Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

+21
concerned4all
raine1953
jeanne1807
cherylz
misshesitation
lisette
laga
michelle_ellis
mayhem
prayerbone
CritterFan1
Nama
janie
TerryRose
Love4My5boys
Juanita
adelacruz
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
charminglane
Cory
25 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 4 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:24 pm

Yes if anything happened in the car that caused blood splatter on the shoe there would be blood in the car. I might add here if it had been an accident in which a car hit Leah there would be other evidence at the scene where the shoe was found. The DA and LE holding all this information back from Cory and the public does not help solve this case. I want to see some heat on the person that did this by releasing the Autopsy results etc.

Back to top Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 4 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by laga Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Cory, I know you are a strong person to have dealt with all this for so long, the not knowing has to be horrific. Without doubt you are having help from beyond and I truly believe you will see justice for your precious Leah.

I had thought about the blood on the shoe and whether or not is was Leah's. If it was not Leah's blood, there would be a lot of evidence pointing to someone. Hopefully they tested the blood and did not just assume it was Leah's. I can think of a way splatter could be on the bottom of her shoe but it is just another of my supposes trying to match what I know with what might be possible. What if she were NOT dead when placed in trunk, but assumed so. When the trunk was opened to dispose of body a tire iron would be handy there and could cause splatter on the bottom of the shoe if it were not on her foot but in the trunk. Ugghh I hate even typing this. I SOOO hope this doesn't upset you Cory.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:30 am

laga wrote:Cory, I know you are a strong person to have dealt with all this for so long, the not knowing has to be horrific. Without doubt you are having help from beyond and I truly believe you will see justice for your precious Leah.

I had thought about the blood on the shoe and whether or not is was Leah's. If it was not Leah's blood, there would be a lot of evidence pointing to someone. Hopefully they tested the blood and did not just assume it was Leah's. I can think of a way splatter could be on the bottom of her shoe but it is just another of my supposes trying to match what I know with what might be possible. What if she were NOT dead when placed in trunk, but assumed so. When the trunk was opened to dispose of body a tire iron would be handy there and could cause splatter on the bottom of the shoe if it were not on her foot but in the trunk. Ugghh I hate even typing this. I SOOO hope this doesn't upset you Cory.
No laga....seriously, I have thought and heard of so many senerios - some so horriffic I won't even type them (ones I've heard). I know most posters are hesitant on what to say as far as what they think may have happened. Believe me - after nearly ten years I have heard it all. Please everyone....no need to tip toe around me - it's ok. Honestly - I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it. Thank you for trying to spare my feelings. It's all about justice here and I will make it through no matter how rough. Ok.....now back to the blood splatter on the shoe!

I actually thought for a long time that she may have been put in the trunk while still alive. In fact, that was one of the big rumors here was that she was ran over by a car but wasn't killed by that. That she was put in the trunk and then taken to a home in Coos Bay where they shot her up with drugs - they were trying to "fix her" but she wasn't getting any better so they all had to do something to here so not only one would get in trouble or get snitched on.
I suppose your idea with the tire iron could be the case.....but WHERE? Where did this take place? The cemetary? Where her body was found? Where the other shoe was found? She couldn't have been hit while IN the trunk with the tire iron cause there would have been some trace of blood. Even though his trunk was "spotless", had she been hit with a tire iron (or whatever) while IN the trunk they could have found that evidence....what's that called - luminol?? Or something like that.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle_ellis Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:41 am

This entire thing is truly perplexing, but the most telling sign if you ask me is how no-one is defending themself in this case. Typically when a person is falsely accused and their name appears in print in regards to a case like this they do everything they can to clear their name. That being said, not much has been reported on potential suspects until the last few months - so we shall see if there is any reaction.

michelle_ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle_ellis Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:44 am

lindamarie wrote:Michelle your awesome. Thanks for helping Cory get this kind of press coverage. I read the advice and think your right. I hope to get more people to sign it before we send it out. Michelle you write beautifully would you be willing to write the cover letter? This question remains on my mind. If Nick was your Son and questions remained if he was Leahs killer would you not want his name cleared? If he was my Son I would be fighting to get his name cleared. Anyone know how they feel about getting Nicks name cleared?

