Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Texas four-year-old, Kylar Johnson, found dead after dog attack

5 posters

Go down

Missing Texas four-year-old, Kylar Johnson, found dead after dog attack   Empty Missing Texas four-year-old, Kylar Johnson, found dead after dog attack

Post by lisette Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:39 pm

VICTORIA, Texas – The search for a missing four-year-old Texas boy ended Monday when his body was found near his home, his family confirmed.
Kylar Johnson was found dead in Victoria -- about 130 miles southwest of Houston -- from injuries he sustained in a dog attack, KPRC-TV reported.
He was reported missing Sunday night after he wandered away from his front yard as his father cleaned his car.
Deputies began searching for him Sunday night and found his body at around 10:40am Monday, according to KPRC.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Missing Texas four-year-old, Kylar Johnson, found dead after dog attack   Empty Re: Missing Texas four-year-old, Kylar Johnson, found dead after dog attack

Post by Wrapitup Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Missing Texas four-year-old, Kylar Johnson, found dead after dog attack   Empty Re: Missing Texas four-year-old, Kylar Johnson, found dead after dog attack

Post by Praying For Faith Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:30 pm

So Sad!!! 🇳🇴

Praying For Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:31 pm

A four-year-old Texas boy reported missing was found dead 14 hours later in a neighbor's yard, after apparently being fatally mauled by a dog.

The body of Kyler Johnson was found by the neighbor in Victoria, about 130 miles southwest of Houston, Monday morning after the child wandered away from his own home on Sunday night, the Victoria Advocate reported.
Authorities said it appeared a pit bull which was kept in the yard had attacked and killed the boy. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday and preliminary results expected the same day.

Kyler was reported missing Sunday night after he wandered away from his front yard as his father, Cole Johnson, cleaned his car.
Deputies began searching for him Sunday night and found his body about 10:45am local time Monday.

"This is a very unfortunate circumstance, I have to report to you today," Victoria County Sheriff T. Michael O'Connor said at a news conference.

"I was in hopes that our search would become fruitful and we found the young child alive. Unfortunately, we did not."

The dog, one of five owned by the neighbor, was quarantined after the attack.

How did this little sweetheart get so far from home? 130 miles? WTH??? The dog should be put down!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:46 pm

OMG how horrible! That poor child.

Wrap, the town of Victoria is 130 miles southwest of Houston.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:50 pm

See what I mean? Reading too fast!

Anyway, that damned dog should be Shot!!!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:32 am

agreed
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Must see video!

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:56 pm

He has 10 pit bulls on 10 feet of chain. GMAB!! Dogs are meant to roam and play and exercise. This is a breed that Needs a lot of exercise and to be chained up all damned day and night and have 10 of them is beyond belief!

He feels BAD for the boy's family? BAD? He should take those dogs and either give them away or get rid of them. I am sorry and I know this may start a disagreement but NO dog, I don't care what the breed, should be kept chained. This breed is dangerous. Period. How many times have we heard "my dog never bit anyone before." I have actually witnessed two pit bulls (brother and sister) attack each other over food. And, more than once. It was Horrible!! Yes, they can be very loyal but they were bred to fight. Period. and MOO!!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:24 pm

This guy said 'he hasn't had a chance to tell the parents how sorry he is'? Give me a break, that doesn't take much. I would be saying after the quarantine is over and after LE determines that it was just the one dog that I'd be putting that dog down immediately! And I'm a real sucker for animals, I'm also one who loves the breed but people have to be very careful that own them! Having 10 dogs of any kind, especially the bully breeds, on chains is dangerous period w/o a small child wandering on to their territory. I am not defending the dog who did this but I do have to say that generally when people put dogs out on chains and use them as watch dogs they usually have no real socialization and if this breed truly attacks, it is fatal, to man or beast. I do not believe the breed was bred to fight, they originally were children's guardians way back but so many 'people' have bred this breed to fight that one has to be very careful of the lineage of the dog. That's exactly why I would never own one, I don't think I'm 'qualified' to read or even trust the pedigree. Off my soap box now, the dog needs to be put down and that man needs to at the very least put up high fences! JMOO.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:43 pm

From article above:
Children's Protective Services said it been called out to Kylar's home twice before his death. Officials said the cases involved accusations of abuse and lack of supervision. However, CPS said they didn't find anything during either investigation.

Kylar's home was crime scene in June.

Deputies said Michael Zapata, 20, was fatally shot in the head at the home.

