Victim's Heartland
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED

+10
laga
charminglane
TerryRose
mommyof3kids
Marica
CritterFan1
Nama
adelacruz
Wrapitup
artgal16
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED

Post by lilypad Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:20 am

Sorry Critter couldn't help myself. it just seems to me that these parents have some responsibility here! who takes there 2 yr old little girl to the doctors and leaves her alone? then takes her back after she complains of him hurting her? confused

lilypad

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED

Post by adelacruz Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:51 am

and also the parent that SAW the doctor touch her daughter, she should've gone to the press and make this idiot known so other parents know what he was doing!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:53 am

Just looking at him last night on JVM...he just didn't look "right". Why would parents leave their child alone in a room w/ him? Maybe it was their 1st child, so they thought this was normal protocol? Suspect
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:58 am

nope! we as mothers have the DUTY to protect our children. small children should never be left alone with strangers..
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by lilypad Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:09 pm

i only have 1 child and would never leave her alone with our pediatrician and he is a wonderful man.
i was also wondering where was this mans staff? it is hard to believe they all just went along with this.
lilypad
lilypad

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty web page where parents can have their questions about the Earl Bradley case answered

Post by Nama Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:07 pm

DSP sets up Bradley case FAQ web page
By Frank Gerace

There's now a web page where parents can have their questions about the Earl Bradley case answered.

State Police set up the page because Troop 4's voice mail box and detectives have been overwhelmed with calls from parents whose children aren't part of the case involving the accused child rapist.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by BJ in OR on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty Website for parents: The Delaware State Police Public Information Office Newsroom

Post by Nama Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:11 pm

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:25 pm

by adelacruz Today at 12:51 pm

and also the parent that SAW the doctor touch her daughter, she should've gone to the press and make this idiot known so other parents know what he was doing!

UGG!! and WTF!! I don't get it! What is wrong with the justice system sometimes!

Hi Cherylz!!

by cherylz Today at 12:53 pm

Just looking at him last night on JVM...he just didn't look "right". Why would parents leave their child alone in a room w/ him? Maybe it was their 1st child, so they thought this was normal protocol?

I completely agree with your post, he looks Dirty and unkept and just out right nasty! That would have been my first clue to NEVER leave my child alone with him, although, I know I would never even leave my children alone with our Mary Poppins of a Pediatrician either!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi Mommyof3!! Yea, you can never be "too" street smart when it comes to personal safety. Common sense and intuition need to come into play.
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:25 pm

Back to square one. Time to change our whole way of life. Shift into reverse. Go back to no one but Mommy caring for the kids. Oh schidt, that won't work either. We have way to many mommas & daddy's who are as bad as the damn doctor.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:08 am

I can remember that my mother went into the examination room with me every time even when I was a teenager. The doctors would sometimes get irritated with her because when they ask me a question regarding my symptoms, she would answer FOR me.

Sometimes various doctors would grit their teeth as they told her, "I need her to answer me." Of course I was a teenager at the time not a child. But they NEVER objected to having her in the examination room. They just wanted her to let me talk.

I never had children and don't know if I would have let my daughter go into the examination room without me or not? Wow, you just can't trust anyone can you.

Why bother revoking his license? Just take a gun and shoot him in the gonads. Then throw him back in his cell and let him bleed to death so he can get an idea what it's like to have HIS private parts hurting after being seriously violated.
a fit
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:05 pm

Why bother revoking his license? Just take a gun and shoot him in the gonads. Then throw him back in his cell and let him bleed to death so he can get an idea what it's like to have HIS private parts hurting after being seriously violated.

wildflower, i love your style! You Go Girl
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:23 pm

Go ahead and ask Sassy. I still go with her to Dr appointments. I have never left the exam room unless she asked me to. I did stop going with my boys when they became adults unless they asked me to go. I think Sassy likes having her Mom with her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:20 pm

My mother comes with me if I want her to and I am forty stinking four!

Someday I'll wish she were still here to hold my hand.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:24 pm

I gotta tell you anyone who reads about this would know to insist upon going into the examination room with their daughter and possibly always sending the father in with the son as well.

I hope this gets publicized so that people who are naive enough not to insist upon going into exam rooms with their children will see the light. I honestly before reading this don't know what I would have done if I had children.

I suppose while they were little, I would have just wanted to be there just so they would know their mommy was right there so everything was okay, but in all honestly it would never have occurred to me that the doctor might be a pervert so when they got to their early teens, I might not have gone in the exam room and kids can get molested in their teens too.

What's scary about this is that we know pedaphiles tend to gravitate toward jobs where they have an excuse to hang around a bunch of children.....so how many pediatricians are sickos?
shocked3
It makes sense some of them are bound to have picked that profession so they can at least see children disrobed. The media needs to get the word out. Honestly, doctors used to get so irritated with my mother when I was a teen (with chronic tonsillitis) that I might have let my daughter in her early teens go into the exam room without me (if I had one).

Probably just as well I was never a mother. I might have been one of the stupid ones.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by charminglane Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:07 pm

Probably just as well I was never a mother. I might have been one of the stupid ones

You and me both, Babe!
I am a nervous wreck and I only have a dog.
charminglane
charminglane

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:32 pm

Well...I have to admit....for the 1st time ever this past summer my kids Pediatrician asked me to leave the room when he examined my 17 year old daughter. I did. I have known him and his family for the past 17 years. We see each other at social events, his daughter is the same age as mine. I felt trusting. Oh, oh. And, I do not consider myself naive. Maybe I was. :pale:
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:50 pm

I think at 17, you probably know your daughter would tell you if he was inappropriate. Truthfully, as a teenager, I was embarrassed even in gym class undressing in front of other females so maybe that's why the pediatrician asked you to leave.

What the doctor's hated about my mom was she did ALL the talking and didn't let me talk at all. Actually my mother gets on some people's nerves in general because she talks non-stop continuously. Truthfully, she was probably talking for the doctor too!

