Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa Irwin, still missing in Kansas City, MO

+20
southerntraveler
charminglane
emmaquaz
gavinsgrammy
mommyof3kids
sballkuhns
proudjmmom
Ruth Sampson
HippyChick2
Nama
pickwick2011
janie
jeanne1807
NiteSpinR
Wrapitup
cherylz
laga
raine1953
Slys Hunny
artgal16
24 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Lisa Irwin, still missing in Kansas City, MO - Page 8 Empty Deborah doesn't sound really sure...... " I don’t think that alcohol changes a person enough to do something like that.”

Post by Nama Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:09 am

In an interview with Peter Alexander on NBC’s “Today” show, Bradley admitted she was drinking the night Lisa disappeared.

When asked whether there was any way she could have done something to hurt her daughter, Bradley said, “No. No. No. And if I thought there was a chance, I’d say it. … I don’t think that alcohol changes a person enough to do something like that.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Lisa Irwin, still missing in Kansas City, MO - Page 8 Empty She said she frequently drinks to intoxication but only after her children are safely in bed.

Post by Nama Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:12 am

We haven't heard who was staying with the 6 and 8 yr old boys while she was out buying wine. I wonder if they were left home alone?

Bradley also told Fox News in an interview Monday that she got drunk and may have blacked out. She said she frequently drinks to intoxication but only after her children are safely in bed. She also said she takes anxiety medication and had taken a dose that day.

Asked how she would respond to others who would criticize her heavy drinking while caring for her children, Bradley became defiant.

"She was sleeping. You know, I don't see the problem in me having my grown-up time," she said. "I take good care of my kids. I keep my house clean, do their laundry. I kiss their boo-boos. I fix them food. I'm involved in their school stuff. I mean, to me, there's nothing wrong doing what I want to do after dark."

Bradley and Lisa's father, Jeremy Irwin, also have two sons, ages 6 and 8.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Lisa Irwin, still missing in Kansas City, MO - Page 8 Empty Re: Lisa Irwin, still missing in Kansas City, MO

Post by Nama Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:19 am

All four look suspicious! Doesn't this look like a commercial shot for an upcoming Lifetime movie??

Lisa Irwin, still missing in Kansas City, MO - Page 8 Thefour
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Lisa Irwin, still missing in Kansas City, MO - Page 8 Empty Re: Lisa Irwin, still missing in Kansas City, MO

Post by proudjmmom Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:43 am

That pic is cracking me up! They all look guilty!

proudjmmom

Back to top Go down

Post by proudjmmom Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:54 am

Joe Tacopina, the attorney for Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, talks about the investigation into the disappearance of 11-month-old Lisa Irwin, and denies there is a gap in the mother's time line.

proudjmmom

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:02 am

Here we go again with the "mis-spoken" words instead of calling them lies. Theres almost a template for these types of cases now. Both of these guys will be proven wrong eventually because I think the mother is going to crack. They are searching for a body but without it its going to be hard to convict or even charge anyone.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:13 am

So, we did get a brand new version of the events of the night and morning Lisa Irwin disappeared! We knew the drunk-Debbie part was coming, but lo and behold, the whole chain of events, and timeline changed, and so did two people’s attitude. Those two people would be Jeremy Irwin and Deborah Bradley, “parents” of missing 11-month-old (if she lived that long) Lisa Irwin. They’ve had an attitude adjustment, and they have a lawyer now. Version 4.0.1 is most likely the last version we’ll hear straight from them.

Let’s review how the story has changed.

