Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Attorney Jose Baez A Bit Worried?

+2
Juanita
Wrapitup
6 posters

Go down

Is Attorney Jose Baez A Bit Worried? Empty Is Attorney Jose Baez A Bit Worried?

Post by Wrapitup Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:37 am

Caylee Anthony – Is Attorney Jose Baez A Bit Worried?
Posted on July 18th, 2009 by Jan Barrett

Caylee Anthony disappeared last year in mid June and her mother, Casey Anthony didn’t even bother to report the child missing for 31 days. The question as to why has remains a mystery to many of us, unless you want to accept the answers they give like Casey was out doing her own investigations. She apparently was doing thorough searches in nightclubs and on the dance floors, in Target and Blockbuster too. I can see where that would take up a lot of time while searching. Yeah right! And we were all born yesterday.

Casey was arrested when a Florida Grand Jury handed down an indictment for first degree murder against her and she has been in jail ever since. On December 11, 2008 the remains (yes George I called it remains because thanks to your daughter that was all that was left of this poor child) were found and people from across the world cried.

Now as a grandmother, if this had been my grandchild that was finally found I would have been a wreck. I would be crying and wanting to see where she was found and most of all I would be lashing out at the person responsible for my grandchild’s death. George and Cindy Anthony, Caylee’s grandparents, are very different. What did they do the night they found out about this? They flew home from their little trip that they were on to appear on the Larry King Show to defend their murderous monster daughter, and went to the Ritz Hotel, checked into a room and had steak dinner in a party style with Jose Baez, Dominic Casey, Michelle Bart and who knows who else. Rumor has it that they were seen sitting at the table laughing and smiling as if nothing had happened.

Now Casey’s defense team has managed to get the trial delayed until January. All this was so to the newest attorney added to the wanna-be dream team Andrea Lyon who says the court date set would interfere with her teaching job saying she won’t have enough time in her schedule to prepare for Casey’s case. What a crock! And to make matters worse the judge granted the delay. Unbelievable! If she can’t fit this trial into her busy schedule she shouldn’t have taken on the case. I suppose she didn’t want to miss out on the chance of that book deal she might get with her being on this wanna-be dream team.

Now another motion filed by Baez and Lyon to delay having to go to trial on the fraud charges that the prosecutors have on Casey for stealing money and forging her friend’s name on her checks and cashing them. They are telling the courts that they can’t afford to waste their precious time and resources on a fraud case with the capital case still hanging over their heads. Well boo-hoo for them. Casey did the crime now let the witch pay for it like anyone else that has committed a crime does.

This motions reads:

“The complexity of the capital case necessitates a delay in the check forgery case.”

The attorneys are trying to tell the courts that forcing them to go to trial for the fraud charges first would divert their attention from the murder trial and impede her right to a fair trial. Since the death penalty has been added they claim they need more time to prepare since Lyon will needs to catch up with the case.

By their way of thinking they say that since Amy Huizenga, Casey’s ex-friend has been compensated by her bank and Baez’s firm reimbursed the bank for more than $600 there should be no harm in delaying it.

My question here is why should Casey get this delay at the expense of Amy Huizenga’s justice for what has happened to her? Bowing down to Jose Baez and his demands doesn’t seem to be quite fair to Amy. She is the victim here and I know if it were me in her shoes I would be expressing my rights to a speedy trial and make them go to a trial now. Casey has had enough privileges set for her. She thinks she is a dam princess enough now anyway. It is time to take her damn crown away and bring her back to reality, where if you put yourself in this position you must pay for it.

Another motion filed by Baez is to prevent the state from using statements made by Leonard Padilla or any of his employees as evidence in the trial. Baez claims that they were working for him at the time so everything they heard should be privileged information.

According to defense lawyer, Richard Hornsby the agreements are worthless that were signed because Florida statutes do not allow attorneys and bail bondsmen to enter into confidentiality arrangements.

“Jose Baez should have never had a reasonable expectation that anything she said would be confidential or fall under the attorney client privilege and that’s a big problem,” said Hornsby. “He should have advised her right away – don’t say anything to anybody.”

Padilla has said that Anthony has made some damaging statements such as “They haven’t even found the clothes she was wearing”

“Everything’s been a game to her…to lead us to believe the clothing was somewhere but not in the proximity of the body,” said Padilla.

Whatever it is that Padilla and his employees have that they can say on that witness stand must be something that can really hurt the defense’s case. If not, why would they bother going through the trouble to block it from being used. I said Jose (sleazebag) Baez is starting to run a bit scared.

I think that Caylee’s justice is way over due. Her life was taken from her way too early and she deserves to receive justice. Let’s hope that the judge doesn’t listen to Baez and Lyon and that he allows all this to go on with no more delays so not only Caylee can get her justice but so the person responsible for all this no longer receives royalty status and she finally pays for this horrible thing she has done to her own daughter.