According to the deputies' report, Cole Johnson, 28, and his brother interfered with their investigation. They were accused of locking a gate to keep an ambulance away.

Johnson and his brother were both charged with interfering with police. In 2007, Johnson pleaded guilty to a drunken driving charge and served a one-year probated sentence.

Maybe Kylar had a reason to hide when his name was being called, poor thing. (Read article if you don't know what I mean.) Wonder why he ended up in that backyard after it had been already searched? Hmmm...
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:54 pm

Somehow I missed what you just posted Lisette. That poor child, he never had a chance whether it be with his family or over at that horrible backyard!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:45 pm

I missed that part, too. But that poor baby should not have been outside wandering the neighborhood w/out parental supervision. I don't even let my grandchildren play in the BACK yard w/out me being out there. What if a snake is back there? What if one of them falls down and breaks a bone? Maybe that's being overprotective but so be it!

As far as this breed, they outright scare me. When I was married, we had two pit's (the ones I talked about upthread). My husband brought them into our marriage and they were good as gold with us but I was at home alone and they got into it and OMG! I screamed at the top of my lungs and my neighbor came running over w/a 2 by 4 and started knocking them upside their heads. NO WAY was I going to get in the middle of it. They were insane at that point. Afterward, it looked like someone had been massacred. There was blood all over the walls and the floor and Angel's ear was hanging by a thread. Literally. They had horrible gashes all over them and were in the bathroom panting. My husband took both to the vet and they had to amputate Angel's ear. I begged my husband to get rid of them but he refused. Then, on T-Day, he fried a turkey outside. Both were chained but close enough to be able to be near each other. My husband was throwing turkey at them and I just KNEW they were going to get into it and asked him to STOP. He was drunk so of course, he didn't listen. And, they got into it chained. It took my husband and two other men to separate them. It was HORRIBLE! He built them a Huge dog pen which they tore down. They were sweet to me but I did not trust them and became fearful when alone w/them and I think they knew. Sorry to rant but I have a phobia about these dogs. I really thought they were bred to fight. Maybe you're right, Raine...the lineage has gone on and on and on so that now, you never know what you're getting. I wouldn't have one if you offered me a million dollars. I won't even have a dog that has any pit in it.

This man says he does not breed them for fighting. I say horse shit! Why does anyone need 10 dogs? Especially pits?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:20 am

OMG I will never say a word again, I had NO idea that happened to you! Your husband was an a**h***! But of course you know that. Never would I have wanted to be anywhere anything like that either! What a horrible experience, if I were you I'd probably be afraid of any dogs!
Oh that guy is talking BS! Plus he said during the interview that he 'loans them out'. They are serving someone a purpose all right and it's not good.
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 am

It's OK, Raine. I love dogs, even pit bulls..but I wouldn't own one. Not after what I saw. Until you've seen two pit bulls attacking each other, it will change your mind about them in a heart beat. They are ruthless when fighting. They, IMHO, go insane and don't EVER get in between them. I've seen other breeds fight, but not like pit's. The puppies (like all puppies) are adorable but wow!

My son and DIL have a friend who owns a dog that is half pit. When Noah was about 19 mo old, he got into the food bowl while the dog was eating and the dog bit Noah on his eye. He could have taken Noah's eye out.

My DIL will not allow that dog on her property anymore and I don't blame her. I was not there when it happened but it was very quick, so I was told.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:24 am

I wouldn't let that dog on the property anymore either! BUT, I have to say babies/children should never be around ANY dogs food! That is so dangerous! You're right, that bite very easily could have been the end of Noah's eye.
When my kids were little, we had a half shep, half dobie that we loved but never did I trust her with the babies. She never did a thing but one never knows, I wish people would just be extra careful with children!
I wouldn't ever try and break up one of those fights Wrap, I'm not near strong enough. I've watched Cesar Millan do it and it scares me!
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:36 am

Who is Cesar Millan????

Yea, I was not there when it happened so I don't know who was where and why N wasn't being watched. I don't blame anyone but I agree, kids shouldn't be around dogs food, although the Golden's take anything from the kids. LOL.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by raine1953 Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:42 am

Well, Golden's are almost the exception to the rule.
Cesar Millian, the Dog Whisperer?
raine1953
raine1953
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:25 am

How in the world did that little boy get in the fenced yard? I really feel like when you have a little one outside that they need constant eyes on them. I would never attempt to clean my car while supervising a little one. I wish these tragic stories would open people eyes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:35 am

I have never seen the Dog Whisperer but I remember a gal who was animal psychic on The Animal Planet a few years back.

