Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

+21
concerned4all
raine1953
jeanne1807
cherylz
misshesitation
lisette
laga
michelle_ellis
mayhem
prayerbone
CritterFan1
Nama
janie
TerryRose
Love4My5boys
Juanita
adelacruz
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
charminglane
Cory
25 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 5 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:08 am

I want to make this clearer to everyone to stress how strange this is...

Think of ur most beloved person walking home, now think of someone who loved them saying to you : i went looking them for 75 mins, but i never once checked their destination, but i did return to where they last were...

Members of this forum, How does Nick know shes still missing when he returns to Cheri's, if he never checked with her destination ??

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 5 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:12 am

It really leaves three likely outcomes..

Nick didnt really give a shit, and though oh well she will turn up

Nick was involved, or knew who was involved in the death of Leah

Nick didnt check Cory's because he knew Leah wasn't going to Cory's

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:12 am

prayerbone wrote:I want to make this clearer to everyone to stress how strange this is...

Think of ur most beloved person walking home, now think of someone who loved them saying to you : i went looking them for 75 mins, but i never once checked their destination, but i did return to where they last were...

Members of this forum, How does Nick know shes still missing when he returns to Cheri's, if he never checked with her destination ??

Prayerbone......In my opinion the answer is clear. He knows she is still missing because he did see her around 9:00. What other answer could there be???
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:14 am

prayerbone wrote:It really leaves three likely outcomes..

Nick didnt really give a shit, and though oh well she will turn up

Nick was involved, or knew who was involved in the death of Leah

Nick didnt check Cory's because he knew Leah wasn't going to Cory's

He knew exactly where she was going......HOME.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:04 am

Cory u can call me Andy dancing

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:05 am

Maybe fitting in the car change, didn't leave him with much time to come to urs ;-) ..I notices Cheri's is closer to his house when he returns from the car change :scratch:

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:10 am

Maybe she wasn't going home. Maybe she was headed back to Haga's home thinking Nick would be there. It was only 9pm, I know I wouldn't go home early.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:13 am

Jordan wrote:Maybe she wasn't going home. Maybe she was headed back to Haga's home thinking Nick would be there. It was only 9pm, I know I wouldn't go home early.

She was GOING HOME! She was 15 years old.....I know of absolutely no 15 year old who would even think of going to a "party" ALONE??? How about you Jordan? Would you have gone to a party alone at the age of 15?
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:15 am

Yeah, probably. I just know I wouldn't go home before I had to, didn't you say she was to be home at 11pm. Just a thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:17 am

Really? Well, YOU aren't Leah. And just what is it you would do? Walk up that long driveway all by your little self? Not knowing exactly who would be there? Really? At 15 huh?
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:21 am

You are thinking as a mother. As a young person myself, we think we are invincable. I'm not disagreeing with you all, just a thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:23 am

I also know when I was 15 I would do or go anywhere if my BF was to be there.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:26 am

Oh really? Cause Leah had rules to go by.

Are you from the area here Jordan?

I am thinking as a Mother? Not just ANY mother Jordan....LEAH'S mother.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:30 am

Don't want to upset you, just a thought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:35 am

I'm not upset. But it does appear you are insinuating she was not going home.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:57 am

The thing is Jordan she had no reason to walk anywhere if she was going else where, Nick was coming for her at 9pm, so if she wanted to go anywhere other then home why walk makes no sense....

I don't disagree with you teenagers like to stay out to the last min, but teenagers dont normally walk when theres a lift...

Walking home makes sense. against walking somewhere when you know if you sit and wait FIVE mins a lifts coming

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:21 pm

prayerbone wrote:The thing is Jordan she had no reason to walk anywhere if she was going else where, Nick was coming for her at 9pm, so if she wanted to go anywhere other then home why walk makes no sense....

I don't disagree with you teenagers like to stay out to the last min, but teenagers dont normally walk when theres a lift...