■Last time Lisa was seen alive:
■10:30 pm when Deborah put her to sleep,
■no, she was put to bed at 7 to 7:30 pm and then Deborah checked on her before Deborah went to bed herself at 10:30 pm,
■Version 4.0.1: no, 6:40 pm is when Lisa was put to bed. Deborah went back in one time a few minutes after putting Lisa in bed, found her standing up in her crib, laid her back down and then has no clue if she ever checked on her again. Probably did, don’t know if she did, usually does on her way to go to bed herself, but doesn’t know, can’t remember if she did – because she was drunk.
■Lights and door:
■Deborah did not leave the lights on and did not leave the door unlocked.
■Deborah did not leave the lights on and might have left the door unlocked.
■Deborah might have left the lights on and did not leave the door unlocked.
■Version 4.0.1: Deborah has no idea if she left the lights on and the door unlocked – because she was drunk.
■Did anybody hear anything?
■No.
■No, and Deborah had a baby monitor in the room with her.
■No, but Deborah’s bedroom is all the way on the other side of the house and she sleeps with the fan on high.
■Version 4.0.1: Yes, the boys heard something but no one including their own parents is going to ask them about it because they’ve got to go through MOTFY Debbie to get to those kids, by golly, and it just aint going to happen. Doesn’t want to traumatize them. Of course, the two little boys wondering everyday where “Pumpkin Pie” went in the middle of the night, possibly seeing who took their little sister, and having nightmares about someone “disappearing” them after they go to sleep are not traumatic, right?
■What did Deborah do while Jeremy was at work?
■Gave Lisa a bath, put sleeping clothes on her, put her to sleep at 10:30 p.m. as Deborah was going to bed herself. Was programming new numbers in a new phone to replace a third broken one.
■Put Lisa to bed at 7 to 7:30 pm, checked on Lisa at 10:30 pm as she was going to bed.
■Version 4.0.1: Put Lisa to bed at 6:40 pm, checked on her once shortly after, either was well on her way to getting drunk or started getting drunk (she calls it “her adult time” ) has no clue if she ever checked on Lisa again, doesn’t really know what time she went to bed, hasn’t mentioned if boys were taken care of. Says she only drinks after boys are put to bed, but then says she was drinking with neighbor while boys were playing with neighbors’ child, so apparently the boys, ages 8 and 6, also had to go to bed at 6:40 pm, or Mom was half-lit by the time, whatever time, they got shoved in bed…don’t know if they got baths, night clothes, etc. Debbie may have “blacked out” but that’s okay because that’s what everybody does when they drink. Has nothing to do with what happened to Lisa – that is except you haven’t got a clue if she was alive when you stumbled to bed, whether you left the house unlocked and lit like a storefront window, and wouldn’t have heard Freddie Kruger scratching the nursery room walls over the monitor if your daughter’s life depended on it…so yeah, it doesn’t have a damned thing to do with what happened to your baby – loser.
■The cell phones:
■Three phones, one broken, one new. Debbie was programming new numbers in the new phone manually. All three phones missing because, Debbie says, that would slow them down on making a 911 call.
■Three phones, one broken, one given to them by grandpa. Jeremy called 911 with his work cell phone he had in his pocket when he got home.
■Version 4.0.1: Three phones, one broken, one given to them by grandpa. Debbie shit-faced, so most likely not programming anything. Doesn’t matter any way because you couldn’t call out on any of the phones! Because they hadn’t paid the bill (Debbie spent the phone money on a box of wine…lawlz, just kiddin, kind of). Have no clue why you’d even bother programming a borrowed phone with numbers to call when you can’t use the darned thing. But curiously, this revelation is at the same time we learn that Debbie has been confronted with cell phone activity from one of those phones on the night Lisa disappeared.
■What happened when Jeremy came home:
■Found door unlocked, lights on, window open in computer room with screen jacked up. Went and “checked on boys” then went and checked on Lisa. Lisa not in crib, went into to master bedroom, Lisa not in bed with mom so he asked Deborah “where is Lisa”. Running around house, screaming Lisa’s name, Deborah stayed with boys in house, Jeremy looks outside. Cell phones gone.
■Found door unlocked, lights on, window open in computer room, tried to close window, screen jacked up. Checked on “boy” in own bedroom, checked on Lisa, not in crib, went into master bedroom, Lisa not in there but Michael in bed with Deborah. Deborah hard to wake up. Asks “where is Lisa”. Running around house, screaming Lisa’s name. Cell phones gone. Uses Jeremy’s work cell phone in his pocket.
■Found door unlocked, lights on, window open in computer room, screen jacked up. Checked on “boy” in own bedroom, goes straight to master bedroom, finds Deborah and Michael in bed, wakes Deborah up and asks about lights and door. Goes to Lisa’s room and finds her missing, comes back to master bedroom, tells Debbie Lisa is not in crib. Running around house, uses Jeremy’s work cell phone.
■Versions 4.0.1: no, comes home, finds door unlocked, lights on, goes straight to master bedroom, wakes up Deborah (no mention of hard to wake her up, or she’s “shaking to” like a hung over wino), “talked for a couple of minutes”. THEN he mentions the door was unlocked, and the lights were on – Debbie immediately jumps up startled like something is wrong. THEN they find Lisa is gone from her crib. (interesting, no? )
■Do you think someone came in through that window?
■Maybe.
■They had to have done it quieter than the cops (after KCPD came out and had several officers attempt entering the house through the window).
■Absolutely not. No. (unanimous, in fact, again after KCPD kind of showed how ludicrous the idea was in the first place)
■Versions 4.0.1: Absolutely. Yes. (unanimous, in fact)
Okay, so Debbie now announces, as if she’s displaying her red badge of courage she was snockered that night. Repeats that new assertion about as often as she speaks. Talks about it like it’s what everybody does…have 5+ glasses of wine, not remember what you did, all while being sole caregiver to three children, one being a sick 10-month-old. Jeremy doesn’t see anything wrong with it either. Says drinking doesn’t change a person…oh, really? (He needs to talk to one of thousands and thousands of men sitting in prison right now because they were convicted of brutality against their spouse whenever they got drunk. At least a half dozen or so of those men, who are honest, will let him know that “getting drunk” does, indeed, change a person. If they won’t get honest, their battered spouse probably will be glad to.)

And Debbie got a “tood”. She’s rather defensive, defiant and just thinks it’s one of those under-your-breath chuckle thingies that people might take issue with her getting shit-faced when she is supposed to be caring for 3 small children. She’s “bring-it-on” Debbie now.

