Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defense Testimony RESTS~Casey Anthony Murder Trial~Thread#3 (June 27-June 30)George Anthony breaks down on the stand/Roy Kronk denies moving Caylee's body/3 forensic psychologists determinee Casey competant to stand trial/Casey WILL NOT take the stand!

+12
jeanne1807
laga
Bombshell
lisette
cherylz
NiteSpinR
Heike
TerryRose
artgal16
Nama
Wrapitup
raine1953
16 posters

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Defense Testimony RESTS~Casey Anthony Murder Trial~Thread#3 (June 27-June 30)George Anthony breaks down on the stand/Roy Kronk denies moving Caylee's body/3 forensic psychologists determinee Casey competant to stand trial/Casey WILL NOT take the stand! - Page 12 Empty Re: Defense Testimony RESTS~Casey Anthony Murder Trial~Thread#3 (June 27-June 30)George Anthony breaks down on the stand/Roy Kronk denies moving Caylee's body/3 forensic psychologists determinee Casey competant to stand trial/Casey WILL NOT take the stand!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:15 pm

Looks to me like the jury is leaving? Lisette I was in hopes we could get River out of the way today. It sure don't look like it. I do not understand how an expert can determine anything about this case not knowing all the facts or even meeting with KC.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony RESTS~Casey Anthony Murder Trial~Thread#3 (June 27-June 30)George Anthony breaks down on the stand/Roy Kronk denies moving Caylee's body/3 forensic psychologists determinee Casey competant to stand trial/Casey WILL NOT take the stand! - Page 12 Empty Re: Defense Testimony RESTS~Casey Anthony Murder Trial~Thread#3 (June 27-June 30)George Anthony breaks down on the stand/Roy Kronk denies moving Caylee's body/3 forensic psychologists determinee Casey competant to stand trial/Casey WILL NOT take the stand!

Post by lisette Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:17 pm

Looks like Bozo and LDB are having a pleasant chat...I bet that makes KC mad, if she's still in there. I don't see her so I guess she went out...I just think that she is probably jealous of LDB's class act...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:42 pm

Defense is wrapping tomorrow. WOW!!!! JP said don't make any plans for Sun or Mon.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:45 pm

I just got Sebastian down for a nap and Charlotte is sleeping. I hope court's not over..
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:56 pm

Court w/resume Thursday, over for today. They went to sidebar after jury left..JP said defense w/wrap up their case tomorrow..w/ask the jury if they want to work on Sunday..LDB said jury w/say that "they will". JP said that means after rebuttals court would end about 5pm on Sunday and go to deliberations..so don't make any plans (IF the jury wants to work on Sun) for Sun or Mon (I took it in case the jury deliberates and comes back w/an answer on Mon., July 4).
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:01 pm

After defense wraps up tomorrow, state w/do rebuttal tomorrow and closing arguments on Saturday or Sunday IF jury wants to work on Sunday.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:10 pm

I didn't hear anyone else on HLN say what I was perceiving as regards to the testimony of the grief counselor. I think there was a big score for the prosecution when she was asked about the specific behaviors of KC following Caylee's death and she called it "magical thinking". She very astutely followed with the comment that it was beyond the scope of grief and she would refer such a person to a psychiatrist. To me, that was an important point for her to have made, but maybe everybody was snoozing from boredom by that point in time, I don't know.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:12 pm

No, I clearly heard it and I completely agree with Dr. Sally's statements. Notice Casey quit crying when she was saying this person would need a shrink.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Defense Testimony RESTS~Casey Anthony Murder Trial~Thread#3 (June 27-June 30)George Anthony breaks down on the stand/Roy Kronk denies moving Caylee's body/3 forensic psychologists determinee Casey competant to stand trial/Casey WILL NOT take the stand! - Page 12 Empty Casey Anthony Defense Says It Will Rest Thursday

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:18 pm

POSTED: Wednesday, June 29, 2011
UPDATED: 5:56 pm EDT June 29, 2011

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Casey Anthony jury could be deliberating her fate over the holiday weekend.

