Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The most chilling article I have ever read regarding Casey Anthony

+3
laga
jeanne1807
artgal16
7 posters

Go down

The most chilling article I have ever read regarding Casey Anthony Empty The most chilling article I have ever read regarding Casey Anthony

Post by artgal16 Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:31 pm

This is really a chilling and disturbing, but I believe highly accurate, portrayal of Casey Anthony's
motivations and behavior that you will never have read the likes of before.
from the source
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We have looked at the apparent severity of the three “toxic traits” of the Dark Triad, psychopathy, narcissism, and Machiavellianism, as exhibited in Casey’s behavior and treatment of others. What we have found on this cursory review is, to intentionally understate it, she is not lacking in any of the three traits. So, borrowing heavily from Marilee Strong’s work in Erased, we will look at what Casey’s Dark Triad means from a criminal profile standpoint applying Strong’s observations of the male eraser killer to the theorized female eraser killer to see if we have a fit.

Strong states about the eraser killer’s appearance in life to others:

Unlike most other murderers, he very often has no criminal record and sometimes no history of violence whatsoever.

He is also someone who has always been a fabricator of reality. He is not your harmless garden-variety fibber but a compulsive, pathological liar whose lies are meant to get a reaction out of other; to inspire their admiration, to evoke their sympathy, to get him exactly what he wants. He makes up stories big and small, often lying about things for no readily apparent reason. But he is especially practiced at deceiving others about who he really is.

The expertise at lying and manipulation that is needed to successfully lead a double life is indicative of a high degree of Machiavellian thinking and behavior.

We see in Casey’s life that for at least 2 years prior to Caylee’s murder Casey was living a double life. One life being that of a diploma-less, uneducated, jobless, aimless, irresponsible mother who spent her days God knows where and doing God knows what, dragging her child in tow through environs we only have a small glimpse into (random boyfriends’ apartments, parties, etc.), living with her parents and lending no real support to the financial responsibilities of her child, and stealing from parents, grandparents and friends. The other life was based completely on lies and was projected by Casey to her family and friends. She was an event coordinator at Universal who was involved in the exciting world of concerts, major events, possessing the dream job where she had flexible hours, the ability to network from home, had a nanny that doted lovingly over her child and allowed her freedom to live a cosmopolitan life, had over $10,000 in savings, and was about to purchase a home.

When the delusional life was threatened by those who questioned her lies (George, Lauren Gibbs, etc.) she either walked away from them, as in the case of Lauren, or manipulated the situation with anger and the enlistment of her number one enabler, Cindy. Cindy was always there to stop those (particularly George) who threatened to “look behind the veil”. But the enabler couldn’t keep all from seeing the reality of the situation. Sean Daly, allegedly one of Casey’s closest friends, stated in his interview with OCSO that Casey had been a liar since way back in high school.

In reference to the “erasure” of their victims, Strong states:

…a form of intimate partner (or domestic) homicide that is committed…in a carefully planned manner, often through bloodless means known as a “soft kill” (such as smothering, suffocating, or strangling) so as to leave behind as little evidence as possible or with the crime scene thoroughly cleaned up. To further cover his tracks, the eraser killer disposes of his victim’s body by some means meant to ensure that it will never be found, or erases anything that links him to the death by “staging” the murder as something completely different – an accident, a suicide, or a crime committed by a total stranger…

Casey took the following eraser steps: she covered her tracks well, primarily by staying away from all people who could question her statements of where Caylee was for 30 days; and she disposed of the body in a place she knew it would be hard to locate. Dumped in a swampy, overgrown patch of land on a dead-end street, with nothing very close in proximity but a school that was out for the summer, the placement of Caylee’s body allowed Casey ample time to wait out the destruction of evidence. That the body was so close to the Anthony home can be explained by the effect Casey’s high level of psychopathy can have. While her Mach tendencies would have her diabolically address the issue that the body should be disposed far from home, her psychopathic tendencies would introduce “sloppy work” into the disposal of the body. The psychopath Casey couldn’t be bothered with spending that much time to drive the body to a distant location. And then, lastly, while the imaginary “Zanny”, as far as Casey tells it, was no total stranger, she was a total stranger to everyone else in Caylee’s life. It is the classic SODDI (Some Other Dude Did It) presentation.

Eraser killers have been known to use more brutal and bloody means of murder than the listed “soft kill” techniques, but at the same time, when we bring the Mach tendencies of the eraser killer, it defaults to trying to commit the crime in an expedient manner. With expedient being defined both during the kill as well as what has to be dealt with after the kill. With the current theory of the manner of death, as presented by Mr. Ashton, we see the proposed technique of smothering/suffocating via the application of duct tape.

