Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

+17
Heike
janie
NiteSpinR
Cory
pookiebear
laga
TerryRose
Turtle
charminglane
lisette
artgal16
raine1953
frogs
cherylz
Nama
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
21 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 6 Empty Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Has Anyone read this about what G-ma feels about Joe?

Misty Cummings' Cousin, Grandma Speak
Joe Overstreet Says He Doesn't Know What Happened To Haleigh
POSTED: Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Joe Overstreet
ANTIOCH, Tenn. -- The cousin of Misty Cummings, who investigators think is the key to solving the case of Haleigh Cummings, said he does not know what happened to Haleigh the night she disappeared.
Investigators from Putnam County, however, traveled to Antioch, Tenn., earlier this week where they questioned 20-year-old Joe Overstreet. It was the third time police have interviewed him.
Overstreet spoke to reporters Wednesday afternoon with his attorney and his mother at his side. He then agreed to speak to Channel 4's Jennifer Bauer after the meeting.
"I can't say nothing about it," he said. "I wanna say something, but I don't know what to say."
Overstreet is Misty Cummings' first cousin. He was in Satsuma on vacation when Haleigh disappeared. Rumors and allegations have been swirling about what Overstreet knows.
Video: Misty's Cousin Questioned In Tennessee
When Channel 4 asked him about his Florida visit, he walked off and refused to answer any more questions.
Overstreet and Cummings' grandmother, Flora Hollars also lives in Antioch. She said she's not surprised police came back to interview her grandson.

WKMG
A woman who appears to be Misty Cummings was seen on a river dock where investigators were searching for evidence in the Haleigh Cummings case.
"They've been waiting on him to get here," she said.
Hollars said the ordeal has been beyond difficult for their family. She said, however, she thinks Overstreet knows more than he's telling investigators. He came back to Tennessee a few days after Haleigh disappeared.
"He's been a changed person since he got back from Florida," she said. "He's not been the same person anymore. There's been a complete turnaround. And there's a scare in his eyes. And it's been there ever since he came back."
Hollars also said whenever she wears a shirt with Haleigh's face on it, Overstreet often leaves the house and refuses to talk about Haleigh.

Overstreet and his attorneys said they've told investigators everything they know. They said they talked in great detail about what happened.
So far, no suspect has been named and no arrests have been made

mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 6 Empty Tangled Case Tough To Solve Without Body

Post by Nama Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Tangled Case Tough To Solve Without Body

Without a body, solving the Haleigh Cummings case will be a real challenge for police and prosecutors.
WOKV Legal Analyst Mark Rubin says there's a legal term called Corpus Selecti, which says you have must have a body to convict someone of a murder, but it's not absolute.
"The only exception to that is if there can be circumstantial evidence, in other words overwhelming proof without a body that a crime was committed," said Rubin.
Rubin says the case is very complicated due to there being so many people involved, and unreliable witnesses within a dysfunctional family.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/04/tangled-case-tough-to-solve-wi.html
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 6 Empty Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:02 pm

I missed JVM -can someone please tell me what they heck they were saying - they are looking for a murder weapon? What do they mean by a weapon? Are they talking about a gun? gods' mercy - this cant be if anyone watched can you tell me what they mean?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:31 pm

artgal NG is talking about how Tommy told his grandmother Joe and he tied HaLeigh up with yellow rope tied some sort of anchor and threw HaLeigh in that river.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Linda -is she saying that they did this when Haleigh was alive??? my god
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:42 pm

She is not saying. It is Misty, Tommy's and Joes grandma on NG saying that. I had the same thought cross my mind. "Nanny" was asked where Misty was when this was going on. Grandma said she did not know. She did not ask Misty and Misty did not say.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:52 pm

I just got home and WOW!!

I think that Haleigh may have gotten into Misty and Ron's drugs (pills) and went into a seizure and a coma but was NOT dead. They took her body that was still alive and threw her into the St. John's River. That is why LE is saying that is where Haleigh died. Makes me ill just thinking about it.

Is there anyone out there that still thinks Haleigh is alive and was taken by Crystal's family? At this point, I hope that is true but very doubtful.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:09 pm

I think she was molested and then thrown in the river as I said upthread. "Bouncing couch"...that to me speaks volumes.
Would they weigh her body down if she were already dead? Oh this is so bad. The g'mother on NG said "I don't know if she was already dead when she was thrown in".
I think of her smiling face, her Christmas video weeks earlier. When precious Haleigh got off the bus that fateful day, her biggest concern was probally something like who she would sit w/ on the bus the next day. As should be the only concern of an innocent, helpless 5 y.o. child.
Why does this happen? I can't even put into words right now how I feel. As I know my friends at VH feel the same way. crying
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:17 pm

It makes me sick. This case has been "the case" for me since Day 1. My first instinct was that Ron killed or maimed Haleigh by accident while fighting with Misty for the 3-day bender. I still tend to lean that way, no matter what else has been said. Maybe he didn't kill her but she became ill later (like Natasha Richardson when she hit her head skiing) and went into a coma. He went to work as usual w/instructions as to what to do with Haleigh. He knew he would go to prison if he called 911.

Either that or I think Haleigh got into Ron & Misty's stash of pills.

One thing I do NOT believe is that GGma Syke's went to their house/trailer that night or evening. That has Never been proven or confirmed by LE.

But, I have never doubted for one second that Haleigh has been dead since day one.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:28 pm

I know that we all have "the case" that consumes us...and for you Wrap, this is your case. I know how sick you feel. I am sorry.
Haleigh deserved so much more from her family...she deserved love, a safe environment with food/water and nurturing. That's all. That precious little girl did nothing wrong. None of these children do...they are just born into evil families it seems.
RIP precious Haleigh. ❤
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:32 pm

I also blame Ron (as was said upthread) even if he had zip to do w/her death Directly. I agree. He should have never, ever left his two children under the age of 6 w/a 17 year old drug addict - especially one that had just come off a 3-day bender. Why in the world wasn't his grandmother or mother taking care of his children? Or why weren't they in day care? He can pay for drugs but not for day care? Bullshit! :mad:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:48 pm

Yes Wrap, lets get the grandmothers into the act too-I dont think Ron or Crystals mothers worked - why were they allowing Misty to take care of the kids - did they not know what Ron was into? They knew. You know the saying "it takes a village to raise a child". Ha -these people qualify for the village IDIOTS. They all failed Haleigh. Every single one of them on both sides of the family failed this little girl.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:04 pm

