Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

+12
raine1953
charminglane
adelacruz
TerryRose
Bombshell
Heike
Nama
laga
artgal16
lisette
jeanne1807
Wrapitup
16 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 8 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

I think I read somewhere that Sims has a daughter graduating this year. So she might be there to see her graduate.

jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 8 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

Post by artgal16 Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:58 pm

I think Dr Drew has Padilla on and Padilla is on several other shows and is now producing a special on the case - leave no stone unturned to exploit this Padilla
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:24 pm

2 fold question of the day: Why wasn't your pig in a blanket = priceless
Jury members appeared to be upset at kc laughing
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:30 pm

artgal16 wrote:It just hit me a question since the opening statement by Baez. How long has the defense known that Caylee was dead? This never occurred to me before, but if Baez has known from the very beginning that Caylee was dead, then they also knew that without a body that Casey would have a much better chance of getting acquitted. Or, possibly Leonard Padillas crazy theory that Kronk was told by his girlfriend who worked at the jail the vicinity of Caylees body - using Kronk as a kind of patsy to find the body and then throw suspicion on him like they are doing now. When did Baez know Caylee was dead?

Very good point! They also KNEW that the nanny story was a lie, yet they continued to publish that lie. I am going to look up and ask my daughter about atty/client priviledge and their duty if they knew the location of the body.

This also occured to me today, isn't it ironic that simple garbage in the trunk of kc's car caused such a stink that has lasted until now, yet there has been no stink reported in anyone else's car and the defense has stated the body was in the possession of geo, kronk and now they are implying another had the body or kidnapped Caylee or?????? Point being the defense wants us to believe kc's car stinks from garbage but whatever car carried the remains for disposal never had a noticable smell.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

snipped---

Also, just because an attorney may not divulge the privileged communication does not mean that he can subborn perjury. The ethical rules prohibit an attorney from taking testimony from a witness he knows to be false. This may have particular significance in a criminal case if the client has admitted guilt to his attorney and then attempts to deny the guilt under oath at trial. Also, the privilege does not support hiding physical evidence of a crime.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 8 Empty Casey Anthony Defense Expert Contradicts State Entomologist/ Defense Works To Poke Holes In Prosecution's Theories

Post by Wrapitup Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:39 pm

POSTED: Friday, June 17, 2011
UPDATED: 5:56 pm EDT June 17, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The defense began day 21 of the Casey Anthony murder trial with a forensic entomologist.

Dr. Tim Huntington was the first defense witness called to the stand Friday morning. Huntington is a certified forensic entomologist and a professor at Concordia University in Nebraska.

Huntington said he was called by Anthony’s defense team on Dec. 11, 2008, the day Caylee Anthony's remains were found. He said he arrived in Orlando on Dec. 13.

Huntington said the entomological evidence indicates that Caylee Anthony's body was moved to the wooded area where her remains were found after decomposition began. He said, if she had fully decomposed in the spot where her remains were found, there would have been a stain from decompositional fluids.

Huntington also said evidence in the trunk of Anthony's car indicate a body did not decompose in the car. The defense claims the smell from the trunk was from a bag of trash. Prosecutors say it came from the girl's body.

The defense's expert witness also testified about what he'd expect to see in the trunk of a car with a decomposing body, based on research about what happened to decomposing pigs inside car trunks.

In that research, which took place in September 2010 in Nebraska, Huntington put dead pigs in the trunks of cars and observed them as they decomposed. He referenced finding blow flies, or the first type of flies drawn to decomposing material, soon after death. He also noted the presence of a pronounced stain of decomposition fluid on the carpeting of the trunk.

He said he would expect to see the same things in a trunk with a decomposing human body.

"If we assume that a body was in the (Anthony) trunk, you expect to find many flies," Huntington said. "... I would expect to find hundreds, thousands of those dead insects as I did in the experiment."

Huntington described the decomposition fluid he observed in the pig experiment as distinct.

"It is a sticky, greasy, disgusting material," he said. "Once it soaks in there, I'm not sure a professional cleaner could get it out."

Huntington reviewed reports made by prosecution bug expert Neal Haskell but never examined the trunk himself. Also, the pig research was conducted during September in Nebraska and not in Florida's hot summer months, when Caylee Anthony was reported missing.
Anthony’s defense claimed during opening statements that meter reader Roy Kronk somehow obtained Caylee’s body and held onto it for months before placing it in the woods to obtain reward money when he reported finding it.

