Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years

+11
CritterFan1
cherylz
Praying For Faith
laga
lisette
janie
jeanne1807
raine1953
Wrapitup
Nama
artgal16
15 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Search for missing brothers brings back painful memories of 2003 case

Post by Nama Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Gehring_r2_c1

The case of the missing Skelton brothers has eerie similarities to another case that grabbed national attention, and put a spotlight on northwest Ohio, more than 5 years ago.

In July 2003, Manuel Gehring took his 14-year-old daughter, Sarah, and 11-year-old son, Phillip, to a Fourth of July fireworks show near their home in New Hampshire. That was the last time the siblings were seen alive.

Now, authorities are not saying that the Skelton brothers are dead or what their father John Skelton did with them but they have predicted a bad outcome.

The Gehring kids' father Manuel did confess to killing his children and burying their bodies along a 700-mile stretch of interstate 80. While awaiting trial, in 2004, Gehring killed himself, but before he took his life he gave police a detailed description of the burial site. Authorities narrowed the location down to Ohio and Pennsylvania, along the Ohio Turnpike.

In July 2005, the children's mother, Teri Knight, conducted her own search of the Ohio Turnpike in Maumee hoping to finally bring her children home. But she came up empty handed.

Then, 5-years ago this past Wednesday, a woman walking her dog found the remains of the two children near the town of Hudson in northeast Ohio, just off the turnpike. The woman's dog picked up the scent from the childrens' grave.

Now in the wake of a new tragedy, the painful memories of the Gehring story have re-surfaced.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty transcripts.cnn.com

Post by Guest Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:49 pm

Aired December 2, 2010 - 20:00:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

JEAN CASAREZ, GUEST HOST: We begin tonight with breaking news out of Michigan and Ohio. Three little brothers, just 5, 7 and 9, vanish without a trace, last seen with their father on Thanksgiving. The father claims he gives the little boys to a woman he meets on the Internet so he can go kill himself. But the suicide attempt fails. The father still alive. The boys still missing. And police cannot track down this so-called mystery woman. With hopes of finding the boys alive fading fast, police arrest the father, charging him with kidnapping his little boys.

Major development tonight. At this hour, multiple dive teams are scouring rivers and lakes all across Ohio`s Williams County. But the father`s sister says she`s been told the boys are safe. Is there a chance that they are still alive, or has the father confessed to murdering his three precious children?

Video Clip
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Reports at least four dive teams now on scene, searching local lakes, trying to find three missing brothers. Reports now emerging that dad John Skelton has confessed to killing the boys.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The father of three missing boys.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Missing and presumed dead.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He is in jail.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: John Skelton was released from the mental health facility, immediately placed in custody by (INAUDIBLE) the FBI. (INAUDIBLE) for three counts of parental kidnapping.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Reporters caught up with him as he was being wheeled into jail.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: John, what did you do to your kids?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Fear the worst has happened to Andrew, Alex and Tanner.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Imagine your worst nightmare come true.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Now the father is in custody.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Statements that he`s made to investigators would indicate that it`s not going to be a positive outcome.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The search continues for the three brothers.

Video Clip
CASAREZ: And search efforts are intensifying today for Tanner, Alexander, and Andrew. Dive teams out in force searching bodies of water, while at the same time local reports are saying that John Skelton has confessed to killing his little boys. One story allegedly that he said he killed the boys, wrapped them in sheets with a teddy bear, put them in an abandoned schoolhouse. That schoolhouse was checked. It did not have those three little boys.

I want to go back out to Bill Foster. You are a friend of the family, leading the civilian search efforts. Talking about Tanya Skelton, the mother of the three boys, has she joined in the efforts to find her three children?

BILL FOSTER, FRIEND OF FAMILY OF THREE MISSING BOYS: No, Miss Skelton, due to the media and her past and everything, she has chosen to stay out of it. We`re out there for her, everybody that`s here is out there for her. I mine, you have to remember, you would not want to come across anything if these were your children.

CASAREZ: I guess, Mr. Foster, one thing that everybody wants to know. Everybody pictures themselves, that if their child or their children were lost, you`d go to the microphones and beg anybody to help you. Why hasn`t she done that?

FOSTER: Because, you know, when they started bringing up her past and saying that -- trying to turn this on her, that John was protecting her -- protecting his children from their mom that is a child molester, that`s how twisted John is.

And it`s sad. I mean, everybody in the community knows she did her time for a crime. She follows the rules of the registry and stuff. You know, it`s irrelevant to what we`re here for. We`re here for these three boys, and obviously a sick husband.

Did we ever think he would do that? No. But there`s a chance, you know, one percent chance of searchers out there, and, you know, I have to thank the fire department, because I started out with 25 people and it grew to 400 plus. And without them, I`d be lost, you know? They`re a bunch of great guys. They put a lot of long hours in.

