Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

+18
raine1953
jeanne1807
Lilone
cherylz
NiteSpinR
adelacruz
charminglane
CritterFan1
janie
artgal16
trishd54
lisette
Marica
frogs
Nama
TerryRose
ladyjustice37
Wrapitup
22 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 13 Empty Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home, according to his attorney James Werter

Post by Nama Fri May 14, 2010 11:10 am

Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home, according to his attorney James Werter

The missing 5-year-old, vanished from her trailer in February 2009. According to Werter, Tommy Croslin says he and his cousin, Joe Overstreet, visited the home where Haleigh Cummings lived with her father Ronald Cummins and his then girlfriend, Misty Croslin, the night Haleigh Cummings went missing. Werter says Overstreet wanted to borrow an automatic rifle at the home to go deer hunting and that Overstreet became irate when he learned the gun was not there. “Things happened from there,” Werter said, explaining Croslin, Jr. went into the trailer bedroom to find Overstreet in a rage and Haleigh Cummings no longer alive.

Has the father of missing 5-year-old, Haleigh Cummings, struck a plea deal?

Today we learn Ronald Cummings and his attorney, Terry Shoemaker, are negotiating to secure Cummings a lighter sentence on drug-trafficking charges. Cummings, charged with five counts of trafficking Hydrocodone, faces a minimum of 83 years in prison. Shoemaker says he’s currently working to secure a prison sentence of 15 years or less for Cummings in exchange for Cummings’ statement in the drug-trafficking cases slated to proceed against Cummings’ ex-wife, Misty Croslin, and Croslin’s brother, Tommy Croslin. The statement, Shoemaker says, would likely bolster the State’s cases against Misty and Tommy Croslin. A trial date for Ronald Cummings remains scheduled for July 19.

A conversation between Tommy Croslin and Croslin’s grandmother, Flora Hollars, has just been released. Tommy Croslin tells his grandmother he fears for the lives of his children. Will these newly released audio tapes finally clear up what Croslin told Hollars about Haleigh’s disappearance? And does the call explain why Tommy Croslin has not revealed more about the night Haleigh Cummings vanished? Tune in to Nancy Grace Friday, 8:00 p.m. EST to hear Tommy Croslin’s attorney, Jim Werter, talk about Haleigh Cumming’s disappearance, in what Putnam County detectives are now calling a homicide investigation.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/14/tommy-croslin-claims-haleigh-cummings-died-in-her-own-home-according-to-his-attorney-james-werter/

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 13 Empty Re: Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 15, 2010 8:34 am

Tommy Croslin: I Know How Haleigh Died
Croslin Says He Was Threatened To Be Kept Quiet

POSTED: 11:34 am EDT May 14, 2010
UPDATED: 5:48 pm EDT May 14, 2010

SATSUMA, Fla. --
A jailhouse call has been released that sheds new light on the case of missing Florida girl Haleigh Cummings.

Haleigh Cummings disappeared in Satsuma last year.

The brother of Haleigh's father's ex-wife Misty, Hank Croslin Jr., who is known to family as Tommy, told his grandmother that he feels he must open up about what happened to Haleigh.

Tommy is in jail on an unrelated drug charge. Misty is believed to be the last person to see Haleigh at her Satsuma home.

In the newly released call, Croslin told his grandmother to tell his mother, "I've got to do something that I should have done a long time ago."

Tommy said the knowledge of what happened to Haleigh has been eating at him.

"I'm just scared and I don't want no one to hurt my kids," Croslin said to his grandmother.

Croslin said on the call that he knows who is responsible for Haleigh's death.

His grandmother questioned him about the night Haleigh was last seen.

"I was told that Ron come home, and Haleigh and found one of his pills and took it and was dead ... Ron called you to get you to come up there and help Misty clean the house while he disposed of Haleigh," Crolsin's grandmother Flora Hollars said.

Tommy denied that story to his grandmother and said it simply wasn't true.

He said he was threatened to stay quiet about what happened, or risk being killed. He told his grandmother he feels more safe in jail.

Croslin asked his grandmother about his sister Misty and if she has told investigators all she knows about Haleigh. Misty is in jail on drug trafficking charges with Haleigh's father, Ron Cummings.

video here:
http://www.wesh.com/crime/23554386/detail.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 13 Empty Re: Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/ Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home

Post by concerned4all Sat May 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Did Ronald really make a deal for 15 years if he testifies against the Croslin's? I watched Tommy's attorney on NG and he said Tommy has told him what really happened the night Hayley disappeared and they have told LE. Has that really happened or just more hype to help NG's ratings?

If Tommy & Grandma had their phone conversation in April, is that what led to the search at the River? If LE has known since April, is that why Lindsay left her and Tommy's house and went to live with her parents? Is she really getting a divorce, or did she move for safety's sake? The more that comes out in this case causes more questions for me. I'm sorry if I have repeated what has already been discussed. LOL Soon to be 69, so guess brain is not working as good as it used to.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 13 Empty Haleigh Cummings: Father of missing girl accepts plea deal in drug case, will testify against Misty

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 15, 2010 3:58 pm

May 14, 7:43 PMCrime ExaminerCindy Adams

Ronald Cummings, the father of missing Florida girl, Haleigh Cummings, has agreed to a plea deal in exchange for his testimony in a prescription drug trafficking case.

WESH reports that Cummings will have to testify against Misty Croslin, his ex-wife and the woman who was taking care of his daughter the night she disappeared.

In February 2009, while Cummings was at work, Misty claims she woke up to use the bathroom, found the back door of the mobile home propped open with a brick, and discovered Haleigh -- then 5 years old -- was gone. Authorities note they’ve kept a close eye on Misty due to her inconsistent statements about that night.

In January, Cummings and his cousin Hope Sykes, Misty and her brother Hank “Tommy” Croslin Jr., and friend Donna Brock were arrested for trafficking prescription drugs. Sykes has been sentenced to 15 years for her part in the crime.

Cummings has now agreed to serve 15 years behind bars in exchange for testifying against Misty -- who he married and then divorced in 2009 -- and her brother Tommy regarding the drug case, according to WESH.

According to Tommy's attorney, his client said that his cousin, Joe Overstreet is responsible for Haleigh’s disappearance. Tommy makes a similar assertion during a jail phone call with his grandmother, Flora Hollars.

Although Haleigh's disappearance and the drug bust are two different cases, authorities have stated they hope the arrests lead to finding the little girl.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m5d14-Haleigh-Cummings-Father-of-missing-girl-accepts-plea-deal-in-drug-case-will-testify-against-Misty

This still doesn't mean much to me. The State would have to accept the plea deal. And why would they? They have video of all of them (including Ronald) dealing and ingesting pills so I don't think they need him to testify against his ex wife and brother in law. Now, IF he can prove that Misty and/or Tommy know something about HaLeigh, than that would mean he knows as well - so this plea deal makes no sense.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat May 15, 2010 4:34 pm

That is right but if he is a police informant as many say then it makes perfect sense!

That blogger Levi Page was on JMV last evening. I was suprised to hear him say Ronald Cummings played a big part in Haleighs death. NG has coddled Ron along with his mother Theresa.

I see him strolling into court like he is something. Message..you are just another number in the county jail. One in a million.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Sat May 15, 2010 5:19 pm

But, would a police informant have to serve 15 years? Wouldn't they get off scot-free?
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 15, 2010 5:36 pm

cherylz LE wanted to nail Misty really bad for the drugs. Ron seems to have been playing a part by keeping his enemy close enough to trust him. The only drug video I have seen of Misty Ron was there. So I can believe Ron played a role in bringing Misty down. How would it look if Ron serves no time everyone would know and that puts him in danger.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Naw, I don't buy it. Put him in danger? LOL!!!! Who is going to mess with him? Misty's crack addicted parents? Ron is as guilty as buying/selling/taking pills as Misty, Donna, Tommy and Hope. His previous record shows that.