Strong goes on to state:

Eraser killers often go to extraordinary lengths not just to manipulate a crime scene or make a [victim] disappear but also to manipulate the police, the courts, and justice itself as part of their high-stakes game. This manipulation, I believe, is something that is also key to the nature of the eraser killer and becomes almost an end in itself – an enjoyable battle of wits in which he is sure he will always come out on top.

Murder is harder to prove when the killer takes pains to leave no physical evidence behind. Someone clever enough to make sure his victim’s body remains hidden stands a good chance of never being charged with murder, much less convicted.

Althought he may actively participate in the search for a missing loved one, he will be using his full array of skills to direct any inquiries or police investigation toward fictious threats and other suspects and away from himself.

In these particular statements we see reference to what we have observed of Casey in her interviews with OCSO and her refusal to cooperate further in the investigation into the disappearance of Caylee. Casey was attempting to “buy time” as her daughter’s body lay decaying, and she was successful in that effort. Her successful delay and diversion of the investigation led to the total skeletonization of Caylee’s remains and the elimination of almost all evidence of how Caylee was murdered. But in addition, we see that Casey ENJOYED the way she manipulated the investigation. We can see this in her statements in the jailhouse visits with her parents and Lee. She talks of the investigators as if they are incompetent, and that they can’t understand “the clues” she has given them – in other words, as if they can’t understand “Casey-bonics”.

We are given a second look at how Casey seems to be enjoying the confusion she has created in the investigation through two incidences share by Tracey McLaughlin. The first occurred on the evening of the first day Casey was out on bond. Tracey tells of Casey glibbly stating “they don’t even have the timeline right” for when she used the shovel. The timeline confusion can only be assigned to Casey and the Anthonys since they are the ones that could not produce the last time any of them saw Caylee within a one week period. The second occurrence happened when they were all watching the news report that a hair that matched DNA from either Casey or Caylee had been found in the trunk and showed signs of coming from a decomposing body. Tracey states Casey announced something to the effect of “Well, I’m still alive!”

Strong continues with:

Once they made the decision to kill, they began purging all traces of the victim’s existence in their lives. Many began getting rid of the woman’s possessions within days of her disppearance, pulling up stakes, changing their lifestyles dramatically.

While we have no evidence Casey started giving any of Caylee’s things away, we do see an abandonment of things that should have held sentimental value to Casey – such as the mama doll left in the abandoned car and the Winnie the Pooh blanket left with the remains. If we accept Cindy’s statement at face value, we have a contrary instance where Casey is alleged to have taken Caylee’s teddy bear with her to Tony’s apartment…indicating she gathered something of Caylee to her instead of eliminating it from her life. One thing we have ample evidence of is Casey’s almost immediate change in lifestyle. She moved in full-time with Tony, began partying sometimes several nights a week, took on the role of “shot-girl” at Fusion, and got a tattoo memorializing her beautiful life. If we are to believe prior friends’ statements, Casey went from not engaging in recreational drug use to smoking pot, maybe even taking other drugs, and drinking excessively and frequently.

In reference to the planning of the erasure, Strong state:

Many put an extraordinary amount of thought into their crimes, researching methods of killing and means of body disposal, and boning up on investigatory and forensic techniques.

Because these [killers] premeditate and plan their killings with inordinate stealth and cunning, because they are fearless and expert at manipulating and deceiving those around them, because they hold nearly everything that is true about them in complete secrecy, the [victims] in their lives often have no idea they are in mortal danger until it is too late.

We have the circumstantial evidence of Google searches on the Anthony desktop for such things as chloroform and how to make it, shovels, and neck breaking. We have the forensics from the computer showing that some one in the Anthony home had been reading about, and had even signed up for alerts on missing children cases. And we have the mysterious situation where Casey began using the name of the person she would ultimately blame the kidnapping, and by default the murder, of Caylee on up to a year and half before Caylee’s murder. It appears Casey had long considered erasing Caylee.

In this case the victim would have been unawares no matter what kind of profile Casey was assigned. Caylee was an innocent child, trusting and unconditionally loving her mother no matter what type of care she was being given, or not given. But the stealth involved in the eraser killer profile would lead to those around Casey and Caylee being unaware of the impending danger to Caylee until it was too late. We can see in multiple statements from friends and family where there is disbelief expressed that Casey would have ever done anything to Caylee. She is described as being a “good mother” (although that statement coming from partying young people with no children of their own must be qualified). Casey presented the image of an attentive mother. But in the statements made by Amy, and Maria Kish, we see that this was just a facade.