But a one percent chance, we`ll take it. We want to bring these boys home. We don`t quit.

Video Clip
UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We should be prepared for some bad news.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: There`s three precious, precious little boys.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Three missing little boys.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: All brothers.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They are missing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: They vanished in Michigan after their father may have tried to kill himself.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hope is fading.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: They`ve got to be found.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The police chief said this.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Imagine your worst nightmare come true.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: (INAUDIBLE) right in the heart.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Statements that he`s made to investigators would indicate that it`s not going to be a positive outcome.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And now the father.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: John Skelton was released from the mental health facility, and immediately placed in custody.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Charged with parental kidnapping, held on $3 million bond. He`ll fight extradition from Ohio.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: What happened to Andrew, Alexander and Tanner?

These were a few transcripts I read through earlier that I found informative, Mostly just an overcast of what has happened and what went on today and a little tomorrow before they send the volunteers home.

Thank you BJ♥OR and others for bringing continued information. It saddens my heart to read stories like this, but I still can't stop.

I am a father of 4 great children myself, 3 of which are boys. They are all my reasons for breathing. I can't imagine anything happening to them, let alone thinking along these lines.

New Member,
Jim
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Re: Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years

Post by Nama Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:07 pm

Welcome Jim! Most of us here are parents and some of us have grandchildren that we love more than life itself. It's too bad there are such evildoers living among us and in a perfect world we wouldn't be blogging about these cases. The public needs to be aware and get involved when they see a child at risk.......and what the DSS should be doing is a whole 'nother story. Glad to have you at VH with us.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Re: Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:02 am

Welcome, Jim! It is always great to have some men on here - especially fathers who love their children. This world needs more men like you!

BJ, that is such a sad story about the Gehring children. They look adorable in the picture, and I can't imagine why on earth their father would have murdered them. But, then again, none of the murders of innocent children makes any sense!! It seems to be a very self-centered crime - usually as a means to "get even" with an estranged spouse. So very sad that innocent children become "casualties" in relationships that go bad. It\\'s Not Fair crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty No answers after visit to missing Morenci boys' dad in jail

Post by Nama Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:46 am

Two members of the clergy and a family member of John Skelton were given special visitation this week with the father of the three missing boys from Morenci in hopes that he would reveal his sons' whereabouts, an Ohio jail administrator said.

The visitation at the Lucas County Corrections Center in Toledo was face-to-face -- instead of the normal half-hour, weekly video visitation -- and is used only on rare occasions, Corrections Administrator Jim O'Neal said.

The special visitors were requested by authorities in an effort to talk to Skelton about the whereabouts of his sons, Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, who have been missing since last week.

A slimmed-down Skelton is on suicide watch in a medical floor cell. He is by himself and checked every 10 minutes, per state guidelines, O'Neal said.

Read more: No answers after visit to missing Morenci boys' dad in jail | freep.com | Detroit Free Press [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Vigil planned Sunday for missing Morenci boys

Post by Nama Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Bilde1-4
A Tigger doll leans against the light pole at the home where the three Skelton brothers were last seen alive.

A candlelight vigil is planned at 6 p.m. Sunday at Wakefield Park for the three Morenci boys missing since Nov. 26.
The small town of 2,000 residents has canceled the Christmas parade and related activities to focus its attention on the missing Skelton children — Tanner, 5, Alexander, 7, and Andrew, 9 — and their family.
Advertisement

Anyone planning to attend the vigil is asked to bring a candle or flashlight to "light the way home" for the boys, said Officer Richard Dover.
Search efforts aided by hundreds of volunteers and law enforcement officers ended Friday for the boys who were last seen Nov. 25, as officials, including Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks and FBI agents, spend the weekend examining events of the past week and planning next steps.
The boys' father, John Skelton, 39, is being held on a $3 million bond at the Lucas County Jail in Toledo, pending a Dec. 14 extradition hearing, after being charged with three counts of parental kidnapping.

From The Detroit News: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Anyone planning to attend the vigil is asked to bring a candle or flashlight to "light the way home" for the boys, said Officer Richard Dover.
crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty (By Colleen Wells) Updated: Dec 06, 2010 5:48 PM EST

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:10 pm

MORENCI, MI (WTOL) - Police say there are no new developments in the search for three missing brothers from Morenci and that the official volunteer search for the boys is on hold.

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton were last seen on Thanksgiving Day. Their father, John Skelton, remains behind bars on parental kidnapping charges.

Folks in Morenci are trying to return to everyday life while still awaiting answers.

For example, the city hall reopens Tuesday after it was shutdown all of last week when hundreds of volunteers showed up to help search for the missing brothers.

At a diner in Morenci, the missing Skelton brothers continue to be the talk of the restaurant.

"The restaurant has been really quiet today," said resident Crystal Smith. "You can't even tell looking outside. It's almost strange after the last week."