He was NOT a police informant. The only reason he got off on the other drug charges was because he told LE where he got his drugs. Period.

I agree w/Levi Page that Ron played a bigger part in HaLeigh's death.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 15, 2010 7:25 pm

I saw this on SM and it makes perfect sense to me.

Theory

1. Haleigh ingests one or more of Ron's pills and cannot be awaken.

2. Ron summons his Mom, Grandma and Aunt (nurse) to the trailer.

3. It is determined that Haleigh is deceased.

4. Realizing that Ron will be implicated and the custody of Junior is in the balance ... a kidnap scenario is corroborated.

5. Mom instructs Ron to go to work.

6. Mom, Grandma and Aunt (nurse) begin the cleanup process of clearing the trailer and property of evidence relating to illegal drugs/plants.

7. Timmy (van) and Tommy are summons to the trailer to assist in the cleanup process which includes the disposal of Haleigh's body.

8. Cousin Joe is at Timmy and Chelsea's sleeping as he claims he was.

9. Cousin Joe is being targeted. He does not have anybody to back up his alibi and the coverup gang realizes if he was not at the trailer he cannot implicate them. He was not at the trailer.

10. Why is Misty not talking?

- Her warped sense of loyalty/love for Ron
- Her guilt for dragging her brothers into it all

11. The upholding of Misty by Ron's Mom and Grandma in the talkshow circuit is all about convincing Misty not to reveal all.

Participants

- Ron
- Misty
- Ron's Mom
- Ron's Grandmas
- Ron's Aunt (nurse)
- Tommy
- Timmy (van)
- Chelsea (knowledge)
- Lindsey (knowledge)

THE END

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=7653.1120
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sun May 16, 2010 5:33 pm

I agree Wrap....I just don't believe Ron's mother and grandmother had anything to do with Haleigh's death...That scenario is just too far-fetched to me...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 9:59 am

Far-fetched. Yes, I agree. But this whole case and all the players are far-fetched. I don't know if this scenario is true or not but I DO believe that Teresa Neves and Annette Sykes would do anything for Ron and that includes withholding pertinent information about Haleigh's death.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 10:19 am

Published: May 17, 2010

Tommy Croslin's Latest Story Makes No Sense Whatsoever?
By John Kays

I almost want to believe Tommy Croslin's latest phone confession to Flo Hollars on April 11th, but there are still some things that do not square-up. The very next day he tells his tale to the authorities and they begin to drag the St. John's River over the next several days.

Perhaps Tommy passed his lie detector test was on April 8th, for had he not passed it, I doubt whether the police would have begun an expensive search, dragging the river bottom for evidence or the remains of little Haleigh Cummings.

The grandmother, Flo Hollars, has exhibited much courage by making appearances on talk shows, and telling everything she's heard from Tommy and Misty. Flo loves her grandkids, but wants them to pay for what they did to little Haleigh.

If this is a truthful story, it still doesn't make any sense to me. Your best source for Tommy's account is The Bald Truth or ArtHarris.com. Tommy and Joe Overstreet, the evil cousin, come by Ron Cummings trailer to steal a rifle, or in another version, "borrow" the rifle from Ron so that Joe can go deer hunting, before he has to return to Tennessee. Misty is in on the plot also because she fears that Ron will kill her with one of his guns. Ron has done crazy things with guns before, like play Russian Roulette.

Misty was just coming off a three day binge of drugs and sex orgies and was trying to make-up with Ron for her straying. Later that night (Feb. 9, 2009) Ron and Joe come by to 'purloin' that rifle, but it's gone! Ron had thought to take it away from the trailer. According to this version of Tommy's, Joe flips out, goes ballistic and kills precious little Haleigh.

Joe then forces Tommy, at gun point, to take the deceased child to the St. John's River, tie her with yellow rope to some concrete blocks, and tossed her overboard to hungry alligators, knowing that no trace of evidence will be left behind. Joe threatens to kill Misty and Tommy, and threatens their kin and children, if they ever open their fat traps and 'sing' about this berserk episode. According to Tommy's attorney, James Werner, the fear of cousin Joe is why they have been silent for these past 15 months.

Is Tommy Croslin's latest story finally the truth? Authorities thought it credible enough to resume a search of the St. James River for evidence and possibly even a body. Was Tommy legitimately afraid of his cousin Joe Overstreet? And did he pass his lie detector test taken on April 8th? I suspect he did.

Supposedly, Joe had molested Misty many years ago, so she had further reason to fear Joe. Is Joe a killer or he being framed by Tommy and Misty? His love for firearms is widely known and he runs with gang members also, I've heard? Flora Hollars, the grandmother of all three, believes that Joe did do it. When he returned to Nashville, after Haleigh went missing, he became sullen and withdrawn, he wasn't himself anymore, according to Flo Hollars.

But to kill Haleigh over a gun, that makes no sense? Unless he was cranked up on meth, then it doesn't have to make sense. Going psycho over a gun and killing the child, just 'cuz she was close by? Maybe Joe really hated Ron, then it would make more sense. But why would Tommy and Misty cover for Joe all this time? Only out of fear of Joe? This is not a believable motive, Tommy was obviously tougher and more streetwise than Joe, from looking at him in news footage.

I believe the real reason for the cover-up is that they were all involved in Haleigh's disappearance. Perhaps a different scenario plays out. Before he leaves for work that afternoon, Ron tells Misty to give Haleigh some oxycontin to make her sleep and to help Misty sleep, coming off a three day binger as she was. But the child overdoses on the pill. Ron finds out about his daughter's death from a call he takes from Tommy, so he sends Tommy and Joe over to his trailer to clean things up and to cover it up.

This would better explain why Ron Cummings made so many calls to Misty that night while he was at work. He had a motive to cover it up himself. He was selling drugs, and his own daughter died as a result of his bad judgment. This would also explain why he and Misty got married two months later. Misty and Ron were 'in bed together,' so to speak, in a conspiracy to cover-up the death of his daughter, Haleigh Cummings. I would like to believe Tommy's latest confabulation, but I can't find a good enough motive for cousin Joe as the killer.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20100517065258kays.nb/topstory.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 10:46 am

Misty Cummings update:

2010-05-11 26 NOTICE OF TAKING DEPOSITION
2010-05-11 27 SUBPOENA FOR DEPOSITION ISSUED TO: DET TIM CAMPBELL
2010-05-11 27 TO BE TAKEN 05/19/2010 AT 11:00 AM
2010-05-11 28 SUBPOENA FOR DEPOSITION ISSUED TO: DET JAMES HEATH
2010-05-11 28 TO BE TAKEN 05/19/2010 AT 11:20 AM
2010-05-11 29 SUBPOENA FOR DEPOSITION ISSUED TO: LT. DON TINGLEY
2010-05-11 29 TO BE TAKEN 05/19/2010 AT 11:40 AM

http://chathousenews.blogspot.com/2010/05/something-is-going-down-in-putnam.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 11:07 am

This and the above post will eventually be moved to docs, no discussion.

