Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible

+2
Wrapitup
raine1953
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible Empty Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible

Post by raine1953 Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:56 pm

SENATH, Mo. — The search continued Monday for a 3-year-old southeast Missouri girl has been missing for two days.
Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible Breean10
The FBI has joined investigators from the Missouri State Highway Patrol and several county sheriffs in the search for Breeann Rodriguez of Senath, according to The Kennett Daily Dunklin Democrat (http://bit.ly/neVRgX ). The 30-pound Hispanic girl was last seen wearing a pink shirt and pink pants, riding a pink bicycle with training wheels. Authorities say Breeann and her bicycle disappeared from in front of her home about noon Saturday.

Police Chief Omar Karnes said the girl lives on a dead-end street and that none of her neighbors saw any suspicious vehicles.

"She was there (then) she was gone," Karnes said. "There is nothing. No trace. We don't have any trail."

Police questioned a person of interest Saturday, but that person has been ruled out as a suspect, Karnes said. On Sunday, about 200 people joined in a search. Police handed out flyers with the child's picture.

"We're working 24 hours a day until we find her," FBI agent Matt Brummund told KFVS-TV. FBI spokeswoman Rebecca Wu said the agency immediately gets involved when children of a "tender age" go missing for no apparent reason.

"The first hours are very critical," Wu said.

Breeann's father, Edgar Rodriguez, told the TV station he is trying to stay positive, but he's fearful for his daughter.

"I don't want to think about the worst," he said.

Rodriguez said the girl is very friendly. "She'd go with anybody," he said. But he said the girl would never ride her bike away from the street where the family lives.

Senath is a town of about 1,600 residents in Dunklin County, about 150 miles south of St. Louis.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

She'd go with anybody says her Dad but she would never ride her bike away from the street she lives on????

Last edited by raine1953 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible Empty Re: Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible

Post by raine1953 Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:58 pm

Breeann Rodriguez missing since Saturday

SENATH, Mo. (AP) - The search continues for a 3-year-old southeast Missouri girl who along with her bicycle has been missing since Saturday.
more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible 110808033857_080811_missinggirl
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible Empty Re: Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible

Post by raine1953 Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:59 pm

Karnes: It will be a daily thing until we find her or find out what happened

SENATH, Mo. -- Senath Police Chief Omar Karnes said the search for missing 3-year-old Breeann Rodriguez will be a daily priority until the child is found.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:06 pm

UPDATE: Police ask for help in finding missing 3 year old

In a Monday afternoon news conference the family and police announced a $45,000 reward with information that leads to Rodriguez's safe return. $25,000 of that is from the FBI and the remaining $20,000 is from the City of Senath. Anonymous tips can be made day or night by calling the Command Center at (314) 791-1205.
"She was riding her bike, her bike is nowhere to be found," said Rodriguez. "We looked all around town, we can't find the bike. I got excited because they found a bike over by my aunt's house. Same exact bike, but it wasn't hers. So...she doesn't ever leave this road…never."
continue reading at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -- there's much more to read plus a video that I can't embed.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Police said an Amber Alert has not been issued because Breeann's disappearance didn't meet the right criteria; to become and Amber Alert, people must suspect foul play and neighbors must have witnessed an actual abduction.

The laws for Amber Alerts need to be changed nationwide! This could easily cost this little girl or another their life. The word just doesn't get out there without an over reaction Amber Alert! It\\'s Not Fair
angry
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:44 pm

Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible Ramos10

$45K in rewards offered in case of missing Senath youth
SENATH, Mo. -- A total of $45,000 has been offered in rewards in the case of Breeann Rodriguez, 3, who went missing on Saturday near her Senath home.

Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible Breean10
At a press conference earlier this afternoon, Rodriguez' parents, Claudia Ramos and Edgar Rodriguez; Dunklin County Sheriff Bob Holder; Senath Police Chief Omar Karnes; and Special Agent In Charge, Dennis Baker, of the Federal Bureau of Investigation of St. Louis, Mo., gave updates on the current situation in the case.

After turning the public away, Baker said the FBI has issued a $25,000 reward for the "successful return and prosecution of person or persons responsible for the disappearance, if someone did take her."

