Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

+17
Heike
janie
NiteSpinR
Cory
pookiebear
laga
TerryRose
Turtle
charminglane
lisette
artgal16
raine1953
frogs
cherylz
Nama
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
21 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 7 Empty Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:38 pm

That is not faith it is denial. faint

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 7 Empty Re: 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:42 pm

Yes but its all she has left. The whole bunch of them are in jail - Junior will now stay with Crystal
there isnt anything left for her to cling to.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Cinder blocks are also used to keep a boat in place on a trailer. There could be blocks in the water from a boat dock.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Charm, do you still think Haleigh is alive after this past week? I realize I am putting you on the spot but I remember you always thought she was still alive.

If your thoughts have changed, I would love to hear what you think!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 7 Empty Tommy Croslin

Post by Nama Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:26 pm

Tommy Croslin was responsible for getting the current search for Haleigh Cummings under way.

James S. Werter, attorney for Hank T. Croslin Jr., known as Tommy, said it started after a recent polygraph test.

Tommy Croslin is the brother of Misty Croslin, the teenager who police said was the last person to see Haleigh alive before she disappeared one night in Feb. 2009. Misty Croslin later married and divorced Haleigh's father.

Werter said Tommy Croslin asked to take the lie detector test in March to "clear the air" regarding the events of that night. He took the test April 8.

April 10, Croslin and Werter discussed the results, and two days after that, the two met with private investigator Steven K. Brown, who earlier this week said he knew what happened in the case of the missing 5-year-old girl.

Werter didn't specify what they discussed in that meeting Monday morning, but all three people and agents from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Putnam County Sheriff's Office went to the Shell Harbour boat ramp after the meeting.

Tuesday morning, the three-day search got under way in that area.

The search lasted three days, and dive crews came out of the river with some items, but, according to Sheriff Jeff Hardy, nothing of evidentiary value.

Hardy said that investigators would continue searching for Haleigh for as long as it takes, but that it is likely the girl is dead.http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=154862&catid=3
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:30 pm

I haven't been writing much because I just don't know.

I ALWAYS hope for the best. Nothing to me has been declared official yet-that is why I hold out hope.

Cinder blocks and yellow nylon rope would be expected at a boat launch. Especially in a poorer rural area where locals dumped trash.
Grandma with no teef seems to me to be an attention seeker. Plus-nothing that comes out af any of these peoples mouths is credible.
I have a problem with the Brown guy seemingly solving the case and then announcing it. Did he plant evidence for insurance purposes for the Sheffield's so that HaLeigh could be declared dead? It just seems awfully weird to me. The whole thing.
I would leave a light on, too.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:32 pm

Haleigh Update 4-16-10

Posted on April 16th, 2010
by Jan Barrett in All News, Society and Culture, crime

This in from TJ Hart - Jan Barrett

The search for evidence of missing 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings continued Friday in the St. Johns River.

Whatever was found in the search so far has prompted Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy to switch the investigation from an abduction to a homicide.

The Tennessee grandmother of Misty and Tommy Crolsin claims she was told what happened to the 6-year-old Satsuma girl who has been missing for over 14 months in recent telephone conversations with her grandchildren from jail.

Flora Hollars of Antioch, TN appeared on HLN’s Nancy Grace show claiming she had spoken to both Misty Croslin and Tommy Croslin about what happened the night Haleigh Cummings vanished from the home where Misty was watching her in February of 2009.

Hollars claimed she told Misty that it is time to come clean.

“She said, ‘Nanny, I told them everything I know,’” Hollars said.

According to Hollars, Misty shared details about what happened the night Haleigh vanished. Hollars made it clear, however, Misty was not involved.

“Tied Haleigh up with a yellow rope and tied a brick block to the rope, and dropped her into the St. Johns River,” Hollars said.

When asked if Misty told her why, Hollars said she did not.

Hollars said she was starting to hear stories about Haleigh, some OxyContin, and an accidental overdose. She said, however, that Misty has not mentioned those details.

News Talk 97.3 The Sky has learned from sources on the scene that a pair cinder blocks were pulled from the river.

Our sources say they have no information yet regarding a yellow rope, but that the cinder blocks and other things have been sent out to be analyzed.

There has been no confirmation that these items are related to Haleigh’s case.

Also on HLN’s Nancy Grace Show, Hollars claimed she was able to “break” her grandson Tommy Croslin over the phone from the St. Johns county Jail and got him to talk about Haleigh as well.