Amy tells of Casey dragging Caylee to parties and putting her down on the couch in the middle of a party where Caylee would sleep through the activities of the night. Marie Kissh, Clint House’s girlfriend, expressed concerns in her interview over the lack of care and attention she saw Casey giving Caylee. She tells of Caylee being left in a room full of strangers while Casey went in the bedroom for a romp with Tony. Maria also tells of an incident where Caylee is left unattended on the balcony of Tony’s apartment.

In regards to the callous nature of the eraser killer, Strong has this to share:

The cardinal feature of all three syndromes, which plays into all the individual characteristics of Dark Triad disorders, is the absence of empathy. The ability to empathize with others, to “feel their pain”, is a core part of what makes us human. People with this ugly contellation of traits can lie, cheat, use, manipulate, hurt, and kill with impunity because they are completely indifferent to the suffering of others. The utter callousness displayed by eraser killers is all the more astonishing, considering that their victims are supposedly their “loved” ones.

The eraser killer will exhibit neither mourning nor real signs of emotional loss, and will almost always exhibit strangely inappropriate behavior and speech after the mysterious death of his [loved one].

Again, this is the facet of Casey’s behavior that causes us observers to suffer the most distress. Her callous, self-centered and unemotional words during a situation she, herself, has described as having her daughter kidnapped and missing for 30 days, in a location she has no knowledge of, and whose well-being she cannot confirm leaves us speechless and unable to grasp what we are hearing. When confronted in her first phone call from jail by her friend Kristina Chester beginning to break down and sob while she states she doesn’t know what she’ll do if something has happened to Caylee, Casey’s response is, “Calling you guys…a waste, a huge waste.” Just days after what should have been her daughter’s 3rd birthday, we hear Casey in a jailhouse visit with her parents whine and voice resentment over the fact they all ate chili without her. We’ve seen her make the appearance of crying but a few times, and each of those have been connected to statements made about her – not Caylee.

Strong shares this information on eraser killers:

Numerous scientific studies have measured the actual autonomic response in individuals exposed to a series of distressing images, such as a photograph of a crying child…In all the studies, psychopaths showed markedly less distress about the suffering of other people than control subjects.

How many mothers take a picture like this of their child?
the picture that was show was of Caylee crying and holding her arms out to her mother
sorry but I couldnt get it to post maybe BJ could do it.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

The most chilling article I have ever read regarding Casey Anthony Empty Re: The most chilling article I have ever read regarding Casey Anthony

Post by artgal16 Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:02 pm

There are several other parts to the above article at the website I posted above. In one they rate Casey's mental state as to "clinical to extreme psychopath".
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

The most chilling article I have ever read regarding Casey Anthony Empty Re: The most chilling article I have ever read regarding Casey Anthony

Post by artgal16 Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:13 pm

Erased: Missing Women Murdered Wives by
Marilee Strong :
In her exhaustively researched account of the Scott Peterson trial and similar cases, journalist Strong (A Bright Red Scream) makes a convincing case that there is a growing number of men—whom she calls eraser killers—who murder their wives or girlfriends with premeditation and dispose of the body in an attempt to make both the crime and the victim disappear. They kill, says Strong, because the woman no longer serves any 'purpose' in the man's emotionally desolate world, or because he sees her as an obstacle to a life he fantasizes for himself. Strong traces the phenomenon back to the 1906 case of Chester Gillette, convicted for murdering his pregnant mistress and the model for Dreiser's An American Tragedy. Between the Gillette and Peterson cases is a series of gruesome murders that Strong contends were committed by husbands who then staged kidnappings or robberies to disguise the murder or simply stashed the bodies so well that they are never found. Her accounts of various eraser killings around the country are compelling, but none more so than her meticulously detailed examination of Laci Peterson's murder. With its blend of novelistic journalism and concise psychiatric research, Strong's exposé will appeal to more than just true crime fans. end
The above synopsis of Marilee Strongs book is what was used for a basis of comparison in Casey Anthony's case.
Also we can add a new husband to that list of "eraser killers" Josh Powell fits the bill exactly.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:35 am

Josh Powell, the newest, came to mind right away as I was reading this article. Fasinating reading..Thank you.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:29 am

Chilling read indeed. Thanks Artgal for posting this.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:11 pm

And to add, she was erasing Caylee b4 she killed her. Per Jessie G. she deleted about 200 pics of her and Caylee from her computer. She belongs in prison, away from all others, for the rest of her earthly life. Nobody would be safe in her path.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:17 pm

This woman who wrote this book which Im goning to buy, is really right on the mark isnt she? The term
eraser killer really fits so many of the cases we have
seen.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by janie Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Thanks so much artgal this is so interesting and as you said right on the mark! I think I would like to read her book too!
janie
janie

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:51 pm

wow.. very chilling article indeed!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:58 pm

I posted the article from the Hinky meter rather
backward below is her introduction to the series
she wrote about Casey that clarifys some the points she made in the up-thread posted article:

This will serve as an introduction to a series of articles in which we will delve into the psychological profile of the type of killer Casey Anthony represents. Casey is the latest in a series of mothers who have committed filicide, but in a manner that fits a profile previously ascribed to men. Casey represents a new profile of killer.