Walking home makes sense. against walking somewhere when you know if you sit and wait FIVE mins a lifts coming

Exactly what I am thinking. If I had a boyfriend with a car I would not be walking any where. I believe the plan was for Leah to meet up with Nick. Maybe Nick was late so Leah was heading home. No where else for her to go other than home.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:45 pm

I know Cory as stated very clearly she believes Leah was walking home, and i tend to agree..The route Leah took was one that took her home...

Was Leah going home if Nick had picked her up at 9pm ? Maybe not but i think then were in a differen scenario....

Leah walkin elsewhere is NOT the question if you ask me, that she decided to walk home 5 mins before a lift IS

Last edited by prayerbone on Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:49 pm

Nick wasn't late Linda, not really 5 mins max?? Leah left early, one reason put forward because she didnt like the arguement she heard between Cheri and her mother..

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:53 pm

The bottom line of this case is Leah decided to leave Cheri's before her lift, she was seen walking home, the witnesses state she was walking along central in what appeared on route to her own home..

Basically bottom line she was picked up by a random killer , by local groups and it got out of control, Nick see's her as he drives up Central...

I really can't see any other scenarios

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Jordan wrote:I also know when I was 15 I would do or go anywhere if my BF was to be there.

She had no reason to think her BF was anywhere other then coming to pick her up at 9pm so why walk b4 then ? If Nick had never turnt up i could maybe buy into Leah getting some info and determined to go and find him, but he did turn up as planned so once again why leave b4 the lift??

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:18 pm

One last post...

Something struck me tonight, the police knew Leah's route home, theres no doubt they would of checked that route to find any blood or evidences ?

As far as we know nothing was found on central,point towards Leah getting into a car voluntarily??

Last edited by prayerbone on Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:19 pm

Jordan wrote:You are thinking as a mother. As a young person myself, we think we are invincable. I'm not disagreeing with you all, just a thought.

I dont know about you obviously, but at 15 if i was alone, i would not have been walking ANYWHERE but home...I would have been going to the only place i felt safe. So to be fair, even if you're sure you are right, you are probably just as wrong since Cory is sure of her daughters personality, which is that Leah would have been going home.

Im only 20 myself, so 5 short years ago i can definitely remember what i was like, and my friends as well. NOBODY at the age of 15 wants to go anywhere public by themselves, teenage girls are social creatures, and if we're going ANYWHERE but home, we have other people with us.

So i stand by the assessment she was definitely going home. Besides, 2 hours isnt alot of time to do anything all that fun. Home would have seemed like the best option to me, most definitely.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:51 pm

prayerbone wrote:Nick wasn't late Linda, not really 5 mins max?? Leah left early, one reason put forward because she didnt like the arguement she heard between Cheri and her mother..

Good point. It makes perfect sense that Leah left early due to the argument between Cheri and her Mom about the jog. I am going by information I read that Nick and Leah were suppose to meet up about 9. Do I think she went looking for him? The answer is no. I think he found Leah walking from Cheri's to her home. Jordan do you live in that area? Do you know something we don't?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:30 pm

Thats right Linda, as far as we know (and lets be frank theres a few ifs) Cory was told that Cheri's mother disliked her daughter runing with Leah, due to the fact that Nick always turnt up, and it left Cheri walking/joggin home on her own...

If this was the basis of the arguement between Cheri and her mother, and Leah over heard, Cory stated that would of been enough to make her leave early...

It remains unanswered why she didnt wait outside for him, but the facts point clearly that she was walkin up Central safely at the time Nick arrived to pick her up...

I think using logic it really leaves us with 2 options

1) She thought Nick would see her walking
2) She didnt want Nick to pick her up

There are NO DOUBTS that nothing happened to Leah till at least 9.15 the last time she was seen...

Nick left Cheri's looking for Leah around 9.05 ish, that as him driving up Central the exact time shes last seen on it...

