Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6

+6
PeterfromTexas
Nama
Lilone
NiteSpinR
samgoodwin
Wrapitup
10 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 6 Empty Re: 4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6

Post by Nama Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:52 am

Wrapitup wrote:OK..have no clue WHY the above post looks so weird. confused
It has something to do with the video. Some videos throw the margins out of whack or make the print huge. Not sure why, but I have had to delete a video occasionally. The one you posted didn't do anything too bad. I wouldn't worry about it.

Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6 - Page 6 Empty Re: 4-15-13 ~ ??? -Jodi Arias trial:32-yo accused of shooting her lover,Travis Alexander,in the face, stabbing him 29 times, & slitting his throat from ear to ear. DP is on the table. Arias claiming self defense/ Thread #6

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:57 am

David Lohr
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jodi Arias Trial: Defense Rests
Posted: 04/16/2013 9:57 pm EDT
04/16/2013 9:57 pm EDT

The defense rested its case in the murder trial of Jodi Arias Tuesday, and the prosecution began their rebuttal case.

The defense team in the Phoenix courtroom rested at the start of the day without calling any additional witnesses to testify.

"At this point, the defense rests," attorney Kirk Nurmi told the judge.

The decision came after about 2 1/2 months of testimony.

Prosecutor Juan Martinez started the states rebuttal by calling Arizona clinical psychologist Janeen DeMarte.

DeMarte testified she conducted an evaluation of Arias and administered several tests on reading, intelligence and memory.

"She performed well on it," DeMarte said of the memory test she gave Arias.

In regard to the IQ test, DeMarte said Arias scored a 119.

Arias, a 32-year-old photographer, is accused of shooting Alexander in the face, stabbing him 27 times, and slitting his throat from ear to ear in the shower of his Mesa apartment on June 4, 2008. She has pleaded not guilty to murder, contending that she killed Alexander in self-defense.

Prosecutors allege Arias was jealous and did not want Alexander to see other women.

DeMarte said she reviewed an evaluation of Arias by Dr. Cheryl L. Karp, the Vice-Chairperson for the State of Arizona Board of Psychologist Examiners. DeMarte said Arias indicated more episodes of alleged abuse to Dr. Karp than she did to herself and the other defense experts.

"She told me there were four distinct episodes of alleged abuse," Demarte said of her evaluation of Arias.

Martinez then asked DeMarte how many incidents of alleged abuse Arias recounted to Dr. Karp.

"I can't even count [them] ... there was numerous reports of frequent abuse and threatening behavior," DeMarte said.

DeMarte said she diagnosed Arias with borderline personality disorder. She also testified she found no evidence to believe Arias claims about her memory problems or that she was a victim of domestic violence and suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder.

"There wasn't symptoms that were consistent with that diagnosis," she said of the PTSD.

During cross-examination by defense attorney Jennifer Willmott, DeMarte stood her ground. She did not flinch when the attorney suggested she was too young or lacked experience. At one point Willmott asked DeMarte about her knowledge of Alyce LaViolette, the defense teams domestic violence expert.

Willmott pointed out that DeMarte had not been born when LaViolette got her Masters degree in 1980.

Willmott is expected to continue her redirect of DeMarte on Wednesday, at 12:30 p.m. Eastern time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wilma w/draggg this on until the cows come home and leave again. MOO.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 am

Willmott pointed out that DeMarte had not been born when LaViolette got her Masters degree in 1980.

Maybe the old twit, ALV, should retire, since she can't remember anything, is old-fashioned, and doesn't understand the English language... DeMarte's youth is refreshing. She is well-educated, understands and speaks English well, and is not compelled to apologize to anyone for doing her job.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:31 am

WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial
I heard one spectator ask about Alyce and what happened to her showing up on Tuesday. Valerie was not allowed to answer. #JodiArias
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:43 am

Travis' family is seated up front. Nurmi has set his chair to reclinate already. We wait for the judge and #JodiArias.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:44 am

Seems court never starts on time. Hodi and her damned make-up. I also want to know if Dr. D (as I call her) thinks Hodi is a narcissist.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:01 pm

JW has been paying attention to JM... She's using some of his technique. Perhaps she will have learned something useful during this train-wreck!
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:09 pm

FGS, Yes Wilma..Dr. D is making money on this case just as Dick and Alyce did. Glad to know you, Wilma, made them rich w/all your BS!!