This series will draw heavily from the work of Marilee Strong and her book Erased: Missing Women, Murdered Wives. In Ms. Strong’s book she presents an intricate analysis of the profile of the “male eraser killer”. Those killers such as Scott Peterson, L. Ewing Scott, Mark Hacking, Barton Corbin, Chester Gillette, John Smith, Drew Peterson, and in the current headlines, Josh Powell, have one thing in common – they killed their wives or girlfriends to eliminate an obstacle to achieving a fantasy life they had deluded themselves into believing they deserved. The women (and oft times their unborn children) were viewed as impediments to that goal.

Casey Anthony matches the psychological profile of the eraser killer to a tee. Her only differences from those identified to date – she is a woman, and her sole victim her child. To be clear, to speak of a new profile does not mean that type of killer has not existed previously, nor does it mean that the type of crime committed has not been under a type of “social learning” in which like-minded criminals perfect their planned murder by viewing the failures and successes of those who came and attempted the same before them (as pointed out by Strong). It should be noted that rarely is a “perfect murder” committed, and if one is – we never learn of it. Just as with serial killers, they existed prior to Jack the Ripper, and have existed – unknown, undetected except by the missing never recovered – since. The only ones that are open to study, are those who ALMOST committed a perfect murder. The same is true for the new breed of eraser killer – women who kill their children for their own personal gain. We will term this breed of killer – this new profile – female erasers.

Curiously, for many of the male eraser killers identified by Strong, the apparent line that was crossed to set their murderous plan in action was the conception of a child. Whether it be from them viewing the responsibilities of a child as a further restriction to them obtaining the way of life they have deluded themselves to believe they should have, or whether it is because they see the coming child as a threat to their ability to be the center of attention, or the focus of affection, the collection of female victims of male eraser killers exhibit a high rate of pregnancy at the time of their murders.

This writer contends that Casey Anthony was driven by the same views of Caylee as these male eraser killers had of their wives, girlfriends and unborn children. She saw Caylee as an obstacle to all she had fantasized. And I intend to show she saw Caylee as competition to the attention and affection and control her psychological make-up required she command. Casey required that Caylee be erased.

We have often heard Cindy Anthony state before cameras “there is no motive, there is no motive”. I intend to prove that the profile of Casey Anthony IS the motive for Caylee’s murder. If Cindy needs to find a motive in order to accept the reality she has been denying – I challenge her to look directly into her daughter’s eyes. The motive will be staring right back at her.

Casey IS the motive. Casey Anthony is a female eraser.
source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:29 pm

umm idk what's the big deal on the pic of Caylee crying. not trying to be mean. but i do have pics of my kids crying, just to show them when they get older. i think it's cute and usually take em when they are throwing a tantrum.
have you guys taken the quiz that's on the link?
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:34 pm

I read the above book. Chiling.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:45 am

more on Eraser killers and the possible motive
in the Anthony Case
As I stated in the introduction of this series, I believe Casey’s motive is shown in her profile as an eraser killer. While there may very well have been a triggering event (i.e. fight with Cindy, ultimatum from parents, etc.), that triggering event, if one occurred, only set the date of Caylee’s erasure, not the inevitability. From Marilee Strong’s book, Erased:

Fundamentally, eraser killers do not kill for the reasons normally ascribed to murderers, such as greed, sex, or jealousy. They eliminate the women, and sometimes children, in their lives because their victims no longer serve any “purpose” in the emotionally desolate world of the eraser killer, or are seen as impediments to the kind of life they covet and fantasize for themselves. In the mind of this type of murderer, it is better, easier, and more satisfying for him to kill than simply to get a divorce.

There has been much talk about an alleged event that was reported early on to have taken place on June 15th, 2008, but has never been confirmed. That was the day Cindy and Caylee went to Mt. Dora and visited Cindy’s mother and then her father in the nursing home. Mark Fuhrman was the the first to state Cindy and George told him of a “big fight” on the night of June 15th. Reference to this fight was made again in Richard Grund’s interview with OCSO when he stated Lee Anthony had told Jesse Grund of the fight. Jesse would later confirm this in his September 9, 2008 interview with OCSO when he stated Lee had told him of a “heated argument” in which Cindy tried to choke Casey.