I agree with you, LM!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 pm

KYLAR COLE JOHNSON
Obituary
Missing Texas four-year-old, Kylar Johnson, found dead after dog attack   0000469646-01-1_001313
VICTORIA - Kylar Cole Johnson, 4, went to be with the Lord on Monday, March 26, 2012. Kylar was born on April 19, 2007 in Victoria to Cole Johnson and Michelle Smith Johnson, both of Victoria.
Kylar was an adventurous kid; he loved playing in his swimming pool and horse trough. He loved animals, especially his new puppy, Reba. He enjoyed playing and flying his rocketship. Most of all, Kylar absolutely adored his daddy. Kylar was a very loving and nurturing boy. He lived with his daddy, uncle and grandmother and he loved them very much.
He is survived by his father, Cole Johnson; mother, Michelle Smith Johnson; grandmother, Barbara Skoruppa Johnson of Victoria; uncle, Dane Johnson of Victoria; great-grandmother, Pat Skoruppa of Victoria; great-uncle, John E. Skoruppa of Leander; great-grandfather, Mike Johnson of Martindale and uncle, Rodney Smith of Victoria. Kylar was preceded in death by his great- grandfather, Johnnie P. Skoruppa and grandmother, Lisa Elliott.
The family will receive friends from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 29, 2012 at Grace Funeral Home. Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, March 30, 2012 at Grace Funeral Home with Pastor Todd Perry of Victoria Independent Baptist Church officiating. Burial will follow at Coletoville Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Josh Dalton, Jason Hanselman, Justin Perez and Alex Lara. Honorary pallbearer will be Ken Hutchins.
Memorial donations may be made in Kylar's memory to the Kylar Johnson Benefit Fund at New First Bank.
Kylar's family wishes to thank all of the first responders and all of the countless volunteers who tirelessly searched for our precious Kylar. A huge thanks to Pastor Todd Perry and his congregation for allowing their church to serve as command central and as a sanctuary during the search. Thank you also to the Red Cross and Gulf Bend Staff Members for all their support. Our family has been overwhelmed by the community's response, outreach, and kindness during this difficult time.
Grace Funeral Home in charge of arrangements.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:56 pm

CPS twice investigated home of Victoria boy found dead

The missing 4-year-old Victoria County boy found dead Monday with injuries consistent with a dog attack came from a home that was twice investigated by CPS regarding the child and was the location of a fatal shooting last year.

Kyler Johnson, described by relatives as an animal lover, went missing around 8 p.m. Sunday while his father, 28-year-old Cole Johnson, was cleaning a car. After an overnight search that involved more than 100 people, including law enforcement and volunteers, the child's body was discovered in a neighbor's yard - less than a half-mile away - just before 11 a.m. Monday.

The death is now under investigation by the Victoria County Sheriff's Office and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday morning at the Travis County Medical Examiner's Office, which performs coroner duties for Victoria County, agency spokeswoman Sarah Scott said.

"We are going to investigate the situation and the circumstances surrounding what occurred," Child Protective Services spokesman John Lennan said Monday, adding that no other children are believed to reside in the home.

Abuse allegation

Someone responsible for the child other than Cole Johnson was accused of abuse and lack of supervision in 2010. Lennan declined to identify the person who was under investigation.

In October 2010, CPS investigators were unable to determine the veracity of a lack of supervision report. An allegation of physical abuse was made a month later, but no evidence was found, Lennan said.

According to public records, Kyler's mother appears to reside at a different Victoria address than the father.

Homicide investigation

The home in the 1100 block of Old Goliad was the subject of a homicide investigation last year as well as "several other calls," Chief Deputy Terry Simons of the Victoria County Sheriff's Office said Monday. "There was a subject that accidentally shot himself in the head during a party."

Cole Johnson and his brother, birthday honoree Matthew Dane Johnson, left that night in the back of a sheriff's cruiser. According to news reports, the police report said Cole Johnson was "extremely verbal and combative." The brothers were arrested and charged with interfering with an investigation. Deputies also discovered a small bag with a powdery white substance, believed to cocaine, on Matthew Johnson, and also charged him with drug possession.

In 2007, Cole Johnson pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated.

In the case of Kyler's death, preliminary investigation indicates the boy wandered into the yard of a neighbor who owned several dogs who "were restrained in a way that they wouldn't be able to get out," Simons said. "Family members said the child really loved animals."