I wish she would get to the meat of this trial and stop this!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Lilone wrote:JW has been paying attention to JM... She's using some of his technique. Perhaps she will have learned something useful during this train-wreck!
I haven't noticed that as I can't get past her Minnie Mouse voice and rabid/rapid speech. la la la
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:12 pm

I see a juror question in the bin, the first one since Dr. D hit the stand.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:15 pm

JW is getting vicious! She is gonna get even w/JM if it's the last thing she ever does...!
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:26 pm

WHY is this still going on asking this Doctor what her credentials are? Good grief.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:32 pm

I don't know how much longer I can deal or Want to deal w/Wilma. I am hoping she will NOW stop w/the bs questions and get to Why we are here.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:33 pm

BJ wrote:I'M GONNA STAB MYSELF TO GET RID OF THE PAIN!
Get in line!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:33 pm

I have to leave for a bit, not sure I mind missing Wilma. I'll catch up when I get back.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:34 pm

samgoodwin wrote:Jodi looks super pissed at being called immature.
Well, too damned bad. She's like a child. I look for her to jump up and go ballistic at any time. Or, maybe do a handstand in court.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:34 pm

samgoodwin wrote:I have to leave for a bit, not sure I mind missing Wilma. I'll catch up when I get back.
OK. Don't blame you!! run for the hills
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 pm

OMG, talk about desperate... JW has no point except the one on the top of her head. She has no goal except to discredit this very credible witness.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Did she not just publish the very test that she is scolding DeMarte for?
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Cannot take this anymore. Please text me if something compelling happens..or Juan re-directs. Thanks!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm

Wilma tried to make it appear that it was unethical or illegal for Dr. DeMarte to have shown Martinez the PTSD test. lol (Oh noooooo! We are all going to prison for life since we read copyright protected materials every day. lol)

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:49 pm

Wilma tried to make it appear that it was unethical or illegal for Dr. DeMarte to have shown Martinez the copyright protected PTSD test. lol (Oh noooooo! We are all going to prison for life since we read copyright protected materials every day. lol)

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:57 pm

JW is trying to argue issues she doesn't understand, thereby presenting herself as an ASS.
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Come on, Dr. DeMarte, and state how Jodi was above average for antisocial on the MCMI. Get it out there for the jury!!! Wilma will crap her pants!

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilone Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:01 pm

Jodi appears to be "fatigued". At what point will she turn to her atty and ask for the needle?
Lilone
Lilone

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:02 pm

Lilone wrote:Jodi appears to be "fatigued". At what point will she turn to her atty and ask for the needle?
Did you see her furiously erasing something today? Why is she allowed to sketch in court? She gives those her sicko friend and mom to sell. That's wrong!

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:07 pm

Add your own!

You know you've watched too much of this trial when....

Your cupboard only contains spaghetti noodles and orange jello and you're wondering how to combine them for a meal.

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Yeah, it's really obvious that Samuels was correct on that diagnosis of anxiety disorder. Jodi looks and acts so stressed out all the time. lol

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:36 pm

Back already. I take it I didn't miss much. I may just watch the live feed and keep my sound off if Wilma is still up.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:37 pm

I agree. I think she is working on her artwork to sell online. She is zoning out in Egypt some where.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:38 pm

PeterfromTexas wrote:Add your own!

You know you've watched too much of this trial when....

Your cupboard only contains spaghetti noodles and orange jello and you're wondering how to combine them for a meal.

When you forget to turn on your dishwasher for days in a row.
When you don't bother to walk out to your mailbox for 4 days.
You turn on HLN when your live feeds go down.
(I have more you know)
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:46 pm

Doctor: "Yes, those are symptoms seen in PTSD and OTHER DISORDERS."

Wima quickly changed the topic to avoid Dr. DeMarte discussing all of Jodi's other disorders. rofl

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by samgoodwin Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Wow, Wilma is being a bitch. WTH difference does it make what articles she's read.
samgoodwin
samgoodwin

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:58 pm

Thank you, judge, for cutting their lunch breaks down! Finish the trial!!!

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by PeterfromTexas Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:58 pm

samgoodwin wrote:Thanks for keeping us laughing with the pics, Nite.
Keep them coming! :)

PeterfromTexas

Back to top Go down

Post by NiteSpinR Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:13 pm

A little comedy relief never hurt anyone!

Hodi's whole demeanor has changed dramatically now that someone is testifying with a correct diagnosis on her. She was obviously unable to manipulate this Doctor into believing her lies!
Wilma with her line of questioning appears as nothing more than desperate.
Juan needs a pillow and a nice soft blanky, cause DeMarte's got this under control.
NiteSpinR
NiteSpinR
Tech Support Admin
Tech  Support  Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next