"My department has a $20,000 guaranteed reward for the safe return and conviction of whoever took Breeann," Karnes said. "We want the child home safely."
"The FBI, along with the other agencies here, as well as a half dozen other agencies, are offering assistance to the Senath Police with resources 24-hours a day," Baker said. "We have been searching by air, with dogs, on water and land. The community has turned out with resources, along with Breeann witnesses. We thank the people in this community for their help, especially with hot it has been."

Baker said the departments are still needing people to call in with information, and calls can be kept anonymous.

"Our goal is to find Breeann, and that is our focus," Baker said.

Baker said anyone with information can call the command post at (314) 791-1205.

The parents of the young child, in an emotional statement, plead for the safe return of their daughter.

"We just want everybody that can to help me and find my daughter," Ramos said. "I really want to hold her and tell her that she is my princess. Please, if somebody has her, bring her back to me."

"My daughter never hurt anybody," Rodriguez said. "All I want is my daughter. I don't care if you drop her off somewhere where somebody can get ahold of here. I don't have anything against anybody. I realize that people make mistakes and I don't care where you drop her off at, just make sure somebody can get ahold of her and bring her home."

The authorities were asked about any evidence of an abduction, to which Karnes responded, "At this time, there is no new evidence."

"We have followed every lead we've gotten," Karnes said. "Right now, there is nothing new. We are pursuing everything. We are waiting on more clues and we are still out looking."

Karnes said the case is still being handled as a missing person case.

"We have no proof of an abduction," Karnes said.

"There have been discussions about missing persons [and] abductions," Baker said. "For the FBI, there is a presumption for us that this is an abduction. We don't have enough evidence at this time to say, definitely, that this person has been abducted, but we always want to get out front in case this has been an abduction. It is our presumption, in this case, with a child missing like this, that there is an abduction. There is also the possibility that the child could have wandered off, could be lost. That is a possibility. We are pursuing everything. We do have a presumption that the chances are that the child has been abducted."

Baker said anyone with any information is urged to call the command post.

"Our focus is on finding this little girl. What we want is the information flowing in," Baker said. "We don't want people to not call thinking it is going to bring attention to them. What we are concerned about is this little girl."

"As far as the public's information, we want them to know, we want the child back safe," Karnes said. "We don't care about anybody's history or their past, we want the child. [If anyone has] any information, please help us. It is hard to believe no one saw anything, but no one has come forward yet."

Karnes said searches have gone out in all directions around Senath for approximately five miles.

When asked if there was anything unusual about the day the child went missing, Ramos said, "It was a day like every day."

"My kids were riding their bikes," Ramos said. "I wish everything could go back and keep her inside and not let her [spend] even one minute outside."
If anyone has information on this missing child, please contact the command post at (314) 731-1205, the Senath Police Department at (573)738-2818, or the Dunklin County Sheriff's Department at (573)888-2424.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:58 am

ST. LOUIS (KMOX) - A large reward is being offered tonight for information leading to the person or persons who are believed to have abducted a three year old Bootheel Missouri Girl.

Breeann Rodriguez has been missing since Saturday August 6. She was last seen riding her bike in Senath, Missouri.

The F.B.I. in St. Louis announced an award of $25,000 for the recovery of the girl and the prosecution of anyone responsible for her disappearance. An additional $20,000 is being offered by the Marshal’s Office in Senath Missouri, bringing the total reward to $45,000.

Both agencies are asking the public for help in locating a white cargo van seen in the area prior to Breeann’s disappearance. It has no side windows and a ladder mounted on the rear.

Breeann was last seen wearing a pink top and pink and purple pants. She was riding her bike with training wheels on Ode Johnson Street in Senath, in the Missouri Bootheel.

Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI’s Command post at (314) 791-1205

Breeann’s parents made an emotional plea asking for prayers and support.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:04 am

The laws for Amber Alerts need to be changed nationwide! This could easily cost this little girl or another their life. The word just doesn't get out there without an Amber Alert!
WHEN w/the FBI get it that Any child that goes missing should immediately have an Amber Alert issued? I am sick of hearing, "this child does not meet the criteria." Then, the child is usually found dead and it's a boyfriend of the mother or some perv that knew the family.

Not sure what I think about this case yet. I get the feeling it's like the Summer Thompson case where she was riding her bike and a child molester grabbed her. I hope I'm wrong and she w/be found alive but have serious doubts.