Only one, believed to be a pit bull or pit mix, appears to have attacked the boy. That dog was secured on a chain and could only reach someone who came within its range, the chief deputy said. The owner and his address in the 300 block of Village Lane have no previous history with the Victoria County Sheriff's Office and "there are no ordinances that prevent ownership of any type of dog in Victoria County," Simons said.

Dog in custody

The dog believed to have attacked Kyler has been taken into custody by the county's animal control agency.

The child's death cannot be definitely attributed to mauling, Simons said Monday night.

As of late Monday, no charges had been filed in the incident.

As with all death investigations that are determined to have resulted from other than natural causes, the case will be presented to a grand jury, the chief deputy said.

Victoria County Sheriff T. Michael O'Connor said he hopes to have more details about what happened to the boy in the next two days.

Victoria, the seat of Victoria County, has about 63,000 residents and is roughly 130 miles southwest of Houston.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] twitter.com/cindylgeorge

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Father charged with toddler son's death after he wandered from home and was mauled to death by neighbour's pit bull
By PAUL THOMPSON
PUBLISHED: 4 June 2012

The father of a four year old boy who was mauled to death by a pit bull is to be charged with his death.
Michael Cole Johnson is facing a negligent homicide charge over the gruesome death of his son Kylar last March.
The toddler wandered away from his home and was savaged after walking into a yard about half a mile away where several dogs, including a pit bull were kept unleashed.
Missing Texas four-year-old, Kylar Johnson, found dead after dog attack   Article-2154481-1372FF69000005DC-748_640x415
His body was found by a neighbour almost 14 hours after he went missing from his home in Victoria, Texas.

Family, friends, and police had searched homes for those 14 hours in a vain attempt to find the missing boy.
Johnson, 28, told sheriff's deputies he was cleaning his car when his son disappeared about 8pm.
But prosecutors in Victoria County said the Johnson was negligent and the boy had wandered away from the home on a previous occasion.

'Deputies had found the toddler wandering down the road before,' said Victoria County District Attorney Steve Tyler.
'You know he wasn't keeping a close eye.'

Prosecutors said in May 2011, the sheriff's office responded to a disturbance at the Johnson home when a 20-year-old man died by accidentally shooting himself in the head.
Johnson was arrested on suspicion of interfering with public duties in that shooting. He also possessed a controlled substance.

lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:20 pm

OMG!! Look at that monster! He sure doesn't look like a "caring father" to me!!

Thanks so much, lisette, for keeping up on this thread.

And, once again, CPS had investigated. Never Ending, no matter what state one lives in!! angry

p.s. For some reason, he reminds me of Ronald Cummings. my 2 cents
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Missing Texas four-year-old, Kylar Johnson, found dead after dog attack   Empty Michael Cole Johnson Accused In The Neglegance Death Of Son Kylar, Faces Additional, Unrelated Charges

Post by NiteSpinR Mon May 26, 2014 9:32 pm

April 8, 2014

Michael Cole Johnson is scheduled to appear in court on both cases for a plea docket April 29.

A Victoria man already accused in the pit bull-mauling death of his toddler is facing more legal woes.

A grand jury indicted Michael Cole Johnson, 30, on charges of manufacture or delivery of a controlled substance between 4 and 200 grams - a first-degree felony - and hindering apprehension - a third-degree felony.

He is accused of possessing with the intent to deliver methamphetamine.

Also, when law enforcement was at his door to inquire whether his brother, Matthew Johnson, was there, he refused to open up.

He knew that his brother, who was charged with evading arrest or detention with a vehicle, was there, too, according to the April 3 indictment.

First Assistant District Attorney Eli Garza declined to comment about the case specifically Tuesday.

He said attorneys will routinely meet in court and discuss at the same time the status of this case as well as Cole Johnson's previous case in which he is charged with criminally negligent homicide, injury to a child and endangering a child at the same time.

The cases will most likely not be heard by a jury at the same time, Garza said.

Stephen Cihal, the attorney representing Cole for the criminally negligent homicide case, could not be reached for comment Tuesday afternoon.

It was unclear Tuesday whether Cole Johnson has hired or was appointed an attorney for the new case.

The body of Cole Johnson's 4-year-old son, Kylar, was found in a neighbor's backyard in 2012 after a 14-hour search.

Cole Johnson told sheriff's deputies Kylar had wandered away from their home in the 1100 block of Old Goliad Road.

Several dogs were found near the boy's body, according to Advocate archives.

NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down