Hollars claims she is the one who informed police where to look for the body of the missing child along the St. Johns River. Putnam County Officials have not confirmed that she is the informant, but they did announce Friday morning that telephone calls between Tommy Croslin and Flora Hollars did take place:

Media Release

April 16, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous requests for confirmation that Hank Thomas “Tommy” Croslin Jr. has recently spoken with his grandmother (Flora Hollars) in Tennessee. I can confirm that Tommy Croslin has recently spoken with Hollars by telephone. The details of the conversations or copies of the actual telephone calls cannot be released at this time. These conversations contain information related to an active criminal investigation and are considered exempt from disclosure under Florida Public Records Law.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood

Putnam County Sheriff’s Office

130 Orie Griffin Blvd.

Palatka, Florida 32177

Misty Croslin, Tommy Croslin, Haleigh’s father Ronald Cummings, his cousin Hope Sykes and Misty’s friend Donna Brock are all in jail on drug trafficking charges stemming from a January multi-agency bust.

TJ Hart

http://www.bloggernews.net/124321

Last edited by Wrapitup on Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:32 pm

As far as the Sheriff calling it a homicide investigation--that makes it more clear to me, however that also may be a strategic tactic.
It would be very interesting if sightings of Haleigh increased after they say there is proof of her demise.
Someone might feel she is safe to come out more now.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Who would take and keep Haleigh - unless you think
she was sold? That seems too unlikely a scenario to me. Whatever happened to Haleigh happened in one day - or night and there is no way this bunch of crack-heads could have had the brains to smuggle her out and sell her. Its too far-fetched. She has to be dead, as I can see no other possible scenarios. If you eliminate the impossible, as the old saying goes, whatever is left no matter how improbable is the truth.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 7 Empty Croslin Jr.'s attorney: He didn't make any confessions in Haleigh Cummings case

Post by Nama Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr.'s attorney released a statement this morning saying that he did not confess anything about Haleigh Cummings' disappearance to his grandmother.

Croslin Jr. is the brother of Misty Croslin, who reported the 5-year-old missing Feb. 10, 2009. She had been dating and living with the girl's father, Ronald Cummings, who was at work when she said Haleigh disappeared from their Satsuma home.

Croslin Jr., who is in jail on unrelated drug charges with her sister and Cummings, submitted to a lie detector test this month and later met with representatives of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, State Attorney's Office and FBI.

His attorney said Croslin Jr. then took the investigators to the Shell Harbour Road boat ramp, which became the epicenter for three days of revived searching for Cummings this week.

Croslin's grandmother, Flora Hollars, said she was responsible for the revived search after calling investigators with new details the Croslins gave her.

Jim Werter, who represents Croslin Jr., said in a news release that Croslin Jr. "did not tell Flora Hollars anything about the investigation except to have his attorney contact and meet with him."

"This is in response to latest claims by various reporting agencies that they have verified that Tommy Croslin confessed to Hollars. He did not," Werter said.

Hollars told the Times-Union in several interviews that she got a tearful phone call from Croslin Jr. Sunday night telling her that his cousin, Joseph Overstreet of Nashville, was responsible for Haleigh's disappearance, which the Sheriff's Office began calling a homicide this week.

Hollars also said that her granddaughter Misty Croslin told her that Overstreet held a knife to her throat and threatened to kill her and her family if they told that he came for Haleigh.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office confirmed this morning that Croslin Jr. spoke with Hollars recently, but declined to discuss the details of the recorded conversations. They also declined to release the conversations, citing an exemption from Florida's public records law for information related to an active criminal investigation.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-16/story/croslins-attorney-he-didnt-make-any-confessions-haleigh-cummings-case
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:11 pm

I just read the Brittanee Drexel thread.
Same scenario-she is probably not alive.
There are a few people as suspects.
Not a lot of evidence.
Yet hope for her is still there--just like for HaLeigh until I hear otherwise from LE and the evidence.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:24 pm

Someone over at Marinade Daves site posted LP was going to bail out Ron but some how it got held up.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:26 pm

The murder weapon: Gr.- Grandma Hollars said on HLN that she has heard 3 stories and one of them has said that Misty hit Haleigh in the head with a blunt instrument, like a stick or a bat. Gr-G Hollars also said she cannot believe that Misty would do that. If this version is correct, the instrument may have been thrown in the river with Haleigh and thus is the weapon we speculate on.

There is also a possibility that the men actually found Ron's gun and were playing around with it while heavily intoxicated and it went off and hit the child. No one else has suggested this, so I am thinking I am probably wrong thinking this a possibility.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 7 Empty Search is over

Post by Nama Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:26 pm

Per CNN HLN the search of the St Johns River is over. Possible that there were cinder blocks removed and being sent out for analysis.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:29 pm

artgal16 wrote:Someone over at Marinade Daves site posted LP was going to bail out Ron but some how it got held up.
No surprise there, LE knows that everyone is safer with Ron locked up. The very mention of a suspect and he would go on a vigilante hunt and kill that person before trial, or might kill everyone he thinks is involved without even knowing exactly what happened. Keeping him in jail is safer for everyone, including the community at large.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:33 pm

I hope this wasn't already posted, but I thought it was a great article about Cousin Joe and him NOT being the One!