Here are the divorce docs Lindsay filed against Hank, Jr.(aka Tommy)

UCN: 542010DR000740FDXXXX
File Date: 2010-04-28 Disposition Date:
File Type: DISSOLUTION - DR02
Judge: A W NICHOLS III

Plaintiffs
CROSLIN LINDSY KATE Defendants
CROSLIN HANK

Date Docket Description
2010-04-28 001.CIVIL COVER SHEET

2010-04-28 002.PETITION FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE

2010-04-30 003.SUMMONS ISSUED TO: HANK CROSLIN

2010-04-30 004.FILING FEE RECEIPT

2010-05-10 005.RTN OF SVC ON HANK CROSLIN SVD 05/03/10 DUE 05/23/10

2010-05-10 DEFAULT AVAIL 05/28/10

2010-05-10 006.RESPONSE TO SUMMONS : HANK CROSLIN

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/civ_dkts/frame.php
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 13 Empty Cummings Seeks a Deal-Haleigh’s dad ready to testify against Misty-In return, his attorney seeks shorter prison term on drug charges

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 11:50 am

By Kristin Chambers-Palatka Daily News
Published: Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:42 PM EDT

The father of Haleigh Cummings is seeking a plea deal with a 15-year sentence on prescription drug-trafficking charges, and to get it is willing to testify against his ex-wife and her brother.

Attorney Terry Shoemaker said after a pretrial hearing Thursday in Palatka that his client Ronald Cummings hopes to have the deal before trial begins July 19.Cummings faces five counts of drug trafficking that stem from a month-long undercover narcotics investigation that ended in January, in which he and four others were arrested for trafficking in oxycodone and hydrocodone pills.

Shoemaker said he has been working on the plea deal for more than a month following the release of undercover videos that show the transactions.

“Everyone in the world has seen the videos,” he said. “It’s a great case for the state.”

If the deal is accepted, Cummings will face 15-year minimum and a 30-year maximum per charge, Shoemaker said. The two most serious, or “upper level” charges would be dropped with Cummings to be sentenced on the three remaining lesser charges.

The charges vary according to the weight of the drugs involved.

“Obviously he wishes he could do better, but you can only work with the hand dealt,” Shoemaker said.

He added that negotiations were not finished, but said Cummings would not be sentenced until after Misty Croslin and Hank Croslin Jr. are tried.

Cummings was arrested along with his cousin, Hope Sykes, 18; Misty Croslin, 18; Hank Croslin Jr., 23; and Donna Brock, 43, a friend of Misty.

Sykes pleaded no contest in her case and on April 27 was sentenced to 15 years in orison for one count of prescription-drug trafficking.

Misty Croslin was babysitting 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings on the night of Feb. 10, 2009, when the little girl vanished from her Satsuma home.

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy declared the case a homicide a year later after numerous searches and interviews.

No suspects have been named.

Croslin, who has been called the key to the investigation due to her inconsistent statements to investigators, married Cummings a month after the disappearance. The couple divorced seven months later.

Shoemaker said Thursday that the Haleigh investigation has had an effect on the drug trafficking case.

“Because of public scrutiny and media attention it has made it harder to have negotiations and come to a resolution that everyone is happy with,” Shoemaker said.

It may, however, bring investigators closer to finding justice for Haleigh.

“In the long run, it’s helped a lot,” Shoemaker said.

He said investigators needed to get Misty Croslin out of her “comfort zone” in order to extract any possible information from her, an effort that may have resulted in the divorce of Cummings.

“As long as she’s around [Ronald] she has a place to live and feel comfortable,” Shoemaker said. “I guess getting her into jail is a way to get her out of her comfort zone.”

Shoemaker said Cummings likely did not try to set up his ex-wife, since he also faces charges and prison time.

“It’s my understanding that this is not about Ronald, this is about drugs,” Shoemaker said.Hank Croslin Jr. also was in court Thursday for a preliminary hearing for one count of drug trafficking, one count of possession and one count of grand theft.

The drug charges were continued to June 3 while the grand theft charge was set for trial on June 21.

His attorney, James Werter, said he is “piggybacking” with the Misty Croslin case, since the two require the same witnesses. He also said he sought a plea deal.

“The state, so far, has not agreed to negotiate,” Werter said.He added that Hank Croslin Jr. is not a malevolent person, and has cooperated with law enforcement since April 11, which lead to a three-day search of the St. Johns River at the Shell Harbour boat ramp in Satsuma.

No human remains of Haleigh were found in the search, however investigators did find items of interest that were sent away for analysis.

As Croslin walked through the courtroom, he mouthed “I love you” to his wife, who said she had not seen him since his arrest Jan. 20.

Lindsy Croslin, who was sitting with Croslin’s mother and father, felt the outcome of his case would be positive in that he will get less than the minimum.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/05/14/news/news01.txt
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 13 Empty Prosecution difficult if Haleigh's body not found

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 12:05 pm

A tip from Tommy Croslin led to a new search, but remains weren't found.
By Cindy Swirko
Staff writer

Published: Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 6:01 a.m.
Last Modified: Saturday, May 15, 2010 at 11:06 p.m.

Attorney James Werter last week said the St. Johns River was the "final destination" of missing Putnam County girl Haleigh Cummings.

That tip from Werter's client touched off a three-day search last month of the river and surrounding land, but no human remains were found.

And if remains never are found, legal experts say, successfully prosecuting someone for Haleigh's death will be difficult unless a suspect confesses.

"It can be done and it has been done successfully, but it is difficult," said Bob Dekle, a University of Florida law professor. "It's a challenge to a prosecutor."

Werter is the attorney for Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr., the brother of Misty Croslin. She is the former girlfriend and wife of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings. All three are currently jailed on charges of trafficking narcotics. Misty Croslin was babysitting Haleigh when the child disappeared on Feb. 9, 2009.

Tommy Croslin has been cooperating with investigators by giving them the information that led to the river search last month, Werter said. Tommy Croslin also implicated a cousin, Joseph Overstreet of Tennessee, in Haleigh's death.

Overstreet was in Satsuma at the time of Haleigh's disappearance. He has been questioned by authorities and has publicly denied involvement in the case.

In the days after Haleigh's disappearance, scores of searchers plodded through scrub woodlands near Cummings' Satsuma home south of Palatka. Houses were inspected and neighborhoods combed. Divers and boaters searched the nearby St. Johns River. Haleigh was not found.

The search was eventually curtailed, but was sparked again for three days in April after a tip from Tommy Croslin, Werter said. He would not discuss specifics about the information Tommy Croslin provided regarding the river.

Scuba divers from several counties collected numerous items from the river at the site of a public boat ramp between Satsuma and Welaka. Analysis showed that none of those items were human remains.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy, meanwhile, declared that Haleigh is most likely dead, moving the investigation from a missing person case to a homicide case.

State Attorney R.J. Larizza, whose Seventh Circuit includes Putnam County, declined to comment for this story.

Dekle, a former Third Circuit prosecutor and public defender, said he worked several murder cases in which bodies were not found. In one case, Dekle said, a decision was made not to prosecute a suspect.

In another case that was perhaps even more notorious than Haleigh's - the murder of Lake City 12-year-old Kimberly Leach by serial killer Ted Bundy - Dekle said that he and colleagues were debating whether to prosecute the case regardless of whether Kimberly's body was ever found or not.

Kimberly was last seen on Feb. 9, 1978, and witnesses had given authorities information that developed Bundy as a suspect, but Leach's body had not yet been found.

"I had been trying to put the case together, doing the research. Then they found the body, which made everything a whole lot better," Dekle said. The body was found on April 7, 1978.

Bundy eventually confessed to more than 30 murders. Victims included two Florida State University students. Bundy was executed in 1989 for Kimberly's death.

Circumstantial evidence or witness testimony must be strong for a successful prosecution, said Charles T. Putnam, co-director of Justiceworks, a justice research and development group at the University of New Hampshire.

Defense attorneys could attack the credibility of a witness to create doubts about his truthfulness, Putnam said.

Putnam added that the case stands a better chance if facts can be independently corroborated.

"It really depends on the facts of the case," Putnam said. "To not have the evidence is often a very frustrating situation to be in. But sometimes, the way the investigation works, is that a lot of it necessarily and appropriately occurs outside the glare of the news media. It may be that they are closer than it may appear."

