Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

+12
raine1953
charminglane
adelacruz
TerryRose
Bombshell
Heike
Nama
laga
artgal16
lisette
jeanne1807
Wrapitup
16 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 14 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:58 am

by laga Today at 9:50
artgal, I think you hit the nail on the head, that is a tactic the defense is trying, trying to drag the case on as long as possible and make the state's case a distant memory and make the jury want to get it over with as soon as possible, thus the deliberations might not be as in depth as they would otherwise be.
I agree good post It\\'s Not Fair
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 14 Empty Re: Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~ Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches

Post by artgal16 Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:00 am

Court is in recess until the rest of the day! Wow JP has a big problem with the defense - lost a whole day and the JP is going to make them work all day saturday shorter lunches, etc.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:02 am

Unreal!!! How many times have they recessed or ended early due to the defense?? One entire day wasted!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 14 Empty Judge In Casey Anthony Trial Ends Day Early

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:09 am

POSTED: Monday, June 20, 2011
UPDATED: 11:03 am EDT June 20, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The defense on Monday was scheduled to resume its case in the trial of Casey Anthony, who's accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, but an issue ended with the judge admonishing both sides and calling a recess until 10:25 a.m and then recessing for the day at 11 a.m. with no witnesses being called.
Day 23 began with Judge Belvin Perry listening to arguments for almost 25 minutes before asking prosecutor Jeff Ashton and defense attorney Jose Baez to look at the clock and tell him the time. Ashton said 9:25, while Baez responded 9:26, which prompted the judge to say, "That shows the two of you will never agree on anything."
Perry called for a recess until 9 a.m. Tuesday.

Perry then admonished both sides for gamesmanship, saying they were wasting the jury's time with legal matters that should have been resolved before court began. Perry also said they will work a full day on Saturday.

"It is quite evident there is a friction between attorney's that is something i guess the Florida bar will deal with, and at the conclusion of this trial, this court will deal with violations which may or may not have occurred, but it is not proper for the court to deal with it now," Perry said.

Perry reminded attorneys that testimony from all expert witnesses has to be in reports submitted to the other side, an issue that also came up over the weekend.

The defense on Saturday called Dr. William Cesar Renado Rodriguez III, a forensic anthropologist employed by the U.S. Department of Defense Armed Forces Medical Examiner's Office, to the stand. Rodriguez said he was an unpaid consultant and detailed his background in dealing with human decomposition, which includes being the co-founder of the "Body Farm" in Tennessee, where decomposition is studied.

Rodriguez said the collection of evidence of Caylee's remains was very thorough, but he said reports failed to detail where her body was initially placed in the woods. He said it's important to find the exact location because that area may show evidence of decomposition and any trace evidence, such as fibers and clothing.
Rodriguez said he's also had numerous experiences in dealing with bodies bound by duct tape.

The state then objected, and a sidebar was called. Judge Belvin Perry excused the jury and asked Rodriguez about the comments he was going to make about duct tape. It was the third sidebar within the first 30 minutes of Saturday's proceedings, and Perry appeared to be very frustrated with the attorneys.

"Dr. Rodriguez, what opinion were you about to express with the duct tape?" Perry asked.

"That the positioning of the duct tape as it was found in the pictures in the medical examiner's office, the duct tape is in two different positions. Unless it was in a varied context, one cannot make an absolute finding in the positioning of the duct tape, one cannot make a determination as to the restriction of the duct tape, whether it was around the areas of the eyes and mouth," Rodriguez said.

Rodriguez didn't include his expert opinion in his report, something required by Perry in a court order issued in January.

"It appears to me that this was quite intentional," Perry said. "It was not inadvertent. The question is whether Casey Anthony should be punished by this."

Perry said case law allows for contempt or instructing the jury of the issue and allowing them to decide the credibility of the witness.
He then decided that Rodriguez could later testify after being deposed by the state after Saturday's proceedings ended. Perry said he will determine after the trial if Baez will be held in contempt for asking Rodriguez to testify about a matter that wasn't in his report and, therefore, unknown by the state.