They didn't mind having her in there at all while I was being examined. They just wanted her to let me tell them what hurt where.

My mother was molested as a teenagaer though and she would have ripped the doc a new one if he asked her to leave the room. Naive is something someone who has ever been molested is not, I guess.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty OUT ON BOND

Post by Nama Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:25 pm

OMG! I don't know how we missed this.
Thursday, 17 December 2009
Dr Earl Bradley was released on $36,000 bond today after his arrest on second degree rape and other sexual offenses involving a 2 year old girl. The arrest capped a year-long investigation that began after some complaints were filed with the state police. Police are asking parent who have questions or concerns to contact them at 856-5850, ext 216. Bradley has a preliminary hearing on Wednesday, December 23.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty Not out on bail

Post by Nama Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:51 pm

He is not out on bail. See below.

Dec. 15, 2009: On the strength of the evidence provided by the 2-year-old and her parents and the exam, police arrest Bradley, charge him with rape, and conduct a search of his office. He is held on $36,000 bail.

Dec. 17, 2009: Bradley released on bail.

Dec. 18, 2009: Based on evidence recovered in the search, including explicit video files, an additional 26 charges, including eight counts of first-degree rape, are filed against Bradley and he is arrested again and imprisoned on $2.9 million cash bail.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Of course being a DR he would have the money to bond out. This guy is finished as a Dr. Shame on anyone that would take their kids to him after this was exposed. When our kids become of age say 16 sometimes they want us to leave the room. I always respect that but we are talking about children to young to make that choice in this case.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:04 pm

Considering the crime, he shouldn't have been able to get out on bond on Dec 17. Thank goodness his bond is high enough so he can't get out again. Hopefully NEVER.
We didn't hear about this story until he was re-arrested.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Marica Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:38 am

my trust in people who insist on private examinations is about zero. When my Father had a stoke at age 92, I was asked to step out of the room while a Phys Thrp. examined him. I refused to leave, and the P.T. refused to examine my Dad. There is something fishy about medical people who insist on a personal care giver being made to step out of the room. Please remember, children aren't the only ones who need to be protected.
Marica
Marica

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:18 am

omg!! so he was free for like a day right?? wow... i'm happy he got arrested again!
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by CritterFan1 Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:53 am

Marica wrote:my trust in people who insist on private examinations is about zero. When my Father had a stoke at age 92, I was asked to step out of the room while a Phys Thrp. examined him. I refused to leave, and the P.T. refused to examine my Dad. There is something fishy about medical people who insist on a personal care giver being made to step out of the room. Please remember, children aren't the only ones who need to be protected.
We forget sometimes about elder abuse. It is on the rise as more senior citizens live longer. There is something fishy about a care giver refusing to examine someone unless they are alone with the patient. IMHO!!
CritterFan1
CritterFan1

Back to top Go down

Post by laga Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:59 am

charminglane wrote:
My mother comes with me if I want her to and I am forty stinking four!

Someday I'll wish she were still here to hold my hand.

Yes, Charming, I can promise you most definitely will.
laga
laga

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty Mystery in Bradley case: Why was he left alone with kids?

Post by Nama Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:28 pm

Of all the questions swirling around the case of accused child molester Dr. Earl B. Bradley, medical experts and parents find one question more baffling than most.

If the allegations are true, how did the Lewes pediatrician manage to get so many of his young patients into a room alone, without the parent or caregiver who brought each child to Bradley's office?

The American Academy of Pediatrics has specific guidelines on the use of chaperones during physical examinations of pediatric patients, and most pediatricians and health care facilities insist that a parent or chaperon stay with a young patient from the start of the visit to its end.

And for most parents, leaving a young child alone -- even with a physician -- just doesn't seem natural.

When Dr. Louis E. Bartoshesky sees one of his pediatric patients, there's always someone else in the room.

"Suppose I'm with a baby and the mother says she has to take a call on her cell phone or go to the bathroom or something," said Bartoshesky, chairman of pediatrics at Christiana Care Health System.

In that event, Bartoshesky said, he would ask a nurse or other staffer to come in and act as a chaperon until the mother returned.

"That wouldn't be something we would plan on ... but we would find a third party to help out," he said.

Dr. Kevin Sheahan, chief of Nemours Pediatric, follows the pediatric academy guidelines, too, as do his colleagues at the institution.

"That is sort of a basic guideline," said Sheahan, who practices in Dover. "Pretty much the rule of common sense is what prevails."

According to police, Bradley, 56, allegedly took videos of himself assaulting girls ranging from 3 months to 13 years. The alleged assaults occurred in a basement and outbuilding at his Disney-themed BayBees Pediatrics office on Del. 1. Authorities have said he is suspected of molesting as many as 100 patients since 1998.

Bradley, who opened his practice in 1995, did have at least one nurse recently working with him, and some of his four grown children at times worked in the office, patients said. Police have not disclosed whether a nurse or other staff member joined him during examinations.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lilypad Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:10 am

This nurse must have known something. The nurses at my pediatricians office run the show! also i wonder if any of his grown children are daughters?
lilypad
lilypad

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:12 pm

On one of the people searches for Bradley it lists 2 woman relatives.....one 25 yrs and one 30 yrs old. I won't name them or post the link. There was a name of a male, too.....no age given.
Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty Delaware schools: Cape district offers aid after doctor's arrest

Post by Nama Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:39 pm

As parents drop their children off at school and wave them farewell at the bus stop Monday morning, local teachers and staff also will be getting prepared to help any of the several thousand students who may need to talk in the aftermath of the child sex assault scandal that has emerged over the last few weeks.

Like many others across the state, the district returns from winter break Monday. But children and parents in Cape Henlopen are under a cloud that has shocked and horrified many, putting parents on the verge of tears as child sex charges have mounted against Lewes pediatrician Earl Bradley.

Odds are that many of Bradley's victims -- which may number as many as 100 -- are Cape students, simply judging from the location of his BayBees Pediatrics practice on Del. 1, said school board President Camilla Conlon.