Cindy, George and Lee all now deny that any such argument took place that night, but I believe the truth will come out if Cindy did, in fact, confess this to Mark Fuhrman. Assuming this argument did occur, it results in a couple of theoretical scenarios that would make sense as being the triggering event for an eraser killer to remove their victim:

* Scenario 1 – Cindy gave Casey an ultimatum that she must either immediately straighten up her life (which may have included telling her she had to financially contribute to the household – which she had never done), start staying home with Caylee in the evenings, etc. In this scenario we can see that an eraser killer would view Caylee and the mandates that came with her as an impediment to the lifestyle Casey wanted to pursue with Tony. There would be no sleeping over night after night with Tony, and the clubbing would grind to a near halt…not to mention the inconvenience of having to actually hold down a job.

Again, from Strong:

His goal is to erase his victim…to expunge her from the record of his life. If she is pregnant with a child he does not want – and an unwanted pregnancy is an alarmingly common motive for eraser killings – he is killing two birds with one stone, eliminating what he views as dead weight dragging him down. In his mind, he is not really murdering a human being; he is simply rearranging the world to better suit his needs, to remove a major annoyance or let him make a fresh start of things.

He is killing because the [victim] in question has become inconvenient.

Anyone who stood between Scott Peterson and the fantasy he held so dear, the narcissistic fix he desperately craved, was in mortal danger.

The emotional and economic demands of child rearing are especially disconcerting to Machiavellians, narcissists, and even lower-level psychopaths whose entire focus is on their own grossly inflated sense of self…children make it much more difficult to live out their fantasies.

Scott’s [Peterson] desire to get rid of his wife was not about replacing her with Amber or any particular woman. It was a more nebulous quest to make reality conform to his fantasies. His grandiose lies were projections of the life he wished he had, the person he wanted to be.

* Scenario 2 – Cindy had a reached the point where she actually followed the advice of the counselor she had previously been seeing and told Casey that if she didn’t straighten out her life she had to immediately leave the house – without Caylee. There may have also been the threat of taking legal action to obtain legal guardianship of Caylee based on showing Casey to be an unfit mother. In this case we see the high Narcissism and Mach levels play into the possible reaction by Casey. The “if I can’t have her, no one can have her” that can be seen in many cases of erased wives and girlfriends by the male eraser killers.

So why wouldn’t Casey just leave, run to Tony, and let her parents take over the raising of Caylee? Even Cindy has asked the question, rhetorically, of course, and trying (in an abysmal failure) to show that Casey didn’t need to kill Caylee, she could have just left her with Cindy. Strong addresses this:

Rather than going the route of divorce, however painful, the sociopathic part of him chooses a darker solution – which in his mind is low cost. Being a narcissist, he has a heightened sense of his own capability. He believes he can get away with it. He believes he can commit the perfect crime.

Narcissists crave the admiration of others. Murder is more palatable than divorce for men like Scott Peterson because simply leaving or divorcing a pregnant wife would tarnish the image they have crafted of themselves, however false…Fox believes that they may even look foward to playing the role of grieving widower and enjoying the attention and sympathy that would involve.

* Scenario 3 – either the same ultimatums laid out in scenario 2, or just flat a heated argument in which Cindy unloaded years of frustration on how Casey was not taking on responsibilities, etc. but ultimately the reaction by Casey would reduce “spite”. If Cindy had the audacity to treat the narcissistic Casey as anything other than special – entitled to her wants without question – Casey could have murdered Caylee simply to exact her anger on Cindy. In the words of Casey to Lee on the night of July 16th – “Well, maybe I’m a spiteful bitch.”

From Strong:

…personal betrayal, whether real or imagined, is often a key triggering mechanism for psychopathic violence.

If we remove the possibility of the triggering event, we still can see, in the pattern identified by Strong when looking at male eraser killers, that Casey’s potentially inability to have true feelings for Caylee may have lead to her erasing Caylee as an encumberance to her life with Tony. Whether her decision to remove this burden, named Caylee, was because Tony didn’t want to have girls, Casey didn’t want to be bothered any longer with Caylee, or Caylee was about to start talking and letting Cindy know how Casey was spending her days, the ability to just remove Caylee shows the unnatural lack of motherly love Casey appears to have had.

Many men experience some ambivalence about having children, but for eraser killers these feelings seem to be particularly acute…These men felt nothing for their children…no warmth, no empathy, no sense of responsibility.

According to Robert Hare, “psychopaths see children as an inconvenience,” an inconvenience some are not willing to tolerate. Because they lack empathy and compassion, psychopaths cannot become caregivers in any real sense of sublimate their needs and desires to those of a child.