Enter high-profile defense attorney Joe Tacopina. He came jetting into Kansas City yesterday and shut it down (of course, only after hours of interviews in which his client has just established her defense). He’s going to represent the two beleaguered parents of missing Lisa Irwin. NO MORE INTERVIEWS. He says they are innocent, and Debbie’s disclosure of her drunkenness is just her showing how honest she really is. (Well, honest for Version 4.0.1 allegedly.)

A few interesting revelations came out during the barrage of interviews conducted prior to Tacopina putting the kibosh on things. Debbie revealed that law enforcement had shown her cell phone ping maps of activity of one of the missing cell phones (she says “my cell phone” to be exact). Debbie was shown “burnt clothing” by the detectives as well. She states that now she has to believe those things were fake…at least SHE HOPES the burnt clothing was not real.

Really? Well, this is what we don’t currently know – was the burnt clothing you were shown completely burnt up? or was it partial clothing that was discernible but part of it was destroyed? That’s kind of important, because short of your drunkenness you’re so damned proud of, you ought to know if you’re looking at your own baby’s clothing if ANY discernible part of it is left. It either looks like what Lisa was wearing, or it doesn’t, right? You’re not insinuating that KCPD trotted out and bought purple baby clothes with kittens on them, and torched them, are you?

This whole issue here is quite interesting. We learned over a week ago that a 2:30 am dumpster fire had occurred the morning Lisa went missing. We’ve also been told, though it has not officially been confirmed (at least I don’t think it has been), that there was some cell phone activity on one of the Irwin phones around that same time. Now, in those unsubstantiated rumors we had heard a week ago that clothing had been retrieved from that dumpster and that KCPD had returned to that dumpster several times to try and collect evidence.

This is the same dumpster that Deborah kinda, sorta heard about, but (look sideways away from camera and act blase) heard it wasn’t connected to Lisa’s disappearance or oh, well, whatever. This is the same dumpster Jeremy hadn’t heard about at all! This is the same dumpster that has led searchers to the landfill multiple times. And this is the same dumpster that is less than 1/2 mile from the Irwin house.

Also, Deborah revealed how she flunked the polygraph. When they asked her if she knew where her baby was…she flunked that polygraph question. Megyn Kelly has stated she has confirmed from law enforcement that Deborah “failed miserably” on the polygraph, which makes one consider that’s not the only question Deborah flunked.

Megyn Kelly has also revealed that she learned from the parents that since the night they discovered their 10-month-old little baby girl missing and all their cell phones missing, not one time have they attempted to call any of those cell phones. Not once! Think about that. According to how Jeremy and Deborah have described those “frantic moments” (depending on which version you go with) when they realized Lisa was gone, they apparently went straight to the cell phones, found them missing and instantly Deborah discerns…oh my gosh, they took the cell phones so we couldn’t call 911! That puts the cell phones (in your drunk mind) right with your baby, right? You didn’t call those cell phones one time since placing that 911 call? You didn’t think…maybe that’s how the kidnapper would ensure we would contact them! Maybe, if we call the number, the kidnapper will tell us what they want; money, your left nut, whatever…to get our baby back!

The phones, according to Debbie (after there was cell phone ping data presented to her) can’t call out (convenient once faced with activity from one of those cell phones, I would think), but they still can receive incoming calls according to her! Nope, haven’t called them. Didn’t do it. Still haven’t done it.

Meanwhile, back over in the camp that is actually trying everything humanly possible to find little baby Lisa (that would be KCPD and other law enforcement agencies) authorities blocked off the street where the empty Irwin residence is located. They searched in and around the Irwin home and the neighbor’s house, with search dogs. Interestingly, this search didn’t start until 11 am, after the revealing morning interviews had aired. Which makes you kind of wonder if the investigators had ever heard anything revealed in these interviews.

They also went to the 3700 block of North Jackson and pumped out a whole section of creek bed, and then they searched the house that the Irwin family has been staying at since they abandoned Lisa’s only home.

The sad news is that Lisa has still not been found. The good news is Bill Stanton is going home. He says he accomplished what he came for…(which is probably a nightly slot on Nancy Grace’s show)…yay.

source:
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:22 am

After reading Vals post here is my thought. What the heck happened there! Ok so Debbie is drunk by 10:30 when the neighbor left. She didnt kill or do something to Lisa before then - that wouldnt make sense. So it had to be after 10:30 - Would she drunk, have gone in to check on Lisa or just stumbled into bed leaving lights on and door unlocked. If she shook Lisa or gave her cold medicine when she put her to bed before the neighbor came and they started drinking and Lisa died in her bed, when would Debbie have discovered this and in a drunken state what could she have done with the body at that time of night? That is what is confusing to me. I cannot see if the father actually came home at the time he said he did which was 4am how the father could have helped to hide a body. So it had to be Debbie - but I cannot figure out if she was truly drunk how she could have done something. Unless she wasnt drunk?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:38 am

Valhall and artgal gave me a headache!