Huntington said he received much of the same entomological evidence that state expert Dr. Neal Haskell studied in the case.
On Saturday, Haskell testified that a decomposing body had been in Anthony’s trunk for a few days before being removed.

Haskell said that entomological evidence showed that Caylee’s body had been in the woods off Suburban Drive around six months before her remains were found in December 2008.

Haskell said entomological evidence found on a paper towel found in the garbage in the trunk of Anthony's car was used to clean up decompositional fluid, but on Friday, Huntington suggested the flies in the bag were attracted to a container of "tobacco spit."

He also noted food in the bag that could have attracted flies.

Huntington said the most important fly involved in decomposition is the Blow fly.

“Blow flies specifically key in on dead animals, these are the blue and green flies you see buzzing around road kill,” Huntington said.
Huntington said they show up very soon after death -- within minutes or hours.

Huntington said the Blow fly evidence indicates Caylee's body was moved after her death.

Huntington is a former student of Haskell's, but that fact was not told to jurors.

The defense began presenting evidence on Thursday with several crime scene investigators and FBI forensics experts. Lead defense attorney Jose Baez attempted to poke holes in theories presented by the state.

Anthony, 25, is charged with first degree murder Caylee's death. If convicted, she could face the death penalty.

Meanwhile, convicted kidnapper Vasco Thompson held a news conference Friday morning. Thompson has been listed as a defense witness because phone records indicated that Anthony's father, George Anthony called Thompson's phone in July 2008.

Thompson's attorney, Matt Morgan, said Thomas did not have that phone number until 2009 and he has never had communication with a member of the Anthony family.

Morgan said Thompson's kidnapping charge stemmed from a domestic dispute with his ex-girlfriend and did not involve children.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Yellow handled garbage bags..like Caylee was found in. crying

This man has a real anger problem. Needs some help.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:04 pm

laga wrote:
Thanks for all the updates about the cross, I am missing it, watching grands...

Laga! OMG, hahaha, I was WRACKING my brain to try to remember where on earth a CROSS + came into this case for a few sconds only, but wow, I was scratching my head, a CROSS, what, where the hell have I been?....hahahaha
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:05 pm

"Huntington is a former student of Haskell's, but that fact was not told to jurors".

Why did the Pros. not ask him this on the stand, I wonder?
I am feeling angst over juror #4 tonight. And, why in the heck would jurors 3&4 close their notebooks today when it was the Pros. turn, as stated above?

Last edited by cherylz on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:09 pm

No problem Heike, always happy to oblige, my words don't always come out of my brain onto the screen the way I want them to. crazy3 Glad to give you haha! We all need one at this point.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:29 pm

laga wrote:No problem Heike, always happy to oblige, my words don't always come out of my brain onto the screen the way I want them to. crazy3 Glad to give you haha! We all need one at this point.

Indeed we do, but it was my overstimulation and spin, your words were just fine, my brain on the other hand.... hahaha, but for those seconds I was like, a CROSS? What? hahahaha
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 pm

cherylz wrote:"Huntington is a former student of Haskell's, but that fact was not told to jurors".

I am feeling angst over juror #4 tonight. And, why in the heck would jurors 3&4 close their notebooks today when it was the Pros. turn, as stated above?

I have a theory...WHAT IF these jurors know that prosecution will present with clarity and they will be able to absorb and assimilate their context...but the defense it is so absurd, they want to write it down to use as arguments in favor of a FIRST DEGREE MURDER conviction.....

I know, a bit of a stretch, hahaha, or a dream....but everyone is so unique, who knows? I find it a bit of a worry too. As I would be a note taker as a juror, and it would be for the whole thing!
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:42 pm

artgal16 wrote:
It just hit me a question since the opening statement by Baez. How long has the defense known that Caylee was dead? This never occurred to me before, but if Baez has known from the very beginning that Caylee was dead, then they also knew that without a body that Casey would have a much better chance of getting acquitted. Or, possibly Leonard Padillas crazy theory that Kronk was told by his girlfriend who worked at the jail the vicinity of Caylees body - using Kronk as a kind of patsy to find the body and then throw suspicion on him like they are doing now. When did Baez know Caylee was dead?
AND.....IF Baez was told this entire story back in July of 2008 why didn't he contact the authorities immediately and tell them of Caylee's death and that George forced Casey to go along with "hiding the body". Isn't hiding a body and letting LE search for Caylee for months obstruction of justice or "something"? Bottom line.....Baez should have reported George's crimes to LE and fought to get his victim client released from, jail. Or, Casey and George could have shared a family cell since IMO they would have both been guilty of a crime. If Casey is should happen to be acquitted then George should be locked up for what he did. I know, I'm rambling!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:44 pm

cherylz wrote:"Huntington is a former student of Haskell's, but that fact was not told to jurors".