But in addition to that, Casey could have actually viewed Caylee as competition. The strong narcissistic tendencies we see in Casey demanded that she be the center of attention. There is NO QUESTION that Casey’s narcissism – her virtual DEMAND to be the focus of all love and attention – had already placed herself before Caylee in the past. Jesse Grund, who had been lied to by Casey while she was pregnant, knew from the time Casey told him how far along she was, that he couldn’t be the father. He had played along during the last couple of months in the pregnancy, and then when Caylee was born requested praternity tests. The tests showed that Jesse could not be the father. Showing a measure of love for both Casey and Caylee that is rarely seen in young men of that age, Jesse chose to set aside the fact Caylee was not his biological daughter, and instead proposed to Casey – vowing to love Caylee as his own.

But Jesse’s commitment was met a few months later by Casey breaking off the relationship. Her reason: he loved Caylee more than he loved her. While no two people should get married simply for the sake of a child, this particular event is more than just Casey deciding she didn’t really love Jesse. This event, coupled with the way we now know that Casey was telling every man she slept with he was special, or she loved them, or “I’ve never felt this way before”, while all the while charming her next victim or circling back around to old boyfriends for casual romps, exhibited an inability by Casey to have genuine affections for the men she had short-term relationships with. But in addition to that, it shows that her own need for being the focus outweighed the benefits that could come to Caylee. Caylee’s needs did not matter if Caylee was drawing attention away from Casey.

Strong:

Perhaps a child is the biggest threat imaginable to narcissistic men because they don’t want to share. They want to remain the center of attention. They want to be in control. They are like children themselves in their selfishness and grandiose sense of entitlement.

For the pathological narcissist, who is used to and relishes being the center of his world, and the high Mach, who needs to feel in control of everyone around him, a child may be seen as a direct threat to his dominion…[The child] may be perceived as a direct threat and as a rival.

[Concerning the contradiction between Scott murdering Laci and his unborn son, but turning his attention to Amber who had a daughter] She would not grow up to compete with him, to challenge, rebel against, or outshine him, as a son might.

Casey’s defense would be well advised to take heed of the lesson learned by the defense of Michael White, a convicted eraser killer who killed his pregnant wife Liana. The defense, in their attempt to show their client had no motive for killing his wife, stated, “He gained nothing from this crime. He lost everything.” As Strong states,

The gain the killer is seeking is inextricably tied to the loss of his victim. Eraser killers think they will be better off without a particular woman or child in their life…they simply cannot abide for their victim to go on living.

artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:32 am

I agree with the above article 110%. Spot on.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:52 am

Caylee and Casey Anthony, E! — posted by halboedeker on January, 14 2010 9:53 AM
E! Entertainment has put Casey Anthony atop a list of notorious women.
Have you seen this special? It’s “Fatal Beauty:15 Most Notorious Women,” and it aired again last night.
The theme: ordinary women who became pseudo-celebrities through crime. Anthony, who is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter Caylee, came in No. 1. What do you think about that?
source:

Shes number 1 can you believe it!
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:47 pm

I agree with the person on the other topic that said she thinks baby Gabriel's mother Elizabeth is acting out in emulation of Casey-even ending up in Florida.

I fear that young impressionable women will look to her as a model of how to be.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Just because you make the news doesn't make you a celebrity.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:32 pm

I wanted to post more on the subject of the eraser
killer from the series at the hinkymeter.com

Casey’s Profile – Part 7: Her Resemblance
In this article we will compare Casey’s behavior to that of male eraser killers to show that not only does her Dark Triad fit the mold, but her activities surrounding the murder of Caylee strike an eerie similarity to many of these previous killers.

Donald Moringiello, a retired aerospace engineer whose wife, Hattie “Fern” Bergeler, came up missing on the day the two of them had gone to visit his children claims he and his wife were traveling in separate cars and he lost track of his wife on the ride home. He did not report his wife missing for a month. In fact, he did not report her missing until her body was found floating in the bay near his home. After two trials he was convicted of second degree murder.

Christian Longo, who murdered his wife and two children, did not call police after murdering his family, but instead went for coffee and returned rented videos. As Marilee Strong states “the lives of his wife and children of no more consequence than returning a delinquent video.”

Like Moringiello, Casey did not report Caylee missing until after Cindy had done so in a 911 call; a month after her death. On the evening of Caylee’s murder Casey went to rent videos with Tony Lazzaro. Caylee’s life was less important than the next movie.

Some of the most harmful evidence presented during Scott Peterson’s trial for the murder of his wife, Laci, and their unborn son, Conner, were tapes of him talking to his girlfriend, Amber, during the critical days in which the authorities and many volunteers were looking for his missing wife. In these tapes Scott shows a total lack of concern over the whereabouts of his pregnant wife, and instead sounds as if he has the perfect life with no worries. Hare and Babiak note in Snakes in Suits

In these audio and visual documents, he [Scott Peterson] shows no apparent concern, empathy, remorse, or even sadness at his wife’s disappearance.

