Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

+21
concerned4all
raine1953
jeanne1807
cherylz
misshesitation
lisette
laga
michelle_ellis
mayhem
prayerbone
CritterFan1
Nama
janie
TerryRose
Love4My5boys
Juanita
adelacruz
Wrapitup
mommyof3kids
charminglane
Cory
25 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 12 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by charminglane Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:12 pm

It's just a way for them to find out any info. Go get them before they get YOU.

charminglane

Back to top Go down

Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman - Page 12 Empty Re: Nick McGuffin will go on trial in May 2011 for the murder of Leah Freeman

Post by Cory Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:32 pm

Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Wow. Seems a bit odd to me that 10 years later they would want to help. LOL! These people are NUTS! I think you're right though Charming. The only thing they don't realize is it doesn't change what evidence LE has. I'll bet he is crying like the big freakin' baby he is. a fit He'll think cry when he gets to the "big house". Just think of all the fun the big boys like Bubba will have with "pretty boy"!! It's called karma!!! YEAH!!!!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:22 pm

I think his parents helped him a lot 10 years ago by helping to destroy evidence. Not a lot they can do now if new evidence has been found and someone is changing their story because
they have matured
I wonder who is talking?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:07 am

by Cory Yesterday at 6:45 pm

LOL!! That must be a typo!! I can't imaging "the boyfriend and his family" going to LE saying they wished to clear their son's name and wanted to cooperate and help in their investigation!!! What a freakin' joke! TEN YEARS LATER AND THEY WANT TO HELP???!!!!! A little late to save his ass now isn't it??
I agree :me to: pick in ROFLMAO ROFLMAO

Also, I did NOT know the family had a huge Bon Fire Party the day after Leah went missing.. That to me is MAJORLY Suspicious!!! WTF
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:12 am

LM, I too wonder who has finally grown up and come forward! Bravo for them! :clapping: Only wish they wouldn't have been too scared to come forward 10 years ago. It\\'s Not Fair
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:34 am

I am hoping there is some broken glass from a headlight or something from that trunk(fibers?)that they can now test forensically.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Oh, I'm thinking they have more than broken glass!!!

And yes!! Isn't the Bon Fire an interesting little tid bit Mommy?? Hmmm........
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:54 pm

How did I miss a bon fire? Is it upthread and I missed it? How interesting is that?

Last edited by lindamarie on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:24 pm

Oh, I'm thinking they have more than broken glass!!!
ME TOO!!!!!!

And yes!! Isn't the Bon Fire an interesting little tid bit Mommy?? Hmmm........

I swear some people have no idea how their actions that took place 10 yrs ago, can come back to bite them in the BUTT!! wink

Oh and LM, it was said in the Nancy Grace Article!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Police also learned from neighbors that the family held a bonfire in their yard the day after Leah disappeared.
Wow I need to pay better attention. Sure enough there it is in black and white. Ouch. I wonder what Nick or his Parents response is to the NG CNN article?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Is Nicks Dad a Physician?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:16 pm

NO! He used to be a truck driver.....don't think he does anything now. His Mom used to be an x-ray tech at the hospital.....I've heard she doesn't work there any more either.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by prayerbone Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:00 am

WOW I missed the news about a bonfire wheres that??

Btw i think the tshirt was a wifebeater style tshirt (charming name)

prayerbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 am

prayerbone wrote:WOW I missed the news about a bonfire wheres that??

Btw i think the tshirt was a wifebeater style tshirt (charming name)
The CNN NG article. Don't feel bad I missed it the first several times I read the article. It says the family but not if it was Nicks family or the Haga's having a bon fire.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:17 am

When I read about the bonfire the other day, I was really surprised, because I was thinking that would have surely been common knowledge - however, it does explain what happened to the lining of the trunk, right??

Another thing I have a problem w/ is that the "family" wants to come forward and "help" LE... now, we all know nick is FULL GROWN (lol), independent (to at least some degree), has a child, etc... yet the "family" comes forward... sounds a lot like Joran van der Sloot to me - does Nick let his mom and dad call the shots still?? is he a puppet that lets them decide on their terms when they will help?? I say let them KEEP ON talking and trying to help for ONE REASON - it's the ONLY way we're gonna find out what happened. They'll slip up eventually - so I just say that LE lets them "help" and let them talk about what happened that night and the hours and days and weeks and months and years following... Hopefully soon you'll have some closure Cory - it's LONG overdue!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:41 am

tish I think that Nicks Parents were involved in the "cover up" that is why even though Nick is an adult they are sweating this new evidence. Plus as others have stated what better way to try and figure out what evidence LE has than to go to the station wanting to cooperate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:39 pm

I find it hard to imagine that family walking into City Hall and wanting to help! PLEASE, if they wanted to clear his name, why wait 10 years? roadrage Makes no sense to me!! I am with Cory, I think that was a Mis Print!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:50 pm