Casey Anthony's defense team said Wednesday evening it will rest on Thursday.

Judge Belvin Perry said closing arguments could be held Saturday, and it is up to the jury if they would want to hear closing arguments on Sunday or on Independence Day on Monday.

On day 31 of the Casey Anthony murder trial George Anthony broke down on the stand when asked about learning that his granddaughter was dead and his subsequent suicide attempt.

Lead defense attorney Jose Baez said that George Anthony's suicide attempt in January 2009, one month after the remains of his granddaughter, Caylee Anthony, were found, was the result of guilt of his role in Caylee's death as well as for molesting his daughter, Casey Anthony.

The defense has claimed that George Anthony found Caylee dead in the family swimming pool on June 16, 2008 and helped try to cover up the toddler's death.

During cross-examination, prosecutor Jeff Ashton asked George Anthony about his suicide note. George Anthony said he wanted to be with Caylee, and he would be dead had law enforcement not intervened.

George Anthony began to cry again as he reviewed his suicide note on the stand.

"My emotional state, even through today, is very hard to accept that I don't have a granddaughter anymore, but for that particular day, it just felt like the right time to go and be with Caylee," George Anthony said.

George Anthony said that in his suicide note, he acknowledged questions he had about what had happened to Caylee.

"There was numerous pages I wrote ... I probably repeated myself numerous times. I had to express what I was feeling," George Anthony said.

Ashton said he plans to introduce the suicide note during the rebuttal phase of the trial.
The note ordinarily would not be allowed, but Judge Belvin Perry said Baez opened the door for the note to be introduced by bringing up the suicide attempt.

While Casey Anthony was out of jail on bond in August 2008, George Anthony testified that he purchased a gun.

He said that he was going to force people he believed had knowledge of Caylee’s whereabouts at gunpoint to give him information, but because of the restrictions on his home in place because Casey Anthony was living there while out of jail on bond, police seized the gun.

In re-direct, Baez tried to minimize George Anthony's suicide attempt, noting he drank beer and took blood pressure medication. George Anthony said he took other medications as well.

After the lunch break, Baez asked George Anthony if he stopped cooperating with law enforcement in December 2008 when he learned he was being investigated. George Anthony said he was upset officers were in his home during a search warrant shortly after Caylee's remains were found.

Baez previously asked George Anthony about a statement he made to authorities on July 24, 2008.

George Anthony said the statement centered around his experience in dealing with decomposition when he was a law enforcement officer. George Anthony told Baez that comparing the statement to Caylee was taking his words out of context.

Another sidebar was then called to go over the line of questioning.

George Anthony said he had smelled the odor of human decomposition in the woods, a house and a car while working as a law enforcement officer in Ohio.

George Anthony said in July 2008 that he told a detective that his daughter's car smelled like human decomposition.

He was then asked about talking to detectives about his daughter.

"My daughter has a tendency to live on the edge," George Anthony said.

"Do you recall saying only negative things about your daughter?" Baez said.

"Apparently, I did," George Anthony said.

"And the next day, you went and visited her in jail," Baez said.

George Anthony said he was trying to find his granddaughter and cooperating with law enforcement one day, and trying to keep his daughter upbeat while she was in jail.

"You were undercover of sorts," Baez said.

"I was not undercover," George Anthony said.

Baez then implied that George Anthony wouldn't put his house up as collateral to bail Casey Anthony out of jail, but the state objected and the comments were stricken from the record.

George Anthony was then quizzed again about the smell in his daughter's car, with Baez trying to point out potential inconsistencies in his statements made at different times.

"There is a smell of human decomposition in that car," George Anthony said.

"And that's why you called 911 right then and there?" Baez said intensely, implying that George Anthony didn't act on the fact that he smelled the odor.