God Bless You Caylee Marie. We are all still fighting for you and we still love you!

Jan Barrett

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Is Attorney Jose Baez A Bit Worried? Empty Re: Is Attorney Jose Baez A Bit Worried?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:52 am

KC has enough lawyers. One can handle the fraud while the others handle the murder trial. Who do they think they are fooling with the delay tactics? KC should be tried on the fraud and theft charges ASAP. Otherwise what does that say about our justice system?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Is Attorney Jose Baez A Bit Worried? Empty Re: Is Attorney Jose Baez A Bit Worried?

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:54 pm

wrapitup & lindamarie,

They are fooling NO ONE with these delay tactics. The passion I feel for CAYLEE just grows, it is fueled by all the SCREAM TEAM/ANTS/BOZO, the circus created to make us forget about that precious child that has become the ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM. Even the ANT's don't SPEAK Caylee's name, unless they are forced to

Maybe A Lyons said to BOZO, "You Keep your DUMB ASS BUSY, file some of those MOTIONS you are so famous for, even those you file with NO MERIT because your INEPT, BUT, maybe it will keep them off my back so I can teach my classes & promote my BOOK!" LOL! She might tell him that if Judge Strickland might feel sorry for him & grant just one MOTION. & by the way BOZO, how is that FLA. Bar investigation coming? JMO. Forgive me for venting my anger, I feel better.

wrapitup, thanks for the link, I read this & thought to myself, the Barrett's say a lot of times what no one else wants to. I am glad Jan is asking those questions.

Last edited by artnut12345 on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Juanita Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:47 pm

The day a judge feels sorry for a lawyer and grants him a motion, is the day we should all mourn for the death of justice.

now that i can see there is alot of evidence we havent seen like the duct tape analysis and others, i appreciate the loophole in the sunshine law which brings me to appreciate more the reasons for blocking some of the docs Baez wants to block. However, you cant block everything, and the reasons he has given in the past "embarras my client" simply isnt going to fly. These have to be really good reasons in her defense like maybe a statement from a witness that will actually be thrown out due to the witness lying or something like that, that would be a good reason, but for these broad motions like, give me every conversation from the guy who found the body, its really rediculous and a HUGE WASTE of time and taxpayer money. 🐷
Juanita
Juanita

http://janiesuper.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:26 pm

From what I have read about Andrea Lyons, she files on every little thing that there is even a remote possibility of qualifying the defendant for an appeal.

I understand that there is some new law that makes it extremely difficult to appeal on grounds unless a motion was filed before or during the trial. So she doesn't hesitate to file motions left and right on any little thing that could possibly (even remotely) be used to qualify for an appeal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:45 pm

Wildflower,

KC is certainly entitled to a Defense, but, thus far, what we have seen is an inexperienced, inept attorney filing motions on anything he can think of, JMO, even if they have NO LEGAL MERIT.

My favorite of BOZO looking like a COMPLETE IDIOT in front of the JUDGE & the media, was when the ANT's motion, also of NO LEGAL MERIT, failed. Judge Strickland explained to the ANT's that due to the SUnshine Law, he would have to release it.

THEN, that NUTJOB stood up & asked to be heard. He asked Judge Strickland if the DEFENSE could have 48 hours so BOZO could discuss filing a motion on this SAME ISSUE, releasing the Autopsy Report to the public. He got a flat NO!! from Judge Strickland. His incompetence is scarey!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:32 pm

It's one thing to file the motions even if you expect them to be denied. Notice, Andrea Lyons isn't running around hunting up interviews. Baez, on the other hand, cannot get enough camera time. He lives for it. He pouts and makes an issue over how unfair his "girl" is being treated just to get his face in front of a camera.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyjustice37 Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:53 pm

all lawyers, in this case, should be a bit worried IMO!
ladyjustice37
ladyjustice37

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:24 pm

when is strickland going to rule on all these motions? there
is a document dump expected by the end of the month
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:20 am

artgal16,

I have read the DUMP is expected at the end of the month, which will include the forensics on KC's car & 800 pages on Jesse G. I haven't read anything else the DUMP will include.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:52 am

oh nice! :D can't wait!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:27 pm

what in the world can be in 800 pages on Jessie Grund?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by ladyjustice37 Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:23 pm

artgal16 wrote:what in the world can be in 800 pages on Jessie Grund?

Does this mean the prosecution/state gathered 800 pages of information on j. g.? If so I think it will be quite interesting.
ladyjustice37
ladyjustice37

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:03 am

Probably just all about him being engaged to her and how he and his family watched Caylee. I feel for the Grund's.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:34 am

The poor Grund family. their association with the Not Mom has totally changed their lives. can you imagine what their legal fees must be like??
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down