If in fact they did go to City Hall, I think Charming is right - just a way for them to get info. Good luck with that McGuffin's!!! What FOOLS!!!! LOL! The clock is ticking and they are getting scared. As they well should be. ANYONE AND EVERYONE INVOLVED NEEDS TO PAY THE PRICE. :nono: SHAME on those who even know ANYTHING. Put MY family through PURE HELL for 10 years. Makes me so f***ing MAD!!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:59 pm

Cory, try your best to concentrate on those darling grandbabies I see on your avatar!! ❤
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:19 pm

Wrapitup wrote:Cory, try your best to concentrate on those darling grandbabies I see on your avatar!! ❤

LOL! They all came over last night and my Grandson took my cell phone and asked if he could take a pic of Granny and his sisters....I let him and he was so proud! I sent it to my puter and showed it to him.....now I will have to show him that it is my avatar!! That will make him happy!!
I have a big picture of Leah and her volleyball team in my office here. When they spent the night last weekend he kept asking me which one of the girls in the picture was my "friend". I was telling him she wasn't my friend, that she was my daughter and her name was Leah. Little Leigha kept saying "That's not me Granny! I'm not that big yet!" Poor little things.....they don't understand. crying

We are excited for Easter though! They know there is going to be a dinner and an egg hunt here and that there is Money in the plastic ones! They love to come to Granny's for Easter!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:24 pm

Good for you, Cory!!! There is nothing better than a child, in particular, your grandchild (when you're older like me) to get you out of your funk!! peace :dancingbaby:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:51 pm

I love the new avatar Cory. You sure don't look like a Granny to me. ;)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:12 pm

Granny! I'm not that big yet!" Poor little things.....they don't understand.

We are excited for Easter though! They know there is going to be a dinner and an egg hunt here and that there is Money in the plastic ones! They love to come to Granny's for Easter!!!

I am sad, cause we always go to our Grammy's (my mom) in Coquille for Easter too.. but this year we are going the following weekend :pale: We usually went to the Elks Lodge Big Easter Egg Hunt which was fun!

You and your Grandbabies have a wonderful Easter Cory!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Ok....Well I had NO idea this was coming!! This was JUST on our local news....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:21 pm

Yeah, so much for cooperation, NICK!! Sarcasm
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:25 pm

That's right lisette!!! Cooperation my arse!!!!! LOL! Just keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper!!! I LOVE IT!!!
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:58 pm

OMG!!! This really sounds good, good for the good guys and bad news for the bad guys! :cheers:
Cory, in that news clip you linked, in one of the photos I swear Leah winks......
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:09 pm

laga wrote:OMG!!! This really sounds good, good for the good guys and bad news for the bad guys! :cheers:
Cory, in that news clip you linked, in one of the photos I swear Leah winks......

Believe me Laga.....If there is ANYONE in Heaven who could manage to wink at us - It is defininitely "Our Leah Nicole"!!!! :cheers:
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:16 pm

I believe it Cory!!!! I think the wink means she knows finally justice is near.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:19 pm

laga wrote:I believe it Cory!!!! I think the wink means she knows finally justice is near.

I agree Laga! I agree!!! wink
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:29 pm

So, let me get this straight. According to the COP, Nick came by last year to "clear his name and help in the investigation." Now, three days after the Coquille PD announced they were re-opening the case, Nick lawyer'd up and has been advised NOT to talk to the media. And has been zero help to LE.

Also, lab results..hmm. lab results on whom? Blood? What are we talking here?

This is very, very interesting.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:49 pm

I wonder....maybe we (especially Cory with her heartfelt truth) got to the girlfriend more than we thought, and she told him he needed to "clear his name". He thought sure, I can easily do that, I must be in the clear by now anyway......then, oops, a real investigation and after all this time??..... better get a lawyer.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:54 pm

Yes Wrap, it sounds like you have that correct.

The lab results are the results of their "new evidence". It was mentioned about the blood splatter on the bottom of Leah's shoe. I'm asuming that is what they are waiting for. Either that or there is more evidence that we don't know about.

Laga - to the best of my knowledge he has had that lawyer since early on in Leah's case. Remember when he failed his polygraph? I think that is when he got the lawyer. I do however wonder just how much "Jordan" knows.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:09 pm

Some cold cases I hear about lately are being solved because of DNA, technology that wasn't reliable just a decade or more ago, they are now able to utilize. Could it be DNA?
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:51 pm

I believe it could be DNA TR. And you are right....technology has change alot over the past ten years. I am really not sure what their new evidence is, but I am thinking maybe things were overlooked in the beginning of the case that are maybe being re-evaluated now. Re-evaluated with much better technology that is now available. (Did that make sense???? LOL!)
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:15 pm

Perfect sense!
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:25 pm

Wow, what a SURPRISE segment! :clapping: , what an awesome video and article! Really makes you realize when Dajovoo(Sp?) comes back full force.. I remember reading about this same EXACT reaction from that family back in 2000! McGuffin's come to LE to help, then they Lawyer up immediately after... Now we hear of the Bon Fire at the residence the day after..Oh and lets not forget the cleaning of the Car trunk... Gee Oh Golly.. Hmmm Shocked 2 ... what is it with these pact families (Vandersloots and Anthony's) that have to "form a special bond" so to speak??