Cousin Joe: a Red Herring!
The Croslin family has tried to pin the now murder of Haleigh Cummings on a 20-year-old man by the name of Joe Overstreet. Overstreet is from the Nashville Tennessee area. Overstreet is a cousin to Misty Croslin, who was staying in Satsuma at the time Haleigh vanished. Overstreet was staying with Misty's brother and his wife.
Croslin wrote a letter (go to the slide show to read the letter) last month to her brother Timmy saying Joe Overstreet was at the trailer the night Haleigh vanished, that Oversteet raped her, made a threat to kill her, put a knife to her and she basically tries to implicate him in Haleigh's case.
The grandmother of Misty and Tommy Croslin recently appeared on "Nancy Grace" on HLN in an exclusive interview detailing how Tommy Croslin told her, in a conversation she had with him over the weekend, that Joe Overstreet is the one that took Haleigh Cummings and dumped her body in the St. Johns river.
The grandmother also states that she is the tipster that tipped off police to search for Haleigh's remains there at the St. John's river.
This all comes on the heels after Tommy and Misty Croslin flunked their polygraph tests regarding their involvement in this case.
In my opinion the theory that Joe Overstreet is involved in this case is asinine! The motive being attributed to him for murdering Haleigh is that he got into an argument with Ronald after Ronald had accused him of stealing a pistol. When Ronald went to work the night Haleigh vanished, Overstreet went to the home that night to take Haleigh as some sort of revenge.
According to Misty and Tommy Croslin he took Haleigh, murdered her and disposed of her body in the St. John's river.
That theory is absolutely absurd! Any prosecutor that would argue such nonsense to a jury would be laughed out of court. You take a child and kill her because someone accused you of stealing a gun? There is no logic in that argument.
We need to remember that the Croslin's are all liars who have stonewalled this investigation since Haleigh vanished, and as usual Misty's story doesn't make sense. Misty has accused people on Haleigh's mother's side of the family of abducting Haleigh. She also insinuated that drug dealers connected with her ex husband Ronald Cummings abducted Haleigh, and now after a year after Haleigh vanished we are expected to believe this liar and her brother?
In Misty's version she says that Tommy Croslin and Joe Overstreet were in cahoots. That doesn't make any sense either. Since Tommy Croslin only came to the house that night after Ronald Cummings had called him and asked him to go to the home, after he couldn't get in touch with Misty.
Are we supposed to believe that Ronald called Tommy Croslin, told him to go to the home to check on Misty and his children and then Tommy suddenly decided that he is going to participate in the abduction and murder of a little girl?
The reality is that we are getting fed a bunch of lies from Misty Croslin. Which isn't really a bad thing. Croslin is most likely weaving the truth into some of her lies.
She might say that Joe, Tommy and Aliens abducted Haleigh, killed her and dumped her body in the water. She may be lying about who is involved in Haleigh's murder, but she could possibly be telling the truth about where Haleigh's body was disposed of.

I do not believe that Tommy or Joe is 100% innocent of this. They may possibly know something BUT there is no evidence that they murdered Haleigh and there is no good motive that can be attributed to either one of them. Ronald and Misty on the other hand are the two that have acted the most suspicious during this entire case.

Took from a section of the article on this link http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-33505-Nashville-Crime-Examiner~y2010m4d16-Breaking-Haleigh-Cummings-case-now-declared-a-homicide-investigation
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:39 pm

I agree -Ron is a very scary guy, I dont believe any of them would intentionally hurt Haleigh thats why I still believe the accident theory.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:44 pm

BJ in OR wrote:Per CNN HLN the search of the St Johns River is over. Possible that there were cinder blocks removed and being sent out for analysis.
Our sources say they have no information yet regarding a yellow rope, but that the cinder blocks and other things have been sent out to be analyzed.

http://www.bloggernews.net/124321
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:46 pm

charminglane wrote:I haven't been writing much because I just don't know.

I ALWAYS hope for the best. Nothing to me has been declared official yet-that is why I hold out hope.

Cinder blocks and yellow nylon rope would be expected at a boat launch. Especially in a poorer rural area where locals dumped trash.
Grandma with no teef seems to me to be an attention seeker. Plus-nothing that comes out af any of these peoples mouths is credible.
I have a problem with the Brown guy seemingly solving the case and then announcing it. Did he plant evidence for insurance purposes for the Sheffield's so that HaLeigh could be declared dead? It just seems awfully weird to me. The whole thing.
I would leave a light on, too.
Very interesting scenario. At this point, I hope and pray you are correct, but I really doubt it.