"And then you drove home? And went to work?" Baez said.

"I don't regret anything I did that day," Anthony said.

Baez then asked George Anthony if he went on a media blitz in August 2009.

George Anthony said he made more media appearances after recovering. Baez then asked him if he made $20,000 from a media outlet.

"I have tried to be nice to you," George Anthony said. "... I did everything I could possibly do to bring awareness about (Caylee)."

"All of these appearances stopped when allegations of abuse came up, right?" Baez asked.

"I believe that was through you, sir," George Anthony said.

Baez then began questioning George Anthony about the defense's allegation in opening statements that he had molested his daughter when she was a child.

George Anthony testified on the first day of the trial that he never molested Casey Anthony.

Baez implied that George Anthony denied molesting his daughter because of the potential legal repercussions.

Baez and George Anthony then began a contentious line of questioning about the duct tape found on gas cans in George Anthony's shed that Casey Anthony had stolen in June 2008 and later returned to her father. Beaz repeatedly objected to George Anthony's narrative, but was overruled.

Meter reader Roy Kronk's son, Brandon Sparks, was called by the defense Wednesday afternoon.

Sparks said he had been estranged from his father from the time he was 8 years old until June 2008 when he reconnected with him.

Sparks said Kronk told him in November 2008 that he knew where Caylee's remains were. he said he did not explain why he did not go to authorities with the information.

The defense asked Kronk Tuesday about a call to his son in November in which he stated he was going to be famous. Kronk denied that happened and said he only told his son that he would be on TV on Dec. 11, 2008, the day he found Caylee's remains.

Kronk called law enforcement in August 2008 to report seeing something that resembled a skull in the same area where Caylee's remains were found, but his call was dismissed the the deputy that investigated the area.

Prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick asked if he required help from relatives to remember that the conversation with his father occurred in November. He said yes.

Sparks said his father told him he was going to be rich and famous.

After Sparks' testimony, Kronk was called back to the stand for the second time in two days.

Kronk said he told first responding officers on Dec. 11 that he had previously called Crimeline and that the deputy told him not to mention that to anyone.

Deputy Eduardo Turso, the first deputy to meet with Kronk on Dec. 11, 2008, was then called.

Turso said Kronk did not tell him he had called Crimeline in August, and he subsequently did not ask Kronk not to mention that to anyone.

Lead detective Yuri Melich then testified about his interactions with Kronk. He said Kronk had already completed a written statement when he arrived at the area off Suburban Drive where Caylee's remains were found. He also conducted his own interview.

Melich said he never heard from Kronk in August, and did not learn of Kronk’s prior calls about possibly finding a body until Dec. 17, 2008.

Baez then called certified traumatologist, Dr. Sally Karioth. Karioth said she is a grief counselor who has worked with as many as 40,000 people, mostly on the topic of death and dying. she is also a professor at Florida State University.

Perry admitted Karioth as an expert in grief counseling, despite an objection by Ashton.

Karioth has not interviewed or worked with anyone involved in the case.

Karioth said everyone grieves in different way. She said she works a lot with people who have lost their children.

Karioth testified about different ways mothers cope with losing their child. She said some get rid of all the child's belongings because the memories are too hard to deal with. She said others will behave in a risky manner.

Defense attorney Dorothy Clay Sims laid out a hypothetical situation that mirrored Casey Anthony's pregnancy and the circumstances surrounded Caylee's disappearance, including a family history of secrecy.

Karioth said healthy people with family support deal with loss in a "healthy way and come out on the other side."

"When we deal with families where there is a conspiracy of silence, as it were ... in those situations it's very likely that the response to a traumatic episode ... In hypothetical situations, we can see that denial is a great helper," Karioth said.

Casey Anthony cried during Karioth's testimony.

Sims said many young adults are reluctant grievers when asked about behaviors that Casey Anthony exhibited during the 31 days that Caylee was missing without being reported, such as getting a tattoo and partying.

