Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haleigh Cummings Case: Police Swarm Antioch Home of Joe Overstreet

5 posters

Go down

Haleigh Cummings Case: Police Swarm Antioch Home of Joe Overstreet Empty Haleigh Cummings Case: Police Swarm Antioch Home of Joe Overstreet

Post by Wrapitup Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:08 am

Police Swarm Antioch Home of Joe Overstreet
Acting On Tip, Investigators Discover Possible Stolen Goods, Narcotics
Reported by Josh DeVine

POSTED: 9:53 pm CDT August 8, 2010
UPDATED: 11:51 pm CDT August 8, 2010

NASHVILLE, Tenn. --

Metro Police swarmed an Antioch home Sunday evening, the same one that was once the center of the search for clues into a nationally-known missing child case.

Acting on a tip, officers search a home in the 1500 block of Antioch Pike. A sergeant at the home said officers found what they believe to be stolen goods and narcotics. Officers detained and questioned two men at the home.

This isn't the first time this year the home attracted both police and public attention.

In April, Florida investigators questioned Joe Overstreet, a man who lives there, in their search for clues in the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings. Overstreet's cousin once cared for Haleigh and he, according to investigators, was there when the little girl vanished.

In an interview with Channel 4 News in April, Overstreet denied he played a part in the girl's disappearance.

Police did not immediately identify Overstreet as one of the two men detained and questioned in connection with Sunday's investigation. No charges had been filed as of Sunday night.

As for the Cummings investigation, authorities in Florida have persons of interest, but have not publicly identified them.

http://www.wsmv.com/news/24559399/detail.html
Please see video above!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Haleigh Cummings Case: Police Swarm Antioch Home of Joe Overstreet Empty Re: Haleigh Cummings Case: Police Swarm Antioch Home of Joe Overstreet

Post by babyep Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:53 am

Thanks wrap! I knew this would be on here when I saw breaking news about this. UGH! Whoever hurt Haleigh needs to grow a pair and confess. How can a bunch of hillbillys outsmart cops?
babyep
babyep

Back to top Go down

Haleigh Cummings Case: Police Swarm Antioch Home of Joe Overstreet Empty Re: Haleigh Cummings Case: Police Swarm Antioch Home of Joe Overstreet

Post by artgal16 Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:04 pm

Its reported that they have arrested Joe Overstreet.
Many think he knows what happened to Haleigh. Maybe
he will be the weak link that will talk for a plea deal.
After seeing the sentence that Misty's brother got,
15 years, that should have made him think, but Im not sure because if these idiots could think they wouldnt have any drugs or contraband on them until the heat was off, but it seems that its business as usual for these morons.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:30 pm

I don't think Joe Overstreet is involved at all in HaLeigh's disapperance. Just the fall guy.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by artgal16 Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Im not so sure Overstreet doesnt know something though I agree that he wasnt involved in the actually killing of Haleigh he might know what happened.
Its obvious that the police are making no headway with Misty or Ron and Mistys brother got a 15 year sentence without talking. That means he was afraid
of something much worse if he told what he knew IMO - because I just cant believe Hank doesnt know what happened to Haleigh.
artgal16
artgal16

Back to top Go down

Haleigh Cummings Case: Police Swarm Antioch Home of Joe Overstreet Empty Misty Cummings' Cousin Arrested In Tenn. On Drug Charges/ Joe Overstreet Questioned In April In Haleigh Cummings' Disappearance

Post by Wrapitup Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:14 pm

POSTED: Monday, August 9, 2010
UPDATED: 2:57 pm EDT August 9, 2010

ANTIOCH, Tenn. -- Joe Overstreet, the cousin of Misty Cummings who has been connected to the search for missing Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings, was arrested Sunday in a SWAT raid in Antioch, Tenn., on drug charges.

Another man, Justin Hogue, was also arrested at the home on theft and drug charges. Overstreet was charged with manufacturing marijuana and unlawful use of drug paraphernalia.

Putnam County investigators questioned Overstreet in April about the 5-year-old's disappearance in February 2009. Overstreet told reporters he did not know what happened to Haleigh.

"I can't say nothing about it," he said in April. "I want to say something, but I don't know what to say."

Overstreet was visiting family in Putnam County the night Haleigh vanished. Investigators have said they think he is the key to solving the Haleigh case, which investigators said is now considered a homicide investigation.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/24566669/detail.html
I bet Grannie Hollars w/be on JVM tonight. Is there anyone left other than Timmy Croslin who isn't in jail in that family? I personally don't think Overstreet's crime is that bad. I could see them 'swarming' the home if he were making meth or crack.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:16 pm

artgal16 wrote:Im not so sure Overstreet doesnt know something though I agree that he wasnt involved in the actually killing of Haleigh he might know what happened.
Its obvious that the police are making no headway with Misty or Ron and Mistys brother got a 15 year sentence without talking. That means he was afraid
of something much worse if he told what he knew IMO - because I just cant believe Hank doesnt know what happened to Haleigh.
I am to the point where I don't think anyone actually "killed" HaLeigh, as in murder her. I think she picked up one of their pills and overdosed and Joe and Tommy disposed of her body. IMHO, Misty was way too out of it (a blackout) to really remember what happened. She had just come off a 3 day bender and was "EXHAUSTED". Her words.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:19 pm

Joe Overstreet's My Space.

Notice the quotation and the gun and the cross. Hmmmm.

http://www.myspace.com/380818970
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Haleigh Cummings Case: Police Swarm Antioch Home of Joe Overstreet Empty I did it

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Of course I had to take a "look". What an idiot! Did you notice your pointer said "f... you" when you go on his facebook page. Nice touch Joe. Happy days in the slammer!

Wrapitup wrote:Joe Overstreet's My Space.

Notice the quotation and the gun and the cross. Hmmmm.

http://www.myspace.com/380818970
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:56 pm

Another wanna be gangsta.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down