Geez, I want a smoking I need to think and "think" that will help me "think". duct and run
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:47 pm

artgal16 wrote:I agree -Ron is a very scary guy, I dont believe any of them would intentionally hurt Haleigh thats why I still believe the accident theory.
Agree with every word you said, Artgal.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:48 pm

I just don't believe that Joe Overstreet is involved. I am certain he has taken poly's. If they thought he was a suspect or POI I would think they would have taken him in after 14 months.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:13 pm

artgal16 wrote:Someone over at Marinade Daves site posted LP was going to bail out Ron but some how it got held up.
I read this somewhere else yesterday. If Padilla is stupid enough to bail Ron out, he also better have his minions follow Ron's every move and make sure all his guns are taken away from him. affraid He scares me and I don't scare easily.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:30 pm

I agree Ron does not need to be bailed out. However, he does not scare me, what you see is what you get with a person like him. It's people like misty that scare me. I have not posted on this thread, but keep reading hoping for an answer. Thinking that joe or tommy murdered her makes no sense, nor would misty keep that a secret for so long. She wants us to believe she was freightened of joe with a knife from Tn? From the very beginning until now I have not been able to come up with nor heard a scenero that makes sense to me, so IDK.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:11 pm

Yes, Laga, this whole case is full of contradictions. I feel sorry for law enforcement trying to get at the truth with this large bunch of liars. Could KC be somehow related to these people? I also wonder how much this case, plus the Anthony case, will cost the taxpayers of Florida before both cases are all over----seems to me it just takes a few scumbags to bankrupt a state.

And, Wrap, if you fall off the tobacco-free wagon, no need to duck and run from me---I haven't been able to quit yet, so I cannot judge you!
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:47 pm

Could KC be somehow related to these people?
ROFLMAO
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:49 pm

by lindamarie Today at 6:47 pm

Could KC be somehow related to these people?

NO, She has ALL her teeth and can actually SPELL. peace gum duct and run
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:59 pm

And, her parent's are educated. That may be worse! affraid :tongue in chee
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:13 pm

They have Chelsea Croslin a sister in law of Mistys on she doesnt have the same twangy accent and seems to be much better spoken and more educated than the rest of this bunch - but she still looks like shes been thru the mill. They all have this same hang-dog look these girls. Is it because of the drugs?
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Oil of Old Lady
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:16 pm

You guys crack me up! ROFLMAO Maybe that is what we all need, to laugh a little in the middle of all this sadness we are feeling over little Haleigh.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 7 Empty On Marinade Dave's Blog/ Joe Overstreet’s sister

Post by Nama Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:39 am

Here are Kayla’s own words in defense of her brother:

I am Joe Overstreet’s sister, granddaughter of Flora Hollars. Before yall go and start believing all these stories that Joe had something to do with Haleigh yall need to relize who’s stories has changed everytime they have talk to someone..Now my Grandmother want to get involved yall can’t believe her either she is just out to try and get some money out of people..She is already receiving money from alot of people in Florida that is the only reason she is talking..One minute she will tell Joe that she knows he didn’t do it then turn around and tell Misty and Tommy the same thing..Joe is innocent,he had nothing to do with this..He was on vacation and was planned to leave on Feb. 10 2009 just as he did.. He did not just up and leave he talk to the police before he left..Misty and Tommy and also my grandmother is crazy..Before the law believes anything that my grandmother Flora Hollars say they need to do a drug test on her to make sure she is not doped up and knows what she is talking about… She is only out to try and get a reward… She will change her story just as much as Tommy and Misty will..My brother was just in the wrong place at the wrong time..He is a good guy. Tommy and Misty just thinks they will get a plea if they try and blame it on someone else..And also if Tommy made the call to my Grandmother that him and Joe had done that to Haleigh why was that phone call not recorded all the rest of them are..I would not put it past my grandmother to make something like that up..She is a very selfish lady that is just out for money and attention…

At this point, we are in a state of confusion. Misty squealed. Tommy squealed. Joe did it. No, he didn’t. Tommy did it. No, Misty did it. Flora Hollars squealed. Tommy may have done it. No, Joe did it. No, Misty… YES! Misty did it! Is Ron out of the woods? There was a petition site put up…

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/free-ronald-cummings
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:41 am

I think Misty's goose is cooked.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:52 am

WOW...
I bet the Holidays are just Plain FUN for that family. 6/21/2010 Bone Found in the St John River Not Related to the Haleigh Cummings Case - Page 7 Stepof10
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:00 am

I think LE should take Misty, Tommy & Joe down to the docks, tie cinder blocks to them, and then inform them that they will be thrown into the river unless they immediately tell the truth about what happened to Haleigh. Think it might work? Fingers Crossed Sarcasm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:37 am

Target:
NEVERMIND
Sponsored by:
NEVERMIND
THIS PETITION HAS ENDED UNTIL THERE IS MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT HAPPENED ............. IF POLICE ARE ABLE TO PROVE RONALD WASN'T INVOLVED THEN I WILL REOPEN ANOTHER PETITION TO HELP RONALD, I DO STRONGLY BELIEVE HE SHOULD BE HOME MOURNING WITH HIS FAMILY BUT NOT ALL FACTS HAVE BEEN MADE PUBLIC.
This is what I got when I clicked on the petition link~lindamarie~
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:23 pm

I wouldn't sign that petition if you paid me!!! What a bunch of nutjobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:53 pm

This is old news but there are some interesting statements made.