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100516/ARTICLES/5161005/1002?p=3&tc=pg
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 4:29 pm

This is from NG's blog. Of course, this is "Bombshell Breaking News!"

I do NOT believe this is a done deal!

May 17, 2010
Rpt: Ron Cummings accepts 15-yr plea deal in exchange for testimony!
Posted: 10:59 AM ET

Haleigh CummingsBreaking News! Haleigh’s dad Ron Cummings has reportedly accepted a plea deal for a 15-year prison sentence in exchange for testimony against Misty Croslin & Tommy Croslin, according to WESH-TV. Nancy Grace has the latest, breaking developments every night at 8 & 10 PM E.T. on HLN!

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/17/rpt-ron-cummings-accepts-plea-deal-in-exchange-for-testimony/?iref=allsearch

testimony of WHAT is my question.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon May 17, 2010 6:02 pm

I don't believe this either Wrap! Since the beginning of this 'bombshell, breaking news', this has not been verified by LE. I just googled this and all I came up with was NG (who I don't think is creditable) and WS who said they were pulling the thread on this topic until WESH-TV verified this and that's all I found. IMO NG will do anything to get the ratings and again imo, she's about the equivalent as the National Enquirer.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 17, 2010 7:09 pm

It was on JVM as well. We shall see but I think it is a done deal. I also think Ron will be testifying about what he knows happened to HaLeigh. Because they don't need his testimony to convict Misty on the drugs charges. All that matters is the person responsible for what happened to HaLeigh goes to prison for a long time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Mon May 17, 2010 7:11 pm

Lindamarie, I think JVM and NG have the same writers. They always seen to tell the same stories.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon May 17, 2010 11:02 pm

If Ron all the sudden starts talking about what happened to HaLeigh, he is screwed as he has said time and time again that "he was at work" and that Misty has been consistent in saying the same thing over and over again.

JVM and Wendy Murphy made a great point. Misty is sitll "in love" w/Ron, even has his name tattoo'd on his back. If Ron rats on her for the drugs (since she is allegedly the ringleader) and knows she will do the rest of her life in jail, she may just spill the beans about HaLeigh if she gets a plea deal out of it.

Here is the transcript from JVM tonight:

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Ron Cummings to Testify Against Ex-Wife in Drug Case; Face of a Monster; Recipe for Murder

Aired May 17, 2010 - 19:00:00 ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL, HOST (voice-over): Tonight, did Ron Cummings take a plea deal? Shocking new twists in the desperate search for Haleigh Cummings. New reports say Ronald Cummings is headed to jail for 15 years. It could have been decades longer. In exchange, he will now have to testify against Misty Croslin and Misty`s brother. Could this be the pressure needed to break open the case and finally find Haleigh?

And the pathetic monster. John Gardner face-to-face with his victims` outraged families.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I mean this quite literally, you can go straight to hell.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You will burn in hell for the acts you have committed.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I`m confident that you`ll never make it to heaven.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The murdering rapist was sentenced to life in prison. Tonight we`ll go inside the fiery courtroom, and I`ll talk live with murder victim Amber Dubois`s heartbroken grandmother.

Plus order up. A TV chef accused of hiring a couple homeless hit men to kill his wife. From the famous Food Network to the slammer mess hall. We`ll have all the tasteless details.

ISSUES starts now.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Tonight, fast-breaking developments in the Haleigh Cummings case. Ron Cummings turns on his ex-wife, Misty Croslin. Ron has reportedly accepted a plea deal. In exchange, he will testify against Misty, his teenage girlfriend who was babysitting his 5-year-old daughter Haleigh on the very night she disappeared.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

RON CUMMINGS, FATHER OF HALEIGH CUMMINGS: Hello.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: OK, sir, let me talk to your wife. Let me get some information from her.

CUMMINGS: (UNINTELLIGIBLE)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Can I talk to her? OK.

CUMMINGS: How the (EXPLETIVE DELETED) do you let my daughter get stolen, (EXPLETIVE DELETED)?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, here`s Ron in court last week. He will reportedly testify against both Misty and Misty`s brother Tommy Croslin in their drug trafficking cases.

In exchange, Ron will get a much lighter sentence. He will serve 15 years in prison for his involvement in that alleged prescription drug trafficking ring. He could have gotten half a century in the slammer. Will this new twist put even more pressure on Misty to crack and finally spill the truth and the whole truth about what really happened to little Haleigh that night?

Plus Tommy Croslin breaks down behind bars, revealing more details on what he claims did happen to Haleigh that night.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

TOMMY CROSLIN, MISTY CROSLIN`S BROTHER: I have to do something I should have done a while ago.

FLORA HOLLARS, TOMMY AND MISTY`S GRANDMOTHER: Do what, baby?

T. CROSLIN: Tell her I have to do something that I should have done a long time ago.

HOLLARS: He said he`s got to do something he should have done a long time ago, and I don`t want to hear the answer to it because I already know it.

T. CROSLIN: I`m just scared. I don`t want no one to hurt my kids.

HOLLARS: I know it, I know it. Oh my God.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And Tommy`s attorney is dropping still more bombshells. Was Cousin Joe in the bedroom with Haleigh`s dead body that night?

Tommy led detectives to this spot on the St. John`s River. They pulled cinderblocks and a cooler out of the murky water. Will they ever find Haleigh`s remains? Will Ron turning on Misty put the pressure, put the squeeze on her to tell what she knows about Haleigh`s death?

What`s your theory? Give me a call: 1-877-JVM-SAYS, 1-877-586- 7297.

Straight out to my fantastic expert panel: former prosecutor Wendy Murphy; psychiatrist Dr. Carol Lieberman; former attorney for Haleigh`s mom, Kim Picazio -- and there she is. Hi, Kim. And investigative journalist Art Harris. We have to begin with Wendy Murphy.

Wendy, you were a prosecutor. Give us their mind-set. What is the strategy in getting Ron to testify against Misty in the drug case? How could that pressure Misty to reveal the truth about the bigger case, Haleigh`s disappearance?

WENDY MURPHY, FORMER PROSECUTOR: Well, the answer is simple, Jane. I`m so glad this is happening, because the point is to divide these nuts. You know, there`s nothing more frustrating for a prosecutor than knowing that a few people know what happened, and they`re stuck together like glue. As you know, they got married, Misty and Ronald did, which made the glue even stickier right after the incident.

And that`s really hard, because prosecutors may have a sense about what happened, but they don`t know exactly. And the way to get to the answer to what exactly happened is to get one of them to turn on the others. Well, you can`t just march in and insist on it, because they`ll all take the fifth. What you have to do is pull them apart from each other, and there`s no better device than having a prosecution against them for some other reason. They`re all in jail now for drug trafficking. It`s perfect. They are physically not together. You can make deals with one, squeeze the other.

And frankly I don`t think they`re looking at Misty as the ultimate suspect in Haleigh`s death. I think they`re looking at one of the guys. And they`re going to find out from Misty, because she`s going to be under a ton of pressure now. Plus she`s not going to like these folks anymore. She`s going to say, "They turned on me. I don`t care any more. I`m going to tell what I know." And you can bet she`s got the goods on exactly what happened to that child. I`m so glad, because this development has happened.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Art Harris, investigative journalist, do you think this one will work? They`ve tried every other trick in the book, and this 17-, now 18-year-old girl, who looks like a 12-year-old, has managed to tenaciously keep her mouth shut, despite the pressure cooker of the entire world demanding from her the answer. Will this one work?

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST: Jane, this is the one man, the one person in the world police believe she cares about, she truly loves. She`s got his tattoo on her lower back. And this is someone, when they brought up Ron`s names to her in jail, she showed real emotion. In fact, law enforcement detectives told Ronald that. So they have been pushing for this moment for a long time, trying to isolate Misty, get her away from her comfort zone.