A blackout is a phenomenon caused by the intake of alcohol or other substance in which long term memory creation is impaired or there is a complete inability to recall the past. Blackouts are frequently described as having effects similar to that of anterograde amnesia, in which the subject cannot create memories after the event that caused amnesia. 'Blacking out' is not to be confused with the mutually exclusive act of 'passing out', which means loss of consciousness.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:45 am

artgal16 wrote:After reading Vals post here is my thought. What the heck happened there! Ok so Debbie is drunk by 10:30 when the neighbor left. She didnt kill or do something to Lisa before then - that wouldnt make sense. So it had to be after 10:30 - Would she drunk, have gone in to check on Lisa or just stumbled into bed leaving lights on and door unlocked. If she shook Lisa or gave her cold medicine when she put her to bed before the neighbor came and they started drinking and Lisa died in her bed, when would Debbie have discovered this and in a drunken state what could she have done with the body at that time of night? That is what is confusing to me. I cannot see if the father actually came home at the time he said he did which was 4am how the father could have helped to hide a body. So it had to be Debbie - but I cannot figure out if she was truly drunk how she could have done something. Unless she wasnt drunk?

My thoughts exactly! She is trying way to hard to make everyone believe she was drunk, even saying she may have blacked out.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:48 am

Ok no disparaging about her weight but she is a big woman - and she admits she drinks " a couple of times a week" my contention is that she can drink 5 glasses over a period of time say a few hours, especially if she had eaten before and just be a little buzzed but not drunk and therefore not impared. I never thought I could dislike anyone more than Baez but Joe Taco is starting to come close. Really they are despicable - I dont care if they want to defend them after they are arrested but to insert themselves into the case before we know anything is simply for publicity purposes - now his face is all over the news.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:49 am

I give myself a headache too BJ!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Lisa Irwin, still missing in Kansas City, MO - Page 8 Empty Missing Babies: Steve and Marlene Aisenberg Offer Support to Lisa Irwin's Parents

Post by Nama Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:46 am

From the get go everything about Jeremy has reminded me of Steve Aisenberg and I'm creeped out by both of these men. Now Steve and Marlene Aisenberg are offering support to Jeremy and Deborah. Oh, brother!

A baby girl goes down for a night's sleep. The next morning she's gone, her parents say. No unusual sounds had awoken anyone in the house. There is no damning evidence of break-in and abduction.

And the parents, initially given sympathy and support, are increasingly viewed with suspicion.

Lisa Irwin, the girl who disappeared two weeks ago in Kansas City, Mo.? Yes, but the scenario also applies to Sabrina Aisenberg, the four-month-old girl her parents said was stolen from her crib in November 1997, in Valrico, Fla..

"Our hearts go out to the parents," said Steve Aisenberg, 48. "We're more than willing to talk to them. They're not alone. Our prayers and thoughts are with them every day. … Hopefully, they won't have to wait as long as we have."

The Aisenbergs are still without Sabrina. The police investigation is still open.

No arrests have been made in Lisa's case, and her parents maintain their innocence. Lisa's mother, Deborah Bradley, told ABC News that before Lisa's disappearance, she would always suspect the parents in missing-baby cases. She said she knew she may well be arrested herself.

Marlene Aisenberg, 49, said, "It's a very tough thing. We knew we didn't have anything to do with [Sabrina's disappearance]. And [Lisa's parents] know they didn't have anything to do with Lisa. The hardest thing in the world is having your child taken from you. The second-hardest is being accused of doing something to her."

According to press reports, as the search for Sabrina and/or her abductor went on, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office grew more suspicious of the Aisenbergs. It got a warrant to bug their home. State prosecutors chose not to charge the Aisenbergs, but in 1999 a federal indictment charged them with assorted crimes, the most serious being lying and conspiracy. The indictment relied on alleged recorded outbursts between the couple about Steve having killed Sabrina while high on cocaine. The Aisenbergs denied the charges.

A federal judge declared the tapes inaudible and the transcriptions faulty, and in February 2001 the prosecution dropped the charges before the trial had begun. In February 2004 an appeals court ordered the government to reimburse the Aisenbergs almost $1.5 million for defense fees.

The last public events in the case were in 2008. A police informant reportedly said his cellmate had told him he bought a boat from the Aisenbergs as part of a plan to dispose of Sabrina's body in Tampa Bay.

"It's ridiculous to begin with," said Steve. "If police had done due diligence, they would have found that we didn't have a boat or any contact with this person." All it did was "rub salt into an already deep wound," he said.

If as a missing-baby drama unfolds parents are cast in conflicting roles -- victims and suspects -- so are police. They are uniquely equipped and empowered to both find the missing child and solve the mystery of its disappearance, which can mean being helpful to and suspicious of the parents.

Brad Garrett, a former FBI special agent and a consultant to ABC News, said the first decision police face is whether they can eliminate the parents from suspicion. "Sometimes there's not a clear line you can draw," he said.