The defense then called renowned forensic expert Dr. Werner Spitz, who said the autopsy performed on Caylee was "shoddy." Spitz also said that duct tape prosecutors claim suffocated the girl was not applied until after the child's body decomposed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bombshell Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:32 am

Good morning all........ we didn't have these kinds of problems with the State's case. Could it be State had all the reports turned in on time?
This kind of crap worries me....
Bombshell
Bombshell

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:50 am

This makes me so mad! Hubby is finally home from the hospital and I don't have to go to Mom's today so I could finally watch...and look what happens! One more reason for me to dislike Bozo...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:03 am

Bombshell wrote:Good morning all........ we didn't have these kinds of problems with the State's case. Could it be State had all the reports turned in on time?

It angers me!! Why is the judge including the state in his admonishments, I don't remember any "game playing" by the state. Why is the judge bending his own rules when it comes to the defense? He says it is to be fair to the defendant, "fairness" should include both sides, he should be "fair" to Caylee, the real victim this trial is about. I don't want to hear bozo complaining about his work hours, I don't want to hear his rightous indignation that someone would call him on his unethical tactics. angry

Can an attorney bring evidence/testimony into a trial they KNOW is a lie?
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Bombshell Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:34 am

imo... Bozo shows little or no respect for the judge. People have come up and talked to him, showed him stuff when judge is talking to him, he has texted. I agree about Ashtion being pointed finger at too. IMO he has been following the rules. We didn't see the State's case go down like this has. Bozo should step down and let his other, more competent atty's for himself. He is boching the case big time. And he doesn't want to make the kind of name he is for himself. If Bozo wants to be respected, then he needs to quit playing the sly, sneaky, lowball game that he is.

It worries me bc, I see this case being played again in a court of law after this one is over because of Bozo unwillingness to go by the rules.
Bombshell
Bombshell

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:17 pm

I was just reading some comments over at BlinkonCrime...Seems that the only reference to Rodriguez being co-founder of The Body Farm is on wikipedia, and we all know that isn't an accepted reference in any circles...It can easily be manipulated by visitors (Rodriguez or Bozo even?). All reputable reports say that Dr. William Bass is the founder of the so-called Body Farm, no co-founder. In fact, Rodriguez was just a student when it was founded. All these ideas come from comments at:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:20 pm

Here is another link that discusses Rodriguez's claim to be co-founder of The Body Farm:

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:26 pm

What a mess. Jurors being sent back to their lonely motel rooms until tomorrow.

I have tried to be fair in my critique of Jose Baez. I listened to him this morning and thought ..hum.

But after listening and reading more he is fudging.

As mentioned the states case rolled right along as it should.

Is this just more of Baez tactics to muddy the jurys memory of the strong testimony by the states witnesses?

It will be interesting to hear the verdict in this case and then hopefully hear about the aftermath.

Legal types seem to try and keep their "faults" underwrap so I am sure there will be no public fleecing of Baez or Ashton for that matter.

What a shame this trial could not be based on evidence and not attorneys arguments and shenanigans.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:28 pm

Vasco Thompson is a 'non-party' in Casey case

Also filed today was a motion to quash the subpoena for Vasco Thompson, the man the defense listed as a late witness last week.

The motion, filed by attorney Matt T. Morgan, says Thompson is set to appear before Perry at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.

It goes on to say Thompson "has no personal knowledge of facts relating to the alleged killing of Caylee Marie Anthony."

The motion calls Thompson's subpoena for trial "a misguided attempt to draw attention and publicity to an already highly publicized matter."

Thompson "believes that the defendant's subpoena for trial is only a delay, to create confusion in the evidence and a ploy to create an illusion of reasonable doubt," Morgan's motion says.