I feel so sad! Even though I've known all along she was dead, to hear LE say it makes it all too real! crying

Now, I want to try to understand WHY, when Ron came away from that meeting..WHY wasn't he sobbing as he was the day after Haleigh went missing. WHY? From what I heard at the press conference, LE has known for a few weeks that Haleigh is dead. I am certain they told the family that. We all saw Teresa Neves crying, we saw Crystal and Marie..but not Ron. If anything, he looked like he was thinking the jig may be up. Just my opinion.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:07 pm

artgal16 wrote:Yes Wrap, lets get the grandmothers into the act too-I dont think Ron or Crystals mothers worked - why were they allowing Misty to take care of the kids - did they not know what Ron was into? They knew. You know the saying "it takes a village to raise a child". Ha -these people qualify for the village IDIOTS. They all failed Haleigh. Every single one of them on both sides of the family failed this little girl.
Ron's mother, Teresa Neves, works or worked for the Alachua County PD as a 911 operator and showed up almost immediately after 911 was called. (Putnum County 911)

She lives a half hour away but got there w/in minutes after the call. Go figure that one. I know GGMA Sykes doesn't work - why couldn't she watch the kids? It makes me absolutely LIVID!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:12 pm

Wrap, I thought the same thing about Ron leaving the meeting the other day...He just didn't look like somebody that had just found out that his little girl was almost certainly dead...More like: well, I wonder what's next for me?
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:16 pm

Yep, Lisette - he, at the Very least, knows more than he is admitting to.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:23 pm

For anyone that saw NG tonight, Flora Hollars is Misty's grandmother, Lisa Croslin's mother. Apparently, a granddaughter (which would be Misty's cousin and Joe Overstreet's sister) wrote this.

p.s. do any of them have teeth for any amount of time or know how to spell? I know, I shouldn't say that but really..I think this is the problem with all of them; uneducated and on drugs. It's really sad.

No one need to beleive Flora Hollars.She is my grandmother
to. She has been wanting to on Tv with all of this since it has happen..She is a very selfish person that want alot of attention..People form Flordia is giving her money left and right so of course she is going to try and point finger.. She will tell Joe oh baby i no your didnt do that the ones in Flordia is just trying and blame you..Then she will tell The Croslin family that she thinks Joe done it.. She just wants people to keep sending her money and keep hvaing the attention..Why she would want this kind of attention no one will ever no...She will lie her way into anything..Dont beleive her because her story will change just like Misty and Tommy's.
Thanks Kayla(Joe's sister and Flora Hollars granddaughter..)

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7592.240
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:38 pm

I dont think we can possibly understand any of these people. They are as foreign to us as people from another planet. Its not being poor - you can be poor and have some sense of morality, or maybe now days you cant. There is such a glaring difference between
the haves and have nots. Everyone wants - they want the things they see on TV, and around them in the "better" neighborhoods - the cars, the clothes, the gadgets - but they dont go to school to achieve them, selling drugs is fast and easy- and its something that they can do now without having to work too hard for. Its a culture really. An underclass culture that is in urban areas as well as rural areas. Inner and outer cities. We hoped for life for Haleigh - a better life. But would Haleigh grow up to be like Misty and the rest? Would she have stayed in school and made something of her life? They hardly could get up to take her to school so
after a while maybe Haleigh also wouldnt have thought it was worth getting up early to go either. If she had lived would she have had a chance at a better life? Who would have made sure that she would? Ron, Crystal,
Misty? Do they even ask themselves these questions?
I dont think they do.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:50 pm

Artgal, even though I am so sad Haleigh is dead and gone, you made perfect sense. I agree with every word you said. I have thought the same thing before. What would have happened with Haleigh had she lived to be 16? We will never know.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:20 pm

Artgal and Wrap, I have too often thought that Haleigh may have already been suffering "for the sins of the father" in that she was born with Turners' syndrome. I have wondered, but do not know much about the genetic disorder, if the use of drugs on the part of both of her parents didn't give her that disorder at conception.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:00 am

Good point, Terry Rose. I wonder if Jr. is "normal". Crystal has admitted to drug use (cocaine) when she was with Ron. Still, I cannot imagine her doing coke while pregnant.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 6 Empty Turner Syndrome

Post by NiteSpinR Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:10 am

Turner syndrome (TS) is a medical disorder that affects about 1 in every 2,500 girls. Although researchers don't know exactly what causes Turner syndrome, they do know that it's the result of a problem with a girl's chromosomes (pronounced: krow-muh-soamz).

Most girls are born with two X chromosomes, but girls with Turner syndrome are born with only one X chromosome or they are missing part of one X chromosome. The effects of the condition vary widely among girls with Turner syndrome. It all depends on how many of the body's cells are affected by the changes to the X chromosome.

Girls with Turner syndrome are usually short in height. Girls with Turner syndrome who aren't treated for short stature reach an average height of about 4 feet 7 inches (1.4 meters). The good news is that when Turner syndrome is diagnosed while a girl is still growing, she can be treated with growth hormones to help her grow taller.

In addition to growth problems, Turner syndrome prevents the ovaries from developing properly, which affects a girl's sexual development and the ability to have children. Because the ovaries are responsible for making the hormones that control breast growth and menstruation, most girls with Turner syndrome will not go through all of the changes associated with puberty unless they get treatment for the condition. Nearly all girls with Turner syndrome will be infertile, or unable to become pregnant on their own.

Other Effects Turner Syndrome Can Have
A number of other health problems occur more often in girls with Turner syndrome, including kidney problems, high blood pressure, heart problems, overweight, hearing difficulties, diabetes, and thyroid problems. Some girls with the condition may experience learning difficulties, particularly in math. Many have a difficult time with tasks that require skills such as map reading or visual organization.

In addition to short stature and lack of sexual development, some of the other physical features commonly seen in girls with Turner syndrome are:

a "webbed" neck (extra folds of skin extending from the tops of the shoulders to the sides of the neck)
a low hairline at the back of the neck
drooping of the eyelids
differently shaped ears that are set lower on the sides of the head than usual
abnormal bone development (especially the bones of the hands and elbows)
a larger than usual number of moles on the skin
edema or extra fluid in the hands and feet
Because Turner syndrome can affect how a girl looks and develops, some girls may have problems with body image or self-esteem.

People with TS are all different. Some may have many physical differences and symptoms, whereas others experience only a few medical problems. With early and appropriate medical care and ongoing support, most people with TS can lead normal, healthy, and productive lives.