In these cases what ensues, he said, is "a delicate balance to push parents to tell the truth while not alienating them so they stop cooperating." The key is "good cop-bad cop," a perfect illustration of the aforementioned dual role. One detective stays at the parents' side, protecting them. Another challenges and provokes them. Then they compare notes and look for lies and inconsistencies.

"[The police] don't like doing that; they just have to do it when there's no evidence [leading elsewhere]," Garrett said.

In a recent interview with "Good Morning America" Garrett called police's focus on Irwin's parents "logical." He said Lisa was "probably not" abducted by a stranger -- "statistically and otherwise, it doesn't really fit" -- but an acquaintance, plumber, neighbor or babysitter was more plausible.

Garrett said sometimes missing-baby cases happen when the baby dies by accident and the parent or parents panic and dispose of the body. Usually the disposal is shoddy and the body is found fairly quickly. Therefore, the fact that Lisa is still missing makes it less likely that, if she is dead, she died accidentally, he noted.

"What you're left with is not being closed-minded," Garrett said. "It's easy to put blinders on, the longer it goes on."

The Aisenbergs live in Bethesda, Md. Steve delivers high-tech equipment to ophthalmologists, and Marlene is a real estate agent. "Our children are in college. They're growing up to be great people. We're very proud of them," said Steve. They celebrate Sabrina's birthday. They continue to seek her in various ways. "But we try not to let [Sabrina's absence] consume us," Steve said.

The Aisenbergs still get leads -- there have been eight since March, Marlene said – directly and through the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which assists in their search.

"Unfortunately, a lot of them are ones that people have called in before," Marlene said.

"It's been 14 years. We believe she's still alive. It just needs to be yesterday, you know?" Marlene said. They take hope from the story of Elizabeth Smart, who in 2003 was rescued after being abducted for nine months. "It only takes that one lead," said Marlene.

The Aisenbergs also have a private investigator trying to find Sabrina.

In 2003 an Illinois girl was thought perhaps to be Sabrina, but a DNA test was negative. Marlene said there were two promising leads on girls who might be Sabrina, one in California.

Time could be on their side. "Sabrina's 14 now," Steve said. "In a year or two, she'll want a driver's license," for which she will need a birth certificate. But "if someone is willing to take a child, they're willing to create false documentation," he said.

Marlene said they didn't have much contact with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office. But, Steve added, they believe it will be with their help that they will be reunited with their daughter. If the crucial break occurs, "they're going to be the ones to [follow it through]."

As to Lisa Irwin's parents, beyond expressing his and Marlene's support for them, Steve said, "Right now what this family needs most is the support of their community." When asked if that was missing when they were in the spotlight now pointed at Irwin's parents, he replied, "It was there, but it also got squashed at certain intervals."

Anyone with information about Sabrina is requested to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 813-247-8200.

Anyone with information about Lisa is requested to call the Kansas City Police Department at 816-474-8477.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:53 am

I frankly could believe someone taking an infant as the
Aisenbergs baby was (only 4 months) over a 10 month old. At 10 months my daughter climbed out of her crib easily and I cant see her waking up to a stranger taking her and her not crying out. But with an infant its possible. I remember the Aisenbergs case very well, and I believed them.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:59 am

I have mixed feelings about the Aisenberg's guilt or innocence, but something about Steve gave me the creeps....can't put my finger on it.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:02 pm

Again we are back to the question, if this was an accident WHY dont they report it? I can only think that its because it was negligence and that would mean she could lose custody of her other child, her fiance might leave her and she would go to jail.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:52 pm

accident or negligence either way when they find a babies body they are going to lose the other children reguardless.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:09 pm

THIS FROM MY LOCAL NEWS

Woman Reports Possible Baby Lisa Sighting In Manhattan
Riley County Police tell 13 News they're searching for a car that witnesses say might have missing Kansas City baby Lisa Irwin inside.

MANHATTAN, Kan. (WIBW) -- Riley County Police tell 13 News they're searching for a car that witnesses say might have missing Kansas City baby Lisa Irwin inside.

Around 1:00 p.m. Tuesday, a woman eating at McAlister's Deli off of Turtle Creek Boulevard says she spotted two women with a baby that matched the missing child's description.

She says the two women left the restaurant and got into a small black car with Missouri tags, possibly a 1998-1999 model.

Riley County officers were not able to locate the car but a notice has been put out to surrounding agencies to be on the lookout for a car with passengers matching the description.

Officials say the woman who reported the sighting is being interviewed but right now, there's no way to know if it was Baby Lisa or not.

13 News Manhattan bureau reporter Lindsey Rogers is on the scene. She'll post more details as they become available.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- The mother of a missing Missouri baby may not be casting herself in the best light by telling national media that she drank heavily the night her daughter disappeared and other unflattering details, but her honesty shows that she and her family "have nothing to hide," her attorney said.

Deborah Bradley told television audiences Monday that she may have blacked out in the hours before she and Jeremy Irwin reported that their 10-month-old daughter, Lisa Irwin, was missing from their Kansas City home early Oct. 4. Bradley also now says she last saw her daughter hours earlier than she originally told police.