During cross examination, Karioth said being very, very happy and very, very sad are both commonly associated with grief.

Karioth said sex can sometimes replace words as a method of feeling better.

"Everything is consistent with grief in your opinion, right?" Ashton said. He said any hypothetical the defense gave could be associated with grief.

Karioth said she first was contacted about testifying in late May or early June. She said she has been given no facts about the case, but she did look up the case briefly just to refresh her memory.

She said as of Wednesday when she got to the courthouse, all she knew was that she was going to talk about general research associated with grief and loss and that the case was about a woman who lost her daughter.

Ashton spelled out many of Casey Anthony's lies while Caylee was missing and asked Karioth if that was consistent with denial and grief. Karioth said the behavior is not consistent with what she typically sees, she described the stories as "magical thinking."

Karioth said, based on Ashton's hypotheticals, the person he described needs to get help.

Karioth said that denial can also be a byproduct of guilt.

Earlier Wednesday morning, Baez attempted to ask Cindy Anthony questions about her son, Lee Anthony, allegedly groping Casey Anthony in her bedroom. The state objected, a sidebar was called and Judge Belvin Perry sustained the objection.

On Tuesday after the jury had been dismissed, Casey Anthony's ex-fiance, Jesse Grund, said Casey Anthony told him she didn't want Caylee around her brother, Lee Anthony, because he had once groped her in her sleep.

Baez said Tuesday that he had about six more witnesses to call, although it's not known if Casey Anthony will testify in her own defense.

Before witnesses were called Wednesday, Perry heard arguments on a motion requesting a mistrial that was filed by the defense after a federal judge in Miami last week declared Florida's method of imposing the death penalty unconstitutional.

The judge said Florida's method violates the U.S. Constitution because jurors are not required to make specific findings on the aggravating factors necessary to enhance a murder sentence from life in prison to death. Aggravating factors include such things are whether the crime was particularly heinous and cruel or done for monetary gain.

Defense attorney Ann Finnell argued the motion over the phone, and Anthony sat alone at her table because her other attorneys had yet to arrive in the courtroom.

Perry asked Finnell if Anthony concurred with the request.

Anthony stood and said, "I can answer that. I agree with Miss Finnel"

Perry said he will reserve judgment on the issue until a later date.

Defense lawyers on Tuesday put Roy Kronk, the meter reader who found 2-year-old Caylee Anthony's remains, through a thorough examination and continued their strategy of painting the child's family as dysfunctional.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:49 pm

Yes, that was it. It was after 5pm EST.

I figure R Cruz and then Jessie Grund tomorrow and that is it for the defense..then, the State starts its rebuttal - bringing in the Gentiva employees ready to impeach CA and whoever else they can to get them to their closing arguments.

And, I do NOT think it will take long for the jury to deliberate. MOO.

WOW..just listened to R Cruz on BlogTalkRadio. If she acts that po'd on the stand, she w/lose any and all credibility.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:51 pm

I only saw snippets of GA testifying today and HLN keeps playing him literally weeping over and over again. I just cannot bring myself to watch it. 20 or 30 seconds in to it, I was crying..

That poor man!!! And, Casey..cold as ice. Even Jean Casarus said she teared up.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:53 pm

The defense has NOT proven their case at all. They did not prove that George found a dead Caylee and tossed her body like trash in the woods. They did not prove George molested her. They did not prove Lee molested her. They did not prove that Kronk hid the body.

Will Casey testify? I say Yes, she will.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:53 pm

artgal16 wrote:OK so after George and Kronks son there was the grief counselor and that was it?

That sums it up. CA was on the stand briefly this morning. I don't think CA is done yet. The State is going to want to confront her with the truth. Today on more than 1 occasion GA pretty much said he thinks KC did kill Caylee. I doubt he is done testifying yet either. To be confronted about Cruz right now with raw emotions is not going to be pretty. I think tomorrow there will be a lot of testimony that will be brutal to watch and hear.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:54 pm

This article really is funny

Did anyone ever think that someone in the field of mental health would travel to Florida, put all reason and research aside, and attempt to testify that Casey Anthony's partying and celebration was really "grief" and not think that the audience would see through this?