Yellow ribbons are displayed around the town and symbolize folk's hope that the boys will come home safely.

Although many residents remain hopeful, frustration is growing as some want to continue the search for the boys.

"They just wished they wouldn't have ended it so soon," said Kim McCarty. "Especially on a weekend, when people are off of work and they could have had more people out there looking for the boys."

Others say their frustration stems from knowing someone, possibly the boys' father, may know where they are.

"Just the unknown of it," said Smith. "You know, where are they? Why can't dad just say something? He was the last one to see them. Just tell us where they are… and then it will be over."

I can't still help but wonder if there was some truth to the first story, that Skelton told police about him giving his three boys to Joann Taylor and Mark Taylor. Maybe it's just false hope on my part that these boys may be still warm and taken care of. It's been a nightmare of a story to follow, Not really knowing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:15 pm

What a great post. It is so cold outside and I too hold out hope they are warm and being taken care of.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:07 pm

I know this sounds terrible, but I sometimes think that torture ought to be legal in cases like this...to MAKE the perp tell the location of these kids...When it's obvious that they committed the crime and are just holding back on the location. I guess I am sounding un-American, but I just get so frustrated with situations like this!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Lisette, it doesn't sound terrible to me. It seems like the criminals always have the upper hand in things like this and I am sick of it.
Personally, I would torture until the truth came out.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Lisette, this is happening so often I wonder if some monsters are thinking, hey I can get rid of my (?) and noone can or will do anything about it. It seems like over and over the same MO and the same outcome. I would agree to anything to get to the truth and torture also sounds like a good deterent to anyone thinking of doing the same thing. Seems like it is open season on kids and women.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:22 pm

This is why I hate, hate, hate, hate..well you get the idea...defense attorneys.

There is a defense attorney telling "dad" not to talk. I would bet a quarter on that one.

Trying to work out a deal to save that sorry sob's butt.

In the beginning I thought..give the killer..something so he will tell.

Now I say "fry him". He is not worth anything.

Did I mention before how much I hate defense attorneys?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Officials working on extraditing John Skelton

Post by Nama Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:37 pm

Officials working on extraditing John Skelton, father of 3 missing Michigan boys

Authorities are working to extradite John Skelton from Ohio to Michigan to face charges in connection with the disappearance of his three sons, Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5.

According to the Daily Telegram, to extradite Skelton to Michigan, the state’s governor must make a formal request to the governor of Ohio.

On Monday, Lenawee County Prosecuting Attorney Jonathan Poer said “We verified today that the governor’s office has our paperwork.” Poer expects it will be sent from Lansing to Michigan within the next few days, reports the Telegram.

Skelton has chosen to fight extradition and is slated to appear in court on December 14 regarding the matter.

Interim dean of the University of Toledo College of Law, Daniel Steinbock, said that fighting extradition is usually not beneficial for a defendant and only results in more jail time while waiting for a court decision.

“You essentially gain nothing,” said Steinbock.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:53 am

I agree Jeanne. I don't know how they can stand to look at themselves in the mirror.

Just look at the defense attorney for Elisa Baker. How could anyone even consider defending her or Adam Baker?

They are just looking for their fame, I imagine.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:57 am

I am sure there are a FEW decent defense attorneys out there (after all, there are SOME people who are wrongfully accused), but for the most part, I would have to agree with you Jeanne & PFF! When the evidence is so overwhelmingly against the criminal (as in this case & Elisa Baker's case), I don't know how they can live with their conscience by defending them!! angry
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Mich. residents hope Sandusky woman saw the boys

Post by Nama Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:13 am

Tonight, we gauge reaction to the woman's story from those close to home in the boy's town of Morenci, Michigan. They're saying they hope that woman is right and that the boys are somewhere alive.

Call it a glimmer of hope in a time of darkness. Miranda Gilbert says, "To me, no news is good news, so. And I feel like they will eventually find the boys. I do."

On Thanksgiving Day, Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton were last seen in Morenci, Michigan. Their father John Skelton told police he gave the boys to a woman he met on the internet. Investigators think he lied about a relationship with a "Joann Taylor." It launched a massive week-long search for the boys, which turned grim.

Morenci's chief of police told everyone "do not expect a positive outcome." Today, this "I said, 'Stephanie these little boys, I swear, were in the donut shop.'" Sandy Jones works at the House of Donuts in Sandusky. She says three boys matching the descriptions came in the Saturday after Thanksgiving with a woman. "She was about 5'5", 5'6". She looked like she was in her 40's. She looked very tired and haggard. She had dark hair that looked like it had just been died," says Jones.

Jones explains she did not know about the search until the following Monday. She later called police. Her story is enough to stir talk at Borchardt Brothers Market, nearly 100 miles away.