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:37 pm

It would of really cleared things up, if Nick had been asked on his poly test if he had commited something unrelated to Leah on that night...

Because the only reason that i can see for Nick not being involved, and being so unhelpful to solve it, is if he was involved in something that was seriously criminal i.e drugs etc that made it impossible to be totally transparent with the Police..

PS and i cant see it being the weed at the pond

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Even though they had a some what turbulent relationship I never read anything that indicated they were not getting a long that day. Which means Leah figured Nick would find her walking home as he planned to pick her back up. I believe Laga has the theory this could have been an accident like Nick hitting her with the car while he was under the influence marijuana and possibly alcohol. Because he was under the influence he decided to try and cover up the crime rather than report it???
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi Linda , the only thing i've read about that day, is that Leah's sister said Nick stated they had argued, and also something about him being pissed he wasn't invited to Cheri's too ..

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:05 pm

If they argued would Leah have wanted to see Nick that night? So if that is the case Leah was calling it a night and going home. I see that now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:11 pm

lindamarie wrote:If they argued would Leah have wanted to see Nick that night? So if that is the case Leah was calling it a night and going home. I see that now.

;) good
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:25 pm

prayerbone wrote:Cory u can call me Andy dancing

Just where the heck have you been??? Thought you deserted us!!! dancing
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:35 pm

lindamarie wrote:If they argued would Leah have wanted to see Nick that night? So if that is the case Leah was calling it a night and going home. I see that now.

I would say no. She would not have wanted to see Nick. When they would argue, she would stomp off. Wanted to be alone. I think she was somewhat fearful of his temper. At least one of her friends can vouch for that......remember the PI reports? Of course you don't . They were never posted on her website - but they do exist, and a few of her friends told how he treated her (amongst a few other little tidbits that I cannot reveal -)
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:46 pm

I think the reason she left before the pick-up at 9 was not because of the argument between her friend and friend's mother BUT because she didn't want to see bf. I think that may be the reason she wanted to go for a jog, to avoid him and have a private talk with her friend. Someone stated she may have been pregnant, which Cory says she doesn't believe. I am wondering if maybe they were not yet intimate and he was pressuring her??????? That doesn't really matter if that had been or not previously, he could still have been pressuring her. Yes, I did theorize an "accident" with the car, but by no means do I think it was an accident in the true sense of the word. IF her death did involve THE car it was because of wreckless act/acts by the bf I have no doubt.

Prayerbone above stated there were only a few scenerios he could think of, I agree. The only problem with all other scenerios than the one I believe true, is they do not explain the actions of boyfriend that night and after.... Looking all over for her, everywhere except her home where she was headed, swapping cars, the trunk,
lies (claiming to see light on in her room when that was not possible), polygraph failed.........

Long ago when I first read about this case here, I drew the same conclusions I still maintain. Long before I really knew what Cory feels is true, I believed the same. Knowing now what Cory believes only cements it in stone for me. Even if the police messed up back then, there must be a way to gather enough evidence to prosecute.Where is justice????????

If the bf who claimed somewhere Leah was "the love of his life" and he still suffers (ugh) why isn't he and hasn't he for 9 years, been not only trying to clear his name but trying to find a murderer? Is he looking on the golf courses with OJ?
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:05 pm

:face: Love the last line there laga!!!! Not that this is funny, but I did get a chuckle outta that!!
Actually your last paragraph is perfect!! This is what I have asked all along.....Why, if he is so damn innocent, has he not tried to clear his name? Why not try to help find the SOB that is making him look like the guilty one here? Believe it.....He knows how I feel. He knows I think he is responsible. He knows the documents are up on her site. Would you want that on your shoulders? .......I would so be proclaiming my innocense - my ass would be on the mothers doorstep DAILY. Makes no sense to me whatsoever why he just "went away".
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: What have we missed , a new look
by Sassybtsweet Yesterday at 2:19 pm

Jordan wrote:
You are thinking as a mother. As a young person myself, we think we are invincable. I'm not disagreeing with you all, just a thought.

