Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn

+14
Praying For Faith
RileysMom
artgal16
MrsH
mommyof3kids
samgoodwin
Slys Hunny
truthbtold
TerryRose
raine1953
lisette
Nama
Wrapitup
gnreed
18 posters

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Empty Re: # 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:31 pm

I did check them out. Seems people are tired of rumors and gossip. But hey when remains are found it is a big deal. A big deal to any family that has someone missing. So I personally thought some of the comments were out of line.

Back to top Go down

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Empty Re: # 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn

Post by Wrapitup Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 am

Body Found Not Believed To Be Hailey Dunn

July 29, 2012 03:40 PM EDT

The human remains found on Interstate 20 near Sweetwater, Texas is not believed to be that of missing teenager Hailey Dunn. A worker at B-Line Sweetwater business, near where the body was found, believes the remains belong to a man who parked his car near the shop and never returned.

The remains were discovered Thursday, while Texas Department of Transportation workers were cleaning the area. According to a TXDOT supervisor, it was mostly bones, with what little clothing left being ripped by the mower.

The autopsy has been completed, but the remains were sent to another location for assistance in identification. Authorities are not releasing whether the body belongs to a man or a woman, nor are they telling the means that led to the demise of this individual.

Hopefully, the body is identified soon and the family of the deceased will not be left wondering what happened. What a terrible situation for a family, to be sitting, waiting for word on the whereabouts of a loved one. Sadly, this happens far too often in our current society. Thoughts go out to all families suffering through this situation, the not knowing must be excruciating. Hoping that Hailey Dunn is found soon.

There is a Facebook page, Help Find Hailey Dunn-Missing From Texas with access to printable flyers for the teenager. There is also a $15,000 reward for information leading to her whereabouts. Everyone come together and find Hailey. She's been gone too long.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Empty Confirmed: Body Found on Interstate Is Not Hailey Dunn

Post by Wrapitup Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:52 pm

July 30, 2012 04:05 PM EDT

Much to the relief of family and supporters, a body found on Interstate 20 near Sweetwater, TX has been confirmed as belonging to an adult male, not to missing teenager Hailey Dunn. That's wonderful! However, it also just brings about more questions, like who is the deceased? Certainly, he, too, has a family that is looking for him, or at least someone who has noticed his absence.It also makes one continue to ask, where is Hailey? She has been missing from her Colorado City, TX home since December 27th, 2010, when she left her home to walk to a friends' house, but she never arrived, nor was she expected. That's a long time for a family to worry about her whereabouts.

The family holds high hopes that Hailey is still alive and well, and hopefully they are correct. The support given to her family, as well as the community adopting her as "their baby girl" is a symbol of hope for all parents suffering the same ordeal.

Condolences also go out to the family of the as-yet unidentified man. His family is likely going through the same thing as Hailey's. At least, now, they will have closure.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:33 pm

Condolences also go out to the family of the as-yet unidentified man. His family is likely going through the same thing as Hailey's. At least, now, they will have closure.
I am glad a family is going to have closure soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:08 pm

agreed

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:06 am

IMHO, she will Never be found!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Praying For Faith Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Oh, I am so afraid of that also.

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:56 am

Me too. crying
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Empty Hailey Dunn Turns 15 Next Week

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:41 am

August 21, 2012 12:20 AM EDT
Nearly 20 months after her disappearance, Hailey Dunn hasn't been forgotten. An amazing group of people have come together to form HopeForHailey.org, a group dedicated to finding the missing teenager.

The cheerleader disappeared on the way to a friends' house on December 27th, 2010, from her Colorado City, Texas, home. She was said to be walking, and not only did she never arrive at her destination, she wasn't expected. Her scent was tracked about halfway to her intended destination and again at a hotel, but no signs of the teen have been recovered.

There has been speculation that Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, and her then-live-in boyfriend, Shawn Adkins, have some knowledge about her whereabouts, but nothing has been confirmed regarding their innocence or guilt. Hailey's brother, David, said that when he arrived at the house the afternoon she went missing, he had to pound on the door for several minutes, with no answer. He also said, when he did get in, Adkins was standing in the hallway, looking like "a deer in headlights." Had he been caught?