It adds that the subpoena "was filed in bad faith against the non-party Vasco Thompson" and creates an undue burden on him.

The motion asks Perry to quash the subpoena and enter "a protective order prohibiting the defendant, Casey Anthony, from further contact with" Thompson.

Expert bills state $6.850

In related news, the defense has filed a motion for reimbursement of costs for witness Dr. William Weitz, a mental health expert.

Weitz wrote a report for the case in March and was deposed twice in April.

He has submitted a Justice Administrative Commission voucher for $6,850 for his services and travel expenses, the motion says.

The motion says "due process costs must be approved by the court through specific order" in this instance.

The motion, signed by Baez, says Weitz's voucher complies with JAC rates.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:57 pm

laga wrote:
Bombshell wrote:Good morning all........ we didn't have these kinds of problems with the State's case. Could it be State had all the reports turned in on time?

It angers me!! Why is the judge including the state in his admonishments, I don't remember any "game playing" by the state. Why is the judge bending his own rules when it comes to the defense? He says it is to be fair to the defendant, "fairness" should include both sides, he should be "fair" to Caylee, the real victim this trial is about. I don't want to hear bozo complaining about his work hours, I don't want to hear his righteous indignation that someone would call him on his unethical tactics. angry

Well put ladies. I really like the "be fair to Caylee", the real victims in this case. I am worried about a mistrial.

Can an attorney bring evidence/testimony into a trial they KNOW is a lie?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Everyone dislikes Baez right now - I dont believe JP would have included Ashton if Ashton stayed cool like LDB. He has to keep his cool. I know hes frustrated by Baez who has been the most unprofessional person I have ever seen, and he is a liar. He should be disbarred.
Hes as big a liar as his client. Watching Dr Perper he did the autopsy on Anna Nicole Smith - he said the skull should have been opened as well and that he had never heard of washing the skull out with fluid as Dr. G did.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:35 pm

A judge may declare a mistrial for several reasons; improper jury selection due to lack of jurisdiction, a deadlocked jury or 'hung jury' , misconduct by a juror or prosecutor, dismissed juror unable to be replaced by alternate.
The case can usually be tried again, unless the court wrongly declares a mistrial, or if the prosecution's misconduct leads to the mistrial, because double jeopardy would prevent retrying the case.

I don't see any of the happenings in court (that we know about) leading to a mistrial.

Interesting info dug up on Rodriquez and his claim of being a co-founder of the body farm......wiki is the only site found listing this info AND it was last edited in 2010....????....duh, duh, duh, and the defense gets deeper and deeper in the BS they shovel.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:48 pm

I like Dr. Perper. I did not hear his take on the autopsy. I do not think it is right to be critical of another's work merely because they have a different approach. Some people dress sock, shoe, sock, shoe; while others dress sock, sock, shoe shoe, it's the results that matter. It seemed logical and right what Dr. G did concerning the skull and spitz autopsy results didn't really dispute her conclusions, did they?
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:12 pm

There is no way that JP will allow a mistrial - even if hes afraid of an appelate issue. Its too darn expensive to do this again. They are going to appeal it - if she were to gain a victory on appeal she will walk free - there is no money to try this case more than once.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:03 pm

I would think with what is going on with Rodriquez Dr Vass will need to come back on rebuttal. I feel sorry for these jurors. The put their lives on hold to be on this jury. For this kind of stuff to be going on is outrages. I hope JP takes a strong stand and does not allow any more testimony other than what is in the reports. As JP said let an appeals court handle later.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 14 Empty Casey Anthony trial: Perry adjourns court until 9 a.m. Tuesday – no explanation given

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:18 pm

The judge later signs amended order barring the release of seated jurors' names.

By Anthony Colarossi and Walter Pacheco, Orlando Sentinel
1:01 p.m. EDT, June 20, 2011

Chief Judge Belvin Perry adjourned court early today in the Casey Anthony case without giving a specific explanation, but it was apparent the defense team was having difficulties getting its witnesses to the stand.