"It's a very scary time, if everything they say is true," Conlon said. "We are well aware that they are going to be our students."

Bradley has been charged with raping nine children, all young female patients, at his practice since April. Prosecutors have said he might have abused as many as 100 since 1998.

Cape Henlopen has about 4,500 students throughout the district, including the Lewes, Rehoboth Beach and Milton areas.

Conlon said the community is in shock, but the impact on students is hard to assess, because many of the details about the case came out during snow days and while students were on break.

"We are well geared-up" with counselors, psychologists, wellness centers, school nurses and social workers all standing by at the alert, Conlon said.

Parents also will have the opportunity to speak with school staff, she said.

"Folks have been dealing with this in their homes and families for two weeks," she said.

Investigators still are setting up interviews with Bradley's former patients and viewing recordings of the attacks to determine just how many victims are out there.

In the wake of parents' complaints about delays in getting back to them, state police this week increased the capacity of a voice mailbox and launched a Web site with information about the case for worried parents.

Conlon said the uncertainty of the investigation's outcome adds to the complicated situation.

"If we knew exactly who it was and what it was, it would be one thing," she said. "This is going to be a little bit different of a dynamic."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by lilypad Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:39 am

Wow this sounds like a whole town full of children! i guess i didn't really realize the extent. Thanks for keeping us updated BJ
lilypad
lilypad

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty The ball was dropped big time

Post by Nama Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:34 pm

Nearly five years ago, Milford detectives wanted to charge pediatrician Earl Bradley for inappropriately kissing a 3-year-old patient, but the Attorney General's Office decided "they could not win the case," Milford police said Tuesday.

Instead, it would take authorities until last month -- after a second abuse investigation about a year ago also didn't produce charges -- for the doctor to be arrested and charged with raping numerous patients.

While a prosecutor has said Bradley's crimes could date to 1998, Tuesday's revelation by Milford police Lt. Edward Huey about the 2005 complaint was the first time authorities have said they believed he could have been arrested earlier, potentially sparing later alleged victims.

The account also forced Beebe Medical Center to acknowledge -- after previous denials -- that officials there were aware of complaints against Bradley long before he was arrested.

Then-Attorney General M. Jane Brady, now a Superior Court judge, could not be reached Tuesday to discuss the 2005 case. Deputy Attorney General Robert J. O'Neill, the chief prosecutor in Kent County in 2005, also could not be reached.

But current Attorney General Beau Biden, who took office in January 2007, said he reviewed the case files Tuesday and that professional career prosecutors conducted a thorough review of the evidence.

"These are very, very difficult cases, and they made a judgment that there was insufficient evidence to prosecute Dr. Bradley at that time," said Biden, who would not elaborate.

Bradley now faces 29 criminal counts relating to the alleged rapes of nine girl patients ranging in age from 3 months to 13 years since August. Prosecutors, who with police are combing through records and videotapes Bradley took of his alleged crimes, have said there could be as many as 100 child victims.

In some tapes, police have said in court documents, he filmed himself having intercourse and oral sex with toddlers in exam rooms, a basement toy room and an outbuilding at his office near Lewes, sometimes yelling out orders with a "violently enraged" expression on his face.

The 56-year-old doctor, whose Delaware license was suspended Dec. 29, is being held in the state prison near Smyrna in lieu of $2.9 million bail. His attorney, Gene Maurer of Wilmington, could not be reached to discuss the 2005 complaint.

Kisses 'raised suspicions'

Huey said Milford police were contacted March 31, 2005, by the mother of a 3-year-old girl with a complaint about Bradley.

"Apparently, the child reported to the mom that she didn't want to go to the doctor's office because he kissed her too much," Huey said. "It raised suspicions."

During that 2005 investigation, Huey said, Bradley spoke with Milford Detective Kenneth Brown and denied any wrongdoing.

First licensed in Delaware in 1994, Bradley worked at two different offices in Lewes before opening an office in the 600 block of N. Du Pont Blvd. in March 2004. He later closed the Milford office and returned to Lewes.

Huey would not provide The News Journal with copies of the Milford police reports on Bradley, but referred to the documents during a telephone interview. He said detectives also spoke to staff members at Bradley's office as well as physicians who worked with him.

"Some thought he was kind of weird, and some said they thought he was great with the kids, just not great with the parents," Huey said.

Detectives eventually decided to charge him with offensive touching, a misdemeanor that could have resulted in a sentence of probation or one year in prison and a $2,300 fine if Bradley was convicted.

Detectives discussed their intention with prosecutors in Kent County, but could not persuade them to take the case, Huey said.

"They did not feel they could win the case and decided not to prosecute," Huey said.

After being informed of the Milford police account of the 2005 case, Beebe spokesman Wallace Hudson said he was incorrect when he previously told The News Journal that hospital officials were unaware of earlier allegations against Bradley.

"It's my fault, sloppy work on my part," said Hudson, Beebe's vice president of communications, about not acknowledging the 2005 case before Tuesday. "I should have picked that up."

The doctor joined Beebe's pediatric staff in 1994. He left the hospital for private practice in 1997 but continued to treat his own hospitalized patients there.

Huey said detectives served a search warrant at the hospital in 2005 to obtain Bradley's personnel records.

"When detectives went there, [the hospital] wanted to call their legal department," Huey said, but a Milford detective said that was not necessary. "Give me the records or I will get them myself," Huey said the detective recalled.

Hudson said he was unaware that the search warrant was actually served, but said prosecutors had sought records in April 2005 pertaining to disciplinary action or complaints against Bradley. Because hospital officials thought release of that information might violate state peer review laws, Hudson said, the hospital resisted and prosecutors never asked again.

That October, Hudson said, a Milford detective told Beebe officials "an investigation had been conducted and closed with no further action anticipated."

'Hindsight is ... 20-20'

After the case collapsed, Huey said, a prosecutor told a Milford detective that the prosecutor would tell a fellow deputy attorney general who advised the Delaware Board of Medical Practice about the case. The board investigates allegations of wrongdoing against doctors.