It is to be expected that an "expert" can be found to say anything, about anyone, at any time, in exchange for money, or the 15 minutes of exposure that can later lead to money.

During the introduction alone, of the "expert" witness, there were 5 sustained objections as Dr. Sally Karioth would not stop speaking about herself.

This "expert" may be found on Youtube (talking about herself) and showing how she uses her drama and theatrics (mostly hand motions) in presentations, there is something that should not be overlooked:

This is a murder trial.

This is not a game, in spite of what Cheney Mason said.

Not only is Dr. Karioth willing to testify to help a murderer escape justice, but she is willing to do so without ever speaking to Casey Anthony.

Her theatrics were contrived, bizarre, and did not belong in a courtroom. Her incessant rambling only highlighted how the defense has no one, except Casey Anthony, to explain away her deviant, celebratory behavior during the 31 days following her murder of Caylee.

Dr. Karioth's narcissistic behavior was not simply evident in the need for 5 sustained objections, but in that she was willing to disgrace herself, her 40 years in grief, and her colleagues who may be working to help others overcome grief, just for an appearance on a nationally televised trial.

She gave her "expert" opinion, including "in this situation" without even interviewing Casey Anthony.

She explained that any and every emotion and reaction that takes place within the human realm is related to grief.

Disgrace.

Casey Anthony scowled at George Anthony while he wept, but attempted to cry while the flakey pop-dramatic actress talked about grief.

Casey wiped her one eye crying, poking, attempting to redden her face. Jeff Ashton did what he could to stop the incessant talker.

A great question to ask her would have been:

is there any human emotion not consistent with grief?

This would have exposed her as the fraud she is.

from Amazon:
If You Want to Know If You're Dying, Ask the Cleaning Lady, and Other Thoughts on Life and Happiness $115.88
8 comments Links to this post
Email This BlogThis! Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Google Buzz
Reactions:
Grief Counselor, Dr. Sally Karioth

Apparently, the defense has found one grief counselor in the country who will testify that celebrations, including dancing, partying, drinking, getting a tattoo and such, is really just expressing grief.

Good grief.

Dr. Sally Karioth had 5 objections...all because she would not stop talking about herself, even though the questions were simple, requiring only a word or two to answer.

"I'm a certified traumatologist"

All 5 objections were sustained, as Dr. Karioth appears either unable, or unwilling to stop speaking of herself.

The state would like to move this along, as likely does the judge and the jury. Dr. Karioth seems to enjoy looking at the jury, talking about herself, and making lots of hand gestures.

The defense appears to be on its last witness, unless Casey Anthony is going to take the stand, and this may be their only way of telling the jury that Casey really wasn't celebrating Caylee's death. By dancing, drinking, buying things and even getting a celebratory tattoo, she was actually grieving. This is what the 'chicken soup for the soul' contributor is going to testify to.

Five objections on her background only.

Objection #5 and she hasn't even gotten to the case.

This can't be all that the Defense has. It is possible to find anyone to say anything in exchange for fame or fortune, or at least the possibility of such. This flakey pop-psychology has nothing to do with this murder case. It has become torturous to listen to.

Politely, Mike Galanos called her "eccentric" but the jury must remain awake.

In spite of the State's objection to her as an expert witness, Judge Perry is allowing her as an expert of "grief"

Judge Perry has bent over backwards for the defense.

Even Dorothy Sims had to interrupt her as she goes on and on in her answers. Dr. Karioth does not appear to be able to answer "yes" or "no" to a single question that calls for such an answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You Want To Know If You're Dying, Ask the Cleaning Lady (And Other Thoughts On Life and Happiness)

Coping With Death and Dying

She also contributed to the Chicken Soup books.