This is never ending! Children cannot freely play in their front yard w/out the watchful eye of a parent anymore.

Our parents told us: "do you chores, come home for lunch, go back out and play and I don't want to see you till it's getting dark." At least, that's what I heard. There was never a worry or care. Now, forget it. Hope this made sense.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:06 am

I'm not judging the parents but a three year old is out riding her bike w/o an adult overseeing it? I feel just horrible for the parents but no child at that age should be on her own outside, even if with other children. This is a perfect example.
A white cargo van w/o windows was seen in the area, that sounds really bad. I think you're right, it sounds like shades of Summer Thompson and I so hope we are both wrong!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:14 am

Raine, I agree. I think some pervert saw a golden opportunity to take her.

I hope we are Both wrong!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:39 pm

Last edited by Wrapitup on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Senath Police: Evidence is negative sign in search for missing Breeann Rodriguez

SENATH, MO (KAIT) – Senath Police are telling Region 8 News that the evidence found in a field south of Senath could produce DNA, but they still won't release what the evidence is.

Region 8's Brandi Hodges interviewed Chief Karnes who said he thinks the evidence found is a bad sign in the investigation, but wouldn't elaborate further. Karnes also said he doesn't believe the evidence was in the filed the first time it was searched.
much more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
There's a video at the link that I can't embed.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:58 pm

That is definitely not a good sign. I would bet they found either the bicycle and/or some of her clothing. I think she is gone and a child molester took her. Probably someone in the neighborhood. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:32 am

This is a very strange case. How did somebody manage to pick up a child and a bike at high noon and nobody saw anything?

Something is just not sitting right with this one.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:39 am

I agree Jeanne, it is strange. I can't get the full picture from the articles I have read. Was she outside alone or with other children and what age were the children? One article states neighbors saw no odd vehicles but somehow there is a suspicious van? ???
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:20 am

I read that she was outside with her brother. I should go back and look this up but I believe her brother went inside for a minute or two and came back out and she was gone.
I thought they had found the bike but again, I would have to re-read on this.
I just read about the van yesterday I think (should be above) but I do remember neighbors said that they didn't see anything suspicious.
I think this case odd too, but I believe these parents and I don't know why. They made a horrible mistake of allowing her outside with other kids w/o adult supervision but when I listen to them they just seem so sincere. Maybe that's just me again wanting to believe the parent(s).
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:27 am

Search for Breeann Rodriguez Continues; $45K Reward Offered

The search continues for a 3-year-old southeast Missouri girl who has been missing for six days.
Now the FBI and Senath Marshal’s Office are offering a $45,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance of Breeann Rodríguez.
The FBI has joined investigators from the Missouri State Highway Patrol and several county sheriffs in the search for Breeann of Senath, according to The Kennett Daily Dunklin Democrat.

The 30-pound Hispanic girl was last seen wearing a pink shirt and pink pants, riding a pink bicycle with training wheels. Authorities say Breeann and her bicycle disappeared from in front of her home about noon Saturday.
Police Chief Omar Karnes said the girl lives on a dead-end street and that none of her neighbors saw any suspicious vehicles.
"She was there (then) she was gone," Karnes said. "There is nothing. No trace. We don't have any trail."
Police questioned a person of interest Saturday, but that person has been ruled out as a suspect, Karnes said. On Sunday, about 200 people joined in a search. Police handed out flyers with the child's picture.
"We're working 24 hours a day until we find her," FBI agent Matt Brummund told KFVS-TV. FBI spokeswoman Rebecca Wu said the agency immediately gets involved when children of a "tender age" go missing for no apparent reason.
"The first hours are very critical," Wu said.
Breeann's father, Edgar Rodríguez, told the TV station he is trying to stay positive, but he's fearful for his daughter.
"I don't want to think about the worst," he said.
Rodríguez said the girl is very friendly.
"She'd go with anybody," he said.
But he said the girl would never ride her bike away from the street where the family lives.
Senath is a town of about 1,600 residents in Dunklin County, about 150 miles south of St. Louis.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:38 am

Authorities looking into three items of interest in missing Senath youth case

When asked about the evidence sent to the crime lab earlier this week, Karnes said it has come back, but hasn't provided any relevant clues. He also said he is hoping to get DNA off of the newer items.

read much more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Continue reading at the link, this article breaks things down much more than I've read in any article. It does explain some of the points that you brought up Laga.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:28 am

jeanne1807 wrote:This is a very strange case. How did somebody manage to pick up a child and a bike at high noon and nobody saw anything?