Diagnosing Turner Syndrome
Girls with Turner syndrome are usually diagnosed either at birth or around the time they might be expected to go through puberty. If a baby girl has some of the signs of Turner syndrome, a doctor will usually order a special blood test called a karyotype. The test counts the number of chromosomes and can identify any that are abnormally shaped or have missing pieces. In some cases, there are no recognizable signs that a girl has the condition until she reaches the age at which she would normally go through puberty.

If the karyotype blood test reveals that a girl has Turner syndrome, her doctor may order additional tests to check for problems with the kidneys, heart, hearing, and other problems that are often associated with Turner syndrome.

Treating Turner Syndrome
Because Turner syndrome is a condition that is caused by a chromosomal abnormality, there's no specific cure. However, scientists have developed a number of treatments that can help correct some of the problems associated with the condition — such as growth problems — and researchers are constantly looking into new forms of treatment.

Growth hormone treatment can improve growth and influence a girl's final adult height. In fact, in many cases, the treatment can help many girls with Turner syndrome reach a final height in the average range, especially if treatment is started early enough in childhood.

Another treatment for Turner syndrome is estrogen replacement, which helps the girl develop the physical changes of puberty, including breast development and menstrual periods. This treatment is often started when a girl reaches about age 12 or 13.

And a technique called in vitro fertilization can make it possible for some women with Turner syndrome to become pregnant. A donor egg can be used to create an embryo, which is then put into the uterus (womb) of the woman with Turner syndrome. With proper supportive care, the woman can carry the pregnancy to term and deliver a baby through the normal birth process.

Living With Turner Syndrome
Although people with Turner syndrome may have certain learning difficulties, the majority are able to attend regular school and classes and are generally able to:

write well
learn well by hearing
memorize information as well as others
develop good language skills
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:30 am

Thanks, Nite. I did see the eyes drooping but via her pics, didn't notice anything else. She did have asthma, as we know.

I might see this happening to her due to Ron and Crystal's lack of parenting. However, both Ron and Crystal have mothers who seem for all intents and purposes, capable of taking care of Haleigh and Jr. It is evident that both Teresa Neves and Marie Griffis are torn up that they have lost their granddaughter. Therefore, why in the hell didn't they take the bull by the horns and do whatever it took to make sure their grandchildren were safe and away from drugs and drug addicts?

If that were my grandchildren, hell would freeze over before I would allow them to stay with my son or DIL if they were drug addicts or not properly taking care of them, and I know for a fact any of us that are grandparents feel the same way. Therefore, I will NEVER understand how (in particular Teresa Neves) this b.s. continued on and on, knowing her grandchildren were in harms way. I am sick to death of the denial Teresa Neves has. Boo hoo hoo. Sorry, but she needs to face facts that her son is/was and always will be a drug addict/dealer and that he was unfit to raise those kids. I don't give a good G*D damn if she reads my words. It's the truth. What grandmother in their right mind would allow a 17 year old drug addicted bimbo to watch their grandchildren. So, IMHO, she is another one that needs to carry the blame for this tragedy. It's like a ripple effect. Geez, I am so damned pissed off that this has gone on for 14 months and it is NOW being stated that Haleigh is dead.

Sorry for the rant but until I see someone be arrested (or have a murder charge added to their rap sheet while they rot in the county jail) I feel there is simply NO justice for little Haleigh at all.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 6 Empty Haleigh Cummings update: People are starting to cooperate, is it Tommy and Misty Croslin?

Post by Nama Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:00 am

During a press conference held on April 15, 2010, Sheriff Jeff Hardy from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office stated that people are starting to cooperate with the Haleigh Cummings’ homicide investigation. For the past three days, investigators have searched the Saint Johns River looking for Haleigh Cummings’ body. Many people have theorized that Misty Croslin and her brother Tommy Croslin are the two people who are cooperating with the investigation.
Sheriff Hardy said that the people who are cooperating with the investigation are beginning to talk. Misty Croslin was seen at the crime scene, apparently answering questions from investigators. Was she directing them to the location where Haleigh Cummings’ body was dumped?

Misty Croslin’s grandmother, Flora Hollars appeared on CNN’s Nancy Grace tonight and shared what she knew. She confirmed that Misty Croslin told her that Joe Overstreet was responsible for the disappearance and murder of Haleigh Cummings. Sheriff Hardy confirmed that investigators flew to Tennessee and spoke with Joe Overstreet. He also said that Joe Overstreet has legal representation and adamantly denies any involvement in the death of Haleigh Cummings.

Flora Hollars described Joe Overstreet since his return to Tennessee from Florida. She said, “His reactions are completely different than it was before he went down there. He`s not the same kid that he was when we went down there. He has a different attitude toward life and all. He just don`t care.”

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=5997
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 6 Empty Misty's Grandma: 'I Know What Happened' Hollars Said Haleigh Was Thrown In The River

Post by Nama Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:04 am

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 6 23167964_240X135

Misty Cummings' grandmother said she knows what happened the night Haleigh Cummings disappeared.
Flora Hollars said she spoke to Misty on Thursday. Misty is being held at the St. Johns County Jail on unrelated drug charges. Hollars said she told Misty that enough is enough and that she was not raised a liar. She said she told Misty that it is time to start talking about what happened to Haleigh.
"She was crying and I told her, 'Baby, don't cry. This is something you should have said a long time ago,'" Hollars said. "She said, 'Nanny, I was scared.'"
Hollars said she told Misty that it is time to come clean.
"She said, 'Nanny, I told them everything I know,'" Hollars said.
According to Hollars, Misty shared details about what happened the night Haleigh vanished. Hollars made it clear, however, Misty was not involved. She said she knows what happened.
"Tied Haleigh up with a yellow rope and tied a bricker block to the rope, and dropped her into the St. Johns River," Hollars said.
When asked if Misty told her why, Hollars said she did not.
Hollars said she was starting to hear stories about Haleigh, some OxyContin, and an accidental overdose. She said, however, that Misty has not mentioned those details.
She said she does not believe Misty was involved, but knows what happened that night.
Sources confirmed to Channel 4 that two cinder blocks were pulled from the river. They said they have no information about a yellow rope. The cinder blocks, along with everything else have been sent out to be analyzed. It is unclear if they are connected to Haleigh's case.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23167951/detail.html

Last edited by BJ in OR on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 6 Empty Haleigh Cummings most likely dead Divers end search of St. Johns; relatives say Misty Croslin sent them letters.