If the vote is 10 to 2 we will know. Juror #4 has always been a problem. I think.

3 and 4 have become quite friendly. I know who 4 is..the never judge lady but does anybody remember juror 3?
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Seat 3
Juror # 1055
» White female, age 32, who has moved back in with her mom
» Student in RN program
» Has little knowledge of, nor interest in, case
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:56 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you Jeanne for sharing this; it is interesting...and actually amazing to me how the human spirit can rise up to even cope as well as they did, when their lives were totally shattered 3 weeks before and the whole reality for those weeks was surreal and incredible and desperately agonizing!

I find George's behavior completely reasonable--he was angry with the press infringing every day into their personal agony, spinning them negatively and only being there for one reason, to sensationalize their tragedy. They were often far more invasive, as well as the public...just a total INSANE MOB reality. But for them, they were just a normal family who are now missing the light of their life and scared to death...doing what we do when we are desperate, embrace hope...trying to deal with what I am convinced was only handled by being stuffed down by denial.

I am a very level person, and aside from my teenage years, could count on one hand (ok, MAYBE two) the times I have been enraged enough to raise my voice in my life. But I am also very much about justice and principle...if I was in that situation, god knows, I do not know how I would behave, may well have been the peacekeeper, as Cindy was trying to be, but I can imagine blowing my cool with people who did not give a sh** about my grandchild missing, but about their story.

I do not for one second find George's anger unwarranted, he had a very GOOD reason to ask these people to back off, to be angry...but of course they all need help and support. If my daughter killed my grandchild, and it became the biggest trial since OJ, I think I would need a whole lot of help?

xoxo
Heike
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:58 pm

cherylz wrote:Why did the Pros. not strike #4? I do not know who #3 is, off hand.

Darn I knew but now I forget. I do know she was in and they could not get her out and they tried like crazy. I think it was something about the law..
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:05 pm

Heike wrote:
jeanne1807 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thank you Jeanne for sharing this; it is interesting...and actually amazing to me how the human spirit can rise up to even cope as well as they did, when their lives were totally shattered 3 weeks before and the whole reality for those weeks was surreal and incredible and desperately agonizing!

I find George's behavior completely reasonable--he was angry with the press infringing every day into their personal agony, spinning them negatively and only being there for one reason, to sensationalize their tragedy. They were often far more invasive, as well as the public...just a total INSANE MOB reality. But for them, they were just a normal family who are now missing the light of their life and scared to death...doing what we do when we are desperate, embrace hope...trying to deal with what I am convinced was only handled by being stuffed down by denial.

I am a very level person, and aside from my teenage years, could count on one hand (ok, MAYBE two) the times I have been enraged enough to raise my voice in my life. But I am also very much about justice and principle...if I was in that situation, god knows, I do not know how I would behave, may well have been the peacekeeper, as Cindy was trying to be, but I can imagine blowing my cool with people who did not give a sh** about my grandchild missing, but about their story.

I do not for one second find George's anger unwarranted, he had a very GOOD reason to ask these people to back off, to be angry...but of course they all need help and support. If my daughter killed my grandchild, and it became the biggest trial since OJ, I think I would need a whole lot of help?

xoxo
Heike

I know of many families that have had terrible things happen to them and they never went into their driveways and argued with the crowds. Closing the garage door and going into their home would have been the way to handle that situation.

The Anthonys brought a lot of that commotion in their front yard on themselves by appearing as they did.

When you have a tragedy happen you can't go on as normal and expect to be able to take your trash out when there are a crowd of reporters camped out on your lawn.

Personally I think we got a glance at what went wrong in the Anthony home. George raged and Cindy fixed. Casey ruled and Caylee probably hid.

This was not a normal family by any means. They were disfunction junction.

