Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years

+11
CritterFan1
cherylz
Praying For Faith
laga
lisette
janie
jeanne1807
raine1953
Wrapitup
Nama
artgal16
15 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 Empty Re: Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years

Post by Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:56 pm

Well at least he is not going to get anytime soon. That law is lax. It needs stiffer penalties as there is way to many Parental abductions going on.

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 Empty Re: Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:00 pm

I agree LM, I couldn't believe what I read!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 Empty Skelton claims to have turned sons over to an "organization"

Post by Nama Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:18 pm

John Skelton told a judge this morning that he turned his three sons over to someone from an “organization” at his Morenci home on Thanksgiving Day.

The whereabouts of Skelton’s missing sons, Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, has been the subject of searches and intense investigation efforts since the boys were reported missing by their mother on Nov. 26.

“A person in a van,” was Skelton’s answer when Lenawee County Circuit Judge Margaret M.S. Noe asked who he turned the children over to at his home.

“I know the organization, but I didn’t know the person,” Skelton said.

“What organization?” Noe asked.

“I would rather not say at this time,” Skelton answered.

Noe told Skelton he could be held in custody indefinitely if found guilty of contempt for failing to comply with her Nov. 29 order giving Tanya Skelton full custody of the children.

Tanya Skelton was called to the stand at the hearing to testify that John Skelton failed to return their three sons after spending Thanksgiving with him. The couple are separated while a divorce case is pending.

When she took the witness stand, Skelton pointed to his finger and asked his wife, “Why aren’t you wearing your ring, hon?”

She did not respond to the question.

Tanya Skelton was wearing a T-shirt with her sons’ photographs and the words, “Prayers for a safe return home.”

Skelton, 39, was returned to the Lenawee County after a Jan. 28 hearing was scheduled on a contempt charge in the civil divorce case. He is also held in lieu of $30 million in bonds on criminal charges of parental kidnapping.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:57 am

yes and a lot of those idiots seem to be in that court with the defendent - including his lawyer. These are three little lives they are talking about - these children are dead. This is a travesty being played across the nation from parents who murder their children - starting with Cindy and Casey Anthony its become an epidemic of these creatures playing us all for suckers
with their ridiculous stories and we sit in the courts and all we can do is keep them in a cell until they confess - ha
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:09 am

Sounds to me like he could be "psychotic".
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 Empty Tanya Skelton says she believes they're alive, pleads for their return

Post by Wrapitup Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:55 pm

By Erik Gable
Daily Telegram
Posted Dec 20, 2010 @ 03:21 PM
Last update Dec 20, 2010 @ 05:48 PM

MORENCI, Mich. —

The mother of Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton said today she believes her boys are still alive somewhere and pleaded with anyone who might have them to return the missing boys to her.

In front of a small group of reporters this afternoon at Morenci United Methodist Church, Tanya Skelton said her intuition still tells her “that my boys are alive and that they’re with someone they know.”

“In my heart, I have as a mom not felt that my children are gone,” she said, sitting in front of photos of the boys taken during a trip to Harrison Lake State Park. “I feel they’re out there alive somewhere. I just don’t know where.”

The boys have been missing since Thanksgiving, and their father, John Skelton, is being held at the Lenawee County Jail on parental kidnapping charges. Investigators have said the information that have developed so far does not lead them to expect a positive outcome in the case, but Tanya Skelton said she still has hope.

“I have never felt that they’re not on this earth anymore,” she said.

She pleaded with anyone who might have the boys to “call 911 or take my children to the nearest police or fire station, hospital.”

“Even a fast food restaurant,” she said. “You could tell them to stay together and to go inside and say ‘we’re the three missing boys,’ and I know that my boys can do that.”

“Please bring them home,” she said. “Their mom and their sisters, their grandparents and cousins, aunts and uncles are waiting.” Tanya Skelton has two adult daughters.

Asked what she would like to say to her sons if they could hear her, Skelton tearfully replied: “I love you boys, I miss you and I want you to come home.”

Skelton described the last day she saw her sons before their disappearance.

“We were up fairly early,” she said. “They were going to spend the day with Grandpa and Grandma, my parents, and their cousin, and play all day and then their dad was going to pick them up there.”

Skelton said she felt no hesitation about sending them to their father’s house.

“They had been going with him on a regular basis, so I wasn’t concerned about that at all.”

Skelton said she had family coming and had contacted her husband to ask about picking up the boys early. He told her that wouldn’t be possible because they weren’t home at the time, and she agreed, thinking nothing of it.

“Three o’clock came, I went to the house and he wasn’t home,” she said. “And that’s when I found out he was at the hospital.” John Skelton was taken to the hospital after a reported suicide attempt.

Skelton said she doesn’t know what to think about her husband’s statement, which he made Thursday during a contempt of court hearing in the Skeltons’ divorce case, that he gave the boys to an unnamed organization.

“The first I had heard of that was in the courtroom,” she said.

However, she said she doesn’t believe his claim that he doesn’t know where the boys are now.

“I think he knows where they are,” she said.

Skelton said she has not asked to speak with her husband, but would be willing to do so if investigators thought it would help.