In fact, there`s some rumor that they may have pressured Ron into actually divorcing her. That`s not true, my sources tell me, but they have Misty right now where they have been trying to get her for over a year.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, you talked about her love for Ron, and that is absolutely the case, because from what we`ve heard from Misty`s grandmother Flo, Misty is desperately in love with Ron. She is even writing him secret love letters from behind bars, begging him to take her back. Check this out.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

HOLLARS: She has mailed letters to her mother mainly to be sent -- put in another envelope and be sent to Ron under her mother`s name, and I told her mother, I says that "You better not do it, because you`re sticking your foot in too deep." And she didn`t do it.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, Misty, also, as you just heard from Art Harris, tattooed the name "Ronald Cummings" on her lower back.

Carol Lieberman, the love of her life is turning on her. His testimony could help keep her in prison for most of her adult life. Imagine the devastation factor here. You`re wearing the tattoo of somebody who sent you to the slammer for your life, and you`re aware of that for the rest of your life. Because they don`t have tattoo removal behind bars.

CAROL LIEBERMAN, PSYCHIATRIST: Well, it -- this is such a confusing story, because all of these people are unsavory characters, and there`s drugs involved. We don`t know what they were on at the time that the baby escaped, the child escaped or whatever happened to her, was killed. So even their memories or the realization of what actually happened could be clouded.

But I think that she has this romantic notion that she still wants to cling to the idea that he would, even after 15 years, that he will come out and marry her or get together with her, still love her. And so if she`s...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: What do you think they are, Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton? They`re going to keep getting married over and over again? These -- these are not in the same category, my dear.

LIEBERMAN: Well, no. She...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Although -- although they do have acting in common. I will say that.

MURPHY: Bad acting.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: She still hopes that he`s going to be -- she`s going to be the love of his life. Now it depends what actually happened to the little girl. If, in fact, you know, one of the theories is that the little girl took some of these drugs that they had and died, and then Misty got someone to take care of the body, if she -- obviously this happened on her watch, and she doesn`t want him, Ron, to blame her for it. And for that to be the stumbling block for their getting together again.

So it`s all going to be -- it`s all going to depend on what actually happened to the little girl, as to whether now she`ll finally think, "All right. It`s over. There`s no chance of my getting him back, so I might as well just tell the story."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Since Misty has been behind bars on drug charges, she has had a very, very cocky attitude. In fact, she doesn`t seem to care, or is in total denial about the fact that she could spend the rest of her life, practically, behind bars. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MISTY CROSLIN, RONALD CUMMINGS`S EX-WIFE: If they give me 20 years in prison, it will be OK, because he`ll come see me. I`ll get out, and everything will be fine. I`m not scared. I`m not scared.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: You`ll be old and gray like me.

M. CROSLIN: I don`t care, you know. They`re not going to put me away for something I didn`t do, and I didn`t have anything to do with Haleigh, and if I knew who did, I would tell. I told them everything that I could tell them. They need to leave me alone about this. This - - why I`m in this jail has nothing to do with Haleigh.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: That`s right.

M. CROSLIN: (EXPLETIVE DELETED) leave me alone.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Given that attitude, Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, I still don`t understand how Ron Cummings testifying against her in the drug case is going to get her to spill the beans about the other case in which nobody`s been charged, because they don`t have a body.

MURPHY: Well, you don`t need a body. I mean, if she does know, and she says what she knows, that`s good enough. If she was there and she testifies and the jury believes her, that`s good enough. You don`t have to have a body.

But, you know, here`s the thing. They`ve got to pressure somebody to tell what they know, and she, I think, is the most vulnerable, both because she`s the youngest. She`s the -- seemingly the least sophisticated. I think she can crack, because she`s going to say, "I have nothing left to lose. Maybe I was afraid. Maybe I was in love. That`s all gone now. I`m in prison, arguably for the rest of my life. Why not tell the truth?"

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, let`s hope you`re right. From your mouth to God`s ear.

We`re also taking your calls at home on this. Phone lines are lighting up. Right after the break. 1-877-JVM-SAYS.

Plus a recipe for disaster. A former celebrity chef gets burned for cooking up an alleged murder-for-hire Plot. The tasteless details on that story just ahead.

Plus, more on Ron Cummings and his plea deal.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: You should know better than to get mixed up in none of Misty`s deals like that anyway. You knew that.

CUMMINGS: I know. (EXPLETIVE DELETED)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Misty has always -- it seems lately Misty has been getting you in trouble, trouble, and trouble.

CUMMINGS: I know.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: She don`t mean to. She just -- I don`t know what the hell to think about her any more.

CUMMINGS: I don`t know what the hell to think about her anymore. She`s got me worried.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Ron Cummings reportedly strikes a plea deal, in which he will testify against his ex-wife, Misty Croslin, and Misty`s brother, Tommy," in their drug cases. In exchange, the father of missing 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings would have a sentence for drug trafficking reduced to 15 years instead of decades behind bars.

Kim Picazio, you represented the mother of the missing child. Do you think this plan will work and him turning against Misty will force her to finally crack?

KIM PICAZIO, ATTORNEY: Yes, I do. And I think that, I mean, let`s face it. They don`t need Ronald to testify against any of them to get a conviction here. They`ve got videotaped, they`ve got taped phone calls with the undercover police officers, plus their testimony, the undercover officers themselves.

So this is clearly a psychological ploy to finally, once and for all, get Misty to crack by getting her mad at the one person she`s never been mad at, and that is Ronald Cummings.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Vicki, Michigan, your question or thought, ma`am. Hey, Vicki, are you there? All right. I guess she ran to the refrigerator. We`ll get another call for you.

Tommy`s attorney, James Werter, is dropping some huge bombshells about what happened the night Haleigh was murdered. He says Tommy Croslin now admits he was inside the trailer home and saw it all go down. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

NANCY GRACE, HLN HOST: Tommy Croslin, your client, told you that Overstreet got very irate. Things happened from there. I`m quoting, "Overstreet where into the bedroom where Haleigh got out of control from there, and Haleigh was no longer alive. Overstreet was in a rage.

JAMES WERTER, ATTORNEY FOR TOMMY CROSLIN: Yes, that`s correct. He went in there looking for this gun that they were going to go borrow. It was an automatic weapon. And out there they do poach at night or shoot deer at night with the headlights and things of that nature. The gun was not there. Misty told them the gun was not there. That`s what set them off.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Now we`ve reached out to Joe Overstreet`s attorney, we have not heard back, but Art, Joe, the cousin`s name, keeps coming up. They have not named him as a suspect.

Joe, you`re looking at him right there, insists he`s innocent and is being framed. Is it possible that Tommy`s story about, "Hey, he Joe took Haleigh, killed her and took her down to the river and threw her in the river is totally made up?

HARRIS: Jane, anything is possible here. Tommy has flunked a polygraph. Misty has flunked four. I reported on ArtHarris.com that, once Tommy flunked, his lawyers had a 24-hour lapse of -- you know, of wondering whether he was going to represent him or not, and then decided he would.

Now, Tommy comes up with the location of the body, presumably, takes law enforcement down to the river. Joe has denied at every turn that he`s innocent, but now you`ve got two people who have got to find another person who did it. And that`s Misty and Tommy. Very interesting that two warring siblings are now pairing up to finger the one person who they have got to pin it on.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Interesting. Melanie, Ohio, your question or thoughts?

CALLER: Yes, Jane, I do not believe that this is -- Misty is going to change anything. And if Ron was looking at 15 years, it`s probably better than, because he claimed that if he found the killer, he would kill him. So maybe those 15 years is actually saving him a life sentence.