Post by Nama Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:10 am

More finger-pointing

Wednesday, Croslin was brought to the river for the search, but Bowling would only say it was her decision to come. He said she couldn’t be forced to leave the St. Johns County jail, where she is being held on drug trafficking charges unrelated to Haleigh’s case. Cummings and her brother, Hank “Tommy” Croslin Jr., also are jailed in the same drug case.

Her grandmother in Tennessee, Flo Hollars, said Misty and her brother both called her from jail about 15 minutes apart on Sunday. They said a cousin also living in Tennessee, 20-year-old Joseph Overstreet, was responsible for Haleigh’s disappearance.

Hollars said she called authorities, but Hardy said the latest tip about the search area did not come from Tennessee.

Overstreet and his lawyer were interviewed by detectives this week. He has been interviewed in the past, both in Florida and Tennessee.

“He’s a person of interest as far as having information,” Bowling said.

Overstreet has denied any involvement and has not been charged.

Croslin sent letters

Misty Croslin told the same story in letters to her father and a sister-in-law.

Chelsea Croslin, who is married to another Croslin sibling and lives in Massachusetts, said she and her husband got a letter about two months ago from Misty that details the same set of events. Misty’s father, Hank Croslin Sr., said he got a similar letter but tore it up and threw it away.

Thursday, Chelsea Croslin said she did not want to provide a copy of the letter for fear of retaliation. Chelsea said her sister-in-law was terrified of Overstreet, so didn’t tell authorities what happened that night.

She said she has been urging the Sheriff’s Office to search the area off Shell Harbour Road since shortly after Haleigh disappeared. She said that was one of the few areas Overstreet was familiar with when he visited.

Bowling said it was the first time he heard about the location tip, although investigators have seen those letters.

New details emerge

In the phone calls the grandmother said she received, both Misty and Tommy Croslin said Tommy and Overstreet came to the mobile home on Green Lane where Misty was with the children. The two were looking to steal a machine gun, but it was not there.

Hollars said they told her Overstreet came back and snatched Haleigh after putting a knife to Misty’s throat, threatening to kill her and her family if they said anything.

In her 911 call to authorities that night, Misty never mentioned Overstreet.

Hollars said that after seeing police take Misty Croslin down to the river, she’s not sure that all three of them aren’t still holding something back.

“It’s pulling at my heart,” Hollars said. “One is no better than the other is. I don’t love them no more, I don’t love them no less.”

Hardy said investigators would work the case for as long as it takes.

“I’m not going to give up on this little girl and this family,” the sheriff said.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-15/story/sheriff-comfortable-calling-haleigh-cummings-case-homicide
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:12 am

I don't think very many people throw cinder blocks into the river. Unless they are using it for an anchor and that's pretty ridiculous. So, I would guess these cinder blocks may play a part.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:39 am

Wrapitup wrote:Thanks, Nite. I did see the eyes drooping but via her pics, didn't notice anything else. She did have asthma, as we know.

I might see this happening to her due to Ron and Crystal's lack of parenting. However, both Ron and Crystal have mothers who seem for all intents and purposes, capable of taking care of Haleigh and Jr. It is evident that both Teresa Neves and Marie Griffis are torn up that they have lost their granddaughter. Therefore, why in the hell didn't they take the bull by the horns and do whatever it took to make sure their grandchildren were safe and away from drugs and drug addicts?

If that were my grandchildren, hell would freeze over before I would allow them to stay with my son or DIL if they were drug addicts or not properly taking care of them, and I know for a fact any of us that are grandparents feel the same way. Therefore, I will NEVER understand how (in particular Teresa Neves) this b.s. continued on and on, knowing her grandchildren were in harms way. I am sick to death of the denial Teresa Neves has. Boo hoo hoo. Sorry, but she needs to face facts that her son is/was and always will be a drug addict/dealer and that he was unfit to raise those kids. I don't give a good G*D damn if she reads my words. It's the truth. What grandmother in their right mind would allow a 17 year old drug addicted bimbo to watch their grandchildren. So, IMHO, she is another one that needs to carry the blame for this tragedy. It's like a ripple effect. Geez, I am so damned pissed off that this has gone on for 14 months and it is NOW being stated that Haleigh is dead.

Sorry for the rant but until I see someone be arrested (or have a murder charge added to their rap sheet while they rot in the county jail) I feel there is simply NO justice for little Haleigh at all.

Wrap... I agree!! It has been over a year, and someone is FINALLY talking about what may have happened to Haleigh. I don't know what to believe anymore about this case, but I am certain that Haleigh is not alive, and whoever killed her needs to pay!! It took me awhile to read all of the posts on this thread, and it was interesting to read all the different theories everyone has about the case. I am not quite sure what or who to believe anymore... so many different stories (by Tommy, Misty, etc.) & so many contradictions.

I definitely feel that Misty was involved in some way in Haleigh's death, but now I am wondering if Ron was too! I just am appalled that this precious little girl was being raised by these pack of "wackos"... at least she is free from them now & in a much better place!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 6 Empty Jane Velez-Mitchell transcripts re: Haleigh Cummings investigation, Thursday, April 16, 2010

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:12 am

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Police Search for Body of Missing Girl

Aired April 15, 2010 - 19:00:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST (voice-over): Cousin Joe takes to the airwaves, saying he`s being framed by Misty and Tommy Croslin. All this as cops drag Misty to the banks of the river. Will today be the day we find this beautiful little girl?

Also, a heart-breaking new twist in the war on women. Cops in Orlando have now called off their search for Jennifer Kesse. This beautiful young woman vanished without a trace four long years ago. Tonight I`ll talk to Jennifer`s desperate, frustrated parents as they vow to pick up where cops have left off.

Plus, Steven Seagal: from celebrity lawman to accused sex monster? Disturbing new allegations the Hollywood actor used his personal assistant as a sex toy and kept sex slaves on his personal staff.

ISSUES starts now.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, fast-breaking news in the Haleigh Cummings case. For the very first time, police say they believe little Haleigh is dead. And they claim it`s, quote, "only a matter of time before they figure out exactly who killed her."

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JEFF HARDY, PUTNAM COUNTY SHERIFF: I`m comfortable to go ahead to say that I`m going to call it a homicide. This case has been going on for 14 months. People are finally starting to talk.

We`re trying to make an arrest. We`re trying to bring somebody to justice for this little girl right here and her family.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: For the third straight day, divers are scouring Florida`s St. John`s River for the little girl`s body. The area is less than five miles from where Haleigh vanished 14 long months ago. Investigators are now calling that spot on the river a crime scene.