Huey also said the detective spoke with an investigator with the state Division of Professional Regulation, which oversees the medical board. That investigator told the detective to tell the victim's mother to file a complaint and the detective did that, Huey said.

Division Director James L. Collins said Tuesday he was not aware of the 2005 case or any referral made to the medical board or division investigators by prosecutors, detectives or an alleged victim. "If the prosecutor was supposed to inform the medical board, my answer is that we did not get a complaint or referral," Collins said.

Biden said his review of the file shows that a prosecutor appears to have told Michael Tischer, then the legal adviser to the medical board, about the case and was told to contact a division investigator.

Tischer said he had "no recollection" of being told by a prosecutor about Bradley. "If they did, I would have told them to file a complaint with the board of the division," he said.

Huey said the detective did not feel the need to notify the medical board "because the Attorney General's Office was already taking care of that."

Huey, who has followed news accounts since Bradley's arrest, said the inability to arrest him in 2005 is bothersome.

"On a personal level, I'm disgusted by the man," he said. "Hindsight is always going to be 20-20. I'm disappointed they made that decision but it was based on the best information they had at that time."

After Bradley's arrest in December, state police said they had tried in vain for about a year to build a case on another parent's complaints about actions by Bradley that were "less aggressive" than the brutal rapes alleged in court documents.

"We conducted a thorough investigation, and we were trying to establish a legal standard to make an arrest," state police spokesman Sgt. Walter Newton said. "It was clearly an aggression that led to the incidents a few months ago."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by mommyof3kids Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:22 pm

I don't get how he got away with molesting so many children in his OFFICE faint I can't imagine how many parents would really leave their kids alone with this guy. It is truly mind boggling!!
mommyof3kids
mommyof3kids

Back to top Go down

Post by adelacruz Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:28 pm

affraid frying pan :scratch: faint Barf Smash PC

this little girl said the doctor kissed her too much???? that was not enough for these people to arrest him?????????
adelacruz
adelacruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:08 pm

I have to ask..is this Biden our VP Biden? Isn't he from Delaware? OMG!

At least this Hudson guy admitted it was all his fault. Whooptie Doo. Much too little Much Too Late!!

I would bet you if any of these people who dropped the ball's children had been touched or molested by that "doctor", this perv would have already been locked up years ago. :mad:
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

https://victimsheartland.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty LET"S SEE SOME HEADS ROLL!

Post by Nama Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:58 am

Police in Milford, a small Kent County town about 20 miles from Lewes, say a mother came in to file a complaint against Bradley in March 2005. According to police, the woman's three-year-old daughter told her she did not like going to see Bradley because he kissed her.

At the time, Bradley operated an office in a shopping center in the 600 block of North DuPont Blvd. in Milford.

"The child made a complaint to her mother, the mother consulted with her husband, and they came to the police," said Milford Police Lt. Edward Huey. "The Milford Police Department conducted a criminal investigation of Dr. Earl Bradley."

But despite that investigation, Bradley was never charged. The case never advanced beyond the initial stages. Police say it was not their call.

"Our procedure is: we would present it to the Attorney General's office for prosecution, and they made the decision not to prosecute the case," Huey said.

The Delaware Attorney General at the time was Jane Brady, who is now a sitting judge on Delaware Superior Court. Through an assistant, she declined comment Wednesday saying she "cannot comment on any pending case."

Eyewitness News also tried to get more information about why the case was dropped from Attorney General Beau Biden's office. Despite repeated requests, phone calls were not returned.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:22 am

Politician's taking the high road. In the meantime, this pervert has molested children for years while the DE government basically turned their back.
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:28 pm

Attorney General Beau Biden ordered the state solicitor today to investigate whether any health or law enforcement professionals broke Delaware law after pediatrician Earl B. Bradley was investigated for excessive kissing of patients in 2005.

Bradley, who in December was charged with raping eight girls from 3 months to 13 years old, was not charged in 2005 because prosecutors thought Milford police didn’t have enough evidence.

In court documents made public Thursday, state police detailed eight separate investigations into abuse that allegedly occurred as far back as 1999. In those documents, police noted that three pediatricians and one nurse reported improper behavior by Bradley, including one former colleague who said he referred to Bradley as a pedophile

“We need to get to the bottom of this,’’ Biden told The News Journal.

Delaware law requires doctors, the Medical Society of Delaware trade association, health care providers, institutions, and all state and law enforcement agencies to report suspected misconduct to the state Board of Medical Practice. The report must be made in writing. Anyone who violates the law faces a fine of $250 to $5,000.
Biden, who became attorney general in 2007, said prosecutors are also bound by the law, and their actions in 2005 would be scrutinized by solicitor Lawrence W. Lewis, who heads the office’s civil division.

Superior Court Judge M. Jane Brady, who was attorney general during the 2005 probe, said through a spokeswoman today that she would not comment on that investigation.

Biden said Lewis’ investigation will not focus on the current probe of Bradley that started in 2008 because under Delaware case law, ongoing police investigations are exempted from the reporting requirement.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty never any report made to the medical board in 2005 and 2008, which is in violation of Delaware law

Post by Nama Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:31 pm

New details are coming out about the case surrounding a Lewes Pediatrician, Dr. Earl Bradley, charged with raping patients. WGMD has learned that there was never any report made to the medical board in 2005 and 2008, which is in violation of Delaware law—and the duty to report— considering the complaints and allegations against Dr.Bradley over the years. Neither the police nor those in the medical profession made any complaints to the medical board, which has the ability to do their own investigation.