Peg Fosburg says, "I really think that they are still alive. I do. I mean, because they haven't found them, and they searched for, what, a week?"

Some here are still waiting for answers from John Skelton. He's charged with three counts of parental kidnapping and awaiting extradition at the Lucas County jail.

Sondra Smith says, "Those are my daughter's cousins, and it breaks my heart to know that their dad wouldn't do anything or say where they're at, and I pray to God that it's them kids and they come home."

Until then, Morenci is lined with yellow ribbons -- symbols of hope.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:33 am

Wouldn't that be a Christmas Miracle if they found these little boys alive. I shall pray on that one.

As far as the father I thought he was crazy. Crazy like a fox. He seems to have some fight in him and is only crazy when it suits him.

I know everybody is entitled to a defense. What makes me unhappy is when they come into court with a defendent that is surely guilty and make him into something he isn't and tear down the victim. Intimidate them. I think the jury sees something completely different.

A victim seems to always remain a victim. Hopefully juries can and will see through that.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:01 pm

Eyewitnesses are just notoriously unreliable. Reference
that woman who swore she saw Zahra Baker in the furniture store
and it wasnt correct. She even said she spoke to a child and that the child had a prosthetic leg. I was going to say they lie , but maybe we can call it fantasy. I dont really know how to explain it but these so-called witnesses come out of the woodwork on every case and they are all proved to be not correct.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:38 pm

That is actually a great story, I do believe eye witnesses are fairly unreliable as well.

However, When the boys first went missing, I read about the story the following day, online. I read about John Skelton's confession of Joann Taylor. I did what many other ones did, searching for Joann Taylor's in the area. I also did a deeper search with Joann Taylors, narrowing it down to where Mark Taylor would be in the house hold. I found a woman named Joann Taylor with a Mark Taylor in the household located at 1337 Sungate Dr Mansfield, OH 44903. It's about 3 hours away from Morenci, Mich. Taking I-80 to Ohio 13 South would take them between Sandusky and Upper Sandusky.

Also I gave thought to Taylor may have been a truck driver, since Skelton was a long haul truck driver and I-80 being a popular truck route in ohio due to the lake. That would make this more of a long distance.

If they were to find these boys safe and warm and being taken care of by Christmas that would definitely be a great mind settling miracle.

Also, those that have been searching for those boys and giving it there all everyday. God bless all of you.
Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 MIohio

As for my feelings towards the Father of the boys and Capital punishment to go along with recent posts, I believe that Toby Keith sang it best in Beer For My Horses.

Grandpappy told my pappy
Back in my day, son
A man had to answer
For the wicked thing he done
Take all the rope in Texas
Find a tall oak tree
Round up all of them bad boys
And hang 'em high in the street
For all the people to see
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm

What a great poem. What a great idea!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Wow bettermember. You did a great research. I am wondering if you should send that to LE.

You might just have more than they have. One never knows.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Attorney: Missing boys' dad is off limits to investigators – for now

Post by Nama Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Prosecutors say Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm has the paperwork to extradite a 39-year-old Morenci man charged with parental kidnapping in connection with his three missing sons.

Officials say Granholm plans to have the papers to Ohio before the end of the end of the week to get John Skelton back to Michigan.

Skelton is being held in Lucas County on three counts of parental kidnapping, but must go back to Michigan to face the charges.

"Everybody with the Michigan government, Ohio government wants to make sure this is processed properly," said legal expert Jerry Phillips. "The prosecutor's office here in Lucas County, I know is taking this seriously."

Phillips says it is rare for a person to fight extradition, but that Skelton is off limits to police questioning while he is in jail.

"Unless he requests it, they have no access to him," said Phillips. "He is represented by counsel. Unless he makes a request, they won't be able to have any contact with him."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Aunt wants access to dad of 3 missing Mich. boys

Post by Nama Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:48 am

The aunt of a 39-year-old Michigan man charged with parental kidnapping in connection with his three missing sons says he might "open up" to her and disclose "things others might not get from him."

Sandra Arens says the last time she spoke with John Skelton of Morenci was in late October and he previously confided in her about his "nasty" divorce and custody battle.

The registered nurse from East Troy, Wis. says she believes Skelton may be protecting the brothers. Arens hasn't requested a visit.

Skelton remains in a Toledo, Ohio jail on a $3 million bond after he declined last Wednesday to waive extradition. He faces a Dec. 14 hearing.

9-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner Skelton last were seen on Thanksgiving. Volunteers have searched southern Michigan and northern Ohio.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:55 am

Yeah, right like Casey was protecting Caylee and Elizabeth Johnson was "protecting" Gabriel. Its all a bunch of bull - using these excuses of missing children
being given to someone else rather admitting they killed them.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Bettermember, I am glad you finally decided to post that. I, too, think you should contact LE and thanks!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:12 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Bettermember, I am glad you finally decided to post that. I, too, think you should contact LE and thanks!!!