The end of April can't come soon enough!! I want to know what evidence they have :idk:
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by lisette Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:15 am

I know they have come a long way with what they call "touch DNA" in which it just takes a very little to get results...Back "in the day", they had to have much more of the sample..I am SOOO excited...I just know an arrest is coming SOON!!
lisette
lisette

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:17 am

This is true lisette. And I am VERY excited too!!!! Dancing
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:09 am

Yes, perfect sense.

This may be a bad example but if Pres. Kennedy had been shot in a convertible driving down the street, guaranteed..they would have gotten the right person(s). Back then, they just didn't have much to go on. This is one way I am very happy technology has changed.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:57 am

Cory wrote:Ok....Well I had NO idea this was coming!! This was JUST on our local news....
Probably just a coincident that in about that same time frame "Jordan" (Meagan) was on VH reading and posting. I made a bold statement that if my Son was accused of murdering someone I would do anything I could to clear his name. Now we are reading his family went to LE to claiming they wanted to clear Nicks name. I did quote Cory on this post of the local news last night and put it in Leah public thread. Since we get a lot of guests from Oregon I thought I should put it somewhere that it can be read by our guests.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by mayhem Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:12 am

lindamarie wrote:
Cory wrote:Ok....Well I had NO idea this was coming!! This was JUST on our local news....
Probably just a coincident that in about that same time frame "Jordan" (Meagan) was on VH reading and posting. I made a bold statement that if my Son was accused of murdering someone I would do anything I could to clear his name. Now we are reading his family went to LE to claiming they wanted to clear Nicks name. I did quote Cory on this post of the local news last night and put it in Leah public thread. Since we get a lot of guests from Oregon I thought I should put it somewhere that it can be read by our guests.

Interesting. My gut tells me "Jordan" spilled nothing to nobody. She's going to stay true to her baby daddy. And I don't think Nick ever shared anything with her, anyway, other than the fact that "I'm innocent." But you're right about the timing of the alleged "clear my name" visit. She probably did nudge him to "take care of this".

The family had a bonfire???? I'm sorry, but that pisses me off that that little tidbit would not have been brought up 10 years ago. WTF?? I wonder why the neighbor's memories are so vivid now? Were they afraid of the McGuffins? Best not say something to keep the peace?? Do these neighbors still live in the same homes?? Perhaps they did relay all of this to the police early on, and it's been kept under wrap??

Could it be dna evidence from under her fingernails? Enough to test and conclude she did indeed struggle with Nick? It would seem to me that they are awaiting evidence to identify the KILLER...so it would have to show Nick's dna from some type of a stuggle like his blood on her shoe, or his blood from a defensive wound like her scatching him to get away? Otherwise, his hair or his car fibers, etc. wouldn't mean much, right, since she had been with him that night? UNLESS they can connect his PARENT's car fibers with her remains. Because she hadn't been in the thunderbird that night, right??

Cory, is there any local buzz about Brent? Wasn't he struggling with drug use for a while?? Or am I thinking about the wrong friend? Wonder if he was interviewed again and how that went?

mayhem

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:14 am

Praying that today is the day.
We have been hearing such good news regarding so many cases lately that I just feel things are getting closer to a resolution for Cory and Leah.

Last edited by charminglane on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:15 am

I keep editing to change Leah's name to a capital letter above, however it won't let me.
Excuse my mistake, please.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:16 am

Capital L on Leah's name above, excuse me.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:26 pm

Charming, you are such a sweetheart! I too am praying that an arrest is made SOON! This waiting game is driving me Nuts!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:33 pm

Charminglane, I also try to make sure I spell correctly and capitalize, especially those special loved ones. I know it would have been okay, though because Cory and Leah know your heart, as do we all here.

It's the middle of April and I am so anxious for an arrest too. I want to see justice for precious Leah and peace for Cory. I hope the trial to follow is not too long and difficult, but I am sure Cory know we will be there with her through it all.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:00 pm

So maybe the feeling I had is for HaLeigh today.
I just knew when I woke up this morning that something was going to happen.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Cory Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:15 pm

This is so weird!! I got a phone call from a friend about an hour ago and she asked me if there had been an arrest in Leah's case! Aparently someone heard it on some local station?? I would certainly think I would know if one had been made!! Sorry to say, I have heard nothing yet. Believe me, VH would know about it if I had!!! Sure feels like something is in the air though......like Charming, maybe the feeling is for Haleigh.
Cory
Cory

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:28 pm

Our thoughts and our hearts are with you.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:17 pm

Are we sure this isn't FRIDAY the 13th? I always have great luck!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next