My question is, this is going on with Joe Overstreet. Where is he at? And what`s going on with him in this case?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That`s an excellent question. Art Harris, as I said, Joe has been interviewed by cops. He says he`s totally innocent and being framed. They haven`t arrested him. So if -- if Tommy`s telling the truth, why haven`t they taken action against Joe?

HARRIS: They have nothing hard other than two witnesses, Jane, who have repeatedly been proven to be liars. And so they don`t have much of a case. If they don`t have anything, or no forensic evidence to back them up, they cannot take this case to a grand jury, to a prosecutor and say, "Hey, we would like you to arrest Joe," because it won`t stick. It won`t be winnable before a jury.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, here`s my big issue tonight. Is Misty in a pressure cooker? And what`s the next ingredient we`re going to put into that pressure cooker?

Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, the way I see it is now they`ve got to separate the siblings. Now Misty and her brother Tommy, who are the ones who were sort of like the final two that have not cracked, need to be separated. How do you do that?

MURPHY: Well, you know, I don`t know if you have to separate them so much. What you really need is for Misty to talk. And psychological pressure I think is good.

But in addition, remember, she faces a ton of time behind bars for drug trafficking. If the cops say to her, you tell us the truth and you walk out free, that`s a big something for her to consider. She`s a young kid. She`s got to be thinking, "I can rot in jail for 20, 30, 40 years, or I can walk scot-free and do justice for a little girl." I don`t think she had anything to do with that kid`s death.

And Joe Overstreet, that story doesn`t make sense. That`s why he hasn`t been arrested. He walked in looking for a rifle to shoot goose or whatever he was shooting in the middle of the night. That makes no sense. And because he couldn`t find the rifle, the girl died? That`s irrational; makes no sense.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, counselor, hang on. We`ll have more after the break. Plus, John Gardner comes face-to-face with his victims` families.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

CUMMINGS: Kill him. The same thing I said on the 911 call. I`m telling you, I ain`t changed my mind. Not a bit. I don`t care if they get me with injustifiable homicide. It doesn`t matter to me. It would be worth life without parole or the death penalty, whatever.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: He`s out to kill the person who hurt his daughter. It kind of seems like when Ron lost his daughter, his own life became less valuable to him.

Phone lines against lighting up. Sandra in California, your questions or thoughts?

CALLER: Yes, I had a problem with this whole case from the very beginning. I personally believe that someone went into the trailer. The little boy said there were like four people in black. I believe they were in there trying to find a gun, could not find the gun, and took little Haleigh in its place.

And I personally -- I`m a grandmother myself. I personally believe that they sold her to prostitution. It makes me very upset, but that`s what I feel.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Kim Picazio, do you want to weigh in on that since you`ve studied this case as the former attorney for the mother of the missing child?

PICAZIO: Yes. I think that, you know, there`s a lot of things that went on in the very early beginnings of this case, and I think law enforcement has now had a chance to ferret those things out.

With regard to the child`s allegations of a man in black, that was only one man. And I don`t believe that law enforcement at this time or even from day 1 is looking at a stranger abduction or Haleigh being sold into slavery.

And what you really have to be concerned with here is to look at everyone as sentences. Everyone is vying for that carrot that law enforcement is holding out of concurrent sentences. And if they get their sentences lined back to back, that`s 100 years. So what they`re trying to do is put that pressure on Misty to finally get that coveted prosecution, and what they will give her in return is maybe 15 to 30 years, as to 100 years in prison.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: But Dr. Carol Lieberman, she acts like she doesn`t care. These -- all these people don`t seem to have a lot of regard for their own lives. They`re all acting like they don`t care if the go to prison for the rest of their lives.

LIEBERMAN: They`re living in a fairytale, and in fact, Misty is living in a kind of a Romeo and Juliet sort of scenario, where she`ll go to the end of the earth, she`ll sacrifice herself as long as she can be together with her lover.

But I think if he finally -- if when he comes forward and testifies against her, if it`s not the sense of where he`s trying to protect his own skin, but where she really feels that he doesn`t love her anymore and can`t be coaxed into loving her again, then she`s going to be a woman scorned, and then she`s going to open up and tell whatever happened.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And you know what they say, Wendy. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

MURPHY: I hate that myth. Damn Freud. No. You know, I don`t think women are inherently capable of evil things, to put it the way Freud did, but I will say this. That caller actually made a point that could be true. We just don`t know.

Ron Cummings had a big drug debt, according to some accounts. If you`ve got a big drug debt and people are coming after you, and you`ve got a kid, and they say, "Give us your kid," you know, people do horrible things to children in the name of resolving their personal crises, including drug debts.

If they wanted that child, whether it was for prostitution, porn or something else, and he wanted to get rid of that drug debt, or they were going to kill him if he didn`t give up his kid, that`s a possible story here. We don`t know. We`re speculating.

But Misty is really the key. And that`s the point. You`ve got to get to the truth. One of these rats is going to have to be the source of the truth.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All I can say is I wish her tenacity was used in something good, like not breaking down when defending the country`s honor, but it`s not.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/17/ijvm.01.html
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Ronald Cummings Considers Plea Deal For Drug Charges
Cummings Would Need To Testify Against Ex-Wife As Part Of Deal

POSTED: 6:05 am EDT May 14, 2010
UPDATED: 2:21 pm EDT May 17, 2010

PALATKA, Fla. --
It looks as though Ronald Cummings will need to testify against his ex-wife Misty Croslin.

Cummings is considering a plea deal in exchange for his testimony.

He would serve 15 years on drug charges and would also need to testify against Misty Croslin's brother, Hank "Tommy" Croslin, regarding drug charges.

Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin were two of five people arrested and accused of selling Oxycodone and Hydrocodone to undercover police officers in January.

Cummings, who was once married to Croslin, faces three counts of trafficking in prescription medications and is jailed on a $500,000 bond. Misty Croslin, 18, was charged with six counts of trafficking in prescription medications and is jailed on a $950,000 bond.

Hank Croslin Jr., Cummings' cousin, Hope Sykes, and Misty Croslin's friend, Donna Broch, were also arrested. They each face one count of trafficking in prescription medications.

Misty Croslin was the last known person to see Cummings' daughter, Haleigh, before she disappeared more than a year ago.

She maintains she had nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance.

http://www.wesh.com/news/23550990/detail.html
I don't get this article at all. Hope Sykes has already been sentenced to 15 years. And, why would Ron rat out Misty when he was riding in the car with her and there is plenty of video to back it up? WESH had first said a plea deal had been made for Ron, and now they've changed their story. And, last night..NG ran with it. 🐶
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Everyone is saying it is to put pressure on Misty as she has nothing left to lose. As long as that girl is in prison for 85 or 90 yrs HaLeigh has some justice. Just my thoughts.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue May 18, 2010 3:30 pm

But there is no proof she did it and if Ron says he knows what happened after all this time, he is slitting his own throat, so I don't get this "plea deal"at all.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Tue May 18, 2010 3:52 pm

I think if any or all of them are in prison it is a good thing. Drugs and a missing little girl. Why should any of them enjoy the "good" life.

And in my mind we have to support the whole lot one way or another. Either out with welfare or in with prison funds paid by the taxpayers..that means us.

I pick box number 2. Lock them up.

I was thinking I wish they were entering that prison sentence in..hummm Sheriff Joe or somebody runs it. Bologna sandwichs and work for your bed and meal.

I wish we could get him some national attention. He is my man.