"I don't recall in recent history anyone under this umbrella of suspicion be so open and forthright, warts and all, regarding the events. Because they have nothing to hide," said attorney Joe Tacopina, who held a press conference Monday to announce he had been hired to represent the couple.

The parents reported their daughter missing after Irwin returned home from working a night shift and found the front door unlocked, the house lights on, a window tampered with and the baby gone. Bradley and their two sons were asleep elsewhere in the house.

Police have said they have no suspects in the case and no major leads. On Monday, the parents allowed the FBI to bring tracking dogs through their home. The FBI also searched a neighbor's house with the dogs, as well as the yard of the home where Bradley and Irwin have been staying with their two sons.

Bradley had said in previous days that she checked on Lisa at 10:30 p.m. on Oct. 3, but on Monday told NBC's "Today" show that she actually last saw Lisa when she put her to bed at 6:40 p.m. She did not explain why she changed her story.

Bradley told Fox News that she got drunk after she put her daughter to bed that night and may have blacked out. She said she "probably" drank more than five glasses of wine, and said she frequently drank at home after her children were safely in bed. She also said she had taken a dose of anti-anxiety medication that day.

Bradley told NBC that police accused her of killing Lisa, but she insisted again that she had not harmed her daughter.

"No, no. ... I don't think alcohol changes a person enough to do something like that," she said.

Tacopina, who also defended Joran Van der Sloot, the Dutch man suspected in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba, said Bradley detailing her drinking the night Lisa went missing "goes to her credibility."

"That's something she was willing to tell the truth about even if it didn't make her look good because she's got nothing to hide," said Tacopina, who refused to say who was paying him and would only say that he had been hired to counsel the parents through the investigation.

Sean O'Brien, associate professor of law at University of Missouri-Kansas City, said it was difficult to read anything into Bradley's remarks about her drinking or about what police told her. But he said it was wise for the parents to hire a lawyer, and they likely should have done so earlier given what Bradley has said about police accusing her of being involved in the baby's disappearance.

"When the questioning becomes accusatory ... it's time to shut up and lawyer up," O'Brien said.

But he noted that police remain the family's "best hope" of finding the baby, so Bradley would want to continue cooperating.

Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:10 pm

THIS FROM MY LOCAL NEWS

Woman Reports Possible Baby Lisa Sighting In Manhattan
Riley County Police tell 13 News they're searching for a car that witnesses say might have missing Kansas City baby Lisa Irwin inside.

MANHATTAN, Kan. (WIBW) -- Riley County Police tell 13 News they're searching for a car that witnesses say might have missing Kansas City baby Lisa Irwin inside.

Around 1:00 p.m. Tuesday, a woman eating at McAlister's Deli off of Turtle Creek Boulevard says she spotted two women with a baby that matched the missing child's description.

She says the two women left the restaurant and got into a small black car with Missouri tags, possibly a 1998-1999 model.

Riley County officers were not able to locate the car but a notice has been put out to surrounding agencies to be on the lookout for a car with passengers matching the description.

Officials say the woman who reported the sighting is being interviewed but right now, there's no way to know if it was Baby Lisa or not.

13 News Manhattan bureau reporter Lindsey Rogers is on the scene. She'll post more details as they become available.

Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Bradley told Fox News that she got drunk after she put her daughter to bed that night and may have blacked out. She said she "probably" drank more than five glasses of wine, and said she frequently drank at home after her children were safely in bed. She also said she had taken a dose of anti-anxiety medication that day.
Just because she came forth with this information does not give her any creditably in my eyes. She was negligent and admits to it. They need to charge her and arrest her for child neglect. Now she has admitted this by not charging her with anything will leave another bad impression for younger Moms.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:19 pm

Enough with these false leads - this baby looks like a million other babies. Now Debbie says she also took medication - boy how these stories from her are developing more and more. She and Jeremy have changed their stories several times adding and subtracting details as they see fit.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:25 pm

Im keeping an open mind here myself. I hope this lead turns out to be her. Im talking to my cousin who lives in Manhattan and she says there are police and Helicopters all over town.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:31 pm

Its a complete waste of time - They got thousands of tips on Caylee Anthony and she was dead and rotting in the ground from day 1
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:33 pm

I agree, babies this age do all look so similar, she even looks like little baby Charlotte. But with the license plate being from MO, I think those witnesses were right to report the sighting and LE definitely needs to check out those kind of tips. It would be wonderful news if she is found safe and well, but I have little confidence that will be the case.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:34 pm

This is Lisa not Caylee. Just because that case turned out horrible doesnt mean they all will.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:37 pm

The parents have lawyered up now, and I think they are already plotting their defense strategy.

I hope George and Kronk have an alibi for this time frame or maybe they will use her own father???? grrrr
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Youre right its Lisa not Caylee - however, how many times has anyone really paid attention to the tags on a car - the witnesses say they saw the tags were from Missouri but they didnt get any of the Tag numbers
yet they knew the approximate year of the car. Sorry I dont buy it. The tips that came in with the Anthonys case were from some really credible people too. Im not saying everyone lies but a lot of people just make up things.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Slys Hunny wrote:This is Lisa not Caylee. Just because that case turned out horrible doesnt mean they all will.