I will DEFINITELY draft the letter and when we are ready to send it, I want to send copies of the letter and the petition to my press list. In the meantime, I'm going to be including The Oregonian's article in all of my national pitches. Truth be told, I'm not sure if the national media will do much until we get closer to the 10 year anniversary. The petition will get some coverage (local primarily), but it would be best to schedule a press conference on the steps of the Coos County Courthouse and present the letter to the D.A. in person.

michelle_ellis

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:49 am

I will never buy the getting hit by a car scenario and the guys panicking. I know the guys had been doing some recreational drugs, but their minds could not have been that clouded, to try to hide an accident. IMO, this was NOT a young girl that was run over by a car. I hope Michelle is right. Keep the heat turned up!! See what happens!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Oh wow, so many new things posted to think about! I'm not so sure Nick's father got involved. Don't know why....really have no reason other than gut.

That's so interesting, Cory that LE never confirmed with you that it was definitely Leah's blood on her shoe. I had assumed it was, but with the investigation being so tight-lipped, perhaps it wasn't.

Lisette, interesting theory about Leah slipping her shoes off. Taking that one step further, if they were off for any period of time, I wonder if she used one to ward off an attack from Nick. If she smacked him outside the car with one and gave him a nose bleed, that could cause a good splatter on the sole.

Cory, do you know if the area where her body was found was ever a "lovers-lane" kindof area for teens to go? Perhaps the altercation did not start near the cemetery, but rather she got in Nick's car and an argument ensued on the way to a secluded place, or at the secluded place. Perhaps the shoe at the cemetery was more of a, "oh my gosh her other shoe's in here, toss it out quickly" kind of thing.

Lindamarie, I couldn't agree more! Evidence and statements and cause of death....keeping this underwrap is NOT helping to solve this case. Perhaps it would if they were actually DOING something active to solve it but they're NOT!!

mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:44 pm

Ok so when Leah left you Cory all you knew was that she planned to go and see Cheri at 7 ish ?? How do we know for certain nick was picking her up at 9?? Why 9 if she wasn't due home till 11pm? Kids don't normally come home early ...

As far as i can tell the first section i.e cleaning the car, then leaving yours seems all above board...We can safely say they appeared to be in a ok mood, there was a reason for cleaning the car i.e friends had written on it due to graduation etc..
So they drive off from your house without an apparent care in the world, with you expecting her return by 11pm...

So the only question i have, is why do you think he planned to pick her up from Cheri's at 9pm and not 11pm?

Next section soon

Last edited by prayerbone on Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:46 pm

Afternoon and early evening up till 7pm , Video's & dinner at Brents grandparents, time period up till 7pm when Leah's dropped off at 7pm at Cheri's

My first question for the moment....

Is what do we know of Brents girlfriend??? She seemed to of gone under the radar...Her and Leah were close? At one stage their left alone while the boys go for food, so i'm presuming their friends?

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:00 pm

mayhem wrote:Oh wow, so many new things posted to think about! I'm not so sure Nick's father got involved. Don't know why....really have no reason other than gut.

That's so interesting, Cory that LE never confirmed with you that it was definitely Leah's blood on her shoe. I had assumed it was, but with the investigation being so tight-lipped, perhaps it wasn't.

Lisette, interesting theory about Leah slipping her shoes off. Taking that one step further, if they were off for any period of time, I wonder if she used one to ward off an attack from Nick. If she smacked him outside the car with one and gave him a nose bleed, that could cause a good splatter on the sole.

Cory, do you know if the area where her body was found was ever a "lovers-lane" kindof area for teens to go? Perhaps the altercation did not start near the cemetery, but rather she got in Nick's car and an argument ensued on the way to a secluded place, or at the secluded place. Perhaps the shoe at the cemetery was more of a, "oh my gosh her other shoe's in here, toss it out quickly" kind of thing.

Lindamarie, I couldn't agree more! Evidence and statements and cause of death....keeping this underwrap is NOT helping to solve this case. Perhaps it would if they were actually DOING something active to solve it but they're NOT!!

I have learned to go with my gut too Mayhem. All I will say is my gut feeling is different from yours. Don't misunderstand me here....I respect your opinion. I have looked into Bruce's eyes, and it sends a chill up my spine when I think of those eyes. I do not care for him at all.

Yes, near where Leah's body was found (just before there) there is what used to be a big gravel pit. I've understood parties were held there.

No. LE has never confirmed it was Leah's blood on the shoe. Never confirmed it wasn't either. When I say they have told me very little - it is truly VERY LITTLE.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:09 pm

RIDICULOUS this is important information that YOU should know! After all of this time they can't even be kind enough to tell you whose blood was splattered on the shoe sole. I do not know how you keep from going "off" of these people Cory. I admire the hell out of you for your strength.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:47 pm

prayerbone wrote:Ok so when Leah left you Cory all you knew was that she planned to go and see Cheri at 7 ish ?? How do we know for certain nick was picking her up at 9?? Why 9 if she wasn't due home till 11pm? Kids don't normally come home early ...