By the way have I told you lately how Smirky Ron offends me. I have never liked him since day one. He would be the first rat to abandon ship and get the best deal. He left Haleigh with a druggie. Shame on him.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Sykes sentence FIFTEEN years/ Rest of the Cummings/ Croslin gang still in jail/ Ron's trial date set for July 19/   Attorney James Werter: Tommy Croslin claims Haleigh Cummings died in her own home - Page 13 Empty I think

Post by jeanne1807 Tue May 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Wrapitup wrote:But there is no proof she did it and if Ron says he knows what happened after all this time, he is slitting his own throat, so I don't get this "plea deal"at all.

I was confused too but I really think the plea deal is on the drug charges. I don't think it has anything to do with Haleigh missing, dead.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed May 19, 2010 10:56 am

Published:May 19th, 2010 10:07 EST

Can Ronald Cummings Make Misty Croslin Crack when he Testifies Against Her?

By John G. Kays

Ronald Cummings will testify at trial against his former wife, Misty Croslin, and her brother, Tommy Croslin, in exchange for a 15-year reduced sentence. Ronald has 5 drug trafficking charges himself, and as part of the deal, his attorney, Terry Shoemaker, is getting two of the most serious charges dropped. But is there a hidden, ulterior motive to this plea bargain, that pits Ron against Misty and Tommy?

Video surveillance evidence of eight prescription drug deals by these misbegotten Satsuma youth has been obtained already. Five of the tapes have Ron in them. I don`t think the prosecutor really needs Ron`s testimony, they already have enough to put Misty and Tommy away for a very, very long time. Therefore, the occasion of this plea bargain must be a horse of a different color.

That is, maybe this is a ploy by the prosecutor to apply pressure to Misty Croslin, by her former paramour, but someone who has a motive to get her to talk. Ron`s daughter, Haleigh Cummings is permanently gone, and Misty was babysitting her at the time she went missing. Has Ron been playing a game of cat and mouse all along? Some 007 sleuthing perhaps? Why did Ron marry Misty two months after little Haleigh vanished, only to divorce her six months later?

According to Flora Hollars, Misty`s grandma, Misty is still very much in love with Ronald. She has Ronald Cummings` name tattooed down on her lower back. Flo says that Misty was happy once Haleigh was gone, because then she had Ron all to herself. Yet she never seemed to crack when married to Ron. I still wonder whether Ron may know more than he`s ever let on to. Is he sincere, or is he acting, when you see him crying in those early news interviews?

Even still, fifteen years is a long time in jail for a man only 26 years of age. And it`s mind boggling how stupid these people must be, out selling drugs when they had been swamped by the media in the days following Haleigh`s disappearance. Duh! Right after they married, Misty and Ron were even on the Today Show. Equally mind boggling, is the notion that Ron was undercover in the marriage and drug sting, so as to squeeze the truth out of Misty as to his precious daughter`s whereabouts. No cigar.

I sense that Misty is hardening herself, distancing herself from Ron permanently, making an icy break, because he`s turned on her forever now, and it`s cold as ice in a lonely jail cell, and she`s only eighteen. Misty very well could spend the rest of her days in jail. That`s the cold facts, Mam. I don`t believe we`ll ever really know exactly what happened. The circumstances were so chance, so unlikely, that no one person can see the big picture. Each player in this drama sees only fragments of the truth, and especially we the people.

With no closure for miles in sight, I became a parcel nostalgic last night. I will link for you the last article by News4Jax in Jacksonville, Florida. News4Jax has archived all of its articles on Misty, Ron, Tommy, Flo, Joe and the related cast of characters from Satsuma. The articles are below the linked piece and go all the way back to February 10, 2009. Don`t miss the tour of Ron`s trailer where this all went down.

My favorite is Missing Girl`s Father to Marry Thursday, from March 11, 2009. The previous night Ron got on his knees at Chili`s and proposed to Misty, saying, Will you marry me? " As odd as this seems, this weird couple may have actually been in love. That is so cold that Ron is turning on that little girl now. And it so cold that he may have just planted himself in this situation in order to set up the Croslins. But the loss of his precious little daughter is the coldest of all-likely devoured by angry alligators in the St. John`s River!

An event that caught my eye last night was Ron`s arrest in August of 2009 for burglary and assault. Ron got into a row with Tommy and Tommy called the cops. Ron and Tommy didn`t like each other very much. This is just theory, but suppose that Ron owed "these people` money over drugs. Then maybe this would explain why Tommy and Joe cruised by the trailer "that night` to take the gun for payment of drugs. Cousin Joe is fueled by speed, and kills Haleigh in a fit of rage when the gun is missing! Now Ron gets his revenge on the Croslins in court!

News4Jax archive of Haleigh/Ron/Misty/Tommy articles-start reading!

http://www.news4jax.com/news/23541441/detail.html

I agree with this scenario. I think it is all so Misty w/crack about what happened to HaLeigh. Ron would only go for this IF he knows zip.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed May 19, 2010 1:18 pm

This makes more sense to me than anything I've read/heard previously. It just doesn't make sense that the prosecution would cut a deal in exchange for testimony that they do not need.
NG even stated that the prosecution waits until the last minute to offer a deal and that's when they need it.
I do not buy that Ron married Misty to get her to talk more nor do I think that he went 'undercover' to get her busted for drugs because he stands to do time.
Upthread there was mention that maybe Ron told Misty to give Haleigh a pill so she would sleep and it backfired, Misty od'ed, that Ron went to work, told Misty to 'deal with Haleigh' and that's why the approx. 90 phone calls from Ron to home - now that DOES make sense to me! I don't recall those 90 calls being a big issue and I've never understood that. I never have though Ron had knowledge/was involved in this but this is believable to me.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 19, 2010 3:19 pm

They don't need Ron's testimony in the drug case so it does not make any sense. Unless LE has a soft spot for Ron. We shall see how this all unfolds. And if anyone does figure out this mess please clue me in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 2:52 am

I'm still wondering what Ron is going to say against Misty to help himself.... Of course we all know Misty knows what happened that night... So just maybe when Ron rattles his mouth, Misty might step up to the plate to rebutt and we'll finally hear something that makes more sense that the BS that 's been coming out of any of their mouths....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 20, 2010 4:24 am

agreed....and then, there is Tommy.

Also, I would like to know where Donna Brock stands in all this.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu May 20, 2010 8:43 am

Maybe LE thinks that Ron knows more about what happened to Haleigh than he admits...And if he testifies against Tommy and Misty in the drug case, one of them will get so mad that he/she will tell all they know...BUT this only works if Ron actually did have something to do with Haleigh...Otherwise, I don't see how it will help find out anything....Or maybe, this is Ron's way of getting justice for Haleigh because of WHATEVER happened to Haleigh while she was in Misty's "care".
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 8:59 am

lisette wrote:Maybe LE thinks that Ron knows more about what happened to Haleigh than he admits...And if he testifies against Tommy and Misty in the drug case, one of them will get so mad that he/she will tell all they know...BUT this only works if Ron actually did have something to do with Haleigh...Otherwise, I don't see how it will help find out anything....Or maybe, this is Ron's way of getting justice for Haleigh because of WHATEVER happened to Haleigh while she was in Misty's "care".
This is exactly my thoughts on why this is happening.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 20, 2010 4:51 pm

IDK about that. Why would he have married her? Didn't he say time and time again he would kill whoever "stole his child"?

This case gets stranger and stranger. Just when you think you've heard or seen it all, something else happens.

One thing I have always wondered: Was it just a coincidence that HaLeigh went "missing" the day of Caylee Anthony's memorial service? It makes me wonder because the public saw the Anthony's getting a lot of money and other things donated to them.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Yes we have heard it over and over that Ron threatened to kill anyone who harmed his child. I think it was a tragic coincidence she went missing at that time. One thing I really do believe is Haleigh murder was not premeditated or thought out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by concerned4all Thu May 20, 2010 5:36 pm

You know Wrap, I doubt that bunch have ever heard of Caylee Anthony. They don't seem the type to watch the news or read the newspaper. But I for one, don't think Ron ever loved Misty. Even when they got married, you didn't see him kissing or hugging her very much.