I agree

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:24 pm

Dear jeanne1807, Wrapitup & Praying For Faith.

Thanks for the agreements and nice comments. It's my only fear that, I would offer a false lead on what I think and maybe cause those boys much needed time.

It was one of my thoughts as well, that he would be protecting his children even if it meant with his life.

It's a pretty screwed up story actually, I can't imagine what the mother must be going through or how much sleep she is lacking, so I don't want to talk down on anyone without knowing all the details. But I still don't understand how a judge comes to a decision to give full custody to a registered sex offender. What did the father do that was so terrible to award custody to a sex offender.

I wouldn't know how to contact anyone or who would want the information. Any of you can submit it,if you want to and know how. I don't want anything for information... I just want those three little guys safe.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Missing You’ Foundation joins in search for Skelton brothers

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:38 pm

Missing You’ Foundation joins in search for Skelton brothers

‘Missing You,’ a non-profit organization that searches for individuals who have vanished, is now assisting in the search for the Morenci, Michigan Skelton brothers.

Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, were reported missing on November 26 by their mother, Tanya Skelton. They were visiting their father, John Skelton, who allegedly attempted to kill himself the day after Thanksgiving. He told authorities he gave the boys to an acquaintance because he didn’t want his sons in the home when he committed suicide.

Jamie Jones with ‘Missing You’ is the lead investigator and dog handler for the organization, according to WILX.

“We sleep very lightly so if someone called at two in the morning we would definitely take the call,” he told the news outlet.

Jones and his scent dog Rocco, spent all last week searching for the three missing Skelton brothers.

“It gets real emotional cause we have kids and grandkids too,” Jones said.

Andrew is 4-feet-1 inch tall, weighs 57 pounds, and has brown eyes and hair. Alexander is 3-feet-9 inches tall, weighs 45 pounds, and has brown eyes and hair, and a scar at his hairline and on his chin. Tanner is 3-feet-6 inches tall, weighs 40 pounds, and has blonde hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information on the alleged victims, abductor or vehicle is asked to call 911 or the Morenci Police Department at (517) 263-0524.

Better member I posted the contact information in bold print. Thank you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:01 pm

Thank you lindamarie,

I submitted my information and story with missingyouorg.com, I hope to hear something positive soon, It would be a nice change of pace.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Skelton claims boys are safe in jail visit with parents

Post by Nama Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:02 am

The parents of a Morenci man charged in the disappearance of his three sons said he told them Wednesday the boys are safe.
Roxann and John Skelton spent a half-hour communicating with their son, John Russell Skelton, 39, by telephone and video link within the Lucas County Jail in Toledo, corrections administrator Jim O'Neal said. Jail visitors use a first-floor conference room while the prisoner remains secured on the second floor.

The Jacksonville, Fla., couple told reporters outside the jail their son didn't say where the boys are, but insisted he had to act to get them away from what he claims was sexual abuse by their mother.
"He told them the boys are safe and warm and well-fed and being cared for," said Skelton's aunt, Sandra Arens, 50, a registered nurse in East Troy, Wis. "He said he doesn't want to say where yet."
Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5, were reported missing Thanksgiving Day by their mother, Tanya Skelton, 44, who filed for divorce from Skelton on Sept. 13.
Police say the boys were last seen a day earlier visiting their father. Up to 400 volunteers searched in vain daily for a week around the Michigan-Ohio border town.
Skelton and his wife had been engaged in a custody fight. Tanya Skelton had accused him of twice taking the boys without permission, and got a Florida judge to order their return to Michigan. He asked the court for full custody, accusing Tanya Skelton of an unspecified sexual offense. Tanya Skelton is on the Michigan Sex Offender Registry for her 1998 conviction for having a relationship with a 14-year-old neighbor boy.
Arens said she had tearful telephone discussions about the boys with John Skelton in September and a meeting at her Wisconsin home with him in late October.
The statements drew a rebuke Wednesday from the pastor of the church the couple attended. The Rev. Donna Galloway of Morenci United Methodist said she responded to a request from Skelton to visit him in jail last week. She said he spoke, but gave no explanation of what happened to the children.
"Mr. Skelton, through his relatives, is attempting to deflect the attention from himself and his bad acts," Galloway said. "If the boys are somewhere safe, anyone with knowledge of that should tell because they would be as criminally liable as he is."
Skelton is jailed in Ohio on charges of parental kidnapping.
He faces a Dec. 14 hearing on extradition to Michigan.
Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks, who said Skelton lied to authorities about giving the children to a woman,, declined Wednesday to comment.

From The Detroit News: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Grandparents of missing boys visit their son in jail

Post by Nama Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:04 am

The grandparents of the three missing boys from Morenci went to the Lucas County jail to visit their son today. John Skelton remains locked up and charged with parental kidnapping.

