post by cherylz Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Kathie B. sure is a thorn in their side...isn't she?!
You Go Girl
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:11 pm

CASEY EXPECTED IN COURT THURSDAY

WFTV will be there when Casey Anthony's mother and brother testify at a hearing later this week. The two were subpoenaed to discuss the panicked 911 call Cindy Anthony made where she claimed Casey's car smelled like a dead body. That call launched the murder investigation against Casey.

Also on Thursday, the judge will hear the defenses request to keep their list of evidence private.

The hearing is scheduled for Thursday afternoon. WFTV.com will stream it live online.
OMG, I can't even begin to imagine what will happen, what will be said. Will Cindy lie? Will Casey cry? Will Lee laugh out loud? The possibilities are endless!! Sarcasm
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:44 pm

Kathi Belich is so annoying! I love her! :cheering:
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 pm

I agree Wrap. The possibilities are endless.

I fully suspect both Cindy and Casey to be sitting in the clink after Thursday's SHOWDOWN AT OK CORRAL.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by pookiebear Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:27 pm

what time is the hearing on Thursday, pst.?

pookiebear

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Will Cindy lie? Will Casey cry? Will Lee laugh out loud? The possibilities are endless!! Sarcasm

If Cindy is breathing, she will be lying!! If Casey is breathing, she will be wiping her eyes!! If Lee is breathing, he will be giggling.

I wonder if George will attend? That is the big ??????
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:05 am

the hearing I read, is at 2:00 eastern
11 am pacific
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:07 am

concerned4all wrote:
Will Cindy lie? Will Casey cry? Will Lee laugh out loud? The possibilities are endless!! Sarcasm

If Cindy is breathing, she will be lying!! If Casey is breathing, she will be wiping her eyes!! If Lee is breathing, he will be giggling.

I wonder if George will attend? That is the big ??????
I cannot imagine it. Not after what Casey wrote to her "friend". Lee, also. I can just hear him now. "CMA, CMA, I trusted you, I told Morgan&Morgan I believe everything my sister tells me. Why did you tell ha ha ha :lol!: say that? Now, I have to say that I DON'T believe everything my sister tells me. But, wait a minute... its all good YOU didn't tell ME that. You told that jail mate of yours. So YES, I still believe everything my sister tells me. :lol!: :lol!: :lol!: ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO What's the next question?" gum Barf
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:40 am

We first got a glimpse of Casey Anthony’s attorney, Cheney Mason’s arrogance and overblown opinion of himself when he announced to the press that he was” going to walk out of the courtroom with Casey arm and arm” with her being a free woman .

But now we have seen a full-blown picture of Cheney Mason up close and personal . We have seen his verbally abusive, arrogant and childish behavior, especially towards Orlando 9’s star reporter Kathy Belich.

Interviewed by a group of Orlando reporters, Cheney was first asked, “What do you expect here today?” His attempt to come across as humorous fell flat, as he sarcastically replied “Lets see. I expect it to rain and you get caught in it. “

He was then asked “Which experts are gonna be here today?”

As soon as he replied “ Besides myself?”it just conformed to me what I saw all along. The man appears to me to be completely ego driven and full of himself. He clearly sees himself as the top legal expert here.

Then Orlando 9’s Kathy Belich who is an excellent and thorough reporter asked him the legitimate question, “Do you think Henry Lees problems with the Spector case is going to cause problems? “

Instead of answering a simple “No” or “Not at all” He got very defensive. He rushed past the reporters as his whole physical demeanor changed. He was now wearing an angry scowl as opposed to his previous smug, arrogant smile.

As he rushed away he replied what sound like “ Shhh” stopping himself short of continuing what he perhaps really wanted to say- “ Shit”.

He then said in a sassy school boy defensive sounding tone “ No . I Think YOUR problems are causing problems.”

WHAT???? This school boy tone from an alleged seasoned criminal attorney?

Kathy couldn’t believe her ears either. S o she loudly asked “What was that now?” Cheney ignored her and entered the building.