I dont know about you obviously, but at 15 if i was alone, i would not have been walking ANYWHERE but home...I would have been going to the only place i felt safe. So to be fair, even if you're sure you are right, you are probably just as wrong since Cory is sure of her daughters personality, which is that Leah would have been going home.

Im only 20 myself, so 5 short years ago i can definitely remember what i was like, and my friends as well. NOBODY at the age of 15 wants to go anywhere public by themselves, teenage girls are social creatures, and if we're going ANYWHERE but home, we have other people with us.

So i stand by the assessment she was definitely going home. Besides, 2 hours isnt alot of time to do anything all that fun. Home would have seemed like the best option to me, most definitely.

I want to mention once again, that you can even see from my Google maps I created a while back [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Looking at the 3rd Map on this link, you can see how far away the Haga residence is, and how dense the foliage is on the route to that house.. I do NOT see a 15 yr. Old walking top that house ALONE.. and if she was in fact walking to the Haga's house., why would she walk up Elm if she wanted to be seen by NM? Wouldn't she walk up the street that leads to their house??

I feel like the shoe on elm, could have been where a struggle took place, and this is Theory ONLY and JMO, that perhaps NM ran into Leah at the corner of Elm and Central... Leah crossed the street to initially get into the Car... NM appears angry that she wasn't waiting for him at Cheryl's and that he had to go find her... she decides NOT to get in the car and starts walking up Elm.. this makes him more angry as, now he has to follow her and beg her to get in his car.. then... we just don't know????
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:19 pm

Warm hello!!

Leah was most certainly heading home.

It breaks my heart that the argument between Cheri and her mom may have made Leah feel "uncomfortable and momentarily unwelcome". She must have felt that she needed to go. Let's face it, she may have not even BEEN AWARE of what time it was when she started walking. Leah may have been so rattled by the argument that she just needed to leave. Maybe she wasn't trying to "avoid" Nick....maybe she was just trying to avoid the argument.

If this is the case, and she wasn't trying to avoid Nick, then she willingly went into his car that night. I'm not yet sold on Nick's car hitting her because it seemed like there were so many witnesses that night!

I'm leaning towards her getting into his car willingly and something going wrong within a very short drive.

mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:51 pm

mayhem I believe the same thing. Your right hearing Cheri argue with her Mom, feeling unwelcome. That is heart breaking. OMG cory I am so sorry this has to be rehashed over and over again for you. Another reason it is time for a cold case team to have a look. This is torture. The not knowing what happened. After this length of time you deserve answers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:54 pm

mayhem wrote:Warm hello!!

Leah was most certainly heading home.

It breaks my heart that the argument between Cheri and her mom may have made Leah feel "uncomfortable and momentarily unwelcome". She must have felt that she needed to go. Let's face it, she may have not even BEEN AWARE of what time it was when she started walking. Leah may have been so rattled by the argument that she just needed to leave. Maybe she wasn't trying to "avoid" Nick....maybe she was just trying to avoid the argument.

If this is the case, and she wasn't trying to avoid Nick, then she willingly went into his car that night. I'm not yet sold on Nick's car hitting her because it seemed like there were so many witnesses that night!

I'm leaning towards her getting into his car willingly and something going wrong within a very short drive.

I am certain that Cheri's mom has kicked herself in the arse more than once over this. Can you imagine?

If Leah knew Nick was high - she would have tried to avoid him. I think she was probably trying to avoid both situations.

The thing is Mayhem, although many saw Leah walking and looking angry, to the best of my knowledge noone saw her after the Credit Union. The way I had always understood it was she hadn't made it past the Fairview turnoff(if even that far). But I now believe otherwise. I do believe she made it to the High School and crossed the street where Nick was waiting for her. JMO.

