Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hal Boedeker article on Cindy Anthony exploiting Caylee for money

2 posters

Go down

Hal Boedeker article on Cindy Anthony exploiting Caylee for money Empty Hal Boedeker article on Cindy Anthony exploiting Caylee for money

Post by artgal16 Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:55 am

Here is the link from the Orlando Sentinel on Hal Boedeker's article taken
from an article on wesh.com about Cindy Anthonys latest exploitation of Caylee
by going on 48 hours and receiving payment for "visuals". This is the strongest
article I have read criticizing the Anthonys for their exploitation of Caylee.
Notice he states how the Anthonys like the limelight a little too much - and its all
too true!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For journalists, the Casey Anthony case is increasingly becoming a study in ethics. For the public, it's a matter of basic decency.

WESH-Channel 2's Bob Kealing last night highlighted information from Lee Anthony's last deposition.

Prosecutors noted that Cindy Anthony, Lee's mother, had testified that she was receiving "some sort of remuneration" from the murder case, Tom Luka, Lee's former attorney, told the station.

Casey Anthony, Lee's sister and Cindy's daughter, is charged with the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee.

Lee Anthony told prosecutors that he wasn't receiving any money, Luka said. In fact, several news organizations approached Lee Anthony, and he turned them all down, Luka said.

Kealing raised the possibility that Cindy Anthony is receiving money from CBS' "48 Hours Mystery" for a program that is scheduled to air soon. CBS News says it doesn't pay for interviews, but it does license photographs and video to tell a story -- a standard practice in the industry.

That's where the journalism ethics come in. Kelly McBride of the Poynter Institute, a Florida school for journalists, said that if a licensing fee is a way to pay for information, then that information could be tainted.

Kealing noted that a network may pay thousands for photos or footage. He cited the example of ABC's "Good Morning America" paying meter reader Roy Kronk $20,000 for a photo of a snake. Kronk, who found Caylee's remains, also sat for a "GMA" interview in New York.

Kealing didn't cite other examples. ABC's "20/20" and "Dateline NBC" have paid licensing fees in the Anthony case.

For the public, the issue is simpler. Many people simply see it as wrong that the Anthonys have benefited in any way from the story of their granddaughter's death. To those observers, George and Cindy Anthony betrayed their granddaughter and obscured the truth.

Morning programs, such as NBC's "Today," CNN's "Larry King Live" and CBS' "Early Show," have flown George and Cindy Anthony in for interviews and put them up in hotels. ABC News paid for the grandparents' stay in a posh local hotel after Caylee's remains were found.

But what have the Anthonys done to merit such treatment? It's not like they have a movie or a book to promote. No, they just have a story to tell, one that has changed over the months. They also seem to like the spotlight too much.

Television networks will hold to their line that the licensing is a standard practice, but the public senses something isn't right with the arrangement. It just took the shameless example of the Anthonys to give the issue new prominence.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Hal Boedeker article on Cindy Anthony exploiting Caylee for money Empty Re: Hal Boedeker article on Cindy Anthony exploiting Caylee for money

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:16 am

shame on the ants! and shame on these people who have enabled them and given them a reward for lying to LE and to the public about this precious baby girl!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Hal Boedeker article on Cindy Anthony exploiting Caylee for money Empty Re: Hal Boedeker article on Cindy Anthony exploiting Caylee for money

Post by artgal16 Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:31 am

wesh.com has this additionally:
WESH 2 News tried to obtain more specific information from Cindy Anthony's attorney, Brad Conway, but he did not return phone calls or text messages.end

Naturally they arent going to comment. I just checked out the Anthonys "foundation" for Caylee no one has updated it since April of this year it looks like. Its a "dead" site in my opinion. The Ants obviously arent making money for "administrative duties" for their so-called foundation so now they are scrambling for other ways to make money. My prediction - this interview on 48 hours will be just the beginning of seeing the Ants on TV and print. I just hope that they will run out of pictures and videos to show or they get recycled to a point where no one will pay them for them anymore. This is true exploitation of a dead child and Im going to email them thru their foundation to let them know the disgust I feel for them.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:43 am

I have never seen so many pictures of a 2 yr old in my life. Caylee has many pictures and video's floating around out there. We all know they are making money off the licensing fees. It is really sick to enable these people to spread their lies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:51 am

I think that Casey was an avid photographer and they probably have hundreds of pictures of Caylee and videos too
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:37 pm

Its about time people in the news are writing about how wrong it is for the Anthonys to be profiting from little Caylees death. Artnut reminded me of a topic I started on CSO about following the money tree.

I don't think these networks have to tell how much money they pay out for "licenseing". But if Kronk was paid $20,000 for a picture of a snake and Christine, Caseys friend was paid $5,000 for a few words in the Enquirer we can only guess.
We have all heard how much money has been paid to paparrazi for pictures that appear in magazines. Can you imagine how many people will be watching 48 hours? I bet they got "big" money for doing this.

And now my friends we know why Cindy and George are not working.

It makes one quite sick remembering how rude Cindy was to Zenida's attorney at the deposition and how she showed no respect for the court proceedings and now she has gone on to a big payday.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down