“If the FBI wants me to, I will, but right now, I’m doing what has been asked of me.”

Asked whether she thought John Skelton was capable of killing his sons, she shook her head and said “no.”

“The John I knew, and was in love with, would not,” she said. “That’s all I can say now.”

She said she has not spoken with any members of her husband’s family, and said she did not have a good relationship with his parents.

John Skelton’s parents have accused her of abusing the boys and said their son took them away to keep them safe. Tanya Skelton said those claims are untrue.

“I love my children,” she said. “I would give my life for my children. I have never hurt my children, nor would I ever hurt my children.”

Tanya Skelton said she doesn’t know why her husband would have taken the children, “other than to hurt me.”

“But along the way he’s hurt more than just me,” she said. “He’s hurt my family, his family. He’s hurt the whole country. He’s hurt their friends, friends who have to wonder at night where their friends are.”

She said she’s heard from one mother whose son is so afraid because of the Skelton boys’ disappearance that he has to sleep in his mother’s bed at night.

“I’m an adult, so if you want to hurt me, hurt me,” she said. “But leave my children and the other children out of it.”

Kathye Herrera, a friend of Tanya Skelton’s who has been acting as spokesperson for the family, said the boys’ disappearance has caused fear and uncertainty among many of the children who know them. She recalled a girl at church asking why a father would take his children away.

“And how do you tell a little 4-year-old?” Herrera said. “Because we don’t understand.”

Asked whether she believes she will ever forgive her husband, Tanya Skelton said: “As a Christian, eventually, yes, I will.”

With Christmas approaching, Skelton spoke fondly of past holidays with her sons, and said there will be presents under the tree for them. She said Christmas with Andrew, Alexander and Tanner is always “lots of fun.”

“My boys are full of life,” she said. “They’re all boy, and it’s loud and busy.”

She said her sons have never needed the latest, most popular toy to have fun.

“Give them a shovel, a spoon, a stick — it doesn’t matter, they’ll dig a hole with it,” she said. “And then they’ll find water and their dump trucks and the rest is history.”

Skelton said it will be a quiet, emotional holiday if the boys are still missing at the end of this week.

“I just want my boys home for Christmas,” she said.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:16 am

My heart goes out to her! It must be so painful, esp. at this time of year. Unfortunately, I really don't think those sweet boys are still alive. crying

(BTW Wrap, I really like your signature! )
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:30 pm

For some reason, I think they are. Actually, I am like Jeanne on the see saw. I go back and forth, but really..my gut instinct is they are in hiding somewhere and he is doing this to get back at his wife.

Looking at her, you would never think she was a sex offender. Looks are so deceiving.

Rainbow, thanks. Andy Rooney is one of my favorite people.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 Empty Candlelight vigil for missing Morenci boys in Adrian

Post by Nama Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:39 pm

A candlelight vigil is planned in Adrian for three young Michigan brothers who were last seen on Thanksgiving in the care of their now-jailed father.

The mother of 9-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner Skelton says she still believes they're alive and says she's has presents for them under the Christmas tree.

John Skelton is in the Lenawee County jail on parental kidnapping charges. Police say he's made false claims about turning his sons over to another woman.

The vigil is at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Trestle Park band shell.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:52 pm

ADRIAN, Mich. (AP) -- A Michigan man blamed for the disappearance of his three sons will go straight to trial on charges of parental kidnapping.

John Skelton waived his right to a hearing to determine if prosecutors had probable cause to charge him. Court officials in Lenawee County say he informed a judge on Monday, which means a hearing set for Tuesday is canceled.

Skelton's sons -- Alexander, Andrew and Tanner -- haven't been seen since Thanksgiving when they were at his home in Morenci, a town on the Michigan-Ohio border. The father says he gave them to someone from an "organization," although he hasn't identified either.

Skelton is charged with keeping his boys more than 24 hours with the intent of concealing them from their mother. His next court date is Jan. 5.
source:
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:31 am

Article published January 06, 2011
Skelton waives arraignment right
Father of missing boys does not appear in Lenawee Co. court

ADRIAN -- John Skelton of Morenci, charged in the disappearance of his three young sons, has waived his right to an arraignment in Lenawee County Circuit Court.

Mr. Skelton, 39, was to appear Wednesday in court for arraignment on three counts of felony parental kidnapping/custodial interference. However, his attorney, John Glaser, waived Mr. Skelton's appearance late Tuesday.

Judge Margaret Noe Wednesday continued the case to Feb. 9 for a pretrial hearing. Mr. Skelton was not in court. Mr. Glaser Wednesday declined to comment about the case.

The unemployed truck driver has been in the Lenawee County jail in lieu of $30 million bond since Dec. 14 after he was returned to Michigan from the Lucas County jail.

Mr. Skelton is accused of kidnapping his sons Andrew, 9; Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, who were last seen in the backyard at his home Thanksgiving Day. The next day, their mother, Tanya Skelton, 44, told police her sons were missing.

Treated at a Toledo hospital after an apparent suicide attempt at his home, Mr. Skelton testified in December in a civil hearing he gave his sons to someone from an "organization," but he refused to identified either the person or the group.