You are right! The trouble is, there are so many of these cases and so many children.....It is hard to be optimistic, I try to be hopeful, but how many cases at this stage have turned out well, not enough. crying
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:50 pm

I just cant bring myself to not help find these children. Just because so many turn out to be tragic not all of them do. If I were to feel that every case from now on was going to turn out like the Anthony case I would have to stop caring. In every case Ive followed since the verdict people make reference to Caylee, Casey, Cindy, George, Biaz, Kronk etc... That case although horrible is over and none of us can change the outcome of it. But if all the people who cared enough to follow that case compare every case to that one and expect no better out come whats the sense in doing this at all? Maybe im missing something? I do this because I care and I hope in some way it will help a poor child somewhere from having the same out come as Caylee did. Maybe I should just walk away.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:57 pm

I think just the fact that you post on this site shows you care - we all care. From day one on the Anthony case I knew there was something wrong with Casey Anthonys affect - and I have to say that Debbie doesnt hit me the same way that Casey did. However, I consider that a mother who had a sick little 10 month old baby chose to sit around and drink to the point of drunkeness rather than maybe have one glass of wine and stay vigilant in case her little girl needed her or even to continually check on her is someone that I consider to be a negligent parent right off the bat.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:22 pm

Of course we can't stop looking for the children that are still missing. I would never suggest that. Comparing one case to another when there are similarities does not mean we want the same outcome, it just means we see similarities. It almost seems like some of these cases, people have learned lessons and how to behave from other cases. Why then should we not learn also, learn what signs to look for, how to recognize when someone may be lying, etc. I hope LE is learning.

You are right we can't change the outcome of the Anthony case, and maybe we can't change the outcome of this case either. No matter how hard we hope and pray and want a postive outcome in this case, it may already be too late.

So what's the sense in doing this you ask...my hope is that someday there won't be another case, another missing child, another murdered child. How do we accomplish this, IDK! How does blogging, expressing opinions accomplish anything, IDK. I do know I have been enlightened and more aware of the possibilities and likelyhoods than I ever was before. I do know I enjoy reading everyone's opinions, feelings and ideas. I do know you are special, Hunny and I hope Sly appreciates you as much as you are appreciated here! Couple Hugging
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:26 pm

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Authorities are investigating a possible sighting of missing 11-month-old Lisa Irwin in the Manhattan, Kan., area
Kansas Highway Patrol officials said Riley County police asked them to put out an alert about a small black car with Missouri tags with two women and a baby inside.
According to the Highway Patrol, the women were seen at a McAlister's Deli at 421 Tuttle Creek Blvd. on Tuesday. Investigators said the women were in a booth at the restaurant and left without eating their meals after people took notice of them. The restaurant manager said patrons spotted the trio during the noon hour.
The women are described as white and in their 20s. One woman had dark hair with a pink hooded sweatshirt and the second woman had light brown hair and a slender build.
The restaurant manager said there is no surveillance video available.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:33 pm

THIS IS WHATS HAPPENING IN KC [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - Approximately 15 FBI agents, some with dogs, are searching a large wooded area off North Brighton Avenue and 34th Terrace. The Federal Aviation Administration has initiated a no fly zone for a two mile radius and a 500 foot altitude.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:15 pm

SO exactly as there was a sighting of Baby Lisa, the FBI is zoning in on a wooded area not far from their home omg thinking
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:19 pm

If you look at that image of the trucks and the wooded area it looks so much like what we saw in the Anthony case - unbelievable.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:29 pm

Kansas City Police Public Information Officer Captain Steve Young is on scene and commenting:

Capt. Steve Young: No tips have panned out.

The Manhattan tip is one of many tips they are checking out.
Search along Brighton was just "another tip that didn't pan out."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] More
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:30 pm

True, Art, but They say in the above article this..

"There has been nothing new that has brought us out back here to this location we just feel it's best we come back out here go over the area and make sure there isn't some tip or clue that can lead us into a different direction," Patton said.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think they might be hiding the truth of what brought them back out there! I don't recall seeing this much action in this area when they last search, but I could be wrong....

I am still holding out hope the sighting in the Deli comes to something.. but we all know how these cases seem to pan out anymore It\\'s Not Fair
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Elvis was sighted by someone at a Burger King in Michigan. Anyone believe that? I can't think of once that one of these sighting have resulted in a lost child being found. I know everyone has good intentions; most of the time it's an over reaction by a well meaning citizen.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:32 pm

I agree with that BJ. Also the places the police are looking are not places you would find a living child leading me to believe that they think she is dead and buried. They need to find her body if she is dead - the longer time passes as we well know, there wont be anything to account for cause of death.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:00 pm

Watching headline news - announcer is saying that the people in Kansas were not happy with Joe Taco for flying out to make press conferences and the next thing everyone knows he is back in New York on all the talk shows.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:19 pm

I made an error - I saw Manhattan and I assumed New York - it was Manhattan Missouri - so that tip might be more credible than what I initially thought however I still dont put too much stock in it.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:26 pm

A Kansas City Police Department spokesman said Tuesday that it has been ten days since the parents of missing baby Lisa Irwin have sat down to answer the kind of questions from investigators that only they would know the answers to.