It`s the latest feverish development since last weekend, when police got a credible tip. They even dragged Misty Croslin out of jail yesterday and brought her to the crime scene. Here she is standing on a dock in handcuffs, wearing a blue jail jumpsuit.

Now, Misty`s own grandma -- Misty`s own grandma -- says she is the mystery tipster who called the cops. Grandma says she believes her own grandson, Joe Overstreet, Misty and Tommy`s cousin, killed Haleigh and that Misty`s brother, Tommy, confirmed her theory.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY CROSLIN`S GRANDMOTHER: In my heart, I think Joe did it.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Why is that?

HOLLARS: Because of the way that Tommy talked to my -- I brought Tommy down Sunday night on the telephone. And that`s when he started telling me, and I toad him, I says, "Hey, Tommy, you failed your lie detector test. Now, I`m fixing to ask you right now. I know in my heart who I think did it."

He says, "Who did you think, Nanny?"

I said, "I think Joe."

He says, "You`re right. Joe is the one that did it."

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wow. Detectives rushed to Tennessee, and they grilled Joe until midnight Tuesday. But Joe swears he had absolutely nothing to do with little Haleigh`s disappearance. Listen.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JOE OVERSTREET, MISTY CROSLIN`S COUSIN: I didn`t do it.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You didn`t do it?

OVERSTREET: No.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Do you know who did?

OVERSTREET: I know who did. I called the police and told the cops who did it.
This is news to me.
(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That`s what Joe said for the cameras. Now, listen to what he said to his 67-year-old grandma yesterday just hours after he was grilled by the cops.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: The actual words that he said when I talked to him?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I may not use them but yes.

HOLLARS: You (EXPLETIVE DELETED) don`t call out here no more. That was his very words just a little while ago.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: ... there directed at one`s own grandma?

I am taking your calls on these extraordinary developments: 1-877-JVM- SAYS. That`s 1-877-586-7297.

So much to get to with my amazing panel, all top experts on the Haleigh Cummings case. We begin with Art Harris of TheBaldTruth.com.

Art, you have broken so many stories on this case. I understand you have new information tonight. What is the very latest?

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST: Jane, I can tell you, I just got off the phone with the grandmother, Flora Hollars, who I`ve been speaking to exclusively over the last several months.

She told me that, after Tommy flunked his lie detector test last week, he called her, wanted to get something off his chest. That`s when she asked him about his involvement. He said, "It wasn`t me." And that`s when he revealed and she confirmed it was Joe.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Got it.

HARRIS: We heard her confirm that. And now, he is saying to her, you know, she called -- she called Misty and asked her what she knew. Misty finally said that she had been to the river and had been pointing out where the murder weapon was. That is what cops had her out there for yesterday. That comes as a result of the grandmother`s relaying the information to police, Jane. This is also news. Murder weapon?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But, Art, if she, according to our own story, didn`t go down to the river, she claims and Tommy, her brother, claims that Joe took her to the river. Why would she know where the knife was?

HARRIS: Well, she and Tommy have been covering for each other all this time, apparently. It looks like from his lies that he was not at the house first. Then he came to the house at 10 p.m.

Misty has flunked several polygraphs. I reported the latest one February 26. And now, it looks like they have brought their stories together and that Misty is relaying what Tommy has told her.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Got it. OK. Let me just set up the clip here. Calling from jail, where he has been held on drug trafficking charges, Tommy told his grandmother on the phone that Cousin Joe went into Ron`s trailer that night that Haleigh disappeared with a knife. Tommy says Joe put a knife to Misty`s throat and then kidnapped Haleigh. I think that's a crock.

About 15 minutes after that, Grandma got another call from Misty, who is also in jail on drug trafficking charges. Misty also told grandma that Joe held a knife to her throat and threatened to kill her if she told anyone.

Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: What Tommy told me when I broke him down was the fact that Joe stated to him that, if he opened his mouth and said anything, that he would bring a gun back down there and kill his whole family. And Misty stated that he had put a knife to her throat that night, which I know Joe does have knives, and I know Joe does have guns in his house out there. Why would Joe kill Haleigh? What would be his motive?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So there`s a lot of heat on Joe. But, Mike Brooks, do you find it suspicious at all that both Tommy and mystery get the urge to call grandma this past weekend within 15 minutes of each other to spill their guts and tell the same story after months of both saying they had no idea what happened?

MIKE BROOKS, HLN LAW ENFORCEMENT ANALYST: Absolutely, Jane. Sorry. Absolutely I do. But, you know, you look at them. We`ve seen Misty in jail. She doesn`t like it in the little girl jail. And neither does Tommy.

The one thing I found interesting today that Sheriff Hardy from Putnam County said, Jane, and that was that he said two investigators from Putnam County, two from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement went up to Tennessee to talk to Joe and that he has a lawyer and that he has, quote, "lawyered up," which means he`s not talking anymore.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Grandma...

MARK EIGLARSH, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: That`s all it means. That`s all it means.

BROOKS: Exactly.

EIGLARSH: Let`s not jump to any conclusions yet, my bald friend.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: One at a time.

BROOKS: And if there was any probable cause, they would have brought him back with them from Florida. So right now it doesn`t look like any probable cause for Cousin Joe. Are they building that up? We`ll see. Exactly!

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Mark?

EIGLARSH: Well, let me just say this. They`d better have more than these two individuals facing minimum mandatory decades in prison for drug trafficking. There better be some physical evidence, because there is no way that prosecutors have proof beyond a reasonable doubt, even if he did it, from the testimony of just Tommy and Misty. It`s just not enough.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Exactly.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Especially since they`ve been caught lying so many times before. It`s like the boy who cried wolf. If they finally tell the truth now, they don`t have any credibility left.

Grandma Flo offered a few different theories on what might have happened to Haleigh the night she vanished. Listen to this. This is extraordinary.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: I`ve heard two different details. I heard that she got a hold of one of Ron`s pills and swallowed it and O.D.`d on it. And then I heard that Misty supposedly hit her in the back of the head and Joe supposedly raped her and then got rid of the body. This is ridiculous! Which story is it? 1)Joe killed Haleigh (how?) and then put a knife to Misty's throat? 2) Haleigh got a hold of one of Ron's pills an OD'd? 3) Misty hit Haleigh in the back of the head and Joe raped her?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Again, Joe completely denies any involvement in Haleigh`s disappearance.

T.J. Ward, you administered layered voice analysis to Misty Croslin. Did she reveal anything that`s dovetailing with these new stories that are coming out?