Judge Noe, who is presiding over the unrelated civil case involving the divorce proceeding between the couple, has slated a hearing for Jan. 28 to determine whether Mr. Skelton should be held in contempt for failing to abide by the visitation order and return the boys to their mother.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 Empty Skelton boys' aunt to Fox 2: Father should 'quit being a coward'

Post by Nama Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:26 pm

19-year-old Courtney Derby, like her mother, Tanya Skelton, wishes she knew what happened to Andrew, Alexander and Tanner.

The boys' sister spoke only with FOX 2.

"The I love yous and the screaming coming out the door. You forgot to give me a kiss. You forgot to hug me. Even snow, rain … the middle one and the youngest always running out the door. No shoes on, mom's yelling get inside, you're going to get sick. They didn't care. They wanted a kiss from their sister. I mean, that's what I miss," said Derby.

The whole family missed Christmas with the boys. It is on hold for now. Just ask the boys' aunt, Tennille, who said there are gifts that will not be unwrapped until they come home.

She had the following to say to John Skelton, the boys' father.

"Quit being a coward because no man would have done what he has done. Don't be a coward. Tell someone," said Tennille McCain.

The boys' mother said she and John never even spanked the boys, so she does not believe he has it in him to hurt them.

She has heard of the sightings, people in Ohio saying they saw all three of the boys. Her impression is that they may not all be together when they are out.

"Whoever has the children may only be taking them out one at a time because they know it's the three missing brothers, the three missing boys, pictures are distributed in threes," said Tanya Skelton. "Don't look at it as a group of three boys, but as them individual."

"I haven't changed my perception of it, but I'm just saying that I'm not willing to close the door on any hope that they're potentially out there," said Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks.

"Go anywhere, I mean just grab someone of the street. Tell them who you are. Tell them you want to come home to your family," Derby said.

Police Chief Weeks said he does continue to hold out hope that there is a chance that the boys still may be alive.

So far, they have received a thousand tips. If you have any information about these boys' whereabouts, you are asked to call police.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:10 pm

I do so hope and pray that these boys are alive and are being taken care of.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:30 pm

I holding onto hope that the Dad did give them to someone because he sounded so bitter about the divorce, maybe 'if I can't have you, then you can't have the boys' to teach her some sick lesson. Whatever lesson he was trying to teach her, he's accomplished it and he's taught the whole country one too - I agree, he's a coward and he needs to come clean for his boys sake!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:50 pm

For the second time since his three young sons went missing in November, John Skelton told a Lenawee County judge Friday that he could not say where the boys are.

"I would ask at this time, Mr. Skelton, if you are prepared to turn the children over to their mother?" Circuit Court Judge Margaret Noe asked.

"I can't," he said after leaning over to consult with his attorney.

Last month, Mr. Skelton, 39, of Morenci told Judge Noe during a similar proceeding that he had turned over Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5, to an individual who came to his house on Thanksgiving night in a van.

He told her he didn't know the person's name, only that the individual belonged to an unnamed "organization."

The lack of information continues to frustrate family and friends desperate to know what has happened to the three brothers.

"It's just a shame that he can't see that he needs to tell, but obviously he feels that he's in control," Kathye Herrera, a family friend and spokesman, said after the hearing.

While silent about his sons, Mr. Skelton made a point of telling the court he did not want to pay his estranged wife, Tanya Skelton, alimony or attorney fees and that the two already had split up their property.

Those comments came after Judge Noe said she signed an order earlier this week granting Ms. Skelton "exclusive use of the marital home and all of the property contained therein until further division is recognized by the court."

Ms. Skelton sat quietly with her attorney, David McFarland, during the brief hearing, a civil proceeding held as part of the Skeltons' pending divorce case. Ms. Skelton, who was accompanied to court by her parents and Ms. Herrera, has said she believes her boys are still alive.

"There's good days and bad. What can you say?" Ms. Herrera said. "You always want to believe the best until you know the worst."

Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks met with the family before Friday's hearing, but had little to tell them.

"He said we're investigating and we want to make sure that this is done in the proper procedures so somebody can't come back and say it was done wrong," Ms. Herrera said. "We don't want John to get away on a technicality. We know they're doing their job, and we're grateful for that."

Chief Weeks declined to comment after the hearing.

Andrew, Alexander, and Tanner were last seen in the backyard of Mr. Skelton's home on Thanksgiving Day.

Their mother reported them missing the next day when her estranged husband failed to bring them to her home. The same day, Mr. Skelton was hospitalized for an injury suffered in an apparent suicide attempt.

On Nov. 30, he was arrested after being discharged from a Toledo hospital and charged with three counts of parental kidnapping. He is being held in the Lenawee County jail in lieu of $30 million bond.

While Mr. Skelton had previously appeared in court in a wheelchair, he walked on his own Friday, although he was limping. Dressed in a red jail jumpsuit, he shook his head as he walked in and saw Ms. Skelton and a number of her family members and friends.

