Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More evidence released 3-1 in Anthony case/ Court declares Casey Anthony indigent - DNA evidence released 3-10

+7
Nama
lisette
laga
raine1953
Marica
Wrapitup
artgal16
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

More evidence released 3-1 in Anthony case/ Court declares Casey Anthony indigent - DNA evidence released 3-10 - Page 2 Empty Administrators Concerned About Anthony Indigency JAC Writes 5-Page Response To Anthony's Request

Post by Nama Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:19 am

State administrators said Friday that they have serious concerns about Casey Anthony's request to be declared indigent.
The designation would allow Anthony to use public funds to cover some of the costs of her defense.
An attorney for the Justice Administrative Commission said the source of their concern with her application revolved around how much money Anthony has already paid for her attorneys.
The attorney pointed out Anthony has already come up with more than $110,000 to pay Jose Baez and Andrea Lyon, and it's not known where that money came from.
The JAC indicated they want to participate in next week's hearing as Judge Stan Strickland considers the issue. His decision could clear the way for Anthony to begin receiving tax dollars.
In their five-page response, the JAC also indicated they wouldn't pay for all costs, including travel expenses for out-of-state attorneys.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

More evidence released 3-1 in Anthony case/ Court declares Casey Anthony indigent - DNA evidence released 3-10 - Page 2 Empty Must-Hear!! Re: Casey Anthony being Indigent????

Post by Wrapitup Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:24 am

This is a Must-Hear Blog Talk Radio Show from yesterday. This is NOT Simon. This is Defense Attorney, Richard Hornsby, discussing Jose Baez May have a conflict of interest and being deceptive with the funds paid so far. This has to do with the fact that Casey will be in court on Friday the 18th at 11AM EST.

This is extremely interesting. You can listen while surfing the web if you want to.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

More evidence released 3-1 in Anthony case/ Court declares Casey Anthony indigent - DNA evidence released 3-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: More evidence released 3-1 in Anthony case/ Court declares Casey Anthony indigent - DNA evidence released 3-10

Post by lisette Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:39 pm

Wrap, I've been listening to the blogtalkradio program...This is fascinating info...I had never heard about Lee tracking KC down a week after she left home...only about the time he went looking for her and she eluded him...Wonder why we had not heard this before? That Rozzie seemed sure about her sources...Also that is very interesting about Kathi Belich using the mistress story to deflect attention from ABC paying Bozo for pictures, interviews, etc. as he tries to support declaring KC indigent for costs...I don't know if I buy that though...Even though I'm on the fence about the River/Skye thing, that seems pretty far-fetched to think that they would come up with releasing a story just to cover up something else that needs to come out...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

More evidence released 3-1 in Anthony case/ Court declares Casey Anthony indigent - DNA evidence released 3-10 - Page 2 Empty Casey's expensive defense

Post by Nama Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:57 pm

If Casey Anthony really wants us tax payers to pay for her court costs why do we have to have fancy-dancy lawyers? Why can't she be given a public defender like other people who claim they're broke? And why does she need a team of lawyers? You know when it's all over she and the fancy-dancy lawyers are going to write books and sign movie deals.

And why is this case taking so long to go to trial? If it was anyone else, they would have been long gone by now.

Good questions!
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

More evidence released 3-1 in Anthony case/ Court declares Casey Anthony indigent - DNA evidence released 3-10 - Page 2 Empty Casey Anthony wants state to help pay for defense

Post by Nama Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:46 am

Casey Anthony is headed back to court in Orlando, Florida on Thursday -- this time to tell a judge she has run out of money and needs state funding for costs associated with her upcoming murder trial.
Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, and has pleaded not guilty. Her trial is scheduled to begin on May 9, 2011. The state is seeking the death penalty if she is convicted.
Caylee Anthony's body was found in a lot near her grandparents' home in December 2008. The grandparents, George and Cindy Anthony, have been supportive of Casey Anthony but now are fighting foreclosure, according to a complaint filed by Bank of America.
What is usually a routine application to the clerk to declare Casey Anthony indigent and provide money for her defense may become a contentious issue during Thursday's court hearing.
The Justice Administrative Commission, the state agency that oversees funding, has voiced opposition, saying in court papers it has "severe concerns" about whether Anthony qualifies for financial assistance.
"Miss Anthony has received no income during the time she has been incarcerated," her defense maintains.
Jose Baez, Anthony's lead defense attorney, and Chicago death penalty attorney Andrea Lyon argue in their four-page motion that they are not asking the state to pay their legal fees but to assist with funding for other costs to defend Anthony.
Miss Anthony has received no income during the time she has been incarcerated.