T.J. WARD, CONDUCTED MISTY CROSLIN VOICE ANALYSIS: Well, I will tell you that she did talk about Tommy and Joe. And I asked her directly if she knew if Tommy and Joe were directly involved with the -- with the disappearance of Haleigh, and she said no, and it came back deceptive. So I know that she does know what happened that night. I know directly she knows what transpired.

And her first story about laying the baby down and putting her to bed and looking under the bed when she woke up is al not true.

BROOKS: Looking under the bed? They`re mattresses that sit on the floor, so how is she going to look under the bed?

WARD: Well, she was looking in the bed in the other rooms in the other part of the trailer.

BROOKS: If Misty`s mouth is moving, she`s lying, period.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Everybody, stay right where you are. But is she telling the truth this time that led to this search? We`re all over this fast-breaking news. And we`re taking your calls: 1-877-JVM-SAYS, 1- 877-586-7297.

Plus, Jennifer Kesse has been missing for four long years. So why have cops stopped the investigation? Why now? We will talk to Jennifer`s desperate, frustrated parents.

But first, what happened to Haleigh Cummings? Did family members know what happened to this beautiful little girl? Was there a cover up?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: Yes, I do love them. Regardless of what they`ve done, I will always love them. No less and no more. But if you do something like that to a child, I`m sorry. I`m not going to have (ph) it.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: This has been a miserable year. And when Sunday came, it just felt like everything was lifted off of my heart.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Do you know who turned in the tip?

HOLLARS: I did.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Did you call the police?

HOLLARS: Yes, ma`am, I did. I turned it in to Crimestoppers. I turned it into the police department.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Wow. You told everybody.

HOLLARS: I called everybody.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Misty Croslin`s grandma says she is the mystery tipster that led police down to the river`s edge. She called police Sunday and told them her grandson, Cousin Joe from Tennessee, killed Haleigh.

Police are now calling this case a homicide, but Cousin Joe says, "Unh-uh, I`m being framed by Misty and Tommy, my two cousins who are behind bars on drug charges and who have repeatedly changed their stories."

We`re going to get to the phones in a moment. But first, I want to go to Levi Page, who is the last one to interview Misty before she was arrested.

Levi, you`re hearing this new story line. Does it dovetail with anything you`ve learned in your investigation?

LEVI PAGE, INTERVIEWED MISTY: Actually, I think that it`s B.S. I think that Misty and Tommy are both liars. I think that you can`t trust anything they say.

I interviewed a man by the name of Carl Jones (ph) who Misty lived with after she divorced Ronald Cummings, and Misty tried to insinuate to him that it was actually drug dealers that took Haleigh. So how can we trust what Misty says now? So, now we have a 4th scenario.

Misty has lied from the very beginning. She`s only -- her and Tommy are only coming up with this after a year after Haleigh vanished. That`s highly suspicious. I think that Cousin Joe is a red herring, and I think any prosecutor that would go in a courtroom and argue that Cousin Joe did this would be laughed out of court.

The motive of this is because Cousin Joe went to the home to steal a gun. The gun wasn`t there, so he went -- he was angry and he abducted Haleigh? A prosecutor that would argue that would be laughed out of court. That`s a laughable motive.
I agree!

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Well, Art Harris, what is the motive that you`ve been hearing if not this crazy, kooky gun story?

HARRIS: Well, I did break that on ArtHarris.com, Jane. And it was the gun story. Of course, Misty has been talking about the mystery dream where there are four shadowy figures in the room. And suddenly, the shadowy figures come closer as she begins to tell and retell the story. WTF?

Then it`s Tommy. And now Tommy is saying, when he went down to the river, that Joe took Haleigh to the river. And Misty has pointed out today to police -- actually yesterday what the murder weapon, where it was tossed. I`m told, Jane, it was a rope.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. A rope. So she was asphyxiated or hung?

HARRIS: I can`t confirm that. I just know that this is what Flora told me, that Misty told her when they spoke today from jail.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wow. That`s new information.

Kelly, Ohio, your question or thought?

CALLER: Yes, I`m wondering where is social services involved? The department of (UNINTELLIGIBLE), CMT, whatever you may have called them. Where are they involved on behalf of these children that are being kidnapped, taken, brought back and murdered? (UNINTELLIGIBLE) community or free housing. Where is social services on the news talking to defend these children? They`re there to protect. Where are they?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. I mean, look, I think you raise a very good point.

Mike Brooks, the dysfunctionality in this family started long before Haleigh disappeared. Misty, who was watching her, was babysitting her, had been, according to published reports, on a three-day drug-and-sex binge in the days leading up to her disappearance. And that`s not somebody you want to leave a 5-year-old child with.

BROOKS: No, especially a 5-year-old child with Turner`s Syndrome, Jane. I mean, this -- this cast of characters is unbelievable.

Let me point out one thing that I thought was very interesting today, that -- another thing I thought was interested that Sheriff Hardy said. He said of the investigators that were there at the river, he said that anthropologists were on scene. And the divers were finding all kinds of things on the silty bottom of the St. John`s River. So what does that mean if an anthropologist is on the scene, Jane? That they are looking for bones and body parts.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Yes. And remember, there are alligators in these waters. So I don`t want to be graphic, but you can to the math. If a body is thrown in there, it might not last very long.

Misty`s grandma says her grandson, Joe, has been acting very, very strangely. Like, in fact, he may be hiding something. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: Since Joe come back from Florida, he`s been a completely different person. I mean, entirely different.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: How so?

HOLLARS: His actions.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Grandma says she spoke with Joe on the phone yesterday hours after he was grilled by police and that Joe was furious with her. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: Do you want the actual words that he said when I talked to him?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I may not use them, but yes.

HOLLARS: You (EXPLETIVE DELETED) don`t call out here no more. That was his very words, just a little while ago.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, if he is falsely accused, anybody would be angry over that.

Stephanie, California, your question or thought?

CALLER: Hi, Jane. Thank you.

My question is (UNINTELLIGIBLE) are saying different things. Some are saying that they`re dredging the river for her body. And then reports today are saying they`re dredging it for a weapon. Are they looking for both? Or one or the other? Have they found the body and are just not saying yet?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Art Harris?

HARRIS: My sources are telling me they`re using that blue and white cooler to dig up mud and sift for whatever they can find that can put together what the anthropologists are standing by to help with, and that would be skeletal remains.

If, in fact, a rope is used and the skeletal remains are intact, the hyoid bone in the neck would be snapped...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Got it.