After their meeting with John, William and Roxanne Skelton believe 100-percent that their grandsons are still alive. However, their son did not reveal where the boys are. Roxanne says, "Those children are safe. And he wouldn't tell me where."

Roxanne and William Skelton, who live in Florida, met with their son at the Lucas County jail Wednesday afternoon for the first time since his arrest. The video conference lasted a half hour. John's dad says when he first saw his son on the screen, he said he looked like he's been through combat and told him, "Son, this is one hell of a way to get Morenci on the map. Then I sat back and listened to him. No, he didn't do that stuff."

The Skeltons would not discuss details of what John Skelton said. His parents simply say he did what he had to do to get Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner away from their mother. "He took those boys out of harm's way and I respect my son. He loves his children and I respect my son for doing just that," says Roxanne.

William has nothing but criticism for the way police are handling the investigation. "I believe there are faulty things in the system aren't helping both sides equally. The system wants to go to one thing --dead bodies --and doesn't want to look at the other side of the story. Very, very biased."
Skelton's parents say they believe their son is depressed, but not suicidal.

John Skelton's aunt is echoing those statements. Sandra Arens says she also believes John is protecting the boys from their mother. And she questioned why the public hasn't seen much of Tanya Skelton in the days after the boys disappeared.

"I don't understand why she didn't come out and say anything, I want my kids back. Why she wasn't at any of the candlelight vigils and I don't understand that why when he went to call her that Friday night after Thanksgiving and into Saturday that she refused his calls," says Arens.

Arens says if her husband would have taken her kids, she would have been on the phone with him right away.

Meantime, the public search has been called off, but local authorities are still looking for help in the case. If you have information that could help police find the boys, call 517-458-7104. Investigators have also posted a $10,000 reward.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty "He took those boys out of harms way"

Post by Nama Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:04 am

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Morenci residents split about believing Skelton's latest claims

Post by Nama Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:11 am

John Skelton, charged with kidnapping his three boys, Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, spoke to his parents Wednesday through video link-up.

After hearing what transpired, people in the city of Morenci are split as to whether they believe what Skelton told them.

Brandi Boswell thinks the boys are alive, somewhere. "It's my constant prayer," she said. "It's a gut feeling. Actually some of the details that came out today, it was like the story that I've told myself over and over."

But most people don't think they can trust the source of this latest information.

"I actually believe that they are safe but I don't believe him. I just have a gut feeling, I think they are safe. They've searched the area quite thoroughly, I think," Butch Eisel said.

Kathy Skates says she has known the boys' mother, Tanya Skelton, since Tanya was a child. She thinks John Skelton is making up the allegations of sexual abuse to pin their disappearance on her.

"I don't believe that she would have ever done what they're saying... I think he's just saying that to try to help himself out, to be honest with you... I don't think Tanya would do that," Skates said.

The Morenci residents aren't surprised that Skelton's parents are standing by him. They just wish they would have pushed him for more information.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:29 am

That video of John Skelton's parents is very interesting! His mother definitely seems to be in denial, and not wanting to talk about anything. His father, though, is very talkative & seems quite honest! I like how he admitted that his son could have hung himself if he had really wanted to & that he was most likely wanting the attention. However, I think he is also in denial - wanting to believe his son that the grandsons are "okay". It's such a bizarre story that I really don't know what to think!! faint
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:01 am

I can relate to protecting the boys from their Mother. After all she is a convicted sex offender and molested a 14 yr old neighbor boy. It makes me sick that she was allowed custody of the boys considering her conviction. Even though I can relate to protecting the boys I do have doubts about John's story. If was going to protect my kids or grand kids I would have went with them not given them away.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:42 am

There is no way that he gave three children away. Who in the world can show up in their neighborhood with three boys of that age with no explanation of where they came from. Its not possible. He was a trucker there are so many places he could have buried them along the road. Its the Casey Anthony defense all over again and we are going to hear it used for many years to come.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Tanya Skelton's Father Talks to FOX 2

Post by Nama Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:34 am

The Skelton boys were last seen with their father on Thanksgiving Day. John Skelton is locked up on parental kidnapping charges, but so far there has been no sign of his three young sons. Meanwhile, their grandfather spoke exclusively to FOX 2.

For the first time, Tanya Skelton appeared on camera. She said she was not ready to make any comments just yet and asked that we speak with her father, Don Zuvers.

Talking only to FOX 2's Roop Raj, Zuvers had the following message for his grandchildren.

"Andrew, Alex, Tanner -- grandpa loves you and (misses) you, and we want you back her in Morenci safe (and) sound where you belong," he said.

The family showed us new pictures of the boys taken during a hunting trip in October. These pictures, their smiles and hope keep them going.

Raj asked Zuvers whether he believes his grandchildren are alive. Their grandfather replied, "Yes, I do. Until they show me something that proves that they're not, they are alive, and we just want them home safe where they belong."