Joseph Romano, convicted of murdering his wife Katherine after her tissue was found in a power saw he used to dismember her body in front of their two-year-old son, Bruno, showed no concern about his missing wife when police began their investigation into her disappearance. In fact, he showed indifference to not knowing where she was. Gerald Miller, convicted of killing two wives, never showed real concern for either wife going missing and never assisted in the search for either.

L. Ewing Scott, convicted of murdering his wife, Evelyn, claimed she went out to purchase some items and never returned. He then claimed he found her car at a cemetery two days later, but instead of reporting her missing, he disposed of the car. L. Ewing Scott phoned his wife’s hairdresser the day after murdering her and stated his wife’s weekly hair appointment needed to be cancelled. When the salon owner asked if he meant that day’s appointment he stated, without emotion, “That’s right, and all the future ones, too.”

Casey partied for 30 days while her daughter was missing and unreported. During her initial interviews she presents no real concern for her daughter. In the first jailhouse phone call home Casey actually shows anger at the fact her friend, Kristina Chester, voices heartfelt concern about the welfare of Caylee. Casey just wanted to get her boyfriend’s phone number, thus, in her mind, the call was a “huge waste”. The jailhouse visits are replete with statements and behavior from Casey showing an absence of true sadness over the loss of her daughter. In fact, her major point of irritation on the first jailhouse visit after what would have been Caylee’s 3rd birthday was that the family had people over and ate chili on that night without her. Casey refused to cooperate in the investigation of Caylee and never assisted in any searches (if not in person at least by providing information helpful to those searches) for her daughter.

Chester Gillette, who is one of the earliest recognized eraser killers and whose murder of his pregnant paramour, Grace Brown, was memorialized in Theodore Dreiser’s novel An American Tragedy as well as in the movie A Place in the Sun, immediately hopped a train after murdering Grace to join female friends at their lake house for the weekend. At no time during the weekend stay with the friends was he reported to have acted upset or in any other way emotional distressed.

Casey, on the evening of June 16th (the day she claims Caylee was abducted by Zenaida) is seen on surveillance video at Blockbusters with her boyfriend,Tony, picking out movies. She shows no sign of emotional distress. Tony did not notice anything about Casey’s behavior that evening that would have led him to believe anything was wrong.

As Marilee Strong points out in Erased, Scott Peterson had no prior history of violence before the murders of his wife and son and his only real “thrill-seeking behavior” had been that of being what Strong describes as “serially promiscuous”.

On both counts the same can be said of Casey.

Mark Hacking, who was convicted of the murder of his pregnant wife Lori, led a double life. Leading friends and family to believe he had a college degree and had been accepted into medical school, he had no degree at all. L. Ewing Scott claimed to have gone to college as well, but there were no records of his attendance at the school he stated he attended. Charles Stuart, who murdered his wife, Carol, claimed to have attended Brown University on a football scholarship. He had never attended Brown and only attended a state college for one semester before dropping out and never returning. Scott Peterson had several phony diplomas on his walls that he claimed had been gag gifts from his wife, Laci. Peterson had a bachelor’s degree which took him eight years to earn.

Casey led people to believe she had been accepted to and/or was attending Valencia College and was an event planner at Universal; both proven false.

Scott Peterson was unable to show an attachment to his unborn son. He referred to him in conversations with Amber as “Laci’s baby”.

Casey refers often to Caylee in jailhouse visits as “that little girl” or “our little girl”, but not so often as “Caylee”, or “my little girl”. We also see the IM’s with Anthony Rusciano in which Casey refers to Caylee as “the little snothead”.

L. Ewing Scott, after evading police for some time, slipped back into the country to buy a car. He was detained by Canadian customs officials when trying to cross the border back to Canada. Almost two years after the disappearance of his wife he held a press conference and decided to plead for his wife’s safe return. According to Marilee Strong he stated during this conference that he was “the goat” in a vast conspiracy and then threatened to sue

certain individuals in authority in Los Angeles as well as other persons for defaming my character and causing me mental anguish by making unfounded and unprovable statements relating to my actions and the disappearance of my wife.

From the first phone call Casey made back home after being arrested the first time, she claimed authorities were not listening her. She then went further in jailhouse visits to claim her words had been “misconshtrood” and how detectives had decided that first day to pin it all on her. Cindy has maintained and even advanced this argument in her many statements concerning the “rush to judgment”. We have heard Casey, Cindy and George speak of the “conspiracies” that surround the whole situation.