Since the comment was directly leveled against Kathy Belich, she promptly did what any good reporter would do and followed Cheney into the building . She was the only reporter who followed him into the building and understandably so. She heard Cheney make a hostile comment directed at her and she wanted to follow up.

As she stood in back of him she asked “ You don’t think it will cause trouble?” She realized Cheney was getting out his ID and following the procedures of the Sherriff’s Department. So she stood quietly behind Cheney until he completed his business with the reception desk.

Then she spoke up and asked “ Are you worried about that ? That the problems …”

Cheney then turned to her and replied in a childish cadence like something you would her on a grade school playground during recess, “ I worry about YOU- that YOU’RE always bothering me.”

Kathy rightfully asks in a calm and professional tone “ Why do you worry about that ?”

Cheney replied with his back turned to Kathy in a defensive tone” You’re always bothering people.”

Kathy calmly replied “ I’m just doing my job.”

Then like an immature child with his continued to be turned against Kathy he replied” I don’t intend on answering your question. They are always too STUPID!”

As a professional Kathy continues to ask “ Do you think that’s the reason the judge insisted that the Sherrif’s department videotape your search of the evidence because of the problems?”

Cheney’s knee jerk reaction was “You have to ask the judge.” Then he got angry and said” No he did not! I’m sure of that….

Then Kathy continued with “Why do you think he insisted …” to which Cheney immediately faced her put up his and pointed his finger at her.In school boy tone he said to her, “If you don’t leave me alone , I’m gonna have to tell your boss.” It reminded me of a child on a playground saying “ if you don’t stop it, I’m gonna tell my mommy.”

He then pointed his finger to show her how bad she was. He told her how her colleagues are outside and doing things like professionals.

Kathy doesn’t budge. Instead she replied,” My boss wants me to ask you these questions.”

Then, in keeping with his immature childish tone and using the same verbiage one would hear on a grade school playground, Cheney replied. YOUR BOSS IS STUPID TOO!

I couldn’t believe that I was hearing this from an alleged seasoned criminal attorney.

When people are scared and loosing something , they often get defensive. There is no doubt he must be feeling these things about Casey’s case. He must be scared and feeling that he will be losing the case, especially now that he has sunken his teeth into the case.

He then turns his back to her and suddenly turns around to face her as she says DO YOU SEE THE OTHER PEOPLE OUT THERE ACTING LIKE JACKASSES OR JUST YOU?

Kathy calmly replies I’m just doing my job” to which Cheney points his hands and yells at her Don’t keep asking me the same STUPID questions.

Kathy is calm and says “I obviously struck a nerve” to which Cheney regresses back into the grade school child mode and says (with his back turned towards her) “No you haven’t stuck a nerve! YOU ARE A NERVE!”

Then the other reporters came into Sheriffs office and Kathy spoke up and asked a question, which he completely ignored.

So now we know that this high faloootin criminal attorney acts and sound much like a grade school child when confronted and when he is feeling stressed.

There is no doubt that as things get heated in Casey’s trial we may very well see Cheney’s grade school boy behavior and tone leak out in the courtroom. In this long and arduous trial, if he acts like this in front of jurors which I have no doubt he will, they will clearly not like him.

When jurors don’t like an attorney in the courtroom, it can have a great impact the outcome of the case as well. In my view that’s a good thing as far as Casey Anthony is concerned. If that is the case, it will just be one more step thing that leads towards justice being served for little innocent Caylee. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:54 am

Baez is also not liked - actually none of the defense
is very well liked - I would even say strongly disliked
including the defendent. Dr Glass is correct - it will definitely impact the jury - Cindy, George and Lee
also are just not sympathetic. You cant fool the people!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:45 am

Go, Kathy Belich, Go!!!