Capt. Steve Young told a Nancy Grace producer that Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin have spoken to detectives at times to clarify tips, but they have not had “a good sit-down” with police since October 8, when Bradley stopped an interview.

“They are not willing to sit down with us to let us wash out the things they need to wash out with us,” Young said.

Young emphasized how important the parents are to the investigation, nothing that they know more than anyone else about what happened in the house and who came and went before their daughter disappeared.

Bradley and Irwin reported 10-month-old Lisa missing around 4:00 am on October 4 after Irwin returned from work and Lisa was not in the crib where Bradley said she placed her around 6:40 pm the night before. One of the front windows on the house had been tampered with and many of the lights inside were on when Irwin got home.

Bradley recently acknowledged that she got drunk that night and may even have blacked out while Irwin was at work. She also apparently changed her timeline of events, no longer claiming she checked on Lisa around 10:30 pm.

Joe Tacopina, a New York-based attorney now representing the family, said in interviews on ABC and NBC Tuesday morning that the parents were being cooperative and had nothing to hide, but he also criticized investigators for what he called “baffling” behavior during interrogations. Specifically, he claimed that they have accused Bradley of murdering Lisa without any evidence.

Police and FBI agents were conducting a new search of a wooded area about a half mile from the Irwin home on Tuesday afternoon. CNN affiliate KSHB reported that the FAA has initiated a no-fly zone over the search area.

An FBI spokesperson told KSHB that the area has been searched several times before and no specific tip has led authorities back there, but they wanted to take another look at the location.

Young said Tuesday that police have investigated more than 550 tips in the case so far.

One lead reportedly being pursued on Tuesday afternoon was a possible sighting of Lisa at a restaurant in Manhattan, Kansas. A Riley County Police Department spokesperson told a Nancy Grace producer that two women were seen at a booth in McAlister’s Deli with a baby who a witness believed resembled Lisa around 1:30 pm.

Capt. Kurt Moldrup said the witness felt the women looked and acted “suspicious,” then they left, driving northbound in a small back car with Missouri license plates. Local police have spoken with the tipster and are still searching for the vehicle but they have not located it so far.

Manhattan is about two hours away from Kansas City.

source:
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:26 pm

Ten days since they have taken the time to sit down and talk to the police. Ten days - thats a lot of time.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Art girl It was actually Manhattan Kansas. Its aproximatley an hour and a half from Kansas City. This is in my neck of the woods. Rumor has it that the women paid for thier meal with a credit card but didnt stay to eat it when they realised they were being watched.I read that on facebook so take it for what you will.
According to our local news it was either KSNT or WIBW not sure which channel it was on because it was help the kid with homework time, They interviewed the manager of the deli, He said the police talked to his employees and several partons to get discriptions of the women.

Laga thank you for the very nice post. Sly does appriciate me as much as I appriciate him, thats why we work so well!!! Couple Hugging
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by janie Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:30 pm

I'm watching JVM and she said Lisa's mom was on anxiety medication. So if she had five glasses of wine it would have been equal to drinking ten glasses of wine. It makes me sick and this is what she calls grown up time.Yes artgal ten days without talking to police but they could take the time to talk to People magazine.
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:33 pm

If the women paid with a credit card, then its easy to find them and they probably just felt uncomfortable
with people maybe staring at them. I doubt sincerely that kidnappers would pay with a credit card!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by proudjmmom Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:46 pm

If the women seen at the diner had nothing to hide why would they get up and leave without eating?

proudjmmom

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:50 pm

I think that they probably reacted the same way a woman did whose daughter was at the mall in Florida when Caylee went missing. People start staring or whispering and you feel so uncomfortable you get the heck out of there. Or it could have been they were called away for some reason. But to pay with a credit card is not what someone would do who was trying to hide, thats the first thing and the second was if they didnt eat, what were they paying for?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:52 pm

And the other thing is if people noticed all that why didnt someone get the actual license plate number?
They saw the tag was a Missouri plate, and noticed all these other things and neglected to get any of the tag numbers?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:59 pm

Like I said that rumor was from facebook so I personally dont put alot of credit in it. I thought I heard about the anxiety meds this morning on one of the morning shows but wasnt sure I had heard it right with the bustle of morning rituals so didnt post it. I have seen several rumors of her drinking and using meds but it is all just rumor.
I just wish they would locate the vehicle from Manhattan and either find Lisa or discredit the sighting. It just seemed strange to me that of the hundreds of tips they say they have gotten that one was released to the public. Makes me think maybe they thought there was something to it.
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:20 pm

That is a very good point about them releasing that particular tip- I never thought of that. But still if they have a credit card, they can find them with one phone call - unless the card was stolen!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next