Published reports are saying that area doctors knew something was going on –including that Dr. Bradley gave inappropriate vaginal exams on young girls.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty Court Documents: Doctors knew about Dr. Bradley's alleged crimes for years

Post by Nama Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 pm

New developing stories surrounding the case of Lewes Pediatrician Dr. Earl Bradley who is in jail for raping children: According to published reports, court documents show that doctors in this area and a nurse knew something was going on—saying he conducted long or inappropriate exams on young girls—one pediatrician indicated he referred to Dr. Bradley as a pedophile when talking to colleagues. One doctor told police that he saw Dr. Bradley carrying children around if they cried and watched him hold and kiss children on the cheek.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty Accounts of alleged victims and witnesses, according to detective's affidavit

Post by Nama Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:36 pm

The Dec. 15 police affidavit made public Wednesday lists eight alleged child victims of pediatrician Earl B. Bradley since 1999 and information from six witnesses -- including former employees and fellow pediatricians -- interviewed by police since 2005.

Below is a summary of what alleged victims and witnesses told police.

None was identified in the affidavit by state police Detective Thomas Elliott, but are referred to by the name Elliott used.

ALLEGED VICTIMS

• Child 1: In the summer of 2009, a 7-year-old girl went to Bradley for a physical. With her mother present, Bradley pulled down her pants and penetrated her with his finger. The child screamed and the mother questioned Bradley, who responded that he "was checking her hymen."

• Child 2: In July 2003, a 7-year-old girl went to Bradley for a physical. With the child's grandmother present, he pulled her underwear down and violated her with his hand.

• Child 3: In April 2004, a 5-year-old girl told her mother she did not want to see Bradley because "he gives her too many kisses.''

• Child 4: In March 2005, a 3-year-old girl said Bradley "kissed her tongue'' when he took her to a room alone.

• Child 5: In September 2008, a 12-year-old girl went to Bradley for a sore throat and pink eye, but he never took a throat culture or involved a nurse. Instead the girl was given a vaginal exam. On the way home, the girl told her mother she felt "dirty" and cried, and that Bradley had penetrated her with his fingers.

• Child 6: A 6-year-old girl went to Bradley on Dec. 8, 2008, to be checked for possible attention-deficit disorder. Bradley told her mother he needed to conduct a physical. Shielded from the mother's view by a blanket, Bradley had the girl take off her underpants; the exam lasted four minutes. After the exam, he kissed her several times, said he missed her and asked if she wanted to stay with him for the night.

The mother told the nurse at the girl's school about the exam, and the nurse, who contacted the Division of Public Health, later said her underwear should not have been removed.

The girl was interviewed Dec. 9 at the Sussex County Children's Advocacy Center. The investigator discussed good touch-bad touch with the girl, who said she received touches she did not like from Bradley. She said he tried to push her legs apart but did not remember if he touched her "private spot."

• Child 7: An 8-year-old girl went to Bradley because of excessive urination in December 2008. He conducted a vaginal exam, prescribed an antibiotic and asked that she return in two weeks with a urine sample. On two occasions, the girl returned with a urine sample, received another vaginal exam, and Bradley ordered her return again with a urine sample two weeks later. The girl's grandfather took the child to another pediatrician. At that exam, the girl's mother disclosed what had occurred with Bradley, and the new doctor's nurse contacted police.

The girl was interviewed Dec. 12, 2008, at the Child Advocacy Center and said Bradley did not wear gloves during the exams, kissed her on the lips and insisted on giving her a prize each time.

• Child 8: A nearly 3-year-old girl whose experience was described in previous court records went to Bradley's office on Dec. 7, 2009, because of a burning sensation when urinating. Bradley conducted a brief vaginal exam with the mother present, then took the child alone to a basement toy room. After two minutes they returned to the exam room, where the mother had waited, and then returned to the basement for several minutes, the child emerging with candy. As the mother and child were leaving the office, Bradley opened his arms and asked the child for a hug, but she refused.

The girl later told her mother Bradley put his hand inside her diaper, touched her vagina and it hurt. The mother told her husband what the girl said, and he said the girl made a similar complaint after getting shots from Bradley on Oct. 28.

On Dec. 9, the girl was interviewed at the Child Advocacy Center and described what Bradley had done with the help of an anatomical doll. An exam found a raw and tender area the size of a fingertip on her vagina, consistent with penetration

WITNESSES

• Witness 1: In March 2005, a pediatrician who used to work with Bradley "indicated he has referred to Dr. Bradley as a pedophile when talking to colleagues," Elliott wrote. The doctor said three patients who used to see Bradley had similar stories about him "conducting long vaginal exams.''

• Witness 2: In April 2005, a pediatrician who used to work with Bradley described him as a "different character" with few friends. Bradley enjoys taking digital photos of patients and manipulating pictures on his computer, the doctor said. Several former Bradley patients who had transferred to Witness 2's practice said Bradley forced girls to undress when they did not want to, or took them away alone for several minutes.

• Witness 3: In April 2005, a pediatrician who used to work with him said Bradley did not interact much with parents, carried children around if they cried and kissed them on the cheek.

• Witness 4: In April 2005, a nurse who used to work for Bradley said she resigned because he wasted money on toys instead of needed office items. She thought Bradley was "caring and genuine with children" and kissed them on the forehead or cheek, but did not communicate well with parents. Bradley often took children alone to a room for their prize, she said, adding that Bradley enjoys photography and videotapes children in plays and that she trusted him "100 percent" with her own children.

• Witness 5: In April 2005, a former office manager for Bradley said she was fired after confronting him about his personal and financial problems. Bradley, she said, took medications from the office, saying he was bipolar and took the anti-depressants Zoloft, Paxil and Zitera. She also told investigators she received several complaints from parents about improper touching by Bradley. She said she filed a complaint with the Medical Society of Delaware.

• Witness 6: On Dec. 17, 2008, a former employee said Bradley operated his practice in a chaotic manner. She also said he told her he installed surveillance cameras, and could access them from his home computer.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty Abuse allegations piled up for years

Post by Nama Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:39 pm

More than a year before pediatrician Earl Bradley was charged in December with raping nine young girls, police investigators had received complaints from eight alleged victims, including one who claimed her abuse occurred as far back as 1999, according to court records obtained Wednesday by The News Journal.

The documents also contain police accounts of six unidentified witnesses who worked with him, including three doctors and a nurse. They described an eccentric pediatrician who conducted long or inappropriate vaginal exams on young girls, often took them alone to get "prizes" and installed video cameras in his offices.