Something is just not sitting right with this one.
Remember the Naveah Buchanan case? She was also riding her bike in her apt parking lot when she was taken by what LE says is a sex offender. Her "mothers" bf was living w/one and she also had "sex offender" friends. Her bf and I believe one other idiot went to prison for violating their parole. That poor little girl. That case was horrific! And, there is Nothing New on it!

Bottom line, it only takes a split second for a child to be accosted. That is why we Must be proactive and watch our children and grandchildren like hawks when they are outside. Never leave them alone, which sucks for them because WE played and played outside w/no supervision..roamed the neighborhood and had a blast. These kids now cannot do that. And, do NOT allow a new man you've met Near your children for a Very long time! I cannot say this enough!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:31 am

I believe these parents and I don't know why. They made a horrible mistake of allowing her outside with other kids w/o adult supervision but when I listen to them they just seem so sincere. Maybe that's just me again wanting to believe the parent(s).
I agree
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:54 am

From the article Raine posted:

Authorities have confirmed that two of the three items of interest found in the past two days in the case of Breeann Rodriguez, 3, are training wheels, however, they have not directly tied them to the case.

According to Senath Police Chief Omar Karnes, the training wheels were found on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning, and have been sent off to the crime lab.

"We aren't sure they are hers," Karnes said. "We can't rule them out."
Wouldn't they ask the parents if they are her training wheels?

The police chief said the items found over the last 24-hours are discouraging to him, because, "I want to find her alive. I still think she is alive." I unfortunately DO NOT!

Karnes said the items of interest make him believe that "Somebody is trying to hide something." He added that he doesn't believe the items that were found may have been there before and been overlooked.

"I don't know if it was searched real thoroughly the first time, but this last search, yes, it turned up something," Karnes said. "We've expanded it from there."

Karnes said the white van authorities were looking for has not turned up, and the only clues they have are some surveillance footage.
So, they think someone is planting evidence? WHY would anyone do that? If that is the case..the FBI and LE needs agents to be in that area where the "items" were found 24/7..or put a surveillance camera in a tree. And WHERE was this alleged "surveillance footage"? Where was the camera? Do they live in an apartment?

"It looks like there may be a trail shaping up," the officer said. When asked in what direction the trail was leading, he replied, "Circles." Interesting. Looks like whoever did this is leading the FBI in "circles."

Karnes said he has not ruled out the possibility that the new clues are being planted in an attempt to mislead authorities.

"We haven't ruled that out," Karnes said. "That is why I can't elaborate on what it is [that has been found]. We don't want any false evidence placed somewhere."

The couple said they were not sure how nothing was seen, as the neighborhood enjoys watching children play
Bingo!! I believe it IS a neighbor who took her. Had probably been watching her play for awhile and knew her MO.

Rodriguez said he was pushing authorities to issue an Amber Alert, but was told the case didn't miss the criteria. This Has Got to STOP!! ANY child that is missing needs to have an Amber Alert issued Immediately!

"I guess it doesn't even meet the criteria for an abduction," Rodriguez said. "How far can she possibly ride her bike. Look at where we are looking at. There is no way my daughter was going to ride her bike over here and get lost."
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:22 pm

About the Amber Alert....I understand the need to get the word out about a missing child but the reason the criteria is not always met for the Amber Alert is because it is about getting the word out to highway signs, to LE patroling the highways by identifying a particular vehicle. If they have no vehicle, just a missing child all they can alert everyone to is maybe a picture of the child.......frustrating but that is how I understand it....
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:38 am

Police: Suspect in custody in the case of missing 3-year-old

SENATH, Mo. (KMOV)--- Police have a suspect in custody in the case of missing 3-year-old Breeann Rodriguez.
According to the Senath Police, the suspect is from the local area but is not related to the family. He is being held, awaiting formal charges.

Missouri State Highway Patrol, Missouri Department of Conservation and the Dunklin County Major Case Squad are now searching for Breeann Rodriguez’s body and her bicycle in an undisclosed area in Dunklin County.