No results in two-day search for HaLeigh
Posted: April 15, 2010 - 12:13am

By KATE HOWARD
Still no HaLeigh Cummings.

Still no new evidence found.

Still no one in custody.

But Day 2 of a revived search for the missing 6-year-old Putnam County girl generated key, new revelations.

In a dramatic jailhouse phone call to his grandmother Sunday, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. blamed a cousin for the disappearance of HaLeigh over a gun.

That cousin had already been questioned in the beginning, cleared and now questioned again. He has maintained he had nothing to do with it and has not been arrested.

Flo Hollars, 67, said Croslin Jr. called her Nashville, Tenn., home from jail and said he and cousin Joseph Overstreet had gone to the mobile home where his sister Misty Croslin was taking care of HaLeigh and the 5-year-old's younger brother.

The story came out after Hollars said she was tired of not knowing the truth, and Croslin Jr. wanted to get it off his chest.

"I told him I know you failed your lie detector test," she said.

He said they went looking for a machine gun they were going to steal but learned it was gone, she said.

Croslin Jr., 23, told his grandmother they left but that Overstreet, 20, went back later.

Overstreet put a knife to Misty Croslin's throat and took HaLeigh, Hollars said she was told.

"If she talked, he would kill her," Hollars said of Misty, now 18.

Vickie Sullivan, a daughter of Hollars, who was at the apartment Sunday, said Misty called from the St. Johns County jail about 15 minutes after her brother. She also said Overstreet had a knife at her throat and threatened to kill her and her family if she told he was there, Sullivan said.

Hollars said Croslin Jr., who was crying as he told the story, said he didn't know what happened to HaLeigh after she disappeared.

She said it was Chelsea Croslin, the wife of a third Croslin sibling, Timmy Croslin, who told them where to search in the waterway and woods off County Road 309 about five miles from where Haleigh was last seen in Satsuma.

Hollars said she called an investigator in Putnam County Sunday night with the information.

Searchers began looking in the St. Johns River south of Satsuma on Tuesday.

They remained out there Wednesday and even brought Misty Croslin to the scene from the St. Johns County jail. She, Croslin Jr. and HaLeigh's father, Ronald Cummings, all are jailed on prescription drug-trafficking charges.

For Overstreet, seated Wednesday afternoon in a Tennessee office next to his attorney and his mother, defended himself. Detectives flew to Nashville Tuesday night to question Overstreet. The meeting lasted under an hour, his attorney said.

Overstreet and attorney Shawn Sirgo said the case has derailed him from plans to get his life on track. He had completed his high school education, was working toward a full-time job and considering a vocational school.

Mostly his lawyer fielded the questions, and Overstreet sat quietly, occasionally clenching and unclenching his jaw. But when asked how he was handling the impact of the allegations, he dropped his head and sobbed.

"I've lost a lot of family," he said, before the tears overwhelmed him.

His attorney put his hand on his shoulder.

"At his age, to be accused of such a horrendous act and be given no support, it's disgusting," Sirgo said. "It's appalling."

Overstreet's name has been associated with the disappearance since the day HaLeigh was discovered missing Feb. 10, 2009. He and a friend were in Northeast Florida visiting their respective relatives.

Overstreet said he didn't know who took HaLeigh, and if he did, he would've called the police and told them.

Croslin Jr.'s attorney declined to comment Wednesday.

Thousands of manhours have gone into the case with hundreds of tips and multiple searches. For a weekend in September, authorities even drained a pond on Florida 19 south of Palatka but said they found no evidence. No suspects have ever been named.

Tuesday, Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy brought the families together to update them on the investigation. Connie Sheffield, stepmother to HaLeigh's birth mother, Crystal Sheffield, said Wednesday that about a dozen members of the Sheffield and Cummings families, including Ronald Cummings, were together for the latest updates.

Though the two families have been at odds during the past year, she said they were all in the room together crying. She said it was the first time the families had been called together as a group.

She said the sheriff asked that the family not share details of the meeting, but she said he did not indicate that any evidence had been found. Putnam County officials confirmed Wednesday that nothing of value had been located during the search.

She and her husband, Johnny Sheffield, have been bracing themselves for whatever the outcome may be.

"We don't know if they are looking for evidence or they are looking for her body," she said.

Putnam County investigators emphasized that rumors they had someone in custody related to the incident were not true.

Overstreet said he was frustrated, with the accusations and the media attention. As for the people making the accusations, he said he couldn't say what he wanted to say on TV.