Time for a second commercial break as Dr. Sally Karioth continues to talk about herself.

source:

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Wrapitup wrote:The defense has NOT proven their case at all. They did not prove that George found a dead Caylee and tossed her body like trash in the woods. They did not prove George molested her. They did not prove Lee molested her. They did not prove that Kronk hid the body.

I agree! the defense is doing a terrible job!! all they are doing is repeating things over and over! it's so annoying and stupid! they have two years to find a shrink to say that KC's greiving was normal and all they where able to find was this lady that really didn't know about the case!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Dr. Sally Karioth
rabbit :beer jumper:
A lot of people tweeting from inside the court room made mention that the Dr seemed drunk.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:06 pm

wrap said
I agree! the defense is doing a terrible job!! all they are doing is repeating things over and over! it's so annoying and stupid! they have two years to find a shrink to say that KC's greiving was normal and all they where able to find was this lady that really didn't know about the case!

I thought I heard the two or three shrinks they had examine kc, they did not put on their witness list, but the state put them on their list. Did I remember that wrong?

laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Wrap, I could hardly watch George the first time, he was so upset and I was nearly in tears. But over and over it's on the internet and HLN and I just can't watch that poor man.
That Dr. Sally was something else. I can't believe some of the witnesses that the defense has brought to the stand. In two years this is all they could muster up.
Baez might be famous from this but I bet business doesn't go up for him. Jmo.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:18 pm

laga wrote:wrap said

I thought I heard the two or three shrinks they had examine kc, they did not put on their witness list, but the state put them on their list. Did I remember that wrong?

From what I can remember (Lisette or Art may know for sure) I think JP wouldn't let them in.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Wrapitup wrote:No, I clearly heard it and I completely agree with Dr. Sally's statements. Notice Casey quit crying when she was saying this person would need a shrink.

Actually she had three shrinks over the weekend and Caylee's still dead.

Dr. Sally..what can I say. I thought Jeff A would have the big one and after five minutes I thought I would have the big one too.

I noticed JB and LDB together talking a couple of times today and wondered about it. She is coming to him. Strange because I think she is winning.

Do you know I can't wait for "Guilty" to be announced so I can get back to RL. I tell you I am now planning my day by the court calendar and eating lunch when JP calls the lunch hour.

I need to be over all this. I can't stand another lying Anthony to take the stand.

What did everybody think of Kronk and his son. Strange and not much for the defense. They don't ask the question everybody's dying to know. Was there duct tape on the babies mouth when you dropped it out of the bag...moved it with your stick.

River Cruz is going to be a disaster. I can't believe she is going to "wrap up the Defense case". But then again why not. Their whole presentation has been..more for the PT than the DT.

I kind of hear the fat lady warming up off stage. Honestly I think the Jury is not taking notes because they have made up their minds. They are listening to see if anything will change their mind but they are pretty set in their verdict..me thinks.

The question is what will they give her. The full wammy or a slap on the wrist?

I am voteing Life Without Parole.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Laga I think the State asked to use that Physician and therapist as rebuttal witnesses. I can't remember if the court approved that request or not. I will have to watch Mondays session to find out for sure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:21 pm

raine1953 wrote:Wrap, I could hardly watch George the first time, he was so upset and I was nearly in tears. But over and over it's on the internet and HLN and I just can't watch that poor man.
That Dr. Sally was something else. I can't believe some of the witnesses that the defense has brought to the stand. In two years this is all they could muster up.

Honestly Raine I think she is guilty as hell and Houdini could not get her out of this one. I give Baez credit for sticking with this..situation..for three years.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Jeanne, please forgive me, but what is RL?? "The Young and the Rest of Us??"

I think most of us are eating our lunch/breakfast/brunch around their breaks. Seriously, I can't wait for it to be over, but even when its over..I think it won't be. I worry for George big time.