One fellow pediatrician "indicated he referred to Dr. Bradley as a pedophile when talking to colleagues," state police Detective Thomas Elliott wrote in a probable-cause affidavit used to search Bradley's BayBees Pediatrics office near Lewes Dec. 16 -- the day of his arrest.

The affidavit includes accounts from state police as well as Milford police. It was Milford police who revealed Tuesday they had tried to charge Bradley in the spring of 2005 with offensive touching after a 3-year-old girl complained that he kissed her too much.

No arrest was made, Milford police said, because then-Attorney General M. Jane Brady's office decided they could not win the case.

The police affidavit released Wednesday made clear that, although Bradley was not arrested until last month, police had spoken at length to several alleged victims and their parents over the last several years.

Police and prosecutors have said that before Bradley was arrested, they vigorously pursued complaints against him. Attorney General Beau Biden would not agree to be interviewed Wednesday, but in a written statement said that in hopes of arresting Bradley more than a year ago, investigators sought a search warrant for Bradley's office in December 2008.

Biden wrote to The News Journal that a judge denied the request, and "determined there was not sufficient probable cause to move forward." Biden did not elaborate or identify the judge.

Biden also wrote that previous investigative steps, coupled with new reports that surfaced late in 2009, "together built probable cause to support his arrest" and the issuance of search warrants in December.

Though it is now evident that several doctors, police officers and prosecutors knew about Bradley's alleged crimes for a period of years, the Delaware Board of Medical Practice has said it never received a complaint about the pediatrician who has been practicing in Delaware since 1994 after working for about a decade in Philadelphia.

Mother complained in 1999

The delay in charging Bradley with any crimes or taking action against his license, which was suspended Dec. 30, has infuriated the mother of one alleged victim who said her own complaint was documented in Elliott's affidavit. The woman, a 48-year-old teacher from Lewes, told The News Journal that she has been trying since at least 2005 to get police to arrest Bradley for abusing her 7-year-old daughter in 1999.

"I think it's a disgrace how the system worked and how it has harmed all of these other children," said the woman, who the newspaper is not naming because of its policy against identifying rape victims. "Those other children would not have been violated if they had acted on previous reports."

Bradley now faces 29 criminal counts relating to the alleged rapes of nine girls ranging in age from 3 months to 13 years -- all offenses that authorities say were committed since August. Prosecutors, who with police are combing through records and videotapes Bradley took of his alleged crimes, have said there could be as many as 100 child victims.

In some tapes, police have said in previously released court documents, he filmed himself having intercourse and oral sex with toddlers in exam rooms, a basement toy room and an outbuilding at his office near Lewes, sometimes yelling out orders with a "violently enraged" expression on his face. In some of the videos, police have said, Bradley held toddlers upside-down by their ankles while he abused them.

Bradley is being held at the state prison near Smyrna in lieu of $2.9 million bail. His attorney, Gene Maurer, did not return calls Wednesday to discuss the latest revelations.

Milford police would not discuss Elliott's affidavit Wednesday, but state police spokesman Sgt. Walter Newton said the revelations made in the documents were a compilation of accounts from previous investigations that preceded Bradley's Dec. 16 arrest.

Of the eight alleged victims described in the Dec. 15 affidavit, police have only charged Bradley with raping one of them. Of the other rapes for which he has been charged, police said evidence of those attacks was discovered on videos kept on a computer "thumb" drive that was seized from Bradley's office the day he was arrested.

Police and prosecutors have said more charges could be filed against Bradley, perhaps when an indictment is sought.

The News Journal obtained Elliott's affidavit after battling with the office of Superior Court Judge E. Scott Bradley, who signed the warrant. Judge Bradley is not related to Dr. Bradley.

Early Wednesday, after a reporter requested the documents that by law are public, Bradley's office would not release them. A reporter told an aide to President Judge James T. Vaughn Jr. about the denial. The aide intervened and later Bradley's office released the 18 pages.

In the probable-cause affidavit used to persuade the judge to permit a search of Bradley's Disney-themed office at 18259 Coastal Highway, Detective Elliott spent several pages detailing the accounts by the eight alleged victims and/or their parents, and of Bradley's former co-workers.

The accounts released Wednesday are not as graphic as the alleged acts of intercourse and oral sex Bradley filmed on tapes seized by police early on Dec. 16 after the search warrant request was approved.

The new documents, however, describe several bizarre vaginal examinations of young girls, some who saw the doctor only for non-gynecological ailments. The clinical exams were followed by the bestowing of gifts, kisses and hugs.

Police have "shown a pattern of continuous complaints against Dr. Bradley in regards to how juvenile vaginal examinations are conducted and questions in regards to the validity of these examinations," Elliott wrote. "There is a pattern of complaints of inappropriate kissing."

The detective wrote that several pediatricians consulted by police "have confirmed that is not the general practice to look at the genital area of young girls, however, it can be appropriate.

"But if a vaginal exam is done it is brief, entailing just pulling down the child's underpants to do a quick visual inspection ... and make sure everything is OK. A physical examination involving touching or penetration is not medically necessary."

For example, in the rape that allegedly occurred in 1999, the Lewes mother told police she took her 7-year-old daughter to Bradley for a physical.

During the exam, Bradley pulled down her pants and penetrated her with his finger with an ungloved hand, Elliott wrote.

The child screamed and the mother questioned Bradley, who responded that he "was checking her hymen."

The mother, who stopped taking her daughter to Bradley after that exam, told police that never happened before or afterward with any other pediatrician.

Girl said she felt 'dirty'

In another case cited by Elliott, a 12-year-old girl went to Bradley for a sore throat and pink eye but he never took a throat culture and never took her temperature or involved a nurse. Instead the girl was a given a vaginal exam, Elliott wrote.

According to Elliott, the mother was present but felt sick to her stomach when she left the office and on the way home, the girl told her mother she felt "dirty" and cried.