The Skeltons, who were in the process of divorcing when the boys went missing, had agreed in October that Mr. Skelton would have parenting time with the boys after school on Wednesdays until 7 p.m. and from 5 p.m. Friday to 7 p.m. Sunday every other weekend. Judge Noe signed that order Oct. 11 but revoked Mr. Skelton's visitation rights Nov. 29 and gave Ms. Skelton exclusive custody of the boys.

While Ms. Skelton had filed a motion to have Judge Noe declare Mr. Skelton in contempt of court for failing to abide by the visitation order and return the boys to her, the judge postponed acting on the motion Friday and set another pretrial hearing for 8:15 a.m. March 18.

When the judge asked the Skeltons' attorneys whether custody, parenting time, and property continue to be issues, Mr. Skelton's attorney, John Glaser, said he did not wish to represent Mr. Skelton in the divorce, only on the potential contempt charge.

The judge then directed the question to Mr. Skelton, who said he and his estranged wife had "already split up all the property" and he did not understand what issue remained.

Mr. McFarland told the judge personal property and real estate issues need to be settled, but those could wait.

Mr. Skelton later told the judge Ms. Skelton wanted alimony from him "and I'm not paying alimony."

Judge Noe replied that Ms. Skelton was not seeking spousal support but, at Mr. Skelton's insistence, posed that question to Mr. McFarland. He replied, "There are more important issues to discuss at this trial, so no."

The judge said Mr. Skelton would be acting as his own attorney at the March 18 hearing.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:11 am

Mr. Skelton later told the judge Ms. Skelton wanted alimony from him "and I'm not paying alimony."

Judge Noe replied that Ms. Skelton was not seeking spousal support but, at Mr. Skelton's insistence, posed that question to Mr. McFarland. He replied, "There are more important issues to discuss at this trial, so no."
Exactly!! Their 3 boys are Missing on Mr. Skelton's watch and he is talking about alimony that Ms. Skelton isn't even asking for. Plus..she is letting him have the house!! He needs to stop this. Hypnotize him..whatever it takes to get to the truth! What a complete and total jerk and Lousy "father" he is. I seriously think he is "mental"! crazy3
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Those comments came after Judge Noe said she signed an order earlier this week granting Ms. Skelton "exclusive use of the marital home and all of the property contained therein until further division is recognized by the court."

Wrap, the judge awarded the house to Ms. Skelton. I did the same thing--read it as Mr.
the first time.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:50 pm

You're right, Lisette. When I read that, I wondered why she would not want the home and then I thought if the boys never come back, it would be too much of a reminder. Thanks for correcting me.!! Bravo
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 Empty Investigators, family to give update on missing Morenci brothers

Post by Nama Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks announced Monday that his police department has scheduled a press conference to update the media on the “current status” of the investigation into three boys who have been missing for more than two months.

Chief Weeks will discuss the case and “shift in the investigative focus” at 4 p.m. Tuesday in the Morenci Fire Department, 249 West Main St., a press release said.

The Skelton boys — Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5 — have been missing since Thanksgiving Day weekend. Their father, John Skelton, 39, is in the Lenawee County jail, charged with parental kidnapping in their disappearance.

Kathye Herrera, a family friend and spokesman, will also be at the event to talk to media. Mayor Keith Pennington, will talk about the reward fund and fund-raising efforts.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:53 pm

This case baffles me. Somethimes I think it could be that he did give the boys to some "organization" that was convinced by him that the mother was not a good influence (because of her sex offender status by having sex with a 14-year-old boy). There were a couple of "sightings" of the boys, weren't there? But we know how reliable those eyewitness accounts can be. Sarcasm And then I think--No, he must have killed them. I just wish the truth would come out.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:57 am

We have no evidence that these boys are still alive, and I personally think that he killed them, out of spite for their mother. It is very sad that children become the casualties in the "war of the parents", but that is often the case. I agree with you, Lisette, I hope the truth comes out soon!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:26 pm

Case Of Missing Boys Turns Into Murder Investigation
Chief: 'Growing False Hope Caused Me Great Pain'
POSTED: Tuesday, February 1, 2011
UPDATED: 6:01 pm EST February 1, 2011
MORENCI, Mich. -- Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks announced Tuesday afternoon the investigation into three missing brothers has turned into a murder investigation.
Their father, John Skelton, is charged with parental kidnapping in the disappearance.
Nine-year-old Andrew, 7-year-old Alexander and 5-year-old Tanner Skelton were last seen at their father's home in Morenci along the Michigan-Ohio state line on Thanksgiving...
During the news conference Weeks said he knew people would want to know what kind of evidence he had found to determine the case of murder investigation... "The one thing I can share with you is conversations I've had with John Skelton. During those conversations he said he had given the boys to 'The United Foster Outreach and Underground Sanctuaries' organization. ..I have learned there is no such organization. It is just one example of the misinformation we've received from Mr. Skelton."

Read more at:

Last edited by lisette on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 Bilde4-1

Kathye Herrera, the spokesperson for the Skelton family, left, cries after speaking for the family with the help of the family pastor Donna Galloway during the press conference for the investigation of the Missing Skelton boys in Morenci, Mich. on Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2011

The investigation into the disappearance of three missing brothers in Morenci has turned into a murder investigation, Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks announced today.