Investigators are no longer interested in the white cargo van that was seen before Rodriguez’s disappearance.

Breeann Rodriquez was last seen riding her bicycle in front of her home on Ode Johnson Street in Senath, Missouri on August 6, 2011.

crying
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:01 am

Suspect held in Missouri girl's disappearance
By the CNN Wire Staff
August 13, 2011 11:51 a.m. EDT

CNN) -- A suspect in the disappearance of a 3-year-old Missouri girl last seen riding her bicycle was in custody Saturday, authorities announced.
Authorities were searching for Breeann Rodriguez' body and bicycle in an undisclosed area in Dunklin County, the Senath Police Department and Dunklin County Sheriff's Office said in a statement.
The unnamed suspect is from the area and is not related to the family, according to the statement. He was being held at the Dunklin County Justice Center, pending formal charges.
"There have been hundreds of tips from the public but it was a thorough investigation that led to the suspect," officials said.
They would not comment further Saturday morning.
Police said Thursday that they'd found two training wheels similar to those on a pink bike ridden by Breeann before she went missing.
Senath police Chief Omar Karnes described the training wheels as "items of interest."
The girl was last seen riding Aug. 6 with her brother in front of their home in Senath.
The city, which has about 1,800 residents according to the U.S. Census Bureau, is in southeast Missouri's "bootheel" about 40 miles northeast of Jonesboro, Arkansas, and 90 miles north of Memphis, Tennessee.
A $45,000 reward -- $25,000 from the FBI and $20,000 from the Senath Marshal's office -- was offered for information leading to Breeann's recovery and the prosecution of those responsible.
Authorities said they were no longer interested in tracking down a white cargo van that had been seen in the area days ahead of Breeann's disappearance.
Digital billboards with the girl's picture have been displayed in Jonesboro and Cape Girardeau, Missouri, about 100 miles north of where she went missing.

Poor little girl and her family! Parents, don't let those precious little ones out of your sight!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:25 am

OMG another one. crying
Those poor parents, my heart goes out to them. They made a mistake and it was fatal, I so hope other parents/grandparents learn from this!
Why do we have these monsters among the human race, I'll never understand and they should be put to death long before they cost the taxpayers any money.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:37 am

I feel so badly for these parents. Maybe they took a phone call or went to the bathroom and she was gone. It was an honest mistake IMHO. She has probably played outside on her little bike many times and the parents felt comfortable w/the neighborhood. I can understand this, but at the same time as Raine said..their mistake was fatal. We just Never Know! That is WHY it is IMPERATIVE to watch your children every.second they are outside playing..even if you think they are safe. The parents stated she would not have left her street. I beg to differ. Kids become braver and braver as they get older. Kids w/do things you don't think they w/do when they are her age.

Yet, I don't per se' blame the parents. I think they are good people who are probably in deep shame and blame for taking their eye off their daughter.

Guaranteed, this is a neighbor male that took her. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Hello all. What sad news today. Waiting for the press conference.

They might have found her abductor. Rumors for now.

I have been gone following this missing child case.

I surely hoped they would find her safe and sound. Her parents have to be hurting so bad right now.

Prayers for her family. Not much hope...I am sorry to say.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:30 pm

by jeanne1807 Today at 13:35

Jeanne..this is important. Where did you hear that rumor? I don't care what website it is..please give us a link! TIA!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:33 pm

These quotes are from articles posted above:
From kmov.com
SENATH, Mo. (KMOV)--- Police have a suspect in custody in the case of missing 3-year-old Breeann Rodriguez.
According to the Senath Police, the suspect is from the local area but is not related to the family. He is being held, awaiting formal charges.
From CNN.com
A suspect in the disappearance of a 3-year-old Missouri girl last seen riding her bicycle was in custody Saturday, authorities announced

Doesn't appear to be a rumor...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:38 pm

Lisette, Jeanne is saying there is a press conference. Rumor. At least, that is the way I read it because we had already posted that they had a POI in custody:

Color me confused!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:39 pm

Male neighbor charged in death of missing three-year-old

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible 1523357-L
Shawn Morgan, 43, a neighbor of the Rodriguez family has been formally charged by prosecutors in Dunklin County in connection to the death of Breeann Rodriguez, 3, who has been missing since one week ago today.