Tanya Skelton told Raj she takes solace in family, including her two grown daughters from another marriage. She asked her close friends, whom she has known since high school, to talk about her past, which includes jail time for having a relationship with a young boy twelve years ago.

"She admitted what she had done. She went to prison, did her time and paid for that bad judgment. When Tanya met John, she fully disclosed the details of her past," said Kathye Herrera, Tanya Skelton's friend.

However, for Zuvers this has little to do with the past and everything to do with the future. Where are the three boys now? Two people have come forward saying they believe they have seen the boys at a doughnut shop in Sandusky, Ohio and more recently at a flea market in Bowling Green, Ohio.

Raj asked Zuvers whether he believes the stories about the sightings. He answered, "No, I really don't. It gives you hope and that, but I don't know."

Searching for words seems tougher the more time goes by. Their prayers for the boys' safe return are coupled with another wish that whoever they are with, they are being taken care of.

"We talk about them and we think about them, yeah, they're out there. Somebody's got them, and they're warm," Zuvers said. "They're with a stranger, but they're still being taken care of."

Warm, safe, fed, brought home -- the family is holding onto that wish. The answer may lie in John Skelton himself. What does he know, and why will he not speak?

The timing of the disappearance is something to note. Tanya Skelton's family members have said she was about to get court ordered exclusive parenting time on November 29. That is not the same as exclusive or sole custody, but it would give her significant time with the boys.

The reward for information leading to the boys could get you up to a $10,000 reward. If you know something, call police.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Tanya Skelton's Father Talks to FOX 2

Post by Nama Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:37 am

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Mich. governor signs Skelton extradition papers

Post by Nama Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:38 am

Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm has signed the extradition papers to have the father of three missing boys turned over to police in Lenawee County.

John Skelton is being held in the Lucas County Jail on charges he kidnapped his three sons: Andrew, Alexander and Tanner.

Skelton is fighting his return to Morenci. He has a hearing in Toledo on Tuesday.

The Skelton brothers were last seen on Thanksgiving. Their father has told his parents that the boys are still alive.

If you have any information call the Morenci Police Department at 517-458-7104.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:50 am

WHY is he fighting extradition back to Michigan? He is practically on the State line if he is jailed in Toledo. Maybe he did leave the boys with someone in the Toledo area and feels if he is extradited back to another State (Michigan), he will have really lost them. I don't even know if what I just said makes any sense, but why is he fighting this extradition so badly? Seriously, he would still be close in mileage. I don't get this.

For some reason, I don't think he killed them. Artgal, I do understand what you are saying. How could Skelton explain away giving up his 3 boys to anyone? But, stranger things have happened. For some reason, I do not think they are dead. Maybe it's the Christmas mood that has my thinking in a fog. :pale:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:13 am

I know its good to believe sometimes rather than think the worse. I just think that Casey Anthonys case has influenced so many people and especially Cindy Anthony and her strong presence in the media all those months before they found Caylees remains insisting that Caylee was alive. I just dont see how a stranger could hide three small little boys and why would she? For what purpose? How could she even handle them they werent babies, one child maybe but three boys? I just dont believe it.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Tanya Skelton's father sets the record straight

Post by Nama Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:35 pm

Don Zuvers wants rumors to stop of daughter Tanya
He wants John Skelton to tell investigators the truth about his missing grandchildren.

There's still no sign of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, but Tanya Skelton's dad believes they're alive.

Don Zuvers says he's frustrated, upset and shocked. He doesn't feel that way about the investigation, he's frustrated with all the rumors that are being spread about his daughter, Tanya.

"I think people around here in the Morenci surrounding area know Tanya, know Tanya she's a good mother and she wouldn't do anything like that to hurt them and I gaurantee you that she wouldn't," Zuvers said.

The family met inside United Methodist Church in Morenci Saturday afternoon wearing t-shirts in honor of the Skelton brothers. Tanya didn't want to speak to FOX Toledo News, but off camera she says she's a loving mother who cares deeply for her sons.

After hearing John Skelton's parents say that their son is protecting Andrew, Alex and Tanner from their own mother, Zuvers said he's shocked that John would ever accuse his daughter of any wrong doing.

"I think he did give them to somebody, but not to keep them out of harms way. I think it was because of the divorce he wanted to hurt Tanya," said Zuvers.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:49 am

I really WANT to believe that those boys are still alive, being kept safe somewhere... and yet, it is difficult to believe at this point. But, as we have seen in the two recent cases of the missing girls turning up alive in San Francisco, miracles DO happen! Esp. at Christmas. We can't give up hoping & praying for a miracle!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:08 pm

What's with that big grin?