HARRIS: And even without flesh or, you know, you`d be able to at least ascertain that...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: T.J., you`re hearing this story. Did Misty, when you interviewed her, she say anything about a van? Because cops were looking in the neighborhood for a van.

WARD: Yes, she talked about a van. And she said there was blood in the van. But she went to tell me that it was deer blood.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Fantastic panel, stay right where you are. More fast-breaking news on day three of the dramatic Haleigh Cummings search.

Plus, desperate parents search for answers. Jennifer Kesse now a cold case. Her parents are mad.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HARDY: I`m comfortable to go ahead and say that I`m going to call it a homicide. This case has been going on for 14 months. People are finally starting to talk.

We`re trying to make an arrest. We`re trying to bring somebody to justice for this little girl right here and her family.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: People are finally starting to talk, but are they telling the truth? Misty and Tommy were the ones who pointed to Cousin Joe and then pointed to the river. That, according to the grandmother of all three cousins.

I want to go back to T.J. Ward, who administered the layered voice analysis to Misty Croslin.

You were saying something about she said that there was deer blood in the van. Is the implication that perhaps whoever did this put deer blood on little Haleigh so that, when they threw her in the water, the alligators would eat her? Heart-wrenching.

WARD: I`m not suggesting that. I`m just saying that there was a thing that came up about the van, about the blood in the van. And she`s claiming that the blood in the van was deer blood. I will tell you that I did directly ask her if she knew who was involved in this or if she was directly involved in this, which came up that she was not telling the truth. She does know who was involved in this.

And I turned this over to the Putnam County Sheriff`s Office after I administered the test and gave them all the results of the test. She does know who was involved. If not, she`s involved in it.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, what do you make of this new story? Do you think this new story has credibility or, as Levi Page said, it`s a crock just invented by them to -- to just waste taxpayer money?

WARD: Well, I will tell you, she does not have a lot of credibility. But some of the things -- you know, the people that are involved in these type of cases like this turn the story around a little bit. But I can tell you that she`s directly involved in this, if not indirectly. And Tommy and Joe, there`s something about this puzzle to put together that all three may be involved.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And what`s really interesting, Art Harris, is that, according to Texas EquuSearch, Tim Miller, he told me on ISSUES that Ron, Haleigh`s dad, told him that this was the exact location where Joe, the cousin, liked to go fishing. What`s the significance of that?

HARRIS: Well, I walked down to the dock one day with Ronald when I was down there, Jane. And he told me that he and Joe used to go down to the dock, and Joe enjoyed throwing animals out into the river and meat and watching alligators feed on it. Now, I don`t know if that`s a true story or not, but it gives me chills. And it would certainly be somewhat consistent with what Tim Miller told you.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, that is -- that is probably the most horrifying thing that I`ve heard. First of all, as an animal lover. Secondly, we know that people who abuse animals are capable of killing human beings. We know this statistically.

Mark Eiglarsh, what do you make of it?

EIGLARSH: I make of it that there`s one piece of this huge puzzle, and if that`s all they got, we`ve got problems here.

Who I give credit to are the investigators in the drug trafficking case. If there were any weaknesses at all in that case, Misty wouldn`t have opened up her mouth. She swore on videotape that she would never speak.

Now she`s not only speaking, but she`s hanging out on the dock with them, going on this field trip and clearly cooperating. So I give credit to them. They had a solid case. She was looking at decades in prison. She`s obviously speaking, and she obviously knows something.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Mike Brooks, why not arrest them then? Because of no body?

BROOKS: Well, there`s a thing called probable cause, Jane.

EIGLARSH: Yes.

BROOKS: And that`s the big thing if they -- you just can`t go on reasonable suspicion. You have to have probable cause. And right now, it doesn`t look like they have it, or somebody would be locked up.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: We are staying on top of this one.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/15/ijvm.01.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:28 am

Misty Croslin's letter. Very difficult to read. I will say one good thing about Casey Anthony. She has good penmanship and she knows how to spell, but she is still a psychopath!

http://marinadedave.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/misty-croslin-letter.jpg
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:02 am

Do ya'll have any ideas about why Joe or Tommy hated Ron so much that they would throw his daughter to the alligators? It sure wasn't because the GUN wasn't around for them to steal.
What in the HELLLLLLLL?
It's so gruesome and I'm sorry, but I really hope that Haleigh was already dead before they covered her in deer blood and threw her into the water. Oh man that is bad. It's unimaginable that something this horrific could have happened to any child.

Still gruesome,
I think LE should throw some meat into the water and track the alligator that comes to get it. Where this creature lives might be the place to find bones.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:38 am

Nite, there are so many gators in Florida and in that area of the St. John's River that it would be very difficult to do that. Also, that gator might have moved on somewhere else. They would have to bring in an alligator tracking specialist, like on Animal Planet. Seriously, those critters are not for the untrained person, even a law enforcement officer.

I completely agree with your first two para's. I don't think Ron is well-liked by many except his mommy, grandma and Misty. It's so gruesome that it borders on nightmarish. And, you know darned good and well they were all messed up. They could have been on LSD or EX or that GHB crap for all we know. I put nothing past these neanderthals at this point.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:21 am

As per Wrap's comment about the grandmothers, I had often thought that the visit TN made to drop off some laundered clothing was just an excuse to check up on the kids and the condition in the home with Misty taking care of them in her state of mind.

The two key pieces of evidence they have been looking for are just probably the yellow rope and the cinder block.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:37 am

I really would like to hear from Cobra. I am serious.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:59 am

Steve Brown who investigated the case privately for Crystal states he knows what happened to Haleigh. He also has stated that Ron was not involved. He also said it will be "no surprise". To me that implies quite clearly that Misty someone caused Haleigh's death.
As Misty was a minor at the time - no death penalty.
However, the police have said Misty is not a suspect.
Its all very confusing.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:20 pm

This story is getting more gruesome & sickening as the days go by... as well as more confusing!! Who knows what the truth is anymore & what happened to poor little Haleigh?!? Thank God for GG Hollars coming forward with what she has heard from Misty & Tommy... at least one person in that mixed-up family is trying to do the right thing!

I remember awhile back hearing about a friend of Misty's who told police that Misty had confessed to her about Haleigh overdosing on some drugs. I'm starting to think that might be what really happened - she overdosed & died. Misty panicked and called Tommy & Joe to dispose of her body. If this is true, I'm hoping that Haleigh was already dead when they threw her in the river.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:30 pm

The only problem with the accidental death from drugs is they are looking and talking about a murder weapon. I hope poor little HaLeigh was already gone before they threw her in the sewer/alligator filled river. I read quite a bit about the ST Johns river and they literally have raw sewage dumping in it. Who would fish and eat the catch out of that river?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Jean Causarus is on HLN as I type and PCSO has confirmed that Tommy Croslin DID talk to Flora Hollars on Sunday.