MOO
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:17 pm

I never felt the same about geo and cindy that Heike did, but not because they wanted to take their garbage to the street, not because they got angry with protesters (those are the ones that need "help" IMO). The reason I did not "support" geo and cindy is because i could not understand how they could continue to believe the lies kc was telling, how they could continue to enable her. To this day I think they could have made a difference by forcing her to TELL THE TRUTH or at least trying to. They have only come to the realization of what happen when the defense went with a lie they KNEW was a lie, if the defense had gone with a different lie, well, the trial might be completely different.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:29 pm

BJ wrote:
artgal16 wrote:
It just hit me a question since the opening statement by Baez. How long has the defense known that Caylee was dead? This never occurred to me before, but if Baez has known from the very beginning that Caylee was dead, then they also knew that without a body that Casey would have a much better chance of getting acquitted. Or, possibly Leonard Padillas crazy theory that Kronk was told by his girlfriend who worked at the jail the vicinity of Caylees body - using Kronk as a kind of patsy to find the body and then throw suspicion on him like they are doing now. When did Baez know Caylee was dead?
AND.....IF Baez was told this entire story back in July of 2008 why didn't he contact the authorities immediately and tell them of Caylee's death and that George forced Casey to go along with "hiding the body". Isn't hiding a body and letting LE search for Caylee for months obstruction of justice or "something"? Bottom line.....Baez should have reported George's crimes to LE and fought to get his victim client released from, jail. Or, Casey and George could have shared a family cell since IMO they would have both been guilty of a crime. If Casey is should happen to be acquitted then George should be locked up for what he did. I know, I'm rambling!

BJ, I think that this LAME, last ditch effort to have a defense, which is clearly badly planned, came in recent times, (6 wks before trial?) I do not know when Casey admitted Caylee was dead...but I doubt it was early on...I speculate that she had to be cajoled all to hell and back to even admit the Zanny story was a lie...as they had to ask her if she wanted to lose her life on a story that they could not defend? I imagine they used the psychiatrists to pull something else from her that could work and this is why they did want them deposed...OR if they are so completely evil, they planted the new story for her to accept and allow them to take their spin to a trial they are desperate to have defense for?

With the TRUTH on the side of the State, they have NO choice but to build a defense on lies?
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:31 pm

because JA didn't make the hung jury argument and since she is AA the defense used that to keep her

This is the answer I am getting.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:45 pm

lindamarie wrote:Seat 3
Juror # 1055
» Student in RN program

Thank you LM. I have been reading that these two jurors have become fast friends. How will they vote?

#3 little knowledge and interest in case
#4 Can't judge and didn't want to be on the jury

What does everybody think jurors like this do? My guess would be to go with the lesser sentence of Manslaughter?

What is the prison sentence for second degree manslaughter in the state of florida?
In: Law & Legal Issues [Edit categories]

New Matt Nathanson MusiciTunes.apple.com/MattNathanson
Pre-order Matt Nathanson's new album, Modern Love on iTunes 6/21.

Ads Improve
Answer:

Up to 15 years in prison and a $10,000 fine plus court costs.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:51 pm

laga wrote:I never felt the same about geo and cindy that Heike did, but not because they wanted to take their garbage to the street, not because they got angry with protesters (those are the ones that need "help" IMO). The reason I did not "support" geo and cindy is because i could not understand how they could continue to believe the lies kc was telling, how they could continue to enable her. To this day I think they could have made a difference by forcing her to TELL THE TRUTH or at least trying to. They have only come to the realization of what happen when the defense went with a lie they KNEW was a lie, if the defense had gone with a different lie, well, the trial might be completely different.

I understand, Laga...but in the end, we know they loved Caylee unequivocally....and deeply. But they, also, of course, love their daughter ...they remember her as baby and a little girl and all the things that go with raising a child for all of those years...I do think it was incredibly HUGE denial, and that seems so incredible to us. But I have never been down that road, what happened to them, and how it was spun, and their lives from one day to the next being under a microscope in the world (!) and a lot of lies about who they know they are. It may have made them cling to denial even more, as the spin was all bullshit to them. Casey's guilt was a part of all of the rest...and they could not comprehend it. The human spirit forces HOPE where it can...and I just think that as long as Casey was giving them that, they took it and could not let go of HOPE that this was all going to end differently. It seems crazy to us...but....

I am a very rational and analytical person, yet I can tell you that there have been times where I have somehow found a way to believe, that my sister is not really gone...that this is all a big mistake...and I know it was because at that time it was the only way I could cope. My sister's death was sudden and devastating, but I had none of this drama...and spin and nationwide insanity. But when I needed denial, I found it, not ever for a long time, but for a night...to survive it. It happened, so in some strange way I get it.