I am beginning to think the marriage was a ruse, instigated by LE to get info from Misty about the nite Haley disappeared. When the info didn't come, he got the divorce.

I don't think Ron had anything to do with Haley's disappearance/death. I don't know if Misty had a hand in it or not, but I do think she knows more than she is telling, and I don't think Ron knew anything about it until he got home. Misty said she was trying to call Ron at work, when he drove in the driveway. When she told him Haley was gone, he told her to call 911. I'm sure he went through the house looking for her, maybe calling out her name.

I just don't think his actions would have been any different than mine would have been if I had just been told my daughter was gone.

I do remember when I met with the detectives investigating the murder of my daughter, I didn't threaten, but promised that if I could meet with her estranged husband alone, I would personally kill him.
concerned4all
concerned4all

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu May 20, 2010 5:56 pm

I do remember when I met with the detectives investigating the murder of my daughter, I didn't threaten, but promised that if I could meet with her estranged husband alone, I would personally kill him.
Concerned, I am so sorry for what you've been through. ❤
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 12:43 pm

First off... my heart goes out to you... Concerned4all...in the loss of your daughter... I didn't know and I envy your strength and compassion to others here.

As far as our 'father of the year award winning" Ron ....lol... I somehow feel he married Misty for a whole other reason, which was a convenience in having a live-in person for his kids as well as another prospective drug locator for his needs. I don't believe he had anything to do with Haylee's murder other than being irresponsible in leaving her with an unfit, very young, unreliable sitter which is why he was so eager to divorce her when sh*t hit the fan.

I also agree with you all ... that Haylee's murder was not planned. I still think Misty had some stronger role play involved... whether it was that Haylee' got a hold of some pills or that maybe she even had an attack medically and didn't have her medicine which caused her to die while Misty was passed out from her own medicine she so needs to take !!!! They did say that Haylee had some type of an illness didn't they? SO given that, Misty panicks, calling her brother Tommy who then calls Joe to help figure a way so Misty is unblamed for her neglect. Ron's voice on the 911 call seemed rather real for someone upset and wanting to know where their daughter disappeared to so by then, Misty knew she could never reveal what SHE obviously knows happened in that time.

It just strikes me funny that Joe would out of the blue... go there and straight up abuse or kill Haylee simply because he couldn't get a gun to go hunting with... Shallow motive, if you ask me. People kill for very strange reasons I realize but I can't come to grips that Joe did all this knowing Tommy and Misty were there and he didn't panick himself to kill them too but rather says..."if you tell, I'll get you for it" ... Just not buying it. There's more to it...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 12:51 pm

I still can't figure out what Ron's testimony is going to be. If he talks about how Tommy or Misty initiated drug use or drug selling, it's still going to implicate himself because he was in the car gabbing away at how he could get pills too. If he does know anything else about that night, what's his reason for holding back going to be especially when he said he would kill whoever hurt Haylee. Did he overhear something after he was arrested... Or is he just going to make up some more BS ... Maybe GMa called him and gave him another light to look into... Sigh... it's getting annoying, pathetic and rather ridiculous that no one can tell the damm truth anymore... la la la
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Oh and btw, if someone is going to say that Ron feared Joe and Joe threatened his silence or anything of that sort.. I'm not buying it...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri May 21, 2010 1:29 pm

I think that this ploy is to totally put the squeeze on Misty to finally tell the truth about the night Haleigh vanished. "Keeping his enemy close" by marrying her didn't work. So now if he rats her out Re: drug deals, she will feel betrayed and knowing that she faces life in prison anyways...she will come clean...as she will feel "used" and betrayed by Ron. Squeeze play...the pressure is on. crazy 1
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri May 21, 2010 2:13 pm

tbirdie said:

As far as our 'father of the year award winning" Ron ....lol... I somehow feel he married Misty for a whole other reason, which was a convenience in having a live-in person for his kids as well as another prospective drug locator for his needs. I don't believe he had anything to do with Haylee's murder other than being irresponsible in leaving her with an unfit, very young, unreliable sitter which is why he was so eager to divorce her when sh*t hit the fan.
Ron didn't need to marry Misty so that she would be his convenient live in person to take care of his kids or get his pills. She was doing that anyway. I think he married her because he thought the State could not come after him due to "marital privilege", which doesn't exist in Florida.

As far as this being pre-meditated, NO..I do NOT think it was. I truly think it was an accident; either Ron back handed her when he and Misty were arguing over her 3-day bender and little HaLeigh got in the way or she overdosed on pills. But, I do Not believe that Joe Overstreet is involved as he would have been arrested already. However, he may know more than what he is saying. And, LOL, I don't think that Ron is afraid of anyone.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Fri May 21, 2010 2:14 pm

cherylz wrote:I think that this ploy is to totally put the squeeze on Misty to finally tell the truth about the night Haleigh vanished. "Keeping his enemy close" by marrying her didn't work. So now if he rats her out Re: drug deals, she will feel betrayed and knowing that she faces life in prison anyways...she will come clean...as she will feel "used" and betrayed by Ron. Squeeze play...the pressure is on. crazy 1
Yes, I agree. ONLY if Ron is not involved in any way, shape or form.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 22, 2010 2:24 am

I would think that the pressure has already built up on Misty feeling betrayed by Ron...especially since they've been locked up and I would imagine Ron has kept his distance in talking with any of them since then. I bet that Misty really thought she was going to get out of her troubles with a lenient jail term from what I saw in those pleasant video phone calls...but when the cousin got 15 years, that had to get Misty on edge even more. Isn't that the time when she and Tommy were quick to bring attention to the river? I'm sure Ron has a few things he can enlighten the courts with about Misty but I do not believe he was home or that it was his fault that HaLeigh came in contact with one of his or Misty's pills if that were the scenario. I would surmise he entered the scene when HaLeigh was already missing. I do, however, feel that Joe definitely has a role in all this... They haven't arrested him because they have no evidence or proof of his involvement YET!!!!

At least they are being smart about not making any technical errors there... Either way, it's going to be word against word unless of course those cement blocks/rope turn up some valid finger prints or clues. I can't believe it's taking so long to analyze what they found...With today's technology, you would think it would be a more swifter response. I really detest the lag in this case regardless.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 22, 2010 9:54 am

They are not allowed to write letters or have any contact in jail, even if they are in different jails.

And, you brought up a great point about the forensics. I think the results are back and they found no evidence due to the rope and cinder blocks being in the river for over a year.

I agree, tbirdie1, the lag time - especially in this case - has gone beyond ridiculous.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Sat May 22, 2010 12:37 pm

It is all a made up story to get them out of jail faster. Misty and Tommy just want out. I now think Misty had nothing to do with HaLeigh going missing at all.
I am thinking LE really messed up focusing on her.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat May 22, 2010 7:50 pm

I don't think Misty murdered her but I most definitely think Misty knows a lot more than she has said. How could she flunk 4 polygraph's????
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 23, 2010 8:29 am

Wrapitup wrote:I don't think Misty murdered her but I most definitely think Misty knows a lot more than she has said. How could she flunk 4 polygraph's????

She flunked because she knows what happened to HaLeigh. It is her fault even if she did not do it. The story with Overstreet is not believable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun May 23, 2010 10:17 am

Well, I will be listening to Blog Talk Radio today just to see what they have to say. Hell, I may even call in. I want to know about the forensics. Are they back? It's been a good 3 weeks now. They would know something. I also want specifics on this infamous "plea deal" with Ron.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next