Nothing appeared to be missing from Hailey's room after her disappearance, including her new iPod, cash, and her favorite clothing items that inlcude a jacket friends say she'd never leave home without. Also, it's been said that running away would be completely out of character for Hailey.

Hope for Hailey is sponsoring an event on Saturday, to celebrate Hailey's 15th birthday, complete with a prayer vigil and a balloon release. Her birthday is August 28th.

Twenty months is a long time for a teenager to be missing. Where is Hailey Dunn? Did some terrible event befall her? Does her family know more than they are letting on? Has she been taken by human traffickers? So many terrible things come to mind when discussing a young girl that's been missing for so long.

Luckily, Hailey has people in her corner that believe there is still hope for her. The people of Hope for Hailey have faith that she will return. With any luck, they are right.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:09 am

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Empty Missing teen's birthday, occasion to keep her in the public eye

Post by Nama Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:39 pm

Search volunteers are using the occasion of Hailey Dunn's 15th birthday to keep her name and picture at the center of public attention. Hailey's actual birthday is Sunday but volunteers will instead hold a prayer vigil and balloon release on Saturday, 7:45 PM, at 1804 Chestnut Street in Colorado City.

Hailey disappeared the last week of December 2010 and there has been no trace of her since. Authorities referred to the then-boyfriend of Hailey's mom, Shawn Adkins, as a person of interest in her disappearance but no charges have been filed. Both Adkins and Hailey's mom, Billie Jean Dunn, have moved away from Colorado City.

A Facebook invitation says the public is invited. "Please come join us in prayer for Hailey and those who miss and love her. Hope to see you there!"

Anyone with information can contact the Colorado City Police Department at 325-728-5294 or 1-800-The-Lost.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Empty Hailey Dunn supporters pray for missing teen's return

Post by Nama Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:05 pm

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Dunn

Since Hailey Dunn's disappearance 20 months ago, well-wishers of the Colorado City teen have waited for a break in the case, hoping for a sign that might come home.

Still hoping out hope, about 50 people gathered outside her Colorado City home in the 1800 block of Chestnut Street on Saturday night to pray for her safe return, three days before her 15th birthday.

Law enforcement officials say the last time Hailey was reported seen was the morning of Dec. 27, 2010, leaving her home.

Many of at the vigil wore neon orange T-shirts that Hailey's best friend made, and several people held purple and orange balloons that were later released up in the air.

Stacie Campbell, a resident of Coahoma, a community about 25 miles west of Colorado City, organized the event along with a devoted group of six others who are still carrying out searches for the teen.

Hailey's mother, Billie Jean Dunn, drove from Austin for the event and expressed gratitude for the people that were present.

"I just want to thank everyone has continued to hold out hope for Hailey," she said. "I'm glad each and every one of you showed up."

Hailey's mother said Shawn Adkins, her former boyfriend and the only suspect named in the case, "hasn't been an issue for months."

Adkins was not present at the vigil.

"I think most of us are here are still being hopeful," Dunn said before the event started. "I still haven't found a way to cope with it, so I find it really hard that I have to accept the fact that she's missing. Today will be hard to even see her best friend, Heather."

Hundreds of faded stuffed animals still are steps away from her home, and a "Hope for Hailey" banner that shows the smiling teen in her cheerleader outfit and asks for any information leading to an arrest is staked into the ground.

Hailey's best friend, Heather Ruth, said she missed everything about Hailey. The pair would be high school sophomores this school year at Colorado City High School.

"Her not being here is hard," Heather said. "I've thought about her a lot. I just want her to be home. It's a rough day, she's not here with me. I promised her I would stay strong and not sit here and cry."

In March, human remains found in Big Spring sparked speculation that they might be Hailey's, but they were determined to be that of a man.

Since then, leads that have popped up turned into nothing, law enforcement officials working the case have said.

Mitchell County Patrick Toombs and Colorado City Chief of Police Roy A. "Tinker" Owens said they are still holding out hope the girl will be found.

Toombs has said not finding Hailey has weighed on him and said he thinks not finding the girl has been the biggest disappointment for him this year.