What prompted the order — and today's early adjournment — remained unclear.

"By joint stipulation, we are in recess until 9 a.m." Tuesday, Perry said at about 11 a.m.

The sudden decision to recess likely stemmed from Perry's earlier frustrations and the defense team's difficulty in calling witnesses who have not fully disclosed their opinions to the prosecution.

An infuriated Perry warned the Casey Anthony defense and prosecution today that he is getting fed up with games being played during the course of the trial.

His anger is fueled by the additional charges of witness-discovery violations by the defense.

Perry's frustrations were expressed after prosecutor Jeff Ashton announced he intended to call for new sanctions against the defense, and Jose Baez in particular, for failing to disclose information about what his witnesses will testify about.

This time, Ashton said, he was late in getting a report, opinions and other materials from Richard Eikelenboom, a Dutch forensic expert who specializes in "Touch DNA" involving small amounts of the genetic material.

After hearing that Baez accused Ashton of shirking his responsibilities by not deposing defense witnesses and then blaming the defense

"He wants to go after the lawyer, too. I think it is repulsive," Baez said.

Perry appeared on the verge of excluding the defense witnesses from being allowed to testify but held back from that extreme measure out of concern it might unfairly punish Casey Anthony.

Still, he repeated his concerns about a trend of "continuously" violating his orders.

"Yes there has been gamesmanship in this particular case. It is quite evident there is a friction between attorneys," Perry said. "That is something I guess that the Florida Bar will deal with."

He also repeated that he would handle Baez' potential discovery violation following the proceedings.

Meanwhile, Perry decided he would not let the defense team's intended first witness today, Dr. William Rodriguez, testify until the prosecution had a chance to review his deposition, which only occurred Saturday after he started to express new opinions not included in his report provided to the prosecution.

Perry said he is bothered by the delays created recently and said he will have the attorneys work a full day on Saturday and perhaps make them come in early during weekdays.

Baez walked away from the courthouse in silence as reporters followed and tried to get answers about his defense witnesses. Co-counsel Cheney Mason nodded in agreement, however, when asked if the defense team will have witnesses prepared to testify tomorrow.

Meanwhile, Perry also signed an order barring the release of seated jurors' names today.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:29 pm

So some news media were going to release the names
of the jurors? They shouldnt let them do that - thats terrible we have enough trouble, without the jurys families being bothered which could happen if they released their names. To me a mistrial means no more trial - I dont think the state of florida would have the money to try her again.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony ~State vs. Casey Anthony ~  Thread #1 (June 16 - June23rd)The defense starts presenting its case Thursday, June 16, 2011 ~ exactly 3 yrs to the date Caylee allegedly died. Cindy Anthony claims she is the one who made computer searches  - Page 14 Empty Should Casey Anthony testify at her murder trial?

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:32 pm

By Marisol Bello, USA TODAYUpdated 1h 6m ago

The drama of the summer continues in Courtroom 23 in Orlando as court watchers wonder if Casey Anthony, the Florida mom accused of killing her toddler, will take the stand in her own defense.

Casey Anthony taking the stand has a serious pitfall, analysts say: The prosecution has shown, and the defense admits, that Anthony is a liar.

Legal analysts say she has little choice but to testify after her defense lawyer said in his opening statement that Anthony's daughter, Caylee, drowned in the family pool and her father helped cover it up. The lawyer, Jose Baez, told the jury that Anthony had been molested by her father as a child and that conditioned her to keep quiet about what happened to her daughter.

"She has to take the stand now," says George Parnham, a lawyer who defended Andrea Yates, the Houston mother who drowned her five children during a psychotic breakdown. "She has to explain this to the jury. They need to hear from her. You need to humanize your client."

Anthony's father, George, took the stand during the prosecution's case and denied the allegations. That means Anthony must testify about the alleged abuse and the alleged drowning, other defense lawyers say.