The neighbor of three-year-old Breann Rodriguez has been formally charged in the child's disappearance and death.
According to Prosecuting Attorney for Dunklin County, Stephen P. Sokoloff, who spoke at a press conference around 1 p.m., Saturday, Shawn Morgan, 43, of Senath has been charged with the felony counts of First Degree Murder, Armed Criminal Action and Tampering with Physical evidence in connection to the missing child case that has been covered by local and national media since Saturday, August 6, the day little Breann was reported missing by her family.

Read complete article at:

Last edited by lisette on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:43 pm

Oh, I understand now...The rumor was about the press conference. There was a press conference according to the article above.

Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible 1523358-L
Dunklin County Sheriff Bob Holder, left, Prosecuting Attorney Stephen P. Sokoloff, center, and City of Senath Police Chief Omar Karnes, right, hold a press conference at the Dunklin County Justice Center in Kennett on Saturday afternoon relating to the missing child case.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:46 pm

I KNEW it had to be a neighbor!!

Lisette, thanks for this post! OMG, what a dirt bag. I pray he did not molest her. The FBI must have found either some of her dna on him or at his home or in his car or all 3. I pray he confesses and tells them where she is.

That poor family! crying
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:49 pm

Article now says that Morgan is age 43 instead of 34...I changed it in posts above....
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:57 pm

charged with the felony counts of First Degree Murder, Armed Criminal Action and Tampering with Physical evidence

Sounds like he placed the training wheels in the field, trying to mislead investigators. Maybe his fingerprints or DNA are on them. The article says that he caused her death by suffocating...He must have told them...How else would they know this if they haven't found her? I hope that he will tell them where she is...He's caught so he might as well. He must have already told them something for them to know how she died.
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Missing Missouri Girl, Breeann Rodriquez, 3 years old Found Dead in Ditch/Neighbor Shawn Morgan, 43, Confesses to Her Murder, Charged with First Degree Murder, Death Penalty Possible Empty A father of three has been charged with first-degree murder in the case of Breeann Rodriguez

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Breeann Rodriguez Missing: Father of Three Charged With Murder

By DEAN SCHABNER and NINA TERRERO
Aug. 13, 2011

A father of three has been charged with first-degree murder in the case of Breeann Rodriguez, the 3-year-old who went missing on Aug. 6 while riding her pink bicycle in her Senath, Mo., neighborhood.

Shawn S. Morgan, 34, sits in the Dunklin County Jail, awaiting an arraignment that has yet to be scheduled, Dunklin County Sheriff's Department spokesman Mike McCammon said this afternoon. Sheriff's deputies, Missouri State Highway Patrol, FBI agents, officers from the Senath Police Department and volunteers are still searching for Breeann's body, he said, adding that he wasn't authorized to disclose any other details.

Morgan was quietly arrested around 11 p.m. Friday, said Debra Miller, who lives across the street and learned from someone else that her decade-long neighbor had been taken into police custody.

"Earlier we had noticed items being taken out of the house by the FBI," Miller, 51, said. "His wife just came over and said they were taking out computers and just bags of stuff. ... Of course she was upset but trying to believe the best."

Morgan worked in a steel factory in nearby Blytheville, Ark., Miller said.

"Our street is a dead-end street. We watch after each other's children. Our grandchildren have been here all summer," she said. "This is so shocking. It's hard to believe. ... He's such a small-built man, about 5'6," maybe 130 or 140 popunds, real meek. And just always seemed like a real nice guy."

The tragedy also has unified a town that, if not blatantly divided, certainly has seen its residents maintain their presumed places as the tally of Latino newcomers has multiplied, she said.

"You know how it is: You work, you come home, you associate with the people you've always associated with," Miller said. But with Breeann's disappearance. "everybody stands together. The rescue effort brought everybody out, including people from the next town. I made everybody know that a child is just a a child."

The people of Senath, population 1,566, according to the most recent Census data, have been horrified by Breeana' disaThe Dunklin department, FBI and Missouri State Troopers have joi

Breeann Rodriguez Missing: 'It Aint Supposed to Happen,' Cop Says

The two small bicycle training wheels were found Thursday in an area of "heavy brush" located approximately two miles southeast of Breeann's home which the FBI said may have come from the tot's bicycle.