The girl said Bradley had penetrated her with his fingers and that afterward, he sat beside her and rubbed her leg with his hand.

Later, Elliott wrote, Bradley gave the girl a toy appropriate for a 3-year-old and told her he was going to put on a show for children and give out free ice cream.

The girl's mother contacted Bradley the next day to find out why he conducted a vaginal exam.

According to Elliott, he denied penetrating the woman's daughter but never explained why he did the exam.

Comments by Bradley's former colleagues also pointed to the possibility that Bradley was sexually abusing children, Elliott wrote.

The most startling was a comment in March 2005 by a pediatrician who once worked with Bradley.

Elliott wrote that the doctor, who was referred to as Witness 1, "indicated he has referred to Bradley as a pedophile when talking to colleagues."

Three of that doctor's patients used to see Bradley, he told Elliott, and "all had similar stories to tell about Dr. Bradley conducting long vaginal exams."

Another doctor said several former Bradley patients had transferred to his own office and complained that Bradley's exams entailed "forcing children to get undressed when they didn't want to or taking children away from their parent for several minutes."

A third doctor told police he saw Bradley carrying children around if they cried, and watched him "hold and kiss children on the cheek."

In addition, a former employee told police in December 2008 that Bradley told her he installed surveillance cameras in various locations in the office, and could access the cameras from his home computer.

While police are reviewing videotapes and records from his office, and fielding dozens of complaints from anxious parents who wonder if their children were abused, the Lewes woman who believes her daughter was abused in 1999 said she expects Bradley to be charged for it in the future.

But the woman said the girl, now 17, carries emotional scars.

"What she remembers is screaming and that something happened," the mother said. "She doesn't trust doctors."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:42 pm

Episodes of worrisome behavior by Dr. Earl Bradley were reported to the Medical Society of Delaware in 2005, almost five years before the Lewes pediatrician was charged with raping nine female patients, according to court documents obtained Wednesday by The News Journal.

A former office manager for Bradley told investigators in April 2005 that she filed a complaint with the society and spoke to Dr. James Marvel, the group's then-president, according to court documents.

Society officials said Wednesday they have no record of such a complaint, adding investigators have not spoken to them about the case.

"We've checked our physician health files ... and there is no evidence of a letter complaining about Dr. Bradley," said Wendy L. Gainor, senior director of professional services for the Medial Society of Delaware. Gainor, who spoke on behalf of Marvel, said investigators had not spoken to him.

Marvel, a Lewes orthopedic surgeon, could not be reached Wednesday.

The Medical Society of Delaware is a professional organization of physicians and does not license doctors. That duty falls to the state Board of Medical Practice.

The office manager's claims were disclosed in a 19-page Superior Court document listing some of the facts of the investigation, such as interviews with eight children and six witnesses, including colleagues, nurses and staff.

The office manager, identified only as "Witness 5," spoke to police in April 2005.

She told investigators that she was fired after three years on the job because she confronted Bradley about his personal problems and financial issues.

Bradley, according to the woman, took samples of medication from the Lewes office for his own use. He also claimed he was bi-polar and would take Zoloft, Paxil and Zitera -- all antidepressants, according to the court documents.

The former worker also said she received several complaints from parents regarding improper touching by Bradley. When Bradley would pick up the girls, he would have his hands under their clothing, she said.

In one instance, the woman said a parent would no longer let her older daughter be seen by Bradley because the girl complained he "kisses her too much." The mother continued to allow Bradley to see her younger daughter.

The former employee filed a complaint with the Medical Society of Delaware outlining her concerns, she told investigators. She told police the letter was sent to Dr. Carol A. Tavani, who chairs the society's Physicians' Health Committee. The committee works with doctors who are having personal and professional problems.

The former employee told investigators Tavani turned the letter over to Marvel for investigation.

Marvel, who served as the society's president from October 2004 to September 2005, told the former manager "Bradley experienced the same type of problems (money, depression) on his record from Philadelphia," according to court documents.

"According to Dr. Marvel, an investigation was never conducted," the document said.

"I can tell you this guy has never been followed by the physicians' health program," said Tavani, a neuropsychiatrist and executive director of Christiana Psychiatric Services. "There is no such letter that came to my office. I can tell you that because I would have seen it."

Had such a letter arrived, Tavani said she and other doctors would have been bound to report it to the state medical board.

"Had I received the information you are giving me, I would have had to share that with the board of medical practice," she said. "I really was not any more familiar with this person than the general public."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Wrapitup Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Well, it's extremely clear that the State of Delaware dropped the ball. It sickens me. I had a rough time reading these posts with the specifics.

I pray he rots in hell!!
Wrapitup
Wrapitup
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Dr Earl Bradley found guilty on 14 counts of first-degree rape and five counts each of second-degree assault and sexual exploitation of a child/ Sentenced to 14 Life Terms + 164 Years Without Parole/ Medical office to be DEMOLISHED - Page 2 Empty Cape Region parents paint a complex portrait of Dr. Earl Bradley

Post by Nama Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:11 am

Cape Region parents paint a complex portrait of Dr. Earl Bradley: a man who was so shy and socially awkward with adults he could barely make eye contact, yet so able as a doctor that one mother who didn’t even particularly like him still credits him with saving her newborn’s life.

Police now say that since 2003, a few parents reported Bradley’s unusual behavior to police, but until last month, they did not have enough evidence to arrest him. When police with warrants finally searched Bradley’s office, they say they found video evidence that he raped or sexually exploited as many as 100 patients during a period that lasted more than a decade.

Yet even some of the parents who complained about Bradley said he was so adept at manipulation that they questioned themselves or delayed reporting what they had witnessed. One mother said she didn’t immediately report him because her family feared no one would believe her accusations against a popular local doctor.
Not always alone
Bradley’s alleged violent assaults on very young patients have led many to ask how parents could have allowed Bradley to be alone with their children.