I still have times where even though I know it is true, I just give myself a break, and feel a strange sense of denial that I cannot explain. I imagine that the A's had some form of this and likely even more, as I was not dealing with someone I love killing my sister.

I just feel their pain and loss, I too wish they could have come to terms sooner, but I cannot judge them for their denial, I have not walked in their shoes.

xoxo
Heike
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:55 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:
lindamarie wrote:Seat 3
Juror # 1055
» Student in RN program

Thank you LM. I have been reading that these two jurors have become fast friends. How will they vote?

#3 little knowledge and interest in case
#4 Can't judge and didn't want to be on the jury

What does everybody think jurors like this do? My guess would be to go with the lesser sentence of Manslaughter?

What is the prison sentence for second degree manslaughter in the state of florida?
In: Law & Legal Issues [Edit categories]

New Matt Nathanson MusiciTunes.apple.com/MattNathanson
Pre-order Matt Nathanson's new album, Modern Love on iTunes 6/21.

Ads Improve
Answer:

Up to 15 years in prison and a $10,000 fine plus court costs.

We have to remember that once they deliberate, they will all be under the influence of the majority...so a weak juror in terms of not really caring or getting it...will likely be swayed. It is only a juror who is adamant on principle who could be a problem.
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:37 am

cherylz wrote:I am so sick of Bozo's smirks, head shakes and neck cracks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's my solution to the bobblehead problem... the BOZO Punching Bag!

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:55 am

NiteSpinR wrote:
cherylz wrote:I am so sick of Bozo's smirks, head shakes and neck cracks.

Here's my solution to the bobblehead problem... the BOZO Punching Bag!

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:43 am

Ah, BJ there is a striking resemblance. Does this bobble-head roll his eyes too? His other trait that annoys me to no end!!

Jeanne, I had heard that race played an issue in allowing that juror to stay, but was not 100% sure of how I had heard that. Big, in fact could be a huge blunder on JA's part to not use mistrial as a reason for strike.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:06 am

The flooding from Hurricane Faye probably carried the body from it's original placement...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:07 am

Good morning!

Found some interesting items on Wesh.com

Reasonable Doubt
Dear Judge Eaton: Please define reasonable doubt. Isn't that subjective? -- Tutti

The Florida standard jury instructions defining reasonable doubt is as follows: Whenever the words reasonable doubt are used you must consider the following: A reasonable doubt is not a mere possible doubt, a speculative, imaginary or forced doubt. Such a doubt must not influence you to return a verdict of not guilty if you have an abiding conviction of guilt. On the other hand, if, after carefully considering, comparing and weighing all the evidence, there is not an abiding conviction of guilt, or if, having a conviction, it is one which is not stable but one which wavers and vacillates, then the charge is not proved beyond every reasonable doubt and you must find the defendant not guilty because the doubt is reasonable. It is to the evidence introduced in this trial, and to it alone, that you are to look for that proof. A reasonable doubt as to the guilt of the defendant may arise from the evidence, conflict in the evidence or the lack of evidence. If you have a reasonable doubt, you should find the defendant not guilty. If you have no reasonable doubt, you should find the defendant guilty. -- Judge O.H. Eaton

More interesting points[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:09 am

He helped establish the Body Farm but is no longer there? Maybe some "bad blood" between him and the ones still there?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:13 am

Yes, Lisette, when JP motioned for the sidebar, all slunked down in his chair, he looked like an upset child hahaha (I love him, but it's true!)
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:14 am

Ashton we have a "Discovery issue" meaning something in expert's testimony conflicting with earlier depositions. Sidebar.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:15 am

JP just wants to get on with it, but he's got to realize that Bozo is eliciting testimony from these witnesses that was not in their reports, and JA has a right to object. JA is in this position because of Bozo's tardiness in submitting the reports in the first place...JP said that because of that, the experts could only testify as to what was in their reports! Now JP is so afraid of an overturn on appeal, that he is backing away from that...He has to expect JA to have issues!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:18 am

cherylz wrote:Ah, BJ there is a striking resemblance. Does this bobble-head roll his eyes too? His other trait that annoys me to no end!!

Jeanne, I had heard that race played an issue in allowing that juror to stay, but was not 100% sure of how I had heard that. Big, in fact could be a huge blunder on JA's part to not use mistrial as a reason for strike.

Cheryl, what are you referring to with JA...I think I missed this, thanks!
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next