At a news conference, he said that as information poured in about unconfirmed sightings of the boys, false hope grew in the community. Weeks said the boys' father, John Skelton, who is facing kidnapping charges in their disappearance, gave misinformation to investigators.

He said Skelton told police the boys are with a group called the United Foster Outreach and Underground Sanctuaries -- a group Weeks said investigators have not been able to confirm exists.

"This is no longer a missing persons case, but a murder investigation," said Weeks, who indicated early on into the investigation that he did not anticipate a positive outcome. "I'm sure that when the time is appropriate ... charges will be requested."

ublic so that when farmers go back to their fields in the spring and campers head to campgounds, they are aware that the boys -- Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, ages 9, 7 and 5 -- may still be out there.

The brothers have been missing since Thanksgiving, when the two older brothers were last seen in the backyard of their father’s home. John Skelton, their father, is has been charged with parental kidnapping.

Skelton, police have said, attempted suicide in his home the day after Thanksgiving.

At a court hearing last week, Skelton told a judge that he couldn't return the boys to their mother, Tanya Skelton.

Kathye Herrera, a family spokeswoman, read a passionate statement at the news conference on behalf of the family.

"Days are long and nights are longer," she began. "Emotions are running the gamut from utter dispair to the peaceful feeling that knowing the boys are in a better place."

She said the family learned of the new direction of the investigation Jan. 20. Donna Galloway, the family's pastor at United Methodist in Morenci, said knowing she'll see her boys again some day is comforting to Tanya Skelton.

"She knows that when her time comes, that she faces eternity, they will be waiting there for her," she said.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Rainbow wrote:We have no evidence that these boys are still alive, and I personally think that he killed them, out of spite for their mother. It is very sad that children become the casualties in the "war of the parents", but that is often the case. I agree with you, Lisette, I hope the truth comes out soon!
What the hell is going on with these idiots all claiming that they gave their children to strangers, or nanny's. I just do not think the boys are alive. There has been no real evidence except for a few "sightings". I remember when there were Laci Peterson sightings hrs from her home. Obviously the sightings were wrong then, and I believe in this case also. He may be a non violent person, according to his ex, vindictiveness can cause the devil to come out. The old " If I cannot have them, you cannot happen, I'll show you". How does he sleep at night on his cot,does he see the murders over and over, with regret?
I just want to scream with rage. BS BS soap box soap box soap box soap box
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue61 Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Search For Missing Morenci Boys Now A Murder Investigation

MORENCI, Michigan (Indiana’s NewsCenter) - It was announced Tuesday afternoon that police are changing their focus in the disappearance of three young Skelton brothers and are now conducting a murder investigation.
Tanner, Andrew and Alexander Skelton have been missing since Thanksgiving 2010.
Their father, John Skelton has been charged with kidnapping.
Police based their decision to change the focus of the investigation after talking with Skelton who told him he gave the children to an organization that doesn't exist.
They are now asking farmers to be on the look out this spring for any signs of the children's bodies.

Sue61

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:47 pm

Welcome to VH Sue61! welcome2

This is such a horrible case. I just wish that J. Skelton would come clean w/ LE.

Thanks for posting the above article, could you please post a link with it next time? Thanks so much.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:16 pm

EXCLUSIVE: John Skelton, father of missing boys from Morenci, speaks to Action News from jail

Just over two months ago three young boys went missing from Morenci. Their father, John Skelton, was the last one to see them alive.

Since Tanner, Alexander and Andrew’s disappearance we have heard Skelton utter very few words. Until now.

WATCH THE EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH JOHN SKELTON ON THE LEFT - THERE ARE 3 PARTS

Action News spoke with Skelton from the Lenawee County Jail Tuesday morning just as the chief of police in Morenci, where the boys went missing, announced the missing boys’ case had changed to a murder investigation.

"Just because people are saying that they're making it a murder investigation does not mean that the boys are dead," Skelton said.

John says he gave his sons Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, to a group called "Underground Sanctuary." Investigators do not believe that story.

John says he gave the kids to this mysterious group because he feared his wife, Tanya Skelton, was abusing them.

"The boys told me that Tanya was - they put it - sexing them," Skelton said. "Tried to confirm with Tanya but Tanya wouldn't have anything to do with me."

Police have cleared Tanya, 44, of any wrongdoing. And even as John makes these accusations against her, he tells us he wants to talk to his estranged wife.

"She hasn't talked to me since the 26th of November. I wish she would. I wish she would."

John says he doesn't know where the boys are now, but he's confident they are safe and that Tanya should take him at his word.

"She's not thinking for herself. She's letting people think for her. This last weekend a mutual friend said that she said she still loved me," Skelton said.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:16 pm

]
This is the interview that Action News did with John Skelton via telephone. There's three parts and I think all three are included here. It's hard to hear, FYI.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:45 pm

This guy is sooo full of himself!!