But in some cases, he was not. One mother from Lewes, who says she reported Bradley’s behavior to police before 2005, said the doctor digitally penetrated her daughter while the mother was in the room.

The mother said the child was lying on a table behind Bradley, and he turned his back to the mother as he examined the school-aged child. The mother stepped around Bradley to observe and was shocked at what she saw.

She immediately asked what he was doing. Showing no apparent concern, he replied it was his practice with new patients to “see if the hymen is intact.”

While the mother was disturbed by what she saw, she did not report what happened until some time later when she learned other parents of Bradley patients also had observed inappropriate behavior.

Recently released police documents show that Bradley conducted similar examinations of other patients with parents in the room who also complained to police in 2003 and in summer 2009.

Turns tables on parent
Another parent’s story illustrates how Bradley was able to deflect parents’ suspicions. A mother told the Cape Gazette that she noticed her 18-month-old child “began doing things in the bathtub that were not normal.”

She found it disturbing enough that on one of frequent visits to Bradley’s office for ear infections, she asked him about it. Bradley examined the child’s genital area with the mother in the room.

Bradley then left the room, and when he came back told the mother he had contacted the Children’s Advocacy Center of Delaware and that he could not let the mother leave his office until she spoke with the center, because someone could be sexually harming her daughter.

The anxious mother tried to pick up her child, but she says Bradley very aggressively told her that nurses would watch the toddler while the mother was on the phone. She again tried to pick up her child, but Bradley insisted to the point that the mother says she was terrified he would call police to report her.

The mother was on the phone for an hour, separated from her child the entire time. The mother now bitterly recalls her tearful child’s look of relief when she and the toddler were finally reunited.

The mother says her daughter was later interviewed at Children’s Advocacy Center, but the child became distraught during questioning and tried to get out of the room. Although the mother reports the child was clearly scared, she was unable to verbalize what had happened. The case was closed, leaving the child’s fears unresolved and the mother in turmoil as to whether someone could be harming her child. Yet even at this point, the mother did not focus her fears on Bradley, although she did eventually change doctors.

Ralph “Buster” Richardson, forensic interviewer and center coordinator of the Children’s Advocacy Center of Delaware, said he was not aware Bradley had made such a report to his office, but said the mother could have been referred to the office through a hotline number or through police. Richardson said until interviews last month, he was aware of no earlier reports of abuse connected to Bradley’s office.

Vulnerable victims
Bradley’s Route 1 BayBees office overflowed with toys and featured its “ShowBuzz” theater, with a child-sized door, where children waiting for their appointments could watch cartoons.

Several parents have also told the Cape Gazette that Bradley’s waiting room was often filled with children who appeared to come from low socio-economic backgrounds or who appeared to lack resources. “My belief is he preyed on the low-income families and single moms,” one parent said.

An unconfirmed report indicates while working in another physician’s office, Bradley didn’t charge low-income patients for office visits and asked that their bills be paid out of his own salary.

Professor Louis B. Schlesinger of the John Jay College of Criminal Justice of the City University of New York and an expert on serial sex offenders, said pedophiles frequently select their victims, often seeking out the most vulnerable.

He also if Bradley were providing free care, low-income families would be “very unlikely to file a complaint or stop bringing their kids there.”

Pedophiles are intensely aroused by children, Schlesinger said, but because it’s illegal, they are forced from a young age to develop skill at keeping their pedophilia secret.

They frequently seek jobs and activities that put them in contact with children, such as teachers, camp and youth counselors, bus drivers and mentors.

“It’s not a coincidence that a pedophile would become a pediatrician as opposed to radiologist,” Schlesinger said.

Robert D. Gingrich, a Wilmington-area psychotherapist who does assessments of sexual offenders for the Department of Corrections and Department of Parole and who also works with victims and with sex offenders, said because a doctor is in a position of power and respect, he is immediately trusted, just as a priest would be. “Because of who they are, victims are almost immobilized because of their power,” Gingrich said.

“They develop highly manipulative skills throughout the years and they get very good at selecting the most vulnerable, the easiest to prey on.”

Gingrich also said, “They are very good at courting a child, gaining a child’s trust.”

Although documents show police had reports of unusual behavior that go back at least to 2003, Delaware State Police previously said they had been investigating Bradley for a year before his Dec. 16 arrest, after which they obtained search warrants for Bradley’s office, resulting in the numerous charges he now faces.

Police also said until December, they did not have sufficient evidence to arrest Bradley.

Summing up the difficulty police had developing this case, Lt. Robert Moses, Delaware Child Predator Task Force commander, said, “Our goal is rescuing children. But we have to work within the Constitution and the laws of the State of Delaware.”

Asked how Bradley’s behavior could have gone undetected for more than a decade, Moses said, “We wrestle with this every day.”
Editors’ note: Parents interviewed for this story were not identified in order to protect their privacy and the privacy of their children.

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by Nama Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:13 am

"Today, I have asked my State Solicitor to conduct a thorough examination of whether any individuals or entities in 2005 failed to fulfill their legal obligation to report allegations of wrongdoing against Dr. Bradley to the Division of Professional Regulation or the Board of Medical Practice," Biden said. "For example, the recent assertion that various elements of the medical community had information that may have triggered such reporting requirements is a serious concern. We need to get to the bottom of this. As a result, I have instructed the State Solicitor to report his findings to me as soon as possible."

Nama
Nama
Administration
Administration

Back to top Go down

Post by cherylz Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:31 am

You know, I can almost see how some parents weren't quite sure if what he was doing was right or wrong in checking some of the girls. If you are not in the medical profession you really don't know if it is a guideline to see if everything is "OK" on a new patient.
He preyed on vulnerable ppl...as the article suggests-lower socio-economic status etc...Lots of ppl look up to MD's and hold them in the highest regard. They may have in some cases thought this was normal protocol. 🇳🇴
cherylz
cherylz

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryRose Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:37 am

Cherylz, I can also see why when the children told their parents that he hurt them, they may have dismissed that because a doctor often does when he gives a shot or something.
TerryRose
TerryRose

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next