Justin Barber, who was convicted of murdering his wife, April, was convicted on evidence that showed six months prior to the murder he had Googled search terms such as “trauma cases gunshot right chest” and “medical trauma gunshot chest”. Barber, in staging the claimed SODDI attack, had shot himself in the same location that the searches were referencing. Authorities also found he had researched “no body murders” and “missing persons being declared dead”. He also researched how to get a death certificate while in Mexico and how to collect on a life insurance policy after a homicide. Additional searches included “how much blood is in the human body” and “how much blood loss is required to be declared dead?”

Christian Longo had downloaded information from “Hitman On-line” on how to murder.

Scott Peterson searched the internet for places to launch his boat and even researched current directions and velocities.

A search of the Anthony home desktop shows that someone had Googled, just 3 months prior to Caylee’s murder, “neck breaking”, “shovel”, “chloroform” (as well as the constituents to make chloroform), and had visited a Google online book on weapons made of household items. Someone is also reported to have visited websites dedicated to missing children cases. And the forensics logs for the computer show some one in the house was signed up for alerts on missing children.

In the trial it was also presented that Barber, just hours before the murder of his wife, played on the internet and downloaded sixteen songs to his computer including Guns N’ Roses “I used to love her but I had to kill her…And now I’m happier this way.”

Casey played on the computer just hours before Caylee was murdered. She uploaded a picture of her and Tony from Fusion Ultra Lounge and briefly IM’d in what is considered to be the last few hours of Caylee’s life. Curiously, Casey was almost obsessed with a song of her own that contains lyrics that point to the erasing of old lives and starting anew. According to Tracey McLaughlin, Casey listened to the song, by Sevendust, entitled “The Past” over and over and over while out on bond. The song speaks of a “soul I’ve left behind” and “I’ve erased the past again”.

Michael White, who murdered his wife Liana, had an issue with stealing. He stole from his family and friends, was prosecuted twice by the military for stealing, and stole from the trucking company for which he eventually worked. Christian Longo forged checks to try to stay ahead of creditors. Scott Peterson was fired from the Morro Bay golf course for stealing.

Casey stole from her parents, her ailing grandparents and her friends…even forging checks against Amy’s account.

Scott Peterson, in his taped conversations with Amber, resorted to “code talk”. At one point, after a dialogue that said nothing and meant less, stated “Because I said what…what I can say and what I need to say…And if that is not enough for you, it’s not enough for me, but it’s right for now.”

Casey repeatedly blathered nothingness in jailhouse visits. Playing off others’ leads (such as Lee’s and Cindy’s) she said nothing, but let them interpret much. Her usual noteworthy statement, as they conjectured based on nothing and then asked her a slightly pointed question, was something to the effect of “I’ll just leave it at that for now.”

Scott Peterson showed little to no concern when there were potential sightings of his wife. However he showed significant concern when reports came out that Modesto police had divers searching with sonar near the Berkley Marina where his wife and son would ultimately surface.

Casey showed no signs of concern when Leonard Padilla had divers in the Little Econ and reportedly found a bag with what appeared to be small bones inside. In fact, the reports from inside the jail were that she silently turned her back to the TV and returned to her cell. She did, however, reportedly have a severe reaction when it was reported that remains had been found at the location where Caylee was discovered.

Michael White also exhibited another trait Casey seems to hold in common. The day his wife went missing, Michael’s mother-in-law came over to stay at the house and await word of her missing daughter. As she paced the night away she could hear Michael in the living room snoring in his recliner. The next day Michael claimed to have been unable to sleep at all.

Casey never seems to have lost her appetite through the whole ordeal of losing her daughter, not knowing where her daughter was for 30 days, being arrested and then bonded out. Robert Dick tells how Casey spoke of large meals she ate at Jose Baez’s office and then of her eating a sandwich he purchased for her one evening. The very next day as they rode between Baez’s office and the Anthony home, Casey lamented how she had been unable to eat for days….only to catch herself and add “except for the sandwich”.

Michael White dumped Liana’s body along side a road where local residents had been dumping garbage for some time.

Casey dumped Caylee’s body along side a street in a swamp where various discarded items had collected.

Mark Hacking’s murdered wife Lori was not found until after authorities spent countless hours at the landfill with bulldozers searching through tons of garbage to find her body. After going to prison, Marilee Strong reports, he got a jailhouse tattoo of a bulldozer on his chest. Strong asks if this tattoo was to represent his own view of himself as someone who “bulldozes” over those around him, or was it to memorialize and mock what had to be done to find his wife’s remains in the garbage.

Casey stole from Amy Huizenga and immediately spent the money on a new tattoo. Just a little over 2 weeks after murdering her daughter, Casey Anthony had a tattoo placed above her left shoulder reading “Bella Vita” (Beautiful Life). She claims the tattoo was for her daughter, but it appears to be more toward memorializing the “beautiful life” of her delusions that she now thought she could obtain free of the obstructions Caylee represented.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down