"She's not thinking for herself. She's letting people think for her. This last weekend a mutual friend said that she said she still loved me," Skelton said.
(Copied from raine's post above)

His boys have been missing since Thanksgiving, his wife & family are worried sick... and all he can say is that he heard his wife still loved him?!? Give me a break!! angry
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:40 pm

The Hinkey Meter:
Skelton case: John Skelton tells his ‘story’ from jail
Posted on February 7, 2011 by Valhall

John Skelton, who still hasn’t told authorities where his 3 sons are, granted an interview from the Lenawee County Jail with WXYZ Channel 7 news out of Detroit, Michigan. The full 20 minute phone interview can be heard here.

What you’ll pick up right away is that John Skelton says a lot of things using the same language and says them with the same delivery as Casey Anthony did in her statements in jail house visits with her parents shortly after being arrested for false statement to law enforcement during the investigation of her missing child, Caylee. John, like Casey, also contradicts himself almost in the same breath.

Let’s go over what John says:

* Like Casey Anthony he’s “volunteering” to be in jail. He’s not going to tell where his 3 sons are for their protection. We’ve heard this before, right?
* He’s protecting his sons from their mother, Tanya, who he claims the boys told him was “sexing them”. He also says (while he’s either really crying or faking crying) that he’d never hurt them…and neither would Tanya. So, here’s one of his major contradictions.
* He claims that “these people” (some specific people) from the “organization” (the make believe “Underground Sanctuaries” ) are people he became had friends with and even had their children over night at his house just before handing over his 3 sons to them.
* He claims the reason he won’t help authorities find the 3 boys is that the state will “split them up” and that will be worse than things are now. Even though he also admits in the phone call that he doesn’t know where they are either, which means he would have no idea if they are okay, right?
* He says he didn’t try to kill himself on the days the boys went missing. He says it was an accident. Considering his story was that he tried to hang himself and some how did nothing more than hurt his ankle, that’s an odd accident to happen.
* He states he took this extraordinary measure (turning his 3 boys over to this mysterious people) because “no one was listening to him” and the “system was failing him” and he couldn’t get help considering the alleged “abuse” the boys were suffering at Tanya’s hands. Of course, there will be reports with some agency if that is the case, right? We won’t hold our breath for those reports where John tried to get help.
* Like Casey Anthony he knows “in his heart” that his boys are okay, even though he hasn’t got a clue where they are and the people he turned them over to he knew kind of like the organizations you vet for your child’s summer camp. Yep, that’s what he said, I swear.
* He and Casey Anthony rely heavily, and think other people, like Tanya should rely on their “gut feelings”. He says if Tanya would “go with her gut feeling” instead of listening to other people (like the police involved in the investigation) she would know he would never hurt his babies. He then claims “they were taken from him, too”…but they weren’t, John. You just said you turned them over…that you spent 6 months getting to know these “people”, that you contacted them to help you “protect your sons”…so they haven’t been taken from you, right?
* He bizarrely brings up that Tanya was going to claim the 3 boys on her separate tax return….? He then goes into a long litany of how Tanya never financially contributed to the family’s income…listing everything Tanya got for “free” or paid for by him and other family members. He claims “it’s all about money” with Tanya…it does appear that way, but I don’t think Tanya’s the one obsessing right now on money at this particular point. I find it mind-blowing that John Skelton went off on the resentful rant about who was going to claim the boys in their income tax return when his 3 boys haven’t been seen in over 2 months.
* He sums up with that this past weekend a mutual friend told him that Tanya still loves him and that if she would just stop treating them this way….I guess everything will be okay, I’m not sure what will happen. The news reporter asks him if John would like him to try to find someone connected with this organization (in other words, to help him find his sons, right?). No, John just wants the reporter to “get his voice out there”.

Okay, it’s out there, John. Now, WHERE ARE YOUR SONS, you freak?

Valhall.
References:
Skelton case: Case is now a murder investigation
Posted on February 1, 2011 by Valhall

Morenci Chief of Police Larry Weeks just announced in a press conference that the case into the missing Skelton boys, Andrew, Alexander and Tanner, has turned into a murder investigation. Chief Weeks stated that he had decided to make this announcement because “…the growing false hope of the community has caused me great pain.” Chief Weeks addressed the question he knew all would have as to what evidence he may have found in the investigation to lead to the case being a murder investigation. While he stated that he could not discuss details of an on-going investigation, he pointed to false statements that have been made by John Skelton since the day the children were reported missing. As an example, Chief Weeks finally disclosed the name John Skelton had provided for the “mystery organization” he claims he gave his sons to. He stated it was the “The United Foster Outreach and Underground Sanctuaries” organization. Chief Weeks stated,

I have an enormous amount of resources available and through my investigation I have learned there is no such organization. It is just one example of the misinformation we’ve received from Mr. Skelton.

Chief Weeks stated he did not know when charges would be brought against John Skelton, but stated he is in contact with the prosecutor’s office. Chief Weeks’ statement did not leave room for doubt as to who will be charged in the murder of these three children.