As far as i can tell the first section i.e cleaning the car, then leaving yours seems all above board...We can safely say they appeared to be in a ok mood, there was a reason for cleaning the car i.e friends had written on it due to graduation etc..
So they drive off from your house without an apparent care in the world, with you expecting her return by 11pm...

So the only question i have, is why do you think he planned to pick her up from Cheri's at 9pm and not 11pm?

Next section soon

ANDY!!!!!!! Where ya been???? Couple Hugging

Um....I don't know how we know "for certain" that he was going to pick her up at 9:00. I don't guess I ever had any reason to doubt that. It would make sense to me for him to pick her up at 9 rather than 11 though, so that they could spend a little time together before she had to be home.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:54 pm

prayerbone wrote:Afternoon and early evening up till 7pm , Video's & dinner at Brents grandparents, time period up till 7pm when Leah's dropped off at 7pm at Cheri's

Is what do we know of Brents girlfriend??? She seemed to of gone under the radar...Her and Leah were close? At one stage their left alone while the boys go for food, so i'm presuming their friends?

I can't even remember Brent's girlfriends name! You are right - she faded out early. No her and Leah were not close. In fact I'd never heard her mention Brent's girlfriend. Weird. I hadn't ever thought of that.....it must have been a bit awkward for Leah to be sitting there with someone she really didn't know that well (aparently a bit older too) while they went to get food. Leah wouldn't be comfortable with that.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:56 pm

CritterFan1 wrote:RIDICULOUS this is important information that YOU should know! After all of this time they can't even be kind enough to tell you whose blood was splattered on the shoe sole. I do not know how you keep from going "off" of these people Cory. I admire the hell out of you for your strength.

Trust me Critter!! I HAVE GONE OFF!!!!! (verbally of course!!)
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:36 am

Ok folks time for me to be the HEADMASTER hahaha, i wanted to address the day in sections....

Soooooooooo
before we move off on different enquires are we all happy this section

((Afternoon hours of 6/28/00-

NM and LF and LF spent time at LF's home located at 1173 Knott Street, Coquille, OR 97423 cleaning NM's car,its graduation and theres some writing on the car to the effect of "2000 rock" etc ...Car is a '67 blue Mustang
LF/NM leave ..Cory as stated as its not a school night ,LF is allowed out to 11pm..They pick up BB, then to NM's home at 56246 Baker Road for videos
They travel to BB's grandparents (who are on holiday) home at 2008 North Fir to watch the video..
NM/BB leave to pick up food, they come back and they eat...
In one affidavit it seems BB's girlfriend was also at the home < Unnamed GF, we have no info at all about this young lady ..))

No obvious clues??? :scratch:

Last edited by prayerbone on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:42 am

I think firstly we can shoot down the arguement that he was concerned about gas leaking that day, he did a lot of driving around, and it didn't seem to be a concern till Leah went missing

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:43 am

Cory wrote:
prayerbone wrote:Afternoon and early evening up till 7pm , Video's & dinner at Brents grandparents, time period up till 7pm when Leah's dropped off at 7pm at Cheri's

I can't even remember Brent's girlfriends name! You are right - she faded out early. No her and Leah were not close. In fact I'd never heard her mention Brent's girlfriend. Weird. I hadn't ever thought of that.....it must have been a bit awkward for Leah to be sitting there with someone she really didn't know that well (aparently a bit older too) while they went to get food. Leah wouldn't be comfortable with that.
What I would give to talk to Brent's girlfriend. they would have sat and talked to each other while waiting for the guys. She might have an idea if NM and LF. Cory, did you ever hear that she was interviewed by LE back then? Never too late to ask her questions.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:13 pm

by prayerbone Today at 10:42 am

I think firstly we can shoot down the arguement that he was concerned about gas leaking that day, he did a lot of driving around, and it didn't seem to be a concern till Leah went missing

Hello Hello Andy!! Man it's nice to see ya buddy!! peace

Good point about the Gas Leaking. Why did he NOT care about it during the day with all the running around her did and even drove out to the pond to smoke pot, one would think when driving 5 miles out of town, you wouldn't want to be driving a car that is leaking gas!! RIGHT? :idk:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:34 pm

This might be better answered by michelle. Why has the media not demanded more answers from the DA or LE? Has anyone asked them specifics about the case that you know of Cory?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:27 am

Cory have you asked the DA or LE who's blood was on Leah shoe? Did you say high velocity blood splatter? I can't remember.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:50 am

lindamarie wrote:Cory have you asked the DA or LE who's blood was on Leah shoe? Did you say high velocity blood splatter? I can't remember.