The girl's father, Edgar Rodriguez, however, identified the wheels as belonging to his daughter because he had adjusted the wheels for Breeann's 2-foot-4 height, the FBI said.

The rest of the bike has not been found, police said.

The little girl was last seen riding her bike with her 5-year-old brother. Her brother ran inside to get a drink, and when he returned his sister had disappeared.

"It's just something we never thought we'd be going through," Edgar Rodriguez said.

Senath is a tiny hamlet in the southeast corner of the state with a population of less than 1,600 people and an extremely low crime rate.

"I got a child missing and it ain't supposed to happen," Senath Police Department Chief Omar Karnes said.

Billboards with Breeann's picture recently went up in Missouri and Arkansas with an announcement of a $45,000 reward -- $25,000 from the FBI and $20,000 from the Senath Marshal's Office -- for the arrest and prosecution of whoever is responsible.

One of the many early leads in the case included the investigation of two vans that were seen in the area before Breeann's disappearance. The driver of one of the vehicles had been brought in for questioning by Senath police but has since been released, and the sheriff said today officials are no longer interested in the vans.

Breeann was last seen wearing a pink top and a pair of pink and purple pants. Police are asking anyone with information to call 866-371-TIPS.

I don't understand why ABC broke this story that a suspect that is the father of 3 is in custody but they don't talk about it in the above video!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Well it is all out in the open now. This fellow lived at I believe 109 and Breeann lived at 106. So perhaps next door neighbors. I remember on one of the interviews an elderly neighbor said she lived next door to the Rodriquez family so perhaps this fellow lived on the other side.

Sorry I didn't get back earlier. There were rumors flying on a lot of the boards. Topix was one of them. Blink and SM were also reporting it.

Once it starts it spreads like wildfire. Some had links some didn't but I knew everybody would want to hear the "rumors".

I have been busy with pickles all afternoon.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Senath man charged with murder of Breeann Rodriguez

.."Morgan is charged with causing the death of Breeann Rodriguez, 3-years old, also of Senath, by suffocating her," said Sokoloff. "The charge is that he did this on August 6th, the day that she went missing."

Senath Police Chief Omar Karnes told Region 8 News shortly before 8:00 Saturday night that search efforts for Breeann's body had been called off. He said the search will continue Sunday morning...According to a news release from the Dunklin County Sheriff's Office, authorities are searching in an undisclosed part of Dunklin County...

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:42 pm

Saturday, August 13, 2011
Deanna Coronado, Daily Dunklin Democrat

Shawn Morgan, 43, a neighbor of the Rodriguez family has been formally charged by prosecutors in Dunklin County in connection to the death of Breeann Rodriguez, 3, who has been missing since one week ago today.

The neighbor of three-year-old Breeann Rodriguez has been formally charged in the child's disappearance and death.

According to Prosecuting Attorney for Dunklin County, Stephen P. Sokoloff, who spoke at a press conference around 1 p.m., Saturday, Shawn Morgan, 43, of Senath has been charged with the felony counts of First Degree Murder, Armed Criminal Action and Tampering with Physical evidence in connection to the missing child case that has been covered by local and national media since Saturday, August 6, the day little Breeann was reported missing by her family.

Sokoloff, joined by Dunklin County Sheriff Bob Holder, and Senath Chief of Police Omar Karnes, met with members of the press at the Dunklin County Justice Center on Saturday after word got out that a suspect had been taken into custody, earlier that morning. Sokoloff said that it is charged that Morgan caused the death of Rodriguez by suffocating, but was unable to provide any further details. He was also unable to comment on whether or not Morgan had prior convictions or was a registered sex offender. The prosecutor did confirm that he was a neighbor of the young girl and her family who lives on Ode Johnson Street in Senath. The child was reported missing by her parents who said the preschooler was outside near the front yard of the residence riding bikes with her older brother, age 5. The sibling reportedly went into the residence for a drink and it was later discovered that Breeann was no longer on her pink and purple bicycle. The mother and father began searching for their daughter for around 30 minutes, before calling police. Since that time, a group of local volunteers and law enforcement officials, have teamed with the FBI and other specialty search groups in an attempt to locate the missing girl.