I think Kronk wanted the fame and the money but he did find Caylee so I say let it go. I don't think he was in cahoots with anyone.

And, I liked his son. He was respectful and truthful but I doubt the jury cared at that point. I agree w/you..They have made up their minds already. I just hope it is MORE then manslaughter!

I think they w/wrap up their case w/Casey on the stand. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Mark Nejame says after today the defense HAS TO put Casey on the stand!

Last edited by BJ on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:36 pm

LOL, Bomb!!! What is that????????

If anyone gets the chance, read Mark Eiglarsh's tweets. Hilarious!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:36 pm

We've waited for almost three years for this trial and now it's almost over. How sad that there will be cases to take the place of this one. In a perfect world.......
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:37 pm

I think we will all have to come down from this case a bit like coming off a drug! For 3 years of our lives we have lived this case. This will be difficult for me at least.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:44 pm

artgal16 wrote:I think we will all have to come down from this case a bit like coming off a drug! For 3 years of our lives we have lived this case. This will be difficult for me at least.
We'll need a support group; once a week meetings and people standing up and saying "My name is ..... and I'm an .....". And phone numbers of friends to call if when it gets really rough. crazy3
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Wrapitup wrote:The defense has NOT proven their case at all. They did not prove that George found a dead Caylee and tossed her body like trash in the woods. They did not prove George molested her. They did not prove Lee molested her. They did not prove that Kronk hid the body.

Oh my! SO TRUE! I hope she does testify Kathie....who else but River Cruz for tomorrow and maybe the little vixen herself? I am HAPPY that it wil lbe an eventful weekend--I pray that the jury wants to work and that I can see closing arguments LIVE! It is tough to keep up when at work all day, but the timing helps--I get the first three hours in between my laptop and phone by 9am when I pull into the office!

xoxo
Heike

Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:18 pm

jeanne1807 wrote:
raine1953 wrote:Wrap, I could hardly watch George the first time, he was so upset and I was nearly in tears. But over and over it's on the internet and HLN and I just can't watch that poor man.

Honestly Raine I think she is guilty as hell and Houdini could not get her out of this one. I give Baez credit for sticking with this..situation..for three years.

It is hard to give Baez credit, when you KNOW that he KNOWS that the defense theory is a LIE. He is willing to stoop as LOW as LOW can go...for the lure of fame and fortune? I do not fault him for his lack of experience, or his inability to persuade a drop of water, OR the ear problem...hahaha, but I DO NOT respect ZERO integrity. I am glad to see him going down with the ship!
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:41 pm

If the only witnesses left are Jesse Grund and River Cruz then I'd say more than likely KC will take the stand. For the defense to leave River for their last witness is suicide I think because I think she'll come across horrible. I hope that KC takes the stand even thou' I think that will kill any chance she has to ever get out of prison. I think that KC has thought since day one that she's smarter than everyone else, that she can lie her way out of anything and I bet she thinks once she takes the stand that she's going to' set the jury straight'. OMG what a train wreck that will be.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:44 pm

BJ wrote:We've waited for almost three years for this trial and now it's almost over. How sad that there will be cases to take the place of this one. In a perfect world.......

Group Hug One of these will be in order. Tonight I am experiencing a great deal of sadness after watching the live feed and TV all day. I hope all of you get some rest tonight. Tomorrow will be a hard ugly day in court.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:44 pm

artgal16 wrote:Article by Diane Diamond on Caylees possible father!

I already posted a separate thread on this.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:12 pm

We'll need a support group; once a week meetings and people standing up and saying "My name is ..... and I'm an .....". And phone numbers of friends to call if when it gets really rough.
So true, Art...My name is Lisette and I'm an Anthonyholic... rabbit

Last edited by lisette on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:12 pm

If she takes the stand after Georges testimony she will be convicted for sure - to think she can do battle with Linda or Jeff or insane.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm not sure if Jesse is going to testify. Did JP rule that his proffered testimony about Lee's groping of KC was admissible? If not, he probably won't be called...That's all they wanted out of him, I think, unless it was to say that KC was a good mother...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:17 pm

I know everyone says to not feel sorry for casey anthony.