LM...It does me no good to ask LE anything - and the DA?? Same. You have heard how he treats me! I believe it says medium to high velocity blood splatter.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:55 am

I had to ask as I am researching how that could have happened. It was on the bottom of Leahs shoe correct? I think the media is the ones that need to put on the pressure and ask the tough questions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:20 am

lindamarie wrote:I had to ask as I am researching how that could have happened. It was on the bottom of Leahs shoe correct? I think the media is the ones that need to put on the pressure and ask the tough questions.

Oh I know! Sorry! I didn't mean to sound snotty!!! Yes, the bottom of Leah's shoe. I think you are right about the media needing to be the ones that put that questions to the DA and LE.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:24 am

I am looking through those documents again. I can't find the one that talks about Leah shoe. I have a couple of questions. Who is Leslie Ann Bartley and what sheepskin with stain was taken. There is also scribbled handwritten note about a quilt that was taken. Do we know who's purple woman’s sweatshirt it was the LE took from Nicks bedroom? One more question. Why did LE not take the mustang in to be searched like they did the family car?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:32 am

I see where they requested the search warrant for the mustang but see no proof it was searched.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:52 am

lindamarie wrote:I am looking through those documents again. I can't find the one that talks about Leah shoe. I have a couple of questions. Who is Leslie Ann Bartley and what sheepskin with stain was taken. There is also scribbled handwritten note about a quilt that was taken. Do we know who's purple woman’s sweatshirt it was the LE took from Nicks bedroom? One more question. Why did LE not take the mustang in to be searched like they did the family car?

Leslie Ann Bartley is Brent's mother. The Haga's daughter - hence - Brent is the grandson of the Haga's. I don't know about the sheepdkin or quilt. I am not positive but (this is kinda sad to me) but I think the purple woman's sweatshirt was my Mom's. My Mom and Leah were about the same size. They did take the mustang in to be searched. They took the mustang before the thunderbird.

I'll look for the docs on the shoe.....
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:56 am

cory I am sorry for bringing up sad and painful things. In trying to see what we have missed or what we can do I had these questions on my mind. I love the new look of Leahs site.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:18 pm

Impact spatters: greater the force, the smaller the droplet of blood. Using the terminology of 'force' instead of 'velocity'. 'Low Velocity' is gravity. 'Medium velocity' is a beating, hammer, baseball bat. 'High velocity' is gunshot or explosion. 25.1 ft per second, low velocity. High velocity is greater than 100 ft per sec. Medium velocity is anything between 25.1 ft and 100 ft per second. Current terminology is 'low, medium and high force' as force causes the impact, velocity is the speed the drops fly away from the surface.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - I think this is what you are looking for???

Do NOT be sorry LM........this is what we have to do.

I apologize if I seem a bit distracted......I heard a few hours ago that a 31 year old woman from the Fairview area is missing. Remember, Fairview is the area in which Leah's body was found. I can't seem to get any information. My niece said she heard it on the news this morning but I haven't heard a word on there.?? Makes me nervous. IDK?
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:46 pm

cory I did a search on the woman from Fairview that is missing. I came up with nothing. Let me know if there is a local link that has not been posted on the web yet. the only way high velocity blood spatter could get on the bottom of Leah shoes meant the shoe was upside down or Leah was face down. This is really hard to think about.
crying
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is what I found on the girl missing from Fairview.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:09 pm

OH NO a women missing from Fairview? OMG, Cory, I hope we get an article to post ASAP!!! This is scary!! affraid
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:10 pm

This is so weird......why isn't KCBY (our local station) reporting this??? Where is KMTR? Portland??
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:13 pm

The Coos County Search and Rescue Team is looking for a 31-year-old Coquille woman who went missing Monday under suspicious circumstances.

Jayme Austin called her mother, Cindy Gisholt, who was at work Monday morning and told her she didn’t have any water at her home, 59288 Fairview Road. She asked to go to her mother’s place to take a shower before going to work in Coos Bay. At noon, Gisholt got a call from Austin’s employer, who said Austin never showed up for work. Gisholt went home and found her daughter’s car parked outside her residence, 59376 Fairview Road, but Austin was not there, nor at her home down the road.