Owens said his investigator is still working closely with the FBI, the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas Rangers, who are working leads as they come in.

Connie Jones, grandmother of Hailey who was at the vigil, said the pain of not having her granddaughter home for her birthday is unbearable.

"Everyone says it will get better and it hasn't," she said. "Well, it hasn't gotten any better."

A few months ago, Jones said, she had a dream in which Hailey appeared and said:

"I'm not lost, please keep up the faith. Please keep the faith because I'm not lost. Keep me in your heart."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Hailey's mother said Shawn Adkins, her former boyfriend and the only suspect named in the case, "hasn't been an issue for months."

What does that mean? That they're not together any more?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:32 pm

I bet they're together now and forever.
I think Billie is trying to convince herself that LE isn't looking at Shawn as a suspect anymore......then she can convince herself that her hunk of burnin' love didn't kill her daughter. Much easier to get through the day if she thinks that. JMHO
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:18 am

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 668692_t3001
Billie is on the right
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:23 am

Adkins was not present at the vigil.
This also stood out when I read it. "Not an issue"? For whom, HER? Of course they are still together. Now and forever just as BJ said. I think Billie knows damned good and well her "better half" Sarcasm is guilty and her tears are because she knows. I also think she could win an Oscar for her performances. my 2 cents
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Especially since this is the first time (I think) that we've acutally seen her crying (or pretending to) in public. JMO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:04 pm

IMHO, she is quite similar to TMLS.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:55 am

don't know if you can see that in video but if you go here, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:08 am

Found this FB page Billie started. She even has a link about human trafficking. WHY would she do that if she didn't either suspect or KNOW her daughter was trafficked out???? Looks like she and her Aunt Theresa were on some show. I asked what show and is there a link. Pretty interesting. Here it is:

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Empty Billie on Blog Talk Radio. OMG!! Unreal!!

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Billie posted the link on that above FB that she and her aunt were on yesterday. It's Blog Talk Radio...starts w/peeps hacking/coughing.

Here it is:
Listen to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Blog Talk Radio

crazy3
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:27 pm

Billie's FB
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:35 pm

A private investigator has been contacted in hopes of solving the missing person case of Hailey Dunn, the teenager who was last seen in Colorado City in late December 2010.

Mac Sanford, a licensed private eye based in Houston, took the case pro bono Monday after being contacted by Billie Jean Dunn, Hailey's mother.

He met with Billie Jean Dunn on Wednesday afternoon in Austin, where she is living.

"I don't want to go in there with any assumptions," Sanford said.

The hiring of Sanford was announced on the Hope for Hailey Facebook page, which is moderated by concerned community members and Dunn's family.

Hailey was last reported as being seen the morning of Dec. 27, 2010. A psychic and investigative reporter called in by the family in June were unable to turn up any new leads in the case.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:51 pm

Interesting comments.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:53 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:13 pm

New hope for Hailey Dunn: Texas PI is on the case

By Erica Morse
Editor-in-Chief, MPN
Updated 1:00pm CST, October 19th, 2012

(MPN) — There is new hope in the search for missing west Texas cheerleader Hailey Darlene Dunn, as a Private Investigator from Houston is now on the case.

Mac Sanford, a well-known Houston PI, has taken on the Hailey Dunn case, with the hope of finding the missing teen and delivering closure to her family once and for all.

Sanford is aware of all the “drama” and “rumors” surrounding the case of the missing teen, but says like any good PI, his focus is on the information that will bring Hailey home.

In an interview today, Sanford told MPN, “Hailey is my client. I intend to follow up on every sighting of her, and to sift through all the information which has been shared within the nine different jurisdictions assigned to her case.” He added, “There are some people who need to be looked at who have appeared out of nowhere in this case; and they will be.”

Hailey Dunn disappeared on December 27th, 2010, from her home in Colorado City, TX.

At the time of her disappearance, Hailey Dunn was 5’5″ tall, weighing 115-120 pounds. She has light brown hair and hazel eyes. Hailey has two distinguishable scars: one on the right side of her forehead, and one on her lip. She also wears a crystal stud in her upper left ear.

