Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haleigh benefit this Sat., 10/17/09, in Austin, Texas

3 posters

Go down

Haleigh benefit this Sat., 10/17/09, in Austin, Texas Empty Haleigh benefit this Sat., 10/17/09, in Austin, Texas

Post by Wrapitup Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:19 am

This benefit is happening in Austin near where I live this Saturday. I cannot attend. Marie and Crystal w/be there. I hope the Austin TV stations televise some of this. The money is being raised for the Haleighbug Center. I DO question WHERE this money w/go. I also wonder if TES and Tim Miller w/be there.

Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Haleigh benefit this Sat., 10/17/09, in Austin, Texas Empty Re: Haleigh benefit this Sat., 10/17/09, in Austin, Texas

Post by CritterFan1 Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:39 am

I have the same questions as you wrap... how is the money spent?? I used to be generous to a fault, trustful. Now i wonder more before i make a donation..
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Haleigh benefit this Sat., 10/17/09, in Austin, Texas Empty Re: Haleigh benefit this Sat., 10/17/09, in Austin, Texas

Post by Guest Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:14 pm

Shortly after the HaLeigh Texas Benefit concert of 17 OCT 2009, I visited Sam Watkin's website to see how the event went. I found it VERY odd where Sam stated: "The best part of the night came all the way from Houston! Mr. Tim Miller from Texas Equusearch drove all the way from Houston, Texas to the Benefit to meet Crystal and Marie. They talked like old friends and made plans to search for Haleigh. Crystal and Marie told us that they had never met Mr. Tim Miller and if it wasn’t for the Benefit, they probably would not have met. Mission accomplished!"
Now, if my child was missing and TX Equusearch was in the area searching for my child, I most surely would be there. I would offer my assistance, clues/descriptions, heartfelt thanks and appreciation for their efforts … I find it VERY strange behavior that bio mother and grand mother were not present during the Tim Miller, Equusearch HaLeigh searches and only recently met him.
Sam Watkins Website link: http://samwatkinscountry.com/Shows_and_Events.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:16 pm

Also, no mention of how much money was raised from the benefit! We have benefits all the time for others, the amount raised is proudly disclosed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:59 pm

Hmmm thinking something is DEF up with Crystal here. I agree
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:23 pm

Time 4 The Children, I thought you may have lived in Texas. And yes, I have wondered the exact same things as you. This benefit actually happened in Bastrop, where I live..I had no clue about it until after the fact. I thought it was going to be in Austin.

And WHERE did the money go? Or should I say the little money they raised? Didn't Watkins say there were only two people that attended? Other than Crystal/Marie/Tim?
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Wrap: I find it odd that there was not enough publicity within the Bastrip area that you would NOT hear about it???? Gosh, around Houston we plaster banners/signs everywhere and have great participation! Some in Florida thought it odd to be held in Texas instead of Florida. Personally, didn't really matter to me where it was held as long as funds were in fact donated as told - to help find missing children and fund TX EQ. I will go to Equusearch site to see what Tim said about the donations, etc. and post later. I sure hope this was not another ploy to get an expense paid vacation ....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:16 pm

I searched the internet prior to this benefit and there was very little about it online. And Nothing that it would be held in Bastrop. Heck, I would have gone even though I moved that day.

So, you live near Houston? No wonder..you most likely have more of an outpouring. I live about 30 miles from Austin in another county and this is basically boon dock land.

I also wondered the same thing..WHY hold it here? And if it was about great bands and all that, I figured that is why it was being held in AUSTIN as it's the live music capitol.

None of this makes sense. Not one spec of it. Sure hope Marie and Crystal had a good time around these parts (insert snark).
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:17 pm

Posted on 09. Nov, 2009 by smckinney in Featured Articles (TES/Texas Equusearch website)
http://texasequusearch.org/2009/11/101709-benefit-concert-for-haleigh-cummings/
11/09/09 – There has been much speculation and many rumors concerning the benefit concert for Haleigh Cummings, which took place on October 17, 2009. Texas EquuSearch was to be the beneficiary of a portion of the proceeds raised by the benefit. While the intentions were very good, the benefit did not raise any money that was donated, as evidenced by the letter below.
(Letter from Sam Watkins to TES summary by me below. Link to actual letter posted below)
Sam Watkins Country that played for the benefit sent a letter dated 10-21-09 and said the family did NOT donate any money. There were NO sales of any kind! Sam Watkins Country paid for everything and still has outstanding balances that will be paid by Sam Watkins Country. Letter may be found at:
http://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads...
(What has Haleighbug Foundation donated to anyone??????????)
********************************************************************* confused
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down