Also, PCSO is even looking at alligator toes as evidence.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:33 pm

If they threw Haleigh into the river alive tied to cinder blocks - then would the blocks be considered a
murder weapon?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Artgal...I think so. I pray that is not what happened.
Wrap what do you mean alligator toes?
And, how about the blood found in that van? Deer blood? I hope they tested it...I am sure they did. It seems to me that alligators would go after a human body, so why the deer blood?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:41 pm

What absolutely floored me was one of the storys about Tommy and Joe going to Ron's trailer to look for a machine gun! Those wonderous woodland creatures - do they shoot them with machine guns? Yeah, its a sport all right.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:51 pm

I don't know what to make of the alligator toe's. That is just what was reported on HLN.

The deer blood would make an alligator attack a lot faster as they would be drawn to it. crying

Yes, IMO..cinder blocks could be a murder weapon.

Here is an interesting video from ABC:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigators-missing-girl-haleigh-cummings-dead/story?id=10393476
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:52 pm

Seriously.. I am beginning to go completely NUTS with all the scenarios that are coming out of the mouths of all who are connected to this case!

Yes, Wrap as you said up thread, can anyone in this family spell, or have teeth for that matter. I watch most of NG last night and listening to that G-ma reminded me of watching Misty's mom talk.. :roll:

Anyhoo.. I don't know what to believe anymore, except what LE has to say is FACT! That being said.. Hardy says it is likely the Dock could be the actual crime.... They are now looking for a Murder weapon...

IMO, this all points away from the theory she was accidentally overdosed!

So we are left to look at the other theories that have been mentioned.. was she taken as a debt and out of anger by Joe? Was she hit in the head by Misty and abused by Joe, then taken to the dock?

Sorry, but to me, NONE of those scenarios seem plausible to me what so ever!

In fact, I don't believe a word Misty or Tommy say what so ever!

I do think there is a bit of truth to a lie... Man, I am still pondering all this..

Sorry for my blabbing on, I am just confused on all the scenarios is all!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:52 pm

lindamarie wrote:The only problem with the accidental death from drugs is they are looking and talking about a murder weapon. I hope poor little HaLeigh was already gone before they threw her in the sewer/alligator filled river. I read quite a bit about the ST Johns river and they literally have raw sewage dumping in it. Who would fish and eat the catch out of that river?
I agree but many people fish in it.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:54 pm

She could have gone into a seizure or coma but not been technically dead due to a drug overdose when "they" took her to the river, Mommy. crying head bang
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:05 pm

The fact that LE said this may be where the crime occurred (the docks) and they are there looking for the murder weapon (cinder blocks?) leads me to believe this is where she died. The theory that makes the most sense to me is that Ron and Joe were mad w/ each other over a gun. Two wks b4 someone said Joe said something to the effect that he would get back at Ron. They were all there that night, high as a kite. Joe a known sex offender molests Haleigh. (bouncing couch) Then what happens? I pray they killed her before she was thrown in.
Boy, I can't believe I am writing this stuff.
Haleigh-precious child.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:12 pm

True Wrap, but how could LE prove she was still alive and in a Coma? How would those Dummies even know she was still alive if she was in a coma? IDK, I would think if the scenario you speak of were true, then Misty and Tommy would think she was dead and that is why they dumped her in the river? IDK... seriously ... I am just in aww that we are actually talking about these scenarios right now.. I am still not ready to grasp that we are actually this close to finding out what actually happened to poor sweet HL :pale:

Yes Cherylz, that could explain the bouncy couch, as sad as I don't want to think the poor baby was raped :pale: Cousin Joe is a molester, so this could be true 🇳🇴
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:23 pm

I do not believe that any of those losers would have dared to mess with Haleigh and face the wrath of Ron who in my mind would not hesitate to kill any of them and they knew it. I believe the bouncing couch was
them trying to resucitate Haleigh who had ingested
the pills and possibly started to vomit - or collapsed.
From a childs point of view - seeing just a man's back
and moving up and down could have bee one of them trying to revive Haleigh by CPR. No way would they have messed with Haleigh on purpose. I still believe in the accidental pill ingestion.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:27 pm

But, is that why they killed her? So she wouldn't tell and they thought they could get away with it. They weren't in their right state of mind if they were under the influence of drugs.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Haleigh Cummings' Great Grandmother Annette Sykes: 'We Still Have a lot of Faith'
Taren Reed Monica Landeros Created: 4/15/2010 10:03:14 PM Updated: 4/16/2010 8:54:02 AM

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Haleigh Cummings' great grandmother said she will continue to pray for Haleigh's safe return until police can prove the 5-year-old is no longer alive. Today, Sheriff Jeff Hardy said in a news conference that police believe Haleigh is dead.

"We fully believe that until (investigators) can show us proof that Haleigh is dead, she will remain alive (to us)," Annette Sykes said, adding that faith in God keeps them hopeful.

Police gave the family the news Tuesday and in the days since, relatives have watched the St. Johns River search on television. They were surprised to see Misty Croslin led to the site Wednesday.

"We were not aware that she was down there! So, it was a shock to us as well as everyone else," Sykes said.

Police said Croslin is the last person known to have seen Haleigh.

* MORE: Authorities on Day 3 in Search for Haleigh Cummings
* VIDEO: WATCH THE FULL NEWS CONFERENCE
* MORE: Joe Overstreet's Attorney Not Contacted about Persons of Interest
* THE HALEIGH CUMMINGS TRAGEDY

Hardy announced today in a news conference that items found during the search may or may not be related to the case. He added they will be taken to several independent labs for testing.

Sykes said Croslin has answers and Joe Overstreet, Croslin's Tennessee cousin who also was questioned, might know more, too.

"Well, I mean, he was down here when it all happened. And he went right back up there. (Investigators) questioned him, a few weeks after, I'm not real sure. I know they did question him," said Sykes, adding that Overstreet was released from police custody more than a year ago.

She added until Haleigh is found, she will leave her porch light on.

"I left it on because I hoped and prayed that someone would let her out, and she could find her way with the light on. It will stay on until she comes home," Sykes said.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=154830&provider=top
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:38 pm

That is not faith it is denial. faint
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next