Deputies responded and activated the Coos County Major Crime Team. Officers and crime lab workers inspected both Gisholt’s and Austin’s homes, and spoke with neighbors.

Austin is described as Caucasian, 5 feet 6 inches tall, weighing 135 to 150 pounds.

Anyone with information about Austin can call the Coos County Sheriff’s Office at 396-3121, ext. 371, or Coos County dispatchers at 396-2106.

Found it!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:30 pm

Lindamarie, I started a new thread in the Lounge as well. Home that is ok!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:34 pm

Yes perfect.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:32 pm

We are the Cold Case Cowboys... Tom Hall, Syd Boyle, Al Olson and Lee Tyler. Our cold case squad was formed in December of 2002. "Cold Case Cowboys" is not just a "catchy" name. We are Retired Police Officers who make up a Volunteer Cold Case Squad investigating old homicides. Although we are volunteers, we are sworn officers who work Tuesdays and Wednesday of each week doing real police work for a good cause; solving old murders, bringing some measure of justice to victims families and helping other agencies form similar volunteer squads. We hope that we can serve as a model of how "retired human resources" (experienced retired officers) can help lighten the burden in many more communities by volunteering their time and years of experience. This project is a way for us to give something back to the community and to this country. We have already inspired the formation of several similar volunteer squads throughout the country. We offer a workshop to any other law enforcement agency that is interested in forming their own. More information can be found under workshops.

Because of our success and unique "make-up", (volunteer retired police officers), we have been the subject of a great deal of media attention. We have been pictorially featured on the front page of The News Review (Roseburg, OR) 5-6 times and appeared as a story in the paper 10 times. Some of the stories have been picked up by the wire services and re-printed in papers all over the country. On January 29,2004, we were on the front page of the LA Times. This created a firestorm of national interest in our squad. Since then we have appeared in numerous TV interviews and were aired nationally on Fox News. We have also granted radio interviews in 2 foreign countries, Canada and England. A&E's "Cold Case Files" has filmed a program about our first case which has now aired several times since July, 2004. Our appearance on NBC's "Dateline" with Stone Phillips, filmed here in Roseburg, OR, aired on January 29, 2006. All of this has been a little overwhelming, but if it helps get our message out to any other agencies that may want to form their own voluntary cold case squad, then it has served a useful purpose.

JURISDICTION
Although we are known as the Cold Case Cowboys, we are the Cold Case Squad of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office in Roseburg, OR. Because we are sworn officers of the DCSO, we can only investigate crimes which fall under the jurisdiction of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. In other words, we can only investigate cases happening within Douglas Count, OR.
We hope to be able to use these pages, in the future, to enlist the assistance of other retired officers when we have leads to run down or interviews to be conducted in other parts of the country. If you have a cold case that you would like to have re-opened, you may contact us and we will provide you with some information that may be helpful in getting "your" case re-opened.

Cold Case Cowboys E-mail address: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Please also refer to contact information under Case #3.

It is important that you know and understand the

JURISDICTION FOR INVESTIGATIONS

before contacting us.

Mailing address:
P.O. Box 1144
Sutherlin, OR 97479
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:42 pm

Ha! I talked to Syd Boyle(mentioned above) on the phone back in (I think) 2004. I asked him about Leah's case. He said they (at that time anyway) only worked the Douglas County area murders. In the past I have accused LE of refusing help from outside agencies. They say they have not refused any help. Hmmm. Syd Boyle would surely tell ya differently I would imagine. The way I undestood it was he came here and tried to get Coos County to get a cold case team together - obviously to no avail. This is the very thing I was talking about so many years ago......But LE would tell you that is not true!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:52 pm

Wow. You have tried everything I can think of. I wonder what Mr Boyle would say to a reporter about his offer to help put together their own cold case team. I don't like that these public servants think they don't have to answer to anyone.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:44 pm

The blood on the bottom of the trainer (what we call sports shoes) is odd, what i'd give to know whos blood...If it wasn't Leah's, i wonder if a person kicked out at ,would that be powerful enough to create medium to high velocity pattern..Would tie in with the shoe falling off...

Linda can't remember where i read it, but i'm 90% sure the parents car was taking in weeks later, i'll check

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:07 pm

I know prayerbone by the time the cars were taken in for to look for evidence there was plenty of time to clean them up and strip the trunk of the mustang liner etc.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:08 pm

This is the search warrant for the Thunderbird on the 28 of July, a month later grrrrrrrrrrrr

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:10 pm

Heres the next section!!

