Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patricia Lopez,17, kills preemie with scissors, buries in shallow grave/ Lopez has plead GUILTY & w/be sentenced July 31.

+6
Nama
Slys Hunny
HippieChick
Wrapitup
raine1953
CritterFan1
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Patricia Lopez,17, kills preemie with scissors, buries in shallow grave/ Lopez has plead GUILTY & w/be sentenced July 31. - Page 3 Empty Re: Patricia Lopez,17, kills preemie with scissors, buries in shallow grave/ Lopez has plead GUILTY & w/be sentenced July 31.

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:46 pm

As for the fit of inner momentas at VH I personally like the fact that a difference of opinion is welcome here (Lord knows Ive not agreed with everyone) but i dont like the nobody cares what I think attitude. I for one have read all of his posts and partially agreed and disagreed with his sentiments but this isnt a place for an ego boost(although I do get one frequently...I feel loved!!!) I do think a forum against the DP would be a better fit, but if he decides to stay I may have to start arguing my point of view alot more! LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH AND LET IT BEGIN WITH ME!!! Sometimes peace comes by perging the bad!!!
BBM
Could not agree more.

Innermomentus is taking a break from VH for awhile.

Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Patricia Lopez,17, kills preemie with scissors, buries in shallow grave/ Lopez has plead GUILTY & w/be sentenced July 31. - Page 3 Empty Re: Patricia Lopez,17, kills preemie with scissors, buries in shallow grave/ Lopez has plead GUILTY & w/be sentenced July 31.

Post by laga Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:36 pm

As for the fit of inner momentas at VH I personally like the fact that a difference of opinion is welcome here (Lord knows Ive not agreed with everyone) but i dont like the nobody cares what I think attitude. I for one have read all of his posts and partially agreed and disagreed with his sentiments but this isnt a place for an ego boost(although I do get one frequently...I feel loved!!!) I do think a forum against the DP would be a better fit, but if he decides to stay I may have to start arguing my point of view alot more! LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH AND LET IT BEGIN WITH ME!!! Sometimes peace comes by perging the bad!!!

Amen!!!
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:42 pm

I was so afraid when I wrote that it would be taken the wrong way ...I should have known better!
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:45 pm

Wrapitup wrote:
BBM
Could not agree more.

Innermomentus is taking a break from VH for awhile.

I guess that means we've been PERGED!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:51 pm

is it wrong to ROFLMAO ??????? I do not think so
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:56 pm

chug ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO wink
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:30 am

STOCKTON - A Holt teenager who stabbed her newborn baby to death after secretly giving birth has pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.

Patricia Lopez, who was 17 at the time, entered a guilty plea Thursday in exchange for a lighter sentence.

She will get 16 years to life in prison, avoiding a potential 26-years-to-life sentence had a jury found her guilty of premeditated murder.

Lopez was a high school senior when she reportedly gave birth to a girl on the bathroom floor of her family's mobile home in a small farming community on Highway 4 west of Stockton and north of Tracy.

Lopez, who had concealed her pregnancy, was home alone that February 2011 day.

San Joaquin County coroner's reports indicate the full-term baby, identified in court papers as Baby Jane Doe, had been stabbed in her chest and had scissor cuts on the neck.

Authorities say Lopez then buried the dead infant in her backyard before her family came home.

Lopez, now 19, was charged as an adult when the crime was uncovered.

According to her relatives, Lopez was a studious girl with dreams of becoming a doctor. She wasn't a troublemaker. She wasn't allowed to have a boyfriend.

The father of the baby, schoolmate Maximilano Navarro, testified that Lopez told him she had miscarried. He learned differently when the murder story appeared in television news reports.

Lopez's account of what happened unraveled after she was treated at a clinic for complications related to childbirth.

In an police interview, Lopez originally claimed the baby was stillborn. She later admitted to taking the child's life.

Lopez told police she used a pair of scissors to stab the baby. She took a shower and combed her hair as the infant died, police said.

"The crime was extremely violent," said San Joaquin County Deputy District Attorney Claire Van Vuren. "Which is why she is deserving of a life sentence."

But as the July trial approached, Lopez decided to accept a plea deal.

"When the evidence is overwhelming, sometimes we just give a person an opportunity to resolve the case before proceeding to trial," Van Vuren said.

Lopez's age at the time of the crime was a factor considered in the plea offer. She will be eligible for parole after serving 16 years.

Lopez is scheduled to be sentenced July 31.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:20 pm

Lopez told police she used a pair of scissors to stab the baby. She took a shower and combed her hair as the infant died, police said.

"The crime was extremely violent," said San Joaquin County Deputy District Attorney Claire Van Vuren. "Which is why she is deserving of a life sentence."

But as the July trial approached, Lopez decided to accept a plea deal.

"When the evidence is overwhelming, sometimes we just give a person an opportunity to resolve the case before proceeding to trial," Van Vuren said.

Lopez's age at the time of the crime was a factor considered in the plea offer. She will be eligible for parole after serving 16 years.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I sure wish they hadn't allowed her to cop a plea. Sixteen years is nothing, she'll still be able to bear children and murder them. My vote is send this b**** to rot in prison for life, it's much more humane than what she did to that poor baby.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:42 pm

agreed agreed agreed
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:04 pm

I guess as a woman who had a baby at 15 and was scared to death to tell anyone I have a little more sympathy. I just know what a difference having my first at 15 to my last at 34. Shes a girl with alot to learn . Im more scared what she will learn in prison
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:13 pm

Slys, I understand what you are saying but this girl literally stabbed her newborn and then took a shower while the baby (premmie) layed there dying. There is an Enormous difference between being "scared to death" and pre-meditated, cold blooded murder to a little baby. She took a shower? That floors me!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3