"Officers from the Senath Police Department, Dunklin County Sheriff's Department, Dunklin County Major Case Squad, Missouri State Highway Patrol and the FBI, have worked around the clock to attempt to locate the girl," Sokoloff said at the press conference.

The prosecutor, as well as the sheriff and police chief, commented on the outpour of support from the local community, recognizing the efforts of neighbors and friends throughout Dunklin County who tirelessly dedicated themselves to spreading the word about the case, physically scouring the area for the missing child, and aiding the needs of law enforcement involved in the search.

Sokoloff said that Morgan is being held at the Dunklin County Justice Center awaiting a court date that has been set for Tuesday, August 16. Dunklin County Circuit Judge John C. Spielman issued a no bond order in the case against Morgan who will appear in court at approximately 9 a.m., on the charges against him.

The prosecuting attorney did say that at this time in the investigation it is unlikely that anyone else will be charged in connection to the case and that the family has been notified of recent developments. He also added that as search teams conduct their investigation into locating the body of the young girl, any new developments will be released as they become available.

Dunklin County Sheriff Bob Holder said that members of his agency and the Dunklin County Major Case Squad, in addition to the state's Department of Conservation, are presently dragging waters in areas of interest that exist in Dunklin County and searching other territories where Rodriguez's body might be found. He did not elaborate on where the searches are specifically taking place and asked for the community's cooperation so as to not compromise the integrity of the investigation.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:28 am

This is on Pat Brown's FB:
Pat Brown
Neighbor charged in murder of little Breeann Rodriguez. Parents supposedly failed the poly, but they did not appear deceptive. Sad ending.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:02 am

Wrapitup wrote:This is on Pat Brown's FB:
Pat Brown
Neighbor charged in murder of little Breeann Rodriguez. Parents supposedly failed the poly, but they did not appear deceptive. Sad ending.

Now they they have the man responsible for her death in custody I have to doubt the parents failing that poly. If they did fail I would say it could be a couple of reasons other than having something to do with the death of their child.

Perhaps they are illegal? Perhaps with the he said and she said and the language understanding they could have gotten times and what happened mixed up.

I feel soo very bad for those parents and the other children waiting for LE to recover their sweet baby from the icy waters. What a shame..what a shame.

This is a rumor from one of the searchers.

"From everything I have heard and listening to the scanner it appears he put her in water and what with the storm and all. A canal was specifically said over the scanner and I have heard cotton plant. I have not mapped that out yet to see if there is canal/ slough nearby."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is the area I believe they are searching for her in. There are multiple canals and then the swamp. "
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:25 pm

A blogger did a little research on the suspect. Interesting. If you look at the wifes myspace page there are pictures of the family.

It seems she turned him in. Hummm.
jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:31 pm

This article gets graphic in it's description of what Breeann Rodrigues went thru'.
Document: Breeann Rodriguez suffocated and dumped in ditch

Dunklin County, Mo (KSDK) -- A neighbor charged in the disappearance of a 3-year-old Senath, Missouri girl claims he suffocated the girl and threw her body into a flooded ditch, according to the probable cause statement.

Prosecutors charged Shawn Morgan, 43, with first-degree murder, armed criminal action and tampering with evidence in connection to the disappearance of Breeann Rodriguez.

He lives on the same street as the Rodriguez family.

Morgan told investigators he found Rodriguez standing at the ladder to his backyard pool, picked her up and took her inside where he suffocated her with a white trash bag. He told investigators it took an hour for the little girl to die, according to court documents.

Morgan put Rodriguez's body in the trash bag and threw her body over a railing and into a flooded ditch along Missouri Highway 164.

Rodriguez's body has not been found, but the training wheels and bicycle she had been riding on August 6 were found in the same river system. Rodriguez's father positively identified the bicycle.

Morgan is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday.

raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Slys Hunny Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:06 pm

crying Morgan told investigators he found Rodriguez standing at the ladder to his backyard pool, picked her up and took her inside where he suffocated her with a white trash bag. He told investigators it took an hour for the little girl to die, according to court documents.

Morgan put Rodriguez's body in the trash bag and threw her body over a railing and into a flooded ditch along Missouri Highway 164.

crying This is not the news I wanted to come home to!!!
Slys Hunny
Slys Hunny

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanne1807 Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:40 pm

Another article describing what happened.

jeanne1807
jeanne1807

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next