As the case headed to trial, the state released thousands of pages of discovery documents. The defense is seeking help with costs that include service of subpoenas, investigative costs, travel, fees charged by experts to interpret forensic evidence, expert witness fees and the cost of depositions.
Baez, Lyon and Linda Kenney Baden are representing Anthony at her trial. According to the defense motion, Lyon will be appearing pro bono -- in other words, free of charge.
The defense attorneys argue in their court papers that Anthony is entitled to financial assistance under the constitution's Sixth Amendment, which protects her right to a fair trial.
Because prosecutors have indicated they are seeking the death penalty, Anthony also is entitled to "the unique standard of care required for a capital defense," the attorneys assert.
Financial affidavits released by the court, in what appears to be Casey Anthony's handwriting, estimates fees paid to Baez at $89,454.83. Lyon's fees are estimated at $22,500. In the affidavits, Casey Anthony says the fees for both attorneys "were or are being paid by myself."
Anthony notes that her income is "zero" and her assets are "zero." She did not list her debts or liabilities.
According to the legal papers, money earmarked to pay Lyon has been used to cover costs, and she has not been paid. "She has been and continues to appear pro bono," the motion states.
The central focus of the commission's response appears to be based on Anthony's own financial affidavit: "Because the defendant has been able to provide over $110,000.00 in her defense, the JAC has severe concerns regarding the defendant's indigence."
Their response cites Florida law, which requires the court to consider "when applicant retained private counsel" and "the amount of any attorney's fees and who is paying the fees."
In regard to travel expenses, the response states that counsel will need to properly complete a travel voucher, but also states that "JAC does not pay for reimbursement of travel expenses for privately retained counsel."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

More evidence released 3-1 in Anthony case/ Court declares Casey Anthony indigent - DNA evidence released 3-10 - Page 2 Empty Re: More evidence released 3-1 in Anthony case/ Court declares Casey Anthony indigent - DNA evidence released 3-10

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:49 am

"Miss Anthony has received no income during the time she has been incarcerated," her defense maintains.
Really? Didn't she sell pics of her daughter to the State while incarcerated? Or was that in between the two times she was bonded out?

And, really...there aren't many inmates that are making a living while incarcerated so the defenses argument is weak.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:55 am

This is going to be a tough one for Strickland - because if he takes off Baez - Casey has a good chance of winningon an appeal and if they leave him on but with no financial assistance, she can appeal that he didnt do a thorough job for her by defending her "on the cheap".
If Baez stays on and there is a financial agreement that doesnt come to light now, but sometime later,
thats a big conflict of interest, again, Casey would have a good chance of winning on appeal. This will be a very interesting hearing.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:42 pm

You know what i dont get? If this really was an 'accident' as george has been reported saying now...why is she still not talking about what happened? If she could prove accidental death she'd have a much lesser sentence than one where shes convicted of cold blooded murder. I imagine however its hard for her to explain why she wrapped her daughters face in ductape, and still have it be called an accident.

I imagine it must sound something like this: "I didnt WANT her to die, i just wanted her to shut up and let me do my own thing without her mouth going...she wasnt supposed to suffocate"

Duh, B**ch...of course she was going to suffocate with ductape around her mouth and nose. I would really like to meet this chick..just once.. :slap:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Sassy, we all know it was not accident. George is delusional. Must be hard for him to admit to himself that he raised a cold blooded murderer. He goes into his ostrich mode. "If I don't think about it, it did not happen as murder, but surely KC accidentally killed her.." Denial denial
SASSY, take me with you when you get your "private" time with KC!! :riding: :riding:
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:48 am

Just heard on CNN HLN that some info that had been kept secret will be released.......I think in court today.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:58 am

I started a thread just for comments on the live hearing. LOL.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2