I don't know about a short drive. One shoe was left there at the cemetary - across from the High School. IF she got in the car with him I highly doubt it was at her willingness. Could be wrong??
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:01 pm

The shoe being off and in the road indicates a struggle for sure. It is not clear when that struggle took place right? Maybe she was trying to get out of his car at that point. Some times you can't tell how high a person is at first glance. I just don't know cory. I wonder if we ever will know that. You knew Leah better than anyone else and I trust your instincts about this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:21 pm

The shoe being found at the cemetary has always bothered me. I agree with LM, there had to have been a struggle of some sort. No girl would willingly leave a shoe behind. I think Nick was wasted that night and in a foul state of mind.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:05 pm

My friends, you are probably correct that there was a struggle right there. I just kept thinking about the shoe near the cemetery, specifically:
1) no blood
2) was not found by police (being brought in days later by a local) so we don't know where specifically it was found.

So I kept thinking that it was possible it was tossed out after the fact. But I agree with Lindamarie, Cory, your instincts are much more acute, and I bend towards your feelings on this one!

Critter, so true, no girl would willingly leave a shoe behind!! I wish that shoe had been found sooner, untouched and photographed.

I wish, too that we could get a glimpse into the police interviews to find out specifically what movies these kids watched that evening. I don't know why that's eating at me....but I'd really like to know!! I wonder if Cheri knows.

mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:08 pm

IMO Cheri should be interviewed by the new DA, she might shed some light on something from that night, anything she could remember would help! She has had years to go over the events in her mind.
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:46 am

I thought there high velocity blood splatter on the bottom of that shoe?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:52 am

lindamarie wrote:I thought there high velocity blood splatter on the bottom of that shoe?

No. The second shoe had the blood splatter on it. The one found up on Hudson Ridge.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:16 pm

No. The second shoe had the blood splatter on it. The one found up on Hudson Ridge.
I am going to make a map of Hudson Rige, I am also curious about the distance between the 2nd shoe and where her body was found. Cory, can you PM or text me what road Hudson Ridge is off of! ❤
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:30 pm

I don't know where prayerbone has been but I am so glad you started this thread. The other one got so long that important facts and information became a blur to me. It would be great to have a map mommy. Thanks. I am re-thinking this now that I understand the first shoe had no blood and the second one did. It sounds like she was forced in the car to me based on that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:41 pm

mommyof3kids wrote:
I am going to make a map of Hudson Rige, I am also curious about the distance between the 2nd shoe and where her body was found. Cory, can you PM or text me what road Hudson Ridge is off of! ❤

I don't know what the name of that road is where when you reach 4 corners and take a right. But it is off that road.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:21 pm

Wow, there are soooo many logging roads in this area, there really is no way of telling where this Hudson Ridge location is. So I am just going to post an image of where Four Corners is on Fairview. I will also post some other maps of roads in that area, just so you all get an idea of just how dense the forest is out there and see all the logging RoadsNick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 5 Fairvi12
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:42 pm

Thanks Mommy!

mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Your welcome Mayhem, I only wish I had a better idea of where Hudson Ridge is. I will try and see if I can find anything else on Google.
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:41 pm

Something I find interesting is from reading the article in the paper that was posted. If I misunderstood it or have it wrong, please forgive me. It's interesting to me that it is says Cory called him the next morning to ask where Leah was and his response was something to the effect of - didn't she come home last night? Could mean absolutely nothing at all, but myself, if I someone called me and asked me that and I supposedly thought they had made it home and supposedly saw her light on and again thought she made it home my response wouldn't be didn't she come home last night - my first thought and therefore what I would say would maybe be something like - "I haven't seen her this morning, did she maybe decide to go on a walk after she got up?" Something to that effect. If I truly thought she had been home I would have no reason than to think that she had went somewhere that morning, if that makes any sense :scratch: Like I said, very possibly means nothing, but seems suspicious to me..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next