But her taking the stand has a serious pitfall, they say: The prosecution has shown, and the defense admits, that Anthony is a liar. "It's a big risk," says Miami criminal defense attorney and former prosecutor Daniel Lurvey.

Prosecutors, Lurvey and other lawyers say, will methodically pick apart all her stories about what happened to her daughter, including that the child was taken on a trip and that her daughter was kidnapped by a nanny named Zanny.

Lurvey says Baez has boxed himself into a corner.

"He's created a situation that if she does not testify, it's almost as bad as if she does and does badly, Lurvey says.

Baez did not return a call to his office.

Donald Jones, a law professor at the University of Miami, says the prosecution has a circumstantial case that has not tied Anthony directly to murdering her child. He says the defense should have stuck with poking holes in the prosecution's case, but Baez is giving the prosecutor a chance to discredit her on the stand.

"But because the defense chose the strategy it did, it is dotting the i's and crossing the t's prosecution failed to do," Jones says.

Baez, who was admitted to the Florida bar in 2005, has never tried a death penalty case.

Karin Moore, director of defense and death penalty clinics at Florida A&M University, says his inexperience shows in his questioning of witnesses, which she says is not as focused as it should be.

"Questioning a witness has to be like a surgical strike," she says. "You don't cut your teeth on a death penalty case. … I hope this woman does not receive the death penalty because of it."

Judge Belvin Perry adjourned for the day Monday after he said both sides were wasting the jury's time with legal matters that should have been taken up before court began.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ANALYSIS By Dr. MICHAEL WELNER
June 20, 2011
ABC News Consultant Michael Welner, M.D., one of America's top forensic psychiatrists, looks at the evidence raised in the trial of Casey Anthony, the Florida woman accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. As the defense presents its case, what has been truly revealing of the person we think we see?

What evidence presented so far is most significant to you, based upon your experience with mothers who kill children, and why?

The history of Casey Anthony's inactions and actions is even more significant than her words. Stunning enough that this fully socialized woman from a competently-policed area would not report her child missing for a full month. Compounding the evidence of her detachment are her activities during that time. She was lounging aimlessly with her boyfriend, entering a hot body contest, carousing, and engaged in other remarkably unremarkable activities. That Casey was so unaffected, and relegated Caylee's absence to such a low priority, speaks to how detached she was from her missing child.

Mothers kill children for a number of reasons. Some are very depressed and kill their children amidst their own suicide attempts, thinking they are looking after the children's best interest. Some are psychotic and have irrational motivations. Others may or may not have a mental illness or drug dependency, and kill because they are overwhelmed and are angry with the burden of their incompetent child care. Some may kill the children in part to spite the children's father, who leaves them feeling powerless. Others see their children as an inconvenience; because of perceived family pressures, they would not place them up for adoption but would make them disappear. Each of the above motivations is very different. In my professional experience, all are premeditated at least in fantasy.

The common pathway for mothers who kill is an anger and resentment that increasingly alienates them from their children. They may have been very warm and loving at an earlier point, but by the time the homicide takes place in the above scenarios, the mother is conspicuously more alienated. The detached, indifferent mother in the wake of a child's disappearance arrived at a point of alienation well before such a killing took place -- or it never would have happened.

The spontaneity of child killing seen in conflicts that get out of hand reflects in the level of guilt and undoing immediately after the crime. This is not to be confused with mothers who become more emotional when they reflect on the predicament that they face justice for exercising their control over a helpless child's life. That may explain the rising emotions in Casey well after her arrest. Or it may be just another shallow display of drama.

Is Casey Anthony a psychopath?

The brazenness and frequency of Casey Anthony's lying brings psychopathy to mind as a diagnostic possibility. But narcissistic and borderline personalities lie, as do as some histrionics. So, too, do politicians, who only sometimes are personality disordered. Key to assessing the demonstrated liar is gaining an understanding of whether this behavior limits itself to responding to trouble with the law, or whether lying is a lifestyle choice.