A $15,000 reward is being offered for information regarding Hailey’s whereabouts. If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, please call the Colorado City Police Department at (325) 728-5294.

A full review of the articles about Hailey may be found here.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:19 pm

UPDATE: Private Investigator Already Tracking Leads in Hailey Dunn Case

By: Victor Sotelo and Dylan Brooks
Updated: October 18, 2012

AUSTIN -- Hailey vanished in December of 2010 while walking to a friends house.

Billie Dunn is now working with a private investigator.

Victor Sotelo found out, when he went to Austin to speak to Billie Dunn and her investigator, that they already have leads and are following up.

Billie Dunn said, "I just wish I could get her, I just wish I knew where she was, I just wish for sure I knew she was there and I could just walk in and grab my daughter and bring her home."

Billie Dunn said she believes her daughter is still alive, "I want her back, I want my daughter home, I want my son to quit hurting, I want her to quit hurting, it horrible to know that your children are suffering and you cant do anything to ease their pain."

Dunn said she is more determined than ever, after 22 months of Hailey missing, "It's devastating , my daughter was thirteen, an innocent baby when she left."

Dunn says authorities have told her that they are following up on new leads.

She has also enlisted in the help of a private investigator who has taken her case free of charge.

"This case, it's interesting, I kind of followed it from the beginning," said private investigator Mac Sanford.

Sanford is a private investigator out of Houston who has had some success in the recent past in a kidnapping case.

Sanford said, "I'd been working in the Alley Lowitzer case."

He said, "I found a lot of good evidence that the authorities are running with now."

Lowistzer went missing in Spring, Texas.

Billie hopes he can do the same thing in Hailey's case.

The people they are looking at first are watching this case closely and already know he is on it.

"They immediately voiced their opposition to hiring a private investigator on Facebook and various places on the internet, you know the internet in just a cesspool of rumors and misinformation," said Sanford.

Sanford says this case will take lots of time, lots of driving and Billie says lots of praying.

"Please have that hope that she is alive, keep looking for her, keep praying, it's working," said Dunn.

The investigator also said Hailey was taken by someone she knows.

video at above link.

Hope he looks really hard at the person that is joined at Billie's hip. Sarcasm
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:41 pm

Has anyone heard the latest news?

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Uh Oh, WHAT??????
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:30 pm

I am unable to post a link at this time but I will try later when I arrive home.
A lady incarcerated in Odessa wrote a letter to her sister in Abilene claiming she knows what happened to Hailey.
Hailey was held against her will in Odessa due to a drug debt owed by Billie or Hailey's father.
She was given drugs.
KTAB media claims they have held the information for three months as requested by law enforcement.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:54 pm

New Leads in Hailey Dunn Investigation
By: BigCountryHomePage.com Staff
Updated: October 22, 2012
Authorities confirm they are looking into detailed allegations written in a letter from a woman jailed on drug charges. That woman, Sonja Renee Callahan, claims to have seen a girl fitting Hailey's description being held against her will in a West Texas home.

Callahan was being held on drug charges in a lock-up in Odessa Texas and that's where, four months ago, she wrote the letter and sent it to family members here in Abilene. Those family members shared the letter with investigators and they tell us some of those leads have proven to be valuable, and some have not.

Callahan's letter reads as a disturbing narrative of events that took place in January of 2011 which lead to the death of the unidentified young girl who, the letter states, would be 15 now.

The letter never says the name of the young girl. However, if the events are accurate, the timeline, location, as well as the girls age, coincide with Hailey's disappearance when she was 13-years-old in December of 2010.

The description of the girl mentioned in the letter also fits that of Hailey.

As another, final hint, that Callahan believes the girl may be Hailey Dunn, the letter goes on to claim it is tied to a case that is big news all around the country.

Callahan's letter states that the girl was kidnapped, kept in a house and died of an accidental overdose of certain drugs given to her by her captors to keep her compliant.

Callahan claims that she tried to help the girl, but was prevented by others involved and that, now that she has written her confession, she feels some semblance of peace and can finally sleep.

Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:08 pm

gnreed I dont know if this is the article you were talking about because I dont see anywhere that it says she was being held due to a drug debt by Billie or Clint?
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:13 pm

I watched KRBC which is a news station out of Abilene also. I will have to go back and watch it again to see who said it, but that is what they were claiming.
They stated the debt was either Billie's or Clints.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:00 pm

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:21 pm

If this is true, wouldn't Clint or Billie know about this? Really, if either or both owed money for drugs wouldn't they wonder why the person they owed the money to hasn't come after them? I would bet both were asked if either had outstanding debts or had anyone in their lives they were afraid of. That being said, IIRC, Clint passed his poly. I don't remember if it's ever been stated if Billie did. And, where does this leave Shawn Adkins in all this? I think as close as he is to Billie that her debt would also be his.

I also find it very interesting that this Toombs is just now releasing this.

How far is Odessa from Colorado City? It's not a stretch that whoever took her went to that motel room where her trail went "cold". I think both Billie and Shawn are well aware of the debt and the infinite possibility that Hailey was accosted due to their drug habit and debt.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Billie never stops lying. KTAB's Victor Sotello asks Billie if she knows the lady who wrote the letter. Billie says she doesn't, then she asks for the camera to be turned off.
Then she says she does know her.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:25 pm

I believe it makes sense. This is why Billie, Shawn, and Clint have been seen together and Clint has no hard feelings toward Shawn. I have a feeling they all know what happened to Hailey.
Billie acknowledged tonight that she heard it was over a drug debt.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 pm

gnreed, do you have links re: your above two posts? Am dying to see this.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:33 pm

Unfortunately I just watched the KRBC newscast. I don't believe they have the newscast uploaded yet.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:34 pm

OK. I sure hope they do upload it cause this is something I am sure we all want to see. Thanks, gnreed!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gnreed Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:36 pm

Keep visiting the Bigcountryhomepage.com website. I am sure they will have it updated.

FYI:
KRBC AND KTAB are identical. They are both in the same building and both have almost the same news stories.

gnreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:38 pm

New Leads in Hailey Dunn Investigation

By: BigCountryHomePage.com Staff
Updated: October 22, 2012

There has been a possible break-through in the investigation into the disappearance of Colorado City teenager, Hailey Dunn.

Authorities confirm they are looking into detailed allegations written in a letter from a woman jailed on drug charges. That woman, Sonja Renee Callahan, claims to have seen a girl fitting Hailey's description being held against her will in a West Texas home.

Callahan was being held on drug charges in a lock-up in Odessa Texas and that's where, four months ago, she wrote the letter and sent it to family members here in Abilene. Those family members shared the letter with investigators and they tell us some of those leads have proven to be valuable, and some have not.

Callahan's letter reads as a disturbing narrative of events that took place in January of 2011 which lead to the death of the unidentified young girl who, the letter states, would be 15 now.

The letter never says the name of the young girl. However, if the events are accurate, the timeline, location, as well as the girls age, coincide with Hailey's disappearance when she was 13-years-old in December of 2010.

The description of the girl mentioned in the letter also fits that of Hailey.

As another, final hint, that Callahan believes the girl may be Hailey Dunn, the letter goes on to claim it is tied to a case that is big news all around the country.

Callahan's letter states that the girl was kidnapped, kept in a house and died of an accidental overdose of certain drugs given to her by her captors to keep her compliant.

Callahan claims that she tried to help the girl, but was prevented by others involved and that, now that she has written her confession, she feels some semblance of peace and can finally sleep.

Colorado City Police tell us they investigated this letter and determined the allegations to be unfounded. However, the District Attorney's office, tells us the letter has value and they are still looking into certain elements that are providing valuable information.

Stay with us for the latest on this case.

** Editor's Note: Our news staff uncovered this new avenue of the investigation more than two months ago. We immediately took our information to investigators who asked us to not release the details because it could harm their investigation. Within the last 24 hours, we have been assured by investigators that our reporting of these details will not negatively impact the case.

video at above link - Must SEE!!
I went to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and found it there.