Near the end of their news conference, a reporter told Overstreet she spoke with his grandmother. Immediately, he clenched his fists and walked away from the cameras. His mother followed to console him. She came back a few minutes later, alone.

"Is he coming back?" she was asked.

"No," she said.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-04-15/no-results-two-day-search-haleigh
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:54 pm

Media Release
April 16, 2010

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office has received numerous requests for confirmation that Hank Thomas “Tommy” Croslin Jr. has recently spoken with his grandmother (Flora Hollars) in Tennessee. I can confirm that Tommy Croslin has recently spoken with Hollars by telephone. The details of the conversations or copies of the actual telephone calls cannot be released at this time. These conversations contain information related to an active criminal investigation and are considered exempt from disclosure under Florida Public Records Law.

Lieutenant Johnny Greenwood
Putnam County Sheriff’s Office
130 Orie Griffin Blvd.
Palatka, Florida 32177
(386) 326.2782
jgreenwood@putnamsheriff.org
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:31 pm

Do I really believe that Joe completed his high school education?
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Haleigh Cummings & Caylee Anthony Radio Update
Sun Apr/18
Posted on April 17th, 2010
by Simon Barrett

We will be running our regular weekly radio program at 3pm Central on Sunday April 18. It has been quite a week and there is plenty to discuss in both cases.

The PCSO has switched their focus from Haleigh Cummings being missing to Haleigh Cummings being the victim of a homicide. This ups the ante for the players involved.

The case picked up momentum last Monday evening when a Private Investigator shared his 10 months of findings with the PCSO, this resulted in a full blown search of a small area of the St. Johns river, specifically a boat dock in Shell Harbour.

The search commenced on Tuesday at 10 am and the PCSO tried their very best to keep the event low profile but within a short time the site became a media circus. BNN did have a reporter on site and I am hoping that Armando Aldazabal will be joining us on the program to tell us about what he saw and heard. He had the opportunity to talk with some police officials and also witnessed some confrontations between the press and law enforcement. It is said that at least one reporter from a Fox affiliate station was arrested, I am hoping that Armando can fill us in on this particular event,

The search wrapped up on Friday and although the PCSO are being very tight lipped it is possible that some items of interest were found. One rumor is that two cinder blocks were removed together with a length of yellow rope. At least two sources have mentioned seeing yellow rope in the back yard of the Cummings trailer shortly after Haleigh was reported missing.

A pivotal moment in the search came on Wednesday evening when PCSO personnel brought a handcuffed Misty Croslin to the search site. What was discussed has not been revealed, however a communique from the PCSO indicates that they do have ‘persons of interest’ and that they are receiving co-operation from them.

There have also been the usual raft of red herrings however they are getting easier to spot.

The exact make-up of the panel is still being ironed out but it should be a great program. To listen in point your browser to www.blogtalkradio.com at 3pm central tomorrow, or click here.

See you all on Sunday

Simon and Jan Barrett

http://www.bloggernews.net/124332#comment-1584105
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:00 am

This is a comment from Blogger News. I really think this person may have just solved this case:

tobias said,
in April 16th, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I have seen some of the theories and my theory in the beginning was Tommy had opportunity to unlock the back door earlier when he was there. He was going to rob the gun(and from past events we know he has a thing for this and I think he took it the first time and Joe took the blame for hiding it in the ditch). But it gets easier to do when Ron calls him and Tommy thinks Misty has left. He goes in to steal and turns on the light, Haleigh wakes and thinks its daddy home from work. She goes to kitchen and Tommy freaks and covers her mouth so she wont wake Misty. With asthma she could suffocate easily or he is too rough. Misty wakes up to find Tommy and a dead Haleigh. Tommy says he didnt mean it and will lose his kids(which Misty says she loves)and Misty knows she will lose Ron because she didnt protect Haleigh. The yellow rope came from somewhere was it from Tommys house? We know where the brick came from. They take Haleigh and put her in the river, Misty waits with a story that they all hope will point to a SO in the area but media frenzy begins and things get crazy. Joe may have been there with Tommy but he may also have been out doing something else with the van, like doing drugs and partying.jmo

http://www.bloggernews.net/124326
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:33 am

Bless little Haleigh! xoxo

There is so little that I feel that I know unequivocally about the bottomline of what happened to Haleigh, as much as I can speculate. The things I feel I do know for sure that seem most relevant, simplified, are:

*The entire family structure uses poor judgment
*The "close" players have a history of drug involvement
*LE recently believes there is a good enough reason to call this a homicide investigation and to bring the family in from all locations, for a consult.
*LE has access to the phone records between Tommy and Misty with other parties
*LE has access to letters that were written by Misty
*LE suddenly is searching an area of the river by the dock
*LE had a good reason to take Misty to the dock to provide information, and she agreed to go (per reports she had to agree)

There are countless other details, but I am simplifying in an attempt not to dilute the message...LE has clear confidence in what they know, or they would not have turned this into a homicide investigation? We do not have that information, so we still speculate, but would they have made this leap without confidence? My gut says there is something powerful enough that they believe, to have moved forward in this clear direction. They are taking great care in not identifying a suspect, fair enough. I find it hard to believe that at this stage they would be operating on what could easily be just more lies. They have a reason to believe. Misty was at that dock for a reason, we just do not know exactly what it is yet.