Forensic psychiatrists and psychologists sometimes assess for psychopathy even without an interview -- for example, when an examination is not possible and records are plentiful. Pivotal to that kind of assessment, however, is a life history that informs understanding of how Casey related to others at different stages and settings in her life. The psychopath has been parasitic, manipulative, dramatic, irresponsible, and/or has displayed many other relevant qualities in a variety of settings. One cannot diagnose psychopathy, no matter how outlandish the liar, without first studying all of this data as well.

What significance do you place in Casey Anthony's diary entries?

I think they are very informative. Forensic psychiatrists have to evaluate all forms of what a person has communicated, and how. The dilemma in assessing conversations over recorded prison telephone lines, in her interactions with police, and even with acquaintances and her boyfriend is that one is seeing an impression, a face, a self that she is projecting to others around her. That information is certainly informative, but the psychiatrist professional always has to be conscious about what may lie beneath outward appearances.

Diaries, on the other hand are exactly what lies beneath the surface. In most cases, we would never have access to that kind of evidence. Diaries are a window to the soul.

That a diary from the period of Caylee's disappearance is available is very useful. Personal and intimate evidence available, coinciding with the disappearance, includes the computer searches done from Casey Anthony's computer. Like the diaries, these communications -- to a computer, are driven from what was really brewing inside Casey Anthony.

So when you study the more private, personal evidence, what does it demonstrate?

It demonstrates that Casey Anthony really was as detached from her missing daughter as a delayed reporting would suggest. It goes even further -- for Casey Anthony noted that she was as happy as she has ever been, and wrote that the end justifies the means. Whatever her connection to Caylee at the time, her daughter's disappearance was a significant life event. These private communications from that time underscore the distinctive attitudes of satisfaction in the wake of death, and lack of remorse or indifference.

Casey's public appearance of indifference and shallow concern is underscored in these personal communications. The defendant's expressions of distress over her missing child, whatever their form, are contradicted by these intimate revelations of her contentment and happiness. Were death to have been accidental, these would have been the last qualities reflected in private writings.

Computer searches of chloroform and various modes of death have no other context to Casey Anthony's life. She is not a forensic pathologist or a pharmacologist or a trauma specialist -- why would she need to study neck-breaking?

Since the defense really has not provided alternative explanations for the above, they represent more than circumstantial findings, given their timing and the approximation to the facts. In that regard, the investigation yield is less muddy than it might appear.

When you consider the Depravity Standard research you have pioneered on the severity of a crime, what is the significance of these findings?

Research from higher court decisions, and from sampling of attitudes of the general public, has revealed strong support for 1) satisfaction in the wake of the crime and 2) indifference as attitudes that distinguish the depravity of a crime.

So does the victimization of a trusting victim (one's own child), as well as a physically vulnerable (2-year-old) victim. So does the blaming of an innocent person, exposing that person to a wrongful prosecution (as Casey did to a reported babysitter).

The Depravity Scale research is ongoing, and we welcome public participation at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in order to refine the significance courts should give to different qualities of a crime at the time of sentencing. If Casey Anthony is found guilty, findings from the Depravity Scale research will one day educate courts about what intent, actions and attitudes distinguish a crime -- or do not. This promotes fair, evidence-based sentencing that is color, gender, and socio-economic blind, and driven by public input.