Right on!!!
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Casey's Lawyers Begin Evidence Examination/Cheney Mason loses his cool with Kathy Belich in interview/Wed, 7/14/10: Casey's Defense Wants More Testing On Evidence Empty Casey's Defense Wants More Testing On Evidence

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:49 pm

Posted: 8:30 am EDT July 14, 2010
Updated: 6:29 pm EDT July 14, 2010

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Lawyers in the case against Casey Anthony wrapped up their examination of evidence Wednesday evening, but they say they're not done with it yet. Lawyers told WFTV they found things in the evidence that the FBI missed.

BILL SHEAFFER: Analyst On Casey Evidence [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
JOSE BAEZ: Interview With WFTV [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
VIDEO REPORT: Evidence Examining Continues [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Casey’s lawyers want a new round of testing at taxpayer expense. Defense attorney Jose Baez claims his experts have made some discoveries over the last two days and he will to ask Chief Judge Belvin Perry to allow defense testing of the items in question.

Defense testing of evidence is not unusual, but in this case, the taxpayers would pay for it.

“I'll answer your questions. Let them go in and check in,” defense attorney Jose Baez said.

Baez ran interference Wednesday for other members of his team after WFTV asked them some tough questions a day earlier about defense expert Dr. Henry Lee; a California judge criticized Lee for mishandling key prosecution evidence in the Phil Spector murder case, which resulted in evidence disappearing.

Jose Baez told WFTV he and his team saw some things in their first-hand examination of the evidence that will probably lead them to request doing some testing of their own.

“How many tests would you say that you are going to ask for based on what you've seen so far?” WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked Baez.

“I don't know. I'm not the experts. They tell me what they think, we take it from there and I make the decisions,” he replied.

The defense planned to look at Casey's car for the second time with its new experts.

“The way we'll find out is there'll be an absence of any notification of reports or results or additional listing of witnesses that may have examined this evidence,” WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said.

Casey's parents said the trunk smelled like a dead body and investigators found a hair of Caylee's in the trunk which they say came from her dead body.

WFTV ruffled feathers again on Wednesday when they asked whether Baez will ask taxpayers to pay the travel expenses for the defense experts who've come here from the Netherlands.

“Are you going to ask taxpayers to pay for their transportation?” Belich asked.

“You and your taxpayer nonsense,” Jose Baez replied.

Eventually, Baez said he won't ask taxpayers to pay for their travel from the Netherlands.

Thursday, Casey’s defense team will try to convince the judge to seal the list of items it's been looking at it. They do not want WFTV to know exactly what they're looking at, even though the sheriff's office is videotaping and that tape will eventually be released.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Anthony Defense Team Finishes Survey Of Evidence
Baez: Experts Give Insight Into Evidence In Casey Anthony Case

POSTED: 12:46 pm EDT July 14, 2010
UPDATED: 4:22 pm EDT July 14, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Defense attorneys and their experts looked at more evidence in the case against Casey Anthony.

Anthony defense attorney Cheney Mason said the team finished looking over evidence just after 1 p.m. on Wednesday.

"Without giving away details there are plenty of things that you see in person that you can't see in a photograph," Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez said.

On Tuesday, the team looked at dozens of items from the evidence sheet at the Orange County Sheriff's Office.

Baez and Mason, along with insect expert Tim Huntington and forensics expert Henry Lee, were on hand again Wednesday to look through more evidence.

VIDEO: Watch Story [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
| Baez Interview

“We'll all be together looking at it, so it's all going to be done controlled and orderly,” Mason said.

Baez said the process has gone well so far.

"Any time you get a chance to inspect something you have never seen before, obviously, only in photos, it's a completely different way of looking at things," Baez said.

Baez said that having their experts on hand also gives the defense team crucial insight into the evidence of the case.

"Under the rules of criminal procedure, we are allowed to test items so in all likelihood that is what's going to happen in this case."

The defense team had to wear gowns and gloves for the review.

Noticeably absent from the survey was defense counsel Linda Kinney Baden. Baden's out of town travel expenses are not picked up by taxpayers.

On Thursday, Judge Belvin Perry will hear an objection by the defense to keep sealed any details about the items they looked at.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down