That is what I feel.

xoxo
Heike
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:38 am

I know that I am odd in this way, but as interesting as speculation is, I cannot really find resolution with it. This is a theory, but it is pure speculation...I can always think hmmmm, what if, but I cannot embrace any speculation as a definitive idea to believe in?

Wrapitup wrote:This is a comment from Blogger News. I really think this person may have just solved this case:

tobias said,
in April 16th, 2010 at 5:26 pm

I have seen some of the theories and my theory in the beginning was Tommy had opportunity to unlock the back door earlier when he was there. He was going to rob the gun(and from past events we know he has a thing for this and I think he took it the first time and Joe took the blame for hiding it in the ditch). But it gets easier to do when Ron calls him and Tommy thinks Misty has left. He goes in to steal and turns on the light, Haleigh wakes and thinks its daddy home from work. She goes to kitchen and Tommy freaks and covers her mouth so she wont wake Misty. With asthma she could suffocate easily or he is too rough. Misty wakes up to find Tommy and a dead Haleigh. Tommy says he didnt mean it and will lose his kids(which Misty says she loves)and Misty knows she will lose Ron because she didnt protect Haleigh. The yellow rope came from somewhere was it from Tommys house? We know where the brick came from. They take Haleigh and put her in the river, Misty waits with a story that they all hope will point to a SO in the area but media frenzy begins and things get crazy. Joe may have been there with Tommy but he may also have been out doing something else with the van, like doing drugs and partying.jmo

http://www.bloggernews.net/124326
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:44 am

Heike, I loved your posts. You are always the voice of reason.

In your second post, I understand that yes, it is speculation. But, after 14 months, I would expect most have speculated and formed some type of opinion. In reading this person's speculation, it made more sense to me than any other speculation I've read.

I am not as good as expressing myself as you are. I love reading your posts and thoughts. So, I hope what I said made sense. ❤
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Heike Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:59 am

Kathie! <3

You express yourself perfectly....and I get it, and I can follow so many theories, as well as my own, and travel down those roads...they are all unfortunately dark, but in the end I end up feeling that I really do not know very much!

I do believe LE knows something quite BIG that we do not. We are left with the NG and media drama right now...but I do not think any of the spin is exactly it, I do not think they would call a homicide based on some unsubstantiated potential lies. I will speculate it comes, in the end, from Misty...and that we do not yet know what it is, or if it was voluntary, or a "woops" on someone's part.

However it came, do you believe that LE would have called homicide without something more than we know, see? That is where I am at.

xoxo
Heike
Heike
Heike

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:05 am

Ronald Cumming's Attorney: Father Still Has Hope Tip Was False Lead

Jessica Clark Created: 4/17/2010 4:08:59 PM Updated: 4/17/2010 6:42:55 PM

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- While boats and divers scoured the St. Johns River this week near Satsuma, detectives met with Haleigh Cummings' family.

Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, was walked out of jail for a while so detectives could also update him on the search for his missing daughter.

His attorney, Terry Shoemaker, told First Coast News that Cummings and his family were advised to make funeral arrangements.

"Yeah, you can understand how Ron would be shocked at that because he's hoping it ends, but still holding hope that maybe they're wrong that maybe something else happened and this will end up as another false lead," Shoemaker said.

Earlier this week, Flora Hollars -- the grandmother of Cummings' ex-wife Misty Croslin - spoke about the case. Hollars claimed Misty and her brother told her their cousin -- Joe Overstreet -- took the little girl.

Shoemaker said Cummings does not know Joe Overstreet well, but had suspected Overstreet since day one.

"He's not surprised," Shoemaker said, "and [Cummings] said if you go back and listen to the 911 tape he made a comment that night about "Cousin Joe.""

First Coast News has reviewed the 911 tape released by the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. First Coast News cannot make out where Cummings mentions "Cousin Joe" Overstreet. However, some of the 911 call may have been redacted.

Meanwhile, Overstreet maintained his innocence this week.

Overstreet told First Coast News' Jackelyn Barnard "I didn't do it."

Three days of searching the St. Johns River turned up items that need to be tested in labs as evidence in the case. Shoemaker said Saturday that Cummings believes Haleigh was placed in the river.

"I think he has a pretty good idea that's what transpired," Shoemaker said.