Valhall.
References:
Posted on February 1, 2011 by Valhall

The Morenci Police Department is scheduled to have a news conference this afternoon in which they will be updating the status of the investigation and discussing a “shift in the investigative focus”. The news conference is scheduled for 4 pm ET.

While John Skelton, sperm donor of the three missing boys, and who had possession of them at the time they went missing, and who is suspected of being involved in their disappearance (that should read murder, most likely) refuses to tell where his sons are, he’s more than ready to go toe-to-toe with Tanya Skelton on the issue of alimony. A hearing was held Friday in the child custody issue, which appears to be Tanya’s only recourse for trying to force John to either provide the boys, or tell what happened. The child custody case has turned into a bit of a catch-22 for John.

On November 29, 2010, Tanya Skelton was awarded exclusive custody of the three boys and John Skelton was ordered to produce them for her immediately. This leads to a situation where John can sit in jail indefinitely on contempt of that order, unless he produces the children. In Friday’s hearing Lenawee County Circuit Judge Margaret Noe did not question John on his bullcrap story of a “mysterious organization” taking the three boys, but she did ask him if he was prepared to the turn the boys over to Tanya as ordered. The hearing on Friday was on a child custody contempt charge, and the judge decided to suspend action for the time being….meaning that sword of Damocles continues to hang over his head.

So far the only criminal charges brought against John Skelton have been felony parental kidnapping. The maximum punishment for that is a year and one day in jail. However, under the child custody case, John can be held indefinitely for contempt if he continues to refuse to produce the children.

The only words uttered by John Skelton about his three missing son on Friday were “I can’t”. That was in response to the judge asking “I would like to ask at this time, Mr. Skelton, if you are prepared to turn the children over to the mother?”

But when it came to property division and Tanya’s request for alimony in the divorce case, John got all up in the “chatty”. He had this to say:

Tanya and I already split up the property. She wants attorney fees and I don’t want to pay her attorney fees. She wants alimony and I’m not paying alimony.

The judge then asked Tanya if she was even seeking alimony. Her lawyer responded there were more important issues to discuss….so no. Seems John has his priorities mixed up….along with quite a few other things.

John – where are your sons?

Valhall.

References:

Valhall.

CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 Empty Father of missing Morenci boys due in court on 2-09

Post by Nama Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:17 pm

The father Morenci Police believe is behind the disappearance of his three sons is due back in court Wednesday morning.

John Skelton is scheduled to appear for a pretrial hearing in Lenawee County Court. He is charged with parental kidnapping in the case of his missing sons, Alexander, Andrew and Tanner. They were last seen Thanksgiving Day at their father's house.

At a court appearance in late January, Skelton told a judge that he cannot return the boys to their mother. One month earlier, he told a courtroom that he gave his sons to an organization. He refused to identify the person or group.

Skelton has pleaded not guilty and is being held on $30 million bond.

The Morenci Police Department says the case is now a murder investigation

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:20 pm

Ba$tard. How can he live with himself and sleep at night?? huge waste
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:08 am

BJ♥️OR wrote:At a court appearance in late January, Skelton told a judge that he cannot return the boys to their mother. One month earlier, he told a courtroom that he gave his sons to an organization. He refused to identify the person or group.

Lies crap
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 Empty Pretrial postponed

Post by Nama Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:54 pm

The Pretrial hearing for the southern Michigan father accused of kidnapping his three boys was postponed Wednesday.

39 year old John Skelton of Morenci was in a Lenawee County courtroom on charges of parental kidnapping. The adjournment of the proceedings was agreed to by both the prosecution and the defense. Neither side would comment on why the delay was needed. Nine-year old Andrew, seven-year old Alexander and five-year old Tanner Skelton have been missing since Thanksgiving. Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks announced last week the search for the boys is now a murder investigation. Skelton is scheduled to be back in court on February 23rd.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:58 am

Life prison charges added in John Skelton missing boys prosecution
By Dennis Pelham
Daily Telegram
Posted Feb 23, 2011 @ 07:37 PM
Last update Feb 23, 2011 @ 07:39 PM
Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 G12c0000000000000009b61b78e20900254dd6ba8a6d9e1d31d6d586bab

Prosecutors are wielding a bigger stick in the criminal case against a Morenci father charged in the Thanksgiving disappearance of his three sons.

Kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment counts have been added to the parental kidnapping counts filed against 39-year-old John Skelton in December. Skelton now faces a maximum of three life prison terms if convicted instead of a one-year sentence...

Language in the document charging Skelton with kidnapping the three boys states that he restrained each one “with the intent to take that person outside of this state.”

Poer said he cannot say where Skelton allegedly took them or what happened to them.

“It is an ongoing investigation,” Poer said.

Read more at:
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 Empty John Skelton, father of 3 missing Michigan boys, faces more charges

Post by Nama Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:41 am

John Skelton, father of 3 missing Michigan boys, faces more charges

Morenci, Mich. - Thursday, prosecutors added additional charges to those already faced by John Skelton, the father of three missing Morenci, Michigan boys.

In addition to parental kidnapping, authorities added charges of kidnapping and unlawful imprisonment in connection with Skelton's missing sons.

Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, were reported missing from Skelton’s Morenci home by their mother, Tanya Skelton, 44, on Nov. 26 -- the same day their father allegedly tried to commit suicide. The boys had been visiting him for Thanksgiving.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: John Skelton, father of 3 missing Michigan boys, faces more charges - National Crime | Examiner.com [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:17 am

I think he was jealous of the attention that the boys got from their mom, and decided to make her suffer by getting rid of them. I hope this isn't what happened, but I'm getting the feeling that he is a very self-centered person & I would not be at all surprised! 🇳🇴
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:22 am

It was a matter of minutes that John Skelton was in front of a Lenawee County Circuit Court judge on Wednesday morning. The pre-trial hearing ended with the case being sent back to district court, so Skelton can be arraigned on the new charges. In addition to parental kidnapping, 39-year-old Skelton faces, three counts each of unlawful imprisonment and kidnapping, which carry a life in prison penalty if convicted. 7-year-old Alexander, 5-year-old Tanner and 9-year-old Andrew have been missing since Thanksgiving. Their father maintains that he does not know where they are.

Read more at:
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:50 am

Their father maintains that he does not know where they are.

This is such a crock!!!He had said he had taken them so some community of something before..and now he doesn't know??? I hope they are alive but hope is fading fast. This is NO father. This is a very dangerous, maniacal person who is only out for himself. I hope he gets the DP x 3!!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:12 am

In addition to parental kidnapping, 39-year-old Skelton faces, three counts each of unlawful imprisonment and kidnapping, which carry a life in prison penalty if convicted.
At least he won't be free, even if he's never charged with murder. That is, if's he's convicted... Fingers Crossed
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:33 am

The father of three missing boys from Morenci will be in court Friday.
John Skelton, who is charged with parental kidnapping in the case of his three missing sons, is scheduled to appear for a divorce hearing with his estranged wife, Tanya Skelton, to deal with custody, property and alimony issues.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:28 am

That should be very interesting, considering he was the last person to see his boys. I wonder what story he will come up with now? He needs to tell the truth so those little ones can be laid to rest properly. I have my doubts about his sanity.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Andrew, Alexander & Tanner Skelton missing/ John Skelton, Father Of 3 Missing Morenci Boys, Pleads No Contest To Unlawful Imprisonment/ Father of 3 missing Mich. boys gets 10-15 years - Page 4 Empty June 7 trial date in the divorce case

Post by Nama Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:55 pm

A Lenawee County Circuit Court judge set a June 7 trial date in the divorce case involving John and Tanya Skelton of Morenci, Mich.

John Skelton was back in court Friday morning with his estranged wife Tanya before Judge Margaret Noe for a hearing to identify any matters that might come up in the trial. The issues are custody, parenting time, property and contempt.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:42 am

By Dennis Pelham
ADRIAN, Mich. —

A legal battle over keeping secrets in the investigation of three missing Morenci boys is not over.

A trial was set Monday in Lenawee County Circuit Court for Detroit television station WDIV’s lawsuit, seeking access to search warrant documents. Attorneys for WDIV have claimed documents involving a search of John Skelton’s home should be made public. A prosecutor asked to seal the documents “to protect the ongoing investigation and to protect the privacy of the victims.”

WDIV claimed police searched Skelton’s home on Nov. 30, several days after his three sons were reported missing by their mother, Tanya Skelton. The couple are divorcing and John Skelton later said he gave sons Andrew, 9, Alexander, 7, and Tanner, 5, to an “organization” for protection.

Morenci police announced in February the investigation has been refocused from a missing persons case to a homicide case while efforts continue to locate the boys.

A dispute over keeping secret the results of a search of John Skelton’s home went to circuit court after District Judge James E. Sheridan denied WDIV’s requests.
An agreement was reached at a Dec. 28 hearing that district court and the Lenawee County Prose­cutor’s Office would follow state law with respect to releasing search warrant documents.

On Jan. 6, Sheridan signed an order submitted by Prosecutor Jonathan Poer, sealing “any and all search warrant documents” for 180 days or until the conclusion of the investigation, “whichever first occurs.”

Circuit Judge Margaret M.S. Noe made it clear Monday the Dec. 28 agreement did not settle WDIV’s suit. She ordered district court to file an answer by April 22 and scheduled a one-day trial for Aug. 2. Any pre-trial motions are to be heard and ruled upon by July 1.

Attorneys had conflicting opinions whether the case was closed on Dec. 28.

Adrienne Iddings, representing district court, argued Monday there must be a claim the court had done something in violation of the law in order to seek a reopening.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:06 pm

This guy needs to start talking and start talking NOW!! Enough already w/the "they are with a friend" or whatever his latest lie is. He is like a male Casey Anthony. Perish the thought.

Those 3 little boys make me think of my 3 little grandson's and what I would do if this happened to them. OMG, I would be a basket case!!!

I don't care if they get a divorce, stay married or whatever...these boys Need to be found. I have some doubts about the local LE as I lived in Toledo very briefly a long time ago and they left a lot to be desired. Maybe they've stepped up to the plate. Wish this idiot would!! angry
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next