Michael Welner, M.D. has examined a number of parents who have killed their children, including Andrea Yates. He is Chairman of The Forensic Panel, and Associate Professor of Psychiatry at NYU School of Medicine, and contributes to ABC News.com based upon his ongoing experience in some of America's most sensitive cases. In addition to Dr. Welner's landmark research on the Depravity Standard, he has adapted an Inventory of the Everyday Extreme (WIEEO) to the clinical prevention of everyday evil.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:30 pm

I respect what Dr Welner is saying. I would like to know what Dr Welner has to say about why KC or any parent for that matter becomes unattached to their child? What life events or illness cause that to happen?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Yes Linda he didnt say anything about origins of the sociopathy if any can be identified.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:32 pm

lindamarie wrote:I respect what Dr Welner is saying. I would like to know what Dr Welner has to say about why KC or any parent for that matter becomes unattached to their child? What life events or illness cause that to happen?

There is a long explanation on wiki......... :tongue in chee
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Vasco Thompson was on JVM (who is now Live in Orlando) w/his attorney and the defense wants to subpoena him on Wed. Can you believe this crap??
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:28 pm

What? I thought that was settled and that he wasnt going to be called.
He didnt even have that phone until 2009! How many lives and reputations is Baez going to shred before this is done?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:39 pm

by lisette Today at 12:17 pm
I was just reading some comments over at BlinkonCrime...Seems that the only reference to Rodriguez being co-founder of The Body Farm is on wikipedia, and we all know that isn't an accepted reference in any circles...It can easily be manipulated by visitors (Rodriguez or Bozo even?). All reputable reports say that Dr. William Bass is the founder of the so-called Body Farm, no co-founder. In fact, Rodriguez was just a student when it was founded. All these ideas come from comments at:

I get leary about things posted on wikipedia... I'm uncertain if the info is always legitimate. One of us to go there and claim we were co-founders of the Body Farm too. Maybe I should rephrase that and say "ONE of YOU could" cause I know I don't have the stomach for that sort of thing.
I have smelled a decomposing body that was closed up inside a house for 5 days. That was about 9 years ago. The people who bought that house (and sold it a short time later) said that when the AC kicked on the smell would come through the vents.
no no way could I handle that!
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:52 pm

I bet Judge Perry purchased one of these for himself and while he had his credit card out anonymously sent one over to Jeff Ashton's house. They probably have them blown up in their garages and take a few right and left jabs at em every evening before they go in for the night!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:54 am

artgal16 wrote:What? I thought that was settled and that he wasnt going to be called.
He didnt even have that phone until 2009! How many lives and reputations is Baez going to shred before this is done?

Good evening...wow IS THIS how desperate they are for reasonable doubt????
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:57 am

lindamarie wrote:I respect what Dr Welner is saying. I would like to know what Dr Welner has to say about why KC or any parent for that matter becomes unattached to their child? What life events or illness cause that to happen?

Yes, but I seem to remember everyone being convinced by the date on the page, that the diary was NOT at the right time, as well as we would like to fit it in, the date was on it? I am sure if the State knew it was relevant, they would have brought it on?
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:46 am

I am so dismayed at the tactics from the Defense. From smear tactics, to not incl. information as ordered by JP to the Pros., to downright lies.
I worry so about the jury. We have all met people I am sure, in our walks of life who are not good decision makers. It only takes one.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:26 am

Well, I am up and ready to get this show on the road...PLEASE don't let there be any delays today!!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:32 am

Good morning to you, LM. Got my coffee and livestream going...Thought there might be some business at 8:30 this morning.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:39 am

I guess Rodriguez will be called first, but I don't think JA was going to depose Eikenbloom until this afternoon. Wonder if one of the Ants could be called today. Could that be what Lippman was referring to, about it being "ugly"?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:42 am

The whole defense team just went back to where KC comes in...I guess they gotta get their orders from the "boss".
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:49 am

Discovery issues with Richard Eiklenbloom...He was deposed by JA yesterday afternoon.Is not calling for exclusion.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:01 am

JB suggests E's testimony be limited to only the degradation issue. Ashton replies that state did not offer DNA evidence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:09 am

Krystal Halloway is in hallway. She claimed to have affair w/ George Anthony. This may be why Lippman said "today is going to be ugly" per Casey Anthony News13
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next