However, investigators and the sheriff have not confirmed what really happened to the little girl.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=154906&catid=3
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:07 am

According to News 4 Jax, Tommy Croslin is the one who lead investigators to search the River. Tommy Croslin’s attorney, James Werter stated in an email to WJXT, that Tommy Croslin took a polygraph test on April 8, 2010 and met with investigators, the FBI and authorities from the State Attorney’s Office, the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. The report states that he met with investigators for two hours then led the team of investigators to the Shell Harbour Road Boat Ramp at the St. Johns River where the search began.

snipped from:

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=6037
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:06 am

do you believe that LE would have called homicide without something more than we know, see?

No, I don't. They have to know more in order to make that remark. The next few weeks should be quite interesting.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:27 am

This is very informative.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:36 am

Break in Haleigh case may come from Croslin brother in jail
Posted: April 16, 2010 - 3:07pm

By Dana Treen, Kate Howard

Before the river searches and changing storylines began this week over Haleigh Cummings' disappearance, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. took investigators to a spot along the St. Johns River they were soon calling a crime scene.

It's still unclear what was said by Croslin, the brother of the woman who reported 5-year-old Haleigh missing from her Satsuma home on Feb. 10, 2009.

But according to a timeline given by his attorney Friday, information from Croslin may have set off the water search for Haleigh's remains and the first time the Putnam County Sheriff's Office called her case a homicide.

Investigators searched for three days for evidence that could point to Haleigh's death. Both Croslin and his sister, Misty Croslin, were taken out of jail and brought to the boat ramp at Shell Harbour Road, five miles from where Haleigh disappeared. Both siblings and Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, are being held on drug charges unrelated to Haleigh's disappearance.

Attorney James Werter said in a news release that Croslin Jr. submitted to a lie detector test on April 8 and the two talked about the results two days later.

On Monday afternoon, Croslin Jr. met with representatives of the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the State Attorney's Office and the FBI.

Later that day, Werter said, Croslin Jr. then led the investigators to the Shell Harbour Road boat ramp. The search began the next morning.

His grandmother, Flora Hollars, said she was responsible for the revived search after calling investigators with new details from both siblings.

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy said this week the tip that spurred the search did not come from Tennessee, where Hollars lives. When asked if it came from the jail, Hardy wouldn't comment.

Hollars said she was told by both of her grandchildren in calls from jail on Sunday night that their cousin, Nashville resident Joseph Overstreet, took Haleigh from her home. Overstreet was interviewed by detectives late Tuesday, and he denies any knowledge or involvement in the case.
Werter said Friday that Croslin Jr. "did not tell Flora Hollars anything about the investigation except to have his attorney contact and meet with him."

"This is in response to latest claims by various reporting agencies that they have verified that Tommy Croslin confessed to Hollars. He did not," Werter said.

The Putnam County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Croslin Jr. had called his grandmother on Sunday but couldn't address the contents of the conversation. It declined to release the tapes of the phone calls, saying the content was connected to the ongoing investigation.

The office then released a statement saying it had been inundated with phone calls about the case and were no longer able to respond to media inquiries.

Hollars also said she heard from Misty Croslin on Thursday, who gave more details about Haleigh being dropped into the river tied to a cinder block.

However, her father, Hank Croslin Sr., said Misty Croslin "didn't tell Flo all that stuff."

Misty Croslin's parents said they talked with their jailed daughter Friday and were told she has not given detectives any new information.

Croslin Sr. said his daughter told him "she told the cops all she knows."

Hollars, who has always lived in Nashville, said she visited her family in Florida occasionally but never met Haleigh.

Hollars could not be reached for comment Friday afternoon, but Friday morning she told the Times-Union that Misty Croslin considers her both a mother and a nanny and may have told her more than she told her parents.

"She doesn't trust them," Hollars said.

Croslin Sr. and his wife said they spoke to their daughter and son on Friday morning.

He said Croslin Jr. said he only asked Hollars to get in touch with other family members to arrange visits. At the time Hollars was the only one in the family with money in a telephone account to pay for collect calls from jail, the elder Croslin said.

He said his son isn't talking about the case over the phone but has denied involvement in Haleigh's disappearance.

"I'm not saying he doesn't know anything," Croslin Sr. said, adding that Hollars may been repeating the content of letters Misty Croslin sent to her father and another brother in Massachusetts.

He also said the reward money in the case - $35,000 - might be an influence.

"The only person who knows the truth is the police and the lawyers and them," he said.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-04-16/story/croslins-attorney-he-didnt-make-any-confessions-haleigh-cummings-case
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:41 am

Interesting, Wrap! It sounds like LE is trying to "cover their butts" by calling it a "death investigation" instead of a homicide. Curiouser and curiouser...

However, I'm really not surprised that they didn't find much evidence of Haleigh's body - it's been over a year & if there are alligators in that river, there probably wouldn't be much left of her!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next