7pm-
NM takes LF to SM's home 444 ½ Elm Street...We are told by Cory he was schelduled to return and pick Leah up around 9.00 pm..

7-9pm-NM States he drove around town then to the Haga residents then Fast Marts then drove to pick Leah up.. But 3 male friends report meeting with NM and smoking marijuana at Johnson Mill Pond. He was driving the blue Mustang. (Note: Later in the evening they saw him again driving a maroon Thunderbird his parents car.)
NM indicates to the group hes going to pick Leah up

7.00-9pm
LF wants to go jogging with SM, SM's mother denies request and there is a shouting match between mother/daughter, within hearing range of LF...

The questions raised in the forum about the timing/reason of jog , have been cleared up by Cory's talk with SM : FACT They wanted to go for JUST a jog and it was no ruse to go somewhere ..
The questions raised in the forum about going for a jog so close to Leah's lift : FACT The arguement between SM and her mother went on till close to 9 , but they had requested to jog earlier..

Anything obvious???

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:26 pm

I'm totally unsure about this section ; I guess i have to remember the pdf's are only rough sketches, but they seem to imply they wanted to run around 8.45-9...That Cory as looked in Cheri's eyes and been told 1)they wanted to run earlier, 2) there were no hidden agenda as far as SHE knew , we have to believe what Cheri told Cory...

One point i know on the other forum ,it being dark was mention for the reason they couldn't go for a run..If it was that dark wouldn't Cheri's mother be concerned about Leah walking home alone? The facts are the police record, clearly state its started to get dark from 9.45, way after they would of returned from a jog i presume..

Last edited by prayerbone on Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:37 pm

In my wildest dreams I cannot imagine what Cheri's mom was thinking when she allowed Leah to walk home alone, in the dark!!!!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:56 pm

It wasn't dark thats my point Critter!! She left at 9pm it didnt start to get dark till 9.45 pm

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:20 pm

HEY... I need your attention PLEASE!! can I get your guys to go over to the Missing Jayme Austin thread in the Missing persons section ASAP for a little announcement PLEASE!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:26 pm

Sure, Mommy.

And, I just heard NG may be discussing Leah tonight?????
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:51 am

prayerbone wrote:This is the search warrant for the Thunderbird on the 28 of July, a month later grrrrrrrrrrrr

I think this is why the Grand Jury never met again after Leah was found. Not enough evidence thanks to LE dragging their feet in gathering evidence. I think the Grand Jury knew LE made some mistakes that would make it impossible to convict the person everything was pointing to. Some say it was because evidence pointed away from Nick. I doubt it because if they had any evidence that would have cleared Nick the public would know about it. I keep coming back to the same questions in my mind. Why is Nick and his family not pushing for this investigation to go forward to clear Nick of suspicion? Why did LE let weeks go by before they took the cars Nick was driving in to check for evidence? I don't believe Leah had any history for LE to believe anything other than foul play in her disappearance. Those cars should have been taken in right away. I plan on researching gas leaks in Mustangs to figure out if a gas leak would cause an owner to strip the trunk of everything right down to the liner. With all the research I am doing I have every intention of printing it out and sending it to the local media as well as NG. Again I am asking for help in researching other missing young Women and unsolved murders in that same area to see just how effective LE is handling these kind of cases. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:00 am

My breaking down the day, asn't actually gone as planned, but i think it at least gets us talking which is GREAT...

So with that said, i want to talk about the one part of the day that strikes me as the most odd..

Nick going back to Cheri's at 10.15 ish, makes NO sense, i'm sorry to be blunt but its a pointless visit...

LET me be very clear here, HE as gone to Cheri's at 9pm missed Leah, gone driving around looking for her,he returns to Cheri's at 10.15 a whole 75 MINS later he NEVER once goes to check where her destination was Corys house

Why does he not go to Corys? It makes not one jot of sense to go back to cheri's and say i can't find her, without going to the place she was most likely to be found this is a massive hole in Nicks story...

What his he hiding about that night, did he know she was going somewhere else??

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:08 am

I want to make this clearer to everyone to stress how strange this is...

Think of ur most beloved person walking home, now think of someone who loved them saying to you : i went looking them for 75 mins, but i never once checked their destination, but i did return to where they last were...

Members of this forum, How does Nick know shes still missing when he returns to Cheri's, if he never checked with her destination ??

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next