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Boys_Search_Michiga_781238lJohn Skelton, right, laughs with his lawyer Merle Dech, while waiting for his hearing to start at the Lucas County Courthouse, Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2010, in Toledo, Ohio. Skelton, the father of three boys missing since Thanksgiving, waived his right to an extradition hearing on Tuesday and was promptly processed and driven away to face charges across the state border in Michigan.

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Boys_Search_Michiga_781239lJohn Skelton arrives at the Lucas County Courthouse in Toledo, Ohio, Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2010. Skelton, the father of three boys missing since Thanksgiving, waived his right to an extradition hearing on Tuesday and was promptly processed and driven away to face charges across the state border in Michigan.

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 APTOPIX_Boys_Search_781250lJohn Skelton looks on during his hearing at the Lucas County Courthouse, Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2010, in Toledo, Ohio. Skelton, the father of three boys missing since Thanksgiving, waived his right to an extradition hearing on Tuesday and was promptly processed and driven away to face charges across the state border in Michigan.

The father of three boys who have been missing since Thanksgiving waived his right to an extradition hearing in Ohio on Tuesday and was promptly driven back to Michigan to face charges.
John Skelton, 39, appeared in a Lenawee County magistrate's office by video feed from the county jail. Magistrate Mindy England ordered him held on $30 million bond.

District Court administrator Mark Fetzer, citing a local policy, barred the news media from attending. Michigan court rules, however, prohibit closed hearings unless there are extraordinary circumstances.

"It's not a public forum. We're not doing anything differently just because of the high-profile nature of the case," Fetzer said.

Skelton is charged with three counts of parental kidnapping in the disappearance of his sons Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5. The boys were last seen playing on Thanksgiving in their father's backyard in Morenci, a town about 70 miles southwest of Detroit near Michigan's border with Ohio.

Skelton has been in custody since his Nov. 30 discharge from an Ohio medical facility where he was treated for allegedly trying to hang himself the day after Thanksgiving. Police say Skelton made up a story about giving the children to a friend to bring to his estranged wife.

Skelton will be arraigned Wednesday. He wants a court-appointed lawyer after reporting no income and monthly debts of about $675.

Earlier Tuesday, Skelton appeared in a Lucas County, Ohio, courtroom wearing a brown jail jumpsuit, not the type of protective gown he wore during a previous appearance designed to stop inmates from harming themselves. Looking more alert than he looked that time and with a thicker beard, Skelton sat in a wheelchair and was wheeled out at the conclusion of the hearing.

Skelton's Ohio attorney, Merle Dech, declined to say why Skelton decided to stop fighting extradition.

Skelton's estranged wife, Tanya Skelton, reported the boys missing the day after Thanksgiving after he didn't return them to her from a court-ordered visitation.

Hundreds of searchers have combed through wilderness areas on both sides of the Michigan-Ohio border but have not found any sign of the three boys.

Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks, who accompanied John Skelton back to Michigan, has said he doesn't expect a positive outcome in the search for the boys.

Parental kidnapping carries a prison sentence of a year and a day.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:42 pm

Parental kidnapping carries a prison sentence of a year and a day.
over reaction Why? Kidnapping should carry the same maximum sentence as any other kidnapping.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 3 Empty Bond set at $30 million in Michigan for father of missing Skelton boys

Post by Nama Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:48 pm

A Lenawee County magistrate set bond Tuesday at $30 million for John Skelton, the father of three missing Morenci boys.

Magistrate Mindy England ordered Mr. Skelton held on $10 million for each charge of parental kidnapping/custodial interference that he faces for allegedly taking his sons. The bond hearing was held via video link to the magistrate's office in Lenawee County District Court, according to Mark Fetzer, court administrator.

An arraignment for the unemployed truck driver is scheduled for 1 p.m. Wednesday before Judge James Sheridan.

According to Mr. Fetzer, Mr. Skelton will remain in the county jail for his arraignment and will appear for the hearing via video conferencing.

Mr. Fetzer said Mr. Skelton asked the magistrate to appoint him an attorney and that Judge Sheridan will make arrangements at the arraignment.

Earlier on Tuesday, Mr. Skelton waived an extradition hearing in Lucas County Common Pleas Court in Toledo and consented to be returned to Michigan to face parental kidnapping charges.

He has been in custody in the Lucas County jail in lieu of $3 million bond.

He initially had declined to waive extradition and a hearing was set before Judge Gary Cook. Tuesday, he decided to waive the identity hearing.

Morenci officers were on hand to return Mr. Skelton to Michigan.

The boys — Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5 — have been the subject of a nationwide search since they went missing the day after Thanksgiving.

Authorities have said that they do not believe the case would have "a positive outcome." However, Mr. Skelton's parents told reporters after a jailhouse visit with their son last week that they believe the boys are safe.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:56 pm

Well at least he is not going to get anytime soon. That law is lax. It needs stiffer penalties as there is way to many Parental abductions going on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next