Last edited by Wrapitup on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Empty Fri, October 19, 2012 - Hailey Dunn Kidnapped in Texas - Explicit

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:42 pm

Listen to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Blog Talk Radio
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Empty This video is a timeline that came out today. It states both Billie and Shawn failed TWO poly's.

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:05 pm

Check out some of the comments on Billie's FB. Doesn't sound like a responsible parent worrying/wondering where her daughter is.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 am

Sonja Renee Callahan claims the girl was being held by kidnappers in an Odessa home where she was drugged and eventually died of an accidental overdose. The news agencies report the letter claims her body was then dumped behind the Ector County Coliseum. The letter she wrote was reportedly mailed out approximately four months ago.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Empty Sonja Renee Callahan

Post by Nama Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:28 am

Information:
Name: Sonja Renee Callahan
Processing Date: 05-10-2012

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Scal

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 am

New Information About Hailey Dunn
October 23, 2012 02:20 AM EDT

A letter in the possession of authorities may lead to the whereabouts of Hailey Dunn, who has been missing from Colorado City, Texas, since December 27, 2010.

This letter, written by Sonja Rene Callahan, an inmate of an Odessa jail, offers a possible theory into what may have happened to the teenage cheerleader. Callahan claims that Hailey was kidnapped due to a drug debt owed by her mother, Billie. The letter goes on to discuss the scene at the drug house where Hailey was being held, as well as saying that she had been given drugs and that Callahan had tried to help Hailey escape, but was unable to.

When the letter was read to Billie Dunn, she said that the description as well as the circumstances of Hailey's disappearance sound very similar to the ones given in the letter. She said, "It sounds like she is talking about Hailey and it sounds like she has seen her. There is so many other people, I had heard that the number was in the seventies of people who said I've seen Hailey and they gave written statements. I understand if law enforcement can't confirm that with me because they don't want us to let it out there that they're on to these people, I dont know. It fits in to everything that I am worried about. I think we are close, I think we are going to get her back." The video shown of Victor Sotelo reading the letter to Billie Dunn also says he left out the part where Callahan says the body of Hailey is in Odessa.

So where is Hailey? Could this letter really be true? Stranger things have happened. Colorado City police believe the allegations presented in the letter to be untrue, but the district attorney says they are still investigating certain portions that are providing valuable evidence. Hopefully, Sonja Renee Callahan is just batsh*t crazy, hoping to have some sort of bargaining chip. On the other hand, maybe she's telling the truth. Either way, the time has come for Hailey to come home. This community desperately needs some closure.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

# 8 - Hailey Dunn Missing in Colorado City, TX for three years/ UPDATE 04/26/13:Sources: Scurry County remains identified as Hailey Dunn  - Page 6 Empty Video of the Letter Being Read to Billie Dunn - A MUST SEE!!

Post by Wrapitup Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:48 am

Billies Dunn listens to what Sojia Renee Callahan wrote from an Odessa jail to her sister Hope Martin in Abilene.

When we mention the name Sonjia Renee, Billie Dunn first says she doesn't know the name, but the she changes her mind.

Billie said, "No, even the Sonjia name is new to me, it's recent with in the last couple of weeks, I just dont know much about these people."

Billie continues to say, "It sounds like she is talking about Hailey and it sounds like she has seen her. There is so many other people, I had heard that the number was in the seventies of people who said I've seen Hailey and they gave writen statements. I understand if law enforcement can't comfirm that with me becasue they dont want us to let it out there that they're on to these people, I dont know. It fits in to everything that I am worried about. I think we are close, I think we are going to get her back."

We've been working this exclusive story for several months. This is information that we have had for weeks.

At the request of the Colorado City Police Department, we held on to it, so we would not interfere with the investigation.

Colorado City police tell us they investigated this letter and determined the allegations to be unfounded.

However, the district attorney's office, tells us the letter has value and they are still looking into certain elements that are providing valuable information.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:39 am

totally OT but when the picture of Sonja showed up on my screen I had to do a double take she looks exactly like one of my best friends. I e-mailed the pic to her and she said she must have had a wild night she doesnt remember ever being in jail LOL
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next