She ruined so many lives, most importantly her daughters...what life caylee had anyhow before the rest of it was robbed from her.

But i do feel bad for her, unfortunately.

She clearly wanted to ignore her pregnancy up until the point she couldn't hide it any longer, and then she wanted her family to help her with putting the baby up for adoption...she did not want them to ask her or beg her to keep their grandchild, she did not want to be a mother.

They did ask though. Depending who you ask (like kiomarie) cindy downright insisted casey HAD to keep caylee marie.

she's a terrible person for everything she has done, she's evil, she's a murderer...she killed a tiny little person who's last few moments of life was probably spent wondering what she did to make her mommy so mad at her and hate her so much (the answer is of course...she existed..)

But her life is gone. She gets to live with the guilt of knowing what she did to her daughter day after day, she gets to see how much she hurt anyone she DID care about ( such as Lee, or jesse grund)

And, i know this is not going to be a popular opinion...but some part of her, no matter how tiny and small, HAD to have cared about caylee to an extent....because she did not get an abortion. Most women who wind up pregnant and don't want children, they have an abortion...but casey didn't...she was going to give caylee life, and give her to someone who wanted her, that would take care of her and hopefully be a great mother, because casey knew she was not going to be that mother, she knew she was going to be bad, and she didn't even want to TRY to be better...

Or maybe she did try. Jesse grund seems to think she was a great mom. Maybe thats what he saw. Maybe for a time she was a really good mom. Maybe it was just too hard because it was an act, because no matter how much time went by or how much she may have cared about caylee, she did not want her. Someone else was supposed to be raising her and taking care of her and financially providing for her as well as dedicating their time to her...she was supposed to have given her up and lived her life the way she wanted to.

And thats why i pity her. Because i know at some point she DID love OUR darling caylee marie, and at one point she WANTED to do the right thing...give her up to a loving family who would have given her the life she deserved and SHOULD have had...

It just wasn't going to be her, it was never gonna be her. And while we all know that, and casey knew that, her whole family was so convinced caylee would make casey into this new and better person, and it cost them their granddaughter, it cost caylee her life, and it cost Casey her own life as well.

I pity them all. Even casey.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Reading over at blink someone said that on another blog a person called jeff ashton and LDB The Spatulas because they flip everything over from the defense to the prosecution!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:39 pm

Oh what a day. GA brought me to tears. That poor man. He gave the distinct impression that he knows that KC killed Caylee. How will he ever be able to go on?
He lost Caylee, the love of his life. He will probably lose KC and blame himself for that too. I pray for him. I worry for him. He stated he still grapples w/ the thoughts of suicide from time to time. He wanted to be with Caylee. May God grant him peace. crying

Then that Dr. What a whack job.
What a day.

Artgal I can totally relate to what you said upthread. We have lived this case for 3 years now. I have cried so many times for Caylee. There is not a day that goes by when I do not think of her, and what her life was like. How she felt as her breath was slowly escaping her body. I see my children, esp. my Lilly and I see Caylee at times. Thinking how she would love to be doing what we are doing.
In a way that I do not understand I am going to miss this whole thing. It has just become so engrained in me. I feel as though after the trial, I will go through a "loss" of some sorts. However, deep down I know it will be for the best. I feel as though I have not been giving my family the time from me that they deserve. But, Caylee will always be in my heart and we will all remember the little brown eyed girl that sang You Are My Sunshine on the eve before she left this world. crying
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:44 pm

CherylZ your post made me cry. Sometimes I go to youtube and I watch the videos of Caylee. Caylee is symbolic of all the children